Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

>>* Lee Jun Ki *<<

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
User avatar
Hachiko-chan
Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 19th, '06, 10:19
Location: Finland

Post by Hachiko-chan » Feb 25th, '07, 18:15

He was so impressing in the king and the clown.
I just stared at how gorgeus he was :wub:

mulya
Posts: 3
Joined: Feb 9th, '07, 08:28

Post by mulya » Feb 26th, '07, 03:11

hahahahahahaha.........pretty boy

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Mar 6th, '07, 08:28

Good news, Junki is entering Hanseo University.....

Is it a great news?? Eventhough he is famous but he still study to improve himself..... I just can say that i respect him more than ever.... Hope i can enter U soon... hehe :lol

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » Mar 6th, '07, 09:34

Wow, that's good news indeed, thanks for sharing! :-)
That motivates me to go back to Uni in the autumn, too. It will be my fourth attempt at finishing my studies, ganbarimasu! XD

User avatar
Inthira
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 5th, '07, 12:33
Location: Thailand

Post by Inthira » Mar 6th, '07, 10:56

He become a student... Tae Hug Sang!!!! :D

User avatar
VelexaSatanya
Posts: 28
Joined: Mar 4th, '07, 19:16
Location: California

Post by VelexaSatanya » Mar 6th, '07, 15:15

I love JunKi! He was amazing in KIng and the Clown! He rocked in Fly, Daddy, Fly! He's always so cute. I loved him in the drama My Girl! It made me sad thoguh....

User avatar
*member*
Posts: 31
Joined: Jan 24th, '07, 23:41

Post by *member* » Mar 8th, '07, 22:40

he definetly gets your attention there is no doubt about it. first with his peculiar-feminine look and secondly due to his acting abilities. i have to say not my type of guy to take home to mom and dad but you have to give it to him he has a lot of potential as an actor.

would Love e to see him in an unexpected role like a disable person or a loony, maybe a junkie ajajjajaja, what you all think? :D

User avatar
VelexaSatanya
Posts: 28
Joined: Mar 4th, '07, 19:16
Location: California

Post by VelexaSatanya » Mar 8th, '07, 23:32

I like the play on words... JunKie JunKi.... cute kinda... I'd like to see him as a disabled... it would really put his acting skills to the test.

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » Mar 8th, '07, 23:45

Ooooh, taking him home to mom and dad would be greaaaaat!!!! XD :lol

LOLZ, I'm not one to look at actors as "potential... whatever" but I just had to say that, 'cause among all actors whose interviews I watched, Jun Ki impressed me as one of the most mature, considerate, sweet-natured, hard-working, modest, lovable people out there :wub:

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Mar 9th, '07, 04:16

Liantasse wrote:Ooooh, taking him <a>home</a> to mom and dad would be greaaaaat!!!! XD :lol

LOLZ, I'm not one to look at actors as "potential... whatever" but I just had to say that, 'cause among all actors whose interviews I watched, Jun Ki impressed me as one of the most mature, considerate, sweet-natured, hard-working, modest, lovable people out there :wub:
Ya, ya.... u r totally right..... Junki is the best.... If only i have the chance to take Junki home... haha :lol .. Well, Junki is really a great actor.

malljclay
Posts: 87
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 01:12

Post by malljclay » Mar 10th, '07, 14:58

<333
Jun Ki

twinkletwinkle
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 1st, '07, 01:17

Post by twinkletwinkle » Mar 15th, '07, 17:42

awwww... i love him to death....ahhh...he acts pretty good and he looks girly too...not many guys can act that off...but he can....

User avatar
altessa
Posts: 52
Joined: Jan 15th, '07, 03:41
Contact:

Post by altessa » Mar 16th, '07, 16:56

Yeah, many people have the first impression that he's just a pretty boy, but he has the acting skills to back that up. And I love that about him. <3!!

User avatar
Li-Mei
Posts: 61
Joined: Mar 4th, '06, 23:55

Post by Li-Mei » Mar 20th, '07, 22:25

He's the type of guy that you wanna keep away from your gay friends. I use to think that he would flirt with other guys just to tease them. HAHA! He acts so manly for a guy with his type of image. I should stop looking at him, he makes the other guys around here look unsatisfying. :(

yubikiri
Posts: 10
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 22:25

Post by yubikiri » Apr 1st, '07, 02:36

he has a gorgeous smile ouffff!!!can t resist

twinkletwinkle
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 1st, '07, 01:17

Post by twinkletwinkle » Apr 2nd, '07, 21:54

immm in love with lee junki....ahhh..he just drives me crazy....ahhh..i love him...hahaha

User avatar
xiah1fan
Posts: 241
Joined: Nov 4th, '06, 06:22
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by xiah1fan » Apr 2nd, '07, 22:31

OMG LEe Jun Ki iS jUst The Hotest Actor....ever.......he is soo that my asian prince....yeah...after junsu..but Still I LOVE JUNKI

User avatar
Eternal Snow
Posts: 328
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 15:02

Post by Eternal Snow » Apr 2nd, '07, 22:56

he`s been out of the screen 4 so long now.. don`t ya think?? what`s his latest?? haven`t heard anything about him since his last movie..

EDIT : ah.. forgot to say somethin` :: i like him :wub:

User avatar
meme-sama
Posts: 88
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 13:45
Location: U.A.E
Contact:

Post by meme-sama » Apr 16th, '07, 12:09


User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Apr 16th, '07, 15:17

meme-sama wrote:any1 know this drama http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?med ... geOffset=2?
Hi, meme-sama,

That one is not a drama its a mv. That song is sing by lee soo young and this mv got 3 parts. Junki is just the main actor in the mv. N in this mv junki received an awards.
I forget the award name but its from this secret mv.

WELL, TOMORROW IS JUNKI BIRTHDAY, I WANT TO WISH JUNKI HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !
I LOVE YOU JUNKI SSHI ! ! *MUACKS*

User avatar
meme-sama
Posts: 88
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 13:45
Location: U.A.E
Contact:

Post by meme-sama » Apr 16th, '07, 15:20

bean wrote:
meme-sama wrote:any1 know this drama http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?med ... geOffset=2?
Hi, meme-sama,

That one is not a drama its a mv. That song is sing by lee soo young and this mv got 3 parts. Junki is just the main actor in the mv. N in this mv junki received an awards.
I forget the award name but its from this secret mv.

WELL, TOMORROW IS JUNKI BIRTHDAY, I WANT TO WISH JUNKI HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! ! !
I LOVE YOU JUNKI SSHI ! ! *MUACKS*
thnx :D do u knw where can i dl da movie ?

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Apr 16th, '07, 15:35

Well, thats is not a movie , its a music video.
This music vidoe have three parts and junki is the main actor in this mv.
Because of this mv , Junki receive an award for the best new actor ( not so sure ) for music video.
He really receive an awards but i not sure about the award name.
Well, u can try to dl from here http://z9.invisionfree.com/bww2/index.php?showforum=23 enjoy ... :lol

http://kpopvideo.com/kpop/index.php?act ... cat&cat=16
This is a good dl section too.. Hope can help you or you can just watch it at youtube.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Apr 16th, '07, 15:42

Ahar, just now when i search for junki things i found this thing u can dl direct from here.

:lol http://kpopvideo.com/video/search.php?t ... +soo+young

User avatar
meme-sama
Posts: 88
Joined: Mar 3rd, '07, 13:45
Location: U.A.E
Contact:

Post by meme-sama » Apr 16th, '07, 16:30

wooow arigato :D

User avatar
Miseko
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 30th, '07, 15:58
Location: EvErY WhErE iN EaSt AsIa

Post by Miseko » Apr 17th, '07, 13:29

:cheers: :cheers: SENIL CHUKKA HAMDIDA!!!!!!!! SARAN HEYO!!!!!! TANJOUBIO OMEDETTO GOZAIMAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!! :heart:
he's such a cutie! :hissy:
i wish i could be his girlfriend! :pray: :twisted: he always was, is, will be the prettiest korean guy!!!! (>_<) he's *A** cool looking and cute hot his hair... IN 1 WORD HE'S DA BEST!!!!!!
and again
SENIL CHUKKAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU! (dayone? :scratch: )

HiriSama
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 11th, '07, 07:08

Post by HiriSama » Apr 18th, '07, 07:13

Happy Birthday Lee Jun-ki ^__^ :wub:

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 328
Joined: May 30th, '06, 00:29

Post by strawberrie1210 » Apr 20th, '07, 11:45

Happy 25th Belated Birthday Jun Ki Oppa! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Natsu-chan
Posts: 134
Joined: Sep 16th, '06, 18:44
Location: Dream world
Contact:

Post by Natsu-chan » Apr 20th, '07, 20:03

Oh today is his birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Jun Ki ^^

I love his feminine beauty, & having some feminine qualities does NOT make any guy less manly :D He's so hot & cute ^^

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » May 6th, '07, 08:00

Yoh, se7en have cut his hair . Have a look friend :lol I prefer Junki with long hair ! > <

Image

Image

credit; dcjunki, as tagged, baidu, leejunksingapore.com

User avatar
Koreanpie
Posts: 6
Joined: May 8th, '07, 12:58
Location: KL,Malaysia(land full of Nasi Lemak..lol)

I LOVE MY HUBBY LEE JUN KI!!

Post by Koreanpie » May 8th, '07, 13:04

a~~Jun Ki makes my heart melt:D lee jun ki is the BEST!!
he is so darn cute, yeng, cool and pretty at the same time^^
so good at acting,singing,modeling,martial arts..ah~~Jun Ki oppa,sarang ham nida!!(im really crazy over Jun Ki)hehehe..aiyo..cant wait for his latest drama and movie to come to Malaysia..so darn slow!!Japan also got it already..aih..when will it reach Malaysia..and when will Jun Ki come Malaysia??ai,,so sad so sad..:'(
o he looks so handsome with short hair..looks great with long hair too^.^
im nuts with Jun Ki~o yea i am..lol

MixxSu
Posts: 1
Joined: May 13th, '07, 03:36

Post by MixxSu » May 13th, '07, 03:56

how can there be such a perfect guy? i was already going crazy because of his hotness but it seems like each time i look at him, he surprises me more and more with his multi-talents and adorable personality! he is a real complete package, he got the face, the body, the style, the personality and the talents! i just wanna marry him!!! but i'm kinda upset that he cut his hair...although he's still hot i always prefer guys with long hair. but that doesn't change my love for him, even if he goes bald i'll still love him (but i hope he never does that...lol). anywayz, i can't wait for his new movie Virgin Snow and and new drama Time Between Dog and Wolf to come out! :heart:

User avatar
charming_khalela
Posts: 27
Joined: May 17th, '07, 04:04
Location: Philippines

Post by charming_khalela » May 17th, '07, 04:24

wow this is my first post here :D jun ki is the reason why I got hook in k-drama and korean things (songs and such).. i just love him :thumright: ..

manoosh
Posts: 3
Joined: May 18th, '07, 16:00

Post by manoosh » May 18th, '07, 16:13

hi every body....
:-)

how u do!hopfully good :thumright:


just iwaana to know if ljk in love with Hyori or not :x cuse he mintion that he kinda of

have feeling for her :cry:

Lee Junki Confesses: I Shouldn't Have Called Her 'nuna', his past feelings for

Hyori :cussing:

in this link

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135701

please could anyone makeme comfortable about his feeling!

buy

ritapitalita
Posts: 9
Joined: May 11th, '05, 19:42

Post by ritapitalita » May 18th, '07, 16:51

wow...nice post for lee junki....he's soo pretty...hheheh...a lot of people probably mistake him for a girl....well a lot of guys would at least...heheh he sure can pull it off with his good looks...can't wait until he acts in another drama or movie...it's been a long time...the last movie i saw that he was in was fly daddy fly...unless someone knows of any other movie that he played in....please let me know...i would love to watch them...

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 18th, '07, 17:17

So, manoosh, I gather you don't much like Hyori XD

I know next to nothing about her, but if he really-really likes her, I hope he won't let the fact that she's become his nuna get in the way of his feelings. He should go for her! :wub: Although, it's very difficult to do this when you have become good friends with somebody. It makes you afraid that you'll lose your friendship too, if you get rejected as a lover... :-(

I hope if he becomes BoA's boyfriend it will be because he actually wants that, not because Hyori set him up :P

In any case, I do wish him all happiness possible, both in his career and love-life, and I hope he can find someone whom he will be able to love with everything he's got, and who will love him back the same way! :wub:

So, girls, if you want him to be happy, get praying :-) It might be the only thing we can do for him, but it's a very important one. :-)

manoosh
Posts: 3
Joined: May 18th, '07, 16:00

Post by manoosh » May 18th, '07, 19:16

Liantasse wrote:So, manoosh, I gather you don't much like Hyori XD

I know next to nothing about her, but if he really-really likes her, I hope he won't let the fact that she's become his nuna get in the way of his feelings. He should go for her! :wub: Although, it's very difficult to do this when you have become good friends with somebody. It makes you afraid that you'll lose your friendship too, if you get rejected as a lover... :-(

I hope if he becomes BoA's boyfriend it will be because he actually wants that, not because Hyori set him up :P

In any case, I do wish him all happiness possible, both in his career and love-life, and I hope he can find someone whom he will be able to love with everything he's got, and who will love him back the same way! :wub:

So, girls, if you want him to be happy, get praying :-) It might be the only thing we can do for him, but it's a very important one. :-)
yup ...i do not like her at all :x ..also i think she is not suit him ..i prefer some one

who`s pure than her for him...and oh my god what kind of person he is!! he kept his

feelingfor along time and he didnot look for someone else..then he conform that..I`m really

joules from her ..but i have to appreciate his feeling and accept his love..but the question is

does he still in love with her!!!! :P

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 18th, '07, 19:51

Come, come, manoosh, being jealous of celebrities is silly and you know it :P

As I said, I don't know Hyori at all, so I have no idea about how "pure" or not she is, and even less what kind of feelings Jun Ki has for her, but from the link you posted I think it's pretty clear he does care about her a lot, and she is an important person to him. As such, if we love our Lee Jun Ki, we should also love and respect the people he cares about :-)

manoosh
Posts: 3
Joined: May 18th, '07, 16:00

Post by manoosh » May 18th, '07, 20:23

Liantasse wrote:Come, come, manoosh, being jealous of celebrities is silly and you know it :P

As I said, I don't know Hyori at all, so I have no idea about how "pure" or not she is, and even less what kind of feelings Jun Ki has for her, but from the link you posted I think it's pretty clear he does care about her a lot, and she is an important person to him. As such, if we love our Lee Jun Ki, we should also love and respect the people he cares about :-)
yeah...maybe you`re righ :-) t.. i think i have to give up :-( and accept her for our dear

sike
:cry:


so i`ll wait 4 his desition, and hope 4 him happy love life :D ...but still i`ll face alot of

difficalties to accept her :P

User avatar
tisa
Posts: 204
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 13:00
Location: Slovenia

Post by tisa » May 20th, '07, 16:06

You shouldn't be watching him as a person that's why you have problems with jealousy. To me he only exists when i'm watching him in a drama. I don't care about the life he has as a person.
When i was reading comments about Rain's latest movie I'm a cyborg but it's OK there was a fan who was angry at Rain for kissing the actress passionately for such a long time (she must have been connecting the character he was acting with him as a person). I don't think she was enjoying the movie much and that's to bad because it was a good movie.

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 20th, '07, 16:38

I am a bit surprised on the "scared" side to read that people think of actors the way you describe it, tisa. If they only exist "when we are watching them in a drama", and if we don't see them as persons, doesn't that mean we've turned them into objects, to be consumed? That does not sound good to me no matter how I look at it.

People are people no matter what their vocation / job is in life. For performing artists (actors, musicians, dancers, etc), the end result of their art is something that includes themselves (their faces, bodies, voices) in a way different than in the case of other arts. The end result of a painter's art, say, is a painting, and that is an object, to be seen and observed and interpreted and maybe treasured and loved, but it's still an object. The end result of a chef's art is tasty (and maybe even beautiful) food, to be seen, smelled, and eaten - to be consumed in the most literal sense.

But when it comes to a performer, Lee Jun Ki in our case, even though we might only see him on screen or on stage, in a role, or in photos, the end result of his art is not separable from his person, and I feel that trying to separate them in the way you suggested would mean treating the performer as less than human, as an object existing purely for our enjoyment.

That of course is not true. Actors are people and it is normal for us as people to be interested in their personality and lives as people, besides and outside their "roles'. I think that maybe we could then talk about "what does a healthy, constructive interest for a performer mean" -- and then probably most of us would agree that such a constructive interest does not include jealousy, simply because jealousy is not constructive even in day-to-day relationships. Rather, emulation, jealousy's bright counterpart, would be a choice that would bring one more happiness.

I'll stop here with my philosophysing :P and I hope what I said isn't too obscure or hard to understand. :-)

malljclay
Posts: 87
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 01:12

Post by malljclay » May 20th, '07, 16:46

Jun Ki and Hyori?
Hmm....

User avatar
tisa
Posts: 204
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 13:00
Location: Slovenia

Post by tisa » May 20th, '07, 17:50

Liantasse wrote:I am a bit surprised on the "scared" side to read that people think of actors the way you describe it, tisa. If they only exist "when we are watching them in a drama", and if we don't see them as persons, doesn't that mean we've turned them into objects, to be consumed? That does not sound good to me no matter how I look at it.

People are people no matter what their vocation / job is in life. For performing artists (actors, musicians, dancers, etc), the end result of their art is something that includes themselves (their faces, bodies, voices) in a way different than in the case of other arts. The end result of a painter's art, say, is a painting, and that is an object, to be seen and observed and interpreted and maybe treasured and loved, but it's still an object. The end result of a chef's art is tasty (and maybe even beautiful) food, to be seen, smelled, and eaten - to be consumed in the most literal sense.

But when it comes to a performer, Lee Jun Ki in our case, even though we might only see him on screen or on stage, in a role, or in photos, the end result of his art is not separable from his person, and I feel that trying to separate them in the way you suggested would mean treating the performer as less than human, as an object existing purely for our enjoyment.

That of course is not true. Actors are people and it is normal for us as people to be interested in their personality and lives as people, besides and outside their "roles'. I think that maybe we could then talk about "what does a healthy, constructive interest for a performer mean" -- and then probably most of us would agree that such a constructive interest does not include jealousy, simply because jealousy is not constructive even in day-to-day relationships. Rather, emulation, jealousy's bright counterpart, would be a choice that would bring one more happiness.

I'll stop here with my philosophizing :P and I hope what I said isn't too obscure or hard to understand. :-)
I know he's a person and not an object. What I meant with 'i don't see him as a person' was that I don't care about his personal life because it has nothing to do with his acting does it? Do you think he is Lee Jun Ki when he is acting in a drama? He is not he is merely a character in a drama. The lines in the scrypt aren't his lines. That's only something he has to say. And do you think he is not Lee Jun Ki when he is himself? Do you mabye also see in him all the characters he's played in dramas so far? I don't think he would like that. I understand that the result of the work of an artist is a part of him however isn't it also true that everthing we do contains a part of us?

His personal life has nothing to do with his acting. If it would than that wouldn't be professional. If you didn't like him and the way he lives are you saying you wouldn't watch him in a drama even if his character in the drama would be perfectly acted out? A very rude person in real life could act a very cute character in a drama and visa verso.

And what you said about jealousy. It doesn't matter if it's not constructive and if it doesn't make us happy because it will always be there and there is nothing we can do about it since we are not perfect. You have to admit there is a lot of jealousy in dramas so it must be a very common feeling.

And I hope you won't take this as arguing :whistling:

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 20th, '07, 18:34

This is a very interesting discussion, and even though your tone does seem a bit impassioned to me :P I am not taking it as arguing, and I'm grateful that you're willing to discuss :-)

Of course jealousy is a very common feeling. What I was trying to say earlier is that we should try to keep it in harness, and I think you'd agree with me on this one :-)

About the interplay between an actor's art and his life (or even, between any kind of artist's art and his life), there is lots and lots to be said, and people who are much more intelligent and cultured than I could ever be have been discussing it since forever and the subject is still far from being exhausted.

I would watch a good actor's films no matter what his personal life would look like. For example, had I been even older than I am, and had I started watching Johnny Depp's films earlier, when he was still a very confused and troubled young man, I would have been as much a fan of Johnny Depp the actor, as I am now, when he is a mature man, and a loving and responsible partner and parent. He was a terrific actor even at the time when he had violent outbursts and was doing drugs. Now, however, that he became what he is right now, I can be also be a fan of Johnny Depp the man. What do I mean by that? I mean I admire his character (his personality traits and his choices), and I am interested in both how his life and career are progressing. If he has happiness and success in his life, I am happy for him and pray for him to continue this way. If I hear he meets trouble in his life, then I am suffering and praying for him as he goes through that. I would like to hear your opinion on this kind of interest - do you think it's out of place?

Of course an actor is not somehow a sum of all the characters he's ever played. He is so much more than that. And it's also true that all we do contains a part of us. That's why I find you contradict yourself a bit when you next say "his personal life nas nothing to do with his acting". To me it seems evident that an actor personal's life has everything to do with his acting.

What do I mean by that? If you are a writer of fiction or an actor or a director, in a way we could say that (part of) your job is "creating people" -- bringing characters to life. The way I see it, writers, directors and actors bring characters to life by reaching into their own souls / personalities / minds / hearts / life experiences, and drawing from there. That's why I said that their personal lives have everything to do with it.

Being "professional" as an actor is maybe something I don't know much about, but I strongly doubt that it means "not letting your personal life influence your work", because in this particular case your work would not exist if it could not be influenced by your personal life (all your experiences, feelings, thoughts, fears and desires).

So, in the end my point was simply this: actors are people. When we watch their characters on the screen, that doesn't and cannot stop us thinking of them as people, and feeling interest in them. It only depends on us not to let that interest become harmful to ourselves (or even to the actors! because, sadly, such things as scary stalkers do exist). It only depends on us to make something good from that interest.

I hope I made myself a bit clearer this time? :-)

User avatar
tisa
Posts: 204
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 13:00
Location: Slovenia

Post by tisa » May 20th, '07, 20:27

Liantasse wrote:This is a very interesting discussion, and even though your tone does seem a bit impassioned to me :P I am not taking it as arguing, and I'm grateful that you're willing to discuss :-)

Of course jealousy is a very common feeling. What I was trying to say earlier is that we should try to keep it in harness, and I think you'd agree with me on this one :-)

About the interplay between an actor's art and his life (or even, between any kind of artist's art and his life), there is lots and lots to be said, and people who are much more intelligent and cultured than I could ever be have been discussing it since forever and the subject is still far from being exhausted.

I would watch a good actor's films no matter what his personal life would look like. For example, had I been even older than I am, and had I started watching Johnny Depp's films earlier, when he was still a very confused and troubled young man, I would have been as much a fan of Johnny Depp the actor, as I am now, when he is a mature man, and a loving and responsible partner and parent. He was a terrific actor even at the time when he had violent outbursts and was doing drugs. Now, however, that he became what he is right now, I can be also be a fan of Johnny Depp the man. What do I mean by that? I mean I admire his character (his personality traits and his choices), and I am interested in both how his life and career are progressing. If he has happiness and success in his life, I am happy for him and pray for him to continue this way. If I hear he meets trouble in his life, then I am suffering and praying for him as he goes through that. I would like to hear your opinion on this kind of interest - do you think it's out of place?
Your way of looking at actors is much diferrent than mine. You're interested also in actors' personal life. I'm not interested in their personal life because there's no use. How do I know that everything what is said about an actor and even what he says about himself is true? I won't believe he's like this or like that until I have spent enough time with him which will probably never happen. I don't believe in words but only in what I see with my own eyes. I don't want to have any illusians about a person that really exsists. And even if I believed that everything about an actor is true it still wouldn't concern me because I will never see him in real life and I will never share anything important with him. Maybe Lee Jun Ki doesn't care about whether people see the real him or not but I would care a lot if I were him or maybe I'm being overly sensitive when it comes to the matter of induviduality because I have a twin sister and am therefore very protective of my induviduality. As long as monitoring an actors' life has a positive influence on you then I guess there's nothing wrong with it. As long as it makes you happy. That's why I said not to care about his personal life if you can't take it positively.
Liantasse wrote:Of course an actor is not somehow a sum of all the characters he's ever played. He is so much more than that. And it's also true that all we do contains a part of us. That's why I find you contradict yourself a bit when you next say "his personal life nas nothing to do with his acting". To me it seems evident that an actor personal's life has everything to do with his acting.

Being "professional" as an actor is maybe something I don't know much about, but I strongly doubt that it means "not letting your personal life influence your work", because in this particular case your work would not exist if it could not be influenced by your personal life (all your experiences, feelings, thoughts, fears and desires).
Well i still don't see how i'm contradicting myself in this because if an actor has personal problems he won't be able to act because that would affect his acting so how can there be their personal life involved? An actor has his own life and he isn't like characters he is acting. I don't think he is much more like the sum of character he is playing i would rather say he has his own feelings and characteristics just like you and me.
Liantasse wrote:What do I mean by that? If you are a writer of fiction or an actor or a director, in a way we could say that (part of) your job is "creating people" -- bringing characters to life. The way I see it, writers, directors and actors bring characters to life by reaching into their own souls / personalities / minds / hearts / life experiences, and drawing from there. That's why I said that their personal lives have everything to do with it.
We have only one heart, soul and one personality from the beginning and if you want to have some other heart and personality you have to forget the existing ones if you want to be convincing. So they should forget about their personality rather than involving it in their acting. The only thing you can use in acting that is yours are your feelings. However i can't be sure here because we should ask a real actor.
Liantasse wrote:So, in the end my point was simply this: actors are people. When we watch their characters on the screen, that doesn't and cannot stop us thinking of them as people, and feeling interest in them. It only depends on us not to let that interest become harmful to ourselves (or even to the actors! because, sadly, such things as scary stalkers do exist). It only depends on us to make something good from that interest.
That is true but i still don't see any point in knowing about their personal life what i already explained above.


I hope I made myself a bit clearer this time? :-)
I think i understand your views more now and i hope you understand mine better as well :-)

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 20th, '07, 21:13

Yes, tisa, I think I do understand you a bit better now. It seems indeed we have very different views, both on what it means to be an actor, and on what it means to love someone, even someone whom you know very little.

Like you said, probably if you ask an actor: "What is the relationship between your personality and your life experiences, on one hand, and your work as an actor, on the other hand" you will get a more complete answer and a better insight than what I've been trying to explain. However, I am strongly inclined to believe that the answer will be much more similar to what I've been saying, than to your statement about 'forgetting their personality"... I'm sure there are also some good books and other reading materials on the subject that you can consult, if you'd like. I have done some reading and it seemed to confirm the thoughts I was trying to express in my previous post. Also, if you ever try your own hand at acting, maybe then you'll have a better insight yourself about this whole topic.

About the question of "what is the point in knowing about an actor's personal life", I have no answer to give except "what is the point in knowing about the life of a person you like/love?". We can never know the whole truth, not even about ourselves and about our close friends and family, let alone entertainment stars. That doesn't and cannot stop us being concerned about the people we like and love, and wanting to know them better, even if we won't spend one minute in their immediate presence, in this life.

You may not want to have any illusions about anyone, but actually you can't help that. The reason is the one I stated before: in this world we cannot know the precise and whole truth about any man or woman out there. Our relationships are always based partly on knowledge, and partly on our imagination and expectations -- that cannot be avoided. Then, why should I let it bother me? My knowing the exact and whole truth about someone's facts of life is neither here nor there when it comes to loving that person with sincerity.

You seem to be saying this: "I will never meet that person, or share anything important with him, so whatever I may think of him does not affect him, so then why should I be concerned about him?". Did I understand it correctly? Whereas I'm saying: "If I care about someone, no matter if I never meet him, my love and respect for that person can make a difference in his life (because I believe that God listens to prayer) and it can also make a difference in my own life, by inspiring me to also make the best of my talents".

I don't know every actor's motives for becoming an actor, but I surmise that, for most of them, bringing excitement, beauty, joy and happiness in people's lives was one of the important reasons they chose to follow that vocation. So I don't think it's a matter of indifference to them whether their audience loves them or not. It's a common thing in human beings to feel joy when they know someone loves them, admires them, worries for them, and wishes for their best. Actors are no different, I guess. It's only up to us to keep our feelings for them within limits that are healthy for ourselves and respectful of their privacy, for them.

User avatar
tisa
Posts: 204
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 13:00
Location: Slovenia

Post by tisa » May 20th, '07, 23:36

Liantasse wrote:Yes, tisa, I think I do understand you a bit better now. It seems indeed we have very different views, both on what it means to be an actor, and on what it means to love someone, even someone whom you know very little.

Like you said, probably if you ask an actor: "What is the relationship between your personality and your life experiences, on one hand, and your work as an actor, on the other hand" you will get a more complete answer and a better insight than what I've been trying to explain. However, I am strongly inclined to believe that the answer will be much more similar to what I've been saying, than to your statement about 'forgetting their personality"... I'm sure there are also some good books and other reading materials on the subject that you can consult, if you'd like. I have done some reading and it seemed to confirm the thoughts I was trying to express in my previous post. Also, if you ever try your own hand at acting, maybe then you'll have a better insight yourself about this whole topic.

About the question of "what is the point in knowing about an actor's personal life", I have no answer to give except "what is the point in knowing about the life of a person you like/love?". We can never know the whole truth, not even about ourselves and about our close friends and family, let alone entertainment stars. That doesn't and cannot stop us being concerned about the people we like and love, and wanting to know them better, even if we won't spend one minute in their immediate presence, in this life.

You may not want to have any illusions about anyone, but actually you can't help that. The reason is the one I stated before: in this world we cannot know the precise and whole truth about any man or woman out there. Our relationships are always based partly on knowledge, and partly on our imagination and expectations -- that cannot be avoided. Then, why should I let it bother me? My knowing the exact and whole truth about someones facts of life is neither here nor there when it comes to loving that person with sincerity.

You seem to be saying this: "I will never meet that person, or share anything important with him, so whatever I may think of him does not affect him, so then why should I be concerned about him?". Did I understand it correctly? Whereas I'm saying: "If I care about someone, no matter if I never meet him, my love and respect for that person can make a difference in his life (because I believe that God listens to prayer) and it can also make a difference in my own life, by inspiring me to also make the best of my talents".

I don't know every actor's motives for becoming an actor, but I surmise that, for most of them, bringing excitement, beauty, joy and happiness in people's lives was one of the important reasons they chose to follow that vocation. So I don't think it's a matter of indifference to them whether their audience loves them or not. It's a common thing in human beings to feel joy when they know someone loves them, admires them, worries for them, and wishes for their best. Actors are no different, I guess. It's only up to us to keep our feelings for them within limits that are healthy for ourselves and respectful of their privacy, for them.
About actors involving their personality into their acting I agree we should ask them about that personally however I don't think there is a research on this matter reliable and convincing enough for me to believe in. But still thinking logically how can an actor use his personality when portraying a personality differing greatly from his own?

I agree there are always a few illusions here and there however I think we should tend to minimize them. I can only minimize the illusions with spending enough time with the person as words are not convincing enough for me that is why it's useless to care about actors' personal life since I will never spend time with them and get to know what they are really like. As far as I know I don't think I have any illusions when it comes to my family members because I spend a lot of time with them. We're different because other peoples' words about a person are enough for you to believe your opinion and to care about a person however I need interaction.

I don't believe prayers can save a persons' life but action so it's useless for me to care about a person who I haven't met even once and I can't help with my own hands. I will respect Lee Jun Ki as an actor when he proves himself and leave the care and love to the people who are by his side and can help him with actions. I'm willing to give my love and care only to the people closest to me and Lee Jun Ki won't be negatively affected even if he doesn't feel my love.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » May 24th, '07, 18:11

wow...heated debate going on. I only skimmed so not sure what's going on. It's his life, he does what he wants and no one can say otherwise. No one has been able to tell him what he can and can't do, no even his parents. Anyhow about Junki's public interviews, I would take what he says with a grain of salt. How many celebrities are totally 100% truthful in their interviews answers... Actually how many guys do you know in real life that are totally truthful even.

User avatar
PuddingBerry
Posts: 31
Joined: Jan 16th, '05, 12:49
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Post by PuddingBerry » May 26th, '07, 11:26

I've just read in a Thai Magazine about Lee Junki's birthday party.

How Lee Hyori unexpectedly showed up and talked about how

she set Lee Junki up with BoA because Lee Junki wants a girlfriend

and asked Hyori to help. So Hyori suggested BoA. And on the day

the two meets, Junki was wearing red-suit (or something) and did

make-ups etc. to make himself look good.. LOL to impress BoA of course.

IS THIS TRUE o__O?! It should be, right? Since it's what Hyori says....

and it goes on the magazine.

BY THE WAY ^_________________^ Lee Junki IS IN THAILAND RIGHT NOW

will be in Thailand for about a month with his crew. To shoot his new MBC SPECIAL DRAMA

"The Hour of Dog and Wolf"... Because episode 4~5 will be taking place in Thailand (o^-^o).

I met him on Monday at the Press Conference, he cut his hair short. He looks more man

than ever, i mean, before he used to look like BEAUTIFUL PRETTY MAN but now he's all handsome.

He's tall and cute, but he didn't smile much... and after the Press Conference was over

in the waiting room with only Lee Junki, Jung Kyung Ho and staff. I was able to get in and

they were all smoking (=___=") *cough cough* I knew Lee Junki smoked but I never thought I'd

get to see him SMOKE infront of me, so yeah, everyone smokes.... i wish he'd stop smoking

coz it's not good for his health at all T____T.

AM I ALLOWED TO POST PHOTOS HERE?? so I can post Lee Junki's photo

in the Press Conference....

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » May 26th, '07, 16:14

PuddingBerry wrote:I've just read in a Thai Magazine about Lee Junki's birthday party.

How Lee Hyori unexpectedly showed up and talked about how

she set Lee Junki up with BoA because Lee Junki wants a girlfriend

and asked Hyori to help. So Hyori suggested BoA. And on the day

the two meets, Junki was wearing red-suit (or something) and did

make-ups etc. to make himself look good.. LOL to impress BoA of course.

IS THIS TRUE o__O?! It should be, right? Since it's what Hyori says....

and it goes on the magazine.
He explained he was going straight from Taiwan trip to Hyori's bday party. I'm not sure if that was what he wore at the airport leaving Taiwan, but he was wearing that red jacket and shirt at one of the Taiwan interviews.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » May 26th, '07, 17:28

Wah, i think that both of u r right.. I mean ur view and opinion about these kind of thing.

No need argue la, coz diff ppl have diff view one. Haha.... Erm, actually i concern about junki but i wont really get effected by his news , like who he going out wit, if i dont like it, i will just post my opinion in the forum and den 4get bout it coz nothing to do wit me also, even if i disagree there is nothing i can do... ^ ^ But if i support junki by buying his drama and hardwork den thats mean that he is a good actor coz have good selling.

Sorry for bringing up the topic again ^ ^
After all, i still love junki EVEN though he SMOKE ^ ^

User avatar
PuddingBerry
Posts: 31
Joined: Jan 16th, '05, 12:49
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Post by PuddingBerry » May 27th, '07, 10:10

I took these so if you're gonna take out, please credit and tell me ^^

Lee Junki in THAILAND.

22th May 2007

He came to shoot his new special drama "The Hour Of Dog and Wolf".

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Credits: PUDDINGBERRY

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 27th, '07, 11:21

PuddingBerry, I'm very grateful to you for taking photos and posting them here! But could you please upload them to PhotoBucket or another place, 'cause it seems imageshack has major problems these days... :-(

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » May 27th, '07, 15:16

Wah, thanks for the pic...

I never imagine junki can be this hot with short hair because when i 1st saw his pic he look so so oni..
But now he is very handsome > <

Junki = Awesome :wub:

User avatar
charming_khalela
Posts: 27
Joined: May 17th, '07, 04:04
Location: Philippines

Post by charming_khalela » May 28th, '07, 08:05

Wow Puddingberry is so lucky I hope to see junki in person too. Thanks for the pix :D

User avatar
elyserg
Posts: 1
Joined: May 28th, '07, 14:56
Location: australia
Contact:

Post by elyserg » May 28th, '07, 15:07

wahhhhh!!!!
i really love him especially in his fighting scenes....
i haven't wtch 'my girl' yet but i'm putting some money aside for the dvd....
love him in 'fly daddy'...(^_^)
but he said he isn't much like his character in the movie...
i like him when he made that cute ~shin chan~ look...
i watched one of his interviews n i found that that he can be quite funny at times...
owh, he's a real charm!!!!

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » May 28th, '07, 16:25

I followed the link to PuddingBerry's website and so I was able to see (some of?) the pics she posted :-)

It's so strange that it seems other people can still see pictures posted to imageshack... :unsure:

I'm still in mourning for Lee Jun Ki's long hair! :cry: He is absolutely beautiful, no matter what his hairstyle is, but I do hope he will let his hair grow long again!!! :wub:

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 1st, '07, 22:55

milleu87 wrote:haha finally there's a thread about him.

my first impression was like eh he's really pretty and girly looking

but he is so sweet and my god his tears? it was unbearable to watch.i feel the pain too

have you seen the video clip clazziquai "my sweety"? He was in there. aww he's cute but you know they don't really show a lot of his face in that video clip.

I know my first impression of him was that he was girly when I first saw him in my girl...but when I saw him cry there I felt bad and wanted to comfort him lol. He is very adorable looking and seems to have a great personality....I hope one day I get to meet him lol

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 1st, '07, 23:13

Image
this is the qlazziquai video hope u can see it

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 2nd, '07, 21:04

has anyone seen virgin snow yet?

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 11th, '07, 00:13

where can I find the movie Grace?

Liantasse
Posts: 342
Joined: Sep 10th, '06, 11:19
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Post by Liantasse » Jun 11th, '07, 00:25

:-) Grace is just an MV, not a movie... :roll As far as I know?

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 11th, '07, 00:28

heheh I like the video it's cute

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 11th, '07, 09:09

Yaya, Grace is a mv that got junki in it..

The song is sing by lee so yoong.. I forget where to dl the mv but u can actually find it in this thread, just browse the thread... :lol

Btw, this mv got 3 part... each mv from diff point of view..

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Jun 11th, '07, 09:23

His new drama which drama in MBC will replace?? :whistling:

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 12th, '07, 01:50

bean wrote:Yaya, Grace is a mv that got junki in it..

The song is sing by lee so yoong.. I forget where to dl the mv but u can actually find it in this thread, just browse the thread... :lol

Btw, this mv got 3 part... each mv from diff point of view..
maybe I can find it on Veoh

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 12th, '07, 02:16

bean wrote:Yaya, Grace is a mv that got junki in it..

The song is sing by lee so yoong.. I forget where to dl the mv but u can actually find it in this thread, just browse the thread... :lol

Btw, this mv got 3 part... each mv from diff point of view..

I actually found them lol there are two Grace Music videos

http://www.iheartjunki.com/main/index.php?type=video

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 12th, '07, 08:51

Erm, amirvero

Actually the Lee So Young- Secret in included in the mv as well, so overall the mv have three part..
The secret mv is show how junki feel towards the girl and his girlfriend if i not mistaken..

But the mv is really great, have fun.. haha.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Jun 12th, '07, 11:46

:cry: want more of this story then just these mvs :cry: ... Love it :wub:
Thanks for the links!!!

...but to be true....I'm a bit confused... is this his child? Did he stay by the side of the other girl because of this op-thing or does he really love her? And the other is just a good friend or more than that??

--> well, some reasons, why I want more than these mvs ^-^

Oh, and btw great songs of Lee Soo Young, even without the video ^-^

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 12th, '07, 15:02

Erm, if u r talking about the mv then u r totaly wrong.
The child in the mv, the little girl is not junki child, its junki's girlfriend sister.. Junki girlfriend is the one who donated her eye to junki after junki got into accident. The gal will cry when junki cry too, if u notice this things happen..

N if u wan futher explaination, u go youtube and search for seirin mv. N den u click on this lee soo young grace mv , there got lots of explaination about the mv.. Hope u will understand its a great mv.. :lol

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Jun 12th, '07, 16:48

mmhh... not totally wrong but a bit ^-^ thnx for your explaination so far... I'll take your hint and look for it at youtube.:salut:
That crying-thing I noticed so far, but that this little girl is the sister of her :scratch: I didn't thought about that for one sec...
well, let's see, what the guys at wrote

thnx again!!! :D

Oh, and yes, I willl never say there are a lot of such good mvs, 'cause they're great :wub:

User avatar
Edina
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 16:49
Location: Germany

Post by Edina » Jun 12th, '07, 16:56

He is kind of sweet, but too girlish for me.
I really liked him in My Girl!!!!

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Jun 12th, '07, 18:23

Edina wrote:He is kind of sweet, but too girlish for me.
I really liked him in My Girl!!!!
Exactly my first thoughts after watching "My Girl" :lol Then I saw some pics of him in King& Clown... that was bad...in some angles I thought, that was a woman...not LJK :blink
But in "Fly Daddy" or in this mvs from above there's not one moment, when I think he looks girlish..

User avatar
Edina
Posts: 15
Joined: Jun 12th, '07, 16:49
Location: Germany

Post by Edina » Jun 12th, '07, 19:22

littledraci wrote:
Edina wrote:He is kind of sweet, but too girlish for me.
I really liked him in My Girl!!!!
Exactly my first thoughts after watching "My Girl" :lol Then I saw some pics of him in King& Clown... that was bad...in some angles I thought, that was a woman...not LJK :blink
But in "Fly Daddy" or in this mvs from above there's not one moment, when I think he looks girlish..
Yeah..we are on the same level *g*...I know what you mean, in the King & the clown he really looks like a girl, but I also enjoyed watching him in Fly Daddy Fly...that's why I said he is kind of cute. I really like his eyes, they are so small and thats what I really like!

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Jun 12th, '07, 20:54

well, his eyes.. yeah... kind of faszinating :goggle: :wub: but I have to add, only this hairstyle looks good on him - in my opinion.... 'cause I saw some early pics of him and... hell no! It looks best if it is not short.

Image

And he can dance... didn't know it 'til today :blink ...

amirvero
Posts: 160
Joined: Jun 1st, '07, 21:30
Location: California

Post by amirvero » Jun 13th, '07, 04:09

yep he is looks like such a sweety

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests