Mitsuwa Market closing, Little Tokyo - Los Angeles

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
pn0yb0i

Mitsuwa Market closing, Little Tokyo - Los Angeles

Post by pn0yb0i » Jan 23rd, '09, 19:19

For those who don know, Mitsuwa is a big Japanese supermarket which carry many import items that you would normally find in japan.

I was planning on going there to pick up some specialty items, so I decided to go to the website to see if there was anything new.

Then in the corner of the web page, it said the store located in Little will be going out of business on the 25th.

This is really a bummer... did the economy have an effect on this or is it just a coincidence?

What is the old man that runs the ramen shop (Sakura is the name of the little place) in the corner of the market going to do after this?
:cry:

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jan 23rd, '09, 19:24

What?! noes.... used to go there even as far back in the days when they called it Yaohan. I should check out the Mitsuwa in OC to make sure it's not closing either...

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jan 23rd, '09, 19:26

Im going to head over there today, its raining but ill go and check it out.

pn0yb0i

Post by pn0yb0i » Jan 24th, '09, 01:51

Nothing is left.... I will miss this place.

...there is another store just a block away called Nijiya Market or something, just a great as Mitsuwa but a bit smaller. Picked several bottles of Rayu (Spicy sesame oil) a bag of frozen takoyaki and a giant jar of Gohan Desuyo!.

I WANT A TAKOYAKI SKILLET.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jan 25th, '09, 20:29

pn0yb0i wrote:I WANT A TAKOYAKI SKILLET.
if you ever make it to hawaii, i remember they had these on sale at shirokiya a few years ago for $20 or something. even came with the two stainless steel skewers that you use to create the ball.

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jan 25th, '09, 20:35

wow i hope its just that store and not the whole chain going out of business. i haven't been to the one in edgewater, nj in a while. i hope its still there.