Yoo Ah In

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
janram

Yoo Ah In

Post by janram » May 10th, '13, 16:24

Name: Yoo Ah-In
Hangul: 유아인
Birth Name: Uhm Hong-Sik (엄홍식)
Birthdate: October 6, 1986
Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
University: Dankook University
Height: 178cm.
Blood Type: A
Talent Agency: Star K Entertainment
Twitter: @seeksik

Movies

Ggang Chul Yi (2013) - Gang-Chul
Punch | Won-Deuk Yi (2011) - Doh Won-Deuk
Sky and Ocean | Haneulgwa Bada (2009)
Antique | Sayangkoldong Yangkwajajeom Aentikeu (2008) - Yang Ki-Bum
Boys of Tomorrow (2007)
Skeletons In The Closet | Johji-anihanga (2007) - Yong-Tae (son)

TV Dramas

Jang Ok Jung, Living by Love | Jang Ok-Jung, Sarange Salda (SBS / 2013) - King Sookjong
Fashion King | Paeseon Wang (SBS / 2012) - Kang Young-Gul
Sungkyunkwan Scandal (KBS2 / 2010) - Moon Jae-Sin
He Who Can't Marry | Kyeolheun Mothaneun Namja (KBS2 / 2009) - Park Hyeon-Kyu
Chilwu, the Mighty | Choi Kang Chil Woo (KBS2 / 2008) - Hook-San
April Kiss | 4wolui Kiseu (KBS2 / 2004)
Sharp 1 | Banolrim (2003)

janram

Post by janram » May 10th, '13, 16:56

Let me first start by saying that I'm a kdrama fanatic. I can start and finish a normal 16 episode drama in a day.

I feel that Yoo Ah In is one actor that is quite unnoticed. I say this because I think he has more potential than what projects he has been given/taken or the amount of following he has. We all know he can act, testament to this is his previous roles in SKKS, playing a passive character with an unrequited love towards the lead actress. It's also seen in the Fashion King, where he was a stellar performer, both in drama and comedy. I have to agree with other people that that drama did not end well and felt ambiguous towards the end. In JOJ, we see him in another period drama with a little comedic banter. It's refreshing to see him where he's comfortable and seem amiable in him character.

I rarely commend or pick on specific Korean celebrities, but I do think that he has more to give and should be given the right projects in order for him to grow into a bigger star than he is or should be. Perhaps do a romcom melodrama first, normally that's what people want to see and normally have a leading for. He should do more interviews- I searched for him online on YouTube and I hardly see him with any videos. Most of his online videos are back from 2010, 2011 during the SKKS. I mean, get his name out there, so more projects. He's a great actor, that's all there is to it.

All I can say is that, I'm a fan. A fan that hopes that he can be acknowledge more or be given more opportunities in the future.

I have placed him on the ranks of Lee min ho, Yoo Seung Ho and Park Yoo Chun. All great actors!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 21st, '13, 22:26

janram,

I quite agree with your remarks re this actor. I was impressed with him in SKKS and looked forward to what he would do in the future. I have been disappointed. I feel rather like I am holding a clean slate which just has his name written and nothing else. I have been unable to watch his roles in later dramas. I don't know why they have frustrated my attention. I am sure he is a good actor but why does he seem to melt down into any character without making any waves? Is it the wrong drama or the wrong role that is being chosen or given. I got the impression that he was stand offish and a little arrogant and thought he was a better actor than anyone else in his cast at times. surely that must be wrong. Maybe next time.