Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 17th, '10, 15:09

Krynn I think she was offered the part but hadn't accepted it yet? or something. The only info i ever find on KWP is here, i never see any info on it elsewhere :lol

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 17th, '10, 15:29

Welcome never2muchcoffee glad you found your way here. I also came over from the japanese side only a while ago and now i'm hooked on korean drama, movies and guys XD

krynn glad you enjoyed KWP, it was also one of the first jdrama i watched and i still think it's great. I'm rather excited about making this a movie instead of just a drama-remake. They can be a bit more creative with the scenes and I also felt it was dragging a bit in the middle. Plus. I think they can be more bold on the big screen.

About the kissing, there are nice kdrama kisses and mostly there's also just pecks and weird kiss scenes in jdrama (I think there are threads for this elsewhere) Looking at movies, Korean cinema is not less explicit or emotional than Japanese, on the contrary. The more Korean movies I watch, the more I think they are dramaturgically better than most contemporary Japanese filmmakers. Plus I don't doubt JGS could do a fine performance when it comes to kiss and love scenes as he has (or used to have?) the right charisma to draw you in...

I guess Han Ye Seul must have declined the role as it's been so long since got the offer - and still no reply in the affirmative, also no other name has come up yet. So with all the issues and no news, sadly there won't be any movie anytime soon =(

jana Congrats! :cheers: And good luck for the next round!! Don't wory, if your arm hurts a bit after they take your blood, that's normal for some people. I had it done by a novice once and my arm was blacknblue afterwards, hurt for days. In case you think it feels weird, better have it checked.

Peg how could I not know Kimura-san in his pink dog costume?!? Saw some hilarious skits. Generally, he's such a great entertainer and I love his imitation skills. But who would ever think he wasn't manly?! He's like the definiton of a kakkoi idol ;)

Parisian Skies KNG?! Wow, another fandom we share ;) Will be two hard years without him so after finishing bad guy I decided to take weekly doses of his older drama cause i feel already deprived ;) Glad we got some nice pics and vids of him in uniform :wub: good go see he's doing fine there...
[/b]
Last edited by arakira on Aug 17th, '10, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 17th, '10, 15:40

arakira yes, KNG! :mrgreen: The latest love. Bad Guy is my first experience of him, but his performance is one of the main reasons i forsake valuable sleeping hours in favour of Bad Guy episodes :lol

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 17th, '10, 15:59

Ethlenn introduced him to me when I started looking for talented Korean actors and I've been stalking him since XD Take a look at his thread here. Warmly recommending Lovers Vanished and A Portrait of a Beauty. These are fantastic movies, like really and truly great - and not just because of KNG!

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 17th, '10, 17:39

Finally finished KWP and I really enjoyed it. Like I said, all the characters are good! I like the ending of them sort of being roommates with a possibility of becoming lovers in the future. Although I would rather that they admitted to each other that they've fallen in love. But I guess the main point of the story is that everyone needs somebody who they can show their true colors to. Although it becomes a dependent relationship, but again, no man is an island as pointed out by the shrink. I really like it. I could probably write an entire paper on it. Haha! Sorry that was the geek in me showing. :)

Arakira: Oh she declined?! Aww that's too bad I want to see Keun Suk in action soon! Also, then he'd be real skinny for a much longer period because him dieting is supposed to be all about for this movie, right? Darn it!

Orion, yeah you're right he has some raw talent but it still needs to be honed. I hope he really picks the right roles. Like what he did when he chose BV over Boys over flowers.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 17th, '10, 17:51

I edited the above post...she didn't decline officially, it's just my guess cause it's been such a long time and she hasn't agreed and isn't listed anywhere as the female lead.

As for the KWP ending, please use a spoiler for it, just in case somebody else hasn't seen it yet. Again, glad you liked it, i also could write an essay about it. Haha why don't you do it? I'd read it for sure. Let's just hope for good news about the Korean verion soon.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 17th, '10, 21:55

I woke up this morning feeling much better. Left arm no longer feels like lead, more like some wooden arm now, hahahah but a much better feeling than yesterday after the game. I went to the school doctor yesterday, and she said it was normal that my arm feels like crap, because it seemed that somehow my vein took a beating last monday (they had to repoke it in around the end of the blood giving cause it had stopped flowing), and that's why it feels like the weight of a giant elephant. Hahahahaha exag I know.

Thanks for the congratulations by the way. You guys are awesome!
I enjoyed Kimi Wa Petto. It was different from the other dramas I usually watched. I mean the story, because I usually watch rom-coms. Hahaha, Takeshi/Momo is cool, and I am looking forward to how Keun Suk would portray it. Sumire as a character... didn't like her so much. I didn't like the fact that for a strong woman, she wasn't very strong at all. *shrugs* And seriously though, what's wrong with being strong and independent? Honestly.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 17th, '10, 22:58

You know I feel very confused. BV is being repeated on TV here. I watch some of it and I can't believe I am looking at the same actor we have here on this thread.
They don't even look alike. They just happen to have the same name.

Really it is very skin prickly to see the actor in BV and try to believe it is the same little person we have on this thread.

Confusing and almost unbelievable.

Peggy

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 18th, '10, 00:49

I also didn't like Sumire much. For a professional woman who is supposedly quick on the uptake and smart, she was pretty clueless and generally obtuse about most things.
She acted too much like a child in her "personal" life. More like a teen than an adult woman. Sure sure, she's not emotionally mature yet and hasn't had many relationships, but still...

About Ye Seul, maybe she's just not accepting right now because the funding for the movie and its future are uncertain. It's already been delayed quite a bit so maybe she's worried about it possibly not even happening.
Maybe she's waiting to see if it will raise more interest and of course, more money, before signing up for it. Smart move, if that's the case. She's a slightly older woman and I'm sure she's not going to risk starting a potential failure.

Last, but not least by a mile, Peggy, I know, hon. His performance in BV was really great. It was good quality work in a good quality series. It was mature and together. It was emotional, but not overacted or forced.
He really made Gun Woo amazing and I still think it's stunning how he held his own opposite such a huge talent and popular and respected actor like Kim Myung Min. He did good. Very very good and I was proud of him for that role.

I still am, but I just want to see even better things from him in the future and the way he's been acting and looking lately, BV and its "serious" type of series and movies will only get tougher and tougher to find and offers will be little, if any.
The man's got it. There's no questioning that. It's so obvious he's a huge talent just waiting to burst. But I hope that he'll focus that eruption on his creativity, skills and talents cause lately, we've only been getting eruptions of bling. XD

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 18th, '10, 08:12

arakira :O another thread to stalk! :wub: i'll have to get around to watching these movies. It finally hit me today that two years is a long time :blink so i need something to keep me going!

and ahh Keun Suk, the Bling Volcano. I'm sure if he wanted to he could single handedly keep Tiffany's in business :-)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 18th, '10, 09:36

Ahahaha.Ethlenn would agree. :P

I can't handle this Bling Volcano though. Too much.
I prefer the Active Volcano he was in "Happy Life".
Now that was a fine young man. Promising young man.

Start filming KWP already! Can't you see we need it?
Our sanity and (possibly) his weight and image depend on it!
Even if they start now, by the time it gets to us, I'll be nuts. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 18th, '10, 11:53

To those who care........ WE WON! Hahaha, I mean now we're just waiting for the finals, and there's a chance we might, A REALLY BIG MIGHT, win as champions. Hopefully. Anyway my left arm feels much better :) and to reward myself, and my teammates, we watched YB together. They love Tae Kyung. I did not show them any new pictures to keep them happy.

This is a video of JKS promoting YB here. He speaks in english and then he says Mahal Ko Kayo which is I love you guys. He looks alright in this video and his hair is kept slightly up so it's definitely a good thing. Still too thin though, but hey it's better right?

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 18th, '10, 17:35

Hahaha! The Volcano of Bling! I love the term! And it's quite right!

Sorry about the ending; how do I correct that, though? I mean adding the spoiler thingy? Sorry I'm new to forums... :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 18th, '10, 18:00

When you write your message, there is a "spoiler" tag above the text box. It's the last button on the right.
Just click on that twice and you'll get the two tags. Write the spoiler between them and you're ok.

Jana, I'll look at the video in a bit. Is it new? Is he still on about YAB? Move on, Keun Suk! :glare:

lovelybabe

Post by lovelybabe » Aug 18th, '10, 18:19

New updated:
As rumor from DC said Keun Suk is looking at an idol drama script right now. It is written from a manga about a famous rock idol with a very long hair. All of fangirls are so excited about this news.
They all go crazy, so happy go lucky .
The drama will be started on TV in November. So forget about movie You pet and move on .

How about you guys ? Like it ? ..

As I predicted : Because of his current image, Keun Suk may not get anywhere further except continue playing an Idol . Because he looks exactly like and Idol, not a serious actor nowadays
He has been type-casted for musician roles over and over again from Nonstop4, Doremi, Happy life, to YAB
And Now with a long hair rock idol role .
Darn it !!!
I'm so tired to talk about him .
I'll wait a few months more to see what he's going to do .
If he wanted to play a rock idol again, I rather see him in big profile drama of JYP and Bae, so he won't blame himself about low TV rating again .
darn it, darn it !!! sorry I just want to say because I'm so frustrated and disappointed.
Don't tell this news to Ethlenn, she might get mad . :cussing:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 18th, '10, 19:43

Oh damn. I really hope this news is just a rumor or that he'll decline. He's done enough musical stuff already.
If he keeps it up and so soon after YAB, he'll never get parts for anything else. Wave the serious and versatile actor career bye bye.

Look, he's got an awesome voice. Good for rock too, as we saw in The Happy Life. But he should put a clear line between these two careers if he wants them both to be good.
A person acting a singer so much, will not be looked as a good actor and one singing in movies without devoting themselves to a singing career, won't be a singer either.

I'm personally disappointed that he doesn't seem to want a serious and varied career anymore. Cause I know he'd do great in such a career.
As for Ethlenn, she's given up long ago so she won't get angry. She just won't care and have a big fat "I told u so" for the rest of us that still hope. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 18th, '10, 23:28

@Ate Orion; It's probably recent, since they only started showing it here last Monday, Aug. 16. And it is about YB because it's a short video to promote YB here. Except it's HB here. Hahahaha.

Really? New show? New drama? I don't know. The fangirl in me wants to go YAY he has a new show, something to look forward to... but... the non-fangirl in me wonders if I'll see him do other things than this. I mean will I ever see him do something else other than music pop-idol roles? Haaaaaaay.

But more than anything I really hope he rests now. Like seriously, just take a year off and come back stronger.

winsett21

Post by winsett21 » Aug 19th, '10, 02:12

YAB in the Philippines, epic fail on the dubbed voice of Keun Suk'
=((((((((((((((((((((((

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 19th, '10, 04:02

It's always been epic fail when it comes to dubbing by any one other than the original. So I was already expecting it. What I was disappointed in however was how it sounds weird when they say: Tae Kyung Hwang. I don't know it just sounds weird for me.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 07:52

Oh no. Not another musical role. I'd rather he do KWP despite its issues, simply because its not a musical role :lol Something different to add to his resume!

How is he not sick to DEATH of YB? I loved it and it introduced me to the world of KDrama, but hes just milking it now :glare:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 19th, '10, 12:35

Of course he's milking it. Why do you think he dresses and behaves that way as well? Fangirls love it and cough up the money to go see him act stupid and show how talentless he can be if he tries, so of course he'd milk YAB too.
I just don't like this behavior. Everyone has to make money, but when a talented person betrays their talent (which can earn them good money and even more in the long run) and chooses to win it by selling out instead, it's horrible of them.
It's unfair to themselves for wasting their good points and unfair to their true fans who admired their work and can no longer enjoy the same quality. All because they aren't patient enough to win good money with their art and gain real respect.

I really hope he won't accept that role. He's done quite many music roles already and so far, it's worked ok (BV doesn't count. Classical and a more adult series). He was young and cute and he slowly showed his talent.
But he's already old enough to now reap the good stuff from the ground he's prepared for himself and instead of trying to go higher and higher in the actor scale, he chooses to stay right in the same place and even go backwards.

I just don't get him. I don't get how he can waste his talents and his chance to gain respect and admiration from people who can provide it, just for a quick mad dash in fame. Fame he could just gain over the years by being a good actor.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 13:10

Orion you pretty much take the words out of my mouth :lol

The time has come to move on from Hwang Tae Kyung. I want to see some more "Itaewon" Keun Suk! He scared the pants off me in that movie :blink

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 19th, '10, 13:17

Yep. You're not the only one who had fantasies of stripping yourself for him in that movie.....
Ahem... I mean, you're right... Just as you say. Good movie, nice performance. :whistling:

And btw, ParisianSkies, that's a lovely avatar you have there. Ain't he cute as a button? Aww. :wub:
I'll have to focus on him and Yong Hwa when I see YAB again. Can no longer even look at Keun Suk. XD

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 19th, '10, 15:45

haha! Its the combination of Long Hair + potato weight. Hot damn, its a combo that works :w00t:

awwHong Ki! :wub: You just look at him and think of cookies and cupcakes and icing sugar and teddy bears- he's just THAT cute. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 19th, '10, 15:54

You just look at him and think of cookies and cupcakes and icing sugar and teddy bears and how much cuter than all those combined he is. Ahaha. :lol Cute guy. Appropriately cute.

And yes. The badass look and hair with the right weight are indeed shekshi, aren't they? He does look awesome with long hair, just not when they're stylized like a woman's. :glare:
If he had longer hair and a clean shaved face in BV, he'd be perfect. I would DARE those crazy fangirls to say he's not handsome then! Potato. Heh.. Only such idiots would call a healthy young man that.

MiiutaChan

Post by MiiutaChan » Aug 19th, '10, 16:53

well,i saw yours post,it is something sure aboute a new idol drama?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 19th, '10, 17:27

There is one role of an idol-pop star from a manga i'd like him to play:

Nanjo Koji from manga classic Zetsuai :mrgreen:

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 20th, '10, 00:18

We're talking about my favorite Keun Suk look? THE ITAEWON PEARSON LOOK?! Man, may I just gush? That was by far the best look I have ever seen him in. He was awesome in that movie, and maaaan, I've spent at least several weeks watching that movie again and again, and MAAAAN he is shemxy like heck!

Hong Ki!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that guy too, and he's voice be awesome as well.

I miss Itaewon Keun Suk. Haaaaay.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 00:36

At your service, m'lady.

I love that evil look on him. Although it still wasn't as evil a role as I would have liked. It wasn't really a thriller. Looked more like a documentary. Lol. He has to be even more sick! :lol
Also, didn't like what they did with the contacts. We get it. We know which version you're showing by what's happening. You don't need to use contacts to show us who the bad guy is.
And you all know how I feel about Keun Suk's manicure. Come on man. Do take care of your nails, but keep them short for crying out loud! Even his manicure is for ladies. It was very weird in Itaewon. XD

He really was nice in this movie. Yet another glimpse at the potential he holds. A possibly bright future that's being endangered right now, with his choices and general behavior and look.
And on a more shallow note, he looked hot back then. Lol. Sure, we love his potential, but no reason not to admire his (past) looks too. "Stab" me anytime if you're gonna look like that... :whistling:

winsett21

Post by winsett21 » Aug 20th, '10, 01:09

janajee
- yea really different.,
if you've tried to hear it though you'll be annoyed for sure
anddddddddd before i forget that they are also changing the background music and it is only the second episode

from keun-sama's cyworld
credits to Raine

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 01:14

Oh God! The horror! It buuurnnsss ussss!

That waist... That's just wrong on so many levels... That's not what a man's waist should look like. That's just horrible.
Let's be fair though. It might be just a biiiit bigger than Gollum's. :rofl: I don't know if I should laugh or cry with this stuff...
The second picture and the last two are nice though. He's still skinny and I still don't like him, but they are nice pictures and he looks ok.
Stop showing the waist though. We're not all into feminine uke types. That's fangirls. If I want to hold a lady's waist, I'll just become a lesbian.

winsett21

Post by winsett21 » Aug 20th, '10, 01:23

hahaha
love your reply to that orion
he really is thin i hope that what he said in the interview is true
and that...after filming his movie he'll be able to gain some weight

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Aug 20th, '10, 01:24

Orion1986 wrote:Oh God! The horror! It buuurnnsss ussss!

That waist... That's just wrong on so many levels... That's not what a man's waist should look like. That's just horrible.
Let's be fair though. It might be just a biiiit bigger than Gollum's. :rofl: I don't know if I should laugh or cry with this stuff...
The second picture and the last two are nice though. He's still skinny and I still don't like him, but they are nice pictures and he looks ok.
Stop showing the waist though. We're not all into feminine uke types. That's fangirls. If I want to hold a lady's waist, I'll just become a lesbian.
I really really really
enjoyed reading your response & laughed so hard :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 01:36

Thanks, luv. That's just how I feel. I think I even had that look Gollum has, when I saw that first picture. It's late and I need to sleep. I'll have nightmares now. XD
Spoke my mind in Dramabeans too. I'll probably be tarred and feathered for it, but I just can't stay silent when they're all going kyaaaa over such a sad sad thing.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 20th, '10, 02:29

@winsett; meh, I've already heard of it. Hahaha, I've been here for several years, and have witnessed a lot of butchered shows... worst has to be the taiwanese drama Fated to Love You :( but since I'm used to it, it has become something of an introduction to me. It introduces me to dramas I will want to watch in the future. Hahahaha

ITAEWON PICTURES.

It makes me forget things on so many levels. Haaaay, give me that Keun Suk and I'd be happy forever. I especially love the fourth picture and the last picture. AWESOME. AWESOME.

And now we move to the slightly feminine Keun Suk that that's there.

First picture... burns. Second picture not so bad. Third picture... I've always been partial to purple and glasses so it's alright. Fourth picture, gain some weight and it would be an awesome picture because he's wearing suits. Fifth and last picture... I kinda liked it but I think the bubble gum thing is a little girly.

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 20th, '10, 04:45

Hahaha! I love the gollum picture Orion! And yes that;s not how thick (or unthick hahaha) a man's waist should look like!

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 20th, '10, 04:51

@ Janajee: I totally loved him in Itaewon Homicide, too! I wish he'd accept more serious roles to show off his acting and not just his cute side. Enough of his cute side! I want his handsome and talented side!

And yes, he really has been typecasted for musician roles. But if this rock idol drama pans out, I wish it will have more depth and not just him being a cool rock star all the time. I mean HTK had some serious moments when he was crying that showed off his acting skills a bit, but most of the time he was just making these cute facial expressions and being standoffish! I like him as HTK, but it really is time to move on...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 06:44

Hwang Tae Kyung was fun, but it wasn't Keun Suk's best performance. Any other actor could have acted that role just fine (even if he does break your heart in the "serious" moments).
YAB was fun, it was popular and cute and all. It's nice to do that once in a while, especially when young. But using that to ride this self-adoring fame wave, even 8 months after the series is over, is not good.

Move on and prove your skills, damn it. NOW is the time to pick more diverse stuff that shows off your acting skills. Not your singing skills, dancing skills or how cute you can be, but your acting skills.
That is, if he does want to be a serious actor. If he himself doesn't want it or he is doing these things cause his money-crazy agency forces him to and he doesn't resist, then he can't expect many good offers in the future.

P.S:
I had a dream about him. And not only was I in my ideal weight, he was too. Had the Itaewon look. He was actually a convict about to escape and I grabbed the bastard. :rofl:
Now, why the "prison" was my mom's village in Greece and I was taking him to my mom istead of jail, I got no idea. Lol. Maybe he wasn't a prisoner? The man I liked?
Here, mom! This is the guy I like. He was trying to run away, but I grabbed him as he was making a run for it so s'all good now. :rofl: Nah, he was a prisoner alright.
I caught him as he was going to steal a bike and run. I actually held him on an armlock, twisting his arm around his back and pushing him to my mom (using my whole body, of course). He didn't like it. Ahahaha.
Maybe it was the fact that my other hand was around his waist (the good fuller waist) and chest. Or maybe it was the fact that I wrapped my leg around him to "wave" to mom.
I was behind him so she couldn't see me... And.. well, my other hand was busy.. and mom was too far to only see an arm anyway... Yes... I had good reason to wrap my leg like that... :whistling:

That wasn't all, but the gist of it. One thing I do remember? He smelled gooooood. Not girly good. XD Manly good. That smell the opposite sex has that makes potential mates go nuts.
That was an effing good dream. Reality isn't as nice (I don't get to date convicts, lol, WTF?), but I still hope for him. Start getting some good quality works done, my man.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 20th, '10, 07:54

oh good god. There i was, happily looking at Itaewon pictures and remembering better times and then BAM i was attacked by the image of a manwoman in a polo neck. :blink

The other pictures are alright, but that one...oh my. i can't begin to imagine the purpose of that photo/photoshoot :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 08:11

He's trying to hide his male face and show off his female waist, ParisianSkies.
Apparently, he thinks that if a man would look good in a female belly dancer costume, he should show that off.
At least these ladies have nicely toned bodies for girls. If he thinks the female "nicely toned" and the male should be the same, no saving that one.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 20th, '10, 08:27

@Ate Orion, I love your dream. HAHAHA.

Itaewon and Happy Life and Baby&Me were pretty awesome movies, and I haven't been disappointed when it comes to any of his acting jobs. I just wish, I just so wish that this pictures are going to be forgotten from my mind the moment a new acting job comes out, whatever it may be.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 20th, '10, 09:10

janajee we can all hope! I loved him in Baby and Me and im trying to concentrate on that image. rather than the mental image Orion has given me of Keun Seuk belly dancing in a sparkly two piece, blinding passersby with his bling. XD

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 20th, '10, 09:18

Baby & Me was one of my favorite movies of him, though it seems clear by now that my favorite by far is Itaewon look. Though Happy Life was pretty awesome too because it had a well built story with great casts :)

Hang out here long enough, and everyone gives you mental images of Keun Suk that wish were never introduced into your head...Most of which comes from Keun Suk himself. aigooo.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 10:05

ParisianSkies wrote:rather than the mental image Orion has given me of Keun Seuk belly dancing in a sparkly two piece, blinding passersby with his bling. XD
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why did you do that to me? I had actually managed to post the picture without imagining him in those clothes and now all I can see is him belly dancing in that! AHAHAHAHAHA! XD

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 20th, '10, 11:05

Orion Its only fair that you have to suffer through the same mental image! :P It makes me laugh and cry at the same time :lol

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 20th, '10, 11:19

Haha Orion, I feel bad about posting my thoughts here lately. It's like nothing can shock me anymore when it comes to our pricess bling... :(

I just thougth 'better belly dancing than pole dancing - but does he have enough strength and musces to do either one of them as he is now?! :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 20th, '10, 11:23

Not sure about strength, but he does have the figure for it. All the real girls would be jealous of the prettiest dancer in there and his tiny waist.

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 20th, '10, 11:38

Its a shame about the belly dancer photo because i think the rest of the photoshoot is alright :-) a vast improvement anyway. The picture of him blowing the gum bubble is the first recent picture of Keun Suk i've really liked in a long time.

The belly dancing picture kind of cancels it out though :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 21st, '10, 00:38

Well, mom couldn't handle it anymore so I showed her the worse. She didn't think it was that tragic. XD
She's more understanding than me though, in general. I'm not as forgiving of youth and idiocy as her.

I'm really just tired though. Can't worry about him anymore. I'll wait and hope and just try and refrain from guesses.
Maybe he'll stay like this, maybe not. Maybe he'll ruin himself, maybe not. I'll just wait and see. Can't change anything anyway.

Looks and behavior aside though, I really wish he won't accept that drama if the rumor is indeed true.
Way too many musical roles already and they have been varied and good enough not to matter.
After YAB though and with so many fangirls eager to brand him as Hwang Tae Kyung, singer and idol, it's a bad move.

I know he has to make money while waiting for KWP to start and that's probably why all the tours and such.
That, however, doesn't mean he should accept just anything that comes his way. He has to be careful about this.
I'm not saying he shouldn't do music related roles since he's good at them, but let it cool down a bit first.

Also, choose a non-idol teen rom com or whatever I can call all these movies/series. Choose something more serious.
BV was classical and didn't have to do with singing in popular bands. Happy Life also, was about a washed-out band.
They are serious works that feature music and not the idol status that comes with it. He has to choose carefully.

aility

Post by aility » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:11

So the rumours are that he will be taking on another role where he is portraying an artist, this time a heavy rocker. Hmm... why isnt he trying new roles?!!!

And I am just here to say hi really quickly. I see there are many new people in here, so hello to everyone :D

Off to Korea tomorrow my luvly ladies! I CANNOT WAIT!! my biggest problem now is how to handle the luggage issue!!! hahaha!
Made by Orion ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:18

Oooooh! Have a lovely trip, love! If you see Keun Suk, stuff him in a bag (won't take up much space) and bring him here. We have to feed him and have a long talk that may or may not include violence.
Have lots and lots of fun there, eat nice stuff, do some sightseeing and make sure to take notes for all your unnis and dongsaengs back here. :P And please eat some kalguksu. Been dying to try that.XD

Saw the news as well. I really hope he says no to this role. Although I'd LOVE to see him as a death metal dude (plus, the weight is perfect for a drugged up rocker), it will typecast him a lot after YAB.
I'm just torn. The fangirl inside is going "kyaaaa! I want tooooo!", but my mind knows it might cause him serious problems in the offers he gets in the future. Also, that will mean more fangirls and fame. :glare:

Edit: Stop me! Stooop me!! I'm getting psyched over the potential of this role! Pleeeease stop me! Ethlenn! Where are youuu?!?! :hissy: No! Not another music role! Must resist! It's bad! Mind....has...to...pre...vaaiill.....

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:28

aility, left my see-you-soon message in KNG thread already... have fun and take care love!

Orion, a Korean Krauser?!? Haha i'd love that! But I still prefer a Zetsuai live action :P

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:32

:O going..to Korea? I am RAGINGLY jealous of you right now! how long are you gone for? mmm im so jealous of the food you are going to eat.

Orion NOOOO. RETURN TO THE LIGHT. :P i was more excited for KWP.but to be honest, whatever it is, if he's in it i'll probably watch it :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:38

Heck, I'd like it if it was a Krauser-sama type of role. At least it would be funny as heck! Ahahahaha. That Kenichi-san. He did rock in that one. :lol

ParisianSkies, thank you. Keep me on the bright side of the Force. I can't Vader-out and approve of more music roles like this.

But... that fangirl voice... It wants to go kyaa over the thought of him as a metal guy... Nooo! No! Down, girl! You'll never take me aliveeeee!!! AAAAAAAAARGH

ParisianSkies

Post by ParisianSkies » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:44

we all have to fight our inner fangirl. it is a part of the trials and tribulations of being a Keun Suk fan.

Although now that you have mentioned it,if he accepted he would be singing rock music...and would (hopefully) be all rough and rugged looking... uh oh.
Im sensing an oncoming, unstoppable wave of "kyaa!" :crazy:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:54

Well...thing is, he did the rock thing before with Happy Life, so I can't approve of just a nice-guy rocker or even idol character...I could if it was something like DMC or a well made drama that doesn't focus on the star personality...
Orion, as much as you might want it, I know you can't eiter...you may fangirl as much as you feel like it, I know at the end of the day you'll still won't be satisfied with just another idol role because you're not the type to say well at least he's got some spotlight...
Just keep thinking bout Kenichi instead...He's got some niiiice works piling up. And nothing repetetive there...We got a very special love story, a sci-fi hero, a leftist activist, a bachelor taking care of a kid and now a korean japanese in ww2...Now that's versatile and that's what I want JGS to do. If ever he manages to impress me like Kenichi, I'll say he's a true actor...for now...you know what my thouhts are ;)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 23rd, '10, 13:05

I agree. I do get excited as a fangirl, but the difference between "those" fangirls and us, is that we can still take a step back and really look at the situation for what it will do to his career and not just to our emotions, wishes and wants.
We all want to see him again, even with the weight loss and everything. With us, it's also the hope he'll soon rise up the scale in his acting abilities too. But as you say, another idol role would not be new. Just the same with another type of style and music.

I would be ok with such a role in perhaps a movie and a drama. Not shoujo manhwa stuff. Maybe a drama about these types of singers and their bad lifestyle, drug abuse etc. That would be serious and would play up his acting.
But this is just another YAB. It's more of the same and I don't think it will give him and opportunity to show his acting skills more. Just that he can also sing death metal well. It promotes his idol status, not his actor one.

Even if he does do very well, if the series is a fangirl magnet and it will be, not many will focus on his acting. At least, not many with the ability to make an objective judgement on it that's not based on how "hot and cool" he is.

I'm not against music roles, I'm against idol roles. And this has "kyaa-inducing", hot and "bad boy" idol metal dude that the fangirls will go crazy over written all over it. Move on and show/improve your skills already.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 23rd, '10, 14:04

Ate aility!!! Bring me some love from Korea ne? And if you happen to pass by the Philippines, you're always welcome here.

As for Keun Suk's new role. I think I mentioned earlier that I'm psyched, as the fangirl in me, can't wait to see him in something new, because I just love him. The maternal mother instincts in me however are clearly stating that he should take a REALLY long rest to become healthy. I don't care how long... just be healthy.

I'm torn.
So volleyball finals right. It consists of a best out of three games. Today was the first game. We lost. :( But hopefully next week, we'll win? Huhuhuhuhuh

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 23rd, '10, 23:40

Been checking out the manhwa it's based on. I may not understand korean, but that's got shoujo written all over it. It's pure hearts and kyaa and fluff.
So I guess we can expect another YAB with death metal this time. Seriously, Keun Suk. For your sake and ours, move the hell on from shoujo-based rom coms.
Especially the ones about "music" who are not doing anything for your acting skills and will only make the fangirls get crazier and want you even more in such roles.

Jana, luv. Don't give up, ok? It's only one game. :-) Play and have fun. Aim for the win, but don't let that blind you and you'll be fine. Do your best, dongsaeng! :cheers:

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 24th, '10, 00:40

Oh nooooes.

Though... I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not getting excited for it. But I know, I know, I KNOW, this is not good for you, Keun Suk. Why must you do things that tear me apart like this? Can't you just... be more... careful about yourself. Heck, I don't even care if you have to do this or not, all I care about is getting you back to being healthy, maaan.

But the girly-shoujo-fan in me, can't wait for this. It's like I have a double personality thing going on. Haaaay.
Hahaha, I know, I know. I was just disappointed yesterday. We could have won, but we didn't Hahahaha. Hopefully will do better in the next game. Though second place isn't so bad at all, you know :) Considering as this is the first time since EVER that we actually got into the finals. Hahahaha

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 24th, '10, 02:05

Just curious as to what new show ya'll are talking about. I thought I was keeping up with posts but I must have missed this information. I understand the concerns regarding JKS's career and health and while I agree, I have to admit that I absolutely love his singing voice - I would buy a CD today if he had one. So could someone point me to info about this new show? Thanks!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 24th, '10, 02:36

Really I am now finding all these pages to be very non essential. It is obvious they are not evoking any interest from from the person or his promoters.

I cannot understand why he has so many pages devoted to him and look at Kim Nam Gil who really deserves more interest. Yes!!! he is now in the military, but he has done more in the time he was acting than this other person will EVER do.

Ethlenn...where are you ????????????????????????????????????

Peg

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 24th, '10, 02:41

Aww, I think it's because JKS is being very much of an... well... a nice way to say it he's not doing very well right now, which garners a lot of concern from "stable" fans. Whilst for KNG, well, we all know (me mostly through Ate Ethlenn's eyes) that KNG is doing really well, and there's just so many ways to say, awesome is that man, without getting redundant, you know?

like, never2muchcoffee, I am interested to know more about this news... is there some link we could all click to know more?? If not, then I'll just patiently wait here. This thread is usually very informative :)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Aug 24th, '10, 06:39

janajee...

Have you ever looked at the HANCinema site? It has lots of info on all sorts of actors. Not difficult to sign up.

Peg.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 24th, '10, 10:26

OOOH :)

Thanks muchos for that :)

It does have a lot of info about the shows/actors that I want to catch up on. Hmmm, except it seems to be overpopulated with girls who have lost the ability to use all other words besides oppa and kyaaa, so will probably still hang out here. :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 24th, '10, 12:07

You mean links about the upcoming series he might sign up for? Sorry, forgot to link.

Well, I read the Dramabeans post and also found the manhwa online.

I can't read korean, but that looks like typical shoujo stuff. Another YAB with death metal.
Quite a few korean sites seem to be listing the news or rumors as well.
By searching both the english and the korean title of the manhwa, I got lost of results for the series.

Look, it's good that he's doing something while the Kimi wa Petto "issues" are being solved.
But he could do something new and fresh instead of going for another teen rom com music role.
Sure he's offered such, cause he's done so many so far and people want more YAB, but come on.

I mean, if he likes always acting as a singer and remaining a mediocre actor AND singer, fine.
Thing is, he could very well be both and be good or leave one career for later.
I don't see how combining them like this all the time helps his acting skills or his singing/music career.

Maybe I'm just paranoid and maybe he'll still get many roles with good variety in the future.
But am I an idiot to think that one can easily get typecasted like this and only get such offers?
I mean, it happens so I'm afraid it will this time too. I don't pluck these worries from thin air.

I'll use this, however, to try and lighten up and just let things go the way they will anyway.
Let's see what he can do and what the series will be like. Maybe he'll do a lot with even a little given.
He's done that before and he IS talented, so we can trust him a little. His work hasn't failed me yet. Acting-wise, that is.
Sure sure, he hasn't improved a lot in quite a few years, but I have to still hope when such potential is there.

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 24th, '10, 12:45

Hm...can't find any real info about the manhwa itself except the brief synopsis that all the articles about the drama mention. I've posted a request on Baka-Updates asking for more info about the manhwa, cause it sounds like one I would enjoy reading :)

But just based on the synopsis, I'm thinking that maybe there will be less focus on the music industry side and more focus on the relationships. I don't know how Korean death metal bands dress, but the thought of JKS decked out in all leather and spikes....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 24th, '10, 12:49

Did you see my link for the manhwa? It's an online one. You can read all of it online, on that link. It's just that it's in korean. I did look for scanlations or rather, translations, but didn't find a thing.

You can still read it though. I did look into 6-7 chapters. Wanted to see the style and what it's about. Which is why I said, looks like typical shoujo. Sure, if the series makers are good, it can be more, but still.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 24th, '10, 13:31

Leather, spikes, tattoos.

The fangirl in me just died and went to heaven on cloud nine at the thought.

By the way the picture in the drama beans article, is it new or not? Cause I kinda liked it. Hahahah. Aww, the fangirl in me is winning. Ates, beat with a stick please? Ate Ethlenn, where are you when I need some tough love....

Hahahaha

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 24th, '10, 14:00

The picture is old. As for the leather and spikes and all, we've seen him in sparkle and heavy jewelry a lot lately. I don't think we'll be surprised by anything he wears anymore. :rofl:

Look, I've always wanted to see him in the rock style and with all the clothes and tattoos he had in The Happy Life, he was hot. But a skinny death metal dude? Not sure I'll love that. At least not the skinny part.

The fangirl in me is also wanting to go kyaaa, but my reason stops me. I hope it will be nice and won't harm his career but I believe that it won't go that well and that it will typecast him.

Jana-wuv, I can't beat you with a stick. It will hurt, but you'll get splinters. A spiked bat works better. Hurts the same, but doesn't leave any evidence..errr, I mean splinters, behind. :roll

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 24th, '10, 14:01

I did check out the manhwa link but didn't try to look into it much. I was hoping Baka-Updates would show that someone was scanlating it, but no such luck. I think I mentioned before that I was a sucker for the idol-falls-for-common-person type stories - got hooked on them when I watched the anime for Kaikan Phrase. So this new show is truly right up my alley :)

OOoooooh, forgot to include tattoos in my mental imaging.......::fans self::

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 24th, '10, 15:11

I know the mental image of long hair, rockin' clothes and tatts is sexy. I find it sexy too. The idea, that is. Especially having seen how good he can look with such a style.
However, add his current weight to that and I don't like it so much, plus, thinking about what it might do to his career is enough to make me wish it won't really happen.

I will watch it if it does happen and I'll judge what I see. I'm not pretending to be too good for it or that I won't watch it out of principle. I'm his fan and will watch whatever he does, if I like it.
But of course I'll like any half-decent rom com with him in death metal clothes, tattoos and an attitude. Just because I'll probably enjoy the work itself though, doesn't mean I like the aftermath it will bring.

I would prefer not to see him in something new and have the next work be a good solid one than to see him in just anything. As cool or as hot as it may sound, it doesn't matter if it's not good for his career.
As a fan, I want to admire his talent and charisma and I want his career to be a good one. If that means I have to "live without him" for a while, I prefer that than for him to choose roles not worthy of his amazing skills.

krynn

Post by krynn » Aug 24th, '10, 20:55

Oh my God?! A drama about a death metal band?! Oh nonononononononooooooo!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 24th, '10, 21:46

Not really. It's not about the music or style at all. I've been reading it. I'm already like 10 chapters in and so far, all I see is typical shoujo, kyaa, romantic moments and lots of bickering.
The only reason the "death metal" element exists is to make the guy more of a "not socially acceptable" person that's not marriage material. You know, the bad boy that, of course, is a nice guy.

Remove the fact that the woman who wrote it tries to pass him off as a death metal dude, he's just another cliche shoujo male character. Plus, his clothes and style are not death metal. Maybe rock.
He's skinny and loves to wear lots of bling and show his stomach and chest. Keun Suk will love this role. Which is why I fear that he'll say yes. This is pure fangirl material and service. They'll love it.

This is as much about death metal as "Coffee House" was about coffee. Not at all. Just a background/setting thing for a character and situation. He could be anything from a mobster to a host. As long as it's "not amiable".
I would actually like it if it was not just another rom com like YAB and was more about the music. At least it would be a bit different. BV was more about the music and the ensemble cast than any romance, as well.

janajee

Post by janajee » Aug 25th, '10, 02:27

Huhuhuhuhu, I don't care about leaving evidence. That way I'd actually get to see the bruising every time I feel like going kyaaaa at this new development. I'm a rom-com sucker and I just simply ADORE rom-coms. But... but... but! Even though I know I'd probably love this... I agree with Ate Orion. This is going to leave one heck of a horrible aftermath. Seriously painfully aftermath. I mean, look what happened after YB. I can't imagine what another rom-com is going to do him.

This just might seriously just damage his health all the more.

Damn these fangirls, damn damn damn! Why must they do this? Why must he do this? Why? WHY? WHY? *breaks down*

Hahahahaha.

Ahem

Now for those who care
I woke up today with my left eye feeling heavy, like someone punched it but left no bruises. So now my left eye feels heavier and smaller than my right eye, and my right eye is jealous because my left eye looks chinese/korean
Last edited by janajee on Aug 25th, '10, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.