Actors/Actresses Speaking Japanese

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
bossacafez

Actors/Actresses Speaking Japanese

Post by bossacafez » Nov 19th, '06, 18:37

from quite a few no. of dramas, i see that the actors/actresses are really VERY fluent in japanese. does anyone know if they really know how to speak, or is it just merely memorizing the script? coz the way they speak is like, wow, they must have taken japanese as a 2nd language or something. amazing. i don't think actors/actresses from other countries could imitate a language they've never spoken so well.

rika-ika

Post by rika-ika » Nov 22nd, '06, 09:38

I think they don´t really speak japanese. For example Bi, his singing in japanese (and he speaks very clear, even I can understand his lyrics), but every time his has an interview he´s speaking korean, I think he would speak japanese if he could.
I think korean just do much more research, here comes another example in Princess Lulu there´s a scene where she´s speaking german, which is really good (and I don´t think she can understand german), but in other drama Meteor Garden TW or Kimi wa Petto JP, even as a native german I can´t understand them (in Kimi wa petto i didn´t even recognize he was speaking german)

moogli

Post by moogli » Nov 22nd, '06, 10:54

I think that when their company decides to sell the artist to Japan they let them take japanese lessons and train them to be able to handle the japanese press and fans. Eventually go on TV-shows and such.
BoA speaks very good japanese! she's like a native japanese speaker now XD

YuInSoo

Post by YuInSoo » Nov 27th, '06, 22:52

actually some actors do.. and some dont.. >.<
its kinda a tricky answer.. i know...

but considering that Japan is right next to Korea and there are lots of relations between both countries, japanese is one of the top languages studied (as 2nd language) in Korea...
the other languages are english and chinese...

Most korean singers dont speak japanese very much,
they get to learn it when they expand their musical market overseas.
Such is the case of BoA and many others... BoA is a lot more popular in japan than in korean, thus, she spends more effort in learning japanese..

As for actors & actresses is different. There aren't many of them that speak the language as fluently as singers. An exception to this might be 장동건... or Jang Dong Gun...
he is fluent in japanese (if im not mistaken he lived in japan for a long time but im not sure)

chocoLatte12

Post by chocoLatte12 » Dec 26th, '06, 12:29

Kim Sun Ah was conversing in perfect japanese (or so I thought) when she was making an interview on Kim sam soon in Japan :D

gougz

Post by gougz » Dec 26th, '06, 13:26

Lee da hae speaks japanese, in my girl she even speak chinese

adora

Post by adora » Feb 15th, '07, 16:24

YuInSoo wrote: but considering that Japan is right next to Korea and there are lots of relations between both countries, japanese is one of the top languages studied (as 2nd language) in Korea...
the other languages are english and chinese...

Most korean singers dont speak japanese very much,
they get to learn it when they expand their musical market overseas.
Such is the case of BoA and many others... BoA is a lot more popular in japan than in korean, thus, she spends more effort in learning japanese..

As for actors & actresses is different. There aren't many of them that speak the language as fluently as singers. An exception to this might be 장동건... or Jang Dong Gun...
he is fluent in japanese (if im not mistaken he lived in japan for a long time but im not sure)
Actually, although Japanese is learned a lot because it is extremely easy to learn for Koreans, they usually study English a lot more these days. Koreans feel that it's important to learn English and Chinese.. Japanese is only learned bc it's the quickest and easiest to learn fluently. Also, BoA is pretty much fluent in Japanese now. It's been a while since her debut as a kid.

I don't think it makes a difference between singers or actors. Bi for example memorizes the lyrics. It's just that Koreans have much better pronunciation than Japanese people for some reason... so even though they don't speak the language, it sounds like they are fluent when they've memorized a script or lyrics in another language. But there are a lot of celebs that are from other countries now.. so there are many who are fluent in english, chinese and japanese.. I think it will be even more that way in the future.

I was in Korea recently, and there were SO many tall, beautiful, stunning teenage and pre-teenage boys and girls that were Korean but grew up in other countries like France, England, Germany.. they all spoke a lot of languages very fluently.. even Korean of course. They weren't even celebrities or in the entertainment business.. Just regular kids on vacation.. visiting relatives and friends. I feel Korea's future people are going to change Korea even further.

Jang Dong Gun may be fluent in japanese but he did NOT live in japan for a long time. He was there to work on a project.. but he never "lived" there. He went there for a joint project and went straight back home to Korea as soon as it was done. I don't know why japanese people see a korean star in japan for one brief moment and automatically assume that they live there permenantly. The only example of a Korean star living in japan is Boa.. And even she has TWO homes, one in each country. She goes back and forth very often (since it's only like.. 40 minute plane ride). Yet when I go to tokyo for work, I see so many japanese people complain that those korean celebs are staying on their land. (they don't realize that BoA is the only one).. but then again I guess there is racism everywhere.

hun_wun_gal

Post by hun_wun_gal » Feb 15th, '07, 23:37

didn't other stars like Bae Yong Jun also stay in Japan for a while? to promote the hallyu wave or something?

BoA should be pretty fluent in Japanese since most of her activities are there now. even more so than in Korea.