need help identifying a show from my childhood

Discuss chinese drama series here.
w4nz1

need help identifying a show from my childhood

Post by w4nz1 » Jan 20th, '14, 01:33

hi guys,

i have been having great trouble tracking down a chinese sword fighting drama series possibly from the late 80's to early 90's. My father used to record them for me when i was a kid and i never got to finish the series. i would love to relive this and rewatch it but i just cannot identify the name of the series.

Below is a description of the story and events from what i remember.

Any help or possible titles that anyone knows please post and ill check them out.

Story as far as i saw goes as follows:

The story is based hundreds of years ago before any westernization or any foreign influence came to china.

The lead character is Kim Chau (i think thats the spelling), hes a swordsman from a highly skilled family who falls for a street performer and he teaches her swordplay from his family manual. Her brother being a fat idiot is conned by kim chau's rival family before they kill him to get the manual and they use the skills in it to attack and kill kim chaus family in their home. He arrives home just after his father is killed as his twin sisters and brother (i think) have already been killed. He and the girl then fight and kill the rival family after realizing that they are using his family skills.

After this event kim chau becomes an alcoholic and just wanders around. some younger girl befriends him but he cant get over his family's deaths and she eventually tries to prove a point by drinking his wine and she passes out right away. he also as a run in with the girl whos brother got his family killed and he just gives her some money for helping him and tells her to get lost. she too is having a hard time dealing with what happened and runs her hands across the blade of her sword.

That’s as far as I got and all i can remember from this series.

w4nz1

Post by w4nz1 » Jan 20th, '14, 02:20

also, i believe this was in cantonese not mandarin