RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE ASIAN DRAMAS

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
clee666

Post by clee666 » May 28th, '07, 05:23

Korean:
1- My Girl
2- Beautiful Life
3- Kim Sam Soon
4- Hello! Miss
5- Full House

sukkee!!

Business-base drama

Post by sukkee!! » Jun 9th, '07, 04:59

Can anyone list for me the drama that base on business-base drama
i mean any drama..jdrama,kdrama,cdrama,or twdrama..

Yukina_Mulder

Post by Yukina_Mulder » Jun 24th, '07, 02:32

Top 5 - JDrama
- Kimi Wa Petto
- Nobuta Wo Produce
- Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
- Nodame Cantabile
- Majo no Jouken

Top 5 - KDrama
- My Name is Kim Sam Soon
- Dal Ja's Spring
- My Sister-in-Law is 19
- Full House
- My Girl

Top 5 - TwDrama
- The Rose
- It Started With a Kiss
- Prince Turns To Frog
- Mars
- Love Contract (bad ending... but i love this drama)

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jun 24th, '07, 03:17

Best K-Dramas:
Full House: simply the best. SHK and Bi are so super cute and funny.
My Girl: Lee Da Hee was halarious and storyline was awesome.
Which Star Are You From: another great couple. cute story
Heaven Tree: So Sad

Best J-dramas
My Boss My Hero - this is my fav., can't stop laughing
Hana Yori Dang 1=2: also favorite. AMAZING
Kurosagi: very nice
Nobuta Wo Produce: KAME KAME KAME

c-dramas
Corner WIth Love
Metoer Garden
My Lucky Star
Return of the Condor Heroes

petitchou

Post by petitchou » Jun 26th, '07, 08:55

favourite k-dramas:
dal ja's spring - such a nice story from beginning to end, funny too.
fantasy couple - hilarious.
goong and goong s - i love these both for different reasons, goong was my first k-drama and i loved it, goong s was funny and i loved the set for both of these dramas.
over the rainbow - i loved the music and hwan hee
full house - so funny and the story was great.

favourite j-dramas:
hana yori dango 1 & 2 - i loved the anime and manga and i loved the live-action as well. hilarious and matsumoto is so cute.
kekkon dekinai otoko - so funny, i love ken-chan.
orange days - very touching story.
densha otoko - hilarious.
kimi wa petto - so cute and funny, i would like a momo.

favourite taiwanese dramas:
devil beside you - funny and ah meng is so delicious.
smiling pasta - funny and cute story.
prince turned into a frog - so amusing and a nice story.
magicians of love - very funny and great music.
it started with a kiss - so great and hilarious.
mars - fantastic story, and of course vic zhou is oh so hot.

SANJEEVDRAMA

Dramas that made you cry

Post by SANJEEVDRAMA » Jun 30th, '07, 23:02

hey I would like to know if anyone has any good dramas to suggest me that made them cried

Watchman

Post by Watchman » Jun 30th, '07, 23:08

Pleease read the rules. This is only for publishing subtitles.

David

devillicious

Gokusen!

Post by devillicious » Jun 30th, '07, 23:11

I'd have to say that both seasons of Gokusen made me teary near the end (I don't like crying in front of people so I made sure nobody could tell I was getting teary--my computer is in my living room where everyone can see me). Anyway, the show itself is awesome and heartwarming. I love the ending. I think season two made me want to cry even more than season one (though, both seasons did their jobs *tear*). Other than that, I can't think of anything else. I just got into watching Asian dramas recently but I can't remember all of the ones I did watch. I'll tell you if I think of any.
Currently Viewing:
IRIS / You''re Beautiful

ojouprincess

gokusen, one litre of tears

Post by ojouprincess » Jun 30th, '07, 23:24

yeah, gokusen was really touching! i cried a lot too, especially in the last eps of gokusen 1... but if u really want to cry, u should watch one litre of tears... my eyes were so swollen after i finished this drama... i literally cried a litre of tears... 14 sai no haha and proposal daisakusen also made me cry somehow...

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jun 30th, '07, 23:45

If you want a really sad story to make you cry watch summer snow

dalia

Post by dalia » Jul 1st, '07, 01:47

erm...this should be in a different section of the forum. >_>

malay_tiger

Re: Gokusen!

Post by malay_tiger » Jul 1st, '07, 02:20

devillicious wrote:I'd have to say that both seasons of Gokusen made me teary near the end (I don't like crying in front of people so I made sure nobody could tell I was getting teary--my computer is in my living room where everyone can see me). Anyway, the show itself is awesome and heartwarming. I love the ending. I think season two made me want to cry even more than season one (though, both seasons did their jobs *tear*). Other than that, I can't think of anything else. I just got into watching Asian dramas recently but I can't remember all of the ones I did watch. I'll tell you if I think of any.
if gokusen made you cry... then jdorama One Litre of Tears, Ichi Rittoru no Namida will make you cry 2 litres :lol :lol :lol

wrong section, I think, this suppose to be subtitle section :scratch:

hasen

Post by hasen » Jul 1st, '07, 03:09

Definitely, if you want to cry, watch One Litre of Tears 1リットルの涙 (ichi rittoru no namida)

RPGonline2

~My Top 5~

Post by RPGonline2 » Jul 1st, '07, 03:53

~1 It Started With A Kiss
~2 Winter Sonata
~3 Full House
~4 Goong S
~5 Fall Story (I forget...haven't watched in a while o.O)

Miru2

Post by Miru2 » Jul 1st, '07, 04:11

i watch proposal daisakusen, makes me almost cry...
may be because i'm touch by how much he try to get his love back in the past

Miru2

Post by Miru2 » Jul 1st, '07, 04:12

i watch proposal daisakusen, makes me almost cry...
may be because i'm touch by how much he try to get his love back in the past

nounou401

Post by nounou401 » Jul 1st, '07, 04:21

one litre of tears...

renachan

Post by renachan » Jul 1st, '07, 09:57

Absolutely 1 litres of tears. Other than that...14 Sai no Haha, Tokyo Tower, Prodai...

If talk about Korea drama, It gotta be Autumn in my heart. :-)

Dagorlad

Post by Dagorlad » Jul 1st, '07, 11:03

I have only seen a few complete series so far, and all were K dramas.

My favorite BY FAR is, (and I can hardly imagine topping it):
1) "Crazy For You" (Highly recommended)
My second and 3rd favorite:
2) "The Secret Lovers"
3) "Sorry, I Love You"

With so many dramas, I can not imagine ever getting around to extensively watching dramas from other countries. Fro now, and for a long time to come, I will probably mostly just be sticking with K drama, although I look forward to broadening my horizons.

There just isn't enough time to explore the film of all of the nations... not with all of the other things I am pursuing in life!!! I can't wait to get more involved in it and learn more about it though.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Jul 1st, '07, 14:39

Hmmm... that'd be "Satokibi Batake no Uta", Song of the Canefields.

For those who've never seen it... It's from 2003 I think, and features Ueto Aya, Odagiri Joe, Nakama Yukie, Kuroki Hitomi, Katsuji Ryo, etc, and it deals with the family of a photographer who get dragged into the battle of Okinawa. The family, especially the father, have nothing to do with the militaristic madness from the central government in Tokyo. But they can't escape. It has a brilliant cast and to be frank, a tv production like that would be impossible in Europe, because it is rather graphic at times and shows good and evil on both sides.
Odagiri plays a Japanese officer, one of those who were not fanatic zealots, one of those who soldiers would follow without hesitation, of course he gets killed. Sanma Akashiya, who plays the father, ends up being ordered to kill a wounded American -by one of the zealots in the military. Two of his sons die, his daughter in law, played by Nakama Yukie, dies shortly before the end (what I really loved was that Nakama, who is Okinawan, played a character who, ultimately, stands up against the military and resists their idiocy). Ueto Aya plays the second daughter and her character ends up being one of the auxiliary nurses who nearly jumps to her death when all is lost. Ohira Natsumi plays the youngest daughter and Nakama's character teaches her a small sentence in basic English, which -I would say- ultimately saves her life and the lives ofher her mother (Kuroki Hitomi, amazing as usual) and her little brother.
I watched it again just a few days ago, after Okinawa began to rise up in anger against the latest textbook changes forced upon school students by the central government in Tokyo. And yes, it was touching, once again. Especially Ueto was really good in it (and I'm not really a fan of her). It reminded me of my visit to the Himeyuri no To last year. I mean, the A-bomb museum in Hiroshima was bad, but the Himeyuri no To... no further comment... It was just... I can't really explain it. I have friends in that age group over there. Just the thought that the military would have done the same with them...

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jul 1st, '07, 15:59

Kisarazu cats Eyes was sad but the same time funny so i did cry and laugh at the same time :lol
1Litre of tears and 14sai no haha( those two series where so sad and touching) :cry: and taiyou no uta..
Currently watching: Mean Girl Ah Chu, Hatarakiman, Fated to Love You, Daisukii!!

sabriyahm

Post by sabriyahm » Jul 1st, '07, 18:03

Beautiful life (jdrama) is the drama I cried the most in. I have shed a few tears in one or two other dramas but me and my mom cried through all the ending episodes of Beautiful life. I highly recommend it.
:wub: :wub:

angel333

Post by angel333 » Jul 1st, '07, 20:58

Dramas that made me cry were: Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake ( I cried the whole night when he left to USA), Yuuki and Lavender

devillicious

Post by devillicious » Jul 3rd, '07, 21:05

My top 5 favorites are:
  • 1. Hana Yori Dango (season 1 and 2)
    2. Gokusen (season 1 and 2)
    3. Proposal Daisakusen
    4. Why Why Love
    5. Liar Game

They aren't in order of greatest to least since I like every last of them, but the only one that I can say is the best is Hana Yori Dango! The rest are all on the same level but below it. ^^
Currently Viewing:
IRIS / You''re Beautiful

eml132

Post by eml132 » Jul 5th, '07, 06:29

1. Proposal Daisakusen
2. Hana Yori Dango
3. Ichi Rittoru no Namida
4. Beautiful Life
5. Nodame Cantabile

STR8UPGSTATUS

Post by STR8UPGSTATUS » Jul 5th, '07, 11:26

A new recommendation: Que Sera Sera
Not your typical KDrama.
Lets all ask the universal question: How does Korea continuously churn out these handsome/super fine-looking males?

ch3rrysw33t

Post by ch3rrysw33t » Jul 9th, '07, 12:04

hmm... let's see,

HAPPY/ FUNNY

(j) hana yori dango 1 & 2- has a good all around plot and there and the characters are very well developed; plus u will absolutely fall in love with the lead actor, MATSUJUN!! :wub:

(k) full house- most adorable romantic comedy, and it is too good to miss;
the lead couple have great chemistry :thumright:

(k) my girl- the lead actress is WAYYYYY too funny. it is a must watch, and has some very sentimental scenes in it. :roll

(t) it started w/ a kiss- has a very enduring theme, and is by far the best tdrama i've seen (lead couple was very cute, especially JOE!!!) :heart:

(k) goong// princess hours-stunning cinemography and adorable storyline, a must watch for teenagers and all around drama lovers!!!

SERIOUS/ SAD

(k) Winter Sonata- THE classic that set the bar for tear-jerking dramas, check it out, but bring a box of kleenex...

(k)Beautiful Days- not necessarily sad, persay, but a romance that involves more than just ur typical boy meets girl scenarios. its more of a human drama that centers on the relationship of 4 people. check it out. its way worth it

DON"T BOTHER

(t)meteor garden 2- if u have seen the first one (it was gr8 :cheers: ) do not go through the torture of sitting through this piece of.... just don't....

(k) delightful girl choon hyang- had so much potential in the beginning but i really coudn't stand the girl character... didn't hate her, but couldn't like her. the male lead was amazing tho, and his facial expressions are priceless :D but in the end, i had to bail on this drama because of the creepy old guy...gosh i h8 that character

(t)devil beside you- i actually didn't h8 this one; it was pretty decent, and the main couple had great chemstry but at the end of the day, i really couldn't buy the 'love they had for each other'; and i think the producers just tried to pack in too much drama
its gets a 2.5/ 5 from me

***srry die hard DBY fans, pls don't hurt me :sweat:

(t) tokyo juliet-lead actor was HOT HOT HOT :heart: :heart: :heart: in this one but i think the story just needed more time for the characters to develope and get to know each other; its one of the scenarios where they fall in love instantly, and nothing really makes sense. plus, the overall plot was just too overly dramatic---it was just too unrealistic up to the point of absurdity....

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 10th, '07, 15:13

Hmm...I watch mostly korean dramas because I like them the best, and I've seen only a few of the really popular Taiwanese/Japanese dramas. So don't take the Tw/Jdrama recommendations too seriously. :P

All-Time Favorite Kdramas:
1. I'm Sorry I Love You - serious
2. My Girl - funny
3. Dal Ja's Spring - funny
4. Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - funny
5. Fantasy Couple - funny
6. Stairway to Heaven - serious
7. Winter Sonata - serious

Twdramas I've seen in order of preference:
1. Devil Beside You - great chemistry, cute scenes
2. Meteor Garden - very funny, nice story

Jdramas I've seen in order of preference:
1. Gokusen - GREAT-looking actors! plot a little boring...
2. Hana Yori Dango - Meteor Garden was about 100x better

I'm definitely going to watch ISWAK and probably 1 Litre of Tears. I don't know about Mars though...good idea or not? Isn't it supposed to be a really dark drama? Sounds kinda boring.
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

AyuMoo

Post by AyuMoo » Jul 16th, '07, 01:26

Japanese Dramas

1. Hana Yori Dango I and II
2. Nobuta Wo Produce
3. Kimi Wa Petto
4. One Litre of Tears
5. Gokusen
6. Tatta Hitotsu No Koi (did not like this at first.. but it gradually grew on me and I find myself watching it over and over :D)

Taiwanese Dramas

1. Devil Beside You
2. It Started With a Kiss
3. Meteor Garden I
4. Corner With Love
5. Mars
6. 100% Senorita
7. Hana Kimi

Korean Dramas

1. Full House
2. Goong
3. My Girl
Currently Watching:

Why Why Love/Exchange Love, Hana Kimi (Japanese)

ZPanda

Post by ZPanda » Jul 24th, '07, 02:19

Full House - :-)
It Started With A Kiss - Cutest drama ever :wub:
Stairway To Heaven - Sad :-(
Love Contract - I still liked it even though the ending was rushed and all

Auron3

Cute Love-ish K/J Dramas

Post by Auron3 » Jul 27th, '07, 20:57

Hey,
I'm looking for some recommendations to really good K-Drama/J-Drama that have to do with cute and engaging romantic stories. In order to get an idea of what I'm looking for, I will tell you the shows that I've watched that I have liked alot, and you can use that to tell me shows that have similar characteristics.

Romance-Love Stories:
Densha Otoko
Que Sera Sera

Other Shows I've watched that I also like and would like recommendations on would be those that leave you wanting more. Shows you can't wait to see next week (or to finish downloading.)

Liar Game

As you people can see I haven't watched much Dramas, because I'm quite picky on what I watch, since time is of the essence for me. So to my own judgement, I only pick really good dramas that catch my attention even before I see it. Since there's a lot of you who have watched alot of really amazing dramas that I'm missing that fit the type of Dramas I like, I would like your collaboration and aid in showing me what are those.

Thank you very much.

Auron

lepoete

Post by lepoete » Jul 29th, '07, 00:26

My top 5 favorite Dramas of all time were:

1) Devil Beside you
2) Hana Yori Dango 2
3)Kimi Wa Petto
4)Hana Yori Dango 1
5) Gokusen

karz000

Post by karz000 » Aug 2nd, '07, 03:50

you guys should watch "Hello God".. I just finished watching it yesterday. and it was soo good. a lot of lessons in life. and i love the love story of Haru and Eunhye. :).. the 2 lead cast are good looking too. :) you should really watch it. :)

jesstrieu

Enlighten me, my fellow drama geeks!!

Post by jesstrieu » Aug 4th, '07, 00:36

Hi people!

Can u lot recommend me romance+comedy dramas??? For example: HANA YORI DANGO or HANAZAKARI NO KIMITACHI

thanks alot!! ^_^)// :D

em_rowie

HI.....are there any other series like 'Hana Yori Dango'?

Post by em_rowie » Aug 6th, '07, 14:07

Hi.....

I just finished watching Hana Yori Dango (again....hehehe :P . I just love d series! It was so sweet..... :wub:)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if there are any other series like it by any chance? Or recommendations of anything like it.....lol

I'm kinda in2 d whole romance/drama/comedy type of thing :P

ToMMyGiRL

Post by ToMMyGiRL » Aug 6th, '07, 14:13

how about Hana Yori Dango 2? have u finished watching?
and currently, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e is really nice as well..romantic/comedy/drama

aawang

Post by aawang » Aug 6th, '07, 14:29

Theres also Meteor Garden, the taiwanese "Hana Yori Dango". Quite funny and with good looking guys :]
You should watch Hanazakari no Kimitachi e!!!! Oguri Shun plays the leading male!
I also recommend Why Why Love, very funny and cute.

em_rowie

Post by em_rowie » Aug 6th, '07, 14:30

Hey Tommygirl :)
I actually watched Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2 one after another.....lol. I actually watched it TWICE....hehehe

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e....sounds interesting :)...i will download it. Thanks! Any other recommendations? :P

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Aug 6th, '07, 14:46

Try "Yamada Taro Monogatari", you won't be disappointed !!
Yeah, Panda !!!

sweetserenity08

Re: HI.....are there any other series like 'Hana Yori Dango'

Post by sweetserenity08 » Aug 6th, '07, 14:55

em_rowie wrote:Hi.....

I just finished watching Hana Yori Dango (again....hehehe :P . I just love d series! It was so sweet..... :wub:)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if there are any other series like it by any chance? Or recommendations of anything like it.....lol

I'm kinda in2 d whole romance/drama/comedy type of thing :P

try to watch this---> kimi wa petto- jdrama; devil beside you-twdrama and my current addiction coffee prince-kdrama... :lol :lol

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Aug 6th, '07, 16:53

romance/drama/comedy
try any korean romantic comedy

but like others said, meteor garden is the same story...
Japanese dramas
hana kimi (JPN) reminds me of HYD atm (all these fan girls they stuck in the drama)
nobuta wo produce - has all 3 elements. my fav. japanese drama ever. It's more deeper than HYD. OK the romance part maybe a little lacking (it's more about friendship)

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 6th, '07, 17:11

maybe kurosagi? it's not fairy-tale-like like Hanadan, but it's also a nice one :)

deshou

Post by deshou » Aug 6th, '07, 17:51

Oh, I would say Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, really nice and sweet. Perhaps really not a comedy, but think it is the closest to HYD that I know... except he is the poor guy and she has rich parents...

em_rowie

Post by em_rowie » Aug 7th, '07, 07:43

Is Meteor Garden any good?

Kuro-puu

Can you reccomend?

Post by Kuro-puu » Aug 8th, '07, 01:51

I really like KO One, Hanazakari no Kimi Tachi e, and the Taiwanese Hana Kimi, so could you recommend more dramas like those for me? [I'm a asian drama n00b]

Out of curiosity I'm downloading Hana Yori Dango and Devil Beside you because I keep hearing good things about them. I would like another "KO One" though.

Thanks a lot!
-Kuro :wub:

southbound

Post by southbound » Aug 10th, '07, 05:55

I recently finished Devil Beside You, and I've been missing it ever since. I really liked it! Is there anything out there that has a similar flavor? So far I've seen:

Japanese:
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Yori Dango 2
Nobuta wo Produce
Nodame Cantabile

Korean:
Full House
Goong
Goong S
My Girl

Taiwanese:
Devil Beside You
It Started with a Kiss

taiwanesebrothaz

need recommendations for dramas

Post by taiwanesebrothaz » Aug 11th, '07, 13:50

any good drama out lately?

i have watched my girl, it started with a kiss, goong, my name is kim sam soon, tatta hitosui, and some others

anything new/old thats good that i can check out?

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Aug 15th, '07, 00:16

Okay!!! I have a few good ones, Im really picky when it comes to picking shows to watch so you can trust my favs!

[In no particular order]

1-Hana yori dango 1 + 2
2- Meteor garden 1 + 2
3- Devil beside you
4- Hana kimi [theres going to be a season 2 comming out]
5- Hana kimi japan [still airing]
6- Lovers in paris
7- It started with a kiss [Theres also going to be a second season comming]

KK once I watch more I'll tell you guys, and if anyone knows any really really REALLY good dramas, say soo! =P

alli_potts

Re: need recommendations for dramas

Post by alli_potts » Aug 15th, '07, 00:30

taiwanesebrothaz wrote:any good drama out lately?

i have watched my girl, it started with a kiss, goong, my name is kim sam soon, tatta hitosui, and some others

The best new drama's, at least I think so:

Coffee Prince
Hotaru no Hikari
Yamada Taro Monogatari

karen05

Re: need recommendations for dramas

Post by karen05 » Aug 15th, '07, 00:42

taiwanesebrothaz wrote:any good drama out lately?

you can try watching these:

HANAZAKARI NO KIMITACHI E (hanakimi) - jdrama
Why Why Love - twdrama

southbound wrote:I recently finished Devil Beside You, and I've been missing it ever since. I really liked it! Is there anything out there that has a similar flavor?

Why Why Love has Mike He, Rainie Yang, & Kingone as the main characters. and its pretty similar to dby. and when i say similar i mean, along the line where :
Mike He = evil boy
Kingone = the nice guy
Rainie = liking the two of them at some time.

WAITING FOR: ISWAK 2 ((:

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Aug 16th, '07, 02:30

OMG I forgot to tell you guys to watch

SMILING PASTA!

IT IS THE BEST!

Seriously, everyone go watch smiling pasta, its amazing! You wont regret it!

yoda smgee

Dramas/Movies based on real life?

Post by yoda smgee » Aug 16th, '07, 05:44

I like watching/reading stuff about real life experiences and was wondering which dramas/movies were based on real life stuff. Doesn't matter where from either.

IIRC:
Densha Otoko - not 100% confirmed
1 Litre of Tears
Sukoshi Wa, Ongaeshi Ga Dekitakana

m1tch13

Anybody recommend a good series with good looking characters

Post by m1tch13 » Aug 16th, '07, 07:39

Anybody recommend a good series with good looking characters?

So far I've watched...
Hana Yori Dango 1&2 [6/5]
Meteor Garden [4/5]
My Girl [4.5/5]
Goong [5/5]
Full House [4.5/5]
Lovers in Paris [4/5]
Save The Last Dance For Me [4.5/5]
Kim Sam Soon (reached only up to ep. 9)
Sweet 18 (reached only up to ep. 10)

I'm more into romantic comedy type but I'm willing to watch other genres as long as it's as good!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 16th, '07, 08:24

Hana Kimi is sposed to have good looking characters. It is called ikemen(hot guy) paradise after all!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 18th, '07, 06:05

Do you need subs? A LOT of Jdrama SPs are actually based on real people or their life stores.
The problem is that there aren't many subbed.

Here are a few that are subbed:
Ri Kouran
Niji wo Kakeru Ouhi
Nihon no Schindler ~ Sugihara Chiune Monogatari
Misora Hibari Monogatari
Onnan no Ichidaiki
Haruka naru Yakusoku
Prison Girl
Yuuki
etc...

Some more recent ones that aren't subbed:
Zou no Hanako
Kazoku e no Love Letter
Message - Densetsu no CM director Sugiyama Toshi

...man, I could go on with SPs... ^_^;

Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru (the current JSoTW) is based off a true story as well. (The actress playing the heroine of the series is in the same comedy troupe as the actual person the story is about).

NHKTaiga dramas revolve around historical figures as well.

For Kdramas, I think Attic Cat was based off the experiences written by a blogger... kinid of like Densha Otoko, I guess. Dae Jang Geum is very loosely based off of a historical person as well.
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

yoda smgee

Post by yoda smgee » Aug 18th, '07, 23:59

Thanks for the list! You're awesome!

TLab3000

Post by TLab3000 » Aug 19th, '07, 10:08

Anata wo Wasurenai is a rather new movie based on a real story about a Korean student's experiences in Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anata_wo_Wasurenai
It was entertaining while watching (except for the ridiculous death scene)... but too stereotypical and not fresh enough to be something special. However, it's a good choice for those evenings when you just want to relax and watch something sad/romantic.

believeinkarma

Post by believeinkarma » Aug 24th, '07, 01:35

i have to say that i do like japanese dramas...but they re DEFINITELY not as addicting as taiwanese or korean dramas......

Taiwanese:

Prince turns into Frog- hands down one of my favs...MUST SEE..totally pones the korean version....mainly because the korean one was after the t one and copied too much..the korean one had prettier people but the t-verion was a lot more entertaining..... and both OSTs are pretty awesome.....
Ying ye 3+1 -soon to be one of my favs cuz it hasnt finished..but i love mingen......
Devil beside you = rainie and mike make a pretty good couple too...i liked the plot...i woudnt recommend the new one though...why why love kinda disappointed me...

Korean:

Sassy girl chunyang= it was just too bubbly and cute...couldnt resist loving it until the end....
kim sam soon =very original....loved the characters...awesome stuff about cooking XD plus hyunbin is a total hottie

Japanese:

Tantei Gakuen= what? mysteries? coolness....the characters are so YOUNG and CUTE
Hana Kimi= i loved how it was different from the manga in many ways. which is why i have been able to conitnue watching..otherwise i wouldve been bored to death

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Aug 24th, '07, 05:02

Both Hana Kimi's are great! There both different from eachother which is good! =]

Once again, watch SMILING PASTA!! Its reallly cutee!!! <3

dreampryncezz

Post by dreampryncezz » Aug 31st, '07, 07:26

Korean Drama
My Girl: Hilarious drama. The cast is incredible. I thought the main actress, Lee Dae Hee, was very well chosen because she completely fit her role. The coupling is awesome also.
Goong: So adorable! The cinematography for this drama is top notch. It was both humorous and dramatic.
Coffee Prince: I liked Goong so much and started watching this series b/c the main actress in Goong was also the main actress in this drama. She is amazing. I can't believe how different she is. It really showcases her talent as an actress

Taiwanese
My Lucky Star: I can't believe no one as mentioned this yet. I love the storyline. It reminds me a lot of My Girl, but I still like it because there is so much more going on. This drama has an amazing cast. Jimmy Lin is such a hearthrob! Even you are not into Taiwanese dramas, you should still try this one out!!! And if you do like Taiwanese dramas and have never watched it, you definitely should! :wub: :wub: :wub:

HiroHikari

Need help sorting the various dramas ive researched.

Post by HiroHikari » Aug 31st, '07, 23:59

Ive researched all of these titles through dramawiki and I wanted some people on here to please tell me if theyre worth it or not. Theyre a random mix of Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese dramas from 2006-2007. If I missed anything I should def get please feel free to list some suggestions. I wouldve put this post in the recommendations section but I figured its not so much of a reccomendation but more of a review. Hope someone can be nice enough to help.

Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
Love Multiplication / Ai Qing Xin Hu Xi
Calling Love / Ma Que Ai Shang Feng Huang
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Himitsu no Hanazono
Hanazakari no Kimitachi E
Flowers For My Life
Dal Ja's Spring
Que Sera Sera
Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Watashi no Atama no Naka no Keshigomu
Sand Chronicles / Sandglass
Shinigami No Ballad
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
Papa no Namida de Ko wa Sodatsu
Jigoku no Sata mo Yome Shidai
Jodan Ja Nai
Kazoku e no Love Letter
First Kiss
Summer X Summer
My Girl
Mars
Whats Up Fox
Kaew Tae Pee
Hana Yori Dango 2
Operation Love
The Kid From Heaven
How Are You God
My Lucky Star/Fang Yang De Xing Xing
Corner With Love
I Really Really Like You
Spring Days / Bom Nal
Kami wa Saikoro wo Furanai
Sound Of Colors / Di Shia Tie
Chu, Chu, My Daddy / Qing Qing Xiao Ba
Huan Huan Ai/Exchange Love

Edina

Post by Edina » Sep 1st, '07, 00:12

I recommend My Girl, a Korean drama...it's such a funny drama with a lot of lovely scenes and two cute guys =)

And you should watch Hana Yori Dango 2 as well...that's my fave drama and the whole story is awesome!!!!!! You have to watch it!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Shinigami

Re: Need help sorting the various dramas ive researched.

Post by Shinigami » Sep 1st, '07, 00:16

Here is my recommendatio from your list
HiroHikari wrote: Delightful Girl Choon Hyang
Papa to Musume no Nanokakan
First Kiss
My Girl
Mars
Hana Yori Dango 2
I will add some Doramas ^_^
Hotaru no Hikari
Ushi ni Negai wo

and Kdrama
Coffee Prince

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 1st, '07, 09:30

The Recommendations Thread is a catch-all for any and all types of questions regarding what to watch. Please continue to use it as such.

Thanks
Read the D-Addicts FAQ before asking questions.
No movies here, so please don't request. Check the Asian Movie Torrent Links.

HiroHikari

Post by HiroHikari » Sep 1st, '07, 20:36

Alrighty thanks! Hope people look at my first post on here and help me out.

Noale

Post by Noale » Sep 4th, '07, 14:34

Babyitshind wrote:OMG I forgot to tell you guys to watch

SMILING PASTA!

IT IS THE BEST!

Seriously, everyone go watch smiling pasta, its amazing! You wont regret it!
Yes, I've watched it too :lol It's such a cute drama. I definately recommend this one as well, though for some reason it's not extremely popular, is it?
Follow your feet and you will not get lost :thumright:

ZPanda

Post by ZPanda » Sep 10th, '07, 00:44

all of my dramas i've seen...i liked...

smiling pasta [must watch]
it started with a kiss
goong s [only cause of the cute pairing and SE7EN<333, but the storyline was bad]
hana yori dango 1 & 2 [must watch]
devil beside you

currently watching...

why why love
hana kimi [shun<3]

ceehgeeh

bwahahaha

Post by ceehgeeh » Sep 12th, '07, 07:45

dhiNe wrote:it started w/ a kiss
full house
hana kimi (but i did NOT like the end)

:nuts: bwahahahaha i was reading through this and i was thinking in my head wow diz person has da same taste as dhine..... bwahahaha and i look on da side and it was youuuuuuu. Man too funny too funny.... I can't stop laughing hehehehehehe bwhahahahaha :w000t: no really its too funny hahahahahahaha :w000t: hahahahahaha :w000t: oh dhine i :wub: u! really you make my day! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :salut: :salut: :salut:

pongalong

Post by pongalong » Sep 12th, '07, 08:32

Romance Comedies (my all-time favorites)
1. Coffee Prince (Kdrama)
2. My Girl (Kdrama)
3. Full House (Kdrama)
4. Hana Yori Dango (Jdrama)
5. Sweet 18 (kdrama)

Comedies
1. Gokusen (jdrama)
2. Gokesen II (jdrama)
3. Attention Please! (jdrama)
4. GTO (jdrama)
5. Nobuta wo Produce (jdrama)

Romance
1. Save the Last Dance for Me (kdrama) [my favorite drama, i love eugene!]
2. All In (kdrama)
3. Hotelier (kdrama)
4. Beautiful Days (kdrama)
5. Loving You (kdrama)

Tear Jerkers
1.Autumn in my Heart (kdrama)
2. Stairway to Heaven (kdrama)
3. 1 Litre of Tears (jdrama)
4. I'm Sorry, I Love You (kdrama)
5. Love Contract (TWdrama)

Out of all these, if i had to choose just five, i'd choose, in no particular significant order,
Beautiful Days, Hotelier, one of these three: My Girl, Full House, or Sweet 18 (they're just as funny and sweet and just as loveable, i can't decide!! sorry!), Gokusen, and Save the Last Dance for Me.

i'm a cheerful person, so tear jerkers, although great dramas, will not be on my list to watch... sorry for those who love a good heart-felt cry, it's just not for me!

pongalong

Post by pongalong » Sep 12th, '07, 08:37

omg i totally forgot to mention
Smiling Pasta
Lovers in Paris
My Name is Kim Sam Soon
Jewel in the Palace
Jumong
It Started With a Kiss
Hana Kimi (japanese version)
Be Strong, Geum-soon (i really really really adore this drama. it's one of my FAVORITE favorites)

there is seriously no way i could limit to five!!! it's too hard! i love them all and you must watch each and every one of them!!!

Shinda-chan

Asian Drama - Suggestions for ME! and others

Post by Shinda-chan » Sep 16th, '07, 08:01

well, I'm looking for a drama in the categories of horror, scifi, fantasy, mystery, drama (duh), magic, psychic, action, vampire/demon/underworld/ghost related and anything similar to those types... but, I'm mainly looking for drama w/ a main male role, or 2nd main character... not old though...

the dramas I've watched and loved are:
gokusen 1 & 2
liar game
jotei
yuuki
nobuta wo produce
kindaihi shounen jikenbo 2005
doubutsu119
fuurinkazan
hanakimi

so if there are any suggestions, please say so!! you all know who those hot and cute male actors are from those dramas... we all love them... and I'm aiming for drama (J, K, C, T...) with those kinds of guys!! ^_^ so let's go!!

iHeartGreenTea

got any recommendations?

Post by iHeartGreenTea » Sep 17th, '07, 02:22

im trying to look for fighting dramas, either martial arts, or any fighting with swords and it gota have cool graphics, so you guys got any recommendations for me to watch?

dreampryncezz

Post by dreampryncezz » Sep 17th, '07, 07:38

My recommendations are all for romantic comedies:

Goong
My Girl

and DEFINITELY My Lucky Star :wub:
It's such a great drama. It has an original storyline. The actors are charming. The stunts were all really performed by the actors. It was really great! Furthermore, the drama really focuses on the main couple so you don't have too many side stories. My take on drama is that if I wanted to know about the other coupling, I could just watch another drama with another couple!!! So I really like dramas that focus only on one couple. This has great character development, and it's sweet and funny.

Jimmy Lin is adorable! =)

Avimea

Post by Avimea » Sep 17th, '07, 16:27

I'm quite picky on what I watch, since time is of the essence for me. So to my own judgement, I only pick really good dramas that catch my attention even before I see it.

Since there's a lot of you who have watched alot of really amazing dramas that I'm missing that fit the type of Dramas I like, I would like your collaboration and aid in showing me, these are those to tell the truth my favorite Dramas.

1. Time Between Dog and Wolf
2. Mianhada Saranghanda (I'm Sorry, I Love You)
3. A love to kill
4. Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni
5. 1 Litre of Tears
6. Hana Yori Dango

Noale

Post by Noale » Sep 21st, '07, 11:18

I have a question. I have seen many Japanese dramas about high school, but I've never seen one about the student life in a University. So my question is, are there any Japanese dramas involving characters that are students at a University? I would like to know, because I want to learn more about how what it's like going to University in Japan and whether it's very different from European or American universities.
Follow your feet and you will not get lost :thumright: