Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Whatever happened to Jeon Ji Hyn?

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
Kayote

Whatever happened to Jeon Ji Hyn?

Post by Kayote » Apr 5th, '06, 21:55

Ive not seen her for a while now.

I havent heard of a single drama in which she is. Nor has there been any news of her in any movie lately... where is she?

Reason for asking is: Shes my no.1 Korean actress, heck, she's the most beautiful East Asian lady I have seen so I had to ask... & wih that back to the question...

Seghal

Post by Seghal » Apr 5th, '06, 22:17

Her latest movie: Daisy

It was released about a month ago in Korea.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Apr 6th, '06, 02:32

yea..her latest movie Daisy just came out and in the soompi forums, they said that she's gonna work on her skills/talent in America.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 6th, '06, 03:31

from what I understand, JJH doesn't kiss actors in any movies/dramas. Hollywood movies always have some sort of kissing scene or bed scene. I wonder how she will handle it :unsure:

Sadden_One

Post by Sadden_One » Apr 7th, '06, 06:54

seirin wrote:from what I understand, JJH doesn't kiss actors in any movies/dramas. Hollywood movies always have some sort of kissing scene or bed scene. I wonder how she will handle it :unsure:
where did u get that info?
i think that kissing is a part of acting, especially in dramas

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Apr 7th, '06, 19:54

Sadden_One wrote:
seirin wrote:from what I understand, JJH doesn't kiss actors in any movies/dramas. Hollywood movies always have some sort of kissing scene or bed scene. I wonder how she will handle it :unsure:
where did u get that info?
i think that kissing is a part of acting, especially in dramas
I've seen JJH in Windstruck, My Sassy Girl, and Il Mare and I dun recall her having any kissin scenes...

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Apr 7th, '06, 20:22

She's just been picking average movie roles lately, roll on the next big film choice like The Classic or Sassy Girl. Doesn't really matter what she releases though since most people will watch it anyway.

I would like to see her lead in a comedy style kdrama, could be interesting...

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Apr 7th, '06, 20:46

She will be so cool in Kdramas pity shes not focusing her energies there...

I cant help but feel respect for her for standing by her principles...

sorasora

Post by sorasora » Apr 11th, '06, 17:22

she is also my favorite. i think she is absolutely beautiful. she doesnt look fake ya know?

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Apr 12th, '06, 01:12

I truly agree with you :D. I have never seen her kissing before....

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » Aug 26th, '06, 17:56

knock..knock...my join??
well i truly respect her principle..
i agree to be a good actress doesn't always have to do kissing or bed scenes..
cos what matter is that her deep acting for her character which we can see from her face, gestures and aura..

and yes..i am a fan of hers too...
i like her in my sassy girl, windstruck and daisy..
wish her the best..
aja..aja..fighting!

can't wait to see her next films..
:)

Syuichi

Post by Syuichi » Aug 26th, '06, 18:15

She doesn't kiss in any of her films. It was in that "What nude scenes means for actresses" article. She is more of a model/commercial actress. Daisy got some bad reviews and wasn't all that good.

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Aug 26th, '06, 23:14

Lol yeah she never kisses. Not even a peck on the cheek. Rarely hugs too :P. Although she handles her movies emotionally without that kind of gester :) maybe that's why I envy her.

I have just watched Daisy and it was sad but very good. [Still didn't kiss]

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » Aug 28th, '06, 08:50

Sunshine_36 wrote:
Lol yeah she never kisses. Not even a peck on the cheek. Rarely hugs too :P. Although she handles her movies emotionally without that kind of gester :) maybe that's why I envy her.

I have just watched Daisy and it was sad but very good. [Still didn't kiss]
hehe...agree..the film is sad..
but..it has a good ending..
:)

majing28

Post by majing28 » Jan 14th, '07, 08:46

i hope i can watch daisy too she is one of my favorite korean actress she is very beautiful...

[img]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1587/7 ... 034064.jpg[/img]

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jan 14th, '07, 10:45

She's in Hollywood making a new movie.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.ph ... 754&st=300

Chun Ji-hyun to Debut in Hollywood
November 3, 2006

Actress Chun Ji-hyun will debut in the U.S. movie market in the role of a half-human/half-vampire warrior named Saya.

Chun’s agency said the actress will star in the movie tentatively titled “Blood The Last Vampire” that is being produced by a major Hollywood production company.

Chun, who has gained popularity in Asia for her roles in the movies “Windstruck” and “My Sassy Girl,” drew the spotlight for her plans to debut in Hollywood.

“Blood The Last Vampire” is based on the same-titled anime film by Japanese animation master Oshii Mamoru. French investment and distribution firm Pathe has invested in the movie, while Hong Kong producer Bill Kong and Abel Namias will produce the movie. The film will be directed by Woo In-tae, while Corey Yuen will be in charge of the action scenes.

A person from Chun’s agency said the movie will likely be produced by a major Hollywood studio and open in the United States in 2008. The Japanese side only holds the copyright for the movie, while Pathe will be in charge of investment and distribution. He also added that the movie will be filmed only in English and that Chun, too, will say her lines in English.

The production costs of the movie will be determined by who will play opposite Chun. It is yet unknown when filming will begin, as the actor who will play opposite Chun has yet to be cast.

The original role of Saya in the animation film will be cinematized in the Hollywood version.

Chun, who is currently taking English-language courses in the United States, will return to Korea for a short period of time next month.

credits to: http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/ ... 11858.html