What car do you drive?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

What is the car brand of your ride?

BMW
9
3%
Nissan/Inifiniti
28
10%
Mitsubishi
12
4%
Toyota/Lexus
47
17%
Honda/Acura
59
22%
Mercedes
8
3%
GM brand (Dodge, Cadillac, etc.)
10
4%
Other
61
22%
no car
40
15%
 
Total votes: 274

User avatar
gullybe
Posts: 42
Joined: Feb 14th, '04, 19:11
Location: Dubai

Post by gullybe » Feb 9th, '05, 00:16

The family just bought Honda CRV and Ford Escape. and maybe soon Honda Jazz...

and I am planning definitely this year to get one for myself. last year, i was looking at Hyundai coupe or Mazda 626.
....paTientLy waiTing f0R......

TheBombastic1
Posts: 22
Joined: Jan 12th, '05, 06:52

Re: Bombastic is a Caca DooDoohead

Post by TheBombastic1 » Feb 9th, '05, 03:01

NatNat wrote:Jesus, Bombastic. What a longwinded reply. I didn't even bother reading all of that because I got bored with your banal ranting by the end of the 1st sentence.


stop being an embittered, contrary jackass.
Sweetie, I have no problem if you get a kick out of sticking up for people. Good for you, I say. But please be mindful of who you’re sticking up for. If you stick around crap, you’re going to end up smelling like crap as well. As for my reply, the sheer idiocy Vatima Corlati demanded that I address it in the manner I did. Like I said, if I smell bullsh1t, I will call it out. So sue me for being frank.

And if you’re going to use words like a “embittered, contrary jackass”, please at least attempt to explain how you arrived at that conclusion without having read my post beyond the first sentence. If not, it just comes across as calling me names just for the novelty of it. And that makes you no better than the people you deride for being mean.

You take care, honey.

innocentchica
Posts: 219
Joined: Sep 8th, '04, 01:28

Post by innocentchica » Feb 9th, '05, 03:09

sniffles....i have no car! just got my permit less than 2 months ago...... and i think it's going to be another 5 yrs before i get my license.... i'm too lazy to learn how to drive... being the passenger is... relaxing. :lol

Leyburn
Posts: 42
Joined: Mar 28th, '04, 21:19

Re: Bombastic is a Caca DooDoohead

Post by Leyburn » Feb 9th, '05, 04:49

TheBombastic1 wrote:
NatNat wrote:Jesus, Bombastic. What a longwinded reply. I didn't even bother reading all of that because I got bored with your banal ranting by the end of the 1st sentence.


stop being an embittered, contrary jackass.
Sweetie, I have no problem if you get a kick out of sticking up for people. Good for you, I say. But please be mindful of who you’re sticking up for. If you stick around crap, you’re going to end up smelling like crap as well. As for my reply, the sheer idiocy Vatima Corlati demanded that I address it in the manner I did. Like I said, if I smell bullsh1t, I will call it out. So sue me for being frank.

And if you’re going to use words like a “embittered, contrary jackass”, please at least attempt to explain how you arrived at that conclusion without having read my post beyond the first sentence. If not, it just comes across as calling me names just for the novelty of it. And that makes you no better than the people you deride for being mean.

You take care, honey.
I disagree nat, as a matter of fact, I do enjoy reading bombastic's "ranting" Hahahahaha, I cant resist it, I just have to reply to this one...it seems to me he's better than a dog to sniff a lot of" bullsh$t" around here eh? some people just want to stay on the "good" side which is probably vatima's since u already have a bad rep for initiating a number of arguments verging to possible banning, so they refuse to see some sense on what you're saying :lol

User avatar
PurpleMoose
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 16th, '04, 05:57
Location: Maruoka, Fukui, Japan by way of NJ

Post by PurpleMoose » Feb 9th, '05, 05:36

Well, no one replied about my kei-car so I guess that means no one understands, and people have been complaining about their cars, so I figured I'd join in. So a kei-car is a special class of car that is sold in Japan. The restriction is that the engine must be under 650cc, which means it's effectively a small car with a small motorcycle engine in it. So, it's tiny and doesn't go very fast (have never taken it on the expressway, I'm too afraid). The one positive thing is that it's 4WD so it's not too horrible in winter. Except for the fact that it weighs nothing and therefore bounces and vibrates like an ancient wooden rollercoaster on snowy/icy roads.

sillykid
Posts: 29
Joined: Jan 31st, '05, 22:43
Location: USA

Post by sillykid » Feb 9th, '05, 05:53

I think they have the same type of car in Vietnam. I'm sorry you have to drive such a POS. Maybe one day you can get a GTR.

User avatar
kood
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 285
Joined: Feb 29th, '04, 10:07
Location: USA

Post by kood » Feb 9th, '05, 06:27


User avatar
Vatima Corlati
Posts: 12
Joined: Feb 4th, '05, 06:03
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by Vatima Corlati » Feb 9th, '05, 08:25

TheBombastic1 wrote:
Vatima Corlati wrote:You seem to love the enjoyment of arising argument.
I get no pleasure from arguing. But your gibberish seems to necessitate it.
Oh please. People who would actually say that don't know how to fully utilize the
transportation here.
Oh please. People who would actually go on about utilizing LA’s transportation fully obviously have never dealt with it.
Calling me a liar is an understatement for what you just said here. Each bus carriesschedules of their "approximate" time periods and stops. From what you just said, a bus thats maybe 2 minutes late off schedule is already considered "horrible". That's pathetic. Knowing when buses will arrive at certain time periods can help you
"efficiently" on where you want to go. Also, the LA metro has it's own phoning system to allow us to ask directions on a certain destination. And if that's not
enough, you can even get the same information on their website. The amount of time
to get there, the bus numbers you have to ride, and at what time they will arrive
. For
the year I have been here, I have never been close to being late or not knowing where
I am.
Calling you a liar the first time was sarcasm-laced speculation on my part. But after reading this POS reply, I’m convinced I was right. This piece of utter BS you call information can only be said by someone who’s never been to Los Angeles. All that bull you said about the LA metro, yes it has schedules and routes. But then again, what bus system doesn’t? But just because you found out that the bus system has schedules does nothing to prove that you are not a liar -you can find that information anywhere. What convinces me that you’re not from Los Angeles is your apparent lack of experience-based knowledge. Experience would show you that these time schedules and routes don’t reflect the reality of living in LA.

For a city like Los Angeles, the bus system is highly inefficient. If, even though I doubt it, you’ve been in LA for year as you claim you’ve surely noticed that LA is a city that sprawls out – as compared to densely concentrated as in NYC. LA’s bus system might be helpful if you’re spending all your time in LA in the same tiny area, but the very nature of the city makes is close to impossible to be limited to a small area of it. ( And if you;re going to be limted to such a small area, why use the bus at all when you can just walk?)Places you need to go, as dictated by everyday living, practically require you to go into various areas of Los Angeles quite frequently. To do so using the bus system is not at all practical. Unless you possess the highest level of patience possible and an endless abundance of time, it is quite the hassle to use the bus system to get around in LA. The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. Bus systems in general, not only in LA but elsewhere, are often counterintuitive to that and require going out your way a bit. But the reason why bus systems in other major cities work is that most other major cities have a concentrated density that doesn’t require a covering a whole of area, so using the bus system doesn’t come across as being too much of a hassle. In LA, where everything is so spread out over a large area, in addition to the traffic congestion you’d expect from any large city, using the bus system means going out of your way too much and too time consuming to be efficient. Anyone who’s live in LA for a year should have quickly realized that. Moreover, in other cities like NYC, the bus system seems to work in conjunction with their subway system and abundance of cabs so that public transportation over there often seems more practical and efficient than having a car in such a densely packed area.
Oh jeez...you're acting like the subway was the ONLY means of transportation here. Yes, it's true that the train may not be used that much, but that's because it isn't as widely connected as using buses. You can't just use the subway, and expect to stop a block away from your house...and the same goes for NYC and Chicago.
Please don’t even try to compare a subway system like NYC’s to LA’s. First, the subway system in NYC covers a large portion of the city. LA’s covers very, very little of the city. Second, because the subways in NYC work very well with the bus systems and the cab availability, even if you don’t expect to stop a block away from your house, you can use their bus system or cabs to take you the rest of the way, so that commuting via subway is efficient. LA’s bus system is inefficient, cabs are not abundant and require calling them for a pick up, and therefore LA’s subway’s insufficient coverage of the city renders commuting by subway unpractical. In fact, I sometimes wonder if the only reason LA has a subway system is just so the city can say it has one – not for any real functional reason.
Taxi's are mainly used as a last resort. High rates are the downside to this, but it's a whole lot better than paying for gas prices.
As a point of fact, cab rates in LA run very close to the average cab rates of any other major city. I said “high fare” because the overall fare you’d expect to pay is high because you have to cover a lot of area due to the spread out nature of the city, and you don’t have an efficient bus system or a subway system to help your transportation. If it’s for sporadic, once in a while type situations, using cabs is preferable to having to hassle with the deficiencies of LA’s bus and subway systems. Last resort would be to use the bus, only in the case that you don't have the cash to cover the cab fare.

Gas prices in LA are actually not that bad either. One cab trip can easily cost more than one trip to the gas station. Yeah, Angelinos complain about rising gas prices, but I’ve traveled to other parts of the world, and after seeing what gas cost in some other parts of the world, gas prices in LA seem very reasonable. A full tank in LA cost me around the 20 dollar mark whereas I’ve been to places where a full tank cost the equivalent of 60 to 80 dollars. And unless you’re the Governator, with a gas guzzling Hummer, you probably won’t be filling up your car that frequently.

My goodness. For someone who claims to use exclusively buses, subways, and taxis, you don't seem to realistically know much about any of them,
Trust me, in LA, you don't need a car. There are only a few major cities in the US that's lucky enough to have these many choices. Owning a car not only needs responsibility, but also a nice enough wallet to hold enough money to get you through the week with their gas prices.

Cars here are not a necessity, it's a luxury.
Cars in LA are not a luxury. Nice German sedans are a luxury. If you value time and your sanity, cars are a must in LA. There are a few people in LA who don’t have cars, like Natnat apparently, but most of them are just waiting until they can get one. As for Natnat, I honestly don’t know how you can rely just on a bicycle, unless you are a fanatic about cycling, you have many nice friends who give you rides, or you’re still in school and stick to the campus most of the time. Either way, Natnat is the exception rather than the norm. Yes, having a car requires responsibility, but then welcome to adulthood. And any responsibility pales in comparison to the daily headaches you’ll get if you just rely on LA’s public transportation. Gas prices are reasonable and it’s not like you need to fill up every day., depending on your car once a week should be sufficient.

That bit about LA being lucky enough to have choices is just ignorant. That’s like a ski resort bragging bout having all sorts of artificial snow making machines, even though none of them make any decent snow you can actually ski on.

If anyone plans on living in LA, get a car, even if it’s an inexpensive one. It is a must if you don’t want to be relegated and limited to the couple blocks around your house.

Vatima Corlati, I don’t see how anyone can trust you. I don’t know how anyone can take you seriously at all. You claim to live in Los Angeles, and rely exclusively on buses, subways, and taxis and yet, you seem to know nothing about any of them save for what misconceptions about LA you have and the little meaningless data you probably pulled up on the net. Nothing you said about buses, subways, and taxis in LA displays any of the knowledge you get from any sort of experience with them.
Considering all this, I highly doubt you even knew these transportations existed in LA at all. Pease take the time to understand the facts about something before actually
using them to make these false statements.
Considering all this, I have to reiterate my belief that you are misrepresenting yourself about being from LA. Stop faking. I don’t know why you feel it necessary to do so, but next time you feel like doing so, please take the time to realize that there are things you can’t be dishonest about.

Public transportation in LA, for example, is something you can’t BS about unless you have actually lived there. Don’t be spewing out mistruths and misrepresentations of LA, especially since it’s now obvious to me that you’ve even never set foot in LA.

Unfortunately, unlike you, some of us aren't blessed with a car....but since I don't want to arise the argument even further, I'll stop.
Yes. Stop. It’d be better if you stop pretending and lying. People like me will catch your dishonesty and call you out on it. In addition, I don't want to have to keep setting you straight.

Pardon me for getting harsh in tone, but I get irked when dishonest people who’ve clearly never lived in LA misrepresent the city. I love LA. I’ve lived there for over 10 years, almost 15. In all that time, how could I not fall in love with the city? It is one of the unique cities in the world and the one of the few I know of where areas like Little Armenia, Koreatown, Chinatown, Little Saigon and Little Tokyo can coexist in the same city. But I love the city, much in the way I love a girl – by accepting its shortcomings and its unwritten codes. And one its shortcomings is its horrible public transportation options and one of the codes is that in LA, you need a car. Accept that, and don't act otherwise unless you've actually set foot in LA.

Now, if LA can come up with decent public transportation options, one that can adapt to the nature of the city without losing efficiency, I can get behind that. After all, I would like to think that I too am capable of environmental concerns.
I still stick to my last reply. I don't claim to know everything about LA's transportation, but
I know well enough to say that it isn't anywhere near horrible.

Grow up. Now that I see this, I'm afraid of posting at any subject in fear that you might
disagree and argue on it just because you think you can prove everything I say is a lie.

However, if you want proof of YOUR idiocity...you can arrange a meeting with me at the
Rapid stop at WIlshire/Western. I live just 3 blocks from there. I can treat you to a
Denny's where the commercial strip stores are and discuss more about this
issue.

Ohh, but wait...how can I know where that is!!!???

I could have easily got that information from someone who actually lived in LA to cover
up MORE LIES......OHHH NOEZ!!!!111oneoneone
Last edited by Vatima Corlati on Feb 9th, '05, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Bando
Posts: 7
Joined: Dec 9th, '04, 19:22
Location: Santa Fe

Post by Bando » Feb 9th, '05, 09:42

Toyota MR2 Spyder

This one Image
Bando
Last edited by Bando on Feb 10th, '05, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Olga_2005
Posts: 56
Joined: Jan 10th, '05, 22:04
Location: Montreal

Post by Olga_2005 » Feb 9th, '05, 09:47

I'm doing my theory exam on March 10th ><!!!!!!!!!

Gotta pass it.. gotta pass it....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
~ In the black gloom before my eyes, I saw a straight road leading from me to him. He seemed to glow with white light. That was the effect he had on me. ~
Image

User avatar
NatNat
Posts: 123
Joined: Nov 26th, '04, 04:14
Location: los angeles, ca

Re: Bombastic is a Caca DooDoohead

Post by NatNat » Feb 9th, '05, 12:01

TheBombastic1 wrote:
NatNat wrote:Jesus, Bombastic. What a longwinded reply. I didn't even bother reading all of that because I got bored with your banal ranting by the end of the 1st sentence.


stop being an embittered, contrary jackass.
Sweetie, I have no problem if you get a kick out of sticking up for people. Good for you, I say. But please be mindful of who you’re sticking up for. If you stick around crap, you’re going to end up smelling like crap as well. As for my reply, the sheer idiocy Vatima Corlati demanded that I address it in the manner I did. Like I said, if I smell bullsh1t, I will call it out. So sue me for being frank.

And if you’re going to use words like a “embittered, contrary jackass”, please at least attempt to explain how you arrived at that conclusion without having read my post beyond the first sentence. If not, it just comes across as calling me names just for the novelty of it. And that makes you no better than the people you deride for being mean.

You take care, honey.
I'm not really sticking up for anyone. Your so-called "calling out the bullshit" make my eyes roll like this
:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll
Because really, what does anyone gain from your underwhelming remarks?

I called you embittered and contrary because you seem to have nothing but extremely negative comments that i've seen in the past posts that I've viewed. Nothing that came out of your mouth (err, hands) could ever be construed as Positive or Nice. I could only assume you're contrary because nobody could possibly be against everything everyone says alllllll the time (and it looks as if though you're just here to incense people). I could be wrong since I haven't taken the time to read all the posts you've ever made in d-addicts history, but hey "Honey," I guess I'll just go on with my Posi Crusade blind.

**edit**
I misread your post, leyburn! God, I need to brush up on comprehension skills.
Anyway, I disagree with you on what bombastic had to say about the LA transit system. I mean, he wasn't completely wrong, but he wasn't exactly completely right either. I just got annoyed that he just speaks with soooooo much authority and shat all over someone who had a different POV.

Yah, agreed, it's probably nice to have a car in LA major but not a necessity.

That's it. That is all I will say on this subject.

good
night
Last edited by NatNat on Feb 9th, '05, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xiaryx
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 257
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 04:06
Location: Cambridge, MA

Post by xiaryx » Feb 9th, '05, 12:06

@Bombastic1 and Nat, Play nice people... Go outside and breath some fresh air.. Maybe you guys have been staring at your comp for too long... Chill out, getting angry is not good for your heart/skin :lol

User avatar
NatNat
Posts: 123
Joined: Nov 26th, '04, 04:14
Location: los angeles, ca

Post by NatNat » Feb 9th, '05, 12:09

xiaryx wrote:@Bombastic1 and Nat, Play nice people... Go outside and breath some fresh air.. Maybe you guys have been staring at your comp for too long... Chill out, getting angry is not good for your heart/skin :lol
Fresh air in LA? ha ha ha!

Leyburn
Posts: 42
Joined: Mar 28th, '04, 21:19

Post by Leyburn » Feb 9th, '05, 12:21

@nat
my bad for mixing up my pronouns :P

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2973
Joined: Feb 3rd, '04, 19:53
Location: missin' hawaii

Post by jholic » Feb 9th, '05, 13:50

wow. :blink

i thought all we wanted to know was what kind of car you drove?
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

User avatar
kali4niaguy
Posts: 165
Joined: Sep 28th, '04, 19:00
Location: :D

Post by kali4niaguy » Feb 9th, '05, 14:06

jholic wrote:wow. :blink
i thought all we wanted to know was what kind of car you drove?
that's also what i thought when i saw the subject of the thread! but some ppl just feel that it's no fun unless there's a little flaming going on. :glare:

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1438
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Feb 9th, '05, 14:37

Lessee, these days my pleasure/family car is my '99 Buick Regal GS, supercharged, and recently with a nice little power chip installed. My work car is a very ordinary looking '97 Nissan Altima with a pair of 12" Infinity subs and 2000 watts in the trunk.
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

User avatar
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 484
Joined: Apr 20th, '04, 01:34
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 9th, '05, 20:11

lately, when a thread passed the ~5 page mark, u can bet ur ass there will be some flame wars in between...with D-A's regular activists involved(care to make a list? :P )

of course, I wouldnt count Ruros' Vietnam Trip

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 9th, '05, 20:29

btw, what do you guys think about old russian cars.. like this one:

Image

It`s a Moskvitš (I hope I wrote the name right) and it is pretty fun to drive. I don`t want to make fun of it etc, but it really is a piece of work. Fortunately this is not my second car, it is my sisters boyfriends car.. and it still works!! (btw in this pic this is not his car.. it is just a random pic I choose to show you guys, how does a Moskvitš look like) Basically here is the story:
1. When you drive winter: when we have -5 celcius till -15 celcius it is pretty cold to drive cause the heating is not working as it should be....... ofcourse you can drive IF you can open the door outside because it is often frozen (cause of the cold)... (besides doors there are many other things that are frozen too)
2. when you drive in his car.. you have to be careful not to sit behind the driver, because the seat is just falling down all the time :lol .. so the driver has one hand on the wheel and the other on the seat so that the back of the seat doesn`t fall down..
3. then there is this radio that receives only low frequency.. and the antenna is a 2 meter long iron staff (yes staff!!) that`s why the owners of that kind of car don`t use antennas
4. Moskvitš`s doorlocks... well you can just say you can open them with regual house keys :P
5. The side mirrors.. no use of them because they are small..... and shaking :blink
6. when the car doesn`t start (which happens pretty often) then you have to go under the hood and pump the gas into the engine
7. when you drive over 80 km per hour the car makes pretty interesting sound. It feels like you are driving in a rally car that drives at the moment at least 150 km per hour..
8. but, but!! this car has also something good.. the strut shock absorbers.. they are just too good.. you need a helmet when you go driving, because you just hit your head all the time...
9. and another good point: the car is mostly made of iron. So you don`t have to worry when someone drives into you.. the car will ot suffer a huge damage.. it`s the other cars driver that has to worry when he is in an accident where the other car is a Moskvitš :lol

so this was the story about a "precious" car called Moskvitš.. btw, if you encounter one just keep your distance!!
oh and if you at any strange circumstances own a Moskvitš or you are going to be a owner of a Moskivitš just remember you can fix everything in this car when you hit it pretty hard! :D

midnightblue
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 4th, '04, 17:31

Post by midnightblue » Feb 9th, '05, 20:55

I don't think bright orange is a good color for an armored reconnaissance vehicle.

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 9th, '05, 22:31

midnightblue wrote:I don't think bright orange is a good color for an armored reconnaissance vehicle.
you haven`t seen anything yet .. people paint them bright purple.. white with red spots .. bright yellow ...
this orage thingy is pertty soft :P
they paint them and then go into a rally... Unfortunately they won`t stay only in the rallys.. you can see them sometimes in the city too :blink

User avatar
NatNat
Posts: 123
Joined: Nov 26th, '04, 04:14
Location: los angeles, ca

Post by NatNat » Feb 10th, '05, 03:39

that Moskvitš is a really hot looking car
especially since it's orange.

man, orange is such a rad color.

beer
Posts: 146
Joined: Jan 28th, '04, 20:28

Post by beer » Feb 10th, '05, 03:42

Audi

User avatar
58-66
Posts: 66
Joined: Apr 10th, '04, 01:02
Location: San Francisco, CA

Post by 58-66 » Feb 10th, '05, 06:53

1993 Corolla

Image

too many mods to list haha i guess if anyone actually cares you can PM me...

apart from dorama, cars are my other hobby :D

User avatar
BT-Slut
Posts: 212
Joined: Apr 8th, '04, 09:33
Location: China
Contact:

Post by BT-Slut » Feb 10th, '05, 07:02

jaycee05 wrote:lately, when a thread passed the ~5 page mark, u can bet ur ass there will be some flame wars in between...with D-A's regular activists involved(care to make a list? :P )
Yes jaycee05, I'd be interested in such a list. I hope jolly ole me wouldn't be on such a list. :lol

Please PM me if you don't want to divulge the contents of this list publicly.

beer
Posts: 146
Joined: Jan 28th, '04, 20:28

Post by beer » Feb 10th, '05, 20:21

You know you're too much into anime when you recognize your car in this picture:

Image

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 10th, '05, 23:21

whaa, holy smoke.. what is that? :blink

User avatar
NatNat
Posts: 123
Joined: Nov 26th, '04, 04:14
Location: los angeles, ca

Post by NatNat » Feb 10th, '05, 23:46

marit wrote:whaa, holy smoke.. what is that? :blink
"What is 'an extremely AWESOME car.' alex?"

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 11th, '05, 00:02

I tried to understand what you said NatNat.. but it was no use... I think I am just not soo good in english.. gomene... so I just gave up... gomene ....
can you please translate it a bit lighter english? pretty please?

oh and if my reaction to this car was a bit.. hmm.. wild.. then again gomene, but that was how I felt first when I saw that pic :P

actually later if I looked at that pic a bit longer.. then you know this might be a pretty useful car.. at least this front thingy might be pretty useful when you want to carry something or just bump something out of the way

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1438
Joined: Feb 21st, '04, 08:34
Location: East Bay
Contact:

Post by aNToK » Feb 11th, '05, 00:11

@Marit: She likes it.

Watch "Jeopardy" once and you'll understand...
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 11th, '05, 00:14

aaa.. wakata... thanks :D

beer
Posts: 146
Joined: Jan 28th, '04, 20:28

Post by beer » Feb 11th, '05, 01:07

BTW, Marit, a can of silicon spray from any gas station can do miracles to those door seals (and make doors open even when it's cold), while replacing the shot shock absorbers will save you some bumps on the head and bring back handling at 80-120kmph. Admittedly new shock absorbers may in fact cost more than the Moskvich itself. :P

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 20:49

Post by marit » Feb 11th, '05, 01:31

ok, I remember the silicon spray, it might be pretty useful.. sometimes I also can`t open the doors of my bmw... then I wonder what kind of work my sisters boyfriend has to do to open the doors of his Moskvitš.. thanks, I deffinately will remember that :)

and about those shock absorbers... you are pretty right.. they probably will cost more than Moskvitš itself :roll

User avatar
thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 241
Joined: Jan 7th, '04, 05:35
Location: Here.

Post by thetenken » Feb 11th, '05, 04:49

I drive a somewhat modded 2002 VW GTI. It's been quite good to me, though I don't know how much longer I'm going to hold onto it...
"Is it possible that I have survived somehow until today? What you say seems but a dream dreamed within a dreamer's dream." - Norimori, Tale of the Heike

User avatar
Ping Pong
Posts: 22
Joined: Feb 7th, '05, 05:21

Post by Ping Pong » Feb 12th, '05, 11:50

Well, I got my first car when I was 18 (in the year 2002); it was a Toyota Corrola year 1988..but it drove like a new car; the only reason I had to get rid of it was because my baby's carseat wouldn't fit in it..and it was pretty old...and I had a new baby...so...uh...yeah....the second car I got was nicknamed (by me and sister) 'The Car of Doom' *cue 'Pyscho' music* because evey time you drove, you'd usually end up stranded somewhere; it was a 1994 Chysler, Eagle Vision TSi...I do not reccomend this car...it cost more money to fix it than it was to actually buy it :x The car I drive now (and voted for obviously ^_^) is my Chevrolet, Malibu Classic (Campagne color; very purty)...I love this car...I got it for my 21's birthday last year (November 25, just in case you peeps were wondering) and I've had no probelms with it; it costs around $20.00 for a full tank of gas and lasts for about 2 1/2 weeks. Very good car!!!

User avatar
Atomic
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 15:24
Location: Toronto/Manila

Post by Atomic » Feb 28th, '05, 00:31

Ok well I crashed my Prelude a month ago.. It's now fixed, and better than ever.. Total damage done = $8500.00

Here are the pics
Attachments
car1.JPG
car1.JPG (111.09 KiB) Viewed 3948 times
car2.JPG
car2.JPG (156.97 KiB) Viewed 3949 times
car.JPG
car.JPG (113.64 KiB) Viewed 3951 times

User avatar
Gowcaizer
Posts: 7
Joined: Feb 23rd, '05, 19:20
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Gowcaizer » Feb 28th, '05, 01:56

I drive a Ford Taurus, for now...
Feigning disinterest and patience are the key!

Image

Shindou-Kun
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 270
Joined: Feb 22nd, '05, 00:58
Location: Norway
Contact:

Post by Shindou-Kun » Feb 28th, '05, 23:38

I live in Norway and drive a 1999 Toyota Corolla. It's an excelent car. I love it! Never any problems with it. My next car is most likely gonna be a Toyota Prius.
Image

User avatar
bwena87
Posts: 79
Joined: May 4th, '05, 11:33
Location: Perth, Western Austraila

Post by bwena87 » Nov 14th, '05, 14:44

MUGEN POWER!!! :lol

ive got my first car in June 05, i drive a Honda Civic VTi Coupe! i think its a Civic Ex in the US!! here is a pic of it!
Attachments
civic vti.jpg
civic vti.jpg (74.16 KiB) Viewed 3848 times
Last edited by bwena87 on Nov 14th, '05, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 858
Joined: Sep 23rd, '05, 09:27

Post by Xi@h » Nov 14th, '05, 15:02

I drive a Renault Extra '95!

User avatar
BoX
Posts: 61
Joined: Aug 22nd, '05, 10:52
Location: Bulgaria

Post by BoX » Nov 14th, '05, 17:55

From about a year I drive Volkswagen Golf III (mk.3 to some) '94. It's secondhand (can't afford anything else with my salary :cry: ), but I love it soo much :wub:. And it's huuuuge step forward, compared to my old family car - russian Zhiguli (Lada 2101) '81. It's 1970s model, has 62 horsepower, 20 of which probably died right in the factory, no hydraulics on the steering, no amplification on the brakes, you have to depend on raw power to control it...

Image
midnightblue wrote:I don't think bright orange is a good color for an armored reconnaissance vehicle.
If I'm not mistaken first Moskvitches were made from melted german helmets from WWII, so indeed they are armoured vehicles :mrgreen: .

User avatar
Seghal
Posts: 331
Joined: Aug 22nd, '05, 17:34
Location: Raxacoricofallapatorius
Contact:

Post by Seghal » Nov 14th, '05, 18:13

A red Renault Twingo '98 with 58 horsepower. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Gir
Posts: 746
Joined: Oct 27th, '04, 20:47
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Post by Gir » Nov 14th, '05, 18:51

I drive a Ford F-150 4X4.
Image
This is the only picture I have of it, but you can see the reason it is a 4X4.



Now this was my first pickup, back when I was young and foolish. :lol
I havn't done that kind of stuff since.
Image

User avatar
tUrtleAE86
Posts: 107
Joined: Jul 31st, '04, 15:56
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Contact:

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Nov 14th, '05, 19:26

I drive a 2004 Toyota Echo RS. Very happy with it. :-)
Attachments
IMG_0290s.jpg
IMG_0290s.jpg (88.62 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
echoRS_s.jpg
echoRS_s.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Image

User avatar
8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 630
Joined: Sep 29th, '05, 03:17
Location: Fansub addict
Contact:

Post by 8thSin » Nov 14th, '05, 23:28

Imaginary one :cry:

User avatar
Otaku1994
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 18th, '04, 07:58

Post by Otaku1994 » Nov 14th, '05, 23:35

I used to drive a 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 until 2 months ago (sold it).
Image
Image
"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed."

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

mitsubishi & honda

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 15th, '05, 01:04

mmm... i love cars for sure.. :wub: i love watchin car racing but dont have the urge to playy one :mrgreen: ... i drive my MITSUBISHI LANCER... and my xbfs HONDA CIVIC... i go crazy when i'm pretty having a joyride and whatever... :cheers: but lately i got to save gasoline because it's pretty killing my allowance :salut: :alcoholic:

:roll
Attachments
asalvo4.1.JPG
honda civic!! i love this car so so so much.. my baby!!!
asalvo4.1.JPG (23.47 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
ImageImage

User avatar
yt_toshi
Posts: 504
Joined: Jan 21st, '05, 21:51
Location: Land of the Bunchies
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 15th, '05, 01:18

Want to know what car I drive? Here it is:

Image

Do you love it?! :P
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 15th, '05, 06:48

yt_toshi very very nice car.. hmmm looks like you're going to rob on something hahaha.. looks like a robber's car. hmmmp. jz kidding. :)
ImageImage

[oa.NET]Youkai
Posts: 23
Joined: May 15th, '05, 14:05
Location: Germany

Post by [oa.NET]Youkai » Nov 15th, '05, 17:04

How come i never saw that thread till now :scratch:

well the closest thing @ the poll would be BMW....
since the new mini is basicly a bmw... but who cares XD

the front:
http://www.webdesign-dx.com/mini1.JPG

the back ( with the old lights and my custom made exauste :whistling )
http://www.webdesign-dx.com/blende/S2300011.JPG

and the back with the new lights :) :
http://www.webdesign-dx.com/S2300060.JPG

i absolutly like my car :cheers:

crossvii
Posts: 109
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 14:43

Post by crossvii » Nov 15th, '05, 17:30

Here's mine. 95 civ ex vtec (EJ1). It's just with the stock d16 right now with no engine mods.

@princeton girl: that's a clean civic :thumleft:
Attachments
cr.gif
my civ
cr.gif (40.95 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
cr00.gif
backshot
cr00.gif (37.41 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
cr01.gif
front view
cr01.gif (43.88 KiB) Viewed 4075 times

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 16th, '05, 02:25

I’m driving MITSUBISHI LANCER. Just love it… engine rocks and it saves me much gasoline unlike my exbfs Honda civic.. gasoline is vital for me as of the moment since Philippines is constantly increasing the unstoppable gasoline price trek :crazy: :scratch:
Last edited by pRincEton giRL on Nov 24th, '05, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

User avatar
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 16th, '05, 02:41
Location: CA, USA

Post by Hitsugaya Toushirou » Nov 16th, '05, 02:48

Here's mine. Subaru Impreza WRX. Any other Subie owners here?

Image

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 16th, '05, 05:27

*updated* change of cars
forget my '92 Nissan Sentra...it's been long gone now
As of this Thursday, I will be driving a 2000 Audi A6 :cheers:

my twin's getting it and it's been promised that I will be using on the weekdays but not allowed to touch it on the weekends. at least my workplace has parking. *whew*
my blog[/size]

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

nice car too crossvii

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 16th, '05, 05:40

@crossvii pretty clean huh thanks a lot. :D . love that HondA Civic.. but it consume much much gasoline.. but still i get to use thru it.. we used my ex bfs car washing biz.. so pretty cool to look at it.. after all its ma baby :wub:

you too crosvii you've got nice paint.. its neko (black).. seemd cool & descent. hmmp :salut:
ImageImage

User avatar
Otaku1994
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 18th, '04, 07:58

Post by Otaku1994 » Nov 16th, '05, 07:10

Hitsugaya Toushirou wrote:Here's mine. Subaru Impreza WRX. Any other Subie owners here?
My VR-4 had DR-500 Turbos (2-13g WRX turbos). :P
"If you aren't remembered, then you never existed."

User avatar
Schala
Posts: 172
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 10:41
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by Schala » Nov 17th, '05, 12:41

I drive a silver 2000 Saturn SL1. ^^0
Image

Weep
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 23rd, '04, 02:22
Location: Bay Area -Cali-

Post by Weep » Nov 17th, '05, 13:19

Hey all,

I forgot this thread existed, haha! Anyways, I love cars more than I love watching Asian dramas :P .

I've owned in order:
2000 PY Integra Type R (stock, awesome car)
1993 MB RX-7 Touring (HKS bov, Koni shocks...one of the best looking cars imo)
2001 GGP Lexus IS300 (Altezza Grill, X-pel, JDM black chrome tail lights, Tanabe DF210 springs, Bilstein shocks, HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust, Toyomoto racepipe, K&N FIPK intake system, 35% tint all around, in the process of buying some 19" Volk GT-Vs)

Image
Image
Image
Image

[oa.NET]Youkai
Posts: 23
Joined: May 15th, '05, 14:05
Location: Germany

Post by [oa.NET]Youkai » Nov 17th, '05, 15:39

I’m driving MITSUBISHI LANCER. Just love it… engine rocks and it saves me much gasoline
and how much gasoline do you need ?

User avatar
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 16th, '05, 02:41
Location: CA, USA

Post by Hitsugaya Toushirou » Nov 17th, '05, 16:23

Weep: Of the three which ones do you currently have?

crossvii
Posts: 109
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 14:43

Post by crossvii » Nov 17th, '05, 16:54

Weep wrote:Hey all,

I forgot this thread existed, haha! Anyways, I love cars more than I love watching Asian dramas :P .

I've owned in order:
2000 PY Integra Type R (stock, awesome car)
1993 MB RX-7 Touring (HKS bov, Koni shocks...one of the best looking cars imo)
2001 GGP Lexus IS300 (Altezza Grill, X-pel, JDM black chrome tail lights, Tanabe DF210 springs, Bilstein shocks, HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust, Toyomoto racepipe, K&N FIPK intake system, 35% tint all around, in the process of buying some 19" Volk GT-Vs)
Weep, props man. That RX7 is niiice :thumleft: love that car.

sadotsu
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 2nd, '05, 09:21
Location: New Zealand

Post by sadotsu » Nov 17th, '05, 20:59

Well... I"m not legally allowed to drive yet, but when I do, I want a Jeep Cherokee like my dad's.

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 18th, '05, 00:51

[oa.NET]Youkai wrote:
I’m driving MITSUBISHI LANCER. Just love it… engine rocks and it saves me much gasoline
and how much gasoline do you need ?
i used to leave home with full tank on ma car before goin on ma daily routine, i prefer using it than the honda civic, coz it really does leave me much gasoline during weekends... and have no pr0blem when i'm out of town goin on long distance travel. just for comparison sake, it does saves my allowance.. :thumright:
ImageImage

crossvii
Posts: 109
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 14:43

Post by crossvii » Nov 18th, '05, 04:59

pRincEton giRL wrote:i used to leave home with full tank on ma car before goin on ma daily routine, i prefer using it than the honda civic, coz it really does leave me much gasoline during weekends... and have no pr0blem when i'm out of town goin on long distance travel. just for comparison sake, it does saves my allowance.. :thumright:
Civics really do conserve a load of gas. $18 bucks on premium fills my entire tank and lasts a week (i drive like heck too). Anywho, princeton girl, your lancer wouldn't happen to be OZ Rally edition would it? :P

Weep
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 23rd, '04, 02:22
Location: Bay Area -Cali-

Post by Weep » Nov 18th, '05, 05:11

Weep: Of the three which ones do you currently have?
I currently drive the IS300. The RX-7 didn't offer enough room for daily driving.
Weep, props man. That RX7 is niiice love that car.
Thanks! Very beautiful, very fast, but also very expensive to maintain.

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 18th, '05, 05:40

@crossvii: nyahaha. yep, it is. not really a rally car, it is not just basic transportation either. though it's very econimical in fuel consumption.. it's also good in racing. i've tried it with ma xbf.. then found out civic is a loser but still i love civic ocassionally. and my lancer??it's a user friendly car.. you can add-up a lot of accesories to make it look great and i did to some. pretty aweome :)
ImageImage

crossvii
Posts: 109
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 14:43

Post by crossvii » Nov 18th, '05, 05:49

pRincEton giRL wrote:@crossvii: nyahaha. yep, it is. not really a rally car, it is not just basic transportation either. though it's very econimical in fuel consumption.. it's also good in racing. i've tried it with ma xbf.. then found out civic is a loser but still i love civic ocassionally. and my lancer??it's a user friendly car.. you can add-up a lot of accesories to make it look great and i did to some. pretty aweome :)
My cousin had a metallic silver OZ Rally Lancer with full exterior mods (body kit, spoiler, velox rims, lighting, etc, etc), some engine tweaking, and complete sound system. Sold it for $14,000. :P I mean, yeah it has upgraded stats from the regular Lancer, but it's still hard to pump out hp from that engine. Now if you had an EVO..... :cheers:

Your xbf's civic is a loser? I've been around 9sec. civics before, and they're mad fast. Maybe your xbf's just a loser? haha i'm kidding. b16's and b18's, that's what it's all about.

User avatar
pRincEton giRL
Posts: 146
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 07:29
Location: Philippines

Post by pRincEton giRL » Nov 18th, '05, 06:13

@crossvii: hahah really funny, yeah maybe his a loser in racing but we're friends.. i just drove faster than him.. but he's a fast bullet shooter.. in that case i'm a loser. but anyway, i love your cousin's stats.. but it cost that much to upgrade a lot of its specs. .. i have just upgraded some blue little twitter lights down my step...it does look good but in some sense, ma car doesnt look like the racer one. i want it in more decent and elegant way.. hmmm just enough for a girl like me. :)
ImageImage

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Nov 18th, '05, 06:32

Chrysler LeBaron. a convertible doesn't do me much good in seattle though.

i like my car it's been pretty dependable; doesn't eat up too much gas.

User avatar
bluespring
Posts: 144
Joined: Nov 18th, '05, 07:25
Location: gardenstate

Post by bluespring » Nov 18th, '05, 07:34

i saw a matrix with a gtr badge that was so funny lmao
used to be a honda civic nut
now 92 240sx errrrrrrrrr

User avatar
gsr_raver
Posts: 101
Joined: Nov 11th, '05, 01:10
Location: STP and Duluth, Mini-Soda USA
Contact:

Post by gsr_raver » Nov 18th, '05, 07:44

impression151 wrote:I want a G35 coupe (aka Skyline). Anyone want to donate to the cause?
just thought you might wanna know about this..
http://www.gtrproto.com/

it's some info about G35 << i can't say that n e more because it chaning it's name..

for me i drive mine self a 97 Honda Civic LX Mugen Edition (ZC motor), i also own a 1985 Toyota Celica Supra GTS.

i perfer driving the Celica Supra more.. heheh (looks more classy)!

User avatar
albertoavena
Posts: 374
Joined: Sep 17th, '05, 09:22
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by albertoavena » Nov 18th, '05, 09:32

'94 Buick for me. It's kind of ghetto though, so much dents and I can't open the doors through the inside, neither the driver nor passenger seat so I have to roll down the window and open it from the outside. :crazy:
Image

pfl_fan
Posts: 146
Joined: Jan 27th, '05, 01:05

Post by pfl_fan » Nov 18th, '05, 09:34

2006 Lexus GS300 :wub:

User avatar
Hitsugaya Toushirou
Posts: 10
Joined: Nov 16th, '05, 02:41
Location: CA, USA

Post by Hitsugaya Toushirou » Nov 18th, '05, 11:07

Weep wrote:
Weep: Of the three which ones do you currently have?
I currently drive the IS300. The RX-7 didn't offer enough room for daily driving.
Weep, props man. That RX7 is niiice love that car.
Thanks! Very beautiful, very fast, but also very expensive to maintain.
Cool. I didn't say so before, but that ITR you had is gorgeous, same with your RX-7. My bro has an RX-7 as well. That car is crazy fast. What happened to the ITR if I may ask? I was considering getting an ITR, but after hearing lots of stories about theft, I was kinda turned off to it. WRX then bcame my next choice.

User avatar
EVOL
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 14:03
Location: Hawaii,USA

Post by EVOL » Nov 18th, '05, 12:39

I have a 2003 Honda Pilot and a 2000 VW Golf But i voted HONDA. :salut:
Image
Image CEBUANO PRIDE!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests