For New Members - Introduce Yourselves!

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Chippu

Hi ya'll I'm new here!!

Post by Chippu » Aug 16th, '16, 17:48

Hope you're all good :whistling:

azdepe

Re: For New Members - Introduce Yourselves!

Post by azdepe » Aug 29th, '16, 12:24

Hello, i am new member here :D yoroshiku

yasushiu

Post by yasushiu » Sep 18th, '16, 06:06

I'm a bit late :D I am Yasushi, and I like J-drama very much. I'm more into mystery/comedy than romance, however. Love D-Addicts, wish I'd joined like 5 years ago lol. Anyway, hoping to have a good time here. Thank you!

ADRN

Post by ADRN » Sep 18th, '16, 15:15

Hi everyone Im new here and i stumbled on this site because im looking for something. i hope i find it here and contribute. :salut:

Kernul8

Post by Kernul8 » Nov 2nd, '16, 22:15

Hello there! I'm new here.
I'm usually into Japanese dramas, but sometimes I watch Korean, Chinese and Filipino dramas too.
I hope I'm welcomed here! C:

hiakhiak

Post by hiakhiak » Nov 6th, '16, 12:32

Hi everyone! I am a big fan of Japanese tv. :)

Jintetsu

Post by Jintetsu » Nov 20th, '16, 20:39

Hi everyone, I'm a great J-drama addicted. I often come here searching for subs, so I've thought I had to join, just to thank all subbers who support my passion by translating and subbing :D :salut:

machikomomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by machikomomo » Jan 24th, '17, 16:35

Hello everyone! I'm Hazel and a JDrama/Movie fan. I've been following this site for years already though I just decided to register now. XD I'm new and still trying to figure out how things work here. :lol I hope to interact with everyone. :-) Also, I just wanted to thank all the fansubbers in this site. :D
Nice to meet you all~!

liny

Post by liny » Jan 28th, '17, 14:15

Hello guys!

Nice to meet you all. I am following D-Addicts for many years now but not really active on the website. I love asian communities like that but active participation is time consuming for me. Anyway I like to read the posts sometimes as there is a lot of useful information, advices and rewiews about dramas, music, TV Show...
I am fond of Japanese contents and love J-Rock music. I use every fun material I can find to improve my japanese ability. The subtitle index is a golden mine for me.
I am also interested in Korea. I want to discover this country more and hope I can travel to Korea one day.
I am happy to be here with you, many of members are really kind!

Please forgive my english mistakes I hope my posts won't hurt your eyes too much. :lol

sakura-leaf

Post by sakura-leaf » Apr 2nd, '17, 04:35

Hi! I'm sakura-leaf, and I just joined today!
I'm a fan of anything related to Japan since my highschool years.
I have been watching so many dramas, I tried watching and understanding them with or without any translations.
Through the years, my love for watching anything Japan related made me dream of wanting to translate dramas like those veteran subbers out there.
I hope as I join, I could gain my confidence and in the future, share my own translations of my favorite dramas and let everyone enjoy them the way I have enjoyed it too. :D

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :dance: :-)

N0range

Post by N0range » Apr 16th, '17, 20:22

Hi!!

My name is Marine. I come from France.

i love Japan !! (Culture, dramas, music)

I'm a also a fan of Kis-My-Ft2.

I love sub!

farrukhnawaz

Post by farrukhnawaz » May 31st, '17, 02:06

Hello everyone! I'm nawaz and a JDrama/Movie fan. I've been following this site for years already though I just decided to register now. XD I'm new and still trying to figure out how things work here. :lol I hope to interact with everyone. :-) Also, I just wanted to thank all the fansubbers in this site. :D
Nice to meet you all~!

Antmuse
Indonesia

Post by Antmuse » Jun 6th, '17, 16:25

Greeting everyone, it's nice to have finally registered at d-addict forum.
Actually i'm not very into Asian dramas, well maybe it's because of the language which at that time still hadn't got used to it.
But after a while it's quite engrossing.

Thank you very much for everyone here, especially the D-addict itself.

sotoo

Post by sotoo » Jun 20th, '17, 20:05

Hey guys! I am not a huge drama fan (yet! :lol), but I like the horror/mystery and police procedural genres best. I'm also interested in collecting old TV captures of subtitled dramas from NGN, KIKU, KTSF... looking forward to chatting with everyone here! :-)

Turbojugend

Post by Turbojugend » Jul 26th, '17, 06:31

hello internet!

I am not new here, but I've never said hello :(

I've been a member of D-Addicts a bit over 10 years now and I'm glad to see that there is still so much going on here.

Stay addicted! :thumleft: :thumright:

TJ

sageur

Post by sageur » Jul 27th, '17, 10:16

Hello my name is Anthony, I'm french and i'm gonna start my 1st Jdrama !
Thanks all subbers !

ameithyst
Philippines

Post by ameithyst » Aug 1st, '17, 01:18

Hello! I just registered here, but I've known the site back when the torrents feature is still available. (Btw, thank you, uploaders back then!)
Mainly here to thank the fansubbers, especially of Jdramas. :)

よろしくお願いします。

magzy30

Post by magzy30 » Jan 7th, '18, 23:06

Hey there, I'm a middle aged man and started getting time for myself amidst all the workload I have everyday and is new to this forum. I know there are lots of forums and not everything of them are good but as an asian living in a foreign land, I'm thinking I can be more like at my homeland if I join this community. So for all of you, Hi and hello, be seeing you here...

herclavijo

Post by herclavijo » Apr 3rd, '18, 23:14

Hi! I'm a long time lurker, recently interested in old j-dramas. To all the d-addicts community, thanks for your hard work.

sodasodasan

Post by sodasodasan » Apr 17th, '18, 12:53

Newbie here.

Interested in ドラマ and Japanese culture.

Fave actor(s): Masato Sakai (堺 雅人) - Eita (瑛太) and Hiroshi Tamaki (玉木 宏)

Fave actress: Haru (波瑠) ..my muse.

Music: Indigo la End (インディゴ ラ エンド) - Yuzu (ゆず) - [.que] (カキモトナ)

どうぞよろしくお願いします!

kitamori

Post by kitamori » Aug 30th, '18, 20:41

Hi..newbie here.
I'm from Czech republic.
I love japanese drama long time.
My favorite actors are: Masaki Suda, Kento Yamazaki, Kubota Masataka
I'll be glad to meet you all.

MamadaHari

Post by MamadaHari » Sep 9th, '18, 15:43

Hello all. I am not very extremely crazy dorama fan, but I know the D-addicts for a lonoooooong time. I have downloaded a lot from here, when the boom of torrenting began. My main interest is music, anime, movie and some dramas, of course mainly J then C then K.

mimei

Post by mimei » Sep 16th, '18, 01:33

Hello everyone!

I'm new here! I've started watching j-dramas only recently when I started studying Japanese, but ended up becoming addicted to it. I've been watching dramas using the subtitles from the amazing subbers here, so now that I'm at a point were I can watch with or without subs (although I'm lazy and still use them lol) I want to start subbing too. Hopefully I'll start some projects by the end of the year when I have a little more time!

よろしくお願いします!

Old Anime Lady

Post by Old Anime Lady » Sep 16th, '18, 12:17

hi am not new just posting in forums are not my thing : ) prefer a live chat or feed option. But if i need to have x amount of posts i might as well start with this one lol
Any how i am Old Anime Lady I have been into Japanese Dramas since 2016 when i had back surgery and got bored of anime (like when does that happen?!). I have now watched over 400 titles and love Jpop (the metal head in me cries). I am currently teaching myself Japanese (how to read it and recognize it verbally) so one day i can help sub. I have a huge list of things i want subbed but would never ask..so i need to step up :)! :D

I may not always be on here so if ever you need to find me
@MelissaSabry120 is my twitter (be warned I retweet a lot ALOT of johnny Entertainment)
https://mydramalist.com/profile/OldAnimeLady-me on my drama list where i write articles and comment in the feeds.
and my
https://oldanimelady.livejournal.com/profile Where you can see my twitter posts anyhow : )
i have my own fan page on wix too but it is out of date.

Nice meeting all of you ***wave***

sdkljwe

Post by sdkljwe » Sep 18th, '18, 21:07

Hi,

My first interest related to Japan was anime. I still remember there was only 1 anime on VHS tape at the video rental shop back then, which was Akira and we couldn't believe such a different "cartoon" existed at the time. Throughout the 90s it wasn't so easy to find subtitled anime. We didn't have internet back then after all so you had to know people who could get you some tapes.

With the rise of the internet, it led me to enjoy japanese music and movies but it took me a while to get into jdrama. It really didn't have such a big fanbase compared to anime after all. I think JTV was the first group I was able to watch some series from such as Orange Days, Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, etc.

I'm a big fan of korean movies as well and while I tried some kdrama, I didn't really enjoy it.

I was also lucky enough to visit Japan several times. I'd definitely recommend the trip to anyone who wants to experience something different from american/european culture.

ebekah

Post by ebekah » Sep 19th, '18, 12:43

Hi!
In my case I started with some animes like Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon. And, after that, I watched live actions and other asian dramas like Full House and You are beautiful :D

Genio
India

Post by Genio » Sep 19th, '18, 13:41

Hello! I'm Genio. I am really addicted to drama. I watch drama almost everyday to relived stress. Thanks to everyone who work hard everyday to complete subs for drama. Keep up Good work!

aoinousagi
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aoinousagi » Sep 20th, '18, 04:24

Though I registered myself here on July of 2018, I just found this post today :goggle:
Hello everyone, a Jdrama and anime fan since 2013 is here. Yoroshiku ne! :salut:

auctumnitas

Post by auctumnitas » Sep 20th, '18, 17:55

hi all! I'm auctumnitas (or aki, if you frequent the cpm forums). I'm hoping to get back into j-dramas so that the years I spent studying Japanese at uni don't go to waste. if you asked what my favorite drama is I'd probably say Hanako to Anne.

lastly, to all the subbers out there... thank you for what you do - y'all rock.

PenagihDrama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Malaysia

Post by PenagihDrama » Oct 2nd, '18, 18:48

Hi, just registered today, but I have been following DA from the torrent era. I'm the quiet type so maybe will not much writing post in here (and that's the reason why I did not join much earlier). Anyway, I just want to say yoroshiku onegaishimasu! Nice to meet you all!

zatieyusri

Post by zatieyusri » Oct 3rd, '18, 06:32

Hi everyone :D
Im new here, only been active for 5 days :). Thank you so much for keeping and maintaining this site. I have been in love with manga and j-drama since high school and im in the process of learning the language, im still far behind though :'(.

Thanks for the subber and really appreciate your hard work <3<3<3. Nice to meet you all. Happy to be joining and love you all (^_^)

komanche

Post by komanche » Oct 3rd, '18, 17:52

Hey hows it going, I watch a lot of Asian drama & movies, I always struggle to find subs, & when I do, its "d-addicts" made, so I thought I'd drop by & say hi, & thank Everyone for their hard work, keep it up!
cheers!

denshaboy

Post by denshaboy » Oct 12th, '18, 13:42

hi everyone, denshaboy desu, yoroshiku
yap i'm big fan densha otoko, great dorama :D
lost my old account, so decided to make a new one. Busy with job and marriage life, need to catch up with jdorama again.
sorry with my english.

thx u

daikonboy

Post by daikonboy » Oct 14th, '18, 09:54

Hi everyone, long time lurker but first time poster. Unashamedly here for the Japanese subtitles as it helps me in learning Japanese :)

zellamv

Post by zellamv » Oct 15th, '18, 18:01

Hullo! I'm Zella, I'm a long time lurker hoping to get access to the subtitles again :P
I really appreciate all the time you guys spend on this stuff!

Regine

Post by Regine » Oct 15th, '18, 20:48

Hello everyone!
I'm an avid drama fan, I watch J-, K- and C-dramas, as well as Thai and Taiwanese dramas. Still, I always come back to J-dramas, they are my all time favorites! Some of my favorite dramas include Nirvana in Fire, Nobuta wo Produce and The First Shop of a Coffee Prince. I began watching dramas when I was attending high school, about 10 years ago, and one of my first dramas was the classic, Hana Yori Dango, that has stayed dear in my heart till this day. :)
As I suffer from mental health problems, dramas have always provided me comfort, courage and joy, when I have needed them. One can learn a lot from dramas and I think many of their positive messages have followed me through my journey in life. A big thanks to everyone in Asian drama community, was it then subbers, site admins or regular drama viewers. n__n

Syubbs

Post by Syubbs » Oct 19th, '18, 09:23

Hi am Syubbs
Am not a fan of J-dramas per say but what D-addicts have done and all the fansubbers is beyond what i can repay them for doing what they do.
My partner is Japanese, I don't really speak nor understand Japanese (Beleive it or not) and we currently resides in my home country.
So obviously being homesick is a problem. She has always been a big fan of dramas back home and i seem to always find her watching when she gets home sick. We tend to watch alot of western movies and shows with the occasional Japanese movie with subtitles obviously for my benefit but to her it just did not feel complete.
After finding out there was a library of subbed dramas even ones that date back to her highschool years i gave it a go and sat through an entire season in 2 days. I not only found i enjoyed it but to have both of our face light up, laughing and crying at scenes in unison just made me enjoy the time we have even more.
So again thank you subbers you have given us extra meaning in our relationship and because of the subbers as well my japanese is improving and i more confident to use it around her, even though it may be casual at times but its the effort that counts

So a bit of a lengthy introduction but again thank you and keep doing wat you are doing

iarachan

Post by iarachan » Oct 25th, '18, 07:06

Hello Everyone!!!
My name is Ara, I'm new here.
I am really addicted to drama. I watch K-drama, J-drama and sometimes C-drama. I really love Jun Ikedo and watch all drama which is adapted from his novel like Hanzawa Naoki and Shitamachi Rocket. For romances I really like Kahogo no Kahoko and Sukina Hito ga Iru Koto.
Thank you all for your hard work!!!
Nice to meet you :D

plumberry

Post by plumberry » Oct 26th, '18, 05:18

Hello~
I re-registered as I lost my ID/password. The last time I was active here, about 2 years ago, busy with life.
Watching jdrama & anime since the 90s.

To all the subbers, thank you very much! Cheers~

shortyemi

Post by shortyemi » Oct 29th, '18, 14:32

Hi everyone,

I am from Canada and have been enjoying Jdrama recently. I am not obsessed but find Jdrama easy to binge watch on a single weekend. Thank you to all subbers for working hard so that we can enjoy all the TV shows and movies.

If you need a subber for HK dramas, please reach out. I am available. Thank you again for great website and providing hours of entertainment for everyone.

Arigatou!

MarmarK

Post by MarmarK » Oct 29th, '18, 16:40

Hello everyone!
My name is Mary and I just registered toady.
I'm mostly into Jdramas but I watch other asian drama at times...

Thank you so much for providing subs :wub:

Tunde111

Post by Tunde111 » Nov 8th, '18, 21:13

Sziasztok!

Örülök, hogy regisztrálhattam. Szeretem a sorozatokat, itt sok feliratot megtalálok.
Köszönöm a munkátokat. Köszönet a fordítóknak.

docdrdoctor

Post by docdrdoctor » Nov 11th, '18, 03:16

What's up, all.

alienation

Post by alienation » Jan 13th, '19, 05:03

Hi all,

I am a new registered member although I have been browsing and using d-addicts site since the beginning of it.
I am also very grateful to the subbers and share'ers' on what all of you have done especially for us who do not speak the language of asian dramas.
Thank you so much because you guys still continue in providing the best subtitles.

zweijp

Post by zweijp » Jan 13th, '19, 15:23

hello everyone. just got registered a few minutes ago

currently studying japanese and focusing a lot in this year, I'm open to suggestions to good doramas about slice of life and that kind of genre to help with the studies =)

zee4869

Post by zee4869 » Jan 15th, '19, 13:02

hallo everyone, just registering few minute ago
Im newbie here .. nice to meet you all
I love dorama and very thankfull to d-addict for it subtitlles
thank you so much :wub:

MikaMiiika

Post by MikaMiiika » Jan 16th, '19, 23:51

Hi hi! I just registered!

Nice to meet you

tartiflette77

Post by tartiflette77 » Jan 19th, '19, 18:17

Hello,

I'm come from france, like Jdrama and Idols music.

See you

lqd100

Post by lqd100 » Jan 21st, '19, 20:33

Hello everyone, just registered :)
I'm a newbie here and nice to meet you all!
Big fan of Inagaki Goro <3

jamychan

Post by jamychan » Jan 23rd, '19, 07:45

Hi, I'm Jam. 'been into jdramas and movie since 2008 - first, it's for Arashi, then for Johnny's. It's a blackhole cos I as I get to know more good actors and actresses, I ventured to more dramas & movies, even the stars or plot is unknown to me.
I'm glad there's a comm like this, as I cannot watch in full raw yet.
Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu~

juicenmilk

Post by juicenmilk » Jan 23rd, '19, 22:42

Hello, I'm also new here even though I enjoy dramas since 2011 and came to d-addicts often to find information and subtitles.
I guess now that I have an account, I can also show appreciation to all the talented fan subbers that made it possible for me to enjoy Japanese shows.

tehyobear

Post by tehyobear » Jan 25th, '19, 19:01

Hello everyone! Just wanted to make a presence and say this forum looks rock solid. Thanks for having me.

Yanez
Italy

Post by Yanez » Jan 26th, '19, 05:08

Minnasan konnichiwa! Long-time lurker here, my first dorama was "Ichi lt. no namida", I've been watching jdoramas ever since, although not always regularly (I went through some jdorama-drought stints in the past). Still, slowly but surely the passion grew, and atm they're the only thing I watch with some regularity (having quit angloamerican tv series once and for all, and never having been a big cinema fan - unless we're talking about old movies, like up till the 80s/90s but preferably older; I do like some japanese movies though, even recent ones). What do I like so much about jdoramas? As cheesy as it may sound, the fact that they convey mostly nice, ethical messages aimed at making society a nicer place for us all to live in! Well, anyhow: belated thanks to all the contributors whose hard work I've had the chance to appreciate over the last +10 years! Hontou ni arigatou gozaimashita! Kore kara mou yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :notworthy:

Vije

Post by Vije » Feb 10th, '19, 07:14

Hi everyone...I'm Steven, I'm from Clifton.

Inohara

Post by Inohara » Feb 12th, '19, 02:55

Hey all! I am fairly new to this website but have been a fan of j-dramas since I was 13, 8 years ago!! Crazy lol I love the community, everyone is very kind and positive :)

elsiedarling

Post by elsiedarling » Feb 14th, '19, 17:23

Hii!

My name's Elsie, I'm from New Jersey and I've been a big fan of Asian dramas for the past two years.

Nice to meet you all! :D

katsurasai

Post by katsurasai » Mar 2nd, '19, 02:36

Hello I'm Kat,

I'm not new here. I actually discovered d-addicts about 5 years ago. At the time I used this site when I had free time from school. (I had the page saved, unfortunatly with a new computer all that info deleted)... Anyhow school took most of my time but now that I am graduated and finally working as a registered nurse (tons of free time now) I look forward to using this site again to find some new med shows to watch! I am glad to be back! I couldn't recall my previous login details but just made a new account. I love shows with comedy, I'm a hopeless romantic. I find it entertaining to watch for "medical errors" on med shows. I find it very funny and entertaining. I am also open to learning something new and making new friends! :-) :D :mrgreen:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 2nd, '19, 09:16

katsurasai wrote: Mar 2nd, '19, 02:36 Hello I'm Kat,

I'm not new here. I actually discovered d-addicts about 5 years ago. At the time I used this site when I had free time from school. (I had the page saved, unfortunatly with a new computer all that info deleted)... Anyhow school took most of my time but now that I am graduated and finally working as a registered nurse (tons of free time now) I look forward to using this site again to find some new med shows to watch! I am glad to be back! I couldn't recall my previous login details but just made a new account. I love shows with comedy, I'm a hopeless romantic. I find it entertaining to watch for "medical errors" on med shows. I find it very funny and entertaining. I am also open to learning something new and making new friends! :-) :D :mrgreen:
Could you please reduce your signature's image to something like 500x200p?

The resolution of your current image 1920x1080p.

rahci15

Post by rahci15 » Mar 5th, '19, 06:02

Good day to all! I'm rahci. I started watching jdrama in 2002 because of Gokusen.
and watching more more dramas. I like Kdrama and other asian drama but I'm into Jdrama.
because I studied a bit Japanese, so I think watching Jdrama will also help me to develop my listening comprehension ^^.

I encountered this forum before, but I just recently registered.

Nice to meet you all. ^_^

rei-lollipops
France

Post by rei-lollipops » Mar 8th, '19, 20:22

Hi everyone !
I'm rei and live in France. I love japanese dramas, japanese culture and japanese music and reading! Well nice to meet you all :D

hotsushi-kun

Post by hotsushi-kun » Mar 14th, '19, 19:27

Hello there, i am now here. I love Korean drama, but i also like Japanese, Chinese and Thai dramas as well.

I am here for some old dramas to watch.

Sanicr

Post by Sanicr » Mar 18th, '19, 07:55

Hi all...I'm Elliot. I'm new here

blue_sapphire

Post by blue_sapphire » Apr 12th, '19, 07:33

Hi! I'm Mae and I have been a fan of J-drama/J-pop for many years already, but I stopped for like ~A year and half but I'm back lol

It's my first time to stumble upon this and I, honestly speaking, don't know anything about torrents or just anything about the ropes of this (since I always watch at drama viewing apps e.g. Viki, Netflix).... but I'm hoping to learn it slowly and maybe, sub an episode or a two in the future. :D

If there's someone who is kind enough to guide me about the ropes or just everything that is going on in this forum, then I'll be really glad!

I'll be in your care!

danetosanzo

Post by danetosanzo » Apr 14th, '19, 15:00

Hi, I'm Solène and I like watchning asian movies and dramas.

I think I had an account here many years ago but with the lost of two computers, I lost many links and password and more... Anyway, I'm happy to be here among you all.

myohanssi

Post by myohanssi » Apr 26th, '19, 05:48

Hello, I'm Mirella and I really enjoy watching asian dramas and movies, especially Korean and Japanese ones.

I'm new here, just found when I was searching for Jimi ni Sugoi! DX english subtitles and was pretty lucky.
Anyways, happy to be here now. Hope we get along :)

Jtm06
United States of America

Post by Jtm06 » May 1st, '19, 01:29

Hello,
I came here from raredoramas.info. I haven't seen many J-dramas but I decided a few months ago I wanted to improve my Japanese and have been trying to watch more Japanese shows/movies since then.

silvermoon

Post by silvermoon » May 5th, '19, 10:09

Hello,
I'm an avid for manga, anime, and dramas (especially Korean and Japanese).
Excited to be a part of this wonderful family. :thumleft:

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :cheers:

aeto

Post by aeto » May 5th, '19, 14:32

Just wanted to say hi!
I got into J-Drama by watching Densha Otoko and Gokusen, sticked around for some years and decided recently that I should check back in to see how everything developed since then.

Nishya

Post by Nishya » May 5th, '19, 22:57

Hello!
I'm a long-time J-drama/anime/manga fan, and I'm also interested in J-pop. I learned Japanese for 5 years, but never got further than the high-elementary level...
I hope I can contribute someway to the D-Addicts community, and I'd like to specially thank the admins and moderators for their work!

KelyMac

Post by KelyMac » Jul 8th, '19, 12:18

Hello everyone from sunny Russia

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 8th, '19, 12:22

KelyMac wrote: Jul 8th, '19, 12:18 Hello everyone from sunny Russia
Hello and welcome from a sunny Sweden. :D

LForward1

Post by LForward1 » Jul 22nd, '19, 11:09

I'm new here

tsunadesama60

Post by tsunadesama60 » Aug 17th, '19, 11:04

Hi Im new here. Thanks for all the subs. Just stated watching jap live Action dramas and movies.

vin1013
Hong Kong

Post by vin1013 » Aug 23rd, '19, 08:45

Hello everyone. I am from Hong Kong. Thanks for all the subs.

rolcave

Post by rolcave » Sep 11th, '19, 04:56

Hello

rolca here, love doramas and Variety Shows (Mechaike was my favorite)

saludos

rolca