Are there any "gay" dramas?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
gjean

Post by gjean » Aug 25th, '12, 22:36

How about Asian dramas from other countries? Thailand has produced several great dramas with gay couples. Here are the two that I've seen and enjoyed:

TOMORROW I'LL STILL LOVE YOU (Proon Nee Gor Ruk Ter) - The main couple are male/female who were very much in love, but then the guy's sister kills the girl's sister in a jealous rage, destroying the girl's family. The girl breaks up with the guy and moves away. Years later the guy's brother-in-law meets the girl's brother, falls in love, and pursues him. But the same murder in the family keeps them apart, not to mention the fact that neither of their families know that they are gay. Then comes the discovery, the angst, and the separation, but it has a happy ending! You can look up a lot of YouTube clips about this couple, Pee and Kong, played by two actors who are commonly known as Oh and Fluke. Look up clips of Oh and Fluke, too.

LOVE 8009 a/k/a Varieties in Love (Rud Paed Pun Kao) - Several love stories of many people who live in the 8009 building. One of the couples is Jon and Tee who face a lot of adversities, but they manage to get through all that together. Then comes a horrific accident in which Tee loses his memory and doesn't remember Jon, nor even the fact that he's gay, and his father keeps him and Jon apart. Eventually, even without remembering anything, he falls in love with Jon all over again. Beautiful relationship, and once again, with a happy ending. Look up clips of Tee and Jon or JonTee on YouTube.

This last one is an older drama, from 2004, so Thailand has been way ahead of the other Asian countries as far as depicting gays in their dramas. The only problem is that Thai dramas are so hard to find at all, much less with English subtitles.

binosh

Post by binosh » Dec 7th, '12, 02:36

Can somebody help me?
I'm searching for this Drama/Movie (i really don't know what it is) for a few days now but i really can't find anything. Do any of you know the name of it? It would be so great if somebody can help me.

(This is the Video I saw)

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Dec 7th, '12, 03:07

binosh wrote:Can somebody help me?
I'm searching for this Drama/Movie (i really don't know what it is) for a few days now but i really can't find anything. Do any of you know the name of it? It would be so great if somebody can help me.

The movie playing is a "boys love movie".

binosh

Post by binosh » Dec 7th, '12, 04:25

LanceSalmo wrote:

I know that as well but what's the name of it? I really want to watch it..

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Dec 7th, '12, 16:14

binosh wrote:
LanceSalmo wrote:

Maybe they were referring to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Love_%28film%29

binosh

Post by binosh » Dec 7th, '12, 22:26

moadeep wrote:
binosh wrote:
LanceSalmo wrote:
Maybe they were referring to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Love_%28film%29
I'm not sure if that's it but i'll watch it anyways :) Thank you so much ^^

binosh

Post by binosh » Dec 10th, '12, 02:52

binosh wrote:
moadeep wrote:
binosh wrote:
I'm not sure if that's it but i'll watch it anyways :) Thank you so much ^^
It wasn't that one but it was nice. I found what I searched. It's called "Takumi-Kun Series" (Just in case somebody was interested in it)

benebula98

Post by benebula98 » Mar 16th, '13, 19:52

So...months and months have passed. Any new gay asian dramas or movies I should know about? : ) This is going off on a limb, but coffee prince very much felt like a gay story to me for a while there because of all the gender confusion.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 16th, '13, 20:27

I don't know what you define as "new", did you watch Boy Meets Boy, The Day He Arrives ? Both quite recent Kmovies. In Kdrama Hyena there is also fairly strong gay plot.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG