Post by arakira » Sep 1st, '11, 20:35

Title: 천일의 약속 / A Thousand Days' Promise
Also known as: Forget Me Not
Genre: Romance, melodrama
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2011-Sep-26 to TBA
Air time: Monday & Tuesday Night 21:55

Synopsis

A story about a woman who's slowly losing her memory and a man who takes responsibility for loving her.

Cast

Kim Rae Won as Ji Hyeong
Soo Ae as Seo Yeon
Lee Sang Woo
Moon Jung Hee
Yang Han Yeol
Lee Mi Sook
Park Yoo Hwan
Park Young Kyu
Jung Yoo Mi
Alex
Kim Hae Sook

Production Credits
The "Life is Beautiful" team:
Director: Jung Eul Young
Screenwriter: Kim Soo Hyun

More info to be added soon, hopefully :cheers: :alcoholic:
Last edited by arakira on Nov 9th, '11, 12:26, edited 3 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 1st, '11, 20:39

Count me in! Count me on!! Don't count on my sanity!!!
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 1st, '11, 20:46

Who needs sanity...after more than 2 years...this'll be a party :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 3rd, '11, 13:15

Acording to this source, Yuhwan will play the younger brother of Seo Yeon, who learns of his sister illness, but stays bright not to cause her more troubles.

Damn, Ara, dat pic, dat smile...
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 10th, '11, 11:26

Hmm Alex added for a minor role - yummy yummy this menu is getting better and better.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '11, 11:33

Drama pushed back 3 weeks because of Warrior Idiot Dongsu extension of 6 eps.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 10th, '11, 11:39

WOW 6 eps?! Do they have enough people to kill off in those eps I wonder?
But well...that means they'll have more time for preparations on this one. Hopefully they'll use it well so they won't have to exhaust their stuff :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '11, 11:46

Yeah, 30 eps in total. They have plenty of people to kill off in fact.
Plus they HAVE to start Dongsu - Jinju romance at last!

Yeah, 3 more weeks it's a lot in Kdramaland to prepare.
The Princess' Man started shooting at the beginning of June, but they caught up, and poor Shihu slept for 10 minutes in 3 days last week.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 1st, '11, 21:48

I found my non-sageuk weekday fix.
The fact it has Raewonnie in it doesn't hurt.
Plus, Park little brother is cute as hell too.

PLUS - the script, oh damn me, the script is fabulous! :wub:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Nov 2nd, '11, 04:21

Count me in for this one. What a cast. All my favourites. and Alex and Lee Mi Sook and little Bro.

And the main man.......:-)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Nov 6th, '11, 21:57

Been too busy to even follow this one but I'm trying to catch up. After I made it past ep 3 this is getting better at last. Still...Raewonnie seems a bit stiff and not really into his character. Someone tell me he'll get better soon. Soo Ae on the other hand is doing great. Love her :wub:

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Nov 11th, '11, 14:59

i'm loving this so far

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Nov 11th, '11, 15:59

I did find the first episode quite slow but I gave the drama another chance and I like it so far!
Both male leads sometimes get on my nerves, I think they are overacting , it's not like I hate KRW, he's one of those actors who got me into gutterland, it's just that he can do better...dunno,but don't care Im watching it for the script and So Aeh, God she's gooooooorggggeous , and her voice gives me shivers!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 14th, '12, 07:26

The original of this story was a Japanese film around called "Soul" in 2001 I think. Then it was remade in Korea with Son Yi Jin playing the girl. I watched it tonight on TV and it was marvellous. She looked so beautiful and her presentation of a young girl losing her mind to Alzheimers was really a genuine performance. Jung Woo Sung played the architect husband.
Really worth watching and it is online I think.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 14th, '12, 12:33

Yes, a really nice, touching movie.
I remeber I cried when I watched it.

I need to finish this drama, but where's some time to spare?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 15th, '12, 09:31

Ethlenn...

Time?? Well do what I do and don't wind your watch and don't open the calendar. You would be surprised at all the time that stretches out. Of course I have to watch for the day to pay bills.....

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 18th, '12, 01:01

I am watching this drama still and find that it is really a tour de force for Sue Ae. She will surely get an award for this performance. the older cast members are great. Rae won is very subdued as yet and I can't quite understand why he is absolutely pestering his lover so much. She is ill and going to be much sicker very soon. How does he think he will be able to look after her and most especially she does not want what he wants. Her reasoning makes sense and his does not. Love is not the answer in this situation.

I still don't know what happened with the little sweet bride to be. Is she or is she not pregnant.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 18th, '12, 06:41

She's not.

I stopped after ep 11. I have to finish this sometime soon though. I liked the story and the way it was presented.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 18th, '12, 21:22

I do find the way they are telling this very serious and sad tale rather wholesome. I mean it could become so over the top drama. I honestly like the way Sue Ae is tackling this role. It really seems so honest in her reactions. She is obviously so angry at what is happening to her and she is afraid all the time that she will make a stupid mistake and those silly girls in the office will drive her to distraction.
The mother's reaction when she finally found out what was going on was so pure. Shock but no screaming or throwing of handbags etc. Just had the big heart and mind to accept the size of the problem and still could not let down all defences and say Yes Yes to the plans of her son. Wonderful acting there.
It seems that she can only let out some anger at her younger brother who is so angelic and restrained. He is holding himself together but you can still see his panic and misery for his sister. He is going to become such a good actor as he grows.
Lee Mi sook is about one of the few actressess who could keep up the hysterical appearance for so many scenes. She is only just out of control and does not lose her capabilities at all.

I am looking for some raised emotiions from Kim Rae won. He is doing a splendid job right now but I think there has to be a time when he loses his strength and composure and we may see some histrionics. It's a good role for his first outing after the military I think. Still looking for that smile..

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 26th, '12, 00:59

I am still watching this drama and getting rather angry about the way the young man is forcing his will on everyone. this includes the Su Ae character. she has tried to end things with him so that he will go off and marry the longtime marriage set up by the families for around twenty years. If he never heard of the illness he would have gone ahead and wed the fiancee. He would then probably have wanted to carry on the affair just because he wants to have his lover in secret. Not a nice guy in my eyes. Now however, he is quite prepared to ruin the lives of two families and also run havoc through the life of his former lover...against her will.
Considering he is well educated and a successful person you would think he might know a little about this illness and just what he was entering into for many years of his life. It could easily be only a matter of months or a year at the most and he would not have his lover as he has seen her before. She knows all this but he just is so stubborn and wants his own way .

There is no way out of this so I am curious how the writers will deal with this story.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 26th, '12, 09:12

He's blinded by self-guilt and feelings for her. That's all. I actually liked the way how such passive person was changing into active one, despite hardship waiting ahead. He was never active in anything, he just passed through 30 years of his life being served with everything and by everyone.
Now, the table has turned.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 27th, '12, 07:35

I have had a little battle with my thoughts about this male lead character. His actions don't ring quite true to me somehow. I can't put my finger on it yet. I am distracted by it being played by Kim Rae Won. I like him very much. He is so pleasing in every way and I wonder why he chose such a dismal drama for his first out of the military. He does look older and bigger..almost larger than life in this role.
Why does he feel guilty now. It is not because he was deceiving everyone when the affair was hot and heavy. It certainly was well arranged and planned at his wants and needs. Now that his lover is in the throes of her life disappearing, that would not be a reason for his guilt, unless he is now totally unable to live a life with his young fiancee unless he can have the other woman as well. That is surely shaking his world. He is now acting with some degree of caring and thought for someone else, though not for his parents or his fiancee. There is such a heavy burden weighing on this drama. It's one to think about in many ways.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 10th, '12, 08:14

I am totally immersed in this drama. It is really very involved in many emotions between the three families. It is now settled that they are maried and they will be a family. Her brother is also living with them and he is just a sweet young man in this drama and I think probably in real life.
Her aunt was told of her condition, at Sayeong's request and she just fell apart with grief. However, she waited before visiting and now at least she can remain calmer and help more naturally.
The illness is progressing faster since she now has to stop taking her meds. Life is getting harder for them all but especially for her and she had to resign from her job. Big blow for her.

Despite this being such a serious story it is still very dramatic and there are very powerful scenes. I can't wait to see each episode come along.
Last edited by Peggy on Feb 15th, '12, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

Marcelina

Post by Marcelina » Feb 13th, '12, 16:14

I started watching this drama today.. Currently, just on 3rd episode. I don't predict a happy ending... (but I'm not sure, don't want spoilers).
So far I can say, this drama (compare to all of Koreans that I've seen so far) is brave of showing 'romantic scenes'. The plot is interesting, not simple, I'm really curious how it's gonna continue.. So I'm heading back for another episode^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 14th, '12, 10:11

The episode I saw tonight was simply wonderful. It was very simple really but it is as tho you are reading a wonderful book and the characters seem to rise up out of the pages and the dialogue and settings give all the background so smoothly. Not an episode that has a lot of noise but carries the story along just the same.
I hope you can keep watching Marcelina because this is a life story that can be placed anywhere and is being lived by people everywhere.
The cast continues to be great.

Marcelina

Post by Marcelina » Feb 14th, '12, 20:06

Peggy, I keep watching:) Now episode number 10!
This drama, shows so much about love, responsibilities, not giving up, about strenght, and what kind of difficulties appears during sickness, and how lonely a person can be. I just feel, that deep inside, although Seo Yeon is rejecting Ji Hyung (the proposal or meeting him), although she wants him to forget her and have a happy life with other woman, in fact, it would be better, when a loved one helps her taking part of the burden - the sickness.
I also saw, the director used in the drama new way of 'frame' from camera. I mean, like behind cabinet, between shelves, a different point of view, that makes the scene more far, like the viewers are looking at everything from hidden place. And I also like the way they show memories in each episodes.
There are those small things in 'Thousand Days' Promise' that make it different from other dramas. At least to me:)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 15th, '12, 23:45

Marcelina,
I know just what you mean. this drama has such a different aspect in every way. The writer has delivered exquisite dialogue. It is right to the point of what a person would say but it has the beauty of the mind of the writer. You don't expect Rae Won to be so steady and grown up and as the episodes follow you will love it more and more.

I am now ready to watch ep.. 19 and then only one more to go. I hate to leave those people but I can see that the story cannot go much more into the future.

Definitely on my top shelf of favourite dramas.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 27th, '12, 20:33

I restarted this and somehow I was carried away by the story and actors who embody those emotions and happenings. This is not an easy drama, that's for sure, but it's one close to masterpiece. There are no phony reasons to "family objection", plus Jihyun's mother is one of the classiest ladies in Kdramaland.
I know for sure it will be in my Top 10, maybe even up to now, I don't know, but I love actually everything about this drama.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 3rd, '12, 21:10

Well everyone must have watched all of this drama by now. There is nothing more to say is there. It was a drama that appeared from nowhere and it was a perfect story and beautifully acted and we are left with nothing more to say but Bravo to all involved.

deayang

Post by deayang » Nov 10th, '12, 04:18

It's the right forum to ask? I need seeds for some of the ep.. seems like no one share this anymore..