There is a Troll in the Forum?!?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.
larry_e_smith

There is a Troll in the Forum?!?

Post by larry_e_smith » Nov 9th, '11, 02:52

I have been getting love letters from a poor orphan girl (Tina Koneh) from the Ivory Coast, IP address is Nigeria, but heck its close, if they had a good drama, I would watch one from anywhere in Africa. She even said, 'I love you post on www.d-addicts.com' of course I was trying to remember when I said anything other than thank you to the wonderful subbers here.

It was amazing I got another email from a different orphan from South Africa, and the picture was the same, I bet they originally come from a family of 50 identical twins separated by the wars in Africa, and *I* could get them back together as one happy family. Who's got the camera, there's a drama to be had here, I bet FujiTV would show it they show any crap now days!

But really has anyone else been getting these mails?

Larry

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Nov 9th, '11, 03:24

If you get an unsolicited PM, please report it to me or any other moderator or admin. We can look up where the spams are coming from, most likely India or China, and these account suspended.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

larry_e_smith

Post by larry_e_smith » Nov 9th, '11, 05:18

Sorry, It was a direct e-mail thing. Thanks again, to you specifically for all the great uploads.

Larry

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Nov 9th, '11, 18:26

I switch my regular email over Gmail long time ago and it pretty much filter 99% of that kind of spam from my mailbox.

BTW, I just don't mean getting @gmail.com account. Gmail can also handle mail for any domain name. As long as one can can the MX record for the domain and point it to Gmail's server.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Nov 10th, '11, 04:45

Hmm, you should probably set your email to private. There are always bots spamming the forum and most likely there are email harvesters too.

larry_e_smith

Post by larry_e_smith » Nov 11th, '11, 13:11

saigo_x wrote:Hmm, you should probably set your email to private. There are always bots spamming the forum and most likely there are email harvesters too.
Thanks, One email per almost decade isn't too bad though!

Larry