Where do raws come from?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
Syntoad

Where do raws come from?

Post by Syntoad » Jan 4th, '13, 06:34

So I am looking for a few things I have seen recently on TV, but this is the only place I know to look. I am curious where the people who are uploading Japanese raws are actually getting them from. I live in Japan, and speak Japanese, so if the source is some complicated Japanese only type place, I can probably navigate it. And of course if you guys are all just recording this yourselves, keep it up, I may join you sooner or later.

Moodilic

Re: Where do raws come from?

Post by Moodilic » Jan 12th, '13, 21:28

Syntoad wrote:So I am looking for a few things I have seen recently on TV, but this is the only place I know to look. I am curious where the people who are uploading Japanese raws are actually getting them from. I live in Japan, and speak Japanese, so if the source is some complicated Japanese only type place, I can probably navigate it. And of course if you guys are all just recording this yourselves, keep it up, I may join you sooner or later.
I used to get encoded files from Utatane and Share EX2. Eventually I came across an irc site where a group of
people captured anime and tv-shows so I started downloading from there. Now they have ceased their operation.

Now I've been out of the Japanese scene for quite a while so whenever I'd like to get my hands on the raws I ask here on d-addicts
for the transport stream. Just be kind in asking for it though and maybe he/she will help you.

Since you live in Japan you can actually start to capture yourself and maybe help d-addicts if feeling kind enough. :whistling:
You need a powerful computer with lots of storage and preferably SSD drives and capture cards so you can capture in 1080i.
They will be encrypted though and I don't have the knowledge for that kind of stuff.

And for answering your question about "Japanese only type place", Utatane is kind of like DC++. You connect to a server where
Japanese people reside. Then you can start asking them if they could grant you access to their share. However, it's very difficult
since they mostly care about if you have a big share with tv-shows and perhaps unique/exclusive things.

fictionalistic

Post by fictionalistic » Feb 9th, '14, 02:59

What a great explanation, thank you! Cleared up some of the mystery for me, ha.

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Feb 15th, '14, 15:30

fictionalistic wrote:What a great explanation, thank you! Cleared up some of the mystery for me, ha.
I'm happy to help.