Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Finding music NOT in a drama or anime

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
coldheat

Finding music NOT in a drama or anime

Post by coldheat » Oct 27th, '08, 10:42

Normally I can find music for drama or animes on the web. But would if, I find a group I like and want to buy their album or just download a song. Does anyone know of a site? BTW it helps if the site is in English since that is all I can read. I watch this Asian video countdown show and they have some great songs on it. Thank you for your help.

Cry5tal

Post by Cry5tal » Oct 27th, '08, 15:16

JPOPSUKI is what I use

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 27th, '08, 19:22

Live Journal... lol
Really, just search it for music genre (kpop, krock, jpop, jrock, ect...)
All sorts of communities will pop up. Some you may have to join to access but that takes like a minuet to make an account and then a second to push the join button.

familyguy

Post by familyguy » Dec 3rd, '08, 10:38

Cry5tal wrote:JPOPSUKI is what I use

What albums do you want to buy?

JPOPSUKI is good. I use this site, too.

www.cartoon77.com

Sesam

Post by Sesam » Dec 3rd, '08, 11:24

JPOPSUKI is definitely the best place to get music, and if not avaible there then use Emule to find someone that shares. Emule is good because lots of Chinese and Japanese people are using it, and that you can search with foreign characters (usually you need to do this to find JPOP).

Anyway if you want to buy, then YesAsia and Play-Asia are good. On Ebay you can find stuff cheaper though, there are some sellers that sell legal Chinese/Taiwan CD prints (that are much cheaper than Japanese).

AyumiKoshiro

Post by AyumiKoshiro » Dec 3rd, '08, 23:59

I use Bww2.com. If you know what you are looking for it is really good. I like to check their new links every so often to see whats come out.

yesAsia.com is also good if you are looking to buy. They also have stuff from the artists if you are a big fan.

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 4th, '08, 00:08

I use mostly Livejournal... just join the communities dedicated to jpop, kpop or cpop. checking the friendslist keeps me up to date. Tags makes it really easy to find the artists you want.
bww2 - it's good too, but now they've placed a min. post requirment in order to access the download section. and they've inplaced "hide tags". the search engine doesn't work either.
http://www.z-degrees.net/forums/ - really awesome forum. has up to date stuff, nice organization. no post requirements. I hope you have an ad blocker though.
if you like SM entertainment stuff (and esp. boa) you can check out "Boajjang". the search engine actually works. and no ads.

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Dec 4th, '08, 01:16

I'm probably the only one that buys music from yesasia.com huh? ; ;
That's where I bought all my CDs dvds from so far since well.... I trust very few sites lol

noisia

Post by noisia » Dec 4th, '08, 21:08

I buy CDs from Yesasia, it's just it's not so great to buy from frequently because you have to spend more than $50 to get free shipping. I always buy Hong Kong/Taiwan editions of J-music because it's exactly the same as the Japanese editions except the Hong Kong/Taiwanese versions are cheaper :p

They are fast at shipping stuff though and they ship worldwide. The Yui and ayaka albums I ordered 4 days ago arrived today lol. Not bad if you ask me.

For single songs I like, I usually just use bww2 lol.