Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Korean Celebrities Have Best Features

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
azndgn26

Korean Celebrities Have Best Features

Post by azndgn26 » Feb 25th, '06, 17:41

Before I was interested in the korean entertainment, it was all chinese entertainment for me. I used to think that the chinese celebrities have the best features but now I think the koreans do. I couldn't help but notice that 99% of korean celebrities have straight perfect teeth, I dunno if it's just me but that's all I've been seeing like in runs in the culture or something. I'm so envious and I've always wondered if they get their teeth done or it was just natural. I've also noticed that the most koreans have the best body, the females slim & skinny and the males body fit or buff. I'm being bias towards the chinese but I'm chinese myself :blink .

chiyuffie

Post by chiyuffie » Feb 25th, '06, 17:47

Hmm...well the problem for me with asian celebs is that a LOT of them have plastic surgery so it's hard for me to watch some dramas because you can sort of tell that they've had something done. However, I do agree with the fact that most Korean celebs are fit. They have gorgeous bodies compared to Chinese nowadays. So...Koreans have the best BODY features for me.

nhk9

Post by nhk9 » Feb 25th, '06, 17:58

That is because South Korea has some of the best (cosmetic) plastic surgeons in the world. I have nothing against Koreans, but it just seems like that's what most of us know about plastic surgery in Korea. Not only almost all famous female Korean celebs have construction done on their face, so do many males too.

Here's a site of the before & afters: (in chinese)

http://krent.xicn.net/item/2005/08/22/144109.html

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Feb 25th, '06, 18:06

Dont you all thing its getting boring. Everytime someone says koreans look good someone has to state the fact that they all have plastic surgery. First I dont think more korean celebrities have plastic surgery done than chinese! And if they didnt look good from the start than even surgery wont make them into supermodels.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 25th, '06, 18:27

What, this again?! Don't you people ever get tired of this inane crap?! Look, if you get braces your teeth are straight, if you work out you get buff, if you get breast implants your tits get bigger... what else is there to say? How many time do you need to discuss this? Actors everywhere get their teeth straightened, work out, and get tit jobs... actors are vain and get paid to look good. If you could go somewhere and have a doctor make you smarter incrementally based on your ability to pay, wouldn't you go for it?! I sure hope you would, because then I wouldn't have to see another lame ass thread like this again...

Go do something useful.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 25th, '06, 18:31

I'm not saying this because I'm biased, but I personally believe that plastic surgery in Korea sucks compared to other countries. I can think of a few Korean celebs who've had surgery in Japan and they look great. :D

Anyway, do you think these ladies have had plastic surgery?

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/8261/4691rr.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/4097/226922tf.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/778/610000907cw.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/2122 ... 007bj0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/1236 ... 8000wy.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/6135/915lu.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5568 ... 2064ir.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3748 ... 4008wk.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5931 ... 4005ws.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/1149/yeonhee68bs.jpg[/img]

You'd be wrong if you think so. All of the above are natural.

ps: I'd request to have this thread closed. The nature of the topic is asking for a flame war. I wish some people would exercise more sense in starting these topics. It's true, if you're an actor and you have bad teeth, what are you going to do? Fix them. That's all in the line of show business.
Last edited by zdoon on Feb 25th, '06, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Feb 25th, '06, 18:32

I think the Japanese look better, especially the females. There is something about the Korean-female look that I just don't like as much as the Japanese look. As for Korean men, lots of them look good, but I think on the whole I still prefer Japanese.

bugsie

Post by bugsie » Feb 25th, '06, 18:46

there's nothing wrong about plastic surgery these days, it's almost a sin being ugly these days with all the technology we have right now.

because of all this plastic surgery talk, i remembered the story my mom told me, her friend had a surgery to remove her big eyebugs, i didn't go too well, i guess the surgery damage some nerves or something in that part.. but the thing is, my mom's friend had an ob-gyn done that surgery. it sounds crazy but it's true.

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Feb 25th, '06, 18:56

sry, I didn't mean to bring up the whole plastic surgery talk again. I was more aimin towards the natural beauty part of people but I guess it's not working.... :-(

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Feb 25th, '06, 19:51

Okay, maybe you didn't know about this little problem at D-Addicts. Please be careful to avoid making any kind of statement that Japanese/Korean/Chinese anything is better/worse... chances are it is going to go wrong in ways you never anticipated.

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Feb 25th, '06, 21:10

azndgn26 wrote:sry, I didn't mean to bring up the whole plastic surgery talk again. I was more aimin towards the natural beauty part of people but I guess it's not working.... :-(
I understand what you mean :D. Some people are just aiming to talk about plastic surgery for some reason?

marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marvelous » Feb 26th, '06, 09:21

plastic surgery is part of show business. Americans get plastic surgery too you know.

para_para_po

Post by para_para_po » Mar 22nd, '06, 07:51

really? it didn't cross my mind that some asian celebrities ever had plastic surgeries. i mean, i thought they have naturally nice nose, which i think is true. and i like their eyes and lips and skin!

i thought they're perfect. not as perfect perfect but perfect enough. i really love them. i love asian celebs more than those westerners, because asian celebs really look younger than their age unlike those westerners who are way way older than their age.

some asian celebs that i thought were really teenagers but they're not:
barbie xu, when i first saw her in meteor garden 1 i thought she's just 18-19.
sha le, (i forgot her real name) the lead female in Love Storm with vic zhou.
and the list goes on..

to clear things up, i'm from somewhere in south east asia. guess? :P

i have nothing against asian celebs whether they did something to their face or not. let's not generalize that all korean/japanese celebs undergone cosmetic surgeries. it's just so lame. yes some of them had surgeries. but also some of westerners had them and some of the british celebs, and some of every race. so try not to generalize people.

anthitran

Post by anthitran » Apr 6th, '06, 08:07

For me, korean celeb. with the best features are Song Hey Kyo, Bi, Hyun Bin, Ji Sing, Eugene, Kim Rae Won, and that leading guy in "Autumn Tale," can't remember his name. I think his last name start with Song... Oh yeah, and Lee Dong Gun. However, the actor I'm actually in love w/ is HYUN BIN. It would have been Bi if I haven't watch "A Love to Kill." After I watched that series, I don't like him as much as I used too. Well, I still like him though, it's just that he isn't the top one.

citi

Post by citi » Apr 11th, '06, 01:58

anthitran wrote:For me, korean celeb. with the best features are Song Hey Kyo, Bi, Hyun Bin, Ji Sing, Eugene, Kim Rae Won, and that leading guy in "Autumn Tale," can't remember his name. I think his last name start with Song... Oh yeah, and Lee Dong Gun. However, the actor I'm actually in love w/ is HYUN BIN. It would have been Bi if I haven't watch "A Love to Kill." After I watched that series, I don't like him as much as I used too. Well, I still like him though, it's just that he isn't the top one.
you wouldn't recommend a Love to Kill? (I haven't seen it yet) :unsure:

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Apr 11th, '06, 02:52

citi wrote:
anthitran wrote:For me, korean celeb. with the best features are Song Hey Kyo, Bi, Hyun Bin, Ji Sing, Eugene, Kim Rae Won, and that leading guy in "Autumn Tale," can't remember his name. I think his last name start with Song... Oh yeah, and Lee Dong Gun. However, the actor I'm actually in love w/ is HYUN BIN. It would have been Bi if I haven't watch "A Love to Kill." After I watched that series, I don't like him as much as I used too. Well, I still like him though, it's just that he isn't the top one.
you wouldn't recommend a Love to Kill? (I haven't seen it yet) :unsure:
The guy from Autumn Tale is Song Seung Hyun, who is also my fav includin those named especially Hyun Bin. Except I dislike Lee Dong Gun, he gets me pissed off... I loved Bi from Full House, A Love to Kill, and Let's Go to School Sang Doo. I would highly recommend all three of his series. At first when I watched the 3 three episodes of A Love to Kill, I truely hated the series but after a while I gave it a second try and not until the 5th or so episode did I started to enjoy the drama and not only that, I loved it. It was so heartbreaken and at the same time I was so into it. Bi is one of my most fav actors out there and he really has the potential and talent to be both an artist and an actor.

billybrobby

Post by billybrobby » Apr 11th, '06, 03:21

WroW wrote:Dont you all thing its getting boring. Everytime someone says koreans look good someone has to state the fact that they all have plastic surgery. First I dont think more korean celebrities have plastic surgery done than chinese! And if they didnt look good from the start than even surgery wont make them into supermodels.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/bi ... change.jpg[/img]

Sunshine_36

Post by Sunshine_36 » Apr 12th, '06, 00:56

billybrobby wrote:
WroW wrote:Dont you all thing its getting boring. Everytime someone says koreans look good someone has to state the fact that they all have plastic surgery. First I dont think more korean celebrities have plastic surgery done than chinese! And if they didnt look good from the start than even surgery wont make them into supermodels.
Who's that girl?

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Apr 12th, '06, 01:14

billybrobby wrote:
You obviousely seen very little of the world. Plastic surgery is nothing new and celebrities do do them to look better. As per your comment "And if theyh didn't look good from the start than ever surgery won't make them into supermodels" this is a very unknowledable way to put it. Though i respect your opinion, i just hope you actually learned something reading how it is really in the world. Also you mentioned Korean celebrties have less plastic surgery than chinese... i don't know where you came up with that idea. Though the most plastic surgery i am sure is still n the United States. A few years back i recall a user posting a chart of like stats. So hopefully i helped you gain some insight about celebrities they do in fact use plastic surgery and it does make them better, even if they aren't beautiful from the start.

vrossi46

Post by vrossi46 » Apr 12th, '06, 07:27

i know!

who90210

Post by who90210 » Apr 12th, '06, 23:12

Interesting topic, does any of you know how to differ someone who had plastic surgery or not? if so, please tell me... I'm so curious about this, for me they all look natural even after plastic surgery.
Like most people, I can't know the difference. But one of my friend told me, if you see a line on the eyelid, or perhaps when she close the eye and you see a line, then it's 90% sure that the person has had work done for the eye.

Lone_Prodigy

Post by Lone_Prodigy » Apr 13th, '06, 04:22

In North America plastic surgery isn't discussed a lot. I think the difference is that in Asia, there is incredible pressure and competition to be the best. With so many dramas out there, and the standards already so high, Asian actors and actresses have to look for every advantage possible. I think acting plays less of a role here. To me, Asian dramas seem to follow the same formula of unrequited love, tragic love, etc. IMO it's not hard to act these roles. In North America there's the Oscars, the Golden Globes, and other acting awards. Beauty is not really a factor here.

azarias79

Post by azarias79 » Oct 18th, '06, 15:35

According to the philospher berkley all people have opinions, but only a few of them think...

This goes to all of you...

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Oct 27th, '06, 06:20

What's the big deal about celebrities who had undergone plastic surgeries. They owe it to their audience to look good and they're being paid much to maintain their looks on screen. Here in our country (Philippines), we don't pay much attention to it, so long as they look good on it. That's why korean series are very popular here because we find their performers charming and very good actors/acttresses. Same with their counterpart in Taiwan. The more beautiful and good looking they are, the better.

loveparas

Post by loveparas » Jul 21st, '07, 11:55

for me its song il g**k has one of the best features.................

MikeNolan

Post by MikeNolan » Jun 17th, '09, 20:18

Sunshine_36 wrote:
billybrobby wrote:
Who's that girl?
lee sun young 이선영 Race Queen girl.