Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Help me find a show suitable for a 7 years old...

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Karnov

Help me find a show suitable for a 7 years old...

Post by Karnov » Feb 15th, '07, 19:41

Hello everyone,

My daughter (7 years old) started to watch with me "The Queen's Classroom" - "Joou no kyoushitsu", in fact she did it as she got bored one evening but then... well, she fell in love with the show and watched with me every episode until the end (even though I had to do a lousy real-time translation for her :). Now she's asking me for another series she could watch - can you help? I think this show was suitable for her and she has learned a lot (maybe except the last episode where the fight scene did seem very violent to her - and I wasn't expecting it, but eventually we agreed it was justified).

So would yo make any recommendations? Obviously the series cannot have violence, should be a bit funny (but not necessarily a comedy) and preferably have some good children characters.

Regards,

Karnov

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Feb 15th, '07, 19:54

Sensei Shiranaino? comes to mind. It's over on jem's tracker.

Kazoku from last season was also very good, but might be a little too sad.

rico2001
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rico2001 » Feb 15th, '07, 20:00

At Home Dad and Wonderful Life (jdrama) both come to mind. Both have a good mix of humor and drama, you and your little girl will enjoy. As you will see, we are only up to episode 4 of Wonderful life. Sorry for not bring finished by now but we are working on getting more episodes released. I hope these suggestions help. :-)

Wiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/At_Home_Dad
Wiki Info: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Wonderful_Life_%28TBS%29

raspberihevn

Re: Help me find a show suitable for a 7 years old...

Post by raspberihevn » Feb 15th, '07, 20:08

I think Sailor Moon Live Action is more suitable for a 7 year old.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=444

And any sports drama is great!
Search thru the drama section on crunchyroll.

megane

Help me find a show suitable for a 7 years old..

Post by megane » Feb 15th, '07, 20:17

ENGINE with Takuya Kimura
It has a bunch of great childrens caracters.

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Feb 15th, '07, 20:22

Its a sham that on DramaWiki you can't search by genre for example get all the family/comedy dramas listed.

7 years old child is just when they start to question everything they see so you don't want a drama thats too topical like teenage pregnanices or shows voilence or alot of swearing. Unless you prefer to have a long discussion during and afterwards to explain certain things.

Its been awhile since I've watched some family dramas maybe hotman or any drama with Ueto Aya. Might try this one Be Nice to People/ 3peace (Hito ni Yasashiku)

could try some anime?

endoftime

Post by endoftime » Feb 15th, '07, 22:58

I agree with the Sailor Moon comment. They even brought a little girl into the story so that it would appeal more to children. The first half is rather cheesy, but if you stick it out, the second half is the best part.

I don't think that torrents for PGSM can be found here, though it is possible. If not, go to http://animesuki.com/series.php/262.html and you can find torrents from there. They even have batches, which is great, because there are, I believe, 49 episodes+2
direct-to-dvd-specials+extras+ other specials such as a musical concert and a dance video, etc.

If she likes that and is yet to become familiar with anime and/or manga, it's a great stepping ground there. Sailor Moon was the first show that allowed many from my generation to experience anime for the first time, and it's nice to see it come full-circle.

All of the other stuff that I've seen has things that are objectionable. A series that I'm currently watching from Korea may be all right, but let me finish it first before I rec it.

Good luck!

Please update us with her progress.<3

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » Feb 15th, '07, 23:32

I don't think Engine is interesting... it's kinda boring.
And you don't need to download when you have Crunchyroll. Just register for an account, it's free to watch, like YouTube.

If you enjoy the feel good story, ie those that teach lessons, GTO and Gokusen is a sure win. And like I said before, sports drama is great. You don't need to worry about explicit scenes or content.

Ueto Aya stars in a great deal of them: Attack No.1, Ace wo Nerae, Attention Please, etc...

You'll really fall in love with Crunchyroll, haha xD and basically it'll ruin whatever social life you have D:

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Feb 16th, '07, 03:38

raspberihevn wrote:If you enjoy the feel good story, ie those that teach lessons, GTO and Gokusen is a sure win. And like I said before, sports drama is great. You don't need to worry about explicit scenes or content.
O_o
GTO has VERY explicit scenes for a 7 year old...Gokusen has very mild violence...

Karnov

Post by Karnov » Feb 17th, '07, 14:19

Thanks everyone for your replies! I decided to go for At home dad and Sensei Shiranaino at first. I did see GTO and though I think it's brilliant I think I'll wait a bit before my daughter sees it. She did see one episode of the animated series and liked it a lot but I still think it's unsuitable for her yet (bot the tv and anime).

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Feb 19th, '07, 19:27

Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu is a nice family drama from the perspective of youngest son (basically family is weird, mum works, dad is househusband, older sister is strong like a brother should be, brother is a hairdresser), I enjoyed this drama and think it is suitable for any age group.

SevereSuffering

Post by SevereSuffering » Mar 20th, '07, 12:55

My Boss, My Hero is really funny... though it has rather violent elements... hmm maybe not such a good idea :D

Karnov

Post by Karnov » May 24th, '07, 12:12

Hello everyone,

I am back :-) . We watch Sensei Shiranaino now and though I'll go for some of the series proposed in this topic I wanted to ask about your opinion again - I have heard a lot of good about Nobuta Wo Produce - anyone can advice if that drama is ok for a 8 years old? I have watched the first episode only and I am not sure - seems to be funny but if the bullying scenes get any worse I don't want to show it to my daughter yet.

Same question for Waterboys (haven't seen).

I am also thinking about Gokusen - but someone mentioned here it has "mild violence" - I would not like any more violence that was in the last episode of "The Queen's Classroom" - just as an example.

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » May 24th, '07, 12:23

I saw nobuta. There is some very mild violence. The bullying stuff is mostly water on head type stuff. Most of the shows themes may go over her head. It is really not as light hearted as episode one leads you to believe. Actually come to think of it it's too dark for a 7 year old. Wait a few years

M'chelle

Post by M'chelle » May 25th, '07, 12:34

Karnov wrote:Hello everyone,

I am back :-) . We watch Sensei Shiranaino now and though I'll go for some of the series proposed in this topic I wanted to ask about your opinion again - I have heard a lot of good about Nobuta Wo Produce - anyone can advice if that drama is ok for a 8 years old? I have watched the first episode only and I am not sure - seems to be funny but if the bullying scenes get any worse I don't want to show it to my daughter yet.

Same question for Waterboys (haven't seen).

I am also thinking about Gokusen - but someone mentioned here it has "mild violence" - I would not like any more violence that was in the last episode of "The Queen's Classroom" - just as an example.
[My daughter is 8 and we watch an episode of gokusen every night,there are some fights in it but I wouldn't call it violence,umm i'm not making that sound very good but I do think it's suitable my daughter loves it,and she has a crush on some of the charcters too especially Minami hehehe/color]