Korean Actors/Actresses discussion thread

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 6th, '11, 18:53

1986-Oct-06 :party: :party:
Happy Birthday !

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 6th, '11, 20:00

well look at our Moon Jae Shin in modern times. :wub:
Happy Birthday cutie. :P

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 6th, '11, 21:55

^^ ^^ Yeah thats why his face is like that- probably thinking, Damn I look like this in regular clothes!? :w00t: :wub:

Happy birthday!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 10th, '11, 13:40

So, it was Kim Myeong Min's birthday 2 days ago and today, it's Lee Soon Jae's! Happy Birthday to both of them! Gramps! The Diva has lost it, gramps! Please unleash some Hell on her sparkly ass!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 10th, '11, 18:00

Why should he even bother? He's "simply not into pink, my dear".

Happy birthday to those great REAL actors!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '11, 10:19

Don't know where to put it, but looks like Kim Haneul will star in korean version of Zettai Kareshi. I did a quick check up so I know what's this about. And her counterpart would be TOP. Which I find a perfect choice - robotic alien, well, he won't have to even try.

Issy: 'Heart trouble' Im Joo-hwan stationed at TI&E

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 18th, '11, 11:17

Ethlenn wrote:Don't know where to put it, but looks like Kim Haneul will star in korean version of Zettai Kareshi. I did a quick check up so I know what's this about. And her counterpart would be TOP. Which I find a perfect choice - robotic alien, well, he won't have to even try.

Issy: 'Heart trouble' Im Joo-hwan stationed at TI&E
:salut: Thank You E-chan!
even though I really don't see the point of him staying (for obvious reasons :whistling:). I really hope he is much better now. what is "Celebrity Soldier" btw? and how do you qualify for it? he is a "celebrity" and he is a "soldier" so???
:scratch:

Viande

Post by Viande » Oct 18th, '11, 11:36

Oh, I could totally see TOP in that role... Perfect choice. Well, the blank face Kim Hyun Joong would have fit too. And maybe No Min Woo too because of his looks.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Oct 18th, '11, 21:09

Ahhh....TOP.... How his voice makes my body feel tingly :mrgreen: but as for protraying a robot, I think it could work for him. Seriously how many facial expressions do you need to express when your playing a robot. :blink I'll be checking it out anyways.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 22nd, '11, 12:11

More actors should speak about the issue:
Ji Sung talked about his feeling for drama production proceeded by piece-by-piece scripts.

Recently Han Ye Seul left her drama set without permission and flew to America. Because of the happening, the poor drama production conditions of Korea, reminding of live broadcasting, came up to the surface as an issue, and people once tried to solve the problem.

Especially one of the staffs of SBS TV’s Protect the Boss, recently finished in many people’s favorable reviews and interests, revealed the fact that its last episode was filmed on the day of broadcasting through an online post, and this made many people feel worried and sad. Regarding to this, the main character Ji Sung said at the interview with TV Report, “we can’t even call Protect the Boss as a live broadcasting,”

He continued, “what we call the real live broadcasting happens when we wait for a piece of script on the set. When shooting All In and Swallow the Sun, I just did the shooting without knowing the whole plot. That makes nonsense. Everyone suffers from that. Because two episodes need to be filmed in a week, the actors can’t sleep,” explaining about the poor drama production conditions.

He added, “when shooting New Heart I had to be up all night for 30 days. There were a lot of surgery scenes in the drama, and we had to film for 24 hours for one surgery scene even thought it was aired only for 2 or 3 minutes. Two or three scenes were surgery scenes in two episodes so we spent 3 days for them. And then we had to shoot the rest for the rest of the week. Of course, we couldn’t sleep. How could you sleep when it wasn’t sure whether it could be aired or not? You might not be able to imagine, but it actually happens often.”

Ji Sung called this as “social ills created from too much dependence on ratings and internet development.” He also said it was unfortunate that there couldn’t be pre-shooting of drama. He said, “we don’t do pre-shooting because we can’t edit or re-shoot later once we do that. So we can never make high-quality dramas. It’s sad that we always have to depend on ratings.”

So he is very proud of Protect the Boss which didn’t depend on ratings too much. He said, “if we cared about ratings, we might have added a story that could stimulate the audience even if it wasn’t something nonsensical. However, we didn’t choose to do that and we proceeded the story as we planned at the beginning, and I want to give good grades on this drama for that. I think the director and the writer are great,” (from Korea.com)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Oct 22nd, '11, 20:17

Proud of this guy!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 29th, '11, 20:03

Happy Birthday, ajusshi!! :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 29th, '11, 20:06

Must be a nice present to win Blue Dragon Award this week, ne? :wub: :wub:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 29th, '11, 20:18

ne...

Looking forward to watch The Arrow. Looks like a movie to my taste.
Keke and it seems Ryoo Seung XYZ stands for some movie talent :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 1st, '11, 00:12

I am not sure if there is a page for AHN JAE WOOK so I am posting here for now.

I am so happy that Jae Wook is coming back to the drama screen. He was my very first Korean actor who caught my attention a very long time ago. I even heard and saw him before he made his big break through in 'Star in My Heart'. I have his albums. His singing is lovely.
He had vanished from dramas and concentrated on theatre and owns a theatre in Seoul. Lots of productions there. Before he did dramas he had done Korean version of Broadway musical with great success.

Actually Ahn Jae Wook was the very first Hallyu star to go to China and Japan. He did wonderful concerts in China. Yonsama was long after and not a talent like A.J.

Anyway this week I was thinking about him and wishing that he would get a good drama again. That was yesterday. Today on TV 'Arirang' channel I saw the interview on the set of new drama and he was talking about the new stuff of martial arts fighting etc. He looks just as good as ever. It is really a surprise and truly lovely to have my wishes come true.
Welcome back A.J. Good luck.

I think the drama may be called 'Light and Shadow' but not precisely sure.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 5th, '11, 21:37

Yes, he is, he is^^ Haven't seen that yet, but I remember my first drama with Ahn, Wish Upon A Star, and I was so happy about the ending :mrgreen:

Happy Birthday to this lady!
Kim Young Ok

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 30th, '11, 00:15

Very Happy Birthday to Wang Ji Hye!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jan 2nd, '12, 05:23

And Happy Birthday to Ahn Seong Gi!!! One hell of an actor!

Also, Lee Won Jong! Happy Birthday to this cool ajeossi!

I had to post this picture. It's just so kyaa-inducingly adorable.

airboy

Workload of actors and actresses

Post by airboy » Mar 12th, '12, 22:24

One thing i have been wondering about is the "workload" of some of the actors and actesses. Some of them have a pretty long space between their diffrent projects, at least thats my opinion. For example Yoon Eun Hye did the drama "Take care of the young lady" in 2009, the next drama/movie she did was in 2011 "Lie to me" and a movie. Before that was "The 1st shop of coffee prince" in 2007. That don't sound like such a big workload for the year 2007-2011?

I have seen the same tendency with other korean actors/actresses and also singers. Am i wrong, or do korean entertainers in general do fewer projects compared to, let say, Hollywood actors?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '12, 16:33

You forgot about movie My Black Mini Dress. And she released few singles between 2007-2011 too.
Plus, actors have also commercial deals, photoshoots, other activities. Of course some have more, some have less.

I think Korean actors in general are overworked.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 18th, '12, 21:36

oh dear, Thank god I remembered this thread before the day ends. :P

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVOURITE GUY

LIM JUHWAN

:wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '12, 21:57

Soon he will be among us again, dear Issy^^
Ori managed to wait almost 2 years now, I did the same. You are a patient fan too :mrgreen:

Today is Cha Seungwon's Birthday too, btw.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 9th, '12, 23:40

Recently saw a glimpse of the latest photo of Kim Nam Gil. He looks good. Longer hair and face does not look so thin. Can't wait to see what he will choose to do when he returns to acting again. :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 13th, '12, 07:28

Does anyone know what has happened to Jo Han Sun since he came out of the Army. He was such a sensitive actor and played in several good dramas but hve not seen a sign of him for so long.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 23rd, '12, 22:06

Since this cutie acts and acts better than some them actors, Happy Birthday^^
1987/10/23
Plus, he can sing too^^

*vanishesssss again*

Issy

Post by Issy » Oct 23rd, '12, 22:15

He really has won me over in Reply 1997. This noona will be watching his dramas from now on. :P
Happy Birthday to him
8)

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Oct 24th, '12, 03:26

Count me in! :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 1st, '12, 21:46

Someone mentioned about actors working now and then in dramas and film. They don't get much time doing nothing. First and foremost most of them do not earn great salaries when doing dramas. they are unde rcontract to agencies with a small fixed wage. The real way they make money is by being well known for certain roles (if lucky) and then being picked up for commercials for clothing lines or cosmetics and hope that it carries over from season to season. Plus they have to do charity jobs mostly chosen for them. Only a few big stars choose their own charity work and they usually do that on their own time and it is rarely advertised.