RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE ASIAN DRAMAS

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
epixeltwin

Post by epixeltwin » Sep 22nd, '09, 20:03

Dramas you DEFINITELY should NOT miss:

1) Shining inheritance (this has the best characters EVER, Go Eun Sung is the love of my life, reallly, really don't miss it)

2) Coffee Prince (great characters, YEH and Gong Yoo are awesome and they have good chemistry, and contrarily to other Korean shows it's not corny!!)

3) Hana Kimi (this is THE most funny comedy, and you'll really get attached to all the student characters, they are lovable. Plus Horikita Maki is extroardinarily CUTE. And Ikuta Toma will make you roar with laughter)

4) Hana Yori Dango (the comedy is awesome and the romance is awesome, MatsuJun and Inoue Mao have amazing chemistry)

5) ToGetHer - Superstar Express (the romance is super cute, it has comedic moments, great pacing, the actors are beautiful, the story is cute and simple, don't miss it.)

6) 9 Ends 2 Outs (this isn't very eventful...like there aren't any really dramatic or epic moments...but it's very good, with great characters)

7) Buzzer Beat (just ended yesterday - cutest romantic story ever)

8) Nobuta Wo Produce (damn, damn, YamaPi's Kusano Akira is HELLA funny. this show is awkward but definitely good)

9) Kimi Wa Petto (cute and fun story, has some sort of nice otherworldly mood)

10) Nodame Cantabile (I have only seen the Anime, and I can say it's one of the best animes I saw, and from the comments the drama is surely as good. So even if I haven't seen it I'm pretty sure it's a good recommendation)

11) My Girl (main characters are awesome, the dénouement is retarded and unrealistic but still a very good show)

If you want to see ultra cheesy stuff you don't want to watch these but if you like a quality plot with good character development, then these are for you. Don't miss them, especially the first 6, they all have unforgettable characters in them

ps about Goong:Yes, Goong was soooo LENGTHY omg...I watched like 10+ episodes and all the time it was like... YEH fooling around in the freaking castle and looking for her darn prince. It seems like the tempo is SOOO SLOW with nothing happening but boring palace life.

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
p_lijo

MY BEST/FAVOURITE DRAMAS

Post by p_lijo » Dec 9th, '09, 12:19

Here it's my favourite asian doramas:

1) FATED TO LOVE YOU (Taiwanese). For me the best!!! I have laughed a loooooottttttt, the music incredible, the actors so funny, the story perfect, the dialogues and the situations very well made....etc etc I would watch it over and over again. :wub: :wub: :wub:
2) BOYS OVER FLOWERS (Korean). Very funny Gu jun pyooooo
3) HANA YORI DANGO (Japanese). I love it!!!!!
4) ZETTAI KARESHI (Japanese). Very moving story.
5) HOTARU NO HIKARI (Japanese). I am like Hotaru!!! jijijiji

I reallyyy recommend Fated to love you. I like that kind of surveys, so when I finish a dorama, I am wishing to find a better one ;)

Alienriceball

Suggestions please!

Post by Alienriceball » Dec 17th, '09, 01:55

:unsure: Hi everyone, I have been away for awhile from d-addicts. It makes me really sad. I have been out of the game of Asian dramas for about...6 months now..very sad I know. Well just now I decided to get back into them. I would appreciate some suggestions of new dramas over the months I was gone. I really love Japanese, Korean, and Taiwanese. I am really open to really any genre. So go crazy with the suggestions. ^_^

Thanks for your time,

Alienriceball
Currently watching: Exhibition of Fireworks, Im Your Teacher, Ghost Friends, and Atashinchi no Danshi

wainee

Post by wainee » Dec 17th, '09, 02:06

K-ON !!!! :heart: :heart:

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Dec 28th, '09, 10:04

Hello :)

May someone please recommend me a drama that makes you realize that life is truly beautiful LOL? A kind of, "Wow, life is beautiful." effect. D:

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 28th, '09, 11:10

xohhbiteme wrote:Hello :)

May someone please recommend me a drama that makes you realize that life is truly beautiful LOL? A kind of, "Wow, life is beautiful." effect. D:
Well it depends on which effect you want. Do you want like "it´s so sweet and lovely etc." or "life is something you have to cherish; I´m so happy to be alive" ?

I don´t know any of this first kind, but for the second effect then "1 litre of tears" ("Ichi rittoru no namida") is the best for that, even though if you watch it - be ready to cry!!!! But still after you have watched it you feel that "life is beautiful. I am alive and that´s something beautiful itself."

tisa

Post by tisa » Dec 29th, '09, 02:08

The latest drama I liked was definitely the korean drama
You are beautiful

paj007

Post by paj007 » Dec 29th, '09, 03:09

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE! YOU WONT REGRET IT! go watch them now! LOL

1.) CITY HALL - Kim Sun Ah and CSW made politics the best ever on screen. this story is one UNIQUE STORY prob nothing you've evver watched before!.makes you feel that there are people out there who cares. you will fall head over heels. trust me if you dont watch this you are missing a graet oppurtunity of a wonderful 2009 drama! MY PICK FOR BEST 2009!. IT'S A ROLLERCOASTER of emotions.! the characters are SO REAL! a must see!

2.) My Lovely Kim Sam Soon- i dont have to say anything about this! we all should KNOW!. but i will anyway i think this drama is the turning point of dramas ever made!. Kim Sun Ah beautifully portrays the other side of women! NATURAL BEAUTY, it's okay to be big and beautiful !. we cant say we dont love her in this ! esp with Hyun Bin. it's all the more better!

3.) My Girl- LEE DA HAE! just amazing! character, plot and everything is just one humble road!. A MUST!

4.) Full House- though it's the typical love story. the characters really made it interesting just to chill and watch it through!

5.) Go Karl! i think thats wat its called!.. it's an amazing comedy !. you will totally enjoy it!. the actors are so brillant!

i have many more but if i were to watch one right now it would have to be of course "CITY HALL"

Gyaboo

Post by Gyaboo » Dec 30th, '09, 12:49

I only like to watch Jdrama and Kdrama..

Recommended JDrama:
1. Nodame Cantabile
2. Atashinchi no Danshi
3. Nobuta wo Produce
4. Kurosagi
5. Stand Up!
6. Hana kimi
7. Innocent Love

Recommended KDrama:
1. My Girl
2. Coffee Prince
3. The Partner
4. Boys Before Flower
5. Goong
6. save the last dance for me
7. sassy girl chun hyang

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Dec 30th, '09, 19:55

Hello!

I would be thankful for your recommendations.

I enjoyed Bara no nai hanaya and Around 40 very much.

Any recommendations what to see next?

thank you!

Tiggerpooh

Post by Tiggerpooh » Jan 1st, '10, 04:33

1. Forensic Heroes I & II
2. Hotelier
3. Burning Flames
4. Success Story of a Bright Girl
5. File of Justice

pauuu

TRUST. These are the best imo ^^

Post by pauuu » Jan 8th, '10, 02:52

1. Hana Yori Dango 1&2 - All time fave romantic comedy. You won't get disappointed. Concise, not draggy, comedic. AT ALL OMG WATCH EEEETTT
2. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e - SERIOUSLY! you're gona love the whole cast, and that's what i loved most about this drama. It wasn't just about the leads but EVERY SINGLE one of em =) Most hillarious drama I've ever seen.
3. Fated To Love You - great story, hillarious as well =) Ethan is great same with Chen, great actress. Again not draggy imo. Ending of every ep are cliffhangers soo you're gona be so addicted to it
4. Coffee Prince - love love love it, even the supporting girl that people would assume to be the bad girl but nah you're gona love all the characters even the haters =) UNIQUE PLOT
5. Full House - Classic. nuff said <3
6. Goong - set is wonderful, again unique plot.
7. You're Beautiful - If you want some FRESH new faces, you're gona love this =) The young leads are awesome. It's so kawaii.
8. Smiling Pasta - The most light hearted a drama can get. This is it ^_^
9. Devil Beside You - one word. SEXY! OWOWOW! LOL MIke He FOREVER! ahahah
10. Silence - If You want depth. <3 Warning, tragic plot but <3

Boys over flowers is nice too. =) :w00t:

leapyear29

Post by leapyear29 » Jan 12th, '10, 14:08

suggested Dramas:
Coffee Prince
Fantasy Couple
Full House
Goong
My Girl
that's all I can think of so far.:)

shinkumi2

Post by shinkumi2 » Jan 19th, '10, 01:28

Mine are:

1. Winter Sonata
2. Gokusen
3. Kamisama, mou sukoshi dake
4. Boys Before Flowers
5. Lovers in Paris

website promotions

sunwillneverset

Post by sunwillneverset » Jan 21st, '10, 00:15

Taiwan Drama:
1. It Started With a Kiss
2. Black & White
3. Pi Li MIT
4. Smiling Pasta
5. Devil Beside You

Japanese Drama:
1. 1 Litre of Tears
2. Hana Kimi
3. Gokusen
4. Nobuta wo Produce
5. Kiina

Korean Drama:
1. IRIS - AMAZING :)
2. Boys Over Flowers
3. You're Beautiful
4. Full House
5. God of Study

All of these are really good dramas
My Favorite Dramas <3

Mitra1989

Post by Mitra1989 » Jan 21st, '10, 01:40

JDrama:
1) My Boss My Hero
My favorite JDrama. Nagase Tomoya is a genius, my favorite actor - he's so funny, charming and endearing. A virtuoso performance as a 27 year old Yakuza who has to return to high school and keep his Yakuza roots secret from his classmates. The cast is very good with Koki and Yuya, as well as Aragkai Yui and Kashii Yu (of Death Note fame).

2) Kurosagi
Yamapi puts in a great performance as Kurosaki, a young man who's goal is beat swindlers/con-men at their own game.

3) Tiger & Dragon
Another great performance by Nagase Tomoya, again as a Yakuza. It starts off slow with the first few episodes introducing the characters but as the series goes on you grow attached to the characters. A very charming and funny drama, that will definately make you laugh.

4) Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
Great story, great cast, very entertaining

5) Gokusen
If you haven't watched it, you can't call yourself a JDrama fan. An absolute must!

6) Nobuta wo Produce
Great cast and chemistry. So very funny and great acting. Great if you're into drama's based aroung school-kids/teenagers.

7) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (IWGP)
Another great performance by Tomoya, in his earlier days. Yamapi is good in it too. Very fun and entertaining.

8) Buzzer Beat
Great performances by Yamapi and Keiko make this a very fun romance-based drama.

Others include; Densha Otoko, Dragon Zakura, Mr. Brain, Galileo, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Akihabara@Deep, Stand Up!

quickdl

Post by quickdl » Jan 27th, '10, 02:44

the brink of law is my fav!! :)

cereal_killerxx

Post by cereal_killerxx » Jan 29th, '10, 06:18

I know it's not so much a drama as it is a movie, but has anyone seen the 20th Century Boys? Is it worth watching? I was also wondering how Samurai High School was.
Edit: I just realized this may be in the wrong section. Sorry :\

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Mar 9th, '10, 02:17

1. Autumn's Concerto - It moved me. Wasn't a comedy romance. It had a serious side. Vanness was very convincing in his part. Made me cry.
2. Mars - same deal. Serious. I cried. :D
3. Tokyo Juilet - Thought it was cute though the arguing between Liang and Sui got a bit annoying. Soundtrack is great.
4. Love Contract - MIKE HE!! :D :D :D
5. Bull Fighting - MIKE HE!!! He was great in this. Another god soundtrack.

omgicecarz

Post by omgicecarz » Mar 9th, '10, 03:12

1. Autumn's Concerto - Ady and Vanness have so much chemistry and Xiao Xiao Bin is so adorable. The storyline is great and addicting.
2. Hi My Sweetheart - I really enjoyed the characters especially Rainie's character
3. Hana Yori Dango- First J-Drama that I really got into. The story was interesting.

madmanout

Post by madmanout » Mar 11th, '10, 09:42

What is Autumn's Concerto all about? Oh no. I haven't been aware of the new dramas. I should get back on track. :)

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Mar 11th, '10, 10:49

I finished the j-dorama "Satorare" yesterday. It's the best drama i watched since a couple of month.

It's from 2002 and i can certainly recommend it !!!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Satorare

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Mar 11th, '10, 10:56

cereal_killerxx wrote:I know it's not so much a drama as it is a movie, but has anyone seen the 20th Century Boys? Is it worth watching?
i saw the first two parts so far and till now it was ok. the plot is sometimes really confusing and i missed the red thread. the cast is brilliant.

Makino-Chan

Post by Makino-Chan » Mar 15th, '10, 18:15

Taiwan Drama :
1. Prince turn to frog
2. It Started With a Kiss 1 & 2
3. Autumn's concerto
4. Ying Ye 3+1
5. Mars

Japanese Drama:
1. 1 Litre of Tears
2. Hana Yori Dango
3. Pride
4. Nodame cantabile
5. Nobuta wo produce

Korean Drama:
1.City Hall
2. You're beautiful
3. Full House
4. My name is kim sam soon
5. Delightful girl

HongKongChick

Post by HongKongChick » Mar 17th, '10, 20:42

Korean Drama
1 Full house
2 Miss no good
3 My name is kim sam soon

Taiwanese Drama
1 Devil beside you
2 Mars
3 Why why love
4 Meteor Garden 1 and 2

Japanese Drama (havent seen japanese dramas in a long time though, so my selections are old)
1 Double Kitchen
2 long vacation

Hong Kong Drama
1. Heart of Greed
2 Moonlight resonance
3. Beyond the realm of conscience
4. journey to the west

Mandugirl

Dramas

Post by Mandugirl » Apr 2nd, '10, 07:16

Hana yori dango; the fact that Hikaru Utada San sang in it just speaks for itself. Jp
Hana kimi; just soo funny and cheerfull. Jp
Gokusen 1&3 , 2 was really Baka also the movie is great. Jp
Coffe prince; it's very sweet and unexpected. Kor
Sorry I love you; great. Kor
Devil beside you; a forbidden love XD. Thai
1 litter of tears; this drama makes you speechless ,greatfull and tearfull and it's a MUST see. Jp
Buzzer beat; I just love Yamashita Tomohisa San, so it was really great for me. Jp
Kurosagi; another one of Yamashita san's. Jp
Kimi wa peto; I must say I like the manga better, but the drama was sweet. Jp
Magerarenai Onna; for me it was really funny and sweet, though didn't like the ending that much. Jp
Why Why love; the same cast of devil beside you, so maybe watch only one of those two, to me I like devil beside you better. Thai
Majo no jouken; is on of my fav of all times, Hikaru Utada's song "first love" is just amazing. Jp
:) I am sure I have more but these are only ones I can remember at the moment.

amber_disasterous

My type of show, Can u recommand?

Post by amber_disasterous » Apr 22nd, '10, 07:33

Hello!! im not sure if its okay to put this here, but i'll just do so x)

I just watched You're beautiful. korean drama. GOSH its A-Wesome max!
it reminded something like the Hua yang shao nan shao nu (chinese) show. where a girl plays a guy ..

Any shows that has this type of situation? Whether its guy play as girl or girl play as guy x)
Jap Korean or chinese is okays =D

hmms.. also one more, any drama which has "shonen-ai or Shojo ai" ? (most likely anime fans would know what this means) its like "boy X boy or Girl X girl" drama To be more strightforward like gays or lesbian. i dont mean it in a sexual way.

For example:
Theres a scene on You're beautiful. The part where Tae kyuang brought Ko minam to a sushi store and explain to her what FAN FICTION is. and at the same time Jeremy was reading a fan fiction post on a love triangle btw jeremy , shin woo and taekyung... something like that.

Thanks alot guys!

JaJe

Re: My type of show, Can u recommand?

Post by JaJe » Apr 22nd, '10, 19:40

amber_disasterous wrote:Hello!! im not sure if its okay to put this here, but i'll just do so x)

I just watched You're beautiful. korean drama. GOSH its A-Wesome max!
it reminded something like the Hua yang shao nan shao nu (chinese) show. where a girl plays a guy ..

Any shows that has this type of situation? Whether its guy play as girl or girl play as guy x)
Jap Korean or chinese is okays =D

hmms.. also one more, any drama which has "shonen-ai or Shojo ai" ? (most likely anime fans would know what this means) its like "boy X boy or Girl X girl" drama To be more strightforward like gays or lesbian. i dont mean it in a sexual way.

For example:
Theres a scene on You're beautiful. The part where Tae kyuang brought Ko minam to a sushi store and explain to her what FAN FICTION is. and at the same time Jeremy was reading a fan fiction post on a love triangle btw jeremy , shin woo and taekyung... something like that.

Thanks alot guys!
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (also known as Hana Kimi) - there a girl enters all-boys-school as a boy. ^o^ Really good jdorama!

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 1st, '10, 03:37

J-Dramas

Hana Yori Dango
Buzzer Beat
Smile
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Proposal Daisakusen

K-Dramas

Winter Sonata
Which Star Are You From?
My Girl
Will It Snow For Christmas?
Coffe Prince

Tw-Dramas

Autumn's Concerto (Best Asian drama ever)
Fated to Love You
My Lucky Star

Kazu1582

Post by Kazu1582 » May 1st, '10, 13:32

1. Tokyo Dogs
damn funny how they use every american cop action movie cliché
Oguri Shun & Mizushima Hiro do such an awesome job

2. One Pound Gospel
Kame is brilliant in this one. very fresh and funny, the story is great from the beginning to the end.

3. Hana Kimi (taiwanese version)
it's too funny, I've watched both this and the japanese version,
but I love the taiwanese to bits, especially Jiro is brilliant as poor boy who believes he'd gay

4. Code Blue
the first season is awesome, but the 2nd season is pure love, I love the whole cast

5. Densha Otoko
I was sceptical first, thought it would be another stupid love story, but it really isn't.
I laughed so much through the whole show. Every episode is so damn watchable and cute and funny to bits. Especially Itou Atsushi as main character is brilliant.

Other recommendations: Atashinchi no Danshi, 1 litre of tears, You're beautiful, Nobuta wo produce, Stand up!!!, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Bloody Monday, Mr Brain, Zettai Kareshi, My boss my hero, Rescue … too many xD

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » May 10th, '10, 11:04

My favs:

Jdramas: Summer snow, Nobuta wo produce, Hotaru no Hikari, Akai ito, Love shuffle, Orange days, Buzzer beat

Kdramas: Resurrection, Alone in Love, Soulmate, 9 Ends 2 outs, Coffee prince, Story of a man, You're beautiful, My girl, Fantasy couple, Dae Jang Geum, Dal Ja's Spring, Damo, Full House, My Lovely Sam-Soon, Ruler of Your Own World, Sorry I Love You, Thank You, Flowers for My Life, The Devil, Time Between Dog and Wolf

TWdramas: The Rose
Last edited by Yukinon on May 10th, '10, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Black4Clover

Post by Black4Clover » May 10th, '10, 11:20

Jdramas - Hotaru no hikari, Hanayome to papa, Yasashii jikan, Waraeru koi wa shitakunai, Seigi no Mikata;
Kdramas - World they live in, Prosecutor Princess (awesome!), Harvest Villa, Capital Scandal; 9 End 2 Outs (like so much)!
Tw - Black&White, Autumns Concerto.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » May 10th, '10, 12:03

KDramas : Delightful Girl Choon Hyang, Goong ,Heading to the Ground ,You're Beautiful .
JDramas : Hana youri Dango (Both season) , Hana Kimi, Kimi wa peto, Smile, Bambino ,
TWDramas: Corner with love , Romantic Princess .

juliennepeters

Post by juliennepeters » May 14th, '10, 02:41

My top 10!!!

1 - One Litre of Tears
2 - Nodame Cantabile
3 - Goong (k)
4 - My Girl (k)
5 - Long Vacation
6 - Byakuyako
7 - Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (One and Only Love)
8 - Bara no nai Hanaya
9 - The Snow Queen (k)
10 - Hotaru no Hikari

These are all japanese unless otherwise stated (k). It was actually tougher than I thought... to pick my favourites. There were a lot of dramas I adored but didn't actually make it to this list, because other dramas surpassed them.

isatis

Post by isatis » May 16th, '10, 19:22

Looking for romantic dramas in the style of Hotaru no Hikari and Pasta - no melodrama and mostly from the woman's pov. I'd like if it centered around a smaller cast too and if all involved are adults. But really, little to no angst or melodrama as I don't really have the patience for it.

Asii

Post by Asii » May 19th, '10, 15:04

These dramas are the ones that really left a deep memory:

MY TOP 16 - LIST
1. Hana Yori Dango <3333
2.MARS <333
3.AUTUMN'S CONCERTO <3333
4.You're Beautiful
5. 1 Litre of tears
6. Hana Kimi Taiwan
7. Nodame Cantabile
8. Hello mr God
9. Mei-Chan no Shitsuji
10. ToGetHer
11. Save The Last Dance For Me
12. First Kiss
13. Ying Ye 1+3
14. Atashinchi no Danshi
15. Buzzer Beat
16. Kurosagi
Last edited by Asii on Sep 23rd, '10, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
★.•°☆ Ceck out this awesome page for awesome drama reviews and find the perfect drama for you!
http://oishiithoughts.blogspot.se
☆°•.★

emmers

Post by emmers » May 29th, '10, 22:56

Top Five:
1. You're Beautiful
2. Hana Yori Dango
3. Maou
4. Hana Kimi Taiwan
5. Hana Kimi Japan

Didn't Like:
1. Hot Shot
2. Romantic Princess
Last edited by emmers on May 31st, '10, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.

Asii

Post by Asii » May 29th, '10, 23:23

emmers wrote:Top Five:
1. You're Beautiful
2. Hana Yori Dango
3. Maou
4. Hana Kimi Taiwan
5. Hana Kimi Japan

Didn't Like:
1. Hot Shot
2. Romantic Princess
I wanted to watch Hot Shot some day, but what made you not like it in specifik?
I have also watched Romantic Princess, and I agree, not one of my favorite. I found it
quite annoying at the very end, I thought It took a little long to solve the last problem, and
wu chun together with that girl... -.- ... they simply dom't look good togther. She looks
like som kid... standing next to him....
★.•°☆ Ceck out this awesome page for awesome drama reviews and find the perfect drama for you!
☆°•.★

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » May 30th, '10, 02:20

I think this is the first time doing all Asian, this will be tough:

1. Coffee Prince (K)- Best drama yet, perfect.
2. Nodame Cantabile (J)- Encore, encore, encore.
3. Full House (K), Pride (J), City Hall (K), Long Vacation (J)
4. Prosecutor Princess (K), My Queen (TW), Iljimae (K), Kimi wa Petto (J)
5. Star's Lover (K), That Fool (K), Hero (J), Love Generation (J), You're Beautiful (K), It Started With A Kiss (TW)

I could go on, Change (J) and Harvest Villa (K) should be in there someplace. I will say that 1 & 2 are set in stone, they are above the rest. Wish they would never end.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » May 30th, '10, 02:26

I knew I would forget one

Shining Inheritance/Brilliant Legacy-Step mother was incredibly good and evil (make sense?)

emmers

Post by emmers » May 30th, '10, 12:24

Asii wrote:I wanted to watch Hot Shot some day, but what made you not like it in specifik?
I have also watched Romantic Princess, and I agree, not one of my favorite. I found it
quite annoying at the very end, I thought It took a little long to solve the last problem, and
wu chun together with that girl... -.- ... they simply dom't look good togther. She looks
Yeah, that's pretty much the same reasons I didn't like RP.

With Hot Shot, I watched it for Wu Chun and he's hardly even in it, the storyline didn't really end up making me like any of the characters besides Show Lo's, I'm not that crazy about basketball, and the ending was random and abrupt. It wasn't a totally awful show though, it had its moments, just not enough to keep me interested.

Asii

Post by Asii » May 30th, '10, 12:43

emmers wrote:
Asii wrote:I wanted to watch Hot Shot some day, but what made you not like it in specifik?
Yeah, that's pretty much the same reasons I didn't like RP.

With Hot Shot, I watched it for Wu Chun and he's hardly even in it, the storyline didn't really end up making me like any of the characters besides Show Lo's, I'm not that crazy about basketball, and the ending was random and abrupt. It wasn't a totally awful show though, it had its moments, just not enough to keep me interested.
Ok, thank you for sharing ^^ I think it's a great idea if people write their hate-dramas as well ^^
☆°•.★

emmers

Post by emmers » May 31st, '10, 15:13

Just finished Tatta Hitotsu no Koi and it made its way into my top five (and Kamenashi Kazuya is slowly working his way up to the top of my Asain Hottie list). The show was really sweet and the acting was amazing. The last two episodes were a bit slower than the rest, but the ending made it worth it. ^_^

Updated Top Ten:
1. You're Beautiful
2. Maou
3. Hana Yori Dango
4. Hana Kimi Taiwan
5. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
6. Hana Kimi Japan
7. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
8. Nobuta wo Produce
9. Gokusen
10. It Started With a Kiss & They Kiss Again

Yunha

Post by Yunha » Jun 13th, '10, 06:31

Best

It Started With A Kiss + They Kiss Again
Goong
Boys Over Flowers
You're Beautiful
Hong Gil Dong

krome

Post by krome » Jun 17th, '10, 00:45

Top 5

1. Iljimae

2. The Quiz Show 2

3. Koizora (movie)

4. Antique Bakery

5. Bloody Monday

cutina124

My Favs and not-so-favs

Post by cutina124 » Jun 30th, '10, 18:12

Top 10 of all time:
1. Autumn's Concerto (Probably one of the best acted drama's I've ever watched. Fans of classic drama with real love will enjoy. Though have tissues nearby.)
2. Meteor Garden I (The rise of T-Dramas ^_^)
3. Bloddy Monday
4. Nobuta Wo Produsu (JP)
5. My Name is Kim Sam Soon (KR)
6. Let's watch the Meteor Shower (Surprisingly good. Even with the dub... I was almost certain I would hate it, but the way they changed the story made it so interesting to watch and not just like watching the other remakes.)
7. Last Friends (BEST JP DRAMA of recent years. Made me cry, think, adult themes, real life choices, done tastefully... couldn't ask for more!)
8. Sleeping Forest
9. Mars (TW)
10. Meteor Garden II (TW) (I know that most people hate it, however as a show of friendship it ends up being amazing. The relationship fails here, but I still liked it~)
11. Summer's Desire (if it continues as it has this will move into my top 10. Best drama of the summer!)

Taiwan:
Good: Down with love (Liked this one a lot even though I dislike Jerry,) Fated to love you (very very good drama, ties together really well!,) It started with a kiss (LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE, watched while coming out and had to wait for it (as background I watch drama's straight through or at least within a week) thus making me appreciate the story and how it evolved! I will say that the sequel is better in some ways but I love them both!,) The rose (liked this drama quite a bit!,) Smiling Pasta (instant nicholas fan and the story, imo, was great!,) Princess (gong Zhu) (very good. I don't like Wu chun but I liked this.)
Ok: A game about love (not bad, just slow,) Bull fighting (still need to finish this,) Miss No Good (can't finish because of her voice but I liked the story,) Devil Beside You (Will rewatch to see if it should be put above...,) Hi My Sweetheart (like this!,)
Bad: Corner with love (butchering english, slow at times, but there are truly amazing parts in this. It isn't horrible but honestly I forwarded through half the series,) Easy Fortune Happy Life (Blue needs to take acting classes. Without his bad acting would have kept watching and it would be under good -_-,) Tokyo Juliet (boring.)

Korea:
Good: Personal Preference (VERY GOOD!!!!! Not overdone like most!,) Boys before flowers, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang (loved the couple,) Full House (It's a hilarious story, slow and stale at points but the funny and heart-warming parts make up for it!,) Stairway to Heaven (first K-drama thus instant love. My parents laugh whenever I talk about the storyline though...,) Love Story in Harvard (very good drama!!!!,) My Love Patzzi (Love this drama! So cute~,) Rainbow Romance (the drama is fabulous. I loved the dancing and the opposing man was wonderful!,) Tree of Heaven (I loved the story and the acting. Personally I found it to be very well done!!!!) Let's go to school Sang Doo (so good and heart-wrenching. The father-daughter relationship is what is most important out of this drama!,) Your'e Beautiful (such a surprisingly good drama!!!)
Ok: Oh! My lady (really great at parts but the ending left me wanting...,) Cinderella's Sister (so good and refreshing up until the end...,) Let's go to the beach (only because of lee wan...otherwise it would be listed below,) My Girl (good but not great, could have used something...,) Snow White (very cute drama~~) coffee prince (was ok, not amazing sadly. I did like it though.) Autumn Tale (loved it but way too slow.)
Bad: Attic Cat (couldn't even finish.) Winter sonata(.... liked about 10% hated 50% and fell asleep during the rest...)

Japan:
Good: 1 litre of tears (classic,) Kurosagi (minus the romance part this whole show was perfect!,) Boku Dake no Madonna (mad old but seriously good!!!,) Hana Yori Dango I and II (one of the better adaptations of meteor garden, which was the original drama, and some of the better acting in comparison to all of the other adaptations. Loved Matsumoto Jun in this,) Hotaru no Hikari (good~,) First Kiss (SOOO CUTE, and it was different than other dramas!,) Dragon Zakura (AMAZING one of thee best!,) Liar Game (good and interesting to watch. Kept me going until the end~,) Taiyou no Uta (very good. Loved the acting and the story~)
Ok: Absolute Boyfriend (cute...but not much else...,) Ace wo Nerae! (pretty good but could have been better...,) Hana Kimi ( I didn't hate it and there were parts I liked but not really something I would recommend,) Life (liked it but hard to watch, not because it's bad but because it's sad,) Strawberry on the Shortcake (AMAZING, but the content makes me not want to say it's good!,) Waterboys (ok drama~)
Bad: Attention Please (a bit too much..didn't finish,) Boys Este (started out great and then got boring and overdone. I wish they hadn't subbed the last parts because where I stopped it would be a good show -_-,) Princess Princess D (waste of time, never finished... -_-)

jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins » Jul 6th, '10, 13:23

1) Successful Story of a Bright Girl (All time favorite)
2) My Love Patzzi
3) A Good Person
4) Romance
5) Lovers in Paris
Mod Edit: Do not put spam link in your signature.

haylz27

Romance drama recommendations? :)

Post by haylz27 » Jul 12th, '10, 15:10

[Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I've been to the recommendations thread but it's kinda dead right now]

I was hoping you guys could give me some recomendations, you've never failed me in the past. I am looking for recently released/ 2009-2010 dramas.

Or tell me your all time fave romance dramas. :wub:

Dramas I have watched so far (I haven't watched many) are Koizura, Lovely Complex (movie), Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi, Zettai Kareshi, Kimi wa Petto, Samurai High School.

I'm sure there's many better dramas then these. :D

As you can see I love dramas which involve romance, possible comedy (doesn't have to be), possible school life, revolving around relationships ect. No fantasy please.

So any ideas? I hope you guys can help me out... :lol

Also, what are some good dramas that have recently finished airing or are airing soon/now?

Cheers!

zhone

Re: Romance drama recommendations? :)

Post by zhone » Jul 19th, '10, 06:12

haylz27 wrote:[Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I've been to the recommendations thread but it's kinda dead right now]

I was hoping you guys could give me some recomendations, you've never failed me in the past. I am looking for recently released/ 2009-2010 dramas.

Or tell me your all time fave romance dramas.

I mainly watch Japanese and Korean dramas, hopefully these reviews of mine will help you a bit. Honestly I haven't found a very recent show that I loved, though - I think the most recent show that I've seen that I can highly recommend is You're Beautiful.

Recently Released Romantic-Comedy Drama Recommendations/Reviews:

Atashinchi no Danshi (2009 Japanese drama) 3/5 - A homeless girl is taken in by a rich toy company owner, under several conditions: she must marry him, and then she must bring his family together. Mainly a zany comedy similar in style to Hana Kimi (it has same production team and some of the same actors, including Horikita Maki), though more about family than romance or anything else. Funny at times, but too cheesy at times to be actually moving.

Massugu na Otoko (2010 Japanese drama) 3/5 - A straight, honest man tries to tame an unscrupulous woman ends up changing his own way of life and falling for her. I didn't really connect with the characters in this one.

Mei-chan no Shitsuji (2009 Japanese drama) 4.5/5 - Mei suddenly discovers she's an heiress to the Hongo family fortune and is thrust into a rich girls' High School where everyone has butlers. Rihito serves as Mei's butler, and although there is a rule that forbids them falling in love with each other, they do anyway. Extremely silly as many Japanese comedies are, but fairly well acted too.

Yamato Nedishiko Shichi Henge (2010 Japanese drama) 4/5 - Live-action version of The Wallflower (Perfect Girl Evolution), this comedy is has some very eccentric characters, but not too much character development or romance. Good for laughs, though.

Personal Taste (2010 Korean drama) 4/5 - A young architect pretends to be gay in order to move into a house owned by a somewhat lazy, unfeminine lady because the house is vital to winning his next project. He becomes her "best gay friend" and tries to teach her to be more ladylike while protecting her. The plot was not very original, and not as many funny moments as you would like, but there's enough cute parts in it that if you haven't watched too many other Korean romantic comedies, it's worth watching.

Prosecutor Princess (2010 Korean drama) 3/5 - A rich, spoiled girl is forced to become a prosecutor by her dad. The acting was good but the plot was too predictable for me (maybe on purpose?); there's a plot twist that gets foreshadowed early on and over and over, and the end turned too melodramatic for my taste.

Take Care of the Young Lady / My Fair Lady (2009 Korean drama) 2.5/5 - A former gigolo and poor guy into an accident with a rich, sheltered lady who was driving recklessly. Eventually he manages to become her butler, convincing her grandfather that he can change her while personally believing that he can scam her out of money, but instead he realizes that there is more to her than her cold exterior. I liked the acting and the chemistry between the leads, but the plot wasn't deep enough, and there wasn't enough comedy or character development outside of the romance.

The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry (2010 Korean drama) 4/5 - Younger guy/older lady pairing, early on the lady is hilarious when she's acting crazy, but it drifts into more drama-mode by the middle episodes, turning into a straightforward drama/romance focusing on the relationships between the various characters in the story and the issues with their families and workplaces/co-workers.

You're Beautiful (2009 Korean drama) 5/5 - A sweet, naive nun agrees to pretend to be her popstar teen idol male twin for a month in order to help find their long lost mom. And basically everyone falls in love with her. It's very childish and sweet, and despite some of the weird or unexplained parts of the story, I highly recommend it.

All-Time Asian Romantic Comedy Recommendations:
(You already watched Hana Yori Dango, otherwise that probably would have made this list along with the other versions.)

Coffee Prince (2007 Korean drama)
Follows the Korean romance drama formula, but the acting and production are superb, especially the music (which makes sense since one of the side characters is portrayed as a music producer). Plus, unlike in some other Korean stories, there's no melodramatic super-evil character out to get them - so it's just about their relationship and the struggles they face, leaving it more full of sweeter moments.

Nodame Cantabile (2007 Japanese drama)
A clumsy, un-hygenic girl interferes with an arrogant musical genius's closed and clean life, and hi-jinx ensue. Sometimes over-the-top, I preferred the anime a bit better, but this one was still excellent. All the characters are great and although the chemistry/romance between the leads is tough because their personalities are so different, it showed their development well.

Proposal Daisakusen (2007 Japanese drama)
This drama has a fantasy element (a church fairy/spirit that sends the main character back in time to fix his regrets over not being honest about his love for his childhood friend, who's getting married to someone else), but really it's more like watching flashbacks about high school and college from his perspective, and seeing all of the effort that he has to make her realize how much he loves her. Both characters are very restrained and reserved, so you don't see much romance on-screen, but you feel their emotions for sure.

My Girl (2005 Korean drama)
A cheerful tour guide who's adept at making up lies agrees to impersonate the long-lost grand-daughter of a rich hotel owner for money. The chemistry in this one was really good, and the comedy was great, although I would have liked even more of those silly random parody moments that occur during the series, and the ending was a bit frustrating to bear.

Honorable mentions: Devil Beside You (2005 TW drama), It Started with a Kiss (2005-2007 TW drama), Full House (2004 Korean drama) & Smiling Pasta (2007 TW drama),

If you don't mind animated series, I'd also check out Toradora (2008 Japanese anime) which is a high-school romantic comedy.

lexijjang

Post by lexijjang » Oct 8th, '10, 22:36

Top 10:

1) Full House (STILL LOVE THIS DRAMA XD)

2) It Started With A Kiss/They Kissed Again

3) My Girl

4) My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox

5) You're Beautiful

6) Boys Over/Before Flowers

7) Cinderella Sister

8 ) Goong

9) Hi My Sweetheart

10) Personal Taste

XiaoXuan

Post by XiaoXuan » Oct 9th, '10, 18:01

Could anyone please recommend some dramas which are produced to a very high standard and have relatively mature themes. (doesn't have to be too mature actually, just don't want any idol drama sort of suggestions)

The best two examples that come to mind are Iris and Last Friends. Both have great acting, and just seem a lot more professional than many other dramas. (no disrespect, I like most dramas)

HYD and Hana Kimi are also good examples if you ignore the plot. Kurosagi if you ignore the acting.

The type of plot I like... Well, I loved My Lucky Star. Black and White too... But most plots are fine, as long as they're not too far-fetched. Anything to do with gangs is good as well.

Thank you to anyone who can help! :)

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Oct 9th, '10, 18:50

@ XiaoXuan : Chuno (Korean Drama ) really great one you should watch :D

XiaoXuan

Post by XiaoXuan » Oct 10th, '10, 16:51

The Chaos wrote:@ XiaoXuan : Chuno (Korean Drama ) really great one you should watch :D
Thank you! :)

Any other recommendations? (see two posts above for what I'm looking for)

boasnowprincess

Post by boasnowprincess » Oct 13th, '10, 22:09

In no particular order, though King of Baking may be the top:
King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo (South Korea)
Moonlght Resonance (HK)
Can't Buy Me Love (HK)
Boys Over Flowers (South Korea)
Fated To Love You (Taiwan)
My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox (South Korea)
Beyond the Realm of Conscience (HK)
You're Beautiful (South Korea)

These are only some of my favourites.

daintymarie

Recommend Historical Drama?

Post by daintymarie » Nov 13th, '10, 02:13

Specifically, historical drama that has an emphasis on a cute or epic sort of romance (I recently had this amazing dream in which I was in a wuxia sort of setting; I won't get into details, but ever since I had been craving for a historical drama!). I don't mind if it's Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc., but I would like to see a nice, serious, one. Also, it would be nice if it was really, how do you put it, beautiful? like the scenery and quality of film... I'm not sure what it's called, but anywho- I'm really new to historical drama; I've seen some episodes of Princess Returning Pearl (sorry If that title is wrong) but although I liked the story, I'm afraid it was a bit dated for me, in terms of when the drama was made. So, well...thanks for replying beforehand!

quandary

Post by quandary » Nov 13th, '10, 02:51

I'm a huge fan of the taiga dramas which, for the most part, are lavishly produced and the writing, in both dialog and story line, are as good as television gets, by whatever standard you'd care to use. The two links provided are my favorites as far as your request is concerned. I don't know how historically accurate the character portrayals are, given the time they lived in, I'm certain that embellishments were required to flesh out the story, but I found them enormously enjoyable. The use of absolutely first rate actors and actresses certainly didn't hurt. The fact that they are real people who made an impact in one of the most turbulent and interesting times in Japanese history doesn't hurt either. I can't recommend these too highly. Enjoy.

The story of Yamauchi Kazutoyo and Chiyo
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Komyo_ga_Tsuji

The story of Maeda Toshie and Matsu
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Toshiie_and_Matsu

Blair Witch

Post by Blair Witch » Nov 13th, '10, 09:57

Hello! can somebody recommend me a drama like majo saiban? I want to watch something about law,not about crimes or murders,i want something with/about judges,lawyers,court cases and Serious stuff like this xD
i don't mind if it's japanese or korean or anything else,just to be something good.

rorein

Post by rorein » Nov 23rd, '10, 01:49

Hi

Can someone recommend me some dramas to watch. Although all I've seen are J-Dramas I'm not fussy where they come from.
I've seen and enjoyed Life, Last Friends, Atashinchi no Danshi, Bloody Monday, Kurosagi, Aishiteru, Binbo Danshi, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Attention Please.
It's a bit of mix but is anyone able to recommend me some dramas to watch.

Thanks

Blair Witch

Post by Blair Witch » Nov 23rd, '10, 13:22

@rorein
i recommend you Kisarazu cat's eye,it's about frinedship,life and it's a bit sad but in the same time really funny; Love shuffle,maybe you don't like romance dramas but this is really great; Mr Brain this is just awesome.The quiz show 2 - just awesome too xD
Others good: sunao ni narenakute [it's like last friends] liar game,maybe gokusen,code blue [great medical drama].
hope i helped you ^^'

rorein

Post by rorein » Nov 23rd, '10, 16:51

That's great thanks. I will definately give them a try. I had watched the first couple episodes of Code Blue before I don't know why I never finished it.

karrontu

Post by karrontu » Dec 7th, '10, 21:48

Well... my term of historical is mainly WW2 and dates before that XD
1. Snow Leopard
2.The Myth (Series not movie)
3. A step into the Past
4.Schemes of a Beauty (美人心计)
5.Romance of the three kingdom

evilmechy

Post by evilmechy » Jan 6th, '11, 14:46

Can anyone recommend me dramas similar to these, Flower over Boys, Secret Garden, Coffee Prince.

Either male or female is rich and other partner is poor.

Thanks~

Blair Witch

Post by Blair Witch » Jan 6th, '11, 14:53

@evilmechy
Hana kimi,You're beautiful or My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.
evilmechy wrote: Either male or female is rich and other partner is poor.
A Millionaire's First Love,but it's a movie.

xohhbiteme

Post by xohhbiteme » Jan 10th, '11, 06:56

Any dramas similar to Fire Boys (Japanese)?

icyangel88

Post by icyangel88 » Feb 2nd, '11, 06:14

My best 6:
1) Full House
2) Gokusen (preferably season 1 and 2)
3) Winter Sonata/ Autumn's tale
4) Bloody Monday 1 and 2
5) Nobuta wo Produce
6) Kurosagi

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 7th, '11, 20:19

I would recommend the following, so far:

1. Devil Beside You (Taiwanese)
2. Fated to Love You (Taiwanese)
3. To Get Her (Taiwanese)
4. Love with Corners (Taiwanese)
5. Iljimae (Korean)
6. A Love to Kill ( Korean)
7. Boys Before Flowers (Korean)
8. Marry Me Mary (Korean)
9. Nodame Cantible (Japanese)
10. Pride (Japanese)
11. Kimi was Petto (Japanese)
12. Orange Days (Japanese)
Now watching: Need to find some new dramas

ryan69flow

Post by ryan69flow » Mar 17th, '11, 14:01

1. Nobuta wo Produce
2. Proposal Daisakusen
3. Bloody Monday 1+2
4. Hana Yori Dango
5. Hana Kimi

Rozillla

Post by Rozillla » Mar 24th, '11, 21:22

Hey peeps! I've been out of the loop for a little bit, the last dramas I watched were Coffee Prince, Last Friends, Dal Ja's Spring, Mars.. around that time..I'm wondering if anyone could recommend some NEW K or J dramas that are funny, with romance and not about high school kids (I'm okay with college age recs).

Thanks!
Rose

Akira16

Help me find a good drama! (Japanese or Korean) :D

Post by Akira16 » May 7th, '11, 23:43

Hi, I'm looking for a drama which is somewhat "Life-altering" or just makes you think about life in general, I've watched 2 Japanese dramas by the names of Great Teacher Onizuka and Nobuta Wo Produce, and loved them both; as they didn't only focus on one genre, I tend to like the 'high school' theme, but all suggestions are welcome, So guys, recommendations?
:cheers: :salut:

chicholate85

Post by chicholate85 » May 8th, '11, 00:38

try Gokusen 1,2,3 there so many life-atering value there.. should try to watch Hanazakarino Kimitachi-e "Ikemen Paradise" or shortened by Hanakimi..

If you enjoy watching medical drama.. try to watch Team Medical Dragon 1,2,3

Fast-Debrid435

Post by Fast-Debrid435 » May 11th, '11, 05:43

hmm.. actually i got lots but I think I can only share my TOP 5 in random order so ignore the numbering.... :D

1.) Crazy Little Thing Called Love aka First Love (Thai Movie)
2.) Full House (Korean Series)
3.) My Sassy Girl (Korean Movie)
4.) Windstruck (Korean Movie)
5. ) It Started With A Kiss & They Kissed Again (Taiwanese Series)

-- I just wanna inform that these movie was drama but comedy at the same time! love story also.. Indeed., worth watching... :thumright:

Shuushoku

Post by Shuushoku » Jul 15th, '11, 20:42

I loved:

1) Stand Up !!

2) Tokyo Dogs

3) Akihabara@Deep

ulzzangmiko

Post by ulzzangmiko » Aug 15th, '11, 17:00

loved Last Friends, Code Blue, and has anyone watched 君がくれた夏? it's tear-jerking :(

for K dramas wise, it's got to be Princess Hours, Shining Inheritance, and more lately 49, city hunter & the greatest love :)

Utada

Post by Utada » Aug 21st, '11, 15:40

Hey guys! Do you know any Asian dramas about art schools or art in general? I've seen Honey & Clover, Dream High, Festival/Heartstrings/You've fallen for me.

Akuma_Blade

Post by Akuma_Blade » Aug 26th, '11, 22:38

Ladies and gentlemans. Can anyone recommend me dramas of maked 1980-1992 and fully translated. I was recently watch Sukeban Deka 1 and I'm at 80's / early 90's drama mood now. Thanks and best regards.