who is the best cryer??

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Post Reply

who is the best cryer???

song hye kyo
60
44%
lee da hae
48
35%
yoon eun hye
17
12%
eugene kim
12
9%
 
Total votes: 137

User avatar
majing_28
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 5th, '07, 10:02
Location: japan

who is the best cryer??

Post by majing_28 » Feb 10th, '07, 02:43

i`m just wondering whom among this great actresses do you think is the best cryer ever.....

for my the best actress is song hye kyo in funny or sad scenes her acting is great and very natural but when it comes in crying no one can cry like lee da hae its like she is really hurting inside (thats just my oppinion)
Last edited by majing_28 on Mar 27th, '07, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
Image
:D bikyo forever!!! :D

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1449
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Feb 10th, '07, 02:56

Gimme a break, my friend. The "best crier" isn't even on your list! (or the second one, imho)

The #1 tear queen in Korean drama is without a doubt the ever-lovely, ever-tragic Choi Ji Woo!!!!

Second place to Kim Hee Sun, but that's debatable...
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » Feb 10th, '07, 04:51

I SAY IT"S SONG HYE KYO

User avatar
Eziya Minamoto
Posts: 90
Joined: Dec 27th, '06, 23:47
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Feb 10th, '07, 04:56

I agree with the above....Ignoring the fact that Stairway to Heaven drove me crazy...Choi Ji Woo is clearly the best crier...
I am always around...Somewhere out there.

Currently Watching:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [ep 5]
Kurosagi [ep 10]


sundalongqueso
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 11:45

Post by sundalongqueso » Feb 10th, '07, 05:57

No offense but... This poll seems stupid. :lol What's next? Best laugher? Most goodlooking when facing backwards? Best legs? I really think polls should focus more on the person as a whole and not put too much attention on very specific things... I mean crying is just one part of acting right? Anyway, SONG HYE KYO STILL!

User avatar
CallaLillieszz
Posts: 119
Joined: May 24th, '06, 03:29

Post by CallaLillieszz » Feb 10th, '07, 07:17

booyah!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Lee da hae >>Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kakakaak

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 328
Joined: May 30th, '06, 00:29

Post by strawberrie1210 » Feb 10th, '07, 07:37

yoon eun hye! each time she cries, i can see the pain and sadness within her. and oh yeah, she cries till her eyes get realllllyyyy red. bwahahha. :mrgreen:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1449
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Feb 10th, '07, 08:29

sundalongqueso wrote:No offense but... This poll seems stupid. :lol What's next? Best laugher? Most goodlooking when facing backwards? Best legs? I really think polls should focus more on the person as a whole and not put too much attention on very specific things... I mean crying is just one part of acting right? Anyway, SONG HYE KYO STILL!
See, that's the thing, we're allowed to be stupid here...

Best legs? Best behind? Both are a toss-up between Eugene and Song Hye Gyo. (Short and shapely...)
Best front (and yes, I mean those): Song Hye Gyo and Han Chae Young. (not a huge category to me...)
Best eyes? Han Ga In, Kim Hee Sun, and Eugene. (expressive and gorgeous)
Best lips? Eugene & Jeon Ji Hyuen (full and kissable)
Best hair? JJH (that old hair commercial sticks in my head)
Best voice? Han Ga In and Lee Dae Hae (HGI's slight gravelly thing drives me nuts!)
Best belly? JJH (see that dance CG thing....)
Best eyebrows? Son Ye JIn and Kim Jung Hwa (Yeah, I like thick and bushy...)

Any I forgot? I'm sure there are somewhere....


And with all those, favorite overall actresses: Eugene and Han Ga In, with honorable mention to Choi Ji Woo, Kim Hee Sun, JJH.

I'd toss Han Ga In right up there in the crying category, now that I mention it.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
kobe23
Posts: 699
Joined: Jun 6th, '06, 23:19
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by kobe23 » Feb 10th, '07, 14:39

Best Crier = Lee Da Hae (Watch Green Rose for evidence and some scenes in My Girl.)
aNToK wrote:
Best legs? Best behind? Both are a toss-up between Eugene and Song Hye Gyo. (Short and shapely...)
Best front (and yes, I mean those): Song Hye Gyo and Han Chae Young. (not a huge category to me...)
Best eyes? Han Ga In, Kim Hee Sun, and Eugene. (expressive and gorgeous)
Best lips? Eugene & Jeon Ji Hyuen (full and kissable)
Best hair? JJH (that old hair commercial sticks in my head)
Best voice? Han Ga In and Lee Dae Hae (HGI's slight gravelly thing drives me nuts!)
Best belly? JJH (see that dance CG thing....)
Best eyebrows? Son Ye JIn and Kim Jung Hwa (Yeah, I like thick and bushy...)
Legs = Yoon Eun Hye and Son Yeh Jin (Shapely and athletic, not too thin)
Front = Son Yeh Jin and Song Hye Kyo (Rather not comment about this one)
Eyes = Go Ah Ra (Most exotic eyes on a Korean actress)
Lips = Song Hye Kyo (Almost looks like she's had botox or collagen or whatever it is they use)
Hair = None (All Asian actresses' hair reminds me of Sadako)
Voice = Most (They all sound sexy & sultry - can't make my mind up)
Belly = Jun Ji Hyun (It's flat and tight, but not too defined)
Eyebrows = Anything NOT too thick and bushy :P

shkgoddess7
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 11th, '07, 11:20

Post by shkgoddess7 » Feb 11th, '07, 11:27

song hye kyo is the best in crying, laughing, smiling, everything!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Feb 11th, '07, 12:04

Haha, this thread is interesting.... I like it.. :-)

But the best cryer for me is choi ji woo, and she not nominated at all, quite sad :-( ..

But its interesting to look at those ppl opinion about all those best leg, best lip .. :lol

User avatar
majing_28
Posts: 95
Joined: Feb 5th, '07, 10:02
Location: japan

Post by majing_28 » Feb 11th, '07, 13:13

i'm sorry if i didn't put her in the list i realy want to add her but i don't know her real name was choi ji woo all i know is she is from the drama winter sonata and stairway to heaven.

User avatar
gandahmoh
Posts: 26
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 08:02
Location: philippines

Post by gandahmoh » Feb 14th, '07, 20:39

definitely song hye kyo... i love her in full house and i love actor who can cry quitely like no sobs and noises..just tears falling from their eyes...huhuhu
Yamashita Tomohisa, Will you Marry me??? :wub: :wub: :wub:

dianahah
Posts: 4
Joined: Jun 29th, '06, 04:15

Post by dianahah » Feb 15th, '07, 01:57

I agree, Choi Ji Woo should be on the list! Her cries are SOOO dramatic. I loooooved her in stairway to heaven!!!!!! :cry:

User avatar
Sadden_One
Posts: 39
Joined: Nov 26th, '05, 08:39
Location: Montreal

Post by Sadden_One » Feb 15th, '07, 05:48

aNToK wrote:Gimme a break, my friend. The "best crier" isn't even on your list! (or the second one, imho)

The #1 tear queen in Korean drama is without a doubt the ever-lovely, ever-tragic Choi Ji Woo!!!!

Second place to Kim Hee Sun, but that's debatable...
i totally agree with u that the 2 best criers aren't on the list
choi ji woo and kim hee sun are the 2 best criers, but i think kim hee sun is a little bit better
Image
credit to Sayuri from SHG forum who made this banner

thasaranaki
Posts: 20
Joined: Oct 14th, '06, 11:24
Location: NZ

Post by thasaranaki » Mar 22nd, '07, 03:20

gandahmoh wrote:definitely song hye kyo... i love her in full house and i love actor who can cry quitely like no sobs and noises..just tears falling from their eyes...huhuhu
Yeah totally agreed with u! Song hye kyo is the best.. Her tears just falling from her eyes, it so emotional!

wiseheart
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 04:07

Post by wiseheart » Mar 22nd, '07, 03:53

Choi Ji Won tops my list !

User avatar
saintxiii
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 24th, '07, 02:38

Post by saintxiii » Mar 26th, '07, 19:14

FUNNY THING IS THERE ARE SO MANY MORE ANNOYING ASS CRYERS :D
GOOD THING AFTER THE PAIN OF WATCHING THEM CRY U FORGET ABOUT IT :D

arabian
Posts: 1293
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Mar 26th, '07, 19:25

song hye kyo..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Apr 2nd, '07, 06:22

did you guys watch a lil drama called "What Star Are You From"? It was on MBC in late 2006.

Watch it if you can. Its a funny romantic drama, just as good as Fantasy Couple imho. But the point I want to make is this. The female lead in that drama, Jung Rwe Won, can seriously cry. I mean she can really really cry. It's not like other actresses where they scrunch their faces and their eyes shed a couple long drops. JRW cries with her whole body, using not only her tear ducts, but her shoulders, her hands, her torso, and she even makes these nosies like she's in some sort of psychotic break down. Honestly, I think she can cry all day if she wants to. Also, she has one of the best crying-and-smiling-at-once skills. It's honeslty very disarming. She's certainly not my all time fav actress (that would be Lee Na Young in Ruler of Your Own World) but JRW has got some skillz.

User avatar
Jaja
Posts: 230
Joined: Oct 30th, '04, 06:41
Location: Philippines

Post by Jaja » Apr 2nd, '07, 08:29

For me its Song Hye Kyo.

User avatar
melie
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 2nd, '07, 00:15
Location: United States

Post by melie » Apr 3rd, '07, 11:47

beertax wrote:did you guys watch a lil drama called "What Star Are You From"? It was on MBC in late 2006.

Watch it if you can. Its a funny romantic drama, just as good as Fantasy Couple imho. But the point I want to make is this. The female lead in that drama, Jung Rwe Won, can seriously cry. I mean she can really really cry. It's not like other actresses where they scrunch their faces and their eyes shed a couple long drops. JRW cries with her whole body, using not only her tear ducts, but her shoulders, her hands, her torso, and she even makes these nosies like she's in some sort of psychotic break down. Honestly, I think she can cry all day if she wants to. Also, she has one of the best crying-and-smiling-at-once skills. It's honeslty very disarming. She's certainly not my all time fav actress (that would be Lee Na Young in Ruler of Your Own World) but JRW has got some skillz.
I so totally agree with you!!! She can seriously cry.. she can!!! Ryeo Won is really pretty even if she is crying!!!

BUT! I VOTED FOR LEE DA HAE!!! SHE CAN SERIOUSLY CRY IN GREEN ROSE AND MY GIRL!!!

User avatar
katrina_097
Posts: 38
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 10:07
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by katrina_097 » Apr 4th, '07, 08:02

i think Song Hye Kyo...she is a great actress...
Image
Image[/img]

User avatar
pet
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 25th, '06, 02:34

Post by pet » Apr 4th, '07, 08:09

I still prefer Tomoyo Nagase. He really have the talent to make the acting cry more to real. Or maybe that is really real cry... :lol

ddub693
Posts: 22
Joined: Mar 18th, '07, 06:30

Post by ddub693 » Apr 10th, '07, 09:12

I think Park Shin Hye is the best cryer, but shes not on the list.

User avatar
MizTsukuura
Posts: 53
Joined: Aug 22nd, '06, 05:15
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by MizTsukuura » Apr 10th, '07, 09:39

i think Song Hyo Kyo, Yim Soo Jung, Kwon Sang Woo, & So Ji Sub is the best in crying scene..

User avatar
Myrdhinn
Posts: 43
Joined: Jan 2nd, '07, 02:04
Location: Dijon-France

Post by Myrdhinn » Apr 10th, '07, 10:09

LEE DA HAE!! without any doubts!!

(In the beginniing of) the episode 7 of "MY GIRL" when
she's crying in front of Junki, saying how much she loves Dong Wang and how painful it is... ohg it was unbearable, and Jun was about to cry, so much pain! :cry:
(I don't remember how many handkerchief we've used during this drama! :-( )

I think the second best cryer is Song hye kyo in Full House, because the storyline was not as interesting and profund (so less painful) then in My Girl.

To finish wirth, I think much more people have seen Full House than My Girl, that's why the sounding may be falsified... :P

=^_^=

enajz77
Posts: 18
Joined: Apr 10th, '07, 07:50
Location: KL Malaysia

Post by enajz77 » Apr 12th, '07, 03:49

mee to.. Lee Da Hae :wub:

kezsh
Posts: 26
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 12:37
Location: earth

Post by kezsh » Apr 20th, '07, 12:40

LEE DA HAE! :-)
the one in my girl where she and her dad were in the airposrt, her dad asked her to fill up that form and she remembered gong chan. she cried really2 well. I shed tears too bec. of that! that was the best cry i've ever seen.

Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

Post by Rob Boyd » Apr 22nd, '07, 16:58

Ku Kye-Sun. She's so sweet and cute, you just want to hug her all day. Seeing her cry in Pure in Heart made me get misty-eyed every time.

User avatar
meera
Posts: 81
Joined: Dec 28th, '06, 02:29

Post by meera » Apr 23rd, '07, 00:02

yup song hye kyo is d best...!!!

User avatar
pattelle
Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 29th, '07, 17:31
Location: UAE

Post by pattelle » Apr 23rd, '07, 21:43

song hye kyo!!!

User avatar
Koreanpie
Posts: 6
Joined: May 8th, '07, 12:58
Location: KL,Malaysia(land full of Nasi Lemak..lol)

Post by Koreanpie » May 8th, '07, 13:40

the best cryer is lee jun ki!!lol..well actually i think it would be Lee Da Hae..Basshya!

User avatar
JlovesVan
Posts: 107
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 20:24
Location: Washington

Post by JlovesVan » May 24th, '07, 17:58

I am going to have to say Bi. The scene over his brothers bed in the hospital just killed me *sob*

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » May 31st, '07, 00:51

I think Bi is a really good cryer. omg did you see him cry in Full House, omg he makes me cry too

myrie
Posts: 19
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 03:44
Location: indie

Post by myrie » May 31st, '07, 05:06

Lee Dae Hee.. especially in My Girl..

User avatar
[sweet.surrender]
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 16:51
Location: Kim Jung Hoon's HEART

Post by [sweet.surrender] » May 31st, '07, 05:40

ii would have to say its Song Hye Gyo...
and then lee jun ki ..lol... he makes
me want to cry in my girl anyways
SHG is a really good actress and
pretty too... :D
Image
13eyond your Imagination.....

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » May 31st, '07, 20:31

Lee Da Hae
she is the most versatile actress I have ever seen.

Choi Ji Woo is also very good at crying but sadly, that's the only type of acting I have seen her do.
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

User avatar
ilovekimjeonghoon
Posts: 16
Joined: May 30th, '07, 13:27
Location: Over the rainbow

Re: who is the best cryer??

Post by ilovekimjeonghoon » Jun 3rd, '07, 14:37

Kim Jeong Hoon shouldve been on that list!

User avatar
TOP
Posts: 2
Joined: May 15th, '07, 21:32

Post by TOP » Jun 3rd, '07, 14:48

Lee Da Hae for me.. may not really be the best but she certainly is one of the best.. :D

User avatar
CallaLillieszz
Posts: 119
Joined: May 24th, '06, 03:29

Re: who is the best cryer??

Post by CallaLillieszz » Jun 6th, '07, 19:35

ilovekimjeonghoon wrote:Kim Jeong Hoon shouldve been on that list!
huh? i never seen KJH cry.. he may look sad in "goong" but never seen him shed a tear... lolz..alot of other actors cry like a river even better than the actresses..

I think Lee da hae is one of the best actresses.. that scene when she was at the airport in "my girl" was so touching.. i felt as if i was standing before her and seeing her cry.. it was devastating..it made me cry too... yea i'm kinda lame.. other actresses are good too but not as emotionally touching as LDH :cry:

User avatar
[sweet.surrender]
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 16:51
Location: Kim Jung Hoon's HEART

Re: who is the best cryer??

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jun 12th, '07, 18:07

CallaLillieszz wrote:
ilovekimjeonghoon wrote:Kim Jeong Hoon shouldve been on that list!
huh? i never seen KJH cry.. he may look sad in "goong" but never seen him shed a tear... lolz..alot of other actors cry like a river even better than the actresses..

I think Lee da hae is one of the best actresses.. that scene when she was at the airport in "my girl" was so touching.. i felt as if i was standing before her and seeing her cry.. it was devastating..it made me cry too... yea i'm kinda lame.. other actresses are good too but not as emotionally touching as LDH :cry:

you can actually see KJH cry in WITCH YOO HEE .. its sad but nothing out of the extraordinary..since he plays a selfish and arrogant character
Image
13eyond your Imagination.....

kimmy12
Posts: 36
Joined: Jun 13th, '07, 03:15

Post by kimmy12 » Jun 16th, '07, 04:23

well its definitely song hye kyo..

User avatar
malay_tiger
Posts: 129
Joined: May 2nd, '06, 19:12
Location: Malaysia

Post by malay_tiger » Jun 16th, '07, 04:40

sorry to say... but definitely Lee Jun Ki !! Crying a lot in My Girl (pity on him)

the scene when he drink alcohol :alcoholic: , pity on him :cry: :cry: :cry: crying boy!

bigcuanh
Posts: 18
Joined: Sep 27th, '06, 12:17

Post by bigcuanh » Jan 12th, '08, 15:42

you guys must be blind by her beauty or what so ever, Song Hye Kyo is a decent actress but surely not the best cryer in here

may930
Posts: 13
Joined: Sep 15th, '07, 15:16

Post by may930 » Jan 12th, '08, 23:48

song hye kyo is definately the best cryer...cause then why would people pick her for sad movies...in all the dramas and movies she's in, she always has a crying scene

User avatar
ctfazra
Posts: 58
Joined: Mar 13th, '07, 16:11
Location: Malaysia

Post by ctfazra » Apr 1st, '08, 15:45

aNToK wrote:The #1 tear queen in Korean drama is without a doubt the ever-lovely, ever-tragic Choi Ji Woo!!!!
yah! u've got it right! :P although i'm a hard fan of YEH..i think from d list d most memorable cries i've ever seen are from JJH (windstruck)..i dunno why but i jz luv d scenes so much esp when she thought jang hyuk is dead, n when he's really dead. :-( :-( :-(

User avatar
maealo
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 7th, '06, 12:00
Location: Talisay City Cebu, Philippines

Post by maealo » Apr 2nd, '08, 11:33

LEE DA HAE.. SHE HAS DIFFERENT CRIES.. SHE CRIED DIFFERENTLY IN HER DRAMA'S. JUST MAGNIFICENT!

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Apr 4th, '08, 02:00

I actually agree with beertax on this one. Single most impressive crying performance I've seen from K-drama came from Jung Ryeo Won in What Star Are You From. There's a few episodes where she pulls a Choi Ji Woo and just repeatedly hemorrages tears. But, in was even more impressive than CJW's athletic performance in Stairway to H-h-h-h-eaven, because JRW started hyperventilating because she was crying so hard. Literally her character cried her way into a happy ending for the drama. When Nonstop did their parody if MNKSS, they had the actress playing JRW's actress doing the hyperventilating crying thing with hilarious results.

CJW is the Randy Couture of the tearjerker. All aspects of mixed weeping arts, she is legend -- the "wet eyes" while holding a conversation, the "single tear (or in HK circles, the "Andy Lau"), the "you took my baby!!" cry at the moon, and when need be, go utterly primal a la JRW and every female torture victim in the SAW series. Versatile, experienced, and respected in the industry for her professional approach to the "weeping game", she's well known for being able to do crying takes for hours and hours without fail and without her face swelling up. Her asking price is A-list, but if you need the character to pine for Haha as if he was Lee Byung Hun, she'll deliver.

There's various serious actresses who deliver emotionally gritty performances (Moon So Ri, Jeon Do Yeon, Kong Hyo Jin, Lee Na Young) and offer elements of this in their TV roles as well. And I think it's a basic job requirement for a Korean lead actress to cry up a storm on cue. BUT, often, you'll see actresses who develop a "pure image" or "innocent princess" through their reputation of crying. It's not just because they play only good girl roles (often they don't) or convey a girlish image (again, often they don't) through advertisements and acting work -- it's because these actresses are often cast in weepies (especially the ones that made their career) where they did a lot of crying, especially when that drama or movie established their star. Crying is associated with femininity in Korea; a lot of crying apparently translates to Audrey Hepburn in Korea, and it follows that certain actresses have developed "Pure Image" through holding the title of "Queen of Melodrama (though less so now)" or "Queen of Tears." Into that "pure image actress" goes Lee Young Ae, Choi Ji Woo, Kim Hee Sun, Son Yeh Jin, Kim Jung Eun, Soo Ae, Im So Jung, Song Hye Kyo, Han Ji Min (I think) and upstarts Moon Geun Young, Lee Yeon Hee, and Han Hyo Joo. My favorite cryers from the above "pure" list (again differentiating "weepy" from true emotional realism) are Soo Ae and Lee Yeon Hee. Lee Yeon Hee, because she already has exceptional screen presence, which is strongest when conveying deep hurt. Soo Ae because she's kinda like the female Jo In Sung, in sharing his ability to cry and smile winsomely (or very bitterly) at the same time.

User avatar
katrina_097
Posts: 38
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 10:07
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Post by katrina_097 » May 12th, '08, 12:11

Song Hye Kyo is the best...
Image
Image[/img]

User avatar
polarmi
Posts: 63
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 07:19

Post by polarmi » May 12th, '08, 12:35

aNToK wrote:Gimme a break, my friend. The "best crier" isn't even on your list! (or the second one, imho)

The #1 tear queen in Korean drama is without a doubt the ever-lovely, ever-tragic Choi Ji Woo!!!!

Second place to Kim Hee Sun, but that's debatable...

User avatar
yunizuka
Posts: 160
Joined: May 11th, '06, 10:36
Location: Paris

Post by yunizuka » May 17th, '08, 12:37

definitely LDH!
when she was crying at the airport in My girl with her dad omg i was soo impress !
it was so real, it was the best crying scene i've ever seen in a drama

boobooboobooboo
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 20th, '09, 14:28
Location: AussieLand

Post by boobooboobooboo » Aug 20th, '09, 17:09

When Moon Geun Yeong cries, I cry.
But since she's not there, I'll go for SHK. She's fabulous.

User avatar
jnara
Posts: 31
Joined: Sep 8th, '06, 04:43

Post by jnara » Sep 18th, '09, 08:49

Lee Yeon Hee

User avatar
fleng
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov 6th, '07, 14:24
Location: Singapore

Post by fleng » Dec 3rd, '09, 07:16

belleza wrote:I actually agree with beertax on this one. Single most impressive crying performance I've seen from K-drama came from Jung Ryeo Won in What Star Are You From. There's a few episodes where she pulls a Choi Ji Woo and just repeatedly hemorrages tears. But, in was even more impressive than CJW's athletic performance in Stairway to H-h-h-h-eaven, because JRW started hyperventilating because she was crying so hard. Literally her character cried her way into a happy ending for the drama. When Nonstop did their parody if MNKSS, they had the actress playing JRW's actress doing the hyperventilating crying thing with hilarious results.

CJW is the Randy Couture of the tearjerker. All aspects of mixed weeping arts, she is legend -- the "wet eyes" while holding a conversation, the "single tear (or in HK circles, the "Andy Lau"), the "you took my baby!!" cry at the moon, and when need be, go utterly primal a la JRW and every female torture victim in the SAW series. Versatile, experienced, and respected in the industry for her professional approach to the "weeping game", she's well known for being able to do crying takes for hours and hours without fail and without her face swelling up. Her asking price is A-list, but if you need the character to pine for Haha as if he was Lee Byung Hun, she'll deliver.
.
lol awesome comparison. Song Hye Kyo is definitely the Fedor Emelinenko of CRYING! haha . Lee Dae Hee is definitely the Lyoto Machida of Crying. Undefeated and still taking names. bwahaha..

SpankThatAss
Posts: 78
Joined: Oct 23rd, '11, 09:00

Post by SpankThatAss » Oct 31st, '11, 18:45

Lee Da Hae! She just makes it feel so real and intense, doesn't feel like she's acting at all.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 680
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Nov 4th, '11, 02:08

I would say Lee Jun Ki. It hurts just to think about him crying in Iljimae :-(
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

jancsika
Posts: 445
Joined: Dec 6th, '10, 11:22

Post by jancsika » Nov 14th, '11, 14:27

Lee Yo Won is the best in :cry:

changmi1218
Posts: 14
Joined: Apr 20th, '12, 03:28

Post by changmi1218 » Apr 21st, '12, 00:35

...
Last edited by changmi1218 on Nov 30th, '12, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Apr 25th, '12, 16:39

iluvasiandrama wrote:I would say Lee Jun Ki. It hurts just to think about him crying in Iljimae :-(

OMG !!! TOTALLYYY AGREE WITH U!! when i saw him crying!! i cried!!! was like ooommg!! u can feel the pain and tears!! he lost his voice towards the end because he was crying so much thats how real it was.... the thread doesnt say actresses, its should have said both actors and actresses..for actresses i definantly think L D H and one Stairway heaven woman! BUT OMG LEE JUN KI IS AN AMAZING CRIER!! he cries in all his drams films i know of! i ve seen all them!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest