Amazon Prime Japan

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Nodof

Amazon Prime Japan

Post by Nodof » Jun 15th, '17, 23:17

Does anyone know if I can signup for Amazon Prime Japan and stream video while living in USA. I want to watch a show as it airs and not sure it will get English subs fast or at all.

Thanks

NycFalcon

Re: Amazon Prime Japan

Post by NycFalcon » May 15th, '18, 03:11

I don't know. I have tried a two paid VPN services and neither worked with Hulu/Happyon in Japan. Some brief searches informed me that many VPN services don't work when connecting to Japan for some sites like Hulu and Netflix.

I have tried to watch US Amazon Prime video when I was connected to a Canada server and it wouldn't let me. My guess is that you'd have to find a VPN service that works connecting to Japan from anywhere else.

centOS

Post by centOS » Mar 23rd, '19, 09:18

It's possible, but you need private vpn. + fake address in japan + scanning and faxing documents to amazon jap for them to validate your Debit Card. it's rather troublesome!

Nodof

Post by Nodof » Mar 27th, '19, 20:32

Thank you for the replys

Dark_Schneider_Py
Paraguay

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Apr 4th, '19, 17:44

So far local card (I've made previous purchases both inside the country and international shippings to my country) + ExpressVPN has worked for me!

SusieQ

Post by SusieQ » Apr 5th, '19, 01:36

NycFalcon wrote: May 15th, '18, 03:11 I don't know. I have tried a two paid VPN services and neither worked with Hulu/Happyon in Japan. Some brief searches informed me that many VPN services don't work when connecting to Japan for some sites like Hulu and Netflix.

I have tried to watch US Amazon Prime video when I was connected to a Canada server and it wouldn't let me. My guess is that you'd have to find a VPN service that works connecting to Japan from anywhere else.
I use NordVPN and can access and watch Netflix Japan, as well as region restricted videos from YouTube, and some Japanese show websites (previews, etc). Never tried to get Hulu or Amazon Prime JP though... Actually, not tried any JP streaming services. The closest I've tried is VIU.com via a server in Singapore (worked, for the record).

[mention]NycFalcon[/mention] NordVPN for sure works for Amazon Prime US (if you're in Canada like me, at least) when you connect through a US server, though it's a bit tricky via mobile (helpful guide on Nord's website). Haven't yet tried to access Amazon Prime CAD from the US yet. But I digress.

Honestly, worst case scenario you could shop around for a VPN that has dedicated IPs available in Japan (NordVPN does not), which would solve the connectivity issue for sure. The tricky part is establishing payment. Amazon Prime US doesn't seem to care that I'm using a Canadian card. Neither does Netflix. I don't know if Hulu would, never tried to get it. But Japan's versions might be different. They might want a Japanese credit card or other type or payment with a Japanese billing address for streaming services.

Anyway, most VPNs have free trials. Check out a few, see if any of them work for you to at least access the websites. Once you can access them, you can work out if/how you can pay for them.