Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Lee junki enlisting in the army next year

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Post Reply
User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Lee junki enlisting in the army next year

Post by 4everU » Aug 12th, '08, 15:35

hey...i just heard that:


"Actor Lee Jun Ki revealed recently that he is enlisting himself for the army next year.

In an interview during the photoshoot of his drama “Iljimae”, he was asked when was he enlisting for the army, he said, “I have many work this year so it’s not possible. The plan now is to enlist next year.” He added, “I don’t have a concrete plan now but I feel that since I have to go eventually and rather than delaying it, I might as well quickly go and then make a return.”

If Lee Jun Ki (born in 1982) enlists himself in the army at the age of 27, it’s kind of late compared to commonfolk. But it’s earlier than most Korean stars who only enlists themselves when they are near 30 years old.

When asked if “Iljimae” would be his last work before enlistment, he said, “I will continue working before my enlistment, thus Iljimae is unlikely to be my last. But I will not delay my enlistment plan just because of work definitely.”


WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?......I don't want him to go, but i guess he has no choice...but since he still has to go no matter what i believe it's better that he goes earlier and gets it over with. Lets say it can be a break for two year...Man i will miss him. :cry: Some people say it might ruin his career and fame and that all teh work he did will go to waste....but i doubt it: junki has proved him self and i don't think his fans will be forgetting him..i actaully believe his career will go even higher, because when he comes back people will be intisipating his new works and everyone will be more excited! POOR JUNKI...AWWW man just realized that they will shave his nice hair.... :x

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Aug 12th, '08, 15:48

actually i have some sad discussions about this in iljimae subtitle thread... i'll post them up here...

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Aug 12th, '08, 15:50

xiah1fan wrote:
crocus wrote:
haha... i wish that also when i watched the last epi. 2 weeks ago... but i doubt it... i really hope for it... but still doubt it... jun ki will start his filming Haeundae and he gonna go for the national service next year... i think he gonna take huge project before 'disappear' for 2 years... may be if they offer him big budget Iljimae movie, then he gonna agree for it... i hope it won't be just my dream... i still can't accept 2 of my boyfriends, jun ki and bi (rain) will leave me for 2 years... :-(
Deeehhhh?:crazy: ...Is he goin 2 go to that darn place , ahhh, Military sevice has taken all my husbands first it took away my BIGGEST love Gong YOO, and then ERU, and now lee junki???...Ahhh That darn pace, Jusst last night i said tha junki wont leave to military if it aint wihitin 2 years, I shouldent have said that!! Bad Girl, Daahh I hate that place, Soon it even will take Minwoo , My Looover...Ahhh. i wanna cry!! :cry:

crocus wrote: don't tell me... i was crying like hell to think my life without jun ki and rain... but i heard there are some big names (important ones) behind them, trying to get exemption, but i really doubt they'll get, only technology researcher or professionally skilled worker with special expertise and work for companies that serve vital national interests, then you are exempted from this rule... most of the guys born in 1982 (including most my friends) already got the reminder and actors/singers tend to go when they reach 27 of age (like jun ki and rain gonna be)... 2009-2010 gonna be my life in the dark... i wish i could give my profession to jun ki for a while so he doesn't need to go through that... :-( :cry:

Christabel wrote: OMFG!! this is so true!! I agree with you i everything sniff! they are also my two platonic love sniff!! and I just can imagine my next two years without them sniffff!! why!! why!!! why all korean guys have to do that!! snifff!! JUNKI BI!! we`ll miss you so much sniff
I`ll have two depressed years without you sniff, this is so sad!!
Im looking forward for JUNKI next movie snifff...his last work before going to military service for two years =(
and Bi upcoming drama sniff...at least we`ll have something as a goodbye sniff..no! not a goodbye!! c ya soon is better!
damn it....im gonna cry...!!!!

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Post by crocus » Aug 12th, '08, 15:55

Christabel wrote: if there is one thing that i hate from Korea is that they force my loves to get away from my life!! my life will turn into darkness too =(
well...that`s the only thing I dont like from there lol
snifff....Girls! we will have to be strong!! lets support each other! sniff
I hope, those big name behind them could make the miracle!! ooh my GACKT!! I`ll pray to you 100 times a day if you spare them from that national obligation! sniff...How egoist I am T__T maybe they are very proud to do that. if that`s the case...go and make your duty! but...please! as soon as you are done...come back to us!!
we ...need you to live!!

crocus wrote: yup, we gotta be strong for them... we gotta support their decision, they said they are very proud to serve the country (even i prefer them to serve me 1st.. :wub: )...

this translated lyric from Jumong OST (ha neul ee yuh je bal) is the symbol of my love towards them...


"Are you leaving or are you returning? I am afraid.
You turned your back and I feared it would be the end.
I wished it was a dream. The endless wait might tear me apart.
How will I ever survive alone?
Oh love, leave me. Go, send him my love. Bring him with you when you return.
Dear heaven, please don't abandon me. I am nothing when I am alone.
All our precious memories, have turned into tears since you left me.
Oh love, take me to my love. My love will be waiting for me too.
Dear heaven, please look over us.
Keep us together the next time we meet..."


:cry: :cry: :cry:

but we still have time to enjoy their works and support them before we send them to fulfill their duty... let us keep supporting them!

sorry, for being off-topic... but it's about jun ki right? and jun ki is our iljimae... :wub:

Christabel wrote:
omg! the song! i cried like hell sniff! yeah...we still have one more JunKi project =) which makes me very very happy!
lest support teem sniff
sniffff

"God please dont take him far away fom me, I Love you Forever"
Anna tsuchiya-Forever.

xiah1fan wrote: True, They like my drug , I think i'm addicted , But...Does Jap also go to military??
Yeep We need 2 be strong! AJA Fightin, But i heard Lee ki chan is also goin??, isint this too much, this is the worst year, they takin away OUR love , to a hell!, that i hate!!, But 2010 Is goin to be a big hit!!, Coz thats when all hot hunks will be back, yEEPP and my LOVEE gong yoo Will Come back :cheers: :w00t:

Christabel wrote: yes...JunKi and BI are going to accomplish their national duty snif!! it will be the darkest years of my life =(
Japan does has an army but not really XD ahaha, after world war 2 they said...we will never have a war again, so men in japan are not forced to go to military service ^^
there's a big military *american base* in Okinawa. But Japan does not really an army ( according to what my japanese friend told me =)

User avatar
sungie
Posts: 418
Joined: Nov 26th, '06, 13:00
Contact:

Post by sungie » Aug 12th, '08, 16:20

I think it's kinda ok that he goes earlier than celebs usually. I'm sure we all find something else to watch and drool during those two years. Besides if everyone has to do the military service celebs shouldn't be an exception.

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Aug 12th, '08, 18:27

oh..everyone know there should be no exceptions...were are just saying it will be sad for junki to leave..because two years is a long time to not see him.... :cry:

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Aug 12th, '08, 19:38

he'll survive since he's into martial arts.
Maybe he'll be more butch when he comes out :O

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Aug 13th, '08, 13:18

lol...i was thinking the same thing :D ...I hope they don't ruin his pretty face! :O
Attachments
smile.jpg
smile.jpg (26.3 KiB) Viewed 796 times

User avatar
Rori
Posts: 831
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 03:43

Post by Rori » Aug 16th, '08, 09:57

I only found out recently that it's mandatory for Korean males to enter the army so I was pretty worried about when Lee Jun Ki would disappear from us. It'll be sad to see him go but I'm glad he's said that Ilijame won't be his last work because then we've got something else to look forward, too. Well, either way, the sooner he goes, the sooner he comes back. I'll miss him (like a ton of others) but I'll deal with it.

Oh, and I agree. Don't ruin his pretty face!

User avatar
woochan11
Posts: 24
Joined: Aug 17th, '08, 06:21
Location: Philippines. Can be Singapore.

Post by woochan11 » Aug 17th, '08, 14:00

DAMN! He can't go! I suddenly remembered Gong Yoo :(

@Rori - Yeah, they should never ruin his face, or else, there will be a war! lol :twisted:

Basuha
Posts: 77
Joined: Jan 18th, '08, 13:10

Fighting Jun Ki "Saranghae"

Post by Basuha » Aug 17th, '08, 14:25

It a requirement in that country and it to be respected. I think it great that he going and I hope that all actor will decided to go sooner then later. I have the up most respect for any one training to protect they country! I don't see this as a bad thing, after Lee Jun Ki two year services he be a better person and if GOD is listen to my prayer he come out with a better body hehe.

I follow a person by they acting skill and by the story line of the drama. When he come back an if he pick the right drama he be on top of his game again. Many great actor have done this so there is really nothing to worry about as far as he career goes. "Yoon Kye Sang" formerly of G.O.D recently return and he doing great "Who are you" and Movies "Moonlight in Seoul" . Good luck Lee Jun Ki fighting "Saranghae"

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Re: Fighting Jun Ki "Saranghae"

Post by 4everU » Aug 17th, '08, 17:52

Basuha wrote:It a requirement in that country and it to be respected. I think it great that he going and I hope that all actor will decided to go sooner then later. I have the up most respect for any one training to protect they country! I don't see this as a bad thing, after Lee Jun Ki two year services he be a better person and if GOD is listen to my prayer he come out with a better body hehe.

I follow a person by they acting skill and by the story line of the drama. When he come back an if he pick the right drama he be on top of his game again. Many great actor have done this so there is really nothing to worry about as far as he career goes. "Yoon Kye Sang" formerly of G.O.D recently return and he doing great "Who are you" and Movies "Moonlight in Seoul" . Good luck Lee Jun Ki fighting "Saranghae"
I totally agree with you...it's a really good thing to do for ur country..it's just that two yers is kinda long to not see your favorite stars, and i respect junki fo rhis disicion..it's bttter that he goes now..oh and i was never worried about his career...he can do an awsome job anytime...i too hope he can tone up a little..but he won't look good with too uch muscle. But i hope his face stays the same...( he looks great teh way he is) :O

User avatar
crocus
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 17th, '08, 05:41
Location: Europe

Re: Fighting Jun Ki "Saranghae"

Post by crocus » Aug 17th, '08, 18:07

4everU wrote:
Basuha wrote:It a requirement in that country and it to be respected. I think it great that he going and I hope that all actor will decided to go sooner then later. I have the up most respect for any one training to protect they country! I don't see this as a bad thing, after Lee Jun Ki two year services he be a better person and if GOD is listen to my prayer he come out with a better body hehe.

I follow a person by they acting skill and by the story line of the drama. When he come back an if he pick the right drama he be on top of his game again. Many great actor have done this so there is really nothing to worry about as far as he career goes. "Yoon Kye Sang" formerly of G.O.D recently return and he doing great "Who are you" and Movies "Moonlight in Seoul" . Good luck Lee Jun Ki fighting "Saranghae"
I totally agree with you...it's a really good thing to do for ur country..it's just that two yers is kinda long to not see your favorite stars, and i respect junki fo rhis disicion..it's bttter that he goes now..oh and i was never worried about his career...he can do an awsome job anytime...i too hope he can tone up a little..but he won't look good with too uch muscle. But i hope his face stays the same...( he looks great teh way he is) :O
yup... i also hope he won't put too much muscle... i love him the way he is... :wub: :wub: :wub:

a bit tougher is ok but not the bulky muscle... my jun ki is just the normal, cute, sweet guy... i don't want him to turn into a hulk... :P

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Re: Fighting Jun Ki "Saranghae"

Post by 4everU » Aug 17th, '08, 19:54

crocus wrote:
4everU wrote:
Basuha wrote:It a requirement in that country and it to be respected. I think it great that he going and I hope that all actor will decided to go sooner then later. I have the up most respect for any one training to protect they country! I don't see this as a bad thing, after Lee Jun Ki two year services he be a better person and if GOD is listen to my prayer he come out with a better body hehe.

I follow a person by they acting skill and by the story line of the drama. When he come back an if he pick the right drama he be on top of his game again. Many great actor have done this so there is really nothing to worry about as far as he career goes. "Yoon Kye Sang" formerly of G.O.D recently return and he doing great "Who are you" and Movies "Moonlight in Seoul" . Good luck Lee Jun Ki fighting "Saranghae"
I totally agree with you...it's a really good thing to do for ur country..it's just that two yers is kinda long to not see your favorite stars, and i respect junki fo rhis disicion..it's bttter that he goes now..oh and i was never worried about his career...he can do an awsome job anytime...i too hope he can tone up a little..but he won't look good with too uch muscle. But i hope his face stays the same...( he looks great teh way he is) :O
yup... i also hope he won't put too much muscle... i love him the way he is... :wub: :wub: :wub:

a bit tougher is ok but not the bulky muscle... my jun ki is just the normal, cute, sweet guy... i don't want him to turn into a hulk... :P
Exactly.....but i think he is quite tough already...but yes tougher is better...be healthy Junki and come back the same just more energetic! :cheers:

User avatar
temariatra
Posts: 121
Joined: Sep 12th, '06, 19:41
Location: Algeria

Post by temariatra » Aug 18th, '08, 15:34

it's good to go early so he could make a comeback soon ! wish safety and no guys will fall for him hahahah XD he can use his King and Clown Character to let others do the dirty job haha

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Aug 18th, '08, 16:02

hehe... i think it'll be cooler if he comes out very muscular and manlier... he seems to be going to the more manlier roles (Time of dog and wolf and Iljimae) to stay way from the "pretty boy" image. If he's more manlier.... he may have a chance doing even more masculine roles :)

chanchayne
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 14th, '08, 23:54

Post by chanchayne » Aug 18th, '08, 22:45

asdfgfl
Last edited by chanchayne on Jun 10th, '15, 01:11, edited 3 times in total.

Silentwolfdog
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 21st, '07, 05:40

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 18th, '08, 23:16

I just hope he will join a good section where none of those military abuse occurs after hearing a story from one of my Korean professor of what he had to go through. Although, I am sure it doesn't happen nowaday since it happened to him more than a decade ago.

Well, that goes for any one. Everyone who serve their country should be treated with respect. ^^

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Aug 19th, '08, 03:56

temariatra wrote:it's good to go early so he could make a comeback soon ! wish safety and no guys will fall for him hahahah XD he can use his King and Clown Character to let others do the dirty job haha
OMG.. :lol I was thinking the same thing...however he will have to shave his hari, there fore he won't look very very pretty (feminine) But yea they better not!

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Aug 19th, '08, 03:58

chanchayne wrote:thinking of it.. man, it will make me cry!!! :cry:
not being OA.
but its sad.
i love the actor that he is.
all his works are superb.
really really great actor.
plus talented with great looks.

SO IMA MISS HIM, SUPER.

but i think his idea to go is good.
rather if he delay it, chances are..
he'd be old when he resume his career after military service.

but like he said that he'd go next year.
he's still young after 2years..
smart idea...

no one will forget him anyway!
especially me!
IM FOREVER HIS FAN!
hahaha.. i forever love him!

i hope he'd do well.. and stay healthy.
dont dare those army people make it hard for junki!
gosh.. im so worried for him..
hay hay hay... it makes me sad...

ill miss him totally! :) :pale:


SALUTE TO JUNKI! :salut:
i wish him all the best!

AWWWWWWw...so true...I will never forget him as well..just wish him luck and safe return! But i like his pretty boy image..he can be manly when he wants to be...

White Flower
Posts: 6
Joined: Sep 13th, '07, 10:02

Post by White Flower » Aug 19th, '08, 10:09

I will miss him a lot but I wish him good luck for this two years of army. He will learn a lot of things who will serve him for others movies for exemple ^^

We will wait his come back.

.Silent.
Posts: 145
Joined: Nov 2nd, '07, 08:01
Location: Poland

Post by .Silent. » Aug 20th, '08, 20:59

I just watched a movie called Rainbow Eyes...
And now I'm REALLY worried what will happen to Junki in the army.... :cry:

Silentwolfdog
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 21st, '07, 05:40

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 20th, '08, 23:21

^ Why? What's that movie about?

If something happened to him, those fans live in Korea need to beat them up, lol.

.Silent.
Posts: 145
Joined: Nov 2nd, '07, 08:01
Location: Poland

Post by .Silent. » Aug 21st, '08, 07:14

It's a crime movie, but particularly it's about a pretty boy who was sexually abused in the army.
I've became quite anxious...

Ciaromi
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 1st, '06, 23:13

Post by Ciaromi » Sep 22nd, '08, 23:45

i think im going to cry.. :-(
i just finished Iljimae and started to look Junki up...
and BAM! right in the face...the army enlistment came up... -_-"
and then, RAIN! in the enlistment?!
a mans gotta do wat a mans gotta do... :salut:
i will truly miss him :( Ima be rewatching My Girl & Iljimae & start watching his other works during these two years.. Keep the Lee Jun Ki love goin!
Hope he still keep his pretty face :) n can take care of himself!

:cry: he's a great actor, gonna miss him!

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Sep 23rd, '08, 04:26

Ciaromi wrote:i think im going to cry.. :-(
i just finished Iljimae and started to look Junki up...
and BAM! right in the face...the army enlistment came up... -_-"
and then, RAIN! in the enlistment?!
a mans gotta do wat a mans gotta do... :salut:
i will truly miss him :( Ima be rewatching My Girl & Iljimae & start watching his other works during these two years.. Keep the Lee Jun Ki love goin!
Hope he still keep his pretty face :) n can take care of himself!

:cry: he's a great actor, gonna miss him!
totaly agree with you...hope he comes back with his pretty face...me gonna rewatch his dramas too...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest