Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Jang Geun Suk !!

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
anomaly

Post by anomaly » Jul 13th, '10, 14:27

@ Orion: did i forget to mention that i'm lazy & i can't bring myself to care enough to mud-wrestle others just for JGS (in all his emaciated & sparkly self)? i'd gladly leave the whipping to you & janajee. :P I'm very patient...until then i could just sit and wait & :alcoholic: & wait some more until he comes back to his senses. XD

i'd prefer to have his BV looks back but i guess i could compromise for something like this:
:P

arakira: hello hello! :cheers: yep, these ladies here are crazy. :twisted: :rofl: wonderful yes. .but still crazy. :thumright:

EDIT: placed the pretty dancing lady under a spoiler to avoid getting her purdy purdy hair pulled by Orion. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by anomaly on Jul 13th, '10, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 14:31

Oh God! I'm bliiiiiind! Put that in a spoiler. I think I threw up in my mouth! :faint:

You're gonna enjoy yourself here when we all get b*tchy again. We're just waiting for some new pictures or videos (which I'm sure will be as bad as it's been lately).

Oh God... It's a good thing I have to go downstairs and focus on setting up the washing machines. I can forget this gif by putting myself to work. Will cook dinner when I get back.

Anything to keep my mind away from this!!!! :hissy:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 13th, '10, 14:32

Errr...who's the girl in suit?

*run from Orion*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 14:33

Aww, arakira... so see you in 2 days!! Glad you are admiring such wonderful human being (yes, you read this right, a hoomin), love :heart:

@: anomaly, if I ever loose my job, I will go for a go-go dancer or a stripper. And this video is my first step for preparations. So, you put your hand like this, yesss.... and now slow moves like this... yesss... komawoyo, Keunsuk Madam^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 14:36

Daryn, I think they made a mistake backstage. They gave a lady a guy's suit. Or maybe it's one of those cabaret shows where girls have male dominating costumes on and strip them away little by little.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 14:39

Keunsuk showing the size of his...
brain? balls? diamond ring??
He probably wants to be a Takarazuka member soo bad...

B*tch mode alert!!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 14:42

It's not the size of his Super-ego though. It would take a few thousands of people to lie down in some square in a heart shape to show that. They'd have to be visible from space for that...
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jul 13th, '10, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 14:43

No, no, my love. It's encompassing our Galaxy...
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jul 13th, '10, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 14:43

So big we can't see it...

Aaaah. The gold blind and earrings I love so much...

anomaly

Post by anomaly » Jul 13th, '10, 14:45

@ Ethlenn: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

there's actually a huge POLE at the far side of the stage. he did the fireman's spin move on this other GIF i have. pretty impressive. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Last edited by anomaly on Jul 13th, '10, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 14:46

There we go. All he needs is a little surgery with a butter knife and we're done.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 14:48

It wasn't fireman at all I bet... It was some nice "I'll-show-you-what-I-got-for-50$" type of move.
I don't wanna see it, my opinion can't be any lower after flashing his underwear at us...

Orion, what surgery? He looks better than this lady here...

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 13th, '10, 14:52

I was about to say tht Ethlenn!

He's more feminine than her. :crazy:

anomaly

Post by anomaly » Jul 13th, '10, 15:00

darynrose wrote:I was about to say tht Ethlenn!

He's more feminine than her. :crazy:
and his facial expression.. definitely more flirty than her. way to go JGS. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

aility

Post by aility » Jul 13th, '10, 15:04

May I just say that it took some seconds before I realised it was JGS moving his hips like that. I was going: Goddamn that woman knows how to move her booty, I need to learn it...

WHY WHY WHYYYYYYY??????!!!!!!!

Aility out.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 15:06

Breaking new update on Keunsuk's dream ring:

This b*tch is out too.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '10, 15:08

When his acting career (the serious one he wants) falls through, he can always open a pole dancing school. He can educate strippers around the world.
I mean, come on... If you're gonna do some sassy moves for fans, at least make them manly and sexy.

These just look stupid. Like a 5 year old trying to dance to Spears' "Oops! I did it again". You know, all unco-ordinated and stumbling. It's cute, if you're 5 years old and a girl!
And he fancies himself to be a dancer too. Yes, we can see how well you're using your skills... :glare:

I don't get mad at people without skills. They can't help it. But the ones who have them and misuse them, I think are horrible. Wasting such gifts.... :rambo:

How the Hell can anyone see him as a gifted person when he's acting like a kid that can't understand it's being silly when it thinks it's doing awesome?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 16:08

Orion1986 wrote:
How the Hell can anyone see him as a gifted person when he's acting like a kid that can't understand it's being silly when it thinks it's doing awesome?
Just to add: when you will be looked down by some ACTORS, Keunsuk, don't cry. You own it.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 13th, '10, 21:35

At least he... was wearing a suit and his hair is up... Yes there is at least that. Maybe it was a joke? Cause you know, when my guy friends want to mess with us girls... they dance like that? Yes, yes, definitely a joke.

Or you know, there's always evil twin to fall back on.

Storm lasted the whole of last night, electricity was cut off from 12 am until 5 am. Winds were damn strong. Water entered our room though not that much and managed to save stuff like printers and laptops. Now that the electricity is back... classes are still on the go. Damn, can't catch a break.

Alright fine! I admit, I found him doing the heart thing... cute. Pretty feminine, but cute... It wasn't kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, but more of awwwwww kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. So there. Hahahahah. But once again I am young and stupid. :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '10, 21:42

Keunsuk at his/her best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmF8cV1jRPY
And even more here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQwhXgL ... re=related
Yong Hwa took it as a man, but Keunsuk jumped to the girl-image right on!

Janajee, glad you saved yourself, and laptop, hehe. Sorry to hear that the classes still going on. Just endure this, and think about the pain and misery keunsuk is going through when sometimes someone asks him to look like a boy :rofl:

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 13th, '10, 22:17

I've seen the parody before... and WHY, WHY, hadn't I noticed that he did that girl part so flawlessly...? WHY WHY WHY???!! *stops herself* No, no, I cannot despair. Sorry Keun Suk deity, sorry! I will stay true and strong.... but damn Keun Suk deity, you are really making it hard!

The video with the make-up.... which one is Yon Hwa? Is that Shin Woo. Awwww see, he did take it like a man, ne ate Ethlenn... *sighs from the deepest bottom of her heart*.

But Jeremy is as always, ADORABLE! He makes me laugh so much. :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '10, 23:02

Tacky clothes - checked
Loads of bling - checked
Nice make-up - checked
Schwarzkopf hair - checked
Enchanting smile - checked

Who could that be? Mata Hari? Adam Lambert? J.LO?
If you still can't guess after so many hints, here's another:
Ah, yes, forgot to mention, I'm p*ssed off, irritated, in a bad mood, and sarcasm-filled today. Even though, I can jhoke, hehe^^
Janajee: evil twin? You're still clinging onto it??

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 14th, '10, 23:39

@Ate Ethlenn; it helps to keep me sane. I gotta cling on to something, right? I'm young, and stupid, and I am happy. Sort of. WAHAHAHA, though I do like the bracelet. But not because it looks good on him. I think it would look pretty good on me. Not helping the picture though. Also, I honestly think that if he cut his hair, or at least have it up, it would definitely improve that picture by so much....

Friend saw it.... "He looks prettier than me.... WHY?" :crazy:

Hahahahahaha
First storm of the season here in the Philippines has just officially ended. There are now currently 20 people confirmed dead, while 60 are now missing. That typhoon caused millions of money down the drain to different businesses. And it's just another day in the great Philip of Pines.

ilikechocolate

Post by ilikechocolate » Jul 15th, '10, 19:38

Hi everyone, I can't help but sign up for an account and joining in after months of lurking.

Just some background:
I first noticed Jang Geun Suk in YAB. I have never bothered to search for Korean dramas online till YAB came along. I usually watch whatever's showing on TV. In fact, I only knew about YAB when I caught it by pure chance while surfing channels. I was soon smitten by this man. After I was done with YAB, I went on a search rampage for him on Youtube. I enjoyed all his CFs but I HAD to click on videos of him in my country like this one:

I thought the resemblance to Michael Jackson was uncanny. Sheesh! How could a man change so much in a few months?! It's such a waste cos he has the potential to look manly hot (just like in BV and even YAB). That's why I love this thread, it's filled with lots of objectivity with no fangirls screaming "SEXYYY" cos he really isn't for now.

I am only still supporting him because of his amazing acting ability. I like his singing voice too!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 15th, '10, 20:03

Welcome, ilikechocolate.
We were providing news and some cute pictures, when he was cute.
When he became a laughing stock, we laugh. You won't find here kyyyaaa-ing fans, because we are too mature for this.
Glad you like some sense in this whole Keunsuk heat. He needs support of fans, but he doesn't need blind fangirls, that's true.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 15th, '10, 20:11

Welcome, ilikechocolate. I'll greet you properly later cause I gotta go back to watching Danny the Dog now, but I'm glad you're here. Love your username too. I love chocolate as well. :P

Yes, we do kyaaa and act starstruck as well, but only when the person does look and act well enough to crate those feelings and mood within us.

The way Keun Suk looks like lately, there's nothing to kyaa about. :glare: Sure, his skills are great and can be brilliant in the future, he's handsome and has a nice voice. He's got it all and yet he can't show it off in the right way.

So, welcome and enjoy. We can be loud sometimes, as you might have seen by your lurking, but we're nice girls. :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 15th, '10, 23:15

@ ilikechocolate: as you perhaps noticed we're pretty b*tchy lately. Feel free to join, as you see, we have enough brains to criticize (that means to objectively see someone). But, we've been slanted for not posting the news. No, those pics are new, really, that is why you all can see our terrified faces.

@:Orion, luv, how's the movie? I'm on my 4th rewatch of QSD, gotta do something with my life, I know.... Now I'm off to some movie, can't spend the night... actually, scratch that, I can, muahahaha!!!

aility

Post by aility » Jul 16th, '10, 07:23

I thought Danny the Dog was pretty crappy... Actually, there aren't many recent movies by Jet Li that I have liked, except for "Fearless". He became too Hollywood, plus his wooden face acting... Aish....

@ilikechocolate: welcome!! :cheers:

Wow, this group is growing... :D

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 16th, '10, 08:58

@ilikechocolate; I love it too! :)

Welcome to the thread. We hold many different views as to why Keun Suk is being the way it is. There are those who believe he truly wants to be a girl. There are those who believe that he is being dragged around by the desires of brainless fangirls.There are even those who believe in the positive, that maybe he's just doing this for a movie, and after this, it too shall pass.

I personally espouse two theories.

The first is that he has an evil twin. In true YAB style, Keun Suk had a freak accident and hence had to go to America to have it fixed. SO he's evil twin sister, decided to replace him for awhile. Unlike Min Yeo (??), she is doing a terrible job.

The second is that he is a form of deity, only testing those who are his true devotees. That's why he's messing with us like this.

But all joking aside. I'm only hoping that this is just a phase, and it too shall pass. PLEASE. Because not only is he gorgeous, but there's the spark of greater talents to be seen. Plus his smile can move mountains..

@Ate aility; yeah, we totally are. Wondering though if I'm still the youngest. HMMMM!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '10, 09:38

Mi Nyeo, darling, but I see you are making progress with Korean names :mrgreen:
Such passion as yourself is reserved only for young people, so I guess you are still our precious little sister :whistling:

Your theories are great, but I have another, similar to the second one. What if HE is being tested by some deity? He is put through all the crap, nonsense, howling fangirls, screeming teenagers, horrendous closets, Tiffany stores, Maybelline promotions... just to test his will? You know, Job in the Bible was also tested. He succeeded, so maybe Keunsuk will do the same?
On the other hand, Odin was aso tested, hanging from the tree upside down, and he got runes for this.
That reminds me... some girls are waking up, you know, yesterday I went to DCGall and I saw buffed up this werewolf guy from Twilight along keunsuk's pic. And some not loud (for now) voices opted for the former. Of course these voices were eaten up alive (hmm...) by kyaaaa-ing specimen of humans(?), but it shines a light on the new shift in seeing his latest image. There were also some harsh voices, but...

And I learned new Korean expression there, you may need it:
우락부락하다: be buffed up, well built (with muscles), I don't know if it's a slang or not...
이렇게 우락부락하는사람은 근석아닙니다, hehehe... (Keunsuk is not this buffed up guy), in polite speech...

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 16th, '10, 09:55

Woot! Fighting!

I totally love that theory. Now I have three theories to hold on to! WOOT! But seriously I'm really hoping that by the end of KWP he'll revert back to his original look. Or you know even the YAB at around the end. I'd even settle for that. Just... be... manly. PLEASE.

I love his acting skills way too much, and his smile, to just let go.

ne Ate Orion?

Hahahahaha :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 16th, '10, 10:40

LOL @
Ethlenn wrote:(hmm...) by kyaaaa-ing specimen of humans(?)
hehe he failed the deity's test if it was about resisting bling and shorttime fangirl-fame =(
the 'michael jackson' like clip is a real shocker. What's with his attitude? Seems he's really enjoying his bath in all the kyaas and flashlights :cry:

:cheers: welcome ilovechocolate :cheers: glad more and more people are voicing their discontent with his late image. Hope he'll get back on track sometime.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '10, 10:56

arakira wrote:What's with his attitude? Seems he's really enjoying his bath in all the kyaas and flashlights :cry:
Looks like he purposely chose the longest way from one entry to another, so he could swim among those flashing lights...

ilikechocolate

Post by ilikechocolate » Jul 16th, '10, 11:42

Thanks for the very warm welcome!! :)

LOL I really like your theories on why he's the way he is. I am really puzzled why he has to be so sparkly. I understand the weight loss bit for KWP but there's no need to be that glittering in real life, isn't it. I will try to be positive and attribute it to poor fashion sense/ bad stylist.

janajee, yes, I think you are still the youngest. I am 20++++++++++++++ heehee. I love his smile too!!

aility

Post by aility » Jul 16th, '10, 11:48

Ethlenn wrote:

Looks like he purposely chose the longest way from one entry to another, so he could swim among those flashing lights...
heh heh heh... I like your wording :D But to give him a break, he was probably doing some fanservice, purposely taking the looong way so all those kyaaaaaaa girls could get a good look at his awesomeness/prettiness, you name it, just like any idol would do. After all, JGS needs to boost up to his ego as well, kyaaaaaa probably works really well as a ego-charger.

@ilikechocolate: dont get started on the sparkly part. he needs to shine, the star that he is, and the sparkly things just adds the little extra :whistling:
janajee is our little baby, maknae ^^

On the bright side (ehem), weekend soon!!!!!! :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

PS: may I just add that all those videos on YouTube from the fansign meeting in Spore are just disturbing. His body... OMG... :blink :blink

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 16th, '10, 12:13

Darn.

Ah well. I'm used to being the ate here, so it does feel nice to be treated as the youngest. It feels pretty great in fact. Alright videos regarding visit to Singapore...

The Michael Jackson one... will remain commentless from me.... Oh wait. I did like his smile. Though I really do wish he didn't leave his hair down like that....

As for the video link by Ate aility...his hair is up! HIS HAIR IS UP! This affects me greatly, is it not obvious. HIS HAIR IS UP. I hate that bloody long hair... I think it's up to the point that I can accept everything... even the sparkly bling... just CUT THAT HAIR. Urgh. :crazy:

Singaporean Guy: Are you hungry?
Keun Suk: Yees.

... He looks like he's been hungry forever, with his body build.

No, no, must focus.

Please, please let this end soon.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '10, 12:34

I just checked and on none of known to me Korean movie websites the leading lady part is not written. I mean, the other lady in NNP, because one girly role has been taken by Keunsuk. There is only his name and director's. Nothing more, even the beginning of shooting. (*give me some rifle, I will shoot, muahaha!!*) That's strange, cause it's 2 months' delay already.
But maybe I'm on the wrong websites, the serious ones...
Should I befriend myself with some pinky-golden websites with falling hearts and sparkles?

I guess no choice, janajee, you will remain our maknae^^

aility

Post by aility » Jul 16th, '10, 12:42

hahaha... maybe that will be the Korean twist, JGS in both roles. That could somewhat explaid his odd behaviour lately, he is testing to see if he can pass for a girl, and he SUCCEEDED!

you dont think the movie will be cancelled? I mean due to lack of a female lead? It has been months since the latest news, and Han Ye-Seul was offered the role in April!

No need to sacrifise yourself Ethlenn, I think we are good with the amount of news that we get about JGS ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 16th, '10, 13:10

I do think it got cancelled. What sane elite lady would like a pet like him?? Maybe they're rewriting the story and let him be found by a little middle-school girl with a pink n glamour fetish. :mrgreen:

Or, as I suspected before, he's preparing for his role in the Korean PrincessPrincess D movie *muwahaha*

haha Ethlenn, don't loose yourself in the web. I'm shaking, afraid of your bitchy mode once you come back from those girly sites .

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 16th, '10, 13:19

Oh, no don't go to sites where you'll end up feeling bad, because when you feel bad (or in this case b*tchy) then that's bad. And as your maknae, I will make use of the young, attempt at being kawaiiiiii young little sister, by selfishly pouting and crying until you smile. It's the trick my youngest nephew always does when he sees me being angry.

MWAHAHAHAHAH

If it's cancelled then why the heck does he not revert back? Hopefully this isn't so because then... then...

I don't think I'll ever like the fact that he's prettier than me :(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '10, 14:21

OK, I'm going to listen to your advice, I went through 3 blogs and just had to take some painkillers, cause my teeth started to ache with all that... (no, not jazz...) sweetness and pastel colors, and butterflies and kyyyaaa...
Somehow I can picture Keunsuk in place of Justin here, sorry if the music is to noisy....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 16th, '10, 15:22

Wow. This thread has been lively while I was sleepin' :P

Ok, I did not check either of the videos mentioned cause I don't want to throw up. And I haven't eaten anything which would make that even more painful. I can imagine though. Hoo boy, can I imagine. :goggle:
ilikechocolate, I like the way you think, my dear. :twisted: You fit right in with us apparently-crazy-and-b*tchy-because-we-don't-adore-the-ground-Keun-Suk-walks-on fans. It's nice to see more and more sane people join.

And sorry to burst some bubles here, but the guy is starring in a movie that's a remake of a shoujo japanese tv series with Matsumoto Jun. He's playing a guy acting like a cute doggy. This movie is for fangirls what catnip is for cats.
So, if the success of YAB was enough to turn him into a Sparkly Clown, do you realize what is gonna happen after this one? If he's still set on pleasing the fangirls after it's done?
Heck, the more he does these kinds of works, the more fangirls will scream and the more he strives to please them, the more stuff like this he'll do. It won't end if he doesn't end it. Well, it will, when they're tired of him and find a new "hottie" to like.

About the movie now, what older female would go near it with a leading guy looking like this? I mean, arakira, your idea wouldn't work, cause such a girl wouldn't have her own place, job etc, but if they replaced Sumire with a guy, that'd work.
The way he looks now, I honestly feel it would look more natural for a guy to fondle him then for him to fondle any woman and not have her burst into laughter about the kind of guy who even thinks she'd like to be fondled by him. :|

Last but not least, I will never ever watch the Michael Jackson video cause the time between now and when I can reach Seoul and give him a big smack across the chops will be torture.
Yes, he does look like someone who enjoys the spotlight. Enjoy it now, princess, because you won't have that for long if you keep acting the way you are. You either live in the spotlight for a short while or gain fans and attention for life.
But my, how come he likes the spotlights? Don't they melt his make up? Doesn't the bling burn his skin? Doesn't the light hurt that Cleopatra skin he has? Weeell, it's the price to pay for being temporarily adored by emotionally handicapped girls. :glare:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '10, 16:13

To quote the last words from Equilibrium: "He pays it gladly".

And no, equilibrium is not something he can maintain. In anything.

ilikechocolate

Post by ilikechocolate » Jul 17th, '10, 02:15

I hope the movie didn't get cancelled!!! I liked the drama and I was looking forward to seeing how he could pull off a Momo that's taller than Sumire-chan.

@janajee: yes I agree he should tie his hair up; can't stand the fact that his hairstyle is so pretty in an absolutely wrong way.

@Orion: good choice not to watch the MJ video, I got a shock when I first saw it. Can you imagine, I was admiring his hotness in YAB and in his CFs and suddenly, BAM! The next video was of him looking the way he is now. Had to tell myself to calm down and accept reality.

@Ethlenn: Hohoho re the equilibrium part.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 17th, '10, 04:26

Right, right? It's totally about the hair. I think I'll be able to accept anything, if he just cuts his hair or wears it manly enough. I'll be able to accept it. I swear....

(Except maybe that desire of his to make dresses. I don't think I'll be ever to accept that.)

Evil twin, you've had your fun. End this now! :angry:

Hahahahahhah

:'( Please end this now. Huhuhuhuhu.

He's a pretty versatile actor so I'm pretty sure that if he does that movie, it's going to be a great thing to watch - skill wise. I just hope that ate Orion is wrong when it comes to the fact that he'll have to do more stuff like this... becoming girlier and girlier.

Keun Suk said that he wanted to beat Rain as number one actor. And maybe he might. I mean maybe he's just immersing himself in his character, and he'll break off it soon after another offer for a movie comes along...

I don't even know if I'm making any sense now.

I just don't want this movie to be his molding character for the rest of his actor life.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 05:06

Beat Rain? Rain is the awesome actor he aims to beat?... *tries hard not to laugh, but considers she's only seen him in Ninja Assassin* Ok... I'm cool...

Anyway, that aside, Momo is a male. A manly guy who is a dancer. None of that includes dressing as a woman and being weak and frail. If it's cause it makes him feel graceful and it will help with the dancing bits, fine.
But I don't think he's THAT meticulous about his preparation. I don't think a guy who doesn't even go through the trouble to read the original work his movie will be based on would go to such legths to make sure he feels graceful enough.

And you can bet his agency and fangirls will want more of what he's giving them now after the movie. If he gives that to them, then that's it. He'll be 100% into heartthrob/idol status and will only get characters made for fangirls in series/movies made for fangirls.
He's 23 and 24 in Korean years. He's too old to still think he has time to enjoy fangirls and still get his serious actor career and image later on. Even if he starts now, it'll probably take 2-3 good and mature works to establish him as an actor and it won't be easy.

Like I've said before. He either forgets being an idol millions of girls go kyaa over and starts being an actor, which he is and a fine one to boot, or he can just enjoy his fangirls and maaaaybe have his serious career waaay later if he manages to climb out of the idol hole.
It's just a prediction based on how fangirls "adore" an idol and how such a fanbase puts serious viewers AND movie/series makers off. When people are about to check out an actor and see that he's the kind of guy girlies go kyaa over, they won't take said actor seriously.

Heck, it happens all the time. Was talking about it with Ethlenn. Matsumoto Jun. Some tell me he's nice, but seeing so many girls going gaga and "Matsujun Matsujun, kyaaaa!" over him puts me off.
When I see an actor having such a fanbase, I assume he's some talentless guy that just looks good and shakes his ass for the fangirls, cause that's what idols are usually all about. I won't take the time to even check out his works.

It works like that for any serious viewer. Had I known Keun Suk's fanbase was like this or had I seen what the man, not the characters, is actually like, I would have never gone near him and I would have missed out on some awesome acting.
I get talentless people leaning on fangirls to get their money and popularity. They can't act, sing, whatever and they need to "blind" teens with their stardom to get attention and money. So you expect ONLY talentless guys to act that way.

Why oh why would a man who CAN have an awesome fanbase including these kinds of girls throw that away and pigeonhole himself as JUST an idol and not a kick ass actor he can be and is?
Fangirls are a double edged sword. Good to make money WHEN you don't have what it takes to impress and make money with your skills. But fangirls drag you into idol status and that sucks if you've got more to offer that shaking your ass and showing your underwear. :glare:
Last edited by Orion1986 on Jul 17th, '10, 05:26, edited 3 times in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 17th, '10, 05:13

Wahahah, he's not really great when it comes to Hollywood movies. But he was pretty good in Full House. Hahahah it's one of the classics, or so I've heard. Hahahaha :)

Aww, ate orion, you're being cruel again. Hahahahaha. I kid. A miracle could happen and everything could actually miraculously work right? Maybe he'll be the Johnny Depp of Korea or something. The Johnny Depp who can do anything. Keun Suk's just establishing the fact that he can do weird looks first, since he's already established the manly look.

One can still hope ne?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 05:20

Jana, dear, do you see Johnny Depp walking around dressed as Captain Sparrow just to show people he can act quirky? Nope. He's an actor. A good one. Doesn't need to show it in his public image cause the works speak for themselves.
If Keun Suk wanted to establish the fact that he's versatile in appearances and styles, he should do it through his works, not his public image. And it's not just about fashion. He's acting like a moron.
Does he want to show he can play even the part of a gender confused male bimbo who lives and breathes for attention from immature spoiled little brats? Well, if he's really gunning for such a role, then he's doing well showing he can pull that off.

Sorry, not convinced. There's hope, yes. Hope that he'll come to his senses or stop following the agency's and fangirls' orders, if that's what this is all about. We can never know what the man is thinking of who he really is.
But if he is the kind of fame crazy, fangirl doormat, shallow guy he shows himself to be lately, I don't think he cares about anything but getting more screams and tears and girls dressed as pig-rabbits.

And that would be disappointing and wasting one's talent. Which would be a shame cause natural and awesome talent can be very hard to come by nowadays.
Especially in such industries that are all about getting more and more cash and often ignoring good quality works for the sake of giving shallow people with deep pockets their thrills.

I know it's painful Jana, dear. It's pretty bad for me too. :doh: Talent getting wasted is a sad sad thing and I really have high hopes for this one. So do all his real fans, I'm sure. We can just wait, b*tch and hope. Who knows, maybe someone will eventually listen to us too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 10:50

You know what they say: Hope is a mother to fools. In Keunsuk case, I'm the orphan then.

We can name countless reasons starting from evil twins and agency, but basically this is about him. I don't believe if he didn't want it, no one had the power to force him. Management and directors can throw the actors to hell, they are tyrants sometimes, and Hand of Punishment. But even with it, a good actor can manage to do everything on himself.
Example? We all know how quick tempered Russell Crowe is. We all know what son of the b*tch Ridley Scott is. When those two gentlemen were making Gladiator, there were the earthquakes and armaggedons everyday. Scott wanted to shoot the scene like this, Crowe opposed, Scott didn't want certain lines, Crowe opposed. They hated each other like fire and ice. But what we got? One of the greatest movies!! (ok, I'm a fan of those two Artists, as well as the movie, so...).

So if I read that he will copy somebody's acting and not read the original work for the movie, man, my expectations just hit the new low. I wonder if there is something lower than that, because right now, Keunsuk plays with his diamonds earrings and necklaces at the bottom of Mariana Trench.
Actors should have their role models, I wonder who is Keunsuk's. He wants to beat Rain? With what? With a bracelet? Newly made dress or belt? Because Rain was nominated to Asian Oscars, mind you. He may be not the greatest actor, but he works really hard. If you don't believe just watch I'm a Cyborg but That's OK.

He was born to be the star. That doesn't mean he was born to be a serious actor.
Sometimes those two names go along, but usually don't.
He loves spotlight, he loves those crowds of zombie fangirls, he loves to hear his name in high A. But just don't lament later over lack of privacy, because I don't think there is a thing that fangirls don't know about him. He gives everything he has. This is not what serious actors do. Every one of them HAS to possess some mystery, some hidden fact not available to the public.
You mentioned Depp, OK, he's a star, he's a good actor (not that great, don't go that far), but does he exhibit himself in every magazine? Sometimes it's easy to find out what kind of person someone is, even without knowing personally.
Just look at the body language through interviews, and read interviews paying attention to details. I said it once and it put me off Keunsuk really fast, although I put the blame on his young age. About his ideal woman. he said: "A woman with a great sense of dressing".
I guess he spoke about himself.

Keunsuk appeared this year in many magazines, Korean and Japanese alike. The next year he will probably release autobiography (written by someone who can write something else than his own name). In two years, a blockbuster movie will be released about the national star Jang Keunsuk.

I'm harsh, OK, but I don't find what he does now respectable, I don't find him attractive. I was wondering, if we met, what we could talk about? About Keunsuk? About new line of Marc and Jacobs? Thank you very much.

OK, you can throw eggs, tomatoes, olives and some cheese. I'm gonna make some pasta.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 17th, '10, 11:22

Harsh but true words, Ethlenn dear.

Not reading an original work but copying is the bottom line and i still can't believe he even admitted that proudly. Immersing oneself in a role should start with the original story, doing research and maybe experiencing some things first hand.

Being a good actor has nothing to do with becoming the roles or acting them out in private. Nor does it mean to bathe in flashlights wherever you go and do the Michael Jackson every day.

Matsujun and Rain are idols becoming actors and they are both working hard to improve their acting. But they are not gifted, talented proffessional actors. If he really wanted to become a great actor, he should choose different role models. He's talented, yes. But he's not an actor yet. He's still just another idol/teen-star.

Like Jonny Depp, you mentioned. He seems to be a calm family person in private but he keeps his family and especially his adorable kids out of the spotlights. Seeing him in interviews or on the red carpet, I can't see anything but a fine gentleman, who's damn hot and a fine actor who knows how to choose his roles.

I can't see anything but an idot-princess looking at Keun Suk atm and I'm really not sure whether he could ever shed that image and become an actor in my eyes. He would need a drastic change of attitude and some serious roles first. What got me interested in him was that i thought he's like an unrefined youngster with loads of talent who just could become amazing. COULD!

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 17th, '10, 12:10

It's painful, especially since I only became an avid fan recently. It feels really bad because he was like the second actor I've ever gotten serious in learning about, and I'm like maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. That's why it's so hard to give up hope.

I mean other than Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr., whom I totally respect as great actors, and these two other Filipino actors whom I adore (named Vhong Navarro and Jericho Rosales), it's Lee Min Ho and Keun Suk. In fact they're the only actors, when I think of them, I think of their real name and not as the characters that they played, because I want to really remember them.

It's just annoying really, I guess.

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 17th, '10, 13:10

For dear Orion and who ever tht still holds hope for dear JGS. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 13:20

Daryn, thanks, but there is not a single pic from this year. It's dwelling in the past...

Perhaps the poor soul that created the video is still in shock and denies reality?

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Jul 17th, '10, 13:22

I know.

And yes, tht's most probably the case. ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 13:42

I can't deny reality. I'm not that kind of person. Denying it won't make it go away. Face it and try to fix it, that's the way to go. I agree with all you say, ladies, you know that.
See, I don't mind him saying he likes girls that dress nice. That's his personal life and whatever floats his boat is fine, even if it's a shallow statement. Couldn't care less about his private life statements or underwear, for that matter.

But I had never feared for his acting and methods before. NOW I'm disappointed in those as well. Copying Matsumoto? The Oscar deserving actor? First of all, copying shows lack of talent and secondly, "learn" from someone better, damn it. Not another idol like you!
Also, not reading the manga? Where do you think the series and character you're copying came from, you idiot? Plus, what an insult is that to the woman who put HER talent and HER art in the thing to write and illustrate it?

Ethlenn, I will disagree on the Scott/Crowe thing. That's Hollywood and they were both already quite famous. Korea, their culture and way of doing things is different. This doesn't get him out of the doghouse though.
I mean, sure, he might not have the power yet to decide on changing the movie/series as he wants to, he's not important enough yet for people to listen to him, BUT there's no way on God's green Earth that he can't deny being a circus freak for them as he is.

He is either allowing this and/or enjoying this, both of which are disappointing and career killers. You want to be a showgirl? Fine. Become an idol/singer and you can shake your ass all you want in front of screaming fangirls.
If you're just gonna copy others and let your acting skills to go the dogs, quit the movie world and let other, hopefully non-idol, actors take your place. You can't have your cake and eat it. Either you focus on your acting and calm down with the showmanship or be a clown.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 14:05

It's not quite the same case, but the director of Bad Guy wanted Gun Wook to wear flat caps. KNG said he won't, he just had one in one episode or two. Director had to yield. (damn it, he looked so good in flat caps^^). But this is how the matters are resolved. But then again, we don't talk about the idol thing here.

I think Keunsuk made one mistake and no one corrected him: he took word "actor" for "entertainer". Those aren't quite the same.
And this proves him stupid and unable to learn from the dramas/movies he's made. As if there was nothing in it. YAB, as shallow as it was, showed some really harsh sides of entertainment. Remember the episode with raddish? What the band did before they got famous? This should hit him now. Because he's doing the same stupid things, the difference is that he doesn't need to, he's famous already.
Movies and dramas have their purpose, not only for the viewers. Sure, they entertain, but most of the well respected actors often say that they learned something through that experience, they gained new abilities, etc.
He did YAB, and like that erased everything?

Oh no, he did learn something: how to make a perfect smoky eyes^^

I think he lives in some bubble right now, it's nice fluffy, warm bubble, and world is such a cruel place! Why would anyone leave this nice bubble inside which one is worshipped as 8th World Wonder just to face the reality? His agency wants to protect him (and removing any chance for him to compete, to show skills), he wants to feel safe and loved.
Nothing wrong with that.
When you're 6.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 15:04

Exactly. An actor entertains and educates with his acting skills. An entertainer might go into acting, but only as a means to entertain and not really to create art with his acting. Keun Suk is acting like the latter right now.

You can tell by his works that since 06 and One Missed Call at least, he's been the same. I mean, he didn't really get better, he's just as great as he was. But is he happy forever being a good enough, but not great actor? He's good, but he needs to move forward.
That won't happen if he goes about it copying other performances and just doing what he always does. It's nice, but an actor has to mature and get better and better, like you say. Otherwise, these are the kind of teen rom-com roles he'll always get.

His agency also doesn't seem to give a damn about his acting skills and future as an actor. They have their money cow and fangirls worship it like they're in India. There's good money to be made like that.
He shakes his ass and makes money for them. They're not gonna want him to pursue something which helps him and his talent and not their pocket. At least it won't bring as much money as his idiocy does now unless he becomes a high caliber actor.

Of course he wants to be safe and loved. But is he really safe by riding this short-lived, unpredictable and cruel horse called fame? And is he really loved when his fangirls see his clothes and bling and care more about the image than the man himself?
He might not have such a huge fanbase if he turns serious, but THAT'S safe. Cause the fanbase you have then and the respect you earn is what keeps you floating. You have something then, that doesn't go away from one day to the next.
Fangirls and idol status will lift you up, celebrate you and then throw you in the abyss when they're done and have someone new to move on to. If he thinks it's safe to sit around and wait for that moment when he'll lose it all, fine. Carry on then.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 17:04

Remember the leopard patterned shirt and hat with embroidered bling?
This was nothing, I found the whole photoshoot for it.
I will not comment, you are watching on your own responsibility. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 17:53

Oh we know Jang Keun Suk. We just don't understand or like him as he is lately... Aaand here we go again with the manly and proper postures.
Yes Keun Suk. That's how mature 23 year old men should pose for the camera. Don't forget to lick your fingers too.

Strip, put on some pink panties while you're at it and start washing a car by rubbing yourself up and down on it. Then we can print that for any cheap gay porn magazine.
And I say cheap because I'm sure the "classier" ones will have healthy and muscular handsome men on and not weak skinny idiots.

Male gay slut. Excellent image to represent someone who wants a serious career. Just like the most cliche flaming uke from yaoi. Which we all know, are an insult to gay men most of the time.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 20:26

I'm here only for all of you ladies (no, not you Keunsuk, cause you're not lady! ). Looks like the movie is on hold. And I even know why. Perhaps Keunsuk demanded the change in the script in which he will be aspiring female ballerina who will struggle with his/her inner self and hostility of society to become Korea first transgender ballet dancer.

This scared the crap out of Han Ye Seul, and of producers. Negotiations are in the progress.

Forgot about joke tags. OK, I wasn't joking at all...

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 17th, '10, 20:55

There's nothing good about that photo shoot.

The closest thing there to a manly pose was the first picture.

This is definitely totally frustrating.

It's breaking my chi of focus of cheering my fave actors on is what it's doing.

He's so thin, and hair is so long, and why Keun Suk? Why do you feel to pose like a freaking girl? It's not helping anybody, damn it.

Well at least he's not making a dress.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 21:45

He's not posing like any girl. He's posing like an underwear model or a Playboy bunny. He's posing like a slutty girl.

TimeLesSub
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TimeLesSub » Jul 17th, '10, 22:35

wait, wrong account. whoops! LOL...

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Jul 17th, '10, 22:39

I hate to interrupt because you girls seem to be having so much fun ripping on poor JGS. I've never understood anti-fans but I see now how they get born. When I looked in this forum a month ago, the tone was so light and playful and fun. Yes, he was a little swishy and you all were making fun of him for it, but I still sensed a lot of love and acceptance. Right now, if I were Geun Suk and I read this forum I would seriously curl into a ball and cry, I would be so hurt.

I know you all are just amusing yourselves, but do you really think he deserves that? Because of the way he chooses to dress and wear his hair for crying out loud? If he likes to feel pretty, what's the problem? If he's happy doing that, why can't you be happy for him? If he wants to be a man onscreen and a flaming gay transvestite in his private life, so what? He's not any of our boyfriends nor any of our husbands, nor was he likely to ever be. What he wears has nothing to do with any of us.

As long as he still delivers the same powerful, beautiful performances onscreen that he's being delivering so far, I will be happy. And I hope to God he is also happy... and we don't end up with another dead talented Korean actor who committed suicide because he was depressed because his "fans" have gutted his self-esteem and he felt he couldn't be himself.

Geun Suk, fighting!! You rock even if you wear a dress, my boy!!

(And I think he looks hot in makeup. LOL)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '10, 22:46

We're not antis.
We cared for his career.
He can be himself, I don't have to like it though.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 17th, '10, 23:06

I didn't understand it at first, but now I kinda get it.

I will never be an anti of him, because like Ate Orion said, there's just waaaay to much going on for him to just throw away. I know he isn't my boyfriend, I already have one. But damn it, I really hope he doesn't waste it with the things that he's doing right now. I want to see him soar to high heights, and it's becoming short of impossible with each step he's taking.

It annoys me to death.

I really respect the guy, with his skills and stuff, but damn it, damn it, damn it, can't he just act normal so that serious projects would come his way. Because if he doesn't wake up soon, they might never come.

I don't like ripping him, but what else can I do? He's being such an idiot lately, and I really wish he would stop doing so, because he can do so much better. Plus I really want him to have some more projects, and I also don't want him to be forgotten.

Also, if I were anti him, I wouldn't even participate in such a thread. Just like I wouldn't even participate in a thread dedicated to Edward of Twilight.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 17th, '10, 23:16

He can be himself in his private life. He can be gay or a transvestite. I wouldn't mind that. If he was a RESPECTABLE one. It's not the femininity that's disappointing. It's the fact that he's acting like a clown as part of his public image.
A guy might have a cuff fetish, but would he, if a serious actor, show it off to the world? Well, if Keun Suk likes dressing up as part of his private life, he should keep it there. And his underwear for that matter. Not leak it out to his public appearance and seem like a flake.

As for his acting, it's good. It's been good since 2006. But it hasn't improved at all. He was good in 06 and he's just as good now. Do you call that improving? Cause if he spends more time shaking his ass for the fangirls than on his skills, yes, as a fan, I do mind.

If you think this is amusing for fans who have invested good time and even money to see and buy his works only to see him go down the idol "kyaaa" lit path, you're mistaken. We just know that wearing dresses will never get him the serious actor status he claims to want.

As for the actor you mention, well, if a man lets a bunch of strangers get him down and disrespects the gift of life he's been given over something like that, he's either weak or depressed and I can forgive the latter.
We've mentioned many times before that this is exactly what we're afraid of. Kid/teen/idol actors have short-lived careers and for some, the loss of fame is devastating. I prefer to make him cry now and know he'll be safe later on.

And in case people haven't realised it, I'm not just answering to yenchan69 here because I've said before, I won't write the same things to people that disrespect my opinion. Plus, most of our bashers strike and go, as all cowards do.
This is for lurkers out there who think that if enough fangirls show up and disrespects us, we'll forget our values and give up. We're here to stay, people. We know this man can do great things and as long as there's hope, we're here.

And if he doesn't change, well then, yenchan69, you can enjoy all his dresses and make up and silly dancing acts as much as you want. Maybe he'll even shave his eyebrows like Kame and be even "prettier". He's all yours girls, if he does.
I admire actors/artists with talent who use it the right way and show that to their fans as a sign of their respect for their support. Not idols who shake their booty to get some screams and diss their serious fans and talent for the sake of some blushing idiots.

If he chooses fame over art, then and only then, will I stop being his fan. There are other, respectable people to admire and far more handsome idol guys to go "kyaa" over that aren't acting like such clowns.

Maybe Keun Suk should take a long and hard look at his fanbase and decide if this is really the kind of crowd he wants to give power over his career and life to from now on. We're not antis, but all those girls can be, the moment he makes the wrong move.
If he really enjoys having such shallow and fickle people around him that will never let him be serious because shallowness and glam is all they see and want, fine. He shouldn't complain other actors don't take him seriously then.

Said it before, if that's how he makes his bed, that's how he's gotta sleep in it. And him and his fans should at least try and use any brain cells they got left to tell antis from serious and loyal fans. I know thinking gives you ouchies, but do try.

yenchan69

Post by yenchan69 » Jul 18th, '10, 00:41

Orion1986 wrote: As for the actor you mention, well, if a man lets a bunch of strangers get him down and disrespects the gift of life he's been given over something like that, he's either weak or depressed and I can forgive the latter.
We've mentioned many times before that this is exactly what we're afraid of. Kid/teen/idol actors have short-lived careers and for some, the loss of fame is devastating. I prefer to make him cry now and know he'll be safe later on.

And in case people haven't realised it, I'm not just answering to yenchan69 here because I've said before, I won't write the same things to people that disrespect my opinion. Plus, most of our bashers strike and go, as all cowards do.
This is for lurkers out there who think that if enough fangirls show up and disrespects us, we'll forget our values and give up. We're here to stay, people. We know this man can do great things and as long as there's hope, we're here.
For the record, I wasn't bashing your opinion... I'm just not sure you realize how incredibly hurtful it sounds. Somebody doesn't have to be "weak" to be hurt by other people saying mean things. He's human. He's a 22-year-old boy. He's trying to find his way as best he can, like most other young people. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he knows how to manage life any better than anyone else. You should see some of the crap I wore and stupid things I did when I was 22! LOL!! (I attended my college classes in a full-on top hat and trenchcoat. Really. I did. )

If you think I was disrespecting you, what do you think you are doing to him? I didn't call you names or tell you that your opinion was wrong and stupid. I asked if you think he deserves to be pilloried like this. And I guess your answer is... yes? Since you prefer to "make him cry now"? Do u think you're doing him a favor as a "real" fan, since I must clearly not be one if I don't agree with you and pile him with insults for his own good?

And by the way, anti-fans aren't fans who don't like an artist and ignore him. They are people who spend a lot of time and energy in breaking him down. Sorta like what you're doing, if u realize it or not.

And please don't get upset at my opinions. I would just like to see more peace and love in the world, and I honestly didn't think you guys realize how you sound to others right now. Especially, like I said, I may not post here but I do read it often and last month you guys were funny, not cruel.

Y.

Melissa100

Post by Melissa100 » Jul 18th, '10, 01:00

I don't see him doing anything out of the ordinary for an Asian entertainer. I like that he is playful and doesn't take himself too seriously. I do see where the "anti's" are coming from, though. I just don't think his behavior is really a sign of anything a female fan needs to worry about.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 18th, '10, 01:19

yenchan69 wrote:
And please don't get upset at my opinions. I would just like to see more peace and love in the world, and I honestly didn't think you guys realize how you sound to others right now. Especially, like I said, I may not post here but I do read it often and last month you guys were funny, not cruel.

Y.
That's strange, cause a month ago we were realy b*tchin'.

If any of you read the whole thread, you would have noticed that we are commenting many different things here. We were talking about religions, we posted here some stuff about mythologies, about cooking, about our classes and so on. So if you by accident stepped on the post saying:"idols are idiots", it doesn't mean we were referring to Keunsuk, but it was a part of the broader discussion. Because we don't build walls around, and we don't stick only to anything that has Keunsuk in it.
We are writing here everything we want regarding our personal opinions even on pasta or alcohol.

And believe me, we are not spending our whole days here just to conceive the new way of bashing the poor baby. OK, maybe I spend a lot of time here recently, but first, I'm a uploader, thank you very much, secondly, I'm on my fully deserved summer holiday from work.

We comment. few pages back Orion and Janajee posted some hot pictures of Keunsuk, didn't anyone notice it? If anyone say around us Beethoven Virus, we are starting to drool.

Antis hate people. How can I hate someone I feel pity for? Because yes, we are loud, and seriously I hope our voices will count when the Judgment Day will come (and Arnie with it^^). Because fanbase it's not only kyyyyaing group. Because fanbase it's not only drawing hearts and clouds in Paint. It's cracking down on something that needs to be cracked down.
Sorry, but I'm not into entertaining stuff. He may not differentiate from other Asian entertainers, but I don't look for them. I'm looking for actors, and for those I can support (I guess you don't realise how supportive I can be when someone deserves it).

Melissa100, are you saying that a female fan should be pleased and not worried about his image? He was a man I wouldn't realease from bed in Beethoven Virus, really. But now? I just don't find him interesting as he is now. I have the right to say it.
I'm a female (less attractive than him at the moment) but I don't feel anything, not a knot in my stomach, not a rush of blood (ok, I never did with him, but just to emphasize).

I guess I'm beating the wall, but we are not antis, and the fact that we don't approve doesn't make us them.
I hope we will be able soon to post better pictures of him. Proving he's taking his career seriously.

Peace out, ladies!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 18th, '10, 01:24

We've been understanding and we've been trying to make excuses for him too. A while back. But after a certain point, it gets too much. Sure he's a human like anyone else and he gets hurt. Sure 22 year olds can act crazy (23 to 24 btw), but not when they are celebrities.
A celebrity has the responsibility towards his profession and fans to be respectable and show good character. Even if he's too young or "innocent" to know that, his agency should have told him and I find it hard to believe he's ignorant after being in the industry so long.

Also, we've always said here, that we judge by what we see because we don't know the man. We don't know he's stupid. We think he's stupid because he chooses to show such a persona off in his public life. He acts immature and not focused on his work.
If he doesn't want to be perceived that way by intelligent people, it's up to him to change, not us to go there, meet him and find out his real character and what he aims to do with his career. No person that isn't "simple" enough to blinded by his shenaningans will like him as he is now.

People/strangers see what the actors and agencies want us to see and we form an opinion of a guy's goals in his career based on that. When we see someone acting immature and stupid to please fangirls, that's what we see. We can't change it. He can, not us.
When you see someone appearing they live and breathe for fame and the spotlight, of course you'll fear that such a person would sacrifice the improvement of his skills/art for the sake of being a clown for fans.
He played Tae Kyung and now girls go nuts and he seems to love that and do everything in his power to use that for more buzz. Doesn't that scare any reasonable fan that he'll keep playing such teen rom-com characters to keep that fame flame alive?

You must see the difference between insults, jokes and advice/critique. Our jokes are cruel, but they're jokes. We need to lighten the mood once in a while cause this is making us all sad and we won't get anywhere if we sob 24/7.
Insults are not made for improvement or with best interests in mind. Insults are made simply to hurt a person and make sure they fail. Advice may appear as insult, in that it can be hard and brutally honest, but it's done with good intentions.

We all here want to see him be a succesful and skilled actor. One with a steady fanbase of mature people that will admire and respect him for life. He says he wants that and so we assume that would make him happy and therefore, us too.
So if he does want that and it will make him happy and he does want to be taken seriously, this is not the way to go. If fame and fangirls' screams is all he's after and it really makes him happy, it's fine as well. I won't be his fan anymore if his career suffers, but I'll accept it.

Melissa, you use the word "entertainer" which is a keyword here. He is an entertainer right now. Focused on multi-tasking and pleasing crowds instead of being a pure actor. It's fine it it makes him happy, but if the "idol/entertainer" status remains for long, going to "serious actor" one will be tougher and tougher.
He's already 23 to 24. Getting a bit too old for this. Plus, I haven't seen any actor of his age and caliber (actor who is supposedly focused on acting) dressing like this and acting like this. If they all do it and manage to juggle a respectable acting career at the same time, fine. I'll be happy.

But usually, when serious movie goers and tv buffs see guys like him, they run for dear life, because right now, he's saying "I don't have talent or don't trust it and just resolve to silly clowning to get attention cause I don't think my acting can do that for me". It might seem weird, but it is so.
People are cruel and simple. They don't bother taking a second deeper look at anything if the "wraps" are not to their liking. Especially with actors and celebrities. All it takes is for someone to rub you the wrong way and you just go to the next one.
We know he's got talent and can make it even better, but if he doesn't show us AND possible new fans that he's serious, can you blame us for being sad? He won't be the first to let fame get to his head. He's showing all the signs of being on a high horse and not seeing the ground anymore.

Then, what am I supposed to do as a real fan? Heck, if my friends make mistakes or act like idiots, I deal with them the same way and they all appreciate my honesty. He should be honored we're even taking the time and bothering with his career cause that's what fans do.
Should I shut up and ignore it all? Cause maybe I'm harsh sometimes, but people who just stay silent don't deserve to be called real fans. Or should I go "kyaaaa" to please fangirls and him and then go "oops, sorry" when his career does get stuck on "entertainer"?

All the girls here saw something amazing in this guy. We were all "kyaa" at some point since we didn't know much about his public image (plus, it was better) and we saw a young man trying hard for his profession and art.
We all thought "Well, he didn't improve much in the last few years, but he's probably about to start strong in a while". We were expecting that cause he himself said he wants to be a serious actor. We were expecting a guy that will be more and more mature and focused.
And istead, he's going backwards. I'm sorry, but Goldie-Vest isn't what a man who claims to be gunning for a serious career looks like. We're disappointed, sad, scared for the future and we choose, as good fans do, to speak up about our worries to other fellow fans and possibly him.

If that's not appreciated or solicited and all he and his fans and agency want is a perfect bubble of cheers and kyaa's around him devoid of any critique and objectivity for the sake of betterment, fine. They can just ignore us. If that's the case, we'll know soon enough and move on.

Ethlenn, love, if it comes to Judgment Day for Keun Suk to listen then it means only Arnie can beat some sense into him. Or possibly Chuck Norris. Then again, Chuck will probably be busy holding the sky up or something. :rofl:

P.S: This is one mother of a post. My fingers are burning.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 18th, '10, 01:37

See this is why I'm the youngest here, because they're all really cool with their words, whilst I just go...

"But... but... but!!!" And then run crying like a baby. Wachachachachaaaaaa. Anyway, obviously I agree with Ate Ethlenn and Ate Orion.

Keun Suk is awesome, but right now he isn't being very cool. I can't wait until he goes back to being awesome, and I'm holding on that hope that he'll be awesome again. BECAUSE I KNOW HE CAN. He maybe enjoying himself, he maybe forcing himself, but whatever the case, I hope he can start being serious again when it comes to his acting career.

That's why I'm looking forward to KWP. I know he's going to be awesome in it, because he's got the talent for it. Yes, even after all he has said about copying and not reading the original work, which totally disappointed me, I still have high hopes that KWP is going to be awesome, because he has never disappointed me yet. I hope he won't with this one.

Being a fan doesn't mean always saying nice things about him, even though I always try to look for the good things there.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 18th, '10, 01:41

You're one relentlessly sunny and optimistic individual, Jana, love. I'm glad you're here to calm our wrecked nerves and soothe our bleeding hearts with your sweetness.
Cause, apparently, we're b*tches from Hell on wheels so we need all the calmness we can get. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 18th, '10, 01:45

And she delivered.
I have my hopes on you, Jana, because I can take all my hopes I had for Keunsuk, and put them on you.
That's right, I will cheer for you from now on.
Glad you found your way to this thread. ( I almost typed threat, muahahaha).

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 18th, '10, 01:46

Awwww. You aren't b*tches at all. You guys just aren't afraid to give tough love, and sometimes the world needs it. I need it to snap me out sometimes, and right now, Keun Suk REALLY needs it.

Though I think I said "awesome" way too much in that last post. Hahahaha, I tend to be redundant, don't I?

Edit: Awww Ate Ethlenn, I love this thread! It has scarred me for life in some areas though (the video with the dress! THAT VIDEO WITH THAT DRESS!), but this thread is, need I say it again, AWESOME :)
I just watched the first episode of Psych Season 5 and it is beyond MIND BLOWING. Hahahaha, just had to share it someone. James Roday is one kickass funny actor. I love him. I love him!