Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Jecky

Post by Jecky » Jun 18th, '05, 01:15

now this i have alot... :mrgreen:

Meteor Garden-got me watching cdramas :D
Meteor Garden 2-didn't like it as much...
Love Storm-didn't get to finish,but was really good :-)
Peach Girl- only watch a couple of episodes...
Mars-currently watching n i luv it!!! :heart:
At the Dolphin Bay-love this too!!! :wub:

well...i'm still trying 2 remember da rest :nuts:

lluviax3

Post by lluviax3 » Jun 19th, '05, 21:32

LOVE CONTRACT is definitely good. after the 1st 2 episodes it gets better! cuz its kind of hard 2 follow [in my opinion at least] but then its soo awesome! ^_^ i love it!

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jun 24th, '05, 05:30

Hi guys! For chinese/taiwanese tv drama's.. I would definitely recommend the following series:

1. MARS-- w/Barbie and Vic Zhou... This series is my favorite of all chinese/taiwanese series out there... Vic and Barbie is so great is this series... also, it's such a great story and great acting... I love this series so much, that I watch the whole series in a DAY!! yep!!! That's how good this series is!!! Highly recommended!! :D

2. Meteor Garden 1-- This is the series that started my addiction to asian drama.. and yep! i have to admit, after watching this series... i became an F4 fan hehehehe!!! :P I love Jerry's character in this series... :wub: Jerry Yan is so HOT!!!! in this series (not at first 'cause he was wearing some weird clothes in the beginning... but then he gets hotter and hotter ..hotter... you the idea... Oh yeh!!! because of this series, i started singing F4 song... Oh my god... (embarassing... i'm not even chinese..hehehehe) " oh baby baby baby...my baby baby...ok...enough... :lol

3 At Dolphin Bay --- I love Ambrose and Wallace in this series... great story, great looking cast, and great songs!!! Watch it...you won't be disappointed....

4. Lavender--- Another series with Ambrose... great tear jerker!!! Love it!!! Ambrose has a great voice... Awesome!!!

5. Marmalade Boy --- Ken Zhu's character in this series is so different from his character in meteor garden.. he's so charming and so care free in this series... this series is great!!! I didn't like the girl that much, but Ken compensated for that...He's just so cute and funny in this series... You will be surprise!! Great story (based on anime)

tequila_bb

Post by tequila_bb » Jun 24th, '05, 10:04

The following link leads you to an extensive list of voters' favourite TVB series:
http://www.tvbsquare.com/favorites.htm

Watched quite a few, aside from the obvious recommended series (i.e. War and Beauty)
I would like to recommend some lesser mentioned dramas:
The Prince's Shadow (2005) - very amusing!
The Last Breakthrough (2004) <- really liked this one, TVB actually filmed part of this in Kenya. The ending theme by Raymond Lam is nice as well.
To Get Unstuck in Time (2004) - interesting premises
The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow (2003) -IMHO, as ridiculous as it was, it was really funny
Point of No Return (2003) - typically I do not like period dramas set in the pre-war era but this was well acted

Since I cannot type Chinese and instead of cutting and pasting their respective names in Chinese, go here:

http://www.tvbsquare.com/series.htm

minttissue

Post by minttissue » Jul 2nd, '05, 06:47

i've seen many tvb ones, but i dont remember them all so i'll just list a few, plus some taiwan ones:

To Get Unstuck in Time
Legal Entanglement (Hacken Lee)
The Last Breakthrough
Twin of Brothers
Huan Zhi Ge Ge 1& 2
Xiao Shiyi Lang (dont know the English for this one but its with nicky wu and athena chu)
Mars: highly recommended :w00t:
The Outsiders (Dou Yu)
My MVP Valentine
Meteor Garden 1
Tian Xia Di Yi: it gets boring at times but its pretty funny

that's all i can remember for now.

xmunkeezx

Post by xmunkeezx » Jul 4th, '05, 04:41

Ahh .. watched quite a load lately, but only liked a few ^^;; I was never really a Taiwanese drama fan ..

MY ABSOLUTE FAVV

la robe de mariee a la cieux
... simply, 天國的嫁衣 : mm i just loved this.. ^^ Really, I like the guys in particular. 立威廉 (Leon Jay Williams) and 明道. Although the story line was quite ... cliche ish, I really enjoyed it.

Meteor Garder I : I'm sure lots of people recommended it, but yeah, I loved it too. I HATED number 2 though ugh ><"

And HK dramas : Golden Faith, Net Deception, Dream of Colors, Eternal Happiness [add more once I remember ^^;;]

YHY

Post by YHY » Jul 4th, '05, 07:01

something new to recommend, The Gateau Affairs (a new TVB series) I love those cakes and stuff hmm...CAKES hahaa :P

http://www.utdallas.edu/~yingying/TVB/GateauAffairs.rm (source: tvbsquare.com)
maybe this themevideo would get you into wanting to watch this series :D

natarielow91

Post by natarielow91 » Jul 4th, '05, 16:37

Meteor Garden 1 love this series the most!!! It is very funny... but at the same time also kind of touching...
Meteor Garden 2 not as good as the first one, but it is still nice... very touching and heart-wrenching, as Jerry and Barbie hav to be seperated..
Mars Extremely great show!! Rated 2nd in my list! It has everything inside... it is definitely worth watching for anyone, even if you are not a fan of Vic
Love Storm Nice show... cried a number of times as well...
At The Dolphin Bay Touching Show... should watch it... Ambrose and Angela are good in it... but i like Wallace the most in it...
Legend of Speed 1 Very cool racing scenes... i like the plot, very saddening though, don't like the ending
Legend of Speed 2 Not as good as the first one as well... because Juliet died... but still quite nice
Lavender Though the ending is sad, but it is still a nice show!!
Love At The Aegan Sea Sad ending also... but still very nice
----
that's all i can think of now... there are a lot more series that are nice... but i like TW dramas the most..

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Jul 5th, '05, 00:04

what about prince turns to frog? anyone enjoying that so far?

i'd change the title though, sounds so childish

kc_l_4ever

Post by kc_l_4ever » Jul 5th, '05, 22:30

i recommend lavender, dolphin bay and love storm.

imPERF3CTED__Xx

Post by imPERF3CTED__Xx » Jul 6th, '05, 03:44

1. my mvp valentine - very good! even though its long worth watching. not a big fan of basketball but...who ever thought they can make basketball so interesting? :P
2. mars - mysterious, interesting...
3. lavender - some touching moments! i thought the ending was so sad. made me teary.
4. at the dolphin bay - hadn't seen it yet but i read the summary of it and it sounds good. saw parts of episode 7 & 8 and i thought it was so cute! made me smile. :roll
5. love contract - never finshed watching it but i thought it was touching how her friends wanted to help her fall in love.

lynsey

Post by lynsey » Jul 8th, '05, 08:59

can someone tell me where i can download huan zhu ge ge 2?

also, can someone tell me which episode has the part where the emperor's mother was going to have his last wife killed?

xiidebbie

Post by xiidebbie » Jul 12th, '05, 21:06

not in any particular order
1) meteor garden
2) huang zhu ge ge
3) qing shen shen yu meng meng [romance in the rain]
4) mo shu qi yuan [magic touch of fate]
5) yi tian tu long ji
6) qing ding ai qing hai [love of the agean sea]
7) nan cai nu mao [boy & girl]

ah mei

Post by ah mei » Jul 14th, '05, 00:11

well Im new .. to this site But I've Been Watching Chinese Dramas all my life ^_^

MY MOST FAVORITE DRAMA OF ALL is..

TREASURE VENTURE - Starring Zhao Wei (vicki zhao) and Nicky Wu. This was the best drama and will always be one of my favorites. The Plot is very good and Zhao's character was so lovable. Nicky Wu looked at hot too. ^_^ Lots of action and love triangles. This IS INDEED a Must WATCH!!! ^_^

anotherfan

Post by anotherfan » Jul 15th, '05, 06:17

I like these:

Romance in the Rain

At Dolphin Bay... ( the story w/the kids just was so cute, if nothing else)

Tian Xia Di Yi

Meteor Garden (I wasn't too impressed with the acting, but it was very entertaining)

HZGG 2 and Yi Tian Tu Long Ji

sunsx_xiang

Post by sunsx_xiang » Jul 16th, '05, 18:09

Romance in the Rain
Princess Returning Pearl I + II - Very good. Beware (in other word, stay away from) of part III.
Duke of Moutain Deer 2000 - Hilarious.
The Luckiest Man - Very good. I'm currently watching 20 something eps. so far. :D
Meteor Garden I - It was good.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 17th, '05, 20:12

My favorites:
1. Mars
2. Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan (Chinese Paladin)
3. Scent of Love
4. The Rose
5. Meteor Garden

Currently watching:
1. Devil Beside You
->> Light hearted teen drama filled with cute guys and gals who make me laugh
2. Prince to Frog
->> Appeals to my more mature but equally comedic centric side
3. Dolphin Loves Cat
->> My favorite actors/actresses are in there, such as Pon Eddie, Lu Joelle, Kuo Shi Ron, and Bai Ben

masterewok

Post by masterewok » Jul 21st, '05, 16:35

movies I'd recommend are : It Had To Be You(you might remember this movie because it was stolen by americans and warped so much that by the time it came out, there was no resemblence to the movie it was supposed to be based on), and Magic Kitchen. they're not really dramas, but romantic comedies but still good

d0rrk

Post by d0rrk » Jul 26th, '05, 01:12

To name a few...

- Princess Returning Pearl I & II [HZGG] Everybody I know liked/loved this series, even my grandparents loved :roll Not much to say other than watch it!
- Romance in the Rain [QSSYMM] The love between the main characters was really touching. And I think I became more aware of the things I ramble in my diary since watching this drama ... lol :O you'll know why if you watched it.
- Fen Hong Nu Lang [Pinky Lady, i think] I had sooo much fun watching this drama, they had alot of funny moments.
- Meteor Garden I I know alot of people loved this series but I didn't personally enjoy it that much. It had its fun moments but Shan Cai's character really bugged me, kinda like how Big S bugged me in Mars lol, I don't know, maybe it's her.
- Devil Beside You This is a new drama, the 5th episode came out just yesterday. DON'T download it right now, not because it's not great but because only one episode comes out a week. I made a biiig biig mistake to download it this early, I'm soo addicted but there's nothing I can do but wait... sigh. :-( Of the 5 eps I've watched so far ... I'd definitely list it as one of the top 3 Taiwanese Dramas I've seen. The love scenes just makes my heart melt and it never gets tiring to watch them :P

ms_lala

Post by ms_lala » Jul 27th, '05, 03:07

:lol i liked...

+++ROMANCE IN THE RAIN+++ i really enjoyed this drama..although it was long..the story
line was good..
+++Meteor Garden I was good...part II wasn't as good..

:lol

kiki312

Post by kiki312 » Aug 1st, '05, 14:59

The new TVB series War of in-laws is darn hilarious....

I'm up to episode 10.........does anyone know where I can find the remaining 10 episodes.....???

xiaoyouangel

Post by xiaoyouangel » Aug 8th, '05, 16:15

taiwanese drama's i love so far and would like to recommend...

DEVIL BESIDE YOU - though its only on its 7th episode and im already addicted to it..coz aside from having my favorite cheng lin on the cast, it also has goodlooking men and women plus i love all those romantic moments specially the handclasps...so sweet :wub:

METEOR GARDEN 1 - the series that started it all... though im disappointed with part 2

DOLPHIN BAY - love the songs and the story though i think angela is no match for ambrose... :-(

wild_berry

Post by wild_berry » Aug 9th, '05, 19:05

1/ Devil beside you (soo cute,I like Mike He )
2/The outsiders ( I love the main actor,He is so cool,really cool )
3/Snow angle
4/Mars(Vic Chou is No.1)

P0KEY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by P0KEY » Aug 9th, '05, 19:29

1. DEVIL BESIDES YOU (agrees with people above me)

i, too, have made the mistake of downloading 7 episodes, and i started watching it. then i got REALLY ADDICTED (mike he... XD), and i finished all 7 episodes.... now i`m just like ITCHING to watch the rest of it... i wish i downloaded the WHOLE thing, THEN watched it XD

2. Mars - what can i say, ZAI ZAI`s in it! XD
3. Meteor Garden- so so sweet. made me depressed for a week, because i knew that no guy in the world is like that..... or at least that i`ve met heheh XD
4. Princess Returning Pearl I + II - one of the first dramas i`ve ever watched, really good story and plot. plus the characters are really good and their acting, too.
5. romance in the rain - affected me, made me cry, made me laugh, made me smile. so many sweet parts, sad parts, and in the end, i cried for days XD teehee

eeek, can`t think of any more.. but i saw a lot that were good :mrgreen:

Luv^Ta

Post by Luv^Ta » Aug 13th, '05, 08:16

Huan Zhu Ge GE 1 & 2 [ Princess Returning Pearl] :wub:

But i couldnt find their torrent in here..

Luv^Ta:
Is there uploaded toreent for this show ?? cu z, this is really top of my list..I Luv it very much.. its so interesting.. :-)

azndgn26

Favorite TVB/China/Taiwan Series

Post by azndgn26 » Aug 17th, '05, 17:22

:lol =funny, :cry: =sad, :wub: =romance, :crazy: =action/wuxia/swordfight, :salut: =detective/investigation

not in any particular order

Chinese: (Top 24)
1. Taiwan Lavender (starring Ambrose Hsu, Yi Rong Chen, Penny Lin) :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
2. China Stealing Dragon Exchanging Phoenix (starring Vincent Jiao, Zhang Ting) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
3. China Warriors Of The Yang Clan (starring Angie Chiu, Alec Su, Chae Rim) :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
4. China Princess Returning Pearl 1 & 2 [Huan Zhu Ge Ge] (starring Alec Su, Ruby Lin, Vicki Zhao, Zhang Tie Lin, Fan Bing Bing) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
5. China Princess Huai Yu (starring Eric Suen, Jia Yu Cheng) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
6. Taiwan Romance In The Rain [Qing Shen Shen Yu Meng Meng] (starring Leo Ku, Ruby Lin, Vicki Zhao, Alec Su) :cry: :wub: [1800s-1900s]
7. Taiwan Meteor Garden 1 (starring F4, Barbie Xu) :lol :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
8. TVB Game Of Deceit (starring Nick Cheung, Jessica Hsuan, Chin Kar Lok, Shirley Cheung) :lol :cry: :wub: [1800s-1900s]
9. TVB Mr. Winner (starring Anita Yuen, Dicky Cheung) :lol :cry: :wub: [1800s-1900s]
10. China Smart Kid (starring Dicky Cheung, Li Bing Bing) :lol :wub: :crazy: [1800s-1900s]
11. TVB War & Beauty (starring Charmaine Sheh, Gigi Lai, Maggie Cheung, Bowie Lam, Moses Chan, Rebecca Chan) :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
12. TVB Shades of Truth (starring, Wong Hei, Julian Cheung, Gigi Lai, Tavia Yeung) :cry: :wub: :salut: [ANCIENT/MODERN]
13. Taiwan The Bronze Teeth III (starring Alyssa Chia, Zhang Tie Lin, Zhang Guo Li) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
14. China Flying Daggers (starring Ruby Lin, Suen Hing, Julian Cheung) :cry: :wub: :crazy: [1800s-1900s]
15. TVB Eternal Happiness (starring Michelle Yip, Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung, Joe Ma, Rain Lau) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
16. Taiwan 100% Senorita (starring Penny Lin, Wallace Huo, Deric Wan, Joey Chen) :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
17. TVB The Voyage of Emperor Qian Long to Jiang Nan (starring Benny Chan, Charmaine Sheh, Yuki Hsu) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
18. Taiwan Love Of The Aegean Sea (starring Alec Su, Chae Rim, Peter Ho) :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
19. TVB Point Of No Return (starring Angie Chiu, Damien Lau, Charmaine Sheh, Julian Cheung, Sammul Chan, Kevin Cheng) :lol :cry: :wub: [1800s-1900s]
20. TVB Golden Faith (starring Gallen Lo, Jessica Hsuan, Michelle Yip, Deric Wan, Tavia Yeung, Raymond Lam, Moylie Wu) :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
21. TVB The Last Breakthrough (starring Raymond Lam, Leila Tong, Sonija Kwok, Nick Cheung) :lol :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
22. Taiwan Frog Prince aka Prince Turns to Frog (starring Joey Chen, Ming Dao, Matt Lin, Sam Wang) :lol :cry: :wub: [MODERN]
23. China Chinese Paladin [Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan] (starring Hu Ge, Liu Yi Fei, Ady Xuan, Bryan Wang, Liu Ping Yan, Eddie Peng) :lol :cry: :wub: :crazy: [ANCIENT]
24. TVB/China Princess Sheng Ping [Xin Zui Da Jin Zhi] (starring Chae Rim, Nick Cheung, Yo Yo Mung, Qiao Zhen Yu, Lu Jian Ming) :lol :cry: :wub: [ANCIENT]

TO BE CONTINUED.....
Last edited by azndgn26 on Feb 11th, '06, 18:36, edited 7 times in total.

chiabenitez

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Post by chiabenitez » Aug 19th, '05, 22:38

Im looking for MY SASSY GIRL, WINDSTRUCK and IL MARE.
i don't know if i can find it in this site. :pale: :pale: i've been wanting to download it but i got a hard time finding where i can get it. do anyone of you has it? just a favor. please.....
thank you [/b :-)

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Aug 20th, '05, 04:24

Im looking for MY SASSY GIRL, WINDSTRUCK and IL MARE.
i don't know if i can find it in this site. i've been wanting to download it but i got a hard time finding where i can get it. do anyone of you has it? just a favor. please.....
u can dl windstruck, il mare, and my sassy girl at www.torrentspy.com. Just type the title in the search bar or type echizen cuz he has many asian movies uploaded. I downloaded all three of those movies at dat site w/ no trouble. BTW they're Korean movies so this topic should belong in the Korean Entertainment.
Last edited by azndgn26 on Aug 24th, '05, 20:30, edited 3 times in total.

Ai Ming

Post by Ai Ming » Aug 23rd, '05, 05:05

snow angel
100% twins senorita
ai shang qian jin mei mei
wang zi bian qing wa
dolphin bay
qing ting ai qin hai
mpv qing ren
dou yu
You should watch this all. very nice really esp the top 5 series. will not regret it

Linn

Post by Linn » Aug 27th, '05, 08:04

Some are still watching..

Taiwan
Lavender
Mars
Meteor Garden I,II
Marmalade Boy
Dolphin Bay
Devil Besides Me
Frog Prince
Marmalade Boy
Legend of Speed
In Love With A Girl

Hong Kong
Just Love

Singapore
Return of the Condor Hero 98

Wish List
Poor Prince
Peach Girl
Love Storm

There're more...add later..

FantaxyStar

Post by FantaxyStar » Sep 7th, '05, 18:40

Modernish

Meteor Garden I & II
Peach Girl
The Outsiders I & II [Dou Yu]
100% Senorita
Dolphin Bay
MARS
Hi Working Girl
Love Storm

>>>Im a F4 and Xiao Zhu Fan :mrgreen: <<<

Ancient Time
The Handsome Siblings [dickie cheung and fanbingbing and nicholas tse]
The Duke of Mount Deer (Xiao Bao Yu Kan Xi) [dickie cheung]
Princess Returning Pearl **ALL** [vicki, ruby, alec su]

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 08:49

I think MVP Valentine is nice

vhikee

Post by vhikee » Sep 10th, '05, 12:01

who know the title of new drama series in taiwan, the leading actor there name CASH....

i3lu3fun

Post by i3lu3fun » Sep 15th, '05, 19:57

i'm addicted to

1. MARS (Vic was like so cool in it... haha)
2. Devil Beside You (Dis one is so funny... and Mike is damn cute)
3. Mr. Fighting (love the storyline and the fight scene.. :D )

rhoda

Post by rhoda » Sep 18th, '05, 04:31

not bad!

love-at_Dolphin_Bay

Post by love-at_Dolphin_Bay » Sep 22nd, '05, 06:47

Please advise me, where can I get torrent files of the above-mentioned dramas ? Thank you

lilac2785

Post by lilac2785 » Sep 22nd, '05, 06:52

I loved Mars and Meteor Garden I. Don't waste your time with Meteor Garden II.
Could not make it through the first episodes of Summer I Lover You, Love Contract, and Peach Girl.

kitsune714

Post by kitsune714 » Sep 25th, '05, 19:28

My favorite Chinese dramas have to be:

1. Mars - This drama was so much more than the average idol drama--as much as I enjoyed the manga, I found that the show surpassed the original comic in terms of really showing these great human elements.

2. Meteor Garden I - MGI was the first Chinese series I ever saw, due to the fact that I am a big fan of the manga on which it is based, Hana Yori Dango. It's funny, light-hearted, and has a wonderful cast of characters.

3. The Outsiders I and II - I must say that I enjoyed the first series more than the second. Even though Lan Zheng Long was missing from the second series, I found that Luo Zhi Xiang added a new element that was really enjoyable to watch. I loved the whole premise of the show--the theme of crime and triads and gangsters is one that I find hard to resist.

Lately, I've been watching the series Devil Beside You, which stars Rainie Yang and Mike He. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far--it's got a great blend of humor, romance, and drama. Rainie has impressed me with her growth since MGI and considering that I haven't ever seen any of Mike He's dramas before, I've been pleasantly surprised with his ability to pull of a fairly complex character.

:wub:

chimsonca

Post by chimsonca » Oct 3rd, '05, 20:27

definitely Devile Beside You - :wub: :w00t: :lol :roll you got to see this drama

usyagitntn

Post by usyagitntn » Oct 3rd, '05, 23:11

I think I would recommend Romane in the rain, Huan Zhu ge ge ( I and II) :D. Those are the only two that I can remember for now. I will recommend more later :)

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Oct 6th, '05, 00:14

d0rrk wrote:To name a few...
- Meteor Garden I I know alot of people loved this series but I didn't personally enjoy it that much. It had its fun moments but Shan Cai's character really bugged me, kinda like how Big S bugged me in Mars lol, I don't know, maybe it's her.
Omg I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks that, Shan Cai is such an annoying character. I can't stand all her fake "I'm so strong so don't try to help me" stuff. She totally ruined the whole series for me. And her character in Mars was basically the same except a whole lot more subdued, and it irked me to hell.

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Oct 6th, '05, 08:37

my favorite chinese series were,

TVB fav
Mystery of the Twin Swords 1 + 2; Legend of Condor Hero 94;Return of Condor Hero 95; State of Divinity; Greed of Man ;Armed Reaction 1,3 2+4 was ok for me; DIF IV; Criminal Investigator 1 + 2;; Justice Sung, Witness to a Prosecution, Burning Flame, and Jorney to the West, <--the sequels to these were ok;; Happy Ever After; Reaching Out; Fate Twisters; Greed Mask; Triump in the Skies

ATV fav
my date with spring; legend, a dream named desire; my date with a vampire series(i love 1 + 2 , 3 didn't live up to my expectations); vampire expert 1 + 2; project ji xiang; snow is red; who's the winner 1+2; the pride of chaozhou

taiwan fav( i haven't seen much, hope to see more)
princess returning pearl; meteor garden; book and sword; at dolphin bay(currently watching); a chinese ghost story

singapore fav
unbeatable 1 + 2 (i dunno if it is singapore), dare to strike, the royal monk

i prolly have seen more dramas from atv, taiwan, and singapore that would rank as my fav but i can vaguely recall their titles because i have seen probably hundreds of chinese serials since the age of five seriously, where i first saw mystery of the twin swords(a very light hearted wuxia tale that kids would love, i loved it, i can't recall how many times i watchd that over and over again when i was a kid) and got hooked on serials... :lol :D :-)

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Oct 11th, '05, 16:06

Just to update my list...

Seeing as how many have been mentioning Devil Beside You, I won't mention it again.....much, but Mike He and Rainie Yang are very cute in it! :wub:

But also latley I've been watching Chinese Paladin, and I'm now thoroughly addicted and so I thoroughly recommend it. :mrgreen:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 13th, '05, 11:58

movieaddict wrote:my favorite chinese series were,

TVB fav
Mystery of the Twin Swords 1 + 2; Legend of Condor Hero 94;Return of Condor Hero 95; State of Divinity; Greed of Man ;Armed Reaction 1,3 2+4 was ok for me; DIF IV; Criminal Investigator 1 + 2;; Justice Sung, Witness to a Prosecution, Burning Flame, and Jorney to the West, <--the sequels to these were ok;; Happy Ever After; Reaching Out; Fate Twisters; Greed Mask; Triump in the Skies
wowers............you named a lot of my favorite TVB series. Mystery of the Twin Swords 1 + 2, were about the flying swords where the two lead actresses fell in love with the main actor right? and he becomes evil in part 2? if they were the right series, then i remember they were from more than 11 years ago.

Although, the more recent TVB series hasn't been as great as the past ones, I just wanted to add that "Revolving Doors of Vengeance" has brought back my love for HK dramas. I was literally stuck on my couch at late hours into the nights glued to the screen. I haven't seen such a great and creative TVB series in years. I have seen such crafty schemes since "War and Beauty". And I thought the schemes were even more backhanded then "War and Beauty." And did anyone else notice the similarities between the character Kenix Kwok played and the ones Gigi Lai and Charmaine Sheh played?

it shows love really does overpower greed and power....but wow, this series really was something~ a must watch!!!! the only disappointment was the ending. i thought it was too abrupt...i wanted more details on the future!

go to your nearest TVB store and rent them! or you can download them at china BT. :-)

question: the actress, Ella Koon, who played the role "Lee Hoi Sum" (Happy Lee?), i think she's really pretty. while i thought her acting in this series weren't as natural as the veterans, i think she did a great job portraying one of the only non two-faced characters.

-Fantasy Hotel and Yummy Yummy kept me entertained with their funny plots and my stomach was literally grumbling while watching the earlier episodes of Yummy Yummy. and every time Kevin Cheung and his parents tried to speak in Mandarin, I would double over laughing :rofl:

hsiuting2007

Post by hsiuting2007 » Oct 13th, '05, 23:26

i'm a HUGE taiwanese drama fan and i've watched i think... of the ones that i watched, i definitely recommend:
*Meteor Garden I (I didn't enjoy II much),
*Love Contract (that's when i fell in love with He Jun Xian.. the leading actor and actress have GREAT chemistry together... i really believed that they were in love!),
*MARS (vic was very hot),
*Devil Besides You (LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! again, He Jun Xian starred in this.. him and Rainie Yang also have great chemistry in this series),
*Express Boy (the only reason i'm watching this is He Jun Xian... isn't as great as i hope it would be, but he's great in acting this role... the other actors are okay..)
*Chinese Paladin (i usually don't like to watch chinese epic series, but this is based off of a fantasy game and the cast are hot young actors and actresses... i actually really like it!)

hsiuting2007

Post by hsiuting2007 » Oct 13th, '05, 23:29

i'm a HUGE taiwanese drama fan and i've watched i think... of the ones that i watched, i definitely recommend:
*Meteor Garden I (I didn't enjoy II much),
*Love Contract (that's when i fell in love with He Jun Xian.. the leading actor and actress have GREAT chemistry together... i really believed that they were in love!),
*MARS (vic was very hot),
*Devil Besides You (LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! again, He Jun Xian starred in this.. him and Rainie Yang also have great chemistry in this series),
*Express Boy (the only reason i'm watching this is He Jun Xian... isn't as great as i hope it would be, but he's great in acting this role... the other actors are okay..)
*Chinese Paladin (i usually don't like to watch chinese epic series, but this is based off of a fantasy game and the cast are hot young actors and actresses... i actually really like it!)

misslazy

Post by misslazy » Oct 14th, '05, 13:19

oh.. love contract.. i love mike ho!!!

and.. the rose~~!!! gosh.. it was funny and sad..

hear no evil

Post by hear no evil » Oct 15th, '05, 02:03

Taiwanese dramas that I recommends:

1.) Devil Beside You - I loved the humor and the chemistry between Rainie and Mike. They were like the cutest couple! The storyline is a bit weird but it's such a funny drama you guys got to watch it!

2.) Mars - I was super emotional when I was watching this. Maybe because I get easily touched and everything. And I was just so amazed by Vic's acting skill and I don't know. It;s a very interesting drama, very different from all of the other dramas that I've watched.

I'm very picky when it comes to dramas. So yeah.

Japanese Drama:

1.) Kimi wa Petto - It was the drama that got me addicted to Japanese dramas! It's so good! The drama wasn't predictable so it was very enjoyable and had me glued to the screen till the last second.

Korean Drama:

1.) Beautiful Days - The best korean drama I ever watched. It's just so darn good and I cried so muchhhhhhhhhh! YOU MUST WATCH THIS!

lilsh0rtnancy

Post by lilsh0rtnancy » Oct 17th, '05, 00:47

I'm currently into the TW Teen Idol Dramas:

1. MG1 (absolutely love it, started my obsession)
*do NOT watch MG2*
2. Devil Beside You (very cute drama; I love Mike He in here)
3. Prince Who Turns into a Frog (i'm currently addicted to this; very good drama!)
4. It Started w/ a Kiss (the story is kinda boring but there are cute moments, but the main guy is cute; I do not like Ariel in here, no offence to her fans, but her face is so annoying)

pfl_fan

Post by pfl_fan » Oct 18th, '05, 07:19

I like Meteor Garden 1 the best. I love the story besides F4. I just started watching Prince Who Turns Into a Frog. The story seems funny and cute.

Other Chinese dramas I've seen but strongly disliked or didn't care for that much:

(1) Meteor Garden 2 - forget about watching this; it ruined the romance in MG1 for me.
(2) Love Contract - actually I've only seen 2 eps; couldn't get past ep 2; story bored me & I didn't like the lead girl.
(3) At the Dolphin Bay - bad acting, story is uninteresting; my only consolation was Wallace Hou.
(4) Mars - good acting/story but its story is just too dark and depressing for me; I'm not into this kind of drama, that's all. Vic Zhou's & Barbie Xu's acting certainly improved from their MGdays. :-)
(5) Switch - there were few funny parts and it's too long (40-41 eps?) then it became so melodramatic toward the end.
(6) Kung Fu Soccer - stupid story; the writers seemed to have made up the plot as they went along.
(7) Heaven's Wedding Gown - really bad acting, lead girl annoying and unattractive
(8) Emperor's Banquet - boring, not very funny
(9) The Last Empress - this is actually ok if you enjoy serious historical dramas
(10) Hero/World's Finest - boring and not even Wallace Hou could console me
:-(
(11) Warriors of the Yang Clan - story's not bad but I'm neither a fan of Chae-rim nor Alec Su
(12) Marmalade Boy - Boooring and the lead girl is goofy-looking.
(13) Heaven's Wedding Gown - Bad story and terrible acting especially by the lead male (Leon Williams?) and I find the lead girl (Cyndi Wang) annoying and unattractive.
Last edited by pfl_fan on Oct 25th, '05, 20:46, edited 2 times in total.

Paige

Post by Paige » Oct 18th, '05, 15:50

I really like War of the In-Laws starring Myolie Wu & Bosco Wong. Absolutely hilarious and so cute! Older ones like Country Spirit, Talented Boy & Pretty Girl, Mars, Seven Sisters, Fate Twisters are also really really good

movieaddict

Post by movieaddict » Oct 18th, '05, 23:13

lilswtangel wrote:
wowers............you named a lot of my favorite TVB series. Mystery of the Twin Swords 1 + 2, were about the flying swords where the two lead actresses fell in love with the main actor right? and he becomes evil in part 2? if they were the right series, then i remember they were from more than 11 years ago.
i dunno if its the series you are talking about but mystery of the twin swords had put the two leads into superstardom in hongkong >Roger Kwok and Dicky Cheung
This series was definately more than 11 years old, i believe its 15 years old i watchd this when i was like a lil kid....
Well its nice to hear you are a tvb fan but many tvb series these days aren't that interesting though they are still enjoyable...i haven't seen revolving doors of vngeance yet but i'm eagerly waiting for it and yummy yummy at my local retailer... 8)

kikkiko

Post by kikkiko » Oct 28th, '05, 03:00

hmm, i like most of the shows already mentioned here.
Definitely Mars, Devil Beside You, Meteor Garden I (i didn't like meteor garden II), Outsiders I and II were both really good, Magic Ring was okay (also stars Joe from "it started with a kiss" and "Nine Ball").

Some of my friends recommended "Love at the Aegean Sea", but I've only seen the first 7 episodes of it so far.

I like "Evil Spirit 05". It's like a mix of horror and drama. Altough, I have to say it's not that scary...I actually laughed at some of the scenes that were supposed to be scary, but I still think this is a good series.

I also like "The Rose", but i noticed that show wasn't mentioned that often by other people, so I guess not that any people would agree with me...but i thought it was really fun to watch.

I loved the beginning of "Chinese Paladin", but i have to admit, i didn't like the ending.

I really want to watch Nine Ball and Love Contact, since I heard those were good shows. There's not that many people seeding them right now so I might just end up buying the dvds. Any other recommendations??? Would my money be better spent on buying other shows, or are these two shows worth buying?

lil_manda

Post by lil_manda » Nov 1st, '05, 00:38

ive only seen:
eternity - okay movie, nie yuan was just absolutely gorgeos in this
meteor garden 1 - this was THEE BEST taewainese drama ever!!!!!! i luved it.--->SO WORTH BUYIN!!
meteor garden 2 - part 2 was WAY BETTER, not worthe buying

exal

Post by exal » Nov 3rd, '05, 01:49

The Drama I would recommend watching would be:

1) The Rose- the first ep wasn't that great, but the rest of it was hilarious and sad...
I still love watching this drama. Part of the reason for watching was because SHE and Lu ming Jun aka Joelle Lu was in it. I hear some crappy things said about the actress Lu ming from Asianfanatic Forum on her. I dislike those comments...lol
2) The Outsiders 1 and The Outsiders 2 - I loved both - partly because Lu Ming was in it... :P
3)Chinese Paladin - loved this one - i believe many people saw this- no need for me to xplain
4)Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber 2003 - Love this remake of the original from the HK version.
5)Metoer Garden 1- saw this 2 years ago - funny and dramatic. The second one which i bought last year - did not even watch it till recently.. since it killed whole storyline from the first....i fastwarded most of it... no point in watching at all...

Currently Waiting for download to finish - Reaching for the Stars 2005 - starring SHE :P

PS: Does anyone have The drama Say Yes Enterprise and Beauty Lady..
Looking for it everywhere to download..no one seem to have it..

Please let me download it:) Thanks

Regards,
Edison

airhead100

Post by airhead100 » Nov 3rd, '05, 09:26

Say Yes Enterprise i been gooding for this forever never can find i heard it good

Eleven

Post by Eleven » Nov 3rd, '05, 19:48

I recommend :
C-drama:
*"Tou tou Ai shang ni " It's verry interesting
* "Hou tian mei nu "
* Love talks
* Lavender
* Pore Prince Taro
* Love storm

K-drama:
*Full house*
* Hotel

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 4th, '05, 09:50

movieaddict wrote:
lilswtangel wrote:
i dunno if its the series you are talking about but mystery of the twin swords had put the two leads into superstardom in hongkong >Roger Kwok and Dicky Cheung
This series was definately more than 11 years old, i believe its 15 years old i watchd this when i was like a lil kid....
Well its nice to hear you are a tvb fan but many tvb series these days aren't that interesting though they are still enjoyable...i haven't seen revolving doors of vngeance yet but i'm eagerly waiting for it and yummy yummy at my local retailer... 8)
you're right about it not being Mystery of the Twin Swords~ darn it, now I really don't remember the title of the drama and its sequel.

and believe me, I totally understand your feelings about TVB dramas nowadays. They're just not like the way they used to be.......

which is why I'm grateful to D-Addicts for providing me with J & K dramas. :-)

but you should definitely watch "Revolving Doors of Vengeance".......Kenix Kwok and Joe Ma did a stupendous job~

amulet

Post by amulet » Nov 5th, '05, 00:16

Hi everyone :lol
My series :
* Devil beside you ( Mike & Ranie is the most cuties coupe :wub: )
* Meteor garden I ( I watched it 'cause of this 's my favorite manga, but the acting's great :wub: :wub: :wub: )
* mars
My current : It starte with a kiss , the lead actress isn't so cute , ( I don't like her in drama LOVE CONTRACT ) but this drama good , some scen is funny . :wub:

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Nov 6th, '05, 02:39

pfl_fan wrote:I like Meteor Garden 1 the best. I love the story besides F4. I just started watching Prince Who Turns Into a Frog. The story seems funny and cute.

Other Chinese dramas I've seen but strongly disliked or didn't care for that much:

(1) Meteor Garden 2 - forget about watching this; it ruined the romance in MG1 for me.
(2) Love Contract - actually I've only seen 2 eps; couldn't get past ep 2; story bored me & I didn't like the lead girl.
(3) At the Dolphin Bay - bad acting, story is uninteresting; my only consolation was Wallace Hou.
(4) Mars - good acting/story but its story is just too dark and depressing for me; I'm not into this kind of drama, that's all. Vic Zhou's & Barbie Xu's acting certainly improved from their MGdays. :-)
(5) Switch - there were few funny parts and it's too long (40-41 eps?) then it became so melodramatic toward the end.
(6) Kung Fu Soccer - stupid story; the writers seemed to have made up the plot as they went along.
(7) Heaven's Wedding Gown - really bad acting, lead girl annoying and unattractive
(8) Emperor's Banquet - boring, not very funny
(9) The Last Empress - this is actually ok if you enjoy serious historical dramas
(10) Hero/World's Finest - boring and not even Wallace Hou could console me
:-(
(11) Warriors of the Yang Clan - story's not bad but I'm neither a fan of Chae-rim nor Alec Su
(12) Marmalade Boy - Boooring and the lead girl is goofy-looking.
(13) Heaven's Wedding Gown - Bad story and terrible acting especially by the lead male (Leon Williams?) and I find the lead girl (Cyndi Wang) annoying and unattractive.
I agree with u on all the ones u mentioned that I watched which are Meteor Garden 2, At the Dolphin Bay, Mars, Kung Fu Soccer, and Hero/World's Finest. But I dun agree wit u on Warrior's Of The Yang Clan. I am a big fan of Chae Rim and Alec Su and I thought they did a realli good job and the fact that he's chinese and she's korean. I cried so much for this series and I realli like Angie Chiu in here as well. There were 2 endings fer the drama, one is wen he dies, and the other is wen he doesn't die. I really liked the series and they were so compatible with each like just like wen they starred together in Love At Aegean Sea.

sgwannabe
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sgwannabe » Nov 19th, '05, 08:04

Does anyone know of It started with a kiss...is it any good?

moivon

Post by moivon » Nov 19th, '05, 17:56

It started with a kiss ROCKs!.... muz watch!... hehehehe... i am falling in love with it.... cant wait for it to upload every wk!.... :D

akai_14

Post by akai_14 » Nov 19th, '05, 18:14

i LOVE Meteor Garden, Love Contract, Devil Beside You, It Started With A KIss & Mars =)

MuSiC_RoCkz

Post by MuSiC_RoCkz » Nov 19th, '05, 18:17

I totally love

It's started with a Kiss
&
Devil Beside you

This two drama are so sweet... i love them so much... i download it on my computer as well as i must go buy the VCD/ DVD... No matter what i must get it...

chimsonca

Post by chimsonca » Nov 21st, '05, 06:44

I just finished watching "Prince Who Turned Into a Frog" and this series, I tell you, is so funny and yet serious moments sometimes. I am touched by this series....anyway, their chemistry of the main actor and actress was so great. I highly recommend you all to watch this new series. They are available at http://clubbox.co.kr/encodes
oh...it has a very happy ending

My fav.:
Prince Turned Into Frog :wub: :wub: (2 thumps up for this one) :thumleft: :thumright:
Devil Beside You :wub: :cheers: :thumright:
Full House :lol
Sweet 18 :D
My Samsoon :whistling:
oh....and Princess Pearl 1 & 2 :cheers: :cheers: :thumright:
Last edited by chimsonca on Nov 21st, '05, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

emdi

Thank u and my list...

Post by emdi » Nov 21st, '05, 07:01

Hi everyone, :-)
Recently I got addicted to watching Chinese dramas again after almost 2 years!
Thanks for your comments. Been reading them and trying to compare your tastes with mine so that I can sort of guess what to watch next. I don't watch Chinese Drama much cos' I'm fussy about shows. If I'm to list what I like, it would be too short! Cos I don't watch much. :P

Here are some dramas that I manage to catch:

1) Meteor Garden 1 (It was the first T-drama which I like despite its shallowness. The actors can't act but the storyline was great. Hana Yori Dango was one of my favourite manga which explains my love for this drama. I even bought the box-set. Jerry Yan's good looks is the other reason. Ya ya so I'm shallow after all! :roll

2) Meteor Garden 2 (Yuks. Don't waste your time and money! Okay, so I'm not that shallow and not that much of a sucker after all! Hehe)

3) Senorita 100% (caught it on Cable TV once in awhile. Ok. But not worth buying. I like the actress, Joe Chen for some reason. And Derek Wan can act.)

4) There's another one about 2 sisters who are ballet dancers and an obnoxious male lead who can't speak Mandarin. need I say more. There are a lot of forgettable dramas which I never really got into, just catch an episode on cable tv. I actually came to a conclusion T dramas especially idol dramas are :cry: sucky.

5) Devil beside you. ( silly story; very ridiculous but the leads are real great eye candies! So if you are as shallow as me and want to switch off your brains when watching here's a drama for you. Michael He is :wub: )

6) Love Contract ( watch it purely for Mike He. Come on, it even had 3 endings for you to choose from! If u really have nothing to do and you are already bored to death....)

7) Prince who turns into a frog (This one has revived my interest in T-dramas! It is better than meteor Garden 1! If u must watch oen T drama in your life time, choose this!)

and now I'm back to reading ur posts cos' I'm really at lost on what to watch.... :scratch:

For people who wants to give other dramas a try, these ones come with strong recommendations!!!!! :thumleft: :thumright:
1) House MD (wit at its best!)
2) Criminal minds (keeps u on the edge of ur seat!)
3) Monk (for die-hard who dunnits!)
4) My name is Kim Sam Soon (she's more like u and me!)
5) GTO (the shortest, sweetest drama. Chinese, Korean and Americns should learn to keep their dramas short!)

:argue: Sorry, I'm way out of line here..Afterall it is a thread for Chinese dramas.ahem...thousand apologies... :unsure:

chimsonca

Post by chimsonca » Nov 21st, '05, 17:02

7) Prince who turns into a frog (This one has revived my interest in T-dramas! It is better than meteor Garden 1! If u must watch oen T drama in your life time, choose this!)7)
I agree with ya that Frog Prince is much better thatn Meteor Garden 1, but yet the Princess Pearl 1 & 2 are the best too ....so I suggest that you should watch both series :lol

willabui

Post by willabui » Nov 26th, '05, 06:19

recommened series

MARS (THE BEST SERIE EVER; its so dark and mysterious, plus vic is so hot)
METEOR GARDEN 1 (do not watch 2, it just ruins part 1)
CHINESE PALADIN
PRINCE TURNS INTO A FROG
DEVIL BESIDE YOU

you guys probably already watched all these, movies, but just like to give my opinion as well

as well, im currently downloading reach for the stars, mvp valentine, and it started with a kiss...just wondering what's you're opinion on the three series?
thanks

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Nov 27th, '05, 05:23

i don't know about the other two but It started with a kiss is a great great great drama.
Have you watched the Jap version for this, it was super good two :D because these 2 were adapted from a great manga :lol

willabui

Post by willabui » Nov 27th, '05, 18:35

Gi-Ma-Mi wrote:i don't know about the other two but It started with a kiss is a great great great drama.
Have you watched the Jap version for this, it was super good two :D because these 2 were adapted from a great manga :lol
no, whats the jap version callled? is it still the same title? cause i hardly even watch jap movies, only anime

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Nov 27th, '05, 18:45

willabui wrote:no, whats the jap version callled? is it still the same title? cause i hardly even watch jap movies, only anime
it's called itazura na kiss. stars kashiwabara takashi :wub: and sato aiko. it's one of my favorite jdramas.

it's not the same name if you look at it in english, but the chinese translation of the jdrama name and the chinese name of the twdrama is the same. is that confusing? :-)

ebony

Post by ebony » Nov 28th, '05, 18:48

I have only just started to watch tw dramas so i haven't got many recommendations but the few ive just watched are..

MARS- halfway through this and i love it i find it very mysterious and i'm completly hooked on it.

Meteor Garden- was my first tw drama and i absouletly love it and im glad it was my first drama to get me hooked on tw dramas.

Love Contract- only on the first few episodes as i can't get many seeders but from what i have seen so far i really like it though i've been hearing bad things about the ending.

Meteor Garden 2- i wasn't too sure whether to watch this one or not because of what everyone was saying about it. I can't stand yesha and it's not as enjoyable as the first one but i wanted to see how the story continued i'm nearly at the end but can't get the downloads, the only postive thing i can say about this drama so far is the music is excellent, i downloaded the ost and can't stop playing it really good music.

Love At Aegean Sea- i didn't really go much on this one and found it to completly drag on 40 episodes is really long for me and i found it took me three weeks to actually get around to finishing it, the scenery was lovely and the story was ok but just dragged on too much for my likeing.

So even though i haven't watched that many i find they are my new obsession i really want to watch
the champion, it started with a kiss, MVP and devil beside you, hopefully i'll get round to watching these when im done with the rest :unsure:

cvt

Post by cvt » Nov 28th, '05, 19:09

The Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 WILL BE THE BEST CHINESE DRAMA EVER!!!!!

bioshiva07

Post by bioshiva07 » Nov 29th, '05, 01:30

browsing thru this forum, Metero garden (1 never 2) and Mars were mentioned quite frequently. i would start with MG, a light comical yet sometimes tearful drama. then if you become a Zaizai (Vic chou) fan, like me, you would totally love MARs. his acting totally improved. the main female character for MG is also in this one. once again, if you are a Rui/HZL Tsukushi/Shan Cai fan, then MArs is the drama for you. even though it's pretty dark, the themes and scenes are amazing with the motorcycle sequences. plus, Zaizai looks hott in it!

energybooster

Post by energybooster » Nov 29th, '05, 06:18

I totally recommend the Frog Prince series..it really really very good..it's a total must watch!!! haha :D

Anyway can someone tell me wat chinese paladin is and love contract is all about? sorry i juz started watching twdramas but i'm totally getting into it..so i'm looking arnd for more basically..tx!