Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 09:46

Jana, love
Be calm, baby, be calm.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 31st, '10, 12:58

i think his name is jung yonwha? or something like that :lol Should be interesting to see him on Gumiho because for me he was the "wooden table" of YB at the beginning. i grew to like him though :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 14:50

Yeah, he was, he stayed like this, cause he's no actor. But his off-drama cuteness is just overwhelming^^

Keunsuk The Bling is:

1.東方神起 (DBSK)
2.SUPER JUNIOR
3.Bigbang
4. ss501 (our Woody band^^)
5.予約
6.チャン・グンソク
7.sendmall
8.(sale-
9.スーパージュニア(SuJu)
10.大特価

Popularity on Innolife. See the taste of Japanese girls.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 15:15

I don't think Yong Hwa was nearly as bad at the Plank. He might not have been good, but he could show the right emotions.
Like when Shin Woo tried to pretend being angry with Mi Nyu for lying and he was trying not to smile and show he's happy.
That was a very subtle thing to do and he did it well. He might not be very expressive, but he's not a wooden table either.

You get nothing from Kim Hyun Joong. You can't feel anything for him or from him. Nothing.
Even with his character in BOF who was THE kindest good guy, you still didn't feel sorry for him.

Although they are both singers and both not good with acting, I wouldn't go as far as comparing these two.
Yong Hwa, as bad as he is, is waaay better than this soulless piece of furniture who looks like he's on opium on screen.

As for our Gaysha, I didn't expect anything less (or rather anything more) from japanese girls. They're probably the world's No.1 bimbos. The fangirls, that is.

P.S: Ethlenn, please stop saying "woody". XD It might be spelled differently, but my mind wanders towards the gutter with such a word...

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 31st, '10, 15:27

haha! Wow, this guy must be actually emotionless... this is compelling me to actually watch a few episodes of BOF just so i can see this wooden wonder for myself :lol

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 31st, '10, 16:11

Personally, I'm liking Gumiho Girlfriend. Like someone else said, it's mindless fluff - and that's exactly what I like :) I've got enough tragedy and heartache and seriousness in my real life - I don't want it in my dramas too (at least where the ending is concerned). My Jdramas and Kdramas are my "crack" - my escape from the reality of my mom having breast cancer, losing my job and going back to school, sending my only child off to college, etc.

I for one am looking forward to seeing JGS (and the others from YAB) in Gumiho. I find it great that the Hong sisters reuse actors and actresses from other shows in cameos like this - it's like an inside joke - but maybe that's just my own warped sense of humor showing. I tend to like corny stuff - my personal DVD stash is full of movies like Robin Hood: Men in Tights and stuff like that :P

On another note - an older couple that attends my church is hosting a Korean exchange student! I was able to talk to her briefly this past Sunday and she seemed quite surprised (and excited) when I told her I liked to watch Kdramas :) (Okay, so the only 2 Kdramas I've watched are YAB and Coffee Prince - but that's only because my download speed is so freakin' slow.) You have to realize the odds...I live in a small town in southern Alabama. I can probably count on one hand the number of people here that even know about J & Kdramas - including myself and my daughter - and all the others are people I've introduced to the genre. I think it's really neat that there's someone here that I can talk to about Kdramas now, especially with my daughter gone to college. Also consider the fact that I'm probably the oldest in this discussion (I'm 41) and relatively new to the J-Kdrama world (less that a year).

::sigh:: Now if I could only get my torrents to download faster, I would have more excuses to procrastinate the essay I have to write...

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 31st, '10, 16:21

That's the smartest thing to do! I'm just going to wait for the episode to come out and then watch for the subtitled cuts on youtube. Youtube rocks! haha!

To tell you guys the truth, I'm really curious as to how he would look now, especially playing Tae Kyung. I mean HTK was lean but not reed thin! He looks like a strong wind may make him fly around. Hahaha! And when this happens, we got a beautiful superhero who can fly and make fangirls swoon--and do nothing else! Hahaha!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 16:53

Orion, mianhae, mianhae!!! I shall never use this word agai, I know what you're thinking, you bag girl, you!!
Yes, there is no comparing those two, it would be an insult for Yonghwa.

And I write/say/Morse alphabet/whatever one more time: Wooden Table has 0 emotions. Or even less. I watched Section TV with his interview and I stayed put around 15 seconds until he said jinjja? (really in Korean) without any emotions whatsoever. If he plays on my imagination - to let me imagine what kind of emotions he delivers in this moment, I say - go for it, boy! Play with my imagination on 100% and disappear, I can imagine you as well! He and Seungki are the same class, with one exception - Seungki has not dead-fish eyes, but dead-fish mouth, he never closes it.

never2muchcoffee: I explained on military some posts before.
I'm sorry to hear what's hapening with you, I guess everyone here in this thread has one's own share of tragedy.
My life is not champagne and rose petals as well, but I can't enjoy mediocre dramas. I drop. I have low tolerance for fluff - I mean I tolerate it, but with small doses and neatly done. Gumiho Girlfriend is none.
But be sure, we are always here for you, we've been talking in this thread about so many different things, about our... umm... you know, painful periods even. So feel free if you want to lose your emotions or just rant/rave.

I guess Keunsuk will play Miho's younger sister. I really see no other role for him to fit now.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Aug 31st, '10, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 17:11

It's funny how my life has been all roses and honey (well, almost) and I'm one of the biggest b*tches in here. XD Spoiled brat. Hey, we do have something in common with Keun Suk! :rofl:
I myself, have no problem with lots of fluff. Depending on my mood though. I'm ok with it as long as I leave my brain behind for a while. I guess I can try and watch the series and find out.

Ethlenn, yesh, that's what I was thinking. You know me oh so well, luv. :roll Every time I read it I go into "yadaaaa :wub: " mode.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 17:16

If there is really nothing to watch. I would rather eat a raw chicken than force myself to watch some more of Dead Fish Mouth. Bleh. No, thank you.

The drama starts tomorrow ladies, let's gather the same time the same place (that is here) and praise our Table! If I put a coffee on it, I'm sure he wouldn't let a drop fall down. He's (e)motionless.

Yes, Orion, I know you well enough to know your share of rose petals, hehe. And leash. And honey again, you naughty girl!! :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 17:19

We should make him drink the coffee. Maybe it will jump start his emotions, if he has any.

Although, to get any response out of him, he'd need to pull that 100-cups-of-coffee-in-one-day stunt that Fry pulled in Futurama. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 17:38

Or we can plug him to any electrical socket and try. Maybe it will ignite some spark?

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 31st, '10, 17:47

Hahaha! Keun Suk, a younger sister! Yup that would be fun to watch! I can just imagine him saying Oppa and it'll be so hilarious! Hahaha!

But still, he has such a manly voice. I love hearing his voice...

@never2muchcofeee: I'm sorry about what you're going through also. Like you, I also love mindless fun. Romantic comedy is my favorite genre! I love Men in Tights! Hahaha! But since I'm in the entertainment biz, I'm also kind of critical on the acting and stuff. There are also times when I love to watch dramas that make me cry, they sort of have a cathartic effect on me. And then I feel good after. I'd invite you to try it, but then again I don't want to be responsible if you get depressed after. Hehe :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 17:53

Krynn, are you a critic maybe?

Men In Tights is my own fountain of handy comments as well, hehe^^

keunsuk's voice is his undoing. He could transform into such graceful lady, and then again - this voice... Looks like a barmaid in Shrek, remember? Ahahahaaa.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 18:00

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why did you say that? Now I'll see "her" every time I see Keun Suk! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 18:05

I saw Keunsuk last time when I watched it.
Muahahahahahaaa!!!

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 31st, '10, 18:27

I appreciate the sentiments. But just to clarify, I wasn't trying to be "woe is me" or anything :) I just wanted to explain why I prefer brainless fluff. I've been blasted before (a few years ago in a different discussion group) because I only read/watch certain types/genres/pairings/etc. I was rudely informed that I should read stuff because it's well written, not because it has a happy ending. Unfortunately, I'm the type to dig in my heels and balk like a mule when told stuff like that ;)

I do, on rare occasions, watch stuff that makes me cry - but it's still stuff that has a happy ending, or least an upbeat one - Zettai Kareshi for example. I squalled all the way through the last 2 eps and the special. But no, I don't want to watch anything that will leave me feeling depressed :)

I'm fortunate that my daughter grew up with the same wacky, warped sense of humor that I have. She wasn't interested in watching any Kdramas until I finally made her sit down and watch one ep of YAB :D We ended up watching 5 eps in a row. Her nickname for HTK is "neat freak" at the moment, and I think she's currently rooting for Shin Woo to win the girl. That's probably the main differing point between us - I tend to pull for the main guy that the girl usually ends up with, while she's a sucker for the secondary guy that always seems to lose out. I think the only time I've ever really rooted for the secondary guy was when watching Hana Yori Dango - and that was cause I absolutely adore Oguri Shun ::sigh::

Okay, I've rambled enough. ::points finger at self:: Back to work! That essay is not going to write itself!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 18:36

There is nothing like rambling enough, dear. This thread is made for it, hehe.
Fluff is good, I'm not in the position to say otherwise, but a good fluff, funny fluff. Not forced fluff. Cause forced fluff is just a stuffed animal. Dead, and looks like alive. Hmmm, I think I came up with a new nickname for our sweet Table^^ muahahahaaa!!

We can help you write that essay, so just stay with us!

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 31st, '10, 19:25

OMG! Ethlenn you're so funny! The barmaid in Shrek! The three Shrek films (the 4th one hasn't taken hold yet) are my daughter's favorite! At 2 she has memorized some of the lines! Hahahaha I love that barmaid, the ugly stepsister! Except for Keun Suk, he's the pretty one with that voice! Haha so hilarious!

Oh and I'm not a critic, at least a professional one. I majored in media theory and film so I know a lot about how the image is created and stuff and acting and technical stuff like lighting, etc. My family is also in the biz, we have a director, line producer and actors and actresses in our family. I'm writing a script for a film now. Hopefully, I finish it within the deadline and have it made. Keeping my fingers crossed.

And I'm also fortunate to have a smart 2 year-old. She's 28 mos now and her mind is so sharp! A couple of months ago, she told me "Mommy, I know that, I know that!" And when I asked her what she knew, she said "everything Mommy, everything!" Hahaha! I trained her so that her 1st language is English and she can speak a bit of Spanish, Chinese, Filipino and of course, Korean. Hahaha!

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 31st, '10, 19:27

Oh and never2muchcofee, if you're having some problems with your essay, maybe I can help, too. Although, I'll be sleeping in a while. But the offer still stands for other assignments. That is, if it's not too technical like medical and mathematical stuff :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 19:37

Yaaa, krynn, that's good^^ That's very, very good^^ I'm impressed!
I was just attending a one year course on that, but it's good to see someone like you here!

never2muchcofee: in case you need help with Korean/Japanese stuff, let me know^^

Yeah, I'm funny, some one-posters here called that "hating", "b*tching", and they would probably called it few other names if their vocabulary wasn't so poor. Hehe.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 19:50

never2muchcoffee you can count me in, too. In what field are you working? Oh and never feel bad about what you like or how you distract yourself from the things that need to be held at a distance ;) I watched whole tokusatsu series at times just to mute my brain :lol

krynn, I'm impressed too. Nice to see how different the people in this thread are when it comes to their fields of work and interests in real life ;) good luck with your script. Let us know once it's accepted and once the movie is done =)

And Ethlenn, thanks for the wonderful new impressions. Now I hot a stuffed animal and an animated keunsuk barmaid in my head :mrgreen:

Edit: How the hell did 'hot' slip into this sentence?!?? I'm ashamed of myself I used it in a sentence with both the princess and mr. table :blink

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 19:52

Never2muchcoffee, it's funny how you're the mom introducing the daughter in kdrama and I'm a daughter who introduced my mom to it. Ahahaha.
Also, I go for the main guy and my mom goes for the "good guy that doesn't get the girl". XD If she feels sorry for a man, that's it. Ahaha. She's "fallen" for him.

We're watching Fantasy Couple again right now. We can no longer live without watching at least one episode of kdrama every day. XD

And I also generally agree with you. I do want to watch happy stuff, but I will watch a drama if it has a purpose and isn't just sad for the sake of being a "tear-jerker".
If it's good, I'll watch it and if my mood is good enough for me to be able to handle it as well. But I do love my romance and fluff and all that. It's, like you said, a healthy escape.

I also think it's really nice how we're all of different nationalities, ages and social status as well. Goes to show how these things can be meaningless if the mindsets are alike. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:15

Ara, you just killed it. "Hot" in a Table sentence?? "Hot" in a Keunsuk sentence? The only think that IS hot in connection with them is the air from their hair-dryers!

Never2muchcoffee, we can help you with the essay, really.

And as Orion said, we are here not because we are similar, but because we are different, but wise enough not to stress it out but use it for the good of all of us. This way, you can eat sushi and kimchi as an entree, then some lentils soup and tzatziki with salmon from Norway with a glass of vodka and beer. As a dessert - some tropical fruits from SE Asia soaked in chinese liquor, or English tea.
This is how we create a supper.
OK, maybe do not redistribute this recipe.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 31st, '10, 20:20

Uahh Ethlenn, what's that´?? Guess that recipe is my punishment for the grave mistake in my previous post?!?

Hehe but it's true, the variety of the people definitely is the not-so-secret charm of this thread =)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 31st, '10, 20:26

The good thing about kdrama is that it fits into so many styles. I think it's fine to enjoy any type of drama as long as it has some wit or sense to it. I have enjoyed deep dark stories but mostly because there is at least one actor who takes my heart. Those are the ones that I can bring back to mind at any time and watch scenes play over again with my eyes closed.
Then there are the silly ones that have nothing but stupid people... but as long as there is some semblance of wit then I can endure the silliness for awhile.

Just now i am doing a re-watch of a family drama that went on for several episodes. It's called 'The Jewel Family.' From two battling Grandmas to the littlest two year old, it has held my interest again. These families entwined are so real and there are laughs and moments when you want to say 'Oh don't do that! !' every now and then. I loved the two Grandmas who fight at the drop of a noodle and then close ranks if someone is any threat. Oldfashioned one.. and her friend who imagines she is still in the dating position.

There is a hunk in there and he is well over thirty and he is a real man. The rest of the cast is good. Well known and you can believe them.

Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 20:26

Hmm, that's we, seen as a food. No? We can make another recipe then. But I guess I will remain the alcohol. You and Aility too, hehehe...

Peggy, that is why I decided to upload here Life Is Beautiful, currently airing. My first family drama ever. It has everything, medical warnings about menopause, gay romance, even fame-greed, so how could I miss it? Plus it is set on Jeju, so no snow anywhere... mmm...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 31st, '10, 20:58

I'll be the sushi and the lentil soup and the tea. English breakfast and any green tea.
Esp inari shushi or anything with salmon.
I won't be greedy and ask for the salmon. Maybe I''ll sneak in some Japanese smoked salmon I love that. I'll share..

I have yet to see Life is beautiful

Now I really am going back to the search for that file. I have to find it. Where is St. Anthony.

Peg

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 31st, '10, 21:23

Hehe, if I was food....

I'd be haggis and coffee with a shot of Bailey's, with a little lox and bagels on the side :D And I think I've found my ideal man:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 21:34

If I was food, I'd probably be a souvlaki. Fast, easy, not very healthy or refined, but tastes daaaaaamn good. Ahahahaha. Nah. Not true. I don't taste good. :P
If I were a drink, I'd be coke. Sweet, can give you some relief (works wonders for stomach trouble :P), but you better not shake it too much or it'll blow up in your face. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 21:44

I wouldn't bite you.
Unless you wanted me to.
Do you want me to bite you?
Is that what you're trying to tell me?

(ahahaha, I stated, I'm Craig Ferguson's Shark^^)

If I were a food, I would be... cayenne pepper - you can live without it perfectly fine, but when you once taste it... (you will start to cough your lungs off).

No, seriously, I would be... dammit, I have to sleep with that thought to come up with something.
Drink? No problem, boring gin with tonic. 3 parts of gin 1 of tonic.

But Orion, do you know that coke (actually H3PO4 in it) cleans the nails from the rust? So it's not that innocent as it looks like^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 21:46

It's not? I wouldn't know... :whistling:

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 31st, '10, 21:47

@never2muchcoffee; meh, we're the same i guess when it comes to our choices to escape into mindless fluff. I've always been a fan of romantic comedies which doesn't delve too deep. When it becomes too much of a tear-jerker, I usually stop because I don't like to cry. Even though I'm a colossal cry-baby. Hahahaha

@krynn; wow showbiz in the family? The only thing I can boast that we do great together as a family is we can both sleep until 1 in the afternoon if we want to. Hahahahaha

Me as food... hmmm, I don't know, I'd like to think I'm my Mom's spaghetti. Filipino style, which is sweet and spicy, with a lot of melted cheese on top.Yum.
EXAMS in 3 hours!!!!!!!!

I feel tired beyond comprehension.... just woke up and I want to sleep some more... but i can't... huhuhuhu
What's starting tomorrow? The Playful Kiss with Wooden Table??? Awww, I wish I could watch it the moment it's up. Hahahahaha

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 21:49

Good luck, love!! Crush'em!! Kick'em!!

Drama with our Wooden table Stuffed Fish is on MBC, so:
http://www.ysmbc.co.kr/media/onair01.ht ... .kr/YSTV70
this works only on IE (yes, sometimes on Firefox, but it's better to start IE), you just have to know the time difference and can watch everything streaming^^
Last edited by Ethlenn on Aug 31st, '10, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 21:51

Hwaiting, Jana! Kiiick sooomeee aaaaaaaasss! :cheers:

Yep, Mr. Wooden Table starts tomorrow. We'll have to wait for subs to fully appreciate his soon to be award winning performance. XD

Ethlenn, so I'm good with nails huh? Damn you woman, stop pulling me towards the gutter! XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 21:54

I'm writing a petition to MBC, KBS, SBS for creating a new award for actors. A Pinocchio Award.

Orion, I'm innocent!! I swear, it's not my fault you connect a nail with hitting, a stiff nail with hitting! My mind is... ok, it's in the gutter now too...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 21:56

Pinocchio?... Big noses?.... I think I need to go to bed now. Quickly, before you corrupt me more...
And no. I didn't think about the hitting part. Just about how coke can.. work wonders by... yada... I'll just leave it at that.... :sweat:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Aug 31st, '10, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 21:58

I'm aroused for some reason. And I'm sober, for another mysterious reason.
Something's wrong with the world today. I don't know what it is, shalalala... i forgot the rest of the lyrics...

Nose made of wood, that is hard as we know. Wood, not nose, or... damn, I have to go to bed too.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 31st, '10, 22:00

It's ok. We all have our moments. Don't be too hard on..... Hard on..... Ok, goodnight... :|

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 31st, '10, 22:04

In the moments like those I had always a bottle on my side to suck...

Jana, don't read it, pweeze... :whistling:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 1st, '10, 00:01

Everybody into the shower. A cold one I think.

Peg

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 04:00

Morning, ladies. Was watching the trailer for Midnight FM. I can't wait... I really really can't wait. I waaaant iiit! Yoo Ji Tae as a psycho? Sign me up!

See, I don't know if this will be as good as it looks, but this is the kind of psycho role I wish Keun Suk would get in the future.
Seriously disturbed, makes-you-crap-your-pants, knees shaking evil! Which he can't do yet cause he just isn't there still.

I mean, Pearson was nice, but he was very cliche bad. The look-at-me-don't-I-look-badass bad. He looked mean, not crazy or evil.
The scariest killers are the ones without much emotional response. The more "distant" they are from their actions, the scarier.
Look at the guy from The Chaser. Downright creepy. With so many psychos in movies nowadays, it takes a unique style to make one original.
I would love to see what Keun Suk would do with such a role in the future and if he did reach that level he has the potential to.

As for Gumiho, so many people are wishing the guys will cameo as A.N.Jell... Do they even realize what they ask for?
If it was in the same universe even, or of the same theme ok, but what do Gumiho stories and YAB have in common, damn it?
Think a bit before you make wishes. A.N.Jell in Gumiho makes about as much sense as a kamikaze pilot wearing a helmet!
Ruins the "realism" of it when old characters appear. Old actors, ok. Not characters. Stop being greedy and move the hell on from YAB...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 1st, '10, 04:13

Keun Seuk will never be an actor like Ha Jung Woo. In the first place he has not paid his dues as an actor. He does not have the depth in his persona. Ha Jung Woo is on the level of top actors.
If you can get the film 'Never Forever' I think you will see just how wonderful he can be., Never a step or action out of place and yet he carries that story to the end. A most unusual film.
And then he did 'The Chaser' Beyond Keun Seuk's wildest dreams.

Peg.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 04:38

That's what I mean about potential. He does have the potential to be that good. But it would take a major change in character (growing up finally?) and how he treats his work for it to be possible in the future.

The natural talent is there. If he'll take it to the level of Ha Jung Woo (I also think it's unlikely), it will depend on what kind of person he becomes in the future and how passionate he'll be about his own work.

But if he did mature, did get serious and if he did work hard enough, he really could do it, I think. Like I said, the Shining is there, it's just ignored and covered by too much bright bling to be seen. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 1st, '10, 06:07

.... You guysssss! (referring to the exchange between Ate Ethlenn and Ate Orion) yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Ahem, ahem, ahem

As for Wooden Table's drama, I hope they upload and sub it here, just so I know where I can find it. Hahaha, yay :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 1st, '10, 07:02

Ha Jung Woo?!? I think saying JGS could become as great an actor as him is like saying I can become the next German chancellor ;) :lol Theoretically it's not impossible but the chances are... Like really, JGS has better chances to become the next Michael Jackson ;)

Jana, hope your exams went well?! Also if you want to see Mr table's drama with subs soon and don't need HQ, go to viikii.net. I'm sure they'll sub it within a day.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '10, 08:32

Ladies, mentioning Ha Jung Woo here is an offence to him.
He's stunning and brilliant in every role, he comes from the actors clan, his father is an actor (they met for the first time on plan in Take Off, btw. His father played that gangster cameo^^). Keunsuk has potential but in different sphere. He will stay on the lower ground, because he tries to please everyone. And this won't pay off in actors profession. As I wrote long time ago, and everyone agreed, his Pearson (the only "serious" role he had) was a cool bad, not actual bad. He acted, I saw still Keunsuk there. He copied, (nothing's wrong with that within limits), but he didn't give anything from himself. He didn't build this character out of himself, he just made puzzles.

That is why I adore, admire, worship Ha Jung Woo, cause he can play anything, he could play a street lamp if he wanted, and this would be a damn fine lamp!

Keunsuk will be an entertainer and lighter material. He can be great in it, not everyone has to play on stage to Shakespear plays (ahahaha, who I'm referring to, good kids??), that's true, but at least be good in what you re doing. Keunsuk is mediocre now and it seems like he doesn't care. Hope he will wake up.

taylor

Post by taylor » Sep 1st, '10, 08:43

Jang Geun Suk always!

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Sep 1st, '10, 08:44

Think i read on allkpop that the three guys will cameo as A.N.JELL members on Gumiho. which should be interesting, cos where the heck are they gonna fit that into the story? :blink

Haha i was originally excited for Playful Kiss until i discovered Wooden Table was the lead. Now i have a feeling i wont be following the drama after the 1st episode.. :lol I'll give it a shot! I'll have to wait for subs though - damn my limited language skills :-(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '10, 09:04

ParisianSkies, I don't think the screenplay will be that heavy and meaningful that you need any particular Korean language skills to understand it. I bet all of us here will understand it without much problems. I'm gonna watch it. And I try to as objective as I can (within my subjectivity).

I picture this: Miho is hungry, and the guy (whatever his name is) run from her, again. So she's wandering the streets of Seoul to find something to eat. She knows she can't eat humans, but she doesn't know she can't eat angels, I mean ANJells. So she sneaks out into the aena, then backstage and wrecks a total havoc and annihilates all members of the band, xcept for one, cause no matter how hungry a gumiho is, gumiho never eats bones.
The end.

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 1st, '10, 10:00

When it's uploaded I'll probably watch it without the subs yet because I've watched the storyline for so many times in a row that I'd probably understand what's going on without it. I'm a little worried that one of my favorite stories would get butchered and this time there's no Lee Min Ho to pick up the pieces :(

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 1st, '10, 11:00

Thanks guys! I'll definitely let you know if it gets made into a movie. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Never2muchcoffee: you should try Hong Gil Dong. It's really funny, although it has a bit of drama too. Plus Keun Suk is hot THERE! See how he can be really manly even with long hair.

I like family dramas, too. I'll try watching Life is Beautiful and Jewel Families when I have the time. Right now, posting here and reading your posts are like my break from writing.

@janajee: Yeah, ain't it great?! hahaha! Sometimes it's weird that showbiz runs in our family. Try to research LVN Studios; it's like one of the first film outfits here in the Philippines. My grandfather was the right hand guy of the owner, Dona Sisang. He just retired when the matriarch died and the sons took over. My other grandfather on my mother's side also used to be in charge of the budget of films in Premiere Productions. Hahaha! Some of my cousins and close family friends are in showbiz even now. But I'm still struggling there because I left for 4 years and now I'm re-entering as a scriptwriter. So I'll see how it goes... :)

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 1st, '10, 13:51

Krynn: I'm downloading Hong Gil Dong now, but it's downloading as slow as molasses. I'm also planning to download Beethoven Virus because so many of ya'll have talked about how good it is. Just wish the downloading would go faster :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 13:58

I didn't manage to watch Hong Gil Dong after all. It was just too weird and confusing for me and I usually love weird and confusing. Just not this kind. XD

As for Beethoven Virus, yes, please do see it. Then you can see just why we keep saying he has potential and could also be a very handsome young man.

lovelybabe

Post by lovelybabe » Sep 1st, '10, 14:33

I'll give a head up for Playfull Kiss drama .
I has just watched episode 1 of PK live without sub, and I definitely say I'm in for the rest of the drama .
Check it out guys.
My Woody Allen, oopps sorry hehehehe ... My Mr Woody table was wachable in epi 1, but the main girl lead stole the show . She was so aadorable, and her acting is good.
I bet she will be the next YEH in the next few years
She is not so pretty but very cute and adorable like YEH in the past
I watch PK for the girl and if my Mr Woody table improved his acting in the next episodes , it will be a plus for me
Epi 1 is cute and has some comedy touches
The drama will make you happy :cheers:

@never2muchcoffee: because DL is slow you can watch Kdramas online. I just moved to a new place and the connection is very slow, internet server said it took them 1 month to make underground cables for my house . I can't DL movies during peak times. So I've been watched Kdramas online instead. It's been pretty OK to watch online so far. Check it out lady!
http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama

There are many other online such as Vikkii or mysoju.com, just google the name of the drama and add the words Watch online

:-)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 14:58

I'll watch it on viikii just cause I'm curious and can't wait. And please, don't write "woody" again. XD The gutter is always so close, I keep ending up in it...

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Sep 1st, '10, 15:18

@orion im glad im not the only one that keeps taking "woody" in the completely wrong context.. :whistling: :P

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 1st, '10, 16:44

Does anyone here have an audio file of JGS singing What Should I Do? I downloaded both OSTs and they have Park Da Ye singing it and an instrumental version, but not one of JGS singing it like he did at the end of YAB. I would REALLY like a copy of him singing it cause in spite of all his problems these days, I still adore his voice.

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 1st, '10, 17:46

@never2muchcoffee: I have that song and also Goodbye and Can you hear me. But I think the file is too large to be posted here. I forgot where I got it from I'm sorry. I think I just googled it like I always do...

Hong Gil Dong is also the first and only historical drama I've seen. I thought it would be weird, but It grew on me. :)

You can also go to mysoju.com if you wanna watch dramas online...

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Sep 1st, '10, 17:51

I just watched him in You're Beautiful like 2 weeks ago.. Now I have all my roommates watching it. I loved that show. It made me laugh so much.. It was like Hanadan merged with Hana Kimi.. LOL

For some reason I find I am watching more and more Kdramas now where I use to only watch Jdramas.. lol Yeah don't know what happened there.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 17:59

It happened to most of us, Tamaki. :P Welcome to the thread and keep getting your friends hooked on YAB. I'm slowly getting people hooked too.

never2muchcoffee, I have the songs. I have the cd version which isn't as nice and I also ripped the one in the series which I like best.

I'll get them for you in a bit. :D

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Sep 1st, '10, 18:02

Please please call me Tama ^^

Yeah I have been watching dramas forever it seems...only just started on Kdramas about 1.5 yrs ago. Love them ever since.. And after watching Jang Geun Suk in You're Beautiful I am just hooked on his acting lol. He was so refreshing to watch. I really look forward to seeing what he does next.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 1st, '10, 18:10

We're scared and looking forward to. It's a complicated feeling. XD

Btw, here's the song.

And here is the one I ripped. You get the fangirl screams and Mi Nyu's speech at the end, but it's worth it. This version has more echo and is even better than the studio one, I think.

Download quickly cause I'll erase it afterwards. :D

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 1st, '10, 18:28

Woot! Got 'em both! Thanks so much Orion!

I'm another one who started out on Jdrama and recently discovered Kdrama. I only discovered Jdrama less than a year ago, when I stumbled upon one that was a live action version of a vampire manga (Vampire Host). Since I enjoyed the manga, I decided to give the drama a try. It was super-cheesy and I hated the ending, but it made me want more. I've been a vampire "fan" all my life - waaaaaaay before Buffy and Twilight and Moonlight and Forever Knight....I'm talking back before even Love at First Bite (with George Hamilton). So anyways, Vampire Host led to Koishite Vampire which led to RH Plus, but then I ran out of vampires :( That's when I stumbled across Mei-chan no Shitsuji and fell in love with Mizoshima Hiro ::drools:: I didn't think I'd find another drama I loved as much as Mei-chan...and then I found Hana Kimi. Laughed until I cried. Fell in love with Oguri Shun ::drools some more::

It wasn't until I joined d-addicts that I started considering Kdrama. But with so many recommendations for shows like You're Beautiful, Full House, etc. I finally decided to give them a try...and I am SO glad I did! :) And I'm so glad to be able to share my obsession with other crazy folks like me. You guys rock!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '10, 18:49

I'm baack! My internet sucks... So I missed our Table, dammit! Now I have to download and waste my precious bandwith on it. But anyway...
Be right back.

Jana, how your exams??

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Sep 1st, '10, 19:23

Ah I agree I love the dramas... and it's nice to talk to others who share the obsession. =D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '10, 19:26

Aww, Tama, welcome, welcome^^

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Sep 1st, '10, 21:20

Dang it, i missed Wooden Table also. means im gonna have to watch him tomorrow! Did anyone manage to catch it? is it worth my time? :lol

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 1st, '10, 22:45

Well I'm downloading it to see how it goes, and will probably download to the end though. Hmmm, I hope they make subs to it too because I can only guess so much. Hahahaha.

Exams are good. Didn't sleep tonight because I studied... and couldn't get certain stuff out of my head... but I'm much better. I've got two more exams today, yaaaagh. But it does help take my mind off certain things.

Tama, welcome! Most started with Jdramas, but I started with Taiwanese Dramas. Hahahahaha :) That's why I'm so bent on watching Wooden Table in this version of Itazura Na Kiss because the first ever drama I've really got hooked on to is It Started With a Kiss :)

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » Sep 1st, '10, 23:28

Ah ah I see... Thank you all for the warm welcome ^^.

My first drama was actually a kdrama.. Witch YooHee then I went to Zettai Kareshi in the Jdramas cause I was hooked on Absolute Boyfriend the manga... lol Then I foudn Hanadan and it was all down here from there..

I have seen Itazura the anime and the jdrama so I am really looking forward to the drama ^^.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 1st, '10, 23:41

Welcome, welcome! I'm also from the jdrama section (my first must have been Waterboys I think)

Jana, let me send you some energy. Good luck with your exams today!!

Not gonna bother with downloading, I'll just watch it on viikii cause I can't imagine it'll be good enough to be stored on my hd ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 2nd, '10, 05:47

Good luck with your exams, Jana! Hwaiting! :cheers:

Just woke up. My hair, when it's not straightened and there's humidity, looks like Beethoven's! :rofl:
What do you guys mean "you missed" the series, btw? Do you have a way of watching it live?
I didn't watch it yet either. Waiting on Viikii. I'll watch it there and if it's worth it, download it.
Tama, I loved the anime. And the manga (the parts of it I read) was very nice too. Hope they won't ruin it.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Sep 2nd, '10, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

krynn

Post by krynn » Sep 2nd, '10, 07:02

I'm waiting on Viikii also. For those who were able to watch, is it any good?

Hi Tama, I'm relatively new here also. I hope you continue posting. It's really fun here. :)

Janajee are you in college? Do you mind me asking what school you go to? I really miss going to school and just waiting for my allowance. Hahaha!

janajee

Post by janajee » Sep 2nd, '10, 08:14

Well I'm downloading it from here DA, and I honestly cannot wait for it.Hahahah, it might actually be really interesting to see a favorite story of mine in a Korean setting, Wooden Table or otherwise. Plus since I've become THE drama source of the college, and they're actually really looking forward to it. Hahahaha.
Exams are slowly killing me now. Looking at all the posters here, I think I'm still the youngest. Hahahahaah, wow it does feel really different. Tamaki seems to be one chance I'm going to get for me to not be the youngest. Hehehehe got two more exams and then FREEDOM... until the Finals anyway. I actually am studying in a Bible College in Valenzuela. FEBIAS if you've heard of it. I'm taking up Foreign Diplomacy there... or you know Missions based studies.

So now you know why I'm such a prude. I grew up in a strict Christian family, in a Muslim country and now I'm studying in a Bible college. HAHAHA, hence prudeness abounds. Though I don't mind being with you guys though. Hahahaha :) I'm like a nun, but I'm allowed to get married. HAHAHA :) Wow, ranting now.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 2nd, '10, 08:22

Jana, did I ever say Wuv you? I will, wait a bit...
Good luck with your exams!

OK, in a moment I will be watching our Table. I gave you all the link to watch it live, 2 pages before, so don't whine. I don't want to download it either, but since yesterday my internet just run away (I know, it knew about the first episode, mehehehe), I had to download it.
Truthfully, I can't believe he improved, and I can't believe he will in the next 19 episodes.
:whistling: