Hair wax VS Mousse VS Gel (Please read first post)

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

What Hair product is better to use?

Hair Wax
37%
Mousse
21%
Gel
21%
Gel
21%

Total votes: 119

mandaraya

Post by mandaraya » May 16th, '07, 16:46

korean henna-style wax ftw ppl!!

kazuto2000

Post by kazuto2000 » May 17th, '07, 23:40

I like using gel/glue... it keeps my hair down and in place better than mousse, wax... I haven't used clay though... kind of curious about it : )

[]'s!

ekirii

Post by ekirii » May 22nd, '07, 14:32

lol... clay

my friend cut her hair short a couple of weeks back so we went out and bought diff styling products.

we tried the clay (cant remember the brand ) but it was hilarious. it wouldnt wash out even after 10 washes of shampoo. just a dirty, clumpy feeling (sorta gave me the fingernails on a blackboard feeling).

for her, the paste was definitely the way to go.

Enishi

Post by Enishi » May 22nd, '07, 14:46

not all clay are like that... i'm currently using molding clay, and its dry, non-sticky and washes off quite easily. Depending on the quality of the clay, you get better results. As for me, i've used quite a variety, and in the end i still prefer gum paste and clay. But then, my hair style is medium length, messy, spiky, uneven with long fringes in front. Just the way i like it =)

Enishi

Re: Styling Your Hair...

Post by Enishi » May 22nd, '07, 14:53

Ohsu wrote:Hm...this has probably been made like 348313847198902 times...

But who here uses Gatsby Hair Wax/Clay? I'm trying to learn how to do those nice/cool hair styles that the drama actors have...I mean I have a style right now but I'm sure there are better ones...

I've been using Clay, which I heard was better than Wax...there are people who say Wax is better and easier to style...so I'd like to try out the Wax for once...I have Gatsby Volume-Up and Hard & Keep. Problem is I don't really know how to use it correctly...

Should my hair be damp? Towel dried? Blowdryed first?

Do I apply it the same way like clay? (guy who cuts my hair says you blowdry your hair a certain way first, then put some clay on your hands, not too much, rub it together and apply it like you'd apply shampoo on your hair in the shower [both palms in circular motions to the places you want, I'm sure you guys know what I mean])

Hell, I'm not even sure if I'm using the clay right...I've went to many different hair salons/places and they've told me very different things.

The guy right now says the explaination above, but before, I went to a japanese hair stylist and he said you apply the clay TWICE. The way he explained it was you towel dry your hair, put some clay on, then blow dry it. Then you apply it again and style. Unforunately that explaination wasn't enough and I couldn't even style my hair the way he did =\

Any suggestions? Help?

Thanks!
lol moving rubber is the hottest product by gatsby at the moment, too bad australia sucks, they dont have any gatsby =S have to wait till i get back to msia =P

go visit their website, they have video clips of styling, but then again its quite impossible/hard to follow what they do since you never know if they prepared or did something before hand. But one things for sure, you should blow dry your hair before you apply clay/gum. Not sure about the part where u apply then blow dry then apply again... i've never seen that before =S

stefonia

Post by stefonia » May 22nd, '07, 15:20

is that the one with kimura kazuya in their ad? the moving rubber thing
i have a bad impression of gatsby's products. ive tried their hair wax, hair clay blah blah blah, one in each series, (right i have short hair, short at the back long at the front)
its not the solid kinda hard, its sticky and actually wayy too sticky, it holds good but falls after walking for a while and your hair'll look like you've never washed them! and its hard to wash away

faddy is a pretty popular alternative to gatsby here
and its not sticky like gatsby!! way more friendly to your hair than gatsby >:(

Enishi

Post by Enishi » May 22nd, '07, 15:37

stefonia wrote:is that the one with kimura kazuya in their ad? the moving rubber thing
i have a bad impression of gatsby's products. ive tried their hair wax, hair clay blah blah blah, one in each series, (right i have short hair, short at the back long at the front)
its not the solid kinda hard, its sticky and actually wayy too sticky, it holds good but falls after walking for a while and your hair'll look like you've never washed them! and its hard to wash away

faddy is a pretty popular alternative to gatsby here
and its not sticky like gatsby!! way more friendly to your hair than gatsby >:(
lol yep, thats the one.
at the moment i'm not using any gatsby products either, maybe except hair spray =P
i'm using Inebrya ice cream molding clay. Unfortunately it smells like vanilla ice cream XD but it holds really well, dry, non-oily and washes off quite easily. And its easy to shape as well.

ekirii

Post by ekirii » May 23rd, '07, 09:26

lol, i've been meaning to cut my hair short for a long time now.

but since i'm the type of person who rolls out of bed 5 minutes before class and i pretty much just run a comb through my hair i dont think i could stand hving to style it every morning. too lazy...

and also my hair flicks out in the weirdest direction so it would look horrible if i didnt make some attempt at managing it. it's fine long but short... entirely different matter...

Enishi

Post by Enishi » May 24th, '07, 17:42

ekirii wrote:lol, i've been meaning to cut my hair short for a long time now.

but since i'm the type of person who rolls out of bed 5 minutes before class and i pretty much just run a comb through my hair i dont think i could stand hving to style it every morning. too lazy...

and also my hair flicks out in the weirdest direction so it would look horrible if i didnt make some attempt at managing it. it's fine long but short... entirely different matter...
lol if you don't mind being the funky kind of girl with spiky hair, actually rolling out of bed and just applying gel on it straight away is kinda stylish and fast =P

kazuto2000

Post by kazuto2000 » May 25th, '07, 23:21

after doing some reading on this thread last week I got to my bathroom's closet to try a few old hair products I had... so... I picked my gastby mousse and started messing with my hair, doing some hairstyles, just my usual. Well, it turned out to be better than my current glue/gel, when it comes to volume reducing, holding and... hum... that sticky kind of look :)

Sometimes I get a little bored with hair products changing, specially if I find out I'm not able to hold my hair the way I want - and that happens frequently - so... sometimes it's nice to 'discover' hair stuff that work, this thread kind of brought up my interest over mousse... :D

I'm changing my poll vote for 'mousse'! 8) (if that means anything to anyone...)

Still, I wasn't able to find any cool clays around... I'm kinda curious about it, though I don't have the feeling I'm gonna like its 'hold' so much... I'll stick with mousse for now

later!

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 26th, '07, 12:55

im a girL so i dont use any of these prods... however, i hope my triviaL knowLedge may heLp:

GEL- is there to stay, and is the modern vxn of pomade if im not mistaken. it gives the gLossy and wet Look but its not the in thing to use nowadays esp when different hairdo's are invented. And its not recommended for Long hair. As for the hoLd, yep its strong, its Like you put gLue in yr hair. Its the Least expensive in these 3.

MOUSSE- adds voLume to the hair and is a good prod to mantain curLed hair. I read in a mag that its recommended to bLow dry after . The Look is not that wet unLess you put too much or it wiLL weight down.

WAX- is the latest hair prod if im not mistaken. It Looks cooL and gives the "just got out of bed" Look and ideaL for semi Long hair just Like the hair of our idoLs. However, i noticed that waxed hair Lacks Luster to it. It Looks very dry but maybe if you used it properLy it wiLL be okay.

for me... its either mousse or wax!!! :wub:

so boys, remember that a good haircut is very important then next is finding the good hair prod... goodLuck!! :thumleft:

Sakuranantogay

Post by Sakuranantogay » May 26th, '07, 17:55

ez, paste and mud wax, the expensive ones ><

gearshifter

Gatsby Hair Products

Post by gearshifter » Dec 9th, '07, 06:34

Just a few questions about Gatsby hair products:

What is moving rubber and how is it different from normal wax products?
How do you tell which moving rubber product to buy?
Is there an english guide for Gatsby? : D

Thank you!

darksora145

Post by darksora145 » Dec 9th, '07, 06:47

moving rubber is hair wax that lets you style anyway you want to and if your hair gets messed up some how then you can just fix it. They should tell you the hair length for each bottle. No there is not a english guide for gatsby as far as i know. I use the ultra hard one and its fine :).

bluespring

Post by bluespring » Dec 10th, '07, 03:47

use this so your total japanese

DMPA

Post by DMPA » Dec 10th, '07, 04:14

Waaah!! Where can I get some of that magic?!?! *-*

darksora145

Post by darksora145 » Dec 11th, '07, 01:02

Any kind of wax would work if you have the right hair cut :) Short hair is just gel all over and shake you head BAM done. Mousse is almost like wax but less hold (it will die if wind blows your direction)