Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Secret Garden (SBS, 2010 - 2011)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 1st, '10, 02:44

after watching the both ep, now that i think about it, I can't imagine Jang Hyuk as JW in SG. I mean, Hyun Bin is doing such a fantastic work in here that you just can't imagine any one else in this role. and this coming from JH fan and not so Hyun Bin fan at the beginning of this drama who was totally disappointed when JH decided not to take on this project.
:P

loving every eps more and more each week. ep5 had such melo vibes where as ep6 was hilariously funny. could not stop laughing at both of them. plus, kept confusing who is saying what and in which body. :lol

E-chan, I think you are right. they are using/recycling all Kdrama story lines/cliché together in twisted but interesting way.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Dec 1st, '10, 03:45

Very tempted to watch this, but will wait until it is complete.

aility

Post by aility » Dec 1st, '10, 09:38

Issy: you are so right about the Janghyuk part! I think he is too much of a man to pull it off, no offense to Huyunbin though :mrgreen:

And I do love how this drama turns all the typical clichés also, and how it generally mocks certain aspects of the uhm... entertainment world? At least what I consider as mocking

PS
When that young singer dude said that he was gay. Do you think that is the reason he had to quit his singing career back in Seoul and move back to Jeju? Or he was thinking generally that being gay made it impossible for him to get into the industry, and therefor he rejects Oska? Because I think after Oska confessed about his own insecurities, he warmed up to him. and that scene was hilarious btw! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 09:46

About that, Aili,
the kid went back to be a fisherman, so it's not like he had the money to stay in Seoul for long. He probably saw that no opportunities were there and had to leave.
It seems he wanted to become better and more recognized his own way. In a non-idol and serious music environment. He wanted to be a serious musician and all.

I think he rejects being an idol, partly because of his preference though. Not only would he do music he doesn't appreciate, but he'd be watched 24/7 and investigated.
He would suffer and if it was revealed, he'd face the wrath of many people and probably be thrown away immediately. Why would anyone want to go through that?
As for Hyun Bin, there could never be a more perfect Joo Won. Don't know the other guy (I mean, I haven't seen him in anything), but when I saw Hyun Bin, I just knew.
Right off the bat, you can just see how awesome this character is gonna be and how well he'll portray him. Some actors and roles just reek of awesomeness right away.

Btw, my mom is also worried about what Ethlenn mentioned. The Director did say he'd look after her till he died. Maybe he'll die to save her? It would be sad, but at least we'd get a happy ending.
And I'll have you know, my mom has "adopted" Philip. :rofl: It still cracks her up that Ara is scared of him. Ahaha. She understands why, but to her, it's what makes him attractive. I agree. Hee hee.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 1st, '10, 10:55

Orion wrote:And I'll have you know, my mom has "adopted" Philip. It still cracks her up that Ara is scared of him. Ahaha. She understands why, but to her, it's what makes him attractive. I agree. Hee hee.
:lol I have already warned up to him from ep2. he even does not look weird to me any more. and sometimes, i do find him kind of hot too. :P

aility

Post by aility » Dec 1st, '10, 11:30

@Orion,
I dont think he went back to become a fisherman, I think he had to due to circumstances that arent revealed yet... He had to sell his piano/keyboards, which was basically his most previous possession.
And I think he wants to become a musician, but not an idol.
And the director is indeed creepy... I think he would go to lengths for Ra Im. Ara is totally freaked out by him, haha... it is actually kinda hilarious. Philip Lee doesnt look tooo bad in other settings. There is just something with his face in this drama which doesnt appeal to me at all....

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 11:31

Ok, and now I have to ask. Should I watch City Hall?

In my desperate search to see what this writer is usually like, I took a little look. Spoilers for City Hall ahead...
Took a look at the ending. Well, from what I read, even though there is tears and sadness in the show, the ending is happy for the main couple at least.
THAT, I like. I like a show that moves me, and it can be sad as heck but still gives me a happy ending for all my tears. I hope this happens with SG too.
Also, Dramabeans just discovered that kiss photo. Ahaha. People are going nuts over there. Heck, I still can't believe it. Can't effing wait for it though. :rofl:

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 1st, '10, 11:52

Hmm,

I'm still with Ate Ara when it comes to the director. He totally creeps me out. I don't know why, he's been really nice these few episodes, and kind of awesome at times, but still I just can't shake that creepy feeling, you know?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 11:59

Ahaha. He does have that weird eerie special something. I guess with some it translates as creepiness and with some as attractiveness.
But I do love my creepy and weird men, so it's more usual for me to see that element as attractive. The actor looks like such a sweetheart though. :wub:

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 1st, '10, 12:17

He does seem nice. My brother doesn't understand why I don't like the Director. He thinks the dude is pretty much okay. But seriously, there's this one thing about him, everytime I look at him, he looks... something about him really. I'm still thinking it's because of his eyes. Aaah, trouble brewing and coming in this drama, and I can't wait to see how this will end. I heard they switch pretty soon, so that's a wonder really :)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 1st, '10, 12:45

Orion1986 wrote:Ahaha. He does have that weird eerie special something. I guess with some it translates as creepiness and with some as attractiveness.
But I do love my creepy and weird men, so it's more usual for me to see that element as attractive. The actor looks like such a sweetheart though. :wub:
I agree with ori-chan here too. I liked his character from ep1 but the last 2 eps made me not like him as previous eps. He is so possessive and control freaks when it comes to RI and I really did like severity of his actions towards her. I know it comes from his love for her and how she is totally clueless about it. But still, it would make me angry to be treated Like this specially in front of someone else.
But I guess RI accept it with no objection because she see it as an order from her boss.

SweetCandy85

Post by SweetCandy85 » Dec 1st, '10, 14:14

AH, ok... thank you... Sorry, I didn't want to look into the spoilers so I couldn't understand... ^__^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 1st, '10, 15:48

I'm at the beginning of 6th episode and, just like I thought, swapping thing screwed everything up. At least for now,

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 16:42

You mean it messed things up for them, or for you? I really like the switch myself. It's funny, but it somehow also offers good opportunities for the two characters.
I mean, they are forced to work together and some tension is released. They talk more because they have to and I hope this will somehow help the relationship.

We pretty much know that the person responsible for the switch did not do it for romantic reasons, but that does not mean some bigger force didn't let it happen.
I still hope this whole thing is Fate's way of getting these two numskulls together and I hope that this switch brings them closer. Maybe not romantically, but as people.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Dec 1st, '10, 17:21

Ok, I see some opportunities too but I liked the way it were, not it just seems.. not that interesting, to be honest.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 1st, '10, 17:37

About the singing guy
I don't think he's actual gay. I think he said that on purpose to scare Oska away. Because what's the best way to scare the sh*t out of a womanizer?
But still, I can't think that he might be somehow inetersted in Oska, but not in a romantic way. Or maybe... If so, SBS will have to pay for another part of innocent, but corrupted this way young boys, ahaha!!
But see, Juwon can pull off that creepy look too. He looks sometimes at Ra Im the way I have shivers.
And I just loved how he just threw casually that he has to hug her so he can see her face, not carry on the back. Poor girl. He said it as if he was saying: "Ah yes, we need also milk to the coffee."

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 1st, '10, 18:02

Yep. It's like the guy has no filter between his brain and his mouth. Everything his weird twisted logic dictates, he just goes out and says it. Why? Spoiled brat.
Never had to make his own money, not really, so he has never learned how to be a diplomat. He's never lived in a normal social setting, so it's normal for him.

About the kid, I think he was telling the truth. He wouldn't make up such a lie to get rid of the guy when so far he's been so honest. I think he was just forced to say it.
But I don't think he's at all interested in Oska. At least not that way. I think he appreciated the little honesty from him and gave his own real reason to put an end to it all.

Ok, I may be a bit too obsessed with the ending and all, but do series that get too heavy and/or end in tragedy usually have such funny outtakes added every few episodes?
I was thinking about this. We had those hilarious outtakes at the end of episode 6. Somehow, I just don't get any tragic vibes from the series. I still don't, even if I worry.

We just watched 5 and 6 again, in our living room. This series isn't only awesome, it's absolutely beautiful visually as well. Scenery, good fx, nice directing. So high quality.
Also, can I have some of those "medical wine" bottles to decorate? They were absolutely beautiful! Give me some, please! Just fill them up with water only, please. XD

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 1st, '10, 18:22

Ahh, it's not the director but the actor who I find terribly creepy. Like Ecchan and Mr. Kang ;) but I manage to watch his scenes (I just don't look at his face much :lol)

I also think he'll sarifice himself for Raim. He's like the benevolent monster-type :P

Juwon, I think he does know that one shouldn't always say whatever is on one's mind - he does act carefully when with his family, right? But I guess Raim makes him so nervous he can't control his thoughts/speech. And yes, that scene about the hug had me go *awww*, too.

Btw, I'm waiting for him an Oska to get close again. Oska said something about an accident before which Juwon properly treated him like a hyung. I think it mitght be something JW has forgotten about and maybe something Oska is to blame for...?!

Oh and the kid...I do think he might be just using the gay label to keep Oskar away from him...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 1st, '10, 19:48

I am totally with Orion's Mom regarding Philip. I love that actor. He is so different and has a wonderful aura. I don't know much about his role here because I have not watched the drama. Have read all the posts and seen all the photos and it looks interesting.
The only thing that concerns me is that the men here are all so thin. Is this a new style for Korean actors? Hyun Bin used to have an upper body and now he has even lost his facial charm. His cheeks are so thin and what happened to those dimples.
As for Philip..he is like a willow bending in the breeze. Such a slim waist..you can imagine trying to hug him and there's nothing there to hug. Oh my dear man. Eat something.

Mind you I don't like the six pack guys at all and they have been having a day of it for a few years now.
All those idol singers ripping their shirts off is so childish.
Peg

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 1st, '10, 22:00

Two a bit spoiler-ish pics, and one Philip from profile.

And this kiss made headlines. It's on the first spot today on Nate most read articles, keke.
The kiss will be in the middle of Ep 08th. According to Nate^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 1st, '10, 22:53

Peg, I totally agree with you!!
We've been talking about that alarming skinny trend a lot recently.
Hyun Bin's even (almost) lost his charming dimples and looks haughty like a man who's been very sick until a while ago. I still hope to see korean actors with healthy weights and bodylines, neither totally buffed up nor bordering anorexic!

Ecchan, nice pics!! I love that first one!! :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 2nd, '10, 04:29

Who wouldn't love that first one? That is such a sweet and calm look on his face. I love people like that.
They do the smallest of changes to their facial muscles and still change their expression completely.

I've noticed that about him in SG. He's so good with his expressions that no words are needed sometimes.
And well, I think Joo Won could benefit from thinking a bit before he talks. You're an idiot, you jerk!!!!! :lol

But yes, this skinny trend is annoying enough with boys and idols, but serious actors too? I get Myung Min. He lost a LOT and for a movie.
But why all these guys? Were they all playing patients or something? Why would a mature guy want to look like this when it looks so bad?

I mean, if it looks bad on feminine idol boys, it looks 10 times worse on men who actually have the build to be very masculine and toned.
Hyun Bin's cheekbones are made for more fat than he has now. So is the rest of his body. You can SEE it needs more bulk to be normal.
Same with Philip. He's a tall guy with huge shoulders and a body that generally says "I'm made for battle". Not for ballet, you numskull!

Please, South Korea. You've already ruined your young male celebrities with these pretty-boy urges of yours, don't do the same with your men!
Fangirls have tons of pretty-boys to kyaa over, leave some men for us, damn it! For normal women that want a MAN who looks healthy and fed!

Like this one!
I could not resist... :wub:

If you ever go skinny, Ji Hwan, I'm gonna come over there and force feed you till "Normal weight is GOOD!" is forever branded on your brain!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 2nd, '10, 06:56

Wish I had a photo of Lee Tae Gon to illustrate a normal tall Korean actor. He looks so good and he is one fine actor. He definitely has the attractive masculine way with him.

He is probably on the Han cinema page somewhere.

Viande

Post by Viande » Dec 2nd, '10, 09:47

But what is that pink lipstick in the last picture :lol

Yoon Sang Hyun looks cute Secret Garden but in the other hand he has lost a lot of weight, which is no good. He looks like he's starving. :(

I too like my men (and women) in better shape. Men should look reliable and not so skinny that you could beat them up yourself. Women then again should look soft. ^^

From male actors Rain looks quite healthy. I don't really care about muscular body but at least he's not all skin and bones as the trend seems to be at the moment. Hmm and Eric is quite fine too.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 11:46

Good villagers who have travelled from near and far! Lend me your ears!

It's official, I'm going to mention this annoying and risky trend of emaciated idols everywhere I will be from now on. We have to do something, we can! If we express our opinions freely, even if we are only one voice among the flood of kyaaa and oppa, and kawaiiiii, we can make some impact! We can make our new Joseon (wait, not this drama... ekhem..) We all have proof that Korean entertainment slowly starts to realize that their stars are watched not only in the 4 countries (the World) but also far, far away! (The World).
Aja!

Can't forgive that Hyun Bin's dimples disappeared. I want them back!
Maybe in the army he will be fed better, without stress...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 2nd, '10, 13:45

We have to find the army cook and pay him to give Hyun Bin lots of yummy food! Give the man back his lovely body and cute dimples! You need cheeks for dimples! XD

As for my voice being heard, you know me, babe. With you, every step of the way. Kdrama and movies are watched WORLDwide. They should at least acknowledge that.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 13:58

You need also cheeks for something more... oh, you meant the upper ones? Ekhem... :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 2nd, '10, 14:02

You need the upper for dimples and the lower for pinching, groping and all manner of naughtiness. :roll

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 14:19

And I did! I voiced my opinion on Seoulbeat (I hate this website, but what can I do?) about this trend. It was in the article called SHINee are malnourished (or something). Yes they do. But then... they are under Evil SM Ent.

And statistics on DC Gall:
SG: 719 pages
MMM: 585 :whistling:

And one thing, do you remember the scene when Juwon was reading a magazine in front of the store and close to him Ra Im appeared and disappeared? I was thinking, whether it's not an ominous sign. Maybe she appeared into his life so suddenly, but will vanish just like that?

And the second thought: neither old woman or the man didn't have to speak about Ra Im while saying about the fate and death. They could have said it about their daughter, and Ra Im just brought back the memories? Like a trigger.
This is my last assumption today on SG.

The kiss:
And some other pics and gifs:
Imagecredits: Nate and DC Gall
Last edited by Ethlenn on Dec 2nd, '10, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

aility

Post by aility » Dec 2nd, '10, 14:50

that is a whole lot of Hyunbin, wow... :wub: if only those dimples.... :cry:

About the OTHER kiss; I was actually a bit disappointed with their perfomance. Didnt see a whole lot of lip movement, I expected much more! I think the kissing scenes between Hyunbin and Song Hye go was much steamy, no? But then again, those two were dating at that time... Ack...

I guess I am too demanding, wanting some hot kissing scenes.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 16:11

Eh yeah... well... it's not like it was their dream kiss either. Ra Im wasn't happy at all she had to kiss Juwon. But the hand, the hand...

First, Choi Hwajeong , the host of SBS 107.7 FM radio program "Power Time":
Second, i made a mistake in the second assumption, forgot about the photo in Ra Im's locker. Fine, it was her dad.

And for Lee Philip fans:
Over 100 of new pictures I uploaded on the blog^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 2nd, '10, 17:39

Well hello there Philip... Can I ask you to add a few pounds to your waist so that I feel better about the fact I am staring at your pictures drooling?

As for the kiss, well, they can only provoke the prudes that much. I mean, a proper kiss between guys would get quite some hate-mail from em.

And ladies, we have a new Hyun Bin fangirl. Mom found Dramastyle and is now browsing Hyun Bin's official website and going gaga over his photos.
Ahahaha. Well, I can't say I blame her. Fine man, fine man indeed. A MAN! Some of us still like those, it seems. We're a "dying" species, but we're here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 22:17

Ohoho! Your mom has a taste, Ori^^
Still, if only his cheeks were fuller. Both pairs. :wub:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 3rd, '10, 00:08

And I just noticed something in SG that I hadn't noticed the previous 10+ times I've seen the episode. In episode 3, when he is peeking in her locker...
I actually had to rewind and ask mom if she saw it or if I was crazy. Luckily, she saw it too so I didn't need to start singing Joo Won's mantra for it.
It was really freaky. I'm talking about her dad's picture in the locker. Did you guys notice his expressions changes? His smile turns into a frown in it!

Ahaha. I don't think daddy likes Joo Won much. And I still can't tell if he is the one who did those things in Seoul too. I think that presence seems more mischievous.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 3rd, '10, 00:23

Yes, we did, we did. But I thought it was just because Juwon didn't like what he saw inside the locker. Not a particular motives hidden behind it.
But maybe there is something meaningful in it, don't know. Argh, I give up!

Amuze

Post by Amuze » Dec 3rd, '10, 00:50

where can i download..

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 3rd, '10, 01:07

Ori, about that, we did ;) and I thought after watching the last eps, that his expression changed cause he didn't like him stalking his precious daughter, and I thought that's when he decided to use him as the victim for the body switching :lol

Amuze, just go to the torrent section and search for secret garden (there's only torrent provided here!).
You will find 2 different resolutions.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 3rd, '10, 04:18

just finished catching up with all the episodes and so far Im LOVING it! I didnt know hyun bin could scream so high! Even i cant do that. :lol I just kept laughing throughout the 6th episode that when I stepped outside of my room my sis and mom asked what was so funny? I just replied "dont get me started!" :P

as for the possible ending
I dont think Hyun Bin and Gil Ra Im will return to their origional bodies until the ending of the show give or take a couple of episodes. I wonder if it is the whole "stunt accident" thing I wonder if will be with Hyun Bin getting hurt trying to do a stunt and end up in the hospital for awhile. I dont know..."cant feel the legs" bit and so he needs to recooperate. I might be way of topic but still there is something up with the whole Ra Im's dad thing. I wonder if that lady and the dad are in the same sisuation as Hyun Bin and Gil Ra Im and they dont know how to get to their right bodies. Maybe Ra Im is sick so they wanted to switch "souls" so it wouldnt be her dying but him. Explains the plate of food like someone else posted. Dont remember who... Sorry. So that will mean that she's going to give up on Hyun Bin's character but actually helping him someway without him knowing (as always in a drama) and he will say its not her fault and that he is happy doing this for her, kinda thingy. But either way I think he and she will be depressed or just like "Hyun Bin said" a plain diagnosis of lovesickness
There is just too many things going on in my head and I have to get ready to go to bed for work tomorrow. Not good! :pale:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 3rd, '10, 10:31

esmer86 wrote:just finished catching up with all the episodes and so far Im LOVING it! I didnt know hyun bin could scream so high! Even i cant do that. :lol I just kept laughing throughout the 6th episode that when I stepped outside of my room my sis and mom asked what was so funny? I just replied "dont get me started!" :P

as for the possible ending
I dont think Hyun Bin and Gil Ra Im will return to their origional bodies until the ending of the show give or take a couple of episodes. I wonder if it is the whole "stunt accident" thing I wonder if will be with Hyun Bin getting hurt trying to do a stunt and end up in the hospital for awhile. I dont know..."cant feel the legs" bit and so he needs to recooperate. I might be way of topic but still there is something up with the whole Ra Im's dad thing. I wonder if that lady and the dad are in the same sisuation as Hyun Bin and Gil Ra Im and they dont know how to get to their right bodies. Maybe Ra Im is sick so they wanted to switch "souls" so it wouldnt be her dying but him. Explains the plate of food like someone else posted. Dont remember who... Sorry. So that will mean that she's going to give up on Hyun Bin's character but actually helping him someway without him knowing (as always in a drama) and he will say its not her fault and that he is happy doing this for her, kinda thingy. But either way I think he and she will be depressed or just like "Hyun Bin said" a plain diagnosis of lovesickness
There is just too many things going on in my head and I have to get ready to go to bed for work tomorrow. Not good! :pale:
:lol :lol :lol
I got the same reaction from my sister but in my case, i was watching it midnight and everyone sleeping and i had headphone on so did not how loud i was laughing. it has been a while since a drama or a movie made me laugh this hard.

as for me personally, i am getting bored with body swap already. it will be fine by me to carry on for another 2 eps ( according to rumour of its ending by ep8) but any longer than this might not be so fun for me to watch. the problem with me is that i keep confusing the two and don't know who is who.
at the same time, i still don't think two eps would be enough to cover whatever they want achieve by the whole body swap. ignoring ep6 because it hardly touched the subject of living and experiencing each other lives because they only were dealing with living in each others bodies and its embarrassments (in each other's eyes OFC :mrgreen: )
and i did not notice RI 's dad face changes in that picture. i need to re-watch the whole 6 eps. I think i am the only one who has seen it only once. :P

ps, like ori-chan said, i too am just mesmerised with all those beautiful sceneries and those beautiful highly decorative medicinal alcohol bottles . SOOOOO PRETTY.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 3rd, '10, 11:21

Body swap will end in the ep 8 and thanks godss for this. I couldn't stand this any longer, and I bet Hyun Bin too.
And I think only 2 eps will be even more than enough to mess up their life. Imagine Ra Im in Juwon's body proposing to Yunseul.
That won't be something he can easily escape from.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 3rd, '10, 12:22

Well there goes my theory... :hissy:. maybe will get a better picture with the ending of episode 8 or 9. Come on weekend!! :dance:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 3rd, '10, 12:44

esmer86 wrote:Well there goes my theory... :hissy:. maybe will get a better picture with the ending of episode 8 or 9. Come on weekend!! :dance:
Yes, COME ON WEEKENDS,
it's been a while since i have been really looking forward for weekends (i mostly work on weekends, so is no fun :crazy:). Secret Garden and Gloria, 2eps of each :w00t: :dance:

ps. SO happy that body swap will end by ep8. the way it was mentioned in story, it felt like going to last for most part of the drama. story will be even more interesting after they come back i guess.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 3rd, '10, 13:18

And judging from the previews, Joo Won is gonna go all out to keep Ra Im's body well dressed. He's made her look like a rich spoiled daughter. Well, he IS a rich spoiled son.

I just really hope he learns a thing or two about understanding normal people in the process.He could really use a nice wake up call about the real world and life in it. Needs it.
I'm also happy the body swap doesn't last for the entire series. You can't get non-comical romance with them in each others bodies. Plus, I'd love some smexing too, later on. :roll
Come on, be honest. You can't tell me you haven't thought about that possibility in such an original series. Look at the kissing. Is it too much to hope for some proper skinship?

Am I just being too naughty for asking that? You know, Coffee Prince style. Nothing more. I ain't no pervert!... Well, I am, but I still want my series and movies moderately decent. :lol

P.S: And off-topic, but I'm well on my way of becoming a Kang Dong Won fan. So, now I'll like two guys that creep you ladies out. Ahaha. Besides the man on my signature, that is.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Dec 3rd, '10, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 3rd, '10, 13:52

Orion1986 wrote:I just really hope he learns a thing or two about understanding normal people in the process.He could really use a nice wake up call about the real world and life in it. Needs it.
I'm also happy the body swap doesn't last for the entire series. You can't get non-comical romance with them in each others bodies. Plus, I'd love some smexing too, later on. :roll
Come on, be honest. You can't tell me you haven't thought about that possibility in such an original series. Look at the kissing. Is it too much to hope for some proper skinship?

Am I just being too naughty for asking that? You know, Coffee Prince style. Nothing more. I ain't no pervert!... Well, I am, but I still want my series and movies moderately decent. :lol

I have to agree with you there Orion. I, too, wouldnt mind some smexing :whistling: :lol You know what, Joo won was starting to piss me off! I wanted to be nice because he really doesnt know better how a "normal person" lives but I just kept thinking if someone kept saying stuff like that to me I would have prob done more that just a slap. :cussing: what am i saying...i probably be bawling in my bedroom.... :cry:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 3rd, '10, 13:55

Yep. I'd have given him a kick in the jewels that'd endanger his ability to procreate... She was too kind with that slap. When we first watched that, my mom yelled "Give him another one!" :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 4th, '10, 02:44

This scene will be in Episode 8. At least they say so over at Viki. And uhm... wow... XD

posted by slteo at the Viki forums
And Ra Im was lying about the six-pack, it seems. Although a bit more weight would make things better, they're pretty good still.

posted by slteo at the Viki forums
Ok, Episode 7 was epic. Will comment more later, but it was just phenomenal and wonderful. The series is hilarious, smart and romantic and I just love it!
Also, I just cracked at the mention of Ahjusshi and Won Bin! Ahahaha! Very funny considering Kim Sung Oh (cute secretary) is one of the main villains there!

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Dec 5th, '10, 12:34

Hi!
I've been following this thread for awhile now paralel with watching the latest episodes. Time to time thinking of replying but haven't reached to the point yet..
Until today.
I have a question about something Joo Won told Ra Im. Episode 5. In hotel room he took a comparison from the true story of little marmaid and speculated the future of Ra Im incase she would be together with him. I didn't quite get the comparison. Can someone help me to figure it out please?
In english it was translated as:
"After you stay like an invisible person, just dissapear from me like a bubble!"

Looked up the true story of little mermaid also so I would get the point, but was no use.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 5th, '10, 12:42

I think it was explained in viikii before... but if I get it properly, Joo Won tells her to stay insignificant in his life, like maybe a mistress or something, and then when he finally realizes what he feels for her, and he thinks it's going to be nothing more than just a fling, he wants her to disappear from his life...

I think that's basically what that means. Like how the little mermaid disappeared.

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Dec 5th, '10, 12:49

janajee wrote:I think it was explained in viikii before... but if I get it properly, Joo Won tells her to stay insignificant in his life, like maybe a mistress or something, and then when he finally realizes what he feels for her, and he thinks it's going to be nothing more than just a fling, he wants her to disappear from his life...

I think that's basically what that means. Like how the little mermaid disappeared.
cheers! That was great help. :-)
(To excuse myself: I don't hang around viikii, so d-addicts is the only information-base I have :roll )

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 5th, '10, 13:04

marit wrote: I have a question about something Joo Won told Ra Im. Episode 5. In hotel room he took a comparison from the true story of little marmaid and speculated the future of Ra Im incase she would be together with him. I didn't quite get the comparison. Can someone help me to figure it out please?
In english it was translated as:
"After you stay like an invisible person, just dissapear from me like a bubble!"

Looked up the true story of little mermaid also so I would get the point, but was no use.
I saw another translation that left out the invisible person but pointed out that he said something along the lines of hang around like something non-human...
I think he just wanted to say that there is no chance of a happy ending, like in Cinderella but that he is aware that their social status is too different. So even if they come to love each other, they just can't be^^

AH, ep 7 was really nice and yes, the Ahjussi reference almost made me fall from my chair...thought I wa hearing wrong though^^
A WonBin cameo would be nice, too :lol
The scenes between Osca and "JW" were lovely. I really enjoyed watching their awkward interaction!! Hehe, I love Osca more and more...can't wait for ep 8. Looking forward to him stirring things up between JW&RI. The preview for tonight looked promising...

Really wondering about Raim's friends dream! I'm sure there's some hard times to come for her. But I do believe in a happy ending!! :D

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 5th, '10, 14:14

marit wrote:(To excuse myself: I don't hang around viikii, so d-addicts is the only information-base I have :roll )
Hahahaha, don't worry about it. The only reason I mentioned it was because I didn't get it at first either, and I only understood it through them. Hahahahah

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 5th, '10, 14:19

Welcome to the posting crowd, marit. :D Most of us here do check other sites and forums out, so we post the most important information and pictures here.
You can ask if something is unclear and I'm sure we'll all do our best to answer. Hope to see more of your thoughts on the series here and have fun. :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 5th, '10, 17:47

OH My, Is there going to be another body swap after this one? i read that they might have another one later on in the story. not sure of i like it or not but i think i can see the reason why. or is it fan's over thinking? :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 5th, '10, 17:56

Well, it might be fans over-thinking and I hope it is. Are you sure they didn't just mention the swap back to their original bodies?
Also, do they have any reason to believe so or are they just expressing opinions? Did the story leak or is it just speculation?

As much as I laughed with the body swap and all, I do want them to be "them" again. Cause the romance has to progress now.
Also, I'm just too tired to be afraid of a tragic ending now. Plus, they have been dangling the "danger" a bit too much, I would say.
I guess a shorter body swap would be ok and if for good reason, but it would have to be in a more serious context and later on.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 5th, '10, 18:13

no, it is talk about 2nd body swap after they have gone back to their original body. it as quoted from some Korean fan sites. the reason for it being RI getting some sort of disease that requires lots of money. also something about rain and that it has something to do with their body swap :scratch:
seriously, when i think this drama can't get any weirder (in a veeeeeeeeeeeery good way) than this. :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 5th, '10, 18:30

No disease! Keep diseases away from this! I will keelhaul them if someone gets ill! And no, getting cancer but just not dying before the end of the series is NOT a happy ending.
A happy ending is one where there is the prospect of them living happily together till old age. Cancer kills. Sometimes later, sometimes earlier, but it kills. I hope this is just a rumor.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Dec 5th, '10, 22:40

Reading the breakdown of the 7'th epi at Dramabeans, got me really excited. Hope the subs will be soon!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 5th, '10, 23:03

They'll be a bit late again since Viikii changed to Viki and they have a whole list of problems to fix and things to learn with the new website and all. But hopefully, they won't be too long.

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 6th, '10, 13:46

Hi all i like to introduce my self
i've been in Drama world for years
i didn't write in this forum from a while so busy :p
but this drama and your comments guys really attracted me

i am finished with 6
and i am downloading 7 & 8
i searched for the soft sub but seem nothing yet XD
and viikii not working these days what a time X(

thoughts ..

same as many of you am very disapionted with the kiss scene x,x
but watching hyunbin in lady act is so funny XD

the singing guy is somwhow anoying me but his song was lovely <3

hmmm hi again :p and i hope we will enjoy this drama more n more ^.^

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Dec 6th, '10, 17:28

Just a thought, but what if...

if what Issy wrote is correct then I'm thinking Ra Im will get hurt during the audion or filming of the movie Dark Blood (the script the director gave her/him). I mean we don't have many episodes left (almost in the middle and she hasn't gone to the audition yet). It's Ra Im's dream to be a great action star / pull off great stunts. Since the script allows her to do great stunts then she most likely will get hurt so badly that recovering needs a lot of money.
So Joo Won comes out as a hero, figures out who made them switch their bodies the first time, then contacts the aunt / Ra im's dad, switches body again.. and dies :whistling:

..well the last part might not be true, since all the previous talks and facts and what not point to a more happier ending. But let's just guess that he dies, now wouldn't that make a lot of haters of the series? :P which makes you think the script writer(s) can't be that dumb to make the watchers hate the series, can it?

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 7th, '10, 00:22

Now that a few subs are out, I finally starting watching this. I've seen the first three eps and I'm really loving the chemistry between Ha Ji Won and Hyn Bin. I'm honestly surprised the body/soul switch hasn't happened. Before starting the show, I was expecting it to happen in the second episode. My only gripe is that we don't get enough Yoo In Na. :P

I recall that before this show started others were wary about the "melodramatic" aspect of this show. So far (the eps that' I've seen), this show has been for the most part comical. But I'm starting to wonder if this show will turn out like the Japanese movie Switching - Goodbye Me. Has anyone else seen this movie?

s3xs1

Post by s3xs1 » Dec 7th, '10, 05:16

Hi!

I think the subtitles for episodes 7 and 8 shall be released today. They did it like that the previous week also.

The softsubs work with the 720p HanRel also ... rename them to match the video file's name.

The links will be, as always, in the first post of those episodes releases on d-a = dedicated torrent page.

Take care!

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 7th, '10, 07:20

Subs for ep 7 are out at viki

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '10, 11:13

arakira wrote:Subs for ep 7 are out at viki
Thanks alot Ara-chan for letting us know and also many thanks for HD version uploads. :salut:
not to forget Viki's subbing team for providing such a fast subs.
:salut: :salut: :salut:

this is funny but i think SBS has run out of idea for making posters for their dramas. don't you think you have seen this some where? :P

here comes the answer

marit
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by marit » Dec 7th, '10, 18:49

Jav_sol wrote:But I'm starting to wonder if this show will turn out like the Japanese movie Switching - Goodbye Me. Has anyone else seen this movie?
How did the movie end?

and it's the first time I see they have used the Neuschweinstein castle from Germany on the SG poster. It's like the dream castle. Which makes you wonder if they plan to bring the castle into the story or is it just there for eye-candy. If they do bring the castle into the story then they most likely have to bring Mary Poppins look a like Joo Won also into the story. hmm :scratch: .. alright most likely not. Nice nice castle though, sad it won't be in the story.

mariko_m

Post by mariko_m » Dec 7th, '10, 19:28

Hi, this is a message for Ethlenn's friends. She has a little problem with the Internet and she doesn't know when she's online. But don't worry she's OK :-)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Dec 7th, '10, 20:25

Yep. We have all been waiting for her return. There was speculation she had connection problems, I guess that was true. Thanks for letting us know. ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Dec 7th, '10, 20:57

mariko_m, thanks for informing us. Say hi to her from me :D
(btw, are you the one who likes mr. oguri??)

mariko_m

Post by mariko_m » Dec 7th, '10, 21:45

Hai :D Now I'm watching the "Summer snow" - thanks for your advice - it's great!

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '10, 23:20

mariko_m wrote:Hi, this is a message for Ethlenn's friends. She has a little problem with the Internet and she doesn't know when she's online. But don't worry she's OK :-)
:salut: Thanks for letting us know dear mariko. i was getting worried myself but ori-chan assured me that E-chan is fine.
nice to have you here with us dear. any friend of E-chan aaaand Mr Oguri is friend of ours. :P Summer Snow is very good drama. I seriously fell in love with shun in there. he was very young but very good in his character.

mabaydar

Post by mabaydar » Dec 7th, '10, 23:53

I am totally in love with Secret Garden drama. I prefer the story line before they switch soul than after they switched. But then again, I give full mark for their acting wise "Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won". As expected from A-list cast, they never bored me. Even just looking at them make me excited. Oscar also play a big funny role. I love when they meet with Oscar after their soul switch. He can really act well too.

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 8th, '10, 00:46

I was getting a little worried. But I'm glad she's fine :)

I just finished downloading ep7 and 8, and the subs for 7 are out... and it's taking all of my self control not to watch it yet. GRAH. Hahahahah

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Dec 8th, '10, 00:58

marit wrote:
Jav_sol wrote:But I'm starting to wonder if this show will turn out like the Japanese movie Switching - Goodbye Me. Has anyone else seen this movie?
How did the movie end?
Don't read if you plan on watching the movie. I thought it was good.
Towards the end, while the boy's soul is inside the girl's body, her body gets diagnosed with a terminal illness. Up until that point, the movie didn't have a serious tone, it had been fun.

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 8th, '10, 06:12

yayyyyy!! 7 & 8 are out :p

janajee

Post by janajee » Dec 9th, '10, 04:56

As for Ep. 7 and 8
Aaaaah, I'm so so happy. I absolutely adored the chemistry between the actors. My most memorable parts where they would do the whole mystical Joo Won is Joo Won and Ra Im is Ra Im thing because I believe it gives a nice touch to it. I felt really bad for the director though, because of what Joo Won as Ra Im did to him. Poor man, but I believe he made no appearance in ep 8, right? Awww, poor creepy man. Also, I love how Ra Im as Joo Won pretty much freaked everybody out with his kindness, and I know a lot of people here are more excited with the switch back, but I was having so much fun with them switching that I felt they could have milked it more. But I am excited as to how they're relationship would develop now that they've switched back.

Best thing Joo Won said to Ra Im for in this was when he told Ra Im that he would pay more of his taxes if he knew he was raising her. So so so so cute. The most adorable thing ever, and it made me really go awwwwww, Joo Won, you're so eccentric but I love you.
Ah, episode 9, I hope, is going to be so fun. XD