8%
Only if you have time
5%
STAY AWAY
2%

Total votes: 858

tina

Post by tina » Mar 10th, '05, 04:43

Just finished Full House last week and am so in love with the drama! I find it "refreshing" unlike many of the very dramatic Korean dramas I have watched...I fell in love with Bi's baby face and smile...and SHK :thumright: so happy to see her in a role like this. :wub:

leigh_charmed18

Post by leigh_charmed18 » Mar 10th, '05, 05:31

This series is currently aired in our local tv station here in the Philippines. It is shown every weeknights ofor 30 mins. I just have one question how many episode does this drama have? last night the scene was KSS call SHG and informed her that her manuscript is good and he asked her to sign contract with his company. RAIN went to Global Land to see SHG 8) . He disguised by wearing a mask but unfortunately because he was a superstar the fans was able to recognize him. The fans was very excited to take pictures and get autograph from him so he runs away to hide them. Fans were going crazy about him and they followed him everywhere and Rain ends up hiding in the comfort room :w00t: . He called his agency to help him out of the amusement land :roll. The scenes was very funny.

knickstorm

got a question about end of ep11 - ep12

Post by knickstorm » Mar 16th, '05, 06:15

i'll put it in spoilers just in case,
Spoiler wrote:At the end of ep11, when she said let's divorce, i thought at first he disagreed and then he agreed and said he couldn't see her anymore after she told him she loved him. THen beginning of ep12 she tells him she didnt want the divorce and he says he was really worried they broke up. My question is, maybe it's because i'm going by subs since I"m not korean, the only reason they were going to get a divorce was cause he agreed so it was mutual. Now that she doesn't want a divorce, isn't he still supposed to want it because he said he cant ever see her anymore?? Or was she saying she loves him supposed to be the part she's kidding about? Thanks for any clarification.

glen

Post by glen » Mar 18th, '05, 14:56

My friend recommend this series and she promise that I will fall in love with the characters especially BI. And she even send a picture of BI for me. At first I really don't like him because he is not that cute or handsome in the picture sent to me. But when I finally starting watching FULL HOUSE, I suddenly realize that YES!, he got charms and he able to catch my attention. That started it all!! Right now, I watched full house five times. And still like it more. It really a must see series!!!

PassionfruiT81

Post by PassionfruiT81 » Mar 19th, '05, 07:20

Yes to me full house is a must see. So far it's the best drama i've seen. Havn't been hooked on a drama for the longest time, but this one got me really good. Very entertaining - not just made me cry all the way like how some drama did. This one made me laugh, angry,,sad, happy, everything. Just has everything. Also good looking actors :wub: So that is a bonus!
Actresses were pretty too.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 19th, '05, 07:25

glen wrote:My friend recommend this series and she promise that I will fall in love with the characters especially BI. And she even send a picture of BI for me. At first I really don't like him because he is not that cute or handsome in the picture sent to me. But when I finally starting watching FULL HOUSE, I suddenly realize that YES!, he got charms and he able to catch my attention. That started it all!! Right now, I watched full house five times. And still like it more. It really a must see series!!!
wow five times, already?

but i can understand why...........i totally fell in love with this drama....the hilarity of it...and very sweet...w/o being too cutesy~ my all time-fav k-comedy~ :-)

-zdoon had me dying in anticipation while waiting for him to upload each episode....which made me love him even more...........i'm supposed to have his kids :mrgreen:

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Mar 19th, '05, 17:58

what other dramas is the girl who play han ji eun in?

l0st-innocence

Post by l0st-innocence » Mar 19th, '05, 18:04

this is the first k-drama i've watched in full after Autumn in my Heart and i must say i'm so so so so in love with it!

i actually began watching it by total chance, and thought it might be interesting cos Song Hye Gyo was in Autumn in my Heart and she was pretty good in it (although that drama got so darn draggy and weepy in the end). and Bi kinda grew on me too. i didn't think he was that great at first, but after 3 episodes, i fell in love with that grin of his. oh gosh. :wub: :wub: :wub: i actually had only 3 hours of sleep per night for a week just cos i couldn't stop watching this drama!!! kept wanting to know how Young Jae and Ji-eun would end up, and i almost hated Hye-won..

i gotta say though, their dressing in the show was pretty scary. Ji-eun's clothes were pretty nice.. but Young Jae looks totally terrible. some of them were painful to watch. and that picture of himself in his room? how narcissistic can someone get. :|

i love that drama so much.. and i'm so gaga over Young Jae's shy shy grin in the last episode.. and that scene where they kept making faces at each other while feeding each other.. :lol :lol :lol

apples

Post by apples » Mar 20th, '05, 04:22

l0st-innocence wrote:and that picture of himself in his room? how narcissistic can someone get. :|
wait until you watch MISA... it's even worse

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 20th, '05, 07:09

apples wrote:
l0st-innocence wrote:and that picture of himself in his room? how narcissistic can someone get. :|
wait until you watch MISA... it's even worse
:lol My thoughts exactly.

BabieBoO

=D

Post by BabieBoO » Mar 23rd, '05, 03:50

i thought this drama was a 'have to watch' drama.. i even got my sister addicted to it hehe... too bad only 16 episode.. this was my second korean drama that i was addcited to since 'It's all about eve'... you just gottta watch it!

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Mar 25th, '05, 06:52

question about the Aja Aja Fighting.

HOw are they able to say that to each other? I thought it was more of a competetive thing a person on a team says to raise morale or spirit.

Or are there other situations that you can use it?

tata

Post by tata » Mar 25th, '05, 10:17

this drama is so great , bi and song are so cute :wub:
love ittttttttt

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Mar 25th, '05, 10:18

hmm i wonder what's the next drama that both of them are starring in ??

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Mar 26th, '05, 18:59

First korean drama i've seen and loved it.

chant71

Post by chant71 » Mar 29th, '05, 19:18

i really love this drama and already watch it 3 times :wub:
when you see song hye kyo in "autumn in my heart" and "full house" her role is so different, very great actress
love bi and song forever :D

FuLLmOOn

Post by FuLLmOOn » Mar 30th, '05, 08:09

luv dis drama..bi n hye kyo is reallie a kute couple!!

jumpot89

Post by jumpot89 » Apr 1st, '05, 03:24

I lije this story very much and I want to have family like this ^_^

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 2nd, '05, 05:12

Kayote wrote: I would sum it up as very similar to ATTIC CAT but not in its class. To me, ATTIC CAT is the pinacle of asian dramas and while FULL HOUSE was good drama in the similar vein but it just felt 2-3 episodes too long. And definitely the characters were not as memorable (or realistic?!) as ATTIC CAT.

Kay
I didn't think attic cat was all that..I couldn't get past episode 2...it dragged so much and I don't really like Jung Da Bin. She's always acting so stupid. At least Han Ji Eun had some spunk to her.

kelly...BiG

Post by kelly...BiG » Apr 4th, '05, 23:11

:wub: I CAN JUS SAY...I LOVE IT...BI AND SHK DID GREAT EHHE....I WAS DEAD HOOK UNITL I FINISHED THE SERIES EHE...BUT STILL EVA NOW AND THEN I WATCH IT AGAIN EHHE.... :wub:

kelly...BiG

Post by kelly...BiG » Apr 4th, '05, 23:14

seirin wrote:
Kayote wrote: I would sum it up as very similar to ATTIC CAT but not in its class. To me, ATTIC CAT is the pinacle of asian dramas and while FULL HOUSE was good drama in the similar vein but it just felt 2-3 episodes too long. And definitely the characters were not as memorable (or realistic?!) as ATTIC CAT.

Kay
I didn't think attic cat was all that..I couldn't get past episode 2...it dragged so much and I don't really like Jung Da Bin. She's always acting so stupid. At least Han Ji Eun had some spunk to her.

HEHE I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE.....ATTIC CAT IS KINDA DRAGGY IN THE BEGINING...AND I DUNO BUT YEA...I'M NOT SUAH A FAN OF JUNG DA BIN TOO EHHE I WATCH IT MAINLY FOR...KIM RAE WON....

dreamlover

Post by dreamlover » Apr 9th, '05, 00:50

can i please ask something??
why did young jae wanted to go back to hye won, when he knows he likes ji eun?
this is at the end of epi 12..

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by DarReNz » Apr 9th, '05, 01:09

if i remember .... young jae likes hye won since young .... and that time he was with ji eun he wasn't sure if he really likes her ....

camae_aja

Post by camae_aja » Apr 10th, '05, 03:52

o..its great! 8)

sosushi2

Post by sosushi2 » Apr 11th, '05, 03:24

I enjoyed this drama very much. A nice change from the death and dying endings, but I have two question or maybe three. What does it say in Ji Eun's book that Young Jae looks at in the second episode to try and find someone to call to come get her? It's in Korean and he kind of smiles at it (not the time when he finds her birthday in it). Did she write that she met him that day? Second question is why does he act so shy after the night in the tent? What does that mean? Third what is MISA that a few of you had mentioned? Is it a new drama?

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Apr 12th, '05, 06:02

i love full house. i just couldn't stop watching it so i watched all 16 episodes at one go. there were lots of repitition, it was a bit draggy at times but i love it. bi was not really convincing but what a cute smile he has. i really love watching SHG. she's really good in all her scenes. love the bear song and missing finger scene. they look so good together. A must see drama!!

p/s : i realy, really love the soundtrck esp 'why'

Penoy

Post by Penoy » Apr 14th, '05, 08:45

I really love this series. Their tandem is really a hit, they have this chemistry...
Do you know any movie or series which cast them both?

layzee

Post by layzee » Apr 18th, '05, 14:48

does anyone know the viet title to this movie ?

applevspeach

hhihihihihi!!

Post by applevspeach » Apr 18th, '05, 21:30

hi! umm..i don't know if this is the place where i'm suppose to post this.. :unsure: OMG!!! talking about full house..i really really really really luveeeeed it!!! i just finished it last week n i think i'm goign to watch it again :D do you guys have other series to recommend to me?!?!?! :cry: something like full house :wub: romantic, sweet, funny with little dramas and cute guys!!! :P

Penoy

Re: hhihihihihi!!

Post by Penoy » Apr 19th, '05, 02:12

applevspeach wrote:hi! umm..i don't know if this is the place where i'm suppose to post this.. :unsure: OMG!!! talking about full house..i really really really really luveeeeed it!!! i just finished it last week n i think i'm goign to watch it again :D do you guys have other series to recommend to me?!?!?! :cry: something like full house :wub: romantic, sweet, funny with little dramas and cute guys!!! :P
See also "Sweet 18" starring Lee don gun...it's also cute and romantic. My Love Patzzi is also worth watching ^^ . Check the "recommended korean drama" thread, it will be helpful for you.

vtt

Post by vtt » Apr 19th, '05, 02:16

layzee wrote:does anyone know the viet title to this movie ?
The viet title for this series is called "Căn Nhà Hoàng Hảo".

WhiteboyLoveAsian

Post by WhiteboyLoveAsian » Apr 19th, '05, 03:21

I love this serie. It's not as much as an insult to men as "Attic Cat" (writer expresses the idiotic mind of the men that we are ignorants when it comes to love)

The combination of best young actor and a blazing hot young actress made this drama a must see.

Song Hye Gyo is an extremely HOT woman and boy can she act. I love her performance in this serie. I would love to know how she really is in real life. I'm just wondering is Song Hye Gyo's breasts really that big? I couldn't stop staring at her breasts but keep wondering if she wore pads or big bra.

Actor Rain gave a good performance but not as good as his performnace in "Let's go to school, Sang-Doo". He can act but his role is this serie did not allow him to fully express his acting ablity.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jun 7th, '05, 12:30

Full House is one great drama! Imagine, my husband watched it with me until the last episode! He usually hates it when I stay up late just to watch dramas ( i think i stay up until 3 am for a telemarathon). But for full house, he stayed up with me to finish 8 episodes in one sitting.. need i say more?

It's really one great drama.. watch it. I will... for the nth time!

JadedAngel

Post by JadedAngel » Jun 7th, '05, 13:03

WhiteboyLoveAsian wrote:Actor Rain gave a good performance but not as good as his performnace in "Let's go to school, Sang-Doo". He can act but his role is this serie did not allow him to fully express his acting ablity.
Yeah, that is true, Full House only really required him to act arrogant most of the time, while in Sang-doo there was so much more to his character. Still, I loved this one much better than Sang-doo even though I liked that one too. :D

rae_an

Post by rae_an » Jun 7th, '05, 18:58

i voted for SEE IT because you really gotta go and SEE IT. i kinda saw some similarities with attic cat but all the while i enjoyed watching full house. i thought rain and Hye Gyo even makes a cute couple. :wub: i thought i was kinda watching rae-won in the beginning instead of rain. ahahhaha. forgive me im a new kdrama addict. :D

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 7th, '05, 21:01

FULL HOUSE ..... i voted life altering....... cuz its mah fave...... da best dramas ive seen.... bi and shk made me laugh but dey also made me cry a few times...... da best its a must see and life altering....... i nver got tired of watching it over and over...... :D :D :D :D :D oh and bcuz BI is one of mah fave singers....... :w00t: :wub:

summer_paris

Post by summer_paris » Jun 8th, '05, 13:44

by far one of the best korean dramas i've seen.. i give it two thumbs up...<3333

aoi_hana

Post by aoi_hana » Jun 8th, '05, 17:42

I havent finished the series yet, but I already voted for 'see it' I cant wait to keep watching it.

BUT..

Theres one song that drives me completely insane. And it's played every episode. That is the only flaw for me so far. Great drama indeed.

nikeg

Post by nikeg » Jun 8th, '05, 22:31

i really like this drama and its prob the best on ive seen with SHK in it... I like lets go in sang doo a lot better though... this is still a see it... i had one funny moment while watching this. i was watching the final episode and my frends saw me and it was right at the time bi proposed to SHK and they "kissed"... omg my frends were laughing soo damn hard... and they acted out the seen dramatically... sigh.... nething with SHK has not good acting b/c no one can kiss her really... its never convincing stuff

kimmie_ai_ni4

question about full house

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 10th, '05, 21:27

okies remember wen SHK's frends sent her off to china bcuz dey wer gonna take all her money and sell her house bcuz da SHK's frnd is pregnant...... is she really pregnant bcuz through da mvie her tummy didnt even get big..... so im just curious.... lol.....
cuz dey went to see a doctor 1st and wen she came out she sed she was pregnant to da husband. but her tummy didnt even get big through da drama...... was she really preg nant or wat?..... :unsure:
did u guys get it?......... im not shoore if i xplained it well..... :blink :unsure:

leeunit

Post by leeunit » Jun 10th, '05, 21:34

I hope you know this IS a tv show after all.

Tekuza

Post by Tekuza » Jun 10th, '05, 21:38

leeunit wrote:I hope you know this IS a tv show after all.
lol very true :lol :lol

btw i think it aint important coz she's not the main character of the series :P

Ai_Zai_Zai

Post by Ai_Zai_Zai » Jun 10th, '05, 22:15

oOo .. i know wat u mean .. LoL well, storywise then she is pregnant .. but i still think they shoulda made it more believable n make her tummy gradually get bigger
well .. but then again .. its true she's not a main character, n we don't need her stealing SHK's thunder anyway. :lol

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Jun 11th, '05, 00:36

true dat shes not da main character but even though shes not da main character dey should at least make it seem lyk she is pregnant..... i mean she didnt come on alot but still u know..... but o wells .oh i do know dat FH is a show :D .. i lab dat show anyways, had to see SHK and BI :wub: ,,,,,,

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 19th, '05, 08:52

How do we get this series for nomination for Series of the Month?

tronvo

Post by tronvo » Jun 19th, '05, 17:21

sosushi2 wrote:I enjoyed this drama very much. A nice change from the death and dying endings, but I have two question or maybe three. What does it say in Ji Eun's book that Young Jae looks at in the second episode to try and find someone to call to come get her? It's in Korean and he kind of smiles at it (not the time when he finds her birthday in it). Did she write that she met him that day? Second question is why does he act so shy after the night in the tent? What does that mean? Third what is MISA that a few of you had mentioned? Is it a new drama?
hi everyone, i'm newbie here and this is my first post... i enjoyed this series very much and i'm watching it again and again :D and i think i'm falling in love with Bi :wub: he's so cute when he sings the 3bear song :wub: SHK is also great in this drama :wub:

i think i can answer your first question, the word in Korean means "Parents' memorial day" ( btw thanks to the person who subbed this drama :wub: :wub: :wub:)

Gny

Post by Gny » Jun 19th, '05, 21:36

I loved Full House. the bear song was cute. it was a really romantic drama. watch it!

MOrgil

Post by MOrgil » Jun 19th, '05, 21:43

full house is the best!!!

tronvo

Post by tronvo » Jun 23rd, '05, 20:40

i'm searching the song that was played in the end of this series when Young jae kissed Ji eun, it is the same when they were in Thailand. Can you guys give me its name? I have the full album of Full House's soundtrack but it seems that it did not include this song.. thanks :D

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Jun 24th, '05, 05:52

I Love this Series!!! If you're looking for a Romantic/Comedy korean series! This is the ONE!!! Great Cast and funny and amusing story!!! More importantly, nobody dies from some type of terminal disease...heheheheh!!! :D
Personally, the only thing that I didn't like was the kiss between the 2 main actors... it was a little "lame"... could be better... but i still give this series "SEE IT"... You'll enjoy it!!! :wub:

tronvo

Post by tronvo » Jun 24th, '05, 10:41

Lil_Bubot wrote:I Love this Series!!! If you're looking for a Romantic/Comedy korean series! This is the ONE!!! Great Cast and funny and amusing story!!! More importantly, nobody dies from some type of terminal disease...heheheheh!!! :D
Personally, the only thing that I didn't like was the kiss between the 2 main actors... it was a little "lame"... could be better... but i still give this series "SEE IT"... You'll enjoy it!!! :wub:
I do agree with you on the kiss, it could be better!! but since they kissed only twice (1 real kiss) in the series, you will like the rest :wub:

concerning the song I've searched, I've found it, if you want to download then click on this link:
http://rapidshare.de/files/2583401/Lee_ ... i.mp3.html
(thanks to Pocky)

abzlykewhoa

Post by abzlykewhoa » Jul 5th, '05, 03:27

diz one is a must see... hehe... i love that song about the bear.... n the theme song are good too.... i love this drama.....

dr34ming_jb

Post by dr34ming_jb » Jul 5th, '05, 04:55

I just finished watching Full House...and DAYAMN, it was sooo cute~! I'm so happy with the ending, though sad that it finished...

At the start I didn't know what to expect, just dled it because everyone was saying how good it was...and I fell in luv with it at the beginning.

As opposed to Sweet 18..I know these two dramas get compared a lot, but the thing that makes me like Full House better is how you end up loving the characters...and how there's no particular person that you can really hate in it! In Sweet 18, there was the sister at the start and Ga Young...with this one, even though Jieuns friends were really appalling, you ended up forgiving them, etc.

And everyone is so beautiful. Rain and Song Hye are so cute together, it's great seeing that chemistry on screen...so touching!

Although the thing that I thought they could have did a bit better...everyone was waitin for it...was the kiss! How fake was that! XD Oh well..I still loved it :D

aznanimegurl

Post by aznanimegurl » Jul 5th, '05, 10:22

Oh gosh, Full House is such a good drama! I finally got my hands on it and finished it in about 3-4 days. What was with Bi and those pictures of himself in his room?!... -__-" I think he had one near his bed... I wonder what happened to it.

If any of you have seen "Attic Cat", this drama is somewhat similar because it's so repetitive!
Spoiler wrote:The part where she waited for him at the restaurant was just so hard to watch. He didn't come at all and I wanted to slap him so bad >=( Really repetitive though. First she leaves, then he brings her back and this happens about 3 more times? Then they completely change places and he's the maid for her and leaves... then comes back. Another painful moment I thought was when he announced he was getting divorced to her. OH! And also when he was in his apartment and started to cry. I couldn't help but shed a few tears because they obviously loved each other but they're giving up! I'm glad they didn't though =) And at the end where they were in the tent, Bi looked cute hiding his head in the blanket XD
Last edited by aznanimegurl on Aug 28th, '05, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

audr3yz

Post by audr3yz » Jul 6th, '05, 08:47

does anyone know where can i find/download the sountracks of this drama?? i really mean all of the soundtracks.. haha.. i luv them too much.. thx.. help plz..

dr34ming_jb

Post by dr34ming_jb » Jul 7th, '05, 02:19

audr3yz wrote:does anyone know where can i find/download the sountracks of this drama?? i really mean all of the soundtracks.. haha.. i luv them too much.. thx.. help plz..
In Torrents search Full House OST...

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Jul 8th, '05, 01:49

Lil_Bubot wrote:I Love this Series!!! If you're looking for a Romantic/Comedy korean series! This is the ONE!!! Great Cast and funny and amusing story!!! More importantly, nobody dies from some type of terminal disease...heheheheh!!! :D
Yeah I second that! They need some "tongue" kissing actions. They kissed like two manacans kissing each other.

But Kissing is rated R in Korea, you know what I mean?

That kissing scene just cost the production a lot of money and before the episode is aired it has to have a big fat warning sign: "Parents strongly cautioned! Some material may be inappropriate for children under 25".

People kissing in the Western world is like Korean eating rice.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Jul 8th, '05, 02:00

I decided to try out Full House, got the 350mb of the first episode and thought it ruled. It made me laugh so much :P my first kdrama too :D

So I decided to get the rest but there are little seeds of the 350mb (0 for a lot) so I was going to get the 700mb ones though my download speed isn't very fast so I decided to check clubbox and found there are 350mb ones on there so I decided to get them from there even though I didn't really want to sign up to clubbox... but I think Full House is worth it.. and If it's as good as I hope I might also get the dvds from yesasia since there only around £50 (I love conversion rates :D)

/me hopes he manages to get all the eps

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Jul 8th, '05, 16:42

I Love This Drama!!!!!! this is a type of drama that can never be forgotten!! and its so addictive too! You just have to keep on watching the next episode after the next. Also, its not a bore to rewatch, some dramas after you watch it once thats enough, and you wouldn't go and watch again. But this one, even if you rewatch it you still get hooked! I also love the chemistry between SHK and Bi!!! This is a wonderful drama!! its a MUST see!

Gny

Post by Gny » Jul 9th, '05, 02:25

My favorite part is when they use permanent markers to draw watches on each other. :heart: It's sooo cute.

tronvo

Post by tronvo » Jul 9th, '05, 03:02

Lowest wrote:I decided to try out Full House, got the 350mb of the first episode and thought it ruled. It made me laugh so much :P my first kdrama too :D

So I decided to get the rest but there are little seeds of the 350mb (0 for a lot) so I was going to get the 700mb ones though my download speed isn't very fast so I decided to check clubbox and found there are 350mb ones on there so I decided to get them from there even though I didn't really want to sign up to clubbox... but I think Full House is worth it.. and If it's as good as I hope I might also get the dvds from yesasia since there only around £50 (I love conversion rates :D)

/me hopes he manages to get all the eps
you can go to my5minutes.com to download this drama and it's faster!!! (you need to register before downloading) :-)

jav_

Post by jav_ » Jul 12th, '05, 03:57

i didnt get the part when young-jae was embarrased in the tent...why was he?

sweet_heart_1010

Post by sweet_heart_1010 » Jul 12th, '05, 09:00

:wub: :clap: love this drama so much :wub: love Song Hye Kyo as well
Facts Pictures/Facts/News/Board/Top

This drama attempts to answer the question of whether two people -- a famous actor and an ordinary woman -- can learn to love each other in a marriage agreed upon only on paper. It also explores the meaning of the family by presenting no matter how hard the present may seem, the world is still a good place because of those who bring hopes into our lives through their presence alone.

This drama features diverse characters: considerate, caring, frank, patient, sticking to the life?s basic values. But no matter how different the personalities, everyone finds happiness in the end.

Source http://www.koreancontent.org
Produced by Min Hyo-jeong (민효정)
Production
KBS (KBS)
Distribution
KBS (KBS)
Staff

Technics
Videos

Festival(s) & award(s)

Sales or release dates & Box Office
Broadcasting dates : 2004/07/14~2004/09/02

calla

Post by calla » Jul 12th, '05, 14:48

I love this drama and really want to get the DVD boxset. I searched around and discovered there are at least 4 different cover versions and one of them has really bad English subtitles.

Does anyone have a FH boxset? Could you tell me which boxset's the one I should be getting - with good English subtitles, good audio/video (korean audio)?

Thanks so so so much :-)

LilYen

Post by LilYen » Jul 12th, '05, 18:50

To go along with what the person above me said, is this a real DVD version or a bootleg?

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... rodcontent

I want to buy it, but I want to make sure I am spending a whole bunch of money on something that is legitimate.

And by the way, I love the series. At first, I had no idea what to expect, and it was so cheesy and painful, but the ending more than made up for it.

im_too_fast

Post by im_too_fast » Jul 14th, '05, 22:09

Hi, I'm new here and I desperately want to see "Full House"

Can anyone tell me where I can download this in mpeg or rmvb or even Dat format?

I dont' know how to use the alchol thing to burn mdf files... can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

jav_

Post by jav_ » Jul 16th, '05, 20:45

i still dont get why...Bi was embarassed in the tent...can someone fill me in on this? thnx

Typhoon

Re: [DISCUSSION] Full House

Post by Typhoon » Jul 17th, '05, 17:45

puccakiss79 wrote:Now that you know what I think, I'd like to know what you think :)
I'm a big fan of K-movies and I thought the K-drama "Lover in Paris" was quite good, but "Full House" was without question the worst K-drama that I've had the misfortune of seeing.

Why?

The main character played by the K-singer "Rain" has no redeeming qualities.
The character he plays comes across as completely immature, proud to a fault, whiny and completely petty. In other words, a complete jerk and a hopeless p*ssy. I find his behaviour irritating rather then funny and any funny moments are completely overshadowed by his boorishness and childish petulance.

I understand what the producers were trying to achieve. An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark, in my view. They should be forced to watch such classics such as "Bringing Up Baby" and "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant untill they understand how it's done.

The only way I can rationalize the popularity of "Full House" is that Rain is such a popular singer right now that his teeny-bopper fans will watch anything and forgive any kind of behaviour.

Wasted hours of my life that I'll never get back. :glare:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jul 17th, '05, 17:53

Typhoon wrote:
puccakiss79 wrote:Now that you know what I think, I'd like to know what you think :)
I'm a big fan of K-movies and I thought the K-drama "Lover in Paris" was quite good, but "Full House" was without question the worst K-drama that I've had the misfortune of seeing.

Why?

The character he plays comes across as completely immature, proud to a fault, whiny and completely petty. In other words, a complete jerk and a hopeless p*ssy. I find his behaviour irritating rather then funny and any funny moments are completely overshadowed by his boorishness and childish petulance.

I understand what the producers were trying to achieve. An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark, in my view. They should be forced to watch such classics such as "Bringing Up Baby" and "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant untill they understand how it's done.

The only way I can rationalize the popularity of "Full House" is that Rain is such a popular singer right now that his teeny-bopper fans will watch anything and forgive any kind of behaviour.

Maybe you like the more profound/melodrama like ' Love in Paris '. Love in Paris was just okay for me. However, it's still your opinion and I have mine.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Jul 17th, '05, 19:15

crazylife123 wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Why?

Maybe you like the more profound/melodrama like ' Love in Paris '. Love in Paris was just okay for me. However, it's still your opinion and I have mine.
"Lover in Paris" was okay - it religiously followed that "10 Commandments of K-Dramas" posted elsewhere :lol

I'm not trying to change anyone's elses opinion, as this thread started with the poster asking for people's opinion's I'm expressing mine - in my view "Full House" was truly awful, mainly due to the way the main character, as played by Rain, was written.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jul 17th, '05, 20:36

Typhoon wrote:An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark, in my view.
Your sentence would be correct without the comma and is incorrect with the comma. Like so:

An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark in my view.

You notice the difference? Some people simply don't "get" a show or like a character. There's nothing wrong with that but you're objectivising a sentiment purely personal to you. Some people might call it snooty. There's no basis for Rain's "missing the mark." His acting is fine - I think his comedic timing is great. HIs character is what it is. You don't like him, that's obvious. You could have condensed your wordy post into a few words; namely, "I didn't like Bi's character."

I of course like his character. I was rolling in laughter when he makes fun of Ji-eun when she mistook his car for a present. That pregnancy scene was hillarious too. A self-absorded juvenile star who is not without his tender sense of responsibility, indepedence, and appreciation for things. Funny guy.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jul 17th, '05, 20:56

zdoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark, in my view.
Your sentence would be correct without the comma and is incorrect with the comma. Like so:

An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark in my view.

You notice the difference? Some people simply don't "get" a show or like a character. There's nothing wrong with that but you're objectivising a sentiment purely personal to you. Some people might call it snooty. There's no basis for Rain's "missing the mark." His acting is fine - I think his comedic timing is great. HIs character is what it is. You don't like him, that's obvious. You could have condensed your wordy post into a few words; namely, "I didn't like Bi's character."

I of course like his character. I was rolling in laughter when he makes fun of Ji-eun when she mistook his car for a present. That pregnancy scene was hillarious too. A self-absorded juvenile star who is not without his tender sense of responsibility, indepedence, and appreciation for things. Funny guy.
I agree with you zdoon. Bi did a wonderful job. I don't think anyone else can fit his character with SHG in this series. For a singer, he did a great job in acting. I'm not a Rain's fan. I haven't listen to any of his music until recently. I can't really say he's a great singer because I don't understand the language. I watched his 2005 concert tour. I like his dancing and performance. He remind of the Korean version of 'Usher Raymond'. Overall, Rain didn't have much experience in acting. However, he did a great job with 'Full House'. Why? Well...look at the ratings and the sales of DVDs that has been sold.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 17th, '05, 22:47

Typhoon wrote:I understand what the producers were trying to achieve. An "opposites attract" romantic comedy, but this one completely missed the mark, in my view. They should be forced to watch such classics such as "Bringing Up Baby" and "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant untill they understand how it's done.
I don't see Full House as an "opposites attract" romantic comedy. The opposite-factor doesn't weight as much. He was hopelessly attracted with his first love, and he only grew to care for Ji-eun because of the fact that they live together under the same roof.
Typhoon wrote:The only way I can rationalize the popularity of "Full House" is that Rain is such a popular singer right now that his teeny-bopper fans will watch anything and forgive any kind of behaviour.
You forgot to mention Song Hye Gyo. I could count a number of guys here who watched FH just bcoz of SHG. I didn't even know Bi is so popular with his singing. I don't think he sings as good as he acts. Why don't you try Sang-doo Hakkyo Gaja where his character is not so "completely immature, proud to a fault, whiny and completely petty. In other words, a complete jerk and a hopeless p*ssy?". If your type in men is the chivalrous and saintly type, then this is the right Bi-drama for you.
If it still doesn't work for you....then I guess you just don't like Bi-the actor, period.
Typhoon wrote:Wasted hours of my life that I'll never get back. :glare:
I didn't like Kang-ta's malnourished-head in Loveholic and Jung Da Bin's pathetic character in Attic Cat. Both dramas I had stopped watching coz I'm scared to "waste hours of my life that I'll never get back." Darn, I should have been there to tell you such a clever idea eh?

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Jul 17th, '05, 23:56

Okay, looks like I finally watched this show, after being told “it’s the best drama ever!”, etc., etc. Its main faults are that it is repetitious (damn these people go back and forth between “let’s be together” and “let’s break up”) and way too lengthy. Though those are faults shared by virtually every TV show. The network demands X number of episodes and the writers need to accommodate for that. For a lot of shows, that means lots of dragging, repetitions, tons of flashbacks, and scenes of the characters walking really, really slow (ah, the memories of watching Phoenix). At least Full House didn’t gratuitously use flashbacks. The show would’ve been better with a smaller episode count or better yet, if it was a movie.

FH did have a lot of good moments, however, so I don’t feel like I completely “wasted hours of my life.” I’m still not a fan of SHG (SHK?), but I think she and Bi did quite well. I think the well-resolved ending suits the show well. I usually like having some unanswered questions that nag me to re-watch, but I don’t see how the writers could do that with this story. The show is enjoyable and I voted “Probably shouldn't miss it”, but I feel no desire, at this point in time, to ever watch this show again.

xsweetmelodyx

Post by xsweetmelodyx » Jul 18th, '05, 02:33

hahah Full House changed my view abt Korean series in a good way. Bi and SHG were too cute and funny. I watched the series for the tenth times already and still not bored of it yet. I even remember all the lines...hahhaa i'm addicted to Full HOuse!