Miss Universe!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Post Reply
SummerMemories
Posts: 33
Joined: Feb 3rd, '07, 15:17
Location: NYC, USA

Miss Universe!

Post by SummerMemories » May 29th, '07, 03:10

Despite the fact that i thought miss usa was the most beautiful, miss japan was the most beautiful all around and therefore, she takes the title home tonight as miss universe! i was so happy for her. also, miss korea was in the top 5 and won 3rd runner up. they were all great!

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » May 29th, '07, 04:05

I was about to make a topic about this! :lol Yep, Japan should definetly take home the title! Kind of cool their in Mexico. My Top 3 are: Japan, Mexico, and India. So hard to choose!!
[Edit] My sig was last year's Japan runner-up :lol
Image

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » May 29th, '07, 04:58

JAPAN WON!!!!!!!!! :D
Image

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 05:14

My personal favourites were Miss Norway, Korea and Switzerland, but Japan deserves to win after this year Kurara Chibana was robbed last year. This year's contestant reminded me a lot of Kurara.

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » May 29th, '07, 05:16

Yeah, same here.. they had some similarities. Kind of cool Japan won after almost 50 years..(since 1959)
Image

User avatar
leenkath16
Posts: 142
Joined: Nov 21st, '06, 03:01
Location: Phil

Post by leenkath16 » May 29th, '07, 05:17

i love the results!!!

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » May 29th, '07, 05:25

Many of my Japanese and Korean friends have acutally told me they didn't find their contestants to be that attractive, because in their countries, they still preferred the cute, pale-skinned, traditional kind of beauties, whereas I think Miss Korea and Miss Japan were both more 'sexy, tanned bombshell' material, which ultimately seems to be what wins these contests. Ah, well, at least they learned what kind of women they need to send out to win these things. :D

Now Africa needs to learn to send out the right women, too, because it's pretty sad that African women almost never win.

User avatar
nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 350
Joined: Dec 8th, '05, 22:33
Location: europe

Post by nadesico » May 29th, '07, 09:01

Néa Vanille wrote:Many of my Japanese and Korean friends have acutally told me they didn't find their contestants to be that attractive, because in their countries, they still preferred the cute, pale-skinned, traditional kind of beauties, whereas I think Miss Korea and Miss Japan were both more 'sexy, tanned bombshell' material, which ultimately seems to be what wins these contests. Ah, well, at least they learned what kind of women they need to send out to win these things. :D

Now Africa needs to learn to send out the right women, too, because it's pretty sad that African women almost never win.
so agree with you on this, there are so many outstanding beautiful african women, it's a pity really.

User avatar
princess_jime
Posts: 294
Joined: Nov 6th, '06, 22:07
Location: Venezuela!

Post by princess_jime » May 29th, '07, 10:11

Congrats Japan! I'm really glad she won! :alcoholic: :thumright:
I also think last year's miss japan was robbed, oh well, what are you gonna do, eh? at least this year justice has been made!

My top five (or rather, who I think should have been top five):
India instead of brazil (them knockers kept distracting me... LOL!)
Tanzania instead of usa.
venezuela, korea and japan.

I was rooting for tanzania, she was the best IMHO. Soooo cool with her bald head and her legs that had no end... plus, she's a college graduate. Man. This year, in my eyes, tanzania was robbed, but I'm still really glad japan won though.

On a side note: I'm really sad that venezuela is never going to win... the donald has said that miss venezuela will never win, even if she's the best, as long as chavez continues to be president... :-( shoot.

And to finish this rant: Am I the only one that laughed her ass off when miss usa fell? yes, it's my DoS coming to the surface people, it was schadenfreude at its best, she kept it cool though and continued to walk and all even after all the booing... :salut:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
zdzdz
Posts: 163
Joined: May 27th, '07, 09:12
Location: Bulgaria

Post by zdzdz » May 29th, '07, 10:54

O-tsukushi!!! :wub: :D

User avatar
Tatsuki
Posts: 17
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 07:29
Location: Germany

Post by Tatsuki » May 29th, '07, 11:39

It's really funny, I just read that Eri Matsumoto started working as a model when she was asked by a French if she is a model!!
Sometimes it's surprising that those who originally don't intend to be a model, are the most successfull! But after all the also have to provide a strong personality!

It's similar when you regard the results of Germany's next Topmodel, the beautiful winner used to study maths! She just drove her friend to the preliminary round where she was asked why she didn't want to participate as well. Funny, isn't it?!

karin-chan
Posts: 359
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 15:02
Location: Your bed

Post by karin-chan » May 29th, '07, 15:51

On a side note: I'm really sad that venezuela is never going to win... the donald has said that miss venezuela will never win, even if she's the best, as long as chavez continues to be president... shoot.
isnt that venezueLa is the beauty queen capitaL? :unsure:

gosh... im aLso quite sad Ms. PhiLipinnes didnt make it. :glare: I reaLLy find her beautifuL and cmon she's Summa Cum Laude from University of the PhiLippines [beat that?!]!! But anyway... atLeast she got the Ms Photogenic award and the PhiLippine contestants got it for Like Nth time... im thinking that our candidates shouLd got the congeniaLity award for a change.haha :lol

i find Korea's Honey Lee cute... and her name reminds me of...

Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honey [honah] Lee


haha!! :w00t: i got this idea from somene in popseouL.. freaking funny!!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
ephesus
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 137
Joined: Oct 17th, '05, 20:35
Location: Toyko
Contact:

Post by ephesus » May 30th, '07, 04:13

I liked the booing about how illegal immigrants might actually be held accountable by the law in the U.S.A.
How in the world do people rationalize illegal immigration, i've yet to figure that out. Anyway, I won't try to hijack the thread.

p.s. Ms. Korea was gorgeous, but Ms. Japan sounded like a moron in the interview, at least the little section of the interview they had on japanprobe.

User avatar
wallflower
Posts: 62
Joined: Dec 17th, '06, 00:28

Post by wallflower » May 30th, '07, 04:18

I think she was gorgeous. XD Miss USA was indeed pretty as well, but her clumsiness was sort of a not-so-hot factor.

Anyway, I wonder if Tyra Banks ever done Miss Universe. She would've pwned, IMO. Great personality & gorgeous.
Image

Smiley_18
Posts: 53
Joined: Jan 22nd, '04, 22:58
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Post by Smiley_18 » May 30th, '07, 22:44

wallflower wrote:
Anyway, I wonder if Tyra Banks ever done Miss Universe. She would've pwned, IMO. Great personality & gorgeous.
No I don't think Tyra has done Miss Universe before.
Currently downloading ~ 1963
Currently watching ~ Beyond The Realm Of Conscience [tvb]

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Feb 3rd, '04, 19:53
Location: missin' hawaii

Post by jholic » May 31st, '07, 00:25

omedetou gozaimasu to miss japan. i'm really happy that an asian woman took miss universe. but i agree with what nea said:
Néa Vanille wrote:Many of my Japanese and Korean friends have acutally told me they didn't find their contestants to be that attractive, because in their countries, they still preferred the cute, pale-skinned, traditional kind of beauties, whereas I think Miss Korea and Miss Japan were both more 'sexy, tanned bombshell' material
yes, many of my co-workers (of various nationalities) all agreed miss japan looked a lot more american than japanese. very tanned instead of white.

although africa never won, wasn't there a black girl who won from jamaica or something? this was a few years back.

i also felt really bad for miss usa. i think she remained extremely professional given the fall and the booing she had to endure in a foreign environment.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

User avatar
BxLibra
Posts: 280
Joined: Jan 27th, '07, 22:55
Location: Bronx, New York City and Albany, New York

Post by BxLibra » May 31st, '07, 00:39

Néa Vanille wrote:
Now Africa needs to learn to send out the right women, too, because it's pretty sad that African women almost never win.
well there are other countries that have never won either...and for ur info South Africa, Nambia, and Botswana have held miss universe titles in the past so please get ur facts straight :glare:
jholic wrote:
although africa never won, wasn't there a black girl who won from jamaica or something? this was a few years back.
well not jamaica but it was trinidad/tobago (twice) ^.^
*Creds to AshanishiLynn for the hot Avatar and kwuintessence for the sexy Siggy!!!!
Image

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » May 31st, '07, 00:55

I did get my facts straight. I'm fully aware that African women have won before - the thing is that, compared to women from other continents, they didn't win often. Which is why I used almost never. When looking at the Miss Universe site on wikipedia, Africa has won only 3 times (and one title, the South African one, was won by a white woman), whereas South America won 10 times, Asia and Europe won 11 times and North America 18 times.

I can't rid myself of the feeling that you feel I meant to insult African women, when in fact I did the opposite. I said that I feel that there are very many beautiful African women and the reason why they didn't win often was because they did a poor job at finding those women, much like East Asian countries have been doing up until the last 2 years. I also said that it was sad that they didn't win very often and that I was hoping another African woman would win soon.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on May 31st, '07, 01:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BxLibra
Posts: 280
Joined: Jan 27th, '07, 22:55
Location: Bronx, New York City and Albany, New York

Post by BxLibra » May 31st, '07, 01:10

Néa Vanille wrote:LOL, no need to be so aggressive, girl. I'm fully aware that African women have won before - the thing is that, compared to white and Latin women, they didn't win often. Which is why I used almost never. When looking at the Miss Universe site on wikipedia, Africa has won only 3 times, whereas South America won 10 times, Asia and Europe won 11 times and North America 18 times.

I can't rid myself of the feeling that you feel I meant to insult African women, when in fact I did the opposite. I said that I feel that there are very many beautiful African women and the reason why they didn't win often was because they did a poor job at finding those women, much like East Asian countries have been doing up until the last 2 years.
lol i admit i did get a little angered but then i was like ok maybe she didn't mean it that way but yeah i totally see your point and i guess the reason is that 1. most of the countries are too poor to sponsor anyone so the people that usually compete are the ones that are a little more well off and 2. most african countries to the north especially are muslim like strict mulsim so like these kind of competitions are considered no nos. I do think that Nigeria (since its like one of the richest countries in africa) and south africa have been able to send people everywhere but i think they need to do a better job although i thought the girl the picked for miss nigeria was pretty she should have just smiled more <.< >.> mah well i'm happy with Miss japan winning cause she brought spunk to the competition
*Creds to AshanishiLynn for the hot Avatar and kwuintessence for the sexy Siggy!!!!
Image

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » May 31st, '07, 01:18

I thought Miss Tanzania was great this year, though I have to admit that at first glance, her bald head was very alienating. But I then thought about it more and realized that this woman was shining with pride about who she was and she wrote on the website that she had a bald head because God had made her perfect as a pure, natural African woman and I thought that was an attractive and unique way of thinking.

User avatar
BxLibra
Posts: 280
Joined: Jan 27th, '07, 22:55
Location: Bronx, New York City and Albany, New York

Post by BxLibra » May 31st, '07, 01:27

Néa Vanille wrote:I thought Miss Tanzania was great this year, though I have to admit that at first glance, her bald head was very alienating. But I then thought about it more and realized that this woman was shining with pride about who she was and she wrote on the website that she had a bald head because God had made her perfect as a pure, natural African woman and I thought that was an attractive and unique way of thinking.
yeah but i dunno she didn't catch my eye much lol I actually think miss korea was gorgeous though
*Creds to AshanishiLynn for the hot Avatar and kwuintessence for the sexy Siggy!!!!
Image

User avatar
booyakasha
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 10th, '06, 05:36

Post by booyakasha » Jun 2nd, '07, 21:51

Miss Angola was the finest.
http://www.pixhosting.info/show_image/1 ... angola.jpg

Also, Miss South Africa should NOT be white. What a joke.

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » Jun 2nd, '07, 22:05

I was so impressed with Japan's dress. it was the best thing that i liked.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest