Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanese?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanese?

Korean
204
35%
Japanese
323
55%
Chinese
63
11%
 
Total votes: 590

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanese?

Post by marvelous » Feb 28th, '06, 21:11

Please expalin why.

User avatar
Aprisea
Posts: 103
Joined: Jul 20th, '04, 20:48
Location: Barcelona,Spain
Contact:

Post by Aprisea » Feb 28th, '06, 21:21

Most of Korean dramas are about love , so I prefer them. Also I like taiwanese doramas :P
~Asian Music Rulz!~

Moenyc2000
Posts: 88
Joined: Jan 25th, '05, 05:17
Location: NY

Post by Moenyc2000 » Mar 1st, '06, 07:27

Cant really stand K-Dramas. All of them are really the same (someone has a deadly disease, and dies, etc. ) And they make me feel so down and depressed lol. I prefer C-Dramas.
“I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion”

---Thoreau

User avatar
boniface
Posts: 33
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 06:41

Post by boniface » Mar 1st, '06, 07:34

K-dramas because I'm really into romantic things like that.

Japanese has more storyline variety, so it's actually more interesting, but I've yet to see enough K-drama for me to want to puke at the melodrama

User avatar
lennonmanson
Posts: 187
Joined: Feb 10th, '05, 14:14
Location: japan

Post by lennonmanson » Mar 1st, '06, 07:53

really like K-drama..... :thumright:

I`m so interest in korean language.........
so I prefer to watch k-drama most........

n really like korean actress :D
Image :wub: Image :cheers: Image :wub:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Mar 1st, '06, 07:56

You should have added another vote option "All Three" because I don't have any preferences. I like all of them.

User avatar
Scarface
Posts: 148
Joined: Jul 30th, '05, 08:51

Post by Scarface » Mar 1st, '06, 12:14

Ide say Japanese 1st then Korean. But Chinese.. haha is it me or does Chinsese drama really suck wang?

bangu
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 17th, '05, 02:35
Location: Love Shack

K Drama Rules

Post by bangu » Mar 1st, '06, 12:28

I'd say K drama is the best. Maybe because of the Fine Looking Ladies. Does Love really matter? YES! Would u rather watch love dramas or love dramas? I'd say love dramas.

User avatar
skachild
Posts: 628
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 12:29
Contact:

Post by skachild » Mar 1st, '06, 12:38

for know... i would say k-drama.!!! :thumright: why...????
look at my avatar & sig and thats why.. :lol :lol
Image :w00t: :cheers:

User avatar
cees
Posts: 437
Joined: Oct 29th, '05, 16:19
Location: UAE

Post by cees » Mar 1st, '06, 12:39

i like korean dramas better
ImageImage

User avatar
skachild
Posts: 628
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 12:29
Contact:

Re: K Drama Rules

Post by skachild » Mar 1st, '06, 12:41

bangu wrote: Would u rather watch love dramas or love dramas? I'd say love dramas.
what do u mean..???? 8)
Image :w00t: :cheers:

User avatar
meme104
Posts: 103
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 14:37
Location: U.A.E

Post by meme104 » Mar 1st, '06, 12:45

i like korean drama just becuase they are about love :wub:

User avatar
skachild
Posts: 628
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 12:29
Contact:

Post by skachild » Mar 1st, '06, 12:53

Scarface wrote:Ide say Japanese 1st then Korean. But Chinese.. haha is it me or does Chinsese drama really suck wang?
i don think chinese drama sucks... have u watch chinese paladin or tiao long ba bu.???
this 2 drama is quit good althought there dubbed all the cast voice with other person (not their original voice in the drama).
are u mean chinese included taiwan & hong kong..??? for tw-drama.. i love it.. maybe because i speak chinese mandarin haha...:lol :lol for hk-drama.. yes some of the drama quit bad.. but there are also have some great one lol... such as twin brothers, to catch the uncatchtable or unstuck in time..
Image :w00t: :cheers:

User avatar
Scarface
Posts: 148
Joined: Jul 30th, '05, 08:51

Post by Scarface » Mar 1st, '06, 22:39

Ive never seen a good chinese drama, ive watched a few and have been turned off completely, watched a few new ones and a few set in the old ages, both were bad. dont ask me what they were called because I cant remember, i dont know if they were chinese/hk or taiwanese

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 1st, '06, 22:42

I prefer Korean dramas because they are just 'grander' and I study the Korean language.
Last edited by Néa Vanille on Jan 13th, '07, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

shizniz00
Posts: 157
Joined: Mar 2nd, '04, 22:49

Post by shizniz00 » Mar 1st, '06, 23:00

love korean dramas more..have awesome looking actors/actresses and great storylines

User avatar
groink
Posts: 2016
Joined: Dec 8th, '03, 03:58
Location: Pearl City, Hawaii

Post by groink » Mar 1st, '06, 23:04

I like and watch Japanese exclusively. I think I've said enough about Korean dramas (search Google or look at my web site for my colorful opinions). Of all the Eastern Asian cultures, I appreciate the Japanese the most. So I'm basically a Japanophile.

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

User avatar
thandie
Posts: 7
Joined: May 6th, '05, 16:52

Post by thandie » Mar 1st, '06, 23:06

I prefer taiwanese drama because boyz are so handsome^^joe cheng and mike he :wub: and songs are so good. But I love k drama too, the story are so beautiful and the fashion of girls is exactely what i want to wear!! For the jdrama, I don't know a lot but That is not what I prefer. Even if, I lovvvvvvvvvve Hana Yori Dango and Jun Matsumoto^^
In fact, i love all three :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 778
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Mar 1st, '06, 23:08

groink wrote:I like and watch Japanese exclusively. I think I've said enough about Korean dramas (search Google or look at my web site for my colorful opinions). Of all the Eastern Asian cultures, I appreciate the Japanese the most. So I'm basically a Japanophile.

--- groink
Though I have quite a lot of appreciation for SOME KDramas and follow a few quite passionately, I have to say I found your colourful deciptions of the KDrama-dom to be extremely hilarious. 'If Bill was alive today, he'd be writing KDrama...' :lol

User avatar
formula17
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 11:15
Location: UK

Post by formula17 » Mar 1st, '06, 23:18

K-dramas because i just love romance. Yes it is repetitive, but somehow they managed to do it in a different way. Manipulate it into a different situation be it tragic or comedy. There's a real conflict going on in it.

I used to like J-dramas, but it kinda grew out y'know. Even though, japanese actors are more good looking than K-actors, but the stories, i found it a bit lagging. Lots of talking. Very slow pace particularly love stories. I found myself always forwarding dull parts (when they started talking slowly especially when they are trying to express what they feel inside and especially when they trying to seek justice ........make me sleepy)

I don't really enjoy taiwanese dramas except for fews. I prefer HK dramas which are hard to fine, the one with subtitles that is.

pe3kabo0
Posts: 86
Joined: Apr 8th, '05, 20:30
Location: London

Post by pe3kabo0 » Mar 2nd, '06, 10:35

korean because i prefer romance

mvue021
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 2nd, '06, 19:56
Location: MINNESOTA

Post by mvue021 » Mar 2nd, '06, 20:00

My favorite drama is MARS, but i like korean dramas.....

User avatar
Ro~Chan
Posts: 33
Joined: Dec 16th, '05, 19:48
Location: UAE

Post by Ro~Chan » Mar 2nd, '06, 20:07

Japanese. Because the storylines are more interesting to me and sometimes even the acting is better. The characters are interesting also. I think it has to do with me standing the japanese language more than the other two also.

Korean comes next, because I get sick of romance easily and Chinese.. well.. I've yet to watch a chinese drama so I can't say much here.

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Feb 3rd, '04, 19:53
Location: missin' hawaii

Post by jholic » Mar 3rd, '06, 00:41

i voted (for jdrama) just to see the poll, but i was actually surprised to see jdramas winning (at the time of this writing). but the poll is still young, so we'll see.

it's hard to explain why i enjoy jdramas more than the other two, but i just do. however, i will say that my opinion is biased since i have not watched as many kdramas and cdramas as i have jdramas.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

User avatar
CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 745
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 18:12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Contact:

Post by CraZyaH » Mar 3rd, '06, 00:51

Jeremiah wrote:You should have added another vote option "All Three" because I don't have any preferences. I like all of them.
me too..but I voted Kdramas since I've watched more of them
Image

lavenderchan
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 24th, '06, 23:39
Location: United States

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:03

i'm not sure which I like best. I really like jdramas and kdramas. I canot decide between the two. For cdramas I have not watch one so I'm not sure how good they are.

meiohsetsuna
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 71
Joined: Sep 8th, '05, 07:22
Location: Subbing nightmare
Contact:

Post by meiohsetsuna » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:04

I voted Jdramas because I almost exclusively watch them. I am a student of the Japanese language so it makes natural sense to me to want to watch something in the language I am learning. Jdramas also seem to have more variety to me. Although I am planning on giving the KSOTM a download this time around.

I don't think my vote would change anytime soon though, I'm just an exclusive fan of Japan. :wub:

nitewind12
Posts: 20
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 07:20

Post by nitewind12 » Mar 3rd, '06, 01:05

I used to like Kdramas a lot since thats what got me started into dramas in the first place. But after watching quite a few different dramas, I noticed they all had the same stupid plot and stuff.
When I was only watching Kdramas, I wouldn't even touch JDramas because I thought it wasn't worth it if its less then 10 or so episodes and 45 mins each. Fast forward now and JDramas are all I watch! There are more variety and most of the ones I've seen are awesome! Only downside is that they are short (9 for HYD? cmon!)

Meanwhile TWDramas blow hard. They have the worst editing ever and I notice they either add in voice overs or badly edit them into the show. Like if there is wind in the background, it would be all quiet but then all of a sudden when they talk, you hear the wind. Then it shuts off again when they stop talking. I also might dislike TW because most shows aren't dvdrips or HD, a lot of tv rips which ruin the quality :P

lavenderchan
Posts: 67
Joined: Feb 24th, '06, 23:39
Location: United States

Post by lavenderchan » Mar 5th, '06, 22:33

i think jdrama the sleeping forest is great. But love contract for kdrama what a weird ending. I never come acrossed a kdrama that ended like that.

expo1970
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 14th, '04, 06:12
Location: Tokyo

Post by expo1970 » Mar 5th, '06, 22:56

korean dramas are just too long. what makes a good story is that it has a good ending too. when it drags on for too long you just see more of the same thing. long, extended, unnecessary flashbacks with overly dramatic music just make korean dramas cheesy afternoon soaps. you don't see dramas like korean ones in other countries because they feel like they came straight out of the 80s. memory loss, disease, going blind, car accidents, being separated for years and meeting again... also, korean drama characters are too simple. the characters are just passionate people who feel a single emotion, usually some blind love of the other character. it's very sickening sometimes. in addition, kdramas, if they're not melodramatic afternoon soaps, they often have some political agenda that can only possibly be appealing to koreans. i really feel like that drama where they shoot the emperor of japan is just to satisfy their own hatred of japanese people. there's that drama where the main character is a "comfort woman" of japan and that movie where they nuke japan and kidnap the Crown Princess of Japan as well. those clearly lack respect for Japan in addition to being very childish.
Just cruising through my teenage wasteland.

User avatar
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 484
Joined: Apr 20th, '04, 01:34
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 6th, '06, 00:21

expo1970 wrote: i really feel like that drama where they shoot the emperor of japan is just to satisfy their own hatred of japanese people. there's that drama where the main character is a "comfort woman" of japan and that movie where they nuke japan and kidnap the Crown Princess of Japan as well. those clearly lack respect for Japan in addition to being very childish.
No need to initiate an invititation for a flame war. Please be careful with your comments. It sounds like an attack to the country and not to their dramas. You could have delivered your point very clearly(that u prefer jdramas over kdramas) without having to say that part. Now, now...you dont wanna make yourself look like a racist.

oleo
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 03:49

Post by oleo » Mar 6th, '06, 00:56

Truth of the matter is, the topic here is asking for trouble. Even if one could compare CJK drama objectively, these comparisons would change radically over time. Korean drama of today compared to Korean drama of ten years ago would be unrecognizable. Try Japanese drama today with Japanese drama twenty years ago. With Chinese drama, aside from timelines, you also have regional aspects to contend with. Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Mainland, maybe even Singapore all in the mix. I say this poll and discussion are too vague.

User avatar
Jecky
Posts: 425
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 20:25
Location: California & with my hubby(s)>_<

Post by Jecky » Mar 6th, '06, 03:06

Korean dramas are the best right now!!!! XD most of the stories are exciting and funny :D i like Japanese drama too,but right now there isn't any good ones. the only japanese drama i'm watching right now is Brother Beat. as for korean i have alot,especially GOONG. i'm soooo addicted to that drama :w00t:
7=1 Jaebeom oppa come back already~!!!! :cry:

User avatar
sgwannabe
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Nov 12th, '05, 09:33

Post by sgwannabe » Mar 6th, '06, 03:11

1. Taiwanese
2. Korean
3. Japanese

Japanese stories are more interesting, but they are kind of boring topics. Although korean plotlines are pretty similar, they have their moments. Taiwanese dramas like Green Forest, My Home, Devil Beside Me, and ISWAK were the best dramas I ever watched! :)

User avatar
ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 727
Joined: Mar 22nd, '04, 13:51
Location: Germany

Post by ironicwave » Mar 6th, '06, 03:38

i don't have a favorite in this category, i've loved dramas from all 3 equally...
the only thing i could distinguish is liking korean and japanese period dramas more than chinese...
but maybe the reason for this is that i haven't yet found a chinese period drama of more serious nature...
i don't like the kind that have too many fairytale aspects...
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » Mar 6th, '06, 03:40

hmm...well considering that I'm only seen Japanese dramas, I would have to go with that I guess. I watched one episode of Full House though..it was fairly interesting. I should expand more...

I think the stories for Japanese dramas are pretty interesting and most are about love stories. I guess that's the reason why I watch that..
Image

bebieblu
Posts: 26
Joined: Dec 30th, '05, 11:47
Location: toronto

Post by bebieblu » Mar 6th, '06, 04:14

cheesy afternoon soaps. you don't see dramas like korean ones in other countries because they feel like they came straight out of the 80s. memory loss, disease, going blind, car accidents, being separated for years and meeting again... also, korean drama characters are too simple. the characters are just passionate people who feel a single emotion, usually some blind love of the other character. it's very sickening sometimes.
Hahaha !!! I so agree with u there but as the rest ....no comment...I don't have a death wish.

I Love Kdramas still......it's what got me started on dramas again after so many yrs. So far the best dramas that i've watched is TW drama. But it's hard to pick between the two. Must be the hot guys in both k&tw dramas.

User avatar
brokenstar
Posts: 6
Joined: Mar 5th, '06, 22:25
Location: where eva u r

Post by brokenstar » Mar 6th, '06, 04:16

korean cuzz they have more romantic scenes (well... to me)

xxkurenaixshixx
Posts: 12
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 05:03
Contact:

Post by xxkurenaixshixx » Mar 6th, '06, 04:43

i love J Drama :wub: :wub:

Taiwanese...never watched....

K Drama....i detest watching them...there alwase the same typical
storyline...some sort of disease....poor loves rich....rich loves poor....
girl like brother but other brother like you and brothers X like you...
all the same :glare: .and when they want to cry....let the freakin TEARS FALL! -_-::

Though i am watching Goong....ONLY cause i have read the Manwha :P :P

User avatar
Akumi
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 1st, '05, 07:53

Post by Akumi » Mar 6th, '06, 04:51

Sadly, I have never watched any J-Drama.

Most that I've ever seen are K-Dramas...and I like them. There's always someone hospitalized though. Atleast, from the ones Ive seen.

And strangely enough, my current favorite drama isn't a K-Drama but a Taiwanese drama: Devil Beside You =3 I'm hoping to watch more chinese dramas in the future.

User avatar
DJ_Chopstix
Posts: 45
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 14:58
Location: Tampa, Florida

Post by DJ_Chopstix » Mar 6th, '06, 17:12

i like krn and chinese

User avatar
bibi.babo
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 6
Joined: Feb 23rd, '06, 18:53

Post by bibi.babo » Mar 6th, '06, 17:16

Japanese dramas... short and sweet!

Sometimes Chinese dramas are toooo long and they drag the middle of the series on and on (but there are some good longggg series).

Jap dramas are very nice, short and too the point! :D and best of all they have AKANISHI JIN!! :P

User avatar
marvelous
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 145
Joined: Jan 20th, '06, 23:28
Location: PLANET K

Post by marvelous » Mar 6th, '06, 20:58

I forget to mention I like Korean dramas but I don't like too many Korean movies. Been watching them since I was a boy. I've seen some Japanese ones and they were alright.


I know lot of Korean dramas are based on love but there are other dramas out there. My mom watches lot of Adult dramas not based on teen boppy love stories. But these teen boppy drama sells to more international peeps.

There are however other drams like "SandGlass" 1995 which is based on criminal organizations which was a big hit Korea. You guys should check it out.

User avatar
bugsie
Posts: 397
Joined: Jul 2nd, '05, 12:16

Post by bugsie » Mar 6th, '06, 21:09

most dramas i've seen are kdramas so it will have my vote. i should watch more jdoramas and etc.. i still can't compare which is the best at this moment.
Confused? Go FAQ yourself!








Last edited by bugsie on Thu Jun 18, 2006 12:00 am; edited 998 times in total

User avatar
wingsky
Posts: 117
Joined: Nov 30th, '05, 22:49

Post by wingsky » Mar 6th, '06, 21:36

Hmm lets see.. i've seen the most jdramas than others.. i think about 6-7 series... i like the comedy in those ones like gokusen and densha otoko! I've only seen 2 kdramas (sad love story & stairway to heaven) and they are very good too, however i dunno if i should see more because they are quite similar story lines... cdrama i honestly haven't seen any, well i part watched romance of three kingdoms that was good but confusing and long.

At the moment i like the jdrama more, but i think i will give the k&cdramas more time to watch to change my views :thumright:
Image

User avatar
a_inuyasha_z
Posts: 88
Joined: Sep 13th, '05, 09:53
Location: The world of Kyou Kara Maou
Contact:

Post by a_inuyasha_z » Mar 6th, '06, 21:42

It all depend on wat your taste in series................for me I would have to say Chinese Drama.. :wub: .........because ever since i grew up i live and breathe chinese series. Now, I'm just starting to watch Japanese and Korean.........and they're not that bad either......pretty good I might added.. :thumright: ...anyways if only there a choice for all three... :scratch: ....I would choose all of them........... :lol
Image Image Image

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Mar 7th, '06, 05:43

i picked korean, but i think pretty soon, i'll lean towards japanese. Korean dramas are just the right length (usually). i find japanese dramas are on the short side, however, their plots are more original..so far.

User avatar
allredndizzy
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 122
Joined: Jan 21st, '06, 02:29

Post by allredndizzy » Mar 8th, '06, 17:25

Full House, Lovers in Paris, Princess Lulu, Attic Cat... aren't these enough reasons to say K-drama rules? hehe!
MY CURRENT FAVE: Dr. Kkaeng

whitegirl
Posts: 6
Joined: Mar 21st, '06, 00:42
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by whitegirl » Mar 21st, '06, 23:41

haven't seen many dramas except korean....but the chinese and japanese ones i have seen seem to be only about acient times and blah and they are SOOOOO slow. plus...romance is a bonus in k-dramas.

rtwebmd
Posts: 2
Joined: Mar 27th, '04, 09:03

Post by rtwebmd » Mar 21st, '06, 23:52

KDrama

I don't know why would anyone like JDrama. They're not high tech (brightness, color, sound), quality is not great either, acting is bland, ie. not good or poor.

CDrama are good. especially the ones with ancient stories. But the modern ones have ok story lines, scenes aren't special (not changed often, revolving around the same story for a long time). Only until recently China has caught up in terms of quality, modern settings with Korea, but still aren't as high tech (perhaps high tech is a wrong word choice).

Korean Drama story line changes a lot. They have more scenes that are different. They have better streets, drive better cars, which are important. But korean can't make ancient stories. The fightings in these are just horrible.

User avatar
dalki_girl
Posts: 2
Joined: Feb 18th, '06, 18:45
Location: ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by dalki_girl » Mar 22nd, '06, 00:05

I picked k-dramas because well, I'm Korean, and those are about all I watch. I've seen one J-drama (Nobuta wo Produce) which I adored, but it wasn't about romance, was it? And I found that weird xD; compared to K-dramas.. I've seen parts of T-dramas, but no C-drama so I've got no say in that matter. 8D I like K-dramas for the romace adn for the hot guys. Kim Jung Hoon <3

yayanomi
Posts: 28
Joined: Jul 6th, '05, 07:28

Post by yayanomi » Mar 23rd, '06, 07:57

previouly chinese drama
now korean drama
future? japanese drama

User avatar
eiD
Posts: 20
Joined: Feb 6th, '06, 15:10
Location: ..maReShiA..

Post by eiD » Mar 23rd, '06, 17:46

now i''m realy bz watching k-drama..b4 this i bz with j-drama...urmm...which i should vote..??? :scratch:

User avatar
fluid
Posts: 20
Joined: Jul 5th, '05, 11:07

Post by fluid » Mar 26th, '06, 12:10

I used to enjoy watching cdrama on TV when I was younger but Two years ago I was watching TV and I saw this kdrama on called "Full House" and thought it was funny and different from anything I've ever seen. So I surfed online and I found d-addicts. After downloading and watching Full House I fell in love with SHG and watched "All In" and some other 20 kdramas. Then my cousin recommended this Jdrama "Densha Otoko" which I thought would suck because I was in love with only korean stuff at the time. However, it totally changed my life because now I only watch JDramas. I tried going back to korean but its just not the same.

Jdrama rules! You people who haven't watched any should definately try some! its really "addicting"!! :goggle:

Satenru
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 14th, '06, 02:17

Post by Satenru » Mar 28th, '06, 09:30

All of the Korean shows and movies I've heard of so far are big in the romance department, while I really hate romance so that would be the least of my choice.
I haven't watch much Japanese shows (besides anime) so I can't say much.
I grew up watching Chinese shows and have become a fan recently so I'll choose this.

SummerLoveRemix
Posts: 19
Joined: Jul 29th, '05, 22:52

Post by SummerLoveRemix » Mar 28th, '06, 11:23

Let's see . . . well It's hard for me to say! I really like Korean dramas because of the romantic story lines many of them have. However, I've seen more Japanese dramas plus I have a better understanding of the language. I picked Japanese in the poll but I think I may like Japanese and Korean dramas the same.

focus_on_poopy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 16th, '06, 05:16

Post by focus_on_poopy » Mar 28th, '06, 11:44

Aja aja fighting!! i think korean dramas are the best!! :wub:

at least korea have some hilarious romance comedies to compensate for the tear-jerker dramas that always seem to have the same ending! Baisha! :mrgreen:

likeitkor
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 11:56

Re: Which Drama do you like best? Korean Chinese or Japanes

Post by likeitkor » Mar 28th, '06, 12:12

marvelous wrote:Please expalin why.
Because Korean dramas make their men cry, and they cry soooo 'love-struckedly'. :wub:

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Mar 30th, '06, 19:05

i prefer korean drama maybe because the only drama i see it..

hellomomo
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 22nd, '06, 07:28

Post by hellomomo » Mar 30th, '06, 19:25

I would say Kdrama because ive watched so many of them :thumright: and they are all so good. but i also enjoy watching jdrama....i havent watched much cdrama so... :unsure:

User avatar
azndgn26
Posts: 317
Joined: Aug 15th, '05, 05:20

Post by azndgn26 » Mar 30th, '06, 19:27

a_inuyasha_z wrote:It all depend on wat your taste in series................for me I would have to say Chinese Drama.. :wub: .........because ever since i grew up i live and breathe chinese series. Now, I'm just starting to watch Japanese and Korean.........and they're not that bad either......pretty good I might added.. :thumright: ...anyways if only there a choice for all three... :scratch: ....I would choose all of them........... :lol
I would have to agree on that except I dun watch jdrama. If there was an option, I would choose korean and chinese but I was born to watch chinese sry but I'd have to choose my ethnic first. Korean and Chinese dramas are both good but the new ones comin out dun seem to be as entertainin as the ones released before them. I think they're probably runnin out of ideas to film something worth watchin...it's just my opinion.

User avatar
Yoroshiku
Posts: 89
Joined: May 27th, '05, 02:30
Location: California Bay Area
Contact:

Post by Yoroshiku » Mar 30th, '06, 19:31

I perfer Japanese better and their storyline.

cuz 90% of Korean dramas are about love... :goggle: arent that TOO MUCH???????? c'mon!!! think of something else!!!! :cussing:

Chinese dramas, the characters have TOO MUCH make up on their face compare to Japanese and Korean and some dialogs are cheessy.

So ya, Japanese for me. :D
Image

User avatar
Chidori-Chan
Posts: 160
Joined: Sep 20th, '05, 13:48
Location: europe

Post by Chidori-Chan » Mar 30th, '06, 23:35

you should indicate ... more clearly ... regarding CHINESE ... under china, hk or tw ...or sg...or ...

louhou
Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 30th, '06, 23:45
Location: Canada

Post by louhou » Mar 30th, '06, 23:49

i really like korean dramas
they r sometimes silly but i like how they r all about love!
also i really like the actors

KoreanMania
Posts: 726
Joined: Jan 21st, '06, 02:34
Location: Home Sweet Home : )

Post by KoreanMania » Mar 31st, '06, 00:08

There's no doubt about it... It's Korean, Korean & Korean dramas all the way~ :lol Simply because they way actor+actresses act are very natural & though the drama storyline are mostly typical... I'll still give a thumbs-up to Korean dramas :thumright:

FoxxiDork95
Posts: 8
Joined: Mar 25th, '06, 04:57
Location: California
Contact:

Post by FoxxiDork95 » Mar 31st, '06, 00:28

Korean for me!!! I love watching korean dramas. It delivers all sorts of emotions. I cry. I laugh. I get mad. It's the ultimate emotional platter. It's cuz of that of I'm just one "EMO" person. ^,^ :D :x :P :wub: :whistling: :scratch: :salut: :cussing: :alcoholic: :cry:

externalfire
Posts: 7
Joined: Jan 8th, '07, 09:56

Post by externalfire » Jan 13th, '07, 08:11

I have seen all dramas from all 3 countries...
and to tell you they all have their distinctive touch
Yes like somone said before many korean dramas are repetative, there are alot that have similar endings and sometimes its even predictable.. Although thios is the case once in a while a drama from korea comes up that takes asia by storm. Full House, I am sorry i love you, Invisible man Choi Jang Soo
I have seen these and as time goes on the dramas are becoming better and more to my taste.
Chinese have a different mood to it, it would mostly suit a chinese persons tastes, i saw some when my friends showed me. They were very interesting and the humor it shows didn really get me... although my friend kept on laughing...
Japanese is very different. I saw some and especially liked Tree of heaven (korean and Japanese) the humor it tries to bring as well as romance.. Although not very dramatic it has its moments in the sun.. its lets say more realistic.. doesnt really go to places that are hard to happen although in the other hand korean dramas create a scene that will rarely happen. korean Dramas are good to watch if you want to cry or something... very emotional

To tell you the truth i believe that in the Past Japanese shows were the best but now as Korean T.v is becoming more and more better i am preffering korean.

skydr3amer
Posts: 12
Joined: Jan 8th, '07, 04:42

Post by skydr3amer » Jan 13th, '07, 08:14

i like chinese show better than the other cuz i cant understand korean and japanese show lol

User avatar
draco
Posts: 119
Joined: Oct 18th, '05, 09:34
Location: Valhala,HV

Post by draco » Jan 13th, '07, 08:35

whew it's a tough question -- well at least between kdrama or jdrama :D, well not really lol
imo each one of them has their own upsides and downsides

jdrama is more realistic, and the storyline.. it's so creative, you just can't believe what can these j-plot writters pop out of their minds, for u who had watched alot of jdramas u know what im talking about lol, it's just pure brilliance;
while on the other hand kdrama has alot of good looking actresses/actors, eye candy :D and they act rather cutely and charming lol.
If I have to choose between these two I'd definitely go for jdrama, hard decision! XD

and just to add something I think Jdrama could enrich your life, it makes you think about your life, others, about society esp. in japan, it basically makes you THINK, not just watch and be entertained, well not most of them but at least you could find in some of these jdramas
Jyoo no Kyoushitsu for instance.
Last edited by draco on Jan 13th, '07, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Jan 13th, '07, 08:42

I love the both korean & japanese..
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

User avatar
Lil' SnowFlake
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 13th, '07, 08:50
Location: USA

Post by Lil' SnowFlake » Jan 13th, '07, 08:56

We can easy guess the ending while watching K-dramas. They just repeat the same topic all the times. Some of C-Dramas are okay (but make me easy to get boring - - !!!) and J-DRAMAS, you ROCK :thumright: !!!!

AboutDrama
Posts: 92
Joined: Aug 8th, '05, 00:04

Post by AboutDrama » Jan 13th, '07, 21:03

I don't have a peference... as long as the story line is good and the actors/actress can act, I don't care if the drama is Korean, Japanese, Chinese, HK, Indian, ..etc.

sjn8991
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 14th, '07, 01:54
Location: Taiping

Post by sjn8991 » Jan 14th, '07, 06:08

Definitely korean drama as it is rather short & the storyline is interesting unlike some chinese drama which is long & draggy.
I love to watch the actors & actresses too. :cheers:

User avatar
milleu87
Posts: 493
Joined: Jul 24th, '05, 01:31
Location: nashville,tn

Post by milleu87 » Jan 14th, '07, 06:17

I like jdrama better because they're not heavy with romance,usually light which i prefer the most and yeah jdrama seems crazier but it just have it own charms

iLOVEhyunbin
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 2nd, '06, 23:34
Location: California

Post by iLOVEhyunbin » Jan 14th, '07, 06:19

i think there are some exceptions because i totally love hana yori dango & some kdramas like save the last dance for me. my name is kim sam soon. goong. & taiwanese dramas look really good but haven`t exactly watched much. i`ve tried watching devil beside you but for some reason i can`t seem to like it as much as some people do. but that doesn`t mean i dislike tdramas..well i guess it`s your sense of taste. but i`m at like 50 % kdramas. 40% japdramas. 10%tdramas. some may agree & some may disagree .

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests