Help me translate this from Korean to English

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
chikha

Help me translate this from Korean to English

Post by chikha » Apr 16th, '13, 04:13

I need help please help me translate the text on images from korean to english thanks

1.) Image

Question:

What is the man worrying about? He can't see his mother? His grandmother? He can't see his brother? or His p
et?

2.) Image

Question:

Where is the girl going? Church? Cafe? Movies? or School?

3.) Image

Question:

What are the two people going to do? Go to the park? Eat food? Watch Movie? or Go to Karaoke?.

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Apr 24th, '13, 14:12

Why not help yourself to learn the Korean language? Help yourself first, so that others can help you too. The Korean language and writing is not that difficult to learn, in fact, it is possible to learn all the Korean alphabet in one day. :-) Either google Korean Alphabet Chart to learn the pronunciation sound or try using this Virtual Korean Keyboard, then copy and paste the syllable or word to (google) search for the meaning in your native language.
http://www.branah.com/korean

By the way, one of my younger friend finds this manhwa interesting, so where can this series be found online?
Is this some kind of quiz or your homework? I know the answers, but I won't tell :P

ooyoo

Post by ooyoo » Apr 24th, '13, 14:20

Indeed. Google Translate even has a Hangul keyboard you can use to type the Korean characters - very helpful if you can't use an Input Method.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 24th, '13, 14:23

y0ssy wrote:The Korean language and writing is not that difficult to learn,
Alphabet - yes. language - no.

@chikha: why not learning hangeul at least?
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

jasminee

Post by jasminee » Apr 24th, '13, 14:35

I know the answers too :P
ahh now I remember how I studied Korean like two years ago. I thought that self study didn't work, but at least I understand those easy sentences :D

y0ssy

Post by y0ssy » Apr 24th, '13, 14:36

Ethlenn wrote:
y0ssy wrote:The Korean language and writing is not that difficult to learn,
Alphabet - yes. language - no.

@chikha: why not learning hangeul at least?
Yes, i agree... language-wise it can be difficult for someone without any Japanese language background to pick up it as quickly, and the Korean Keigo expressions can be a stumbling block for some people who may come from an entirely different background, etc, etc....

Anyway, what i mean to say is that, there isn't any Hanja (i.e. Chinese characters) in the above manhwa, so it is a fun way to learn the Korean language. :-)

yuki238

Post by yuki238 » Apr 24th, '13, 14:37

I'll give you the answer, since I know a lil bit Korean.
Is it a quiz?

1) He is calling for his younger brother or sister/younger friend which he consider a brother. Notice the "동생" word at the last window? It's referring to a younger fellow, name Hyeon-mi.

2) Owh ok, so the comics is related to each other pardon me. Hyeon-mi is a girl. Hyeon-mi is going to school. Notice the word "학교" which means School. & she is saying "Right now, I'm going to school!"

3) In the first window, the guy is saying, "Do you want to eat Ddeokbokki? Notice the word "떡볶이" means Spicy Rice Cake & "먹고" means to eat. Then the girl reply : "좋아!" (which can be translate, I would like to!"

Dear @chikha if you're interested to learn korean, you can start by learning the alphabet first, by going to class or etc. But, watching korean dramas & variety also help because I learn Korean that way too.^^