Try Lying to Me - SBS 2011

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 14:06

My guttering worked then. Damn.. Found some good pics too. *re-guttered*

Lludara

Post by Lludara » May 29th, '11, 15:00

Mannnnn that was hot. I have high hopes for this series..like everyone else is saying, seems YEH does more realistic dramas and i'm at least a huge fan of the fact that ...hey they WENT there. Seems like not enough dramas do. Doesn't have to be blatently obvious, but I appreciate the thought!

It's killing me waiting for only 2 episodes every week. So much so I've picked up Romance Town, and The Greatest Love, as well as City Hunter, lol.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 15:26

I'm preparing the first episode of City Hunter in HD as well. To watch on my TV. So, I am currently following 4 series. Not bad, not bad.
We have craziness and fluff from The Greatest Love, angst and cuteness from Baby-faced Beauty, hotness and mayhem in Lie to Me.

And now nekkid, fighting, muscly Min Ho... Can't really ask for much more from a summer.

Well, we CAN ask for more such kisses and more from Lie to Me. And more craziness, please. A lot more. You got Eun Hye and Ji Hwan. Use em both well.

Update: The Culprit...
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZglQ5mGB0XE" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Yep, that's gonna be a b*tch to clean... So will our sullied minds after this scene, probably... Image

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 29th, '11, 19:14

Hmm thanks for all the goodies ladies...gutteredly waiting for ep 7. Haha even picked up the greatest love again cause the wait is killing me^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 29th, '11, 19:37

Ara, Greatest Love ain't that bad. Just leave your logic outside and go with the flow^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » May 29th, '11, 20:00

Ecchan . . . throwing around kitties again??

Viande

Post by Viande » May 29th, '11, 20:06

Ok... so it will be one sticky kiss. I wonder where they end up cleaning it... :whistling:

and thanks to the gutter and vid I got distracted from reading! :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 29th, '11, 21:24

Well, unless she can detach him from her and escape, they'll probably mop it up with their clothes. :whistling:

Whatever happens after this, they've got some heavy cleaning to do after said happening is over.

Update: O EM GOD, we have pictures from THE scene. Pesky hand she has right there...
Image Image
Image The person you are calling cannot take your call right now. Please leave a message after the thud. *thud*

Ok. Morning. Time to faint again. Higher res pictures from episodes 7 and 8. Spoilers, of course.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Now if you will excuse me. I need to gather up the pieces of my fractured sanity from the floor.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 30th, '11, 15:32

I'm a lazy, lazy person who checks this place every single day but usually when I want to say something I end up being too lazy to actually log in ^^;

My golden rule of kdrama watching says "don't start until it has finished airing". I made that mistake once with coffee prince and swore never to repeat it. With all the excitement from orion and ethlenn here about this show...I just couldn't resist taking a sneak peak after ep 2 aired. Sneak peak yeah right :roll Bad, bad girls :lol But I seriously love you all here, it is always so refreshing, relaxing and funny to read your smart and insightful comments. Unlike some other places :roll

@ TEH kiss...SWEET.MERCY. the.hands. the.passion. the.everything. kjh you sexy, sexy beast. you would make a nun sin. kdramaland won't be the same after these two.

Some goodies:

Ep 6 BTS
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E8kWD8tl-44" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Also, I KNEW that his house seemed familiar. And then it hit me - prosecutor princess! Ma Hye Ri's parents house:
Last edited by Tyrea on Jun 1st, '11, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

Lludara

Post by Lludara » May 30th, '11, 15:53

OMG I was thinking the house looked familiar too - thanks for pointing that out!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 16:06

I (and I'm sure dear Ecchan too) am very glad to have guttered you beyond repair and made you break your golden rule. We live to sully the innocent with kyaaing, us crazy ladies. :roll
Although the kissing in this series probably took care of the "sullying" part a lot better. Ehehehe. I can't wait for episode 7. Stalking for it like a hawk... Or a fangirl. That's scarier.

Thank you very much for your kind words and do post more. It'll make you more active, even if it feels boring in the beginning. Tis addicting, it is. Hey. D-Addicts, this is called. :lol
And thanks for the goodies! You can embed by clicking on the embed button on youtube and copying a code that has two lines and starts with <i_frame>. Then paste here. ^^

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 30th, '11, 16:20

Orion1986 wrote:I (and I'm sure dear Ecchan too) am very glad to have guttered you beyond repair and made you break your golden rule. We live to sully the innocent with kyaaing, us crazy ladies. :roll
Although the kissing in this series probably took care of the "sullying" part a lot better. Ehehehe. I can't wait for episode 7. Stalking for it like a hawk... Or a fangirl. That's scarier.

Thank you very much for your kind words and do post more. It'll make you more active, even if it feels boring in the beginning. Tis addicting, it is. Hey. D-Addicts, this is called. :lol
And thanks for the goodies! You can embed by clicking on the embed button on youtube and copying a code that has two lines and starts with <i_frame>. Then paste here. ^^

hahaha I know I know! you evil girls! thanks.
well this series...errr...how to put it. i'm really not a perv. pinky swear! or at least not most of the time.but this show...omg. it's killing me.KILLING ME! my poor heart! my poor mind! they have some scenes and ep8 preview on yooneunhye.net but i'm trying to resist.

thanks for the tip! it's far from boring, it's the addiction part that scares me. been there done that ^^; and the time it takes me ^^; but yeah i will probably post more now :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 16:38

Hee hee. You just need to make sure you balance the time you spend here and offline. It's tricky, but it's not something to fear. :thumright: Unless you grow roots on your chair, you're good. Lol.

As for episode 8 and the thread, I also usually avoid spoilers, but I "run" the thread now so I decided to just look them up and transfer them here if they're h.. I mean interesting enough. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 30th, '11, 16:46

Evil?? Who? If any it would be Jihwan!! Tis bastard! He killed my sanity, my appetite, my oven!! I was so hungry just minutes ago, and now I feel like... (censored, unappropriate for minors and normal people).
Me lost werds....

Tyrea: welcome to the show, do post more often!! We are bunch of some (usually) sane girls... actually, we are just a bunch of girls.
Yes, I noticed the house, but forgot to mention this... :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 19:30

Oh dear God. My pills! I don't have any pills for epicness!

Ok, the series seems to be going in reverse compared to most dramas. Instead of starting strong and going down, it's going the other way.
In this episode, we have hotness, we got character developement, angst, sweaty Ji Hwan, swoony Ah Jung... Oh dear...
And did you see the preview? She wakes up naked and messed up on his friggin' bed! Ki Joon, my man... You really rock...

Brother is worrying me, but I can't understand exactly why he got mad. This may be misleading. It doesn't feel like jealousy. Didn't so far, at least.
And Ki Joon seems to be getting over Yoon Joo, as he finally let the anger and frustration out. Also, you have the hots for Ah Jung, man. Accept it.

Ah Jung's reaction is also perfectly normal. Most drama girls tend to resist the idea and just act bratty and pseudo-feminist. The "How dare he!" style.
Ah Jung is being a normal girl. Sir Kiss-a-lot comes along being all hot and rich and interested. OF COURSE any girl will swoon. It's just natural, you know.
And Mr. Naughty-lips himself is normal too. Most drama guys don't realize they're interested in the girl or are generally uptight and anal about everything.
You can tell Ki Joon knows she's interested, he's smart, he's aware and he just puts up a cool guy front, like with his job, to keep face. It's the "public" him.

Honestly, very refreshing characters. They stress about normal things and they have angst about things that any person would have angst over in life.
So far, there's hasn't been any of those silly-minor-problem-that-everyone-turns-into-a-huge-deal-and-emoes-over. And I for one am reaaally enjoying it.

Acting-wise, we finally get to see Ki Joon the person more, rather than Ki Joon the hotel owner and chaebol. And that gives Ji Hwan a lot more to work with.
And being Ji Hwan, he's doing a grand job so far. As for Eun Hye, well, she has enough charm and femininity to move planets. She manages to charm everyone!

And I always do love the way she cries. So natural. And she wipes her tears too. Most of the drama ladies just let them run and run, oh so beautifully for the shot.
Look, audience. Beautiful tears running down my beautiful face! I can act and leak well! Well, sorry, but when people cry, they are usually feeling ashamed of it.
And we wipe our tears cause we either feel ashamed of the crying or the reason behind it or simply cause it's damn itchy when they just drip down your face.
So, am loving how this is going, it feels realistic without being boring and it's also hot. Yes, for pseudo-puritanical KDramaland, this feels refreshing too.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » May 30th, '11, 20:49

I seriously need my computer back.....NOW!!!! :hissy: I've missed so much. I'm afraid that when I do catch up with episodes I'm going to go in a major kyaa/omg moment. I only saw the first two epis and was going to catch up on the day my comp went biserk! Imagine all the drool I'm going to produce when I see the kiss scenes, the brotherly love, n Ji Hwan himself :faint:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 30th, '11, 22:13

Oh dear. Get the mops, ladies. Esmer will need our help here. Mops, smelling salts, strepsils for the sore throat after the kyaaing. Get everything ready.

Viande

Post by Viande » May 30th, '11, 22:36

I think I can't wait the subs this time. :mrgreen: *keeps checking the download status*

Hugs for Esmer ^^

Edit: Seen the episode now and OH MY...
Ki Joon's intensive stare at the end (at the bed)... :faint: *nosebleed* Honestly, who can resist that??

Oh yes, I watched the review too... I wonder if they try to decieve us with naked Ah Jung in his bed or is it really happening in next episode?

What it comes to Sang Hee, he is obviously interested in Ah Jung. He just doesn't get it yet. I think he's getting same the feeling again, that his brother is going to steal his love again. So Sang Hee wants to keep Ah Jung away from Ki Joon.
Can I just kyaa? YEH & KJH together are just too hot to handle, they're melting my brains!

Also: MBLAQ releases “I Belong To You” for ‘Lie To Me’ OST

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '11, 12:06

Subs for Ep 07 are already out on DSC... damn... that was fast (to quote the unfamous movie line) :whistling:

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » May 31st, '11, 13:19

wow that was really fast

btw i forgot to mention, you can find viki softsubs here . they're not uploaded immediately (up to ep 6 atm, in spite of ep 7 being translated), but they do get uploaded. there's another link where they're uploaded too but i didn't save it. if i find it again i'll post it here.

oh and spoiler

*irrational fangirl mode* me no likes, hope it's a flashback, but he is wearing the clothes he wears now and has no glasses. well at least the kiss doesn't seem nearly as passionate :P

ok update, the pics above in a bigger size click
As she pointed out, they're wearing these clothes at the end of ep8 preview. Gah, I hate being irrational but I just lost my appetite :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '11, 14:15

Oh, I see the clouds of a fangirl fury forming out on the horizon.

I guess the season of tornadoes (of emotions) and downpours (of venom) may be pronounced as open.
May we curse her as Monty Python did: "Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of edelberries!"

janajee

Post by janajee » May 31st, '11, 15:21

I managed to download all of the episodes i've been lacking lately, I shall spend the rest of the night catching up :)

Ate Ethlenn, you are awesome. I miss you.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '11, 19:46

Oh, Jana, I miss you too, where is your connection, lady??

The last time I put my feelings into rhyming song was last year (do you remember the "potato contest", ladies?) while wailing in pain after certain god... I mean just a usual supernatural being went into the army...

This time... I really can't hide the inner Yeats in me (just with better hair):
The man spoke suddenly, like a summer gust
And the heart of a fangirl suddenly fluttered.
Sweeping gently and lightly winter-dramas' dust
this low voice instantly this fangirl guttered.

The end.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 31st, '11, 20:01

... I... I....
KILL HIM!!! Kill him NAO! Son of a b*tch! Oh wait, his mom isn't to blame. THAT A-HOLE!

I'm boiling with anger right now... He's... Damn, he makes ALL the rom-com jerks seem kind!
How the hell could that male hussy do such a thing? I swear, he better pay for it DEARLY.

Unfortunately, he'll probably have to pay for it by seeing his brother fall for the girl, which frankly sucks big time for me.
It sucks because poor Sang Hee will have to suffer all over again. So will Yoon Joon. And for another woman, this time.

I don't blame Ki Joon for still having feelings for Yoon Joo. I don't even blame him for being shaken by Ah Jung.
But since he DID still feel confused about the ex, he should not have acted upon that attraction to Ah Jung.

The fact that he kept pushing forward with an uncertain heart, ESPECIALLY when he saw how happy Ah Jung was about it, makes him the absolute lowest of the low.
Also, I want to emphasize how important good actors are. I didn't cry with 49 Days. Didn't cry with sadder moments in many series.
But this one did it for me. Why? Good actor at the helm of these emotions. Convincing acting that conveys the pain as it should.

Also, the kissing was OH SO HOT and lovely and I just LOVE these two actors for not giving a damn about the pseudo-puritanism thing.
Unfortunately, I can't enjoy the kiss much since... since... AAAAAAARGHGHGG *anger no longer contained - Warning, Warning, Warning*

Several minutes later...

Ok.. Anger contained for now. Enough to say, this series rocks. For once, it doesn't feel completely "Dramaland" save for the marriage fraud and early slapstick.
This is managing to be rom-com with more realism. And as "boring" as some may say it is (well, compared to Dokko Jin, anything is "boring"), it's veeery fresh.

Really loving this.. Even if I'm in kill-mode right now... I... Grrrrr!

Viande

Post by Viande » May 31st, '11, 23:05

Hmm
Did the kissing scene between Ki Joon and Yoon Joo really happen or was it Ah Jung's imagination? It looked like flashback so it made me confused if it really happened or was it Ah Jung's imagination. Also, do you think they really spent the night together? I only understood that Ki Joon told everything to Yoon Joo, but to me they didn't look that close after the night. If they did spent the night together... Yeah that would have been really low of him. He clearly knew he had feelings for Ah Jung and that Ah Jung liked him too. :cussing:

I have to say Ki Joon's mother was low too. It was really cheap trick. I guess she tried to kill two birds with one stone.

And as I thought of course they decieved us with half naked Ah Yung in Ki Joon's bed. I knew it... :|
But... the kissing scene was hot. :wub:
No peview for next episode. :blink

macross

Post by macross » Jun 1st, '11, 04:36

Dammit, yoon ju needs to gtfo.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 1st, '11, 14:28

uh oh guess I was "lucky" enough because due to a headache I couldn't watch it, so i saw only a part and could savor the kiss properly.

some random personal thoughts prior to watching ep8 properly, because I think I won't be able to think straight once I see it

while the writing could be better, I never felt bored or that i wasted my time. The filler stuff everyone's mentioning, I'm a patient person and I trust that by the end it will have served its purpose, wouldn't be the first nor the last show to do that. But I also have to admit that I like shows where there are more characters (my fav example as far as short shows go would be Dal Ja's Spring), and I am a sucker for slice-of-life elements. And Lie to me has such a vibe. Which is why I won't really be very disappointed even if it fails to account well for all the other characters. I never expect much from kdramas anyway (or any tv show for that matter, the blame is on the magnificent babylon 5), just some entertainment to rest my brain, and I think that too much analyzing just ruins the experience.
Btw I find that the older folks' love story reflects the youngsters' one to a certain extent - yun ju and ki jun had a tragic story, sang hi got in the way, they will probably remain friends. that other ajusshi is in love with the lady who notices that and smiles, but goes with ah jung's dad when he asks her to. well this is where the similarities end.
I wonder, when that fool was airing, did people find it boring? or some parts of it? because it had a slower pace and a slice of life feel. or, if it weren't for the absolutely fantastic hwang jung min would they have felt so?

I like the different, more realistic vibe too. With the exception of so ran, everyone behaves more or less like normal people would do. I think So ran is presented in a caricatured way (even though there are such women) so that she doesn't come off as purely evil and malicious, but rather as childish and immature, so that we can't truly hate her (at least for now) and see her grow up and get past these childish spites. In fact for quite a while I thought that the main theme of the show was actually this friendship/rivalry of so ran and ah jung, and that the title lie to me was about the two of them lying to each other.

I also like how the show is not *that* predictable. And in spite of how most people seem to have disliked or hated ah jung, I liked her all along. Since I had a friend who was a toned down version of so ran, I could actually understand her.

Oh and forgot to say before, I didn't watch take care of my lady, but after seeing your comments, it sounds like exactly the kind of show I would like, so I will watch it. Good thing you mentioned it.

edit: kyaa! ep8/cola kiss bts
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZ11g072QGo" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 1st, '11, 18:04

I agree with what you say. I can't see how this is boring. Ok, we had a big of a slow start and way too much filler scenes in the beginning, but after episode 4, I've haven't felt bored for a moment.

As for That Fool, we've watched it about 5 times already and we still don't get bored. I never did during the first time either.
I think what most people define as boring is "realistic and without crying or slapstick or angst or drama ever 2 minutes".

I can see how this might be boring for someone who is used to and only likes teen-level fast-paced and wacky dramas.
But I think this show has a very good script, which relies on consistency, not "what exciting thing should we do now?"

And do watch Take Care of the Young Lady, Tyrea. Bit cliche with the princess/poor guy" theme, but very refreshing.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 1st, '11, 18:34

I'm watching 1st episode of this right now. It seems that this will be a lot of fun :D Of course, Yoon Eun Hye is always marvelous. And the guy from Coffee House is quite good too. ^^ I am looking forward to this.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 1st, '11, 18:40

Subs for ep 8 are up btw. Translators must really love this series, the subs are up so fast!

I can't understand how someone can see this boring. I don't think Lie to Me is that much slice of life, because I don't usually like slice of life that much. (for example I hate it in anime series) And besides there have been story developement in each episode so far. Not to forget hot scenes either. :mrgreen: But I guess some people like more action kind of series. I like my dramas with less running, explosions and slapstick.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 2nd, '11, 12:21

I just saw the part where some friends greeted a girl in Paris. Damn in kdramas I really hate those parts where they show Koreans in with some foreign people... and if they are talking... seems somehow awkward for me. Excluding dramas with Daniel Henney, of course.

lotus flower76

Post by lotus flower76 » Jun 2nd, '11, 18:38

Firstly, I didn't want to watch this drama because I don't like too much Kang Ji Hwan, but I like Yoon Eun Hye (she's one of my favorite actress and with my friends we call her "Bunny" because she's so cute) and now I can't wait to come the next week to see another two ep. In the end they look nice together and I enjoy watching what crazy things are doing next.
Kyaaaaaa!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 2nd, '11, 19:35

LOVING IT, just LOVING IT. The chemistry between our leads is just overwhelming. The pace is nice but the story ain't out of the ordinary. For me I'm enjoying it, and every second of it, just for their awsome act. I hope they won't give us too much angst and confusion in the next eps but more of the sizzling cola-kiss atmosphere ;)
Keke humming the ice cream song all day long :D

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 2nd, '11, 21:01

I just watched the 6th episode. Those who have seen it knows what happened at the end. AND DAMN I CAN'T... CAN'T RESIST TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE.... even though clock says that it's 23:59 already. I'm up for the 7th!

I feel that this will be my first solo-subbing project(for Korean practice, I'll sub it for my sister and her Korean husband will check the quality :D ) I just have to catch it up. :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 2nd, '11, 23:12

Neliets wrote:I just watched the 6th episode. Those who have seen it knows what happened at the end. AND DAMN I CAN'T... CAN'T RESIST TO WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE.... even though clock says that it's 23:59 already. I'm up for the 7th!
Hehe, I know the feeling. I watched the episodes without subs at night as soon as Ethlenn had put them up. ^^

I was actually surprised how much you can understand just by watching acting and following the plot that you kinda already know. I only know k-drama/k-pop related words/phrases but was able to understand most of the situations. Good acting defiently helps.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 3rd, '11, 09:15

Good acting always helps. And we got a couple of good ones here, we do.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 3rd, '11, 10:13

I'm watching the rest of the episode with my brother, and so far, I really do think my brother has some sort of kdrama fangirl deep inside. He's enjoying it almost as much as I am.

When I'm caught up until episode 8, I shall make a boatload of comments about what I think so far. That is, you know, if anyone is interested.

Then I'll catch up on City Hunter, kekekekekeke.

Spoiler tags reveal random facts about my life. Read at your own risk of boredom. :)
LAW SCHOOL IS STARTING NEXT NEXT WEEK! We have like three books to read before the tenth of this month, and everyone is complaining at the reading that we have to do, but I'm more than excited to read them, because I feel like I'm actually a law student now. Waahahaha

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 3rd, '11, 13:30

a spoiler
So apparently Ah Jung is going on a blind date! OH HELLS YES. In your face, Hyun Ki Joon .. The date will be played by Baek Seung Hyun
from Koalasplayground

if it's true muarghah! yay for not becoming a typical doormat. i want to see him cringe in pain, crying on his knees, begging for mercy and forgiveness and her giving him the cold shoulder and playing reaaally hard to get :P i am giving him just a small benefit of the doubt because this

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9504/yunju1.jpg
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2679/yunju.jpg

(having trouble with 'spoiler within spoiler' and since i don't have much time i put the links)

ain't the face of a happy woman (and to answer viande's question, it ain't the face of a satisfied one either). but as it is he played with her emotions and gave her more than just hope one moment, and then stepped all over that the next one. not to mention what a pathetic, spineless excuse for a man he was when he came back with yj. suffer, suffer kj and atone for your sin!

yeh was really, really fantastic with her portrayal of pain, and what made the ending so much worse was the fact that her character was sooo incredibly sweet and honest with the emotions in the last two episodes.

i've read somewhere that they changed the director in the last 2 eps and made some changes to the script, dropping some of the side stories and focusing more on the romance. is it true? regardless, i love the show. there aren't many rom-coms that have a heroine you can really like/love, more than the male character (since usually the focus is somehow much more on them)

forgot, new haircut for sh, looks really cute on him
Last edited by Tyrea on Jun 3rd, '11, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 3rd, '11, 13:33

I just finished up to episode 6
OMO! That kiss was just awesome. I love the build on how they made it unexpected and stuff.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm completely enjoying this drama so very muchos. It's just unlike a lot of the other dramas that I've watched, not that I've watched a lot. I just think that this is how normal people react. This is how normal people placed in this situation react.

Also that scene, at the park with the bench thing, that was just epic. I'm so glad they didn't do the whole guy pretending to kiss a girl, and girl expecting it, and then guy shutting her down and humiliating her. That's been done so many times, it's actually kind of ridiculous. I don't know if Lie to Me is the first drama that has ever done that, but this is my first time coming across it, so it's totally fresh to me.

Plus, Ji Hwan is awesome. He is shmexy, like seriously. If he ever came at me like that, and kissed me, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'd die. DIE, I TELL YOU! I'm really liking his character here. Personally, it's very well done.

Same with the brother, I really adore the younger brother. But I don't know if it's just me or anything, but I don't really feel the whole I'm in love with you vibe. Maybe because I haven't watched the other episodes, but all I can see with the both of them is just this whole beautiful friendship deal. Maybe it's just me, but I kinda wished it was just like that... even though I have a feeling it's not the intention of the writers of the show.

As for the other characters and they're side stories, it's not taking up too much of my time, so it doesn't really bother me. However a comment must be made. The aunt seems like a cool aunt, and I really hope they don't make use of the whole older-authoritative figure of disapproving the relationship deal between our two leads, because I kinda really like the aunt.

As for the Yoon Ju girl, meh. I don't know, she hasn't really made any move to make me hate her, or being pitiful enough for me to feel sorry that she's not getting the guy. I don't know. It's like she's a mere annoyance at the moment, I guess.

What I am interested in is the Ms. Park lady, you know the girl who's like also the secretary of Ji Hwan. Are they family? Are they cousins? Really good friends? Cause she has that whole mystery deal going on. Now she gives me the second lead vibe. She's like this cool awesome lady. I want to know more about her. Hehehehe

THE KISS! THAT KISS! THAT WAS SO AWESOME! MOAAAAR! Heheheheh

That is all.
Will watch the last two episodes now. :)

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jun 3rd, '11, 16:58

Ahhh... It's a torture to wait for next week to get to watch episodes 9 and 10. I'm loving the chemistry between Yoon Eun Hye and Kang Ji Hwan. And I didn't find any part of it boring at all.

Got to watch the BTS. :))

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Jun 3rd, '11, 18:13

I really think the acting is carrying this show.

Thus far the overall plot is moving really slowly and hasn't developed much.

Jana - I agree with you on how refreshing it is for the characters to behave like normal people and react to certain circumstances realistically. It does character interaction really well, sort of like "Soulmates" does it. I mentioned this earlier on as well (when the two brothers meet again, their behavior is realistic)

I'm starting to see a trend in Kdramas where the characters act in a believable manner under unbelievable circumstances.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 3rd, '11, 19:04

Tyrea wrote:a spoiler
So apparently Ah Jung is going on a blind date! OH HELLS YES. In your face, Hyun Ki Joon .. The date will be played by Baek Seung Hyun
. . .

forgot, new haircut for sh, looks really cute on him
Thanks for the info.
Yeah I do hope she'll show him good. It would be great to see a kdrama heroine that doesn't break down over her heartbreak and goes to get a hawt guy for comfort instead. Keke it'd be a pleasure to see KJ dieing from jealousy :mrgreen:

Oh and about the new hairstyles, I hope they won't use a large time gap. I hate it when they just leave out a long period of time cause it's kinda like resetting all the relationships. I wanna see the immediate developments of their feelings etc . . .
Ahh can't wait for the net eps, even went to read the written previews. And honestly I really don't wanna see all the angst and awkwardness, just wanna spy on their happiness :wub:

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 4th, '11, 10:13

@Jive, I KNOW RIGHT.

Now personally, I don't really have a thing against wacked up reactions or unbelievable situations, it's fiction and I'm pretty much easy to please. I just think it's fresh, and something new. Like even though it's wacky and funny, and most likely once in a million rare kind of event, it's believable. It could happen to a friend of yours, you know?

It's just nice.

Just finished up to episode 8
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ki Joon, you big jerk! Not only did you lead Ah Jung on, you led me on to believe you were an stand-up albeit confused guy. Well maybe you're still all of that, but NOOOOOOOOOO. First you did the cola thing, which was the cutest thing ever, and then you were attempting to kiss her, and then admitting it was real and then actually kissing her, AND NOW YOU DO THIS?! Noooooo, you big jerk, biggest of jerks!

Ah Jung must stay strong, do not let him walk all over you! Go on a date! Leave him hanging! LET HIM SUFFER! Don't you become a doormat, please :'(

Ah, the emotions I'm going through because of this drama! It must be stopped!
In other news, I'm free to watch City Hunter now, finally. Lee Min Ho, cheer me up please! :|

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 5th, '11, 12:57

ep9 short preview
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kVoVRrjjL3M" frameborder="0"></iframe>
the same with larger screenies on the korean site

some other spoiler pics

@arakira
it seems there is no time jump since you can see her cutting her hair :) and i suppose sh will do the same thing as a fresh start. i hope. don't wanna see a lot of angst either, just enough for him to suffer a bit. well a lot but not for too long.

oh edit - i really can't tell that kj's hair is different. it has had a reddish color all this time, and he changes his haircut. but my eyesight is really bad so maybe i'm missing something on those pics...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 14:57

Longer preview for Episode 9
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QtgSETOHRRg" frameborder="0"></iframe>
That's it. Bring my machete. I'm-a-castratin' him!

Lludara

Post by Lludara » Jun 5th, '11, 14:58

Tyrea, thanks for the preview!

I can't wait to see how this all pans out, haven't really been in love with a drama since secret garden really.... I hope she makes him beg!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 15:05

Beg? No, make him suffer!! Make him realize that even begging won't change anything. Make him cringe with pain... :whistling:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 5th, '11, 15:14

Thanks for the previews, I was already wondering why there wasn't any at the end of ep 8. Seems that the usual self-denial plot is again on the menu. Meh.

I just hate it when in k-dramas women always cut their hair after the guy have dumped them. It's so pointless cliche. :glare:

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 5th, '11, 15:17

It's not really pointless cliche me thinks.

It's asian culture I believe. It's like a declaration of new-ness. I do it too, whenever I get extremely sad, and want to get over it, I cut my hair. It's what asian people do I believe. Anyway, that's what I grew up seeing over here, and I've read it somewhere that that's what the Japanese do as well? So maybe they're just sticking true to the culture?

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 5th, '11, 15:38

Orion1986 wrote: That's it. Bring my machete. I'm-a-castratin' him!
slowly, slowly...VERY VERY slowly. omg what a bastard *twitch*

oh I shall SO enjoy seeing him hurt

as for the haircut
Yoon Eun Hye had personally recommended to the production by stating, "I think Ah Jung should cut her hair to relay the sense of her emotions in trying to end her feelings towards Ki Joon to the viewers", and the production crew gladly accepted her recommendation to add the scenes which weren't on the script initially.
don't western women do it too sometimes? go shopping, new clothes, new shoes, new haircut, whatever makes them feel better?

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 5th, '11, 15:39

I know what it means, but it still feels cliche when it's recycled in every other drama. But good point about culture, it didn't even coss my mind. I've only noticed that it's very common in Korean dramas. In Western hair is just hair I think.

and no, I don't think women in Western countries cut their hair when they've been dumped. At least not by themselves.
Last edited by Viande on Jun 5th, '11, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 5th, '11, 15:44

Hahaha, people in the Philippines think that when you cut your hair, you're ready for new life. Like it's the start of something new, or the end of some sort of era in your life. Anyway that's what I know. Cause here, when we're going into highschool or graduating from college, or getting a new job, or getting over an exboyfriend, it's not always negative, just the start of something different.

As for other Asian cultures, I don't know if it's the same, but it kinda makes sense to me, that she cuts her hair, signifying that her time as Ki Joon's fake wife is now over, and something new is going to start.

Though we don't usually do the cutting ourselves anymore either, but the reason behind stays the same really... Hahahaha

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 5th, '11, 15:47

Well at least I know where it comes now. :P Thanks janajee for explaining!

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 5th, '11, 16:13

@Viande, no problem. Just not sure if it's applicable to Koreans as well.

I just watched the previews, and I don't understand a single word of what happened.
But I am a little glad that even though she cut her hair, she didn't appear to be this brand new girl filled with confidence or like she's become cool and proud and stuff. I mean, I want Ki Joon to suffer and think that Ah Jung doesn't like him anymore.

But it isn't what the real girl in that situation would do. She seems to still be so hooked up on him, that even though she's pretending, it's still obvious that she's hurt about everything that has happened. It would be nice to torture him and show complete confidence but honestly, most girls can't pretend to be cold and mean to the person they love in reality.

Of course, I am still unsure of what's going on as I really have no clue what they're saying. This is all just head-canon, you know?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 16:32

My unni after a bad break-up got herself a perm. She looked lovely and loved herself more than the bastard. I guess it applies to every woman - when you're down - get a new hairdo. Preferably from the hands of young guy... works like a charm. :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 5th, '11, 16:45

Yep, it's common here, too. But I wasn't aware that it could have a deeper meaning of being ready for a new part in life. Thanks to the explanation, jana!

Oh, and Ori . . . don't use the machete . . . let's just give him some good ol' spanking till he comes to his senses :P

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 17:32

The spanking would go to Ji Hwan. Or rather, come from him. Ki Joon deserves castration. Forget the machete! Too quick and painless!.... Someone get me a dull knife... very dull....

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 5th, '11, 18:21

Orion1986 wrote:The spanking would go to Ji Hwan. Or rather, come from him. Ki Joon deserves castration. Forget the machete! Too quick and painless!.... Someone get me a dull knife... very dull....
Try a spoon, its the best^^.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 18:39

With a spooooon... again... and again, and agaiiiin.

A spoon will take a bit too long though. I don't want to get tired.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 5th, '11, 18:42

How about a fork? You can sting him with that, yet cutting will take a long time. Shorter than a spoon though.
Although with a spoon you can gouge his... ehm... liver or heart or whatever.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 5th, '11, 18:48

We should really try and control ourselves. Ahaha. Poor Ji Hwan will get a headache with so much talk about his work. :rofl:

Lailasilla

Post by Lailasilla » Jun 6th, '11, 07:35

Ah jung, make him pay, pay pay payyyyyyyyy, but i hate to see ha hurting too, ah can't wait. Have classes when it's airing so will have to wait for the raw....double D...lol..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 6th, '11, 17:17

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '11, 09:39

Episode 09 subs are ready on DSC website.
I think it's a new record in translating...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 7th, '11, 11:11

They're pretty fast when they get excited. :lol

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 7th, '11, 11:30

I promised my brother that I wouldn't watch the new episodes until the end of this week, but I don't know if I can wait for it :'(

I WANNA SEEEEE JI HWAN!!!! :(

Lailasilla

Post by Lailasilla » Jun 7th, '11, 15:12

Ethlenn wrote:Episode 09 subs are ready on DSC website.
I think it's a new record in translating...
since last week the subs for it has been pretty fast, was wondering whether its the time difference, cause when i watch it at night, on sbs, by mid day the following day, the subs are up.....

whoever is subbing, thumbs up... :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 7th, '11, 16:16

Ep 9:
I just loved the turning in So Ran's and Ah Jung's relationship. I think So Ran felt a little bad for taking Jae Bum from Ah Jung after seeing Ah Jung getting hurt for second time by Ki Joon. Seems that after all, there is a real friendship between them.

I have to take my words back about the story developing into the usual self-denial. I was actually surprised that Ki Joon was already trying to get rid of Yoon Joo. But.. he still has to convince Ah Jung that he's not lying. On this matter ep 10 preview didn't look too good. :roll Seems that Yoon Joo and his aunt won't give up. And it seems that Sang Hee, Ki Joon and Ah Jung lovetriangle will start soon too.

I got major deja vu when Ah Jung got lost in the mountains... But it wasn't even close as romantic as in The Vineyard Man. Damn I need time for rewatch.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 7th, '11, 16:33

I haven't watched ep9 with subs yet, but having just read some of the people's comments on dramabeans, I have the need to say something. People keep bashing it, saying how it's so incredibly cliche, yet, the way I see it, it uses all sorts of cliches, and just when we start thinking that it's going to be the same kdramaland stuff, it turns the cliche (major ones) upside down and transforms it into something fresh, down to earth and something most people can understand or relate to. Which is why I have faith that the sh situation won't be handled in the typical way either.

Also, it's amazing how many people who aren't watching it at all (goes for many other things as well, other shows, books, movies, games etc) seem so eager to bash it. I mean are they really THAT bored, and have no other more interesting things to do in their lives? It's not that I'm against expressing one's opinion, but gee...move on.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 7th, '11, 16:57

Well, people tend to repeat other people's words and opinion, believing it's their own. It's easier to agree than to stand against and say one's own words.
As for me, I couldn't care less what dramabeans, Dalailama or King Julian would say about anything, this is why I don't go there.
Cliche or not, life is also full of cliches, so what?
So I agrea with Tyrea's last sentences.

As for ep 09:
girls like Yunju exist. They are all clingy, blind, stupid, vicious and possessive. She's doing everything to possess Gijun. He tried to get rid of her, and good for him for making the effort. Although it's a tad too late.
And now we have Sanghi also for Ajeong.
Drama extended for 2 more eps, so I read somewhere, but need to confirm.
And yes, I enjoy it no matter what others say!

Plus, I have to add - I really like Manager Park. Strong-willed, beautiful lady.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 7th, '11, 17:22

Manager Park has been the topic of discussion here as well. What a woman! Beautiful and graceful, logical, but still caring, a real lady.

As for the series getting extended, that's nice, as long as they will do something useful with the time and not just drag things too long.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 7th, '11, 17:42

I'll say it before and I'll say it again.
Critics these days aren't something to be taken seriously. Why? Because it's an opinion of others. How would they know what you would feel when you watch it? They're not you. So if you like the story and the plot, watch it and to hell with what anyone says about it.
I have gone ahead and watched a lot of things that critics keep telling me were the worst thing to ever come out of television/cinema/Hollywood/Dramaland, and I still watched it and I came out pretty happy that I didn't listen to them.
Marry Me, Mary, to the chagrin of my ates here, is one of them and I enjoyed it. And I will enjoy Lie to Me, no matter what some high-profile think of those who enjoy it. She is not me and therefore she cannot dictate what I will enjoy or not.

ANYWAY, EPISODE 9!!!!
OHMANOHMANOHMANOHMAN!

Should I wait? Should I not wait? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
I cannot wait. I shall watch it the moment my download is done.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 7th, '11, 17:52

I stopped reading Dramabeans' reviews after Secret Garden. I don't enjoy reading people nitpicking about everything and watching series just to point out their prejustices. Especially when their idea was that hyped drama must be bad.

Oh the series is getting extended? Nice to hear, hope we get some nice extra episodes then. More hot kisses. :mrgreen:

Lie to Me actually has several nice side characters. I really like the assistant (Park Hoon), he's so cute.

janajee

Post by janajee » Jun 7th, '11, 18:01

And now there's episode 10 on download.

Hello Ji Hwan, I have missed you so so so so much.

Speaking of side characters, I wanna know more about Manager Park! She's a web of mystery and I seriously need to know more about her. It's like she knows everything there is to know about Ki Joon. Not in a manager way either. I want to knoooooow.

And the assistant Park Hoon to is the sweetest cutest assistant as well.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 7th, '11, 18:15

Her character chart says that she is Ki Joon's highschool classmate. So, she's known him for a looong time. She's also perceptive and smart. Of course she'd call him on his crap.