So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 8th, '11, 12:32

Ethlenn wrote:Reading the topic title is such a strenuous work, I know...

And I found my new love - New Tales of Gisaeng! I'm addicted!! :mrgreen:
I have not even dled it yet :crazy: and have not watched Midas and Royal Family :-( no subs. Just so busy with books and assignments that not doing anything else and it's such a headache.
But :P I did started watching Lovers. :whistling: Don't judge me. Ok? :pale:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 8th, '11, 12:47

I liked Lovers, mainly because of the Right Hand Man, keke...

Viikii team subs NToG, I'm at ep 12 and I'm just biting my table right now...
Royal Family I watch only because of Jun Noh Mo :wub:

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 8th, '11, 12:56

Ji Sung is the only reason for me to be interested in RF. :wub:

Ps will bother you for NToG subs later :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jav_sol
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 16th, '07, 00:24

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 9th, '11, 00:48

Almost done with My Princess. Tough keeping my finger from pressing the skip forward button. :roll

Not sure if I want to start Twinkle Twinkle, doesn't sound too original, expect for the title. :D

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 9th, '11, 22:05

I am now watching Painter of the Wind. I'm big fan of MGY ever since MMM :clap:

Finished up some very good jdramas to help me get over SG and 2 particularly lame & CRAPPY twdramas.
:cussing: :lol

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 11th, '11, 21:31

So...Im at the 3rd ep of Midas, but I don't know , I guess Im gonna stop watching it , yeah may be !
I watched the firt 2 ep of " Thorn birds" and I did like iit !
BTW, I think I have a crush for Kim Sung Oh, , while I was watching ep 17 of Sign, he showed up , and my herat sart beating so fast hhaha no seriously he's gooooooooooooooooood <3, add to sign, midas and jejoongwon .waaah Im seeing him everywhere !

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 12th, '11, 20:59

Today I tried watching Green Rose but I had no interest in it what so ever. Fastforwarded first 2 episodes... Started a jdrama Nagare-something, doesn't seem like much, though. Just tried Lovers. Watched first episode and I like it. Very promising.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 12th, '11, 21:04

We are at episode 2 of What's up, fox? and we haven't kicked and hit our couches this badly for a while. We've been laughing non-stop. This series is totally whack! Loving it!

User avatar
kiddygrade
Posts: 412
Joined: Apr 5th, '05, 14:22

Post by kiddygrade » Mar 12th, '11, 21:09

Pasta!!!

User avatar
jubies33
Posts: 188
Joined: Jul 17th, '10, 04:15
Location: U.S.A.

Post by jubies33 » Mar 13th, '11, 02:07

yes what's up fox is hilarious. Love that drama. I just finished queen of reversals and it was sooo good. 31 episodes seems long but it flew by for me. Haven't made up my mind what to watch next.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 13th, '11, 13:30

Orion1986 wrote:We are at episode 2 of What's up, fox? and we haven't kicked and hit our couches this badly for a while. We've been laughing non-stop. This series is totally whack! Loving it!
I started What's up Fox too. It's really good so far! :cheers:

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 13th, '11, 14:04

I'm still devotedly watching All My Love and High Kick Through The Roof (damn those 100+ episodes!). But, I haven't gotten sick of either one yet, which is a good sign.
I also started Jungle Fish 2 just yesterday, and damn, it's so good! I literally had no expectations, it has a few idols and relatively unknown young actors, but they are good! Even Lee Joon (of MBLAQ), who I expected to be worse than bad, is good and very natural. I might even start liking him after this! :)
I also like the unconventional setting/plot. My own high school years weren't that dramatic (just some underage drinking and teenage mothers), but I can imagine these things happening. I'm glad they don't always just sugarcoat it all. Good for Korean dramas for tackling some difficult issues as well!

User avatar
jubies33
Posts: 188
Joined: Jul 17th, '10, 04:15
Location: U.S.A.

Post by jubies33 » Mar 13th, '11, 18:49

Hmm. I am starting new tales of gisaeng but maybe I will add in jungle fish 2 it looks a kind of interesting. Might be good for a change.

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 14th, '11, 01:58

I went with NToG and... is this me or dramas are so confusing those times? First totally random My Princess (which stopped at some point be random and started to be boring which is even worse so maybe I should stop this right here..) now I can't understand another main (one of) lead
Good to have Midas but subtitles are so slow to come

User avatar
gensigayo
Posts: 38
Joined: Aug 4th, '10, 09:03

Post by gensigayo » Mar 14th, '11, 11:58

Currently watching My princess, it started as good but i don't know why I suddenly stop at episode 13 it took me 3days before I finished the episode 13.....its like im not interested anymore what will happened for the last 3 episode but then i will still keep watching...haaayyyy. Ive been waiting for 49days.

I saw the SIGN at the korean drama org website, the rating was high. Must be good drama..anybody who watched sign??

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 14th, '11, 13:45

gensigayo wrote: I saw the SIGN at the korean drama org website, the rating was high. Must be good drama..anybody who watched sign??
Still didnt watch the last 2 eps ( my connex sucks this days )T_T ,I love that drama, Im not saying its perfect but its gooood ( for me :D ) , if u dont mind watching "medical " dramas than u may like this one , there s- a little- romance too but its not about it anyway !

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 14th, '11, 19:48

Ethlenn wrote:I liked Lovers, mainly because of the Right Hand Man, keke...

Viikii team subs NToG, I'm at ep 12 and I'm just biting my table right now...
Royal Family I watch only because of Jun Noh Mo :wub:
Few days ago I started to watch Lovers. And now I know why you like it - Kim Nam Gil acting all shy and cute. ;D The drama is very balanced. There is action, there are jokes, there are drama... I like it.

I couldn't have guessed it that Kim Nam Gil could act that cute, to be honest. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '11, 19:53

Oh, he could act as a fridge or microwave if he wanted. He could read a phone book and I would be thrilled and be biting my tables all around.
And no, I'm not obsessed. :whistling:

User avatar
The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 692
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 07:30

Post by The Chaos » Mar 17th, '11, 19:34

watching Queen of Reversals at the start it was bit boring but I'm liking it now and I'm at ep 4 ^^

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '11, 19:42

Oh damn, I'm more and more captivated by Royal Family. I wouldn't mind any extention, keke...

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 17th, '11, 20:01

Ethlenn wrote:Oh damn, I'm more and more captivated by Royal Family. I wouldn't mind any extention, keke...
Please, don't make me suffer more E-chan. I love this drama and I can't find any sub except ep1 ( have not checked viki for two days though) :cry:

User avatar
Jav_sol
Posts: 390
Joined: Aug 16th, '07, 00:24

Post by Jav_sol » Mar 18th, '11, 02:15

Ok, so Twinkle Twinkle was a total yawn fest. I won't be able to take it for 50 eps.
I think I'll start Midas since the first subs are out.

cool_drama
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 122
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 22:34
Location: Nor Cal

Post by cool_drama » Mar 18th, '11, 02:21

^.^

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 15:28

After 4 or 5 tries, I will attempt to finish Secret Garden. This is the last time.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '11, 15:35

iluvasiandrama wrote:After 4 or 5 tries, I will attempt to finish Secret Garden. This is the last time.
I'm not sure if you will like it if you have tried before for 4 or 5 tries. maybe you should leave it behind. by 5-6 ep if it has not attracted your attention, then i don't think it will as eps progress. You need some enthusiastic for characters to follow their adventure. if they failed to engage you in anyway trying again is not going to make you start caring/liking them. :whistling:

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 18th, '11, 17:43

Ethlenn wrote:Oh damn, I'm more and more captivated by Royal Family. I wouldn't mind any extention, keke...
Toootally agree !
Ji Sung :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 18th, '11, 17:57

Issy wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:After 4 or 5 tries, I will attempt to finish Secret Garden. This is the last time.
I'm not sure if you will like it if you have tried before for 4 or 5 tries. maybe you should leave it behind. by 5-6 ep if it has not attracted your attention, then i don't think it will as eps progress. You need some enthusiastic for characters to follow their adventure. if they failed to engage you in anyway trying again is not going to make you start caring/liking them. :whistling:
I'm not sure if I agree. I have a habit of finishing everything that I watch for over 2 episodes. If I watch the first episode and don't like it, I drop it. But if it's ok, I continue and then feel that I have to finish it no matter what. But it's not always a bad thing. Some dramas start with a bang and keep you hooked until then end starts dragging. Then there are some dramas that start soooooo damn slowly, but if you hang in there, you'll probably be on the edge of your seat till the end.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 17:57

Issy wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:After 4 or 5 tries, I will attempt to finish Secret Garden. This is the last time.
I'm not sure if you will like it if you have tried before for 4 or 5 tries. maybe you should leave it behind. by 5-6 ep if it has not attracted your attention, then i don't think it will as eps progress. You need some enthusiastic for characters to follow their adventure. if they failed to engage you in anyway trying again is not going to make you start caring/liking them. :whistling:
Well the other times I was pre-occupied with other dramas and my neighbor insists that the body-switching was only one or two episodes so I will skip through those and give it one last go. I'm not expecting to fall in love with it at this point but I hate to leave it because I am a fan of both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won. :roll
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Mar 18th, '11, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 18:02

SSpiegel wrote:
Issy wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:After 4 or 5 tries, I will attempt to finish Secret Garden. This is the last time.
I'm not sure if you will like it if you have tried before for 4 or 5 tries. maybe you should leave it behind. by 5-6 ep if it has not attracted your attention, then i don't think it will as eps progress. You need some enthusiastic for characters to follow their adventure. if they failed to engage you in anyway trying again is not going to make you start caring/liking them. :whistling:
I'm not sure if I agree. I have a habit of finishing everything that I watch for over 2 episodes. If I watch the first episode and don't like it, I drop it. But if it's ok, I continue and then feel that I have to finish it no matter what. But it's not always a bad thing. Some dramas start with a bang and keep you hooked until then end starts dragging. Then there are some dramas that start soooooo damn slowly, but if you hang in there, you'll probably be on the edge of your seat till the end.
Ditto. I really like the leads in their other dramas.
:offtopic:
The storyline for the first 6-7 episodes was pretty good until the switch. I felt that they dragged it out and it threw the story off course in a sense so I dropped it thinking that they would remain switched but I was mistaken. I was told that after episode 8, they go back to themselves.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '11, 18:16

SSpiegel wrote: I'm not sure if I agree. I have a habit of finishing everything that I watch for over 2 episodes. If I watch the first episode and don't like it, I drop it. But if it's ok, I continue and then feel that I have to finish it no matter what. But it's not always a bad thing. Some dramas start with a bang and keep you hooked until then end starts dragging. Then there are some dramas that start soooooo damn slowly, but if you hang in there, you'll probably be on the edge of your seat till the end.
well, everyone is different in watching dramas. i have 4ep rule ( which most of time is extended to 6-8ep) in watching dramas. if they fail to attract my attention, I am sure they wont after giving them more chances (most of times i fall in love with my favourite drama by ep1. but it continuing to be my favourite is another subject). plus, i probably loose my interest waiting for the drama to pick up (if it picks up at all) and just having some good eps by the end, does not satisfy me enough. it might work for longer dramas but with short ones, i doubt it. :lol

@iluvasiandrama
In this case, you might re-start SG from ep1 and re-watch the whole thing without skipping body-switching eps. because if though i don't see the point in it, but at the same times you will be missing some important developments in over all story. specially between the two leads.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 20:54

Issy wrote:
SSpiegel wrote: I'm not sure if I agree. I have a habit of finishing everything that I watch for over 2 episodes. If I watch the first episode and don't like it, I drop it. But if it's ok, I continue and then feel that I have to finish it no matter what. But it's not always a bad thing. Some dramas start with a bang and keep you hooked until then end starts dragging. Then there are some dramas that start soooooo damn slowly, but if you hang in there, you'll probably be on the edge of your seat till the end.
well, everyone is different in watching dramas. i have 4ep rule ( which most of time is extended to 6-8ep) in watching dramas. if they fail to attract my attention, I am sure they wont after giving them more chances (most of times i fall in love with my favourite drama by ep1. but it continuing to be my favourite is another subject). plus, i probably loose my interest waiting for the drama to pick up (if it picks up at all) and just having some good eps by the end, does not satisfy me enough. it might work for longer dramas but with short ones, i doubt it. :lol

@iluvasiandrama
In this case, you might re-start SG from ep1 and re-watch the whole thing without skipping body-switching eps. because if though i don't see the point in it, but at the same times you will be missing some important developments in over all story. specially between the two leads.
Issy
I watched most of the body switching right up until the jail scene so from what I understand I won't be skipping that much. From what I read online, It's only one full episode after - that still has the body switching. I plan to skip some scenes and watch some scenes on that episode so that I know what's going on.

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 19th, '11, 03:51

I'm so addicted with High Kick Through the Roof, I'm actually wishing there were more hours in the day. I've already spent 3 all-nighters on this and I'm still on episode 100 (out of 126)! I just want to know how it ends, goddamnit! Especially since the ending is supposed to be really awful. I'm sooo close to just spoiling myself. Well, a few more nights and I'm done. Uni can wait!

User avatar
gensigayo
Posts: 38
Joined: Aug 4th, '10, 09:03

Post by gensigayo » Mar 19th, '11, 08:24

im currently watching ATHENA. im episode 5

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '11, 10:25

I'm watching Lovers, it's good. But I'm consider watching a few USA dramas again. The new episodes(it's more like seasons, because I haven't watched them in 2 or 3 years). I feel like a traitor. ;D

JYNaRa
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 21st, '10, 08:13

Post by JYNaRa » Mar 19th, '11, 11:17

I'm watching Beethoven virus, I'm kind of downloading everything that's Jang Geun Suk-related and watching it lol XD from newest and going backwards.

I'm in episode 6 and thinking about dropping it, because I don't like dramas that doesn't hold a love story inside, and even if it did, I don't want to see JGS suffer :'( ...(LOL)...

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 19th, '11, 12:50

I think Bethoveen Virus had a love story in it. I'm not use, though. I haven't watched it.

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 19th, '11, 13:12

Neliets wrote:I think Bethoveen Virus had a love story in it. I'm not use, though. I haven't watched it.
It does have a love story but
Not for JKS character. In better words، she changed her mind and that what made hate her character even more.
Over all, I think it was JKS's best drama. When he was a manly man (or atleast looked like one) and used his talent not his look.

JYNaRa
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 21st, '10, 08:13

Post by JYNaRa » Mar 19th, '11, 13:48

Issy wrote:
Neliets wrote:I think Bethoveen Virus had a love story in it. I'm not use, though. I haven't watched it.
It does have a love story but
Not for JKS character. In better words، she changed her mind and that what made hate her character even more.
Over all, I think it was JKS's best drama. When he was a manly man (or atleast looked like one) and used his talent not his look.
yes, my point exactly .. I only started it out to watch JGS (or JKS :P ), if I would continue then it would be to watch the manly man of talents not looks ^^ (I liked what you said :D hehe).
If not, the reason will be what you also said. :-)

User avatar
Helanite
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 24th, '06, 17:14
Location: Canada

Post by Helanite » Mar 19th, '11, 14:53

I'm currently watching Midas and 49 days! they are both made of awesome!! especially 49 days! it only came out this week, and I'm already hooked helplessly on it! it also helps that it has Bae soo bin, one of my favorite male actors! the story is also very unique! I would definately reccomend it to anyone! if you want quick subs, go to darksmurfsub.com ! they bring out subs really fast (usually within a week of the release of the episode), granted the quality isn't the best, but its better then waiting in agony for subs that take a while! :crazy:
Midas is a cool drama full of lots of sneaky plotting!( gotta love the plotting!) and some potential mush/ romance! :wub:

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 19th, '11, 15:31

JYNaRa wrote:
Issy wrote:
Neliets wrote:I think Bethoveen Virus had a love story in it. I'm not use, though. I haven't watched it.
It does have a love story but
Not for JKS character. In better words، she changed her mind and that what made hate her character even more.
Over all, I think it was JKS's best drama. When he was a manly man (or atleast looked like one) and used his talent not his look.
yes, my point exactly .. I only started it out to watch JGS (or JKS :P ), if I would continue then it would be to watch the manly man of talents not looks ^^ (I liked what you said :D hehe).
If not, the reason will be what you also said. :-)
Hmmm... I guess I was the only one who thought JGS was absolutely smouldering hot in Beethoven Virus. ㅋㅋㅋ

JYNaRa
Posts: 7
Joined: Apr 21st, '10, 08:13

Post by JYNaRa » Mar 19th, '11, 16:20


Hmmm... I guess I was the only one who thought JGS was absolutely smouldering hot in Beethoven Virus. ㅋㅋㅋ
anyaaa, I didn't explain well, I wouldn't watch the drama for the same reason, it's that other one. the one about the girl ^^

and frankly, I like JGS's acting, it convinces whether he's supposed to be normal or cool. I like him no matter what ... and nope you aren't the only one :D there is two of us lol

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 19th, '11, 16:55

Read carefully, ladies, WE ALL liked him in BV. He looked like a guy could look. Issy wrote that. :whistling:

I sterted to watch 8 Days of Jeongjo's Assassination. For any fan of sageuk^^

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 19th, '11, 21:09

Ive just read the viki's notice about " Royal Family " and thats making me reeeaally sad !
Anyway , I guess Ill have to wait a long time to get good subs , I know Iknow I shouldnt be complaining but that drama ... :wub:

User avatar
jubies33
Posts: 188
Joined: Jul 17th, '10, 04:15
Location: U.S.A.

Post by jubies33 » Mar 20th, '11, 02:01

Nellets I know what you mean.... I have taken to watching reruns of house,csi and law and order svu during the weekdays..who says US doesn't have good dramas??(don't kill me I still love k-dramas the best hehe) There is not any current us drama I am interested in right now but the sitcom modern family is hilarious and so is big bang theory. I am still watching gisaeng but starting 49 days tonight and there are a few others I want to try out. There are actually way too many dramas I want to see. Just thinking about it makes my head spin and that's just k-dramas. Then there are the j-dramas and tw's dramas and movies......how do I choose...

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '11, 12:50

Huh. Finished Lovers today. To be honest, a good drama, not really addictive or anything, just good. My sister told me to watch Sign. First episode was very, very boring. 2nd was better but 3rd seems to be quite boring, too... Should I just watch and wait for something interesting?

Jubbies, the only US tv-show I've watched after I seriously started kdramas is The Big Bang Theory, and it was very good. Basically I haven't watched US dramas for 2 years. ;D I'm kinda curious about what happened in Dexter, Californication, Reaper, Greek, Chuck, Burn Notice and The Cleaner. Not sure that all of these were continued.

Since quite a long time ago, I started to write down dramas I've watched in a notebook. I started it way before I knew anything about Korea. I have written down every single drama I have watched, these past few years. Huh.. Friends, Rues of Engagement, The Cleaner etc and then, out of nowhere, Goong. Then Burn notice, Royal Pains and again what the f* - I Am Sam, a bit later - My Girl. Then Witch Amusement, Dr. Kkaeng. Then Harper's Island and starting from there - only korean or japanese dramas, up till Big Bang Theory and kdramas after that... Lovers(drama I finished today) was my 91st finished drama. Getting very close to 100, huh. <I wanted to write something about how it brings memories but I'll just leave that part out>.

I have school break for one week, I should learn Korean... but... you know... I'm quite lazy :x

Ok, I'm off to watch Sign and be bored.

User avatar
middlefour
Posts: 93
Joined: Jan 16th, '09, 00:04

Post by middlefour » Mar 20th, '11, 12:50

Currently on the last stretch of Paradise Ranch. Two more eps to be exact.

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '11, 16:15

Neliets wrote:Huh. Finished Lovers today. To be honest, a good drama, not really addictive or anything, just good. My sister told me to watch Sign. First episode was very, very boring. 2nd was better but 3rd seems to be quite boring, too... Should I just watch and wait for something interesting?

Jubbies, the only US tv-show I've watched after I seriously started kdramas is The Big Bang Theory, and it was very good. Basically I haven't watched US dramas for 2 years. ;D I'm kinda curious about what happened in Dexter, Californication, Reaper, Greek, Chuck, Burn Notice and The Cleaner. Not sure that all of these were continued.

Since quite a long time ago, I started to write down dramas I've watched in a notebook. I started it way before I knew anything about Korea. I have written down every single drama I have watched, these past few years. Huh.. Friends, Rues of Engagement, The Cleaner etc and then, out of nowhere, Goong. Then Burn notice, Royal Pains and again what the f* - I Am Sam, a bit later - My Girl. Then Witch Amusement, Dr. Kkaeng. Then Harper's Island and starting from there - only korean or japanese dramas, up till Big Bang Theory and kdramas after that... Lovers(drama I finished today) was my 91st finished drama. Getting very close to 100, huh. <I wanted to write something about how it brings memories but I'll just leave that part out>.

I have school break for one week, I should learn Korean... but... you know... I'm quite lazy :x

Ok, I'm off to watch Sign and be bored.
Oh, yes. It got interesting(Sign). It's more than just interesting now. Somewhere between 2 and 6th episode I got tangled in it ;D

User avatar
jubies33
Posts: 188
Joined: Jul 17th, '10, 04:15
Location: U.S.A.

Post by jubies33 » Mar 20th, '11, 19:51

nellets I have not seen sign but from what I hear some think it is pretty good and others not so much. If your bored with it though I wouldn't waste your time with it. There are a lot of really good k-dramas out there. I just finished queen of reversals and it was excellent, I am now watching new tales of gisaeng and 49 days both of which seem good and are at least not boring. not yet anyway.I have heard white tower is an amazing drama, I will probably watch that next, or family's honor. some recent dramas I have heard are good are secret investigation record(like a korean x-files), pasta, athena:godess of war, giant,comrades,jejoongwan,harvest villa, my girlfriend is a gumiho and king geunchogo. Ones that I have seen recently and would recommend are secret garden, coffee house, prosecutor princess, sunkyunkwan scandal, the woman who still wants to marry and city hall and if you like singing and dancing and don't mind some poor acting then you could try dream high. I really enjoyed it and wasn't bored at all.

User avatar
jubies33
Posts: 188
Joined: Jul 17th, '10, 04:15
Location: U.S.A.

Post by jubies33 » Mar 20th, '11, 19:51

middlefour, how is paradise ranch?

User avatar
Neliets
Posts: 824
Joined: Aug 2nd, '09, 17:35
Location: Latvia

Post by Neliets » Mar 20th, '11, 20:24

I wanted to take a little break from Sign, so I downloaded That Fool. Watching it now for the 2nd time but still I feel happy and laugh. I've only watched one pisode, though.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 20:46

We're at the 5th time here. Or 6th? Lost count. Ahaha. That Fool is really a wonderful series.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 20th, '11, 21:18

Ohohoho, the writer for New Tales of Gisaeng changed. Wonder if this affects the events. Right now I'm happy the ratings are getting higher. Less happy about the break-up. And happy to see Ah Damo crying, keke... :wub: Aaaarrrrgh! How am I supposed to wait a week??

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 21:41

I can show you that creep photoshoot. You would go into a shock or coma for a few days. I almost did too. For other reasons, though. :heart:

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '11, 21:58

Orion1986 wrote:I can show you that creep photoshoot. You would go into a shock or coma for a few days. I almost did too. For other reasons, though. :heart:
I would not say no to that photoshoot Ori :mrgreen: As you know, same reasons applies to me too
:whistling:

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 22:45

I'll have to guide you through it if you want to convert it cause converting it for my TV was Hell. And I still couldn't join the damn files. So I watched it in sex, I mean, six parts.
Had to stop at part 3, go take a shower and watch the rest after it. And I still find myself opening the fridge to find glasses or the cupboard to get milk. I'm in fangirl mode..
Last edited by Orion1986 on Mar 20th, '11, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 20th, '11, 22:54

Orion1986 wrote:I can show you that creep photoshoot. You would go into a shock or coma for a few days. I almost did too. For other reasons, though. :heart:
Im gonna go into a shoock too :alcoholic: so many good dramas at the moment ! Il become crazy soooooon ! If I dion't faint away before that :alcoholic:

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 22:57

Are you also afraid of Kang Dong Won, by any chance? Man... The people that would suffer if I actually spammed threads with his pictures and videos...
Thankfully, I'm not much of a sadist. Or a fangirl. Well, not THAT kind of a fangirl. Not to so many people. Only the ones I love... Maybe I am a sadist...

Sham26, would Dong Won do or are you generally looking to hibernate till next week like Ethlenn? What would get you to that point? I'll "help". Ahaha!

User avatar
Sham26
Posts: 607
Joined: Feb 24th, '10, 01:55
Location: Morocco
Contact:

Post by Sham26 » Mar 20th, '11, 23:16

Orion1986 wrote:Are you also afraid of Kang Dong Won? Man... The people that would suffer if I actually spammed threads with his pictures and videos...
Thankfully, I'm not a sadist. Or a fangirl. Well, not THAT kind of a fangirl. Not to so many people. Only the ones I love... Maybe I am a sadist...

Sham26, would Dong Won do or are you generally looking to hibernate till next week like Ethlenn? What would get you to that point? I'll "help". Ahaha!
Oh no no ! Thinking about Kang Dong Won reminds of "Psychic" and thats scaaares me so Its about waiting but Im more desesperate than Ethlenn cause , unlike her, I don't understand korean !
But how would you "help"? :w00t:

User avatar
Issy
Posts: 2891
Joined: Apr 16th, '06, 14:10
Location: London

Post by Issy » Mar 20th, '11, 23:17

Orion1986 wrote:I'll have to guide you through it if you want to convert it cause converting it for my TV was Hell. And I still couldn't join the damn files. So I watched it in sex, I mean, six parts.
Had to stop at part 3, go take a shower and watch the rest after it. And I still find myself opening the fridge to find glasses or the cupboard to get milk. I'm in fangirl mode..
Thanks alot Ori, I am in 7th heaven right now. :mrgreen:
and damn, :crazy: he was in London in 2005. trying to remember what i was doing back then? at that time, i just resigned my permanent job and was working free lance. oh, and i had no idea of KDW existence in this world. not even familiar with the word Korea. :| all I knew was Japan and Hiroyuki Sanada :P

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 20th, '11, 23:23

Sham26 wrote: Oh no no ! Thinking about Kang Dong Won reminds of "Psychic" and thats scaaares me so Its about waiting but Im more desesperate than Ethlenn cause , unlike her, I don't understand korean !
But how would you "help"? :w00t:
Well, I can spam you with hotness or fear. Enough till you go into a horror or fangirl coma till next week. Name your poison. Lol.
Issy wrote:Thanks alot Ori, I am in 7th heaven right now. :mrgreen:
and damn, :crazy: he was in London in 2005. trying to remember what i was doing back then? at that time, i just resigned my permanent job and was working free lance.
oh, and i had no idea of KDW existence in this world. not even familiar with the word Korea. :| all I knew was Japan and Hiroyuki Sanada :P
It's good that you didn't know of his existence. You'd have kidnapped the boy... And I've been in fangirl Heaven for over 24 hours already...
Isn't that photoshoot awesome? Isn't it just divine? And I went and found all the songs too. Ahaha. Damn... Will watch everyday, till I drop!

And I need a new drama too. Man... Gotta start looking again.

User avatar
middlefour
Posts: 93
Joined: Jan 16th, '09, 00:04

Post by middlefour » Mar 21st, '11, 05:43

At the moment, re-watching Iljimae
(I stopped it because of poor subs.)
jubies33 wrote:middlefour, how is paradise ranch?
Well, it's not brilliantly written nor perfectly acted. hehe
But it's okay, :D I actually found it better than My Princess.

User avatar
iluvasiandrama
Posts: 679
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 00:06
Location: USA

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 21st, '11, 06:13

I just started The Duo. :lol

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 21st, '11, 18:20

Has anyone watched Giant? I'm deeply in love with Hwang Jung Eum right now, so while I'm waiting for her new drama, I wanted to check out something else she's in. But Giant sounds a bit melodramatic, plus it's hella long (60 eps).

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1249
Joined: Feb 28th, '09, 15:13

Post by arakira » Mar 21st, '11, 18:21

Started 49 days...dang I should have waited till more eps are out...Waiting makes me all moody.

Put Midas on hold till the end of series and not daring to touch NToG before series is done;)

Gonna try the Duo and Sign instead.

Ori, lemme in on that mysterious photoshoot. You know it takes more than your creep to scare me :P

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 21st, '11, 21:34

@SSpiegel: Giant is one good drama. Long, but good^^

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 21st, '11, 23:20

But this time waiting part is well distributed for me:
Midas for Monday/Tuesday
49 Days/Royal family for Wednesday/Thursday
New tales... for weekend

If only I do not needed to wait for subtitles to undersand all :-(

BTW does he have some mental problem? Sister!? :goggle: I wouldn't be mad in her place I would just phone for medic team :glare:

el_canuck
Posts: 207
Joined: Apr 30th, '08, 18:38

Post by el_canuck » Mar 22nd, '11, 00:23

Just finished SIGN (downer) and will probably go and finish ATHENA now that the subs are all done. Trying to save some dramas for the trip to Japan and cruise. Makes waiting in airports a breeze, as long as I can plug in my laptop. One year a flight attendant walks by me and notices I am watching something (aisle seat). She asks what am I watching and I say Korean TV and she says "Yeah Sure". Some people have no clue as to what we watch (Chicago-Ottawa flight).
Last year on the cruise ship (in the Baltic Sea), I showed the stewards how to hook in to a flat screen TV (HDMI) and gave them (copied) all the dramas in my harddrive, I think I made some converts. I told them to pass on the videos to the rest of the crew, to share.

I do not know how anyone could like Paradise Ranch. The male star may be a good singer, but as an actor he sucks, keep the singing job.

User avatar
Helanite
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 24th, '06, 17:14
Location: Canada

Post by Helanite » Mar 22nd, '11, 01:41

i didn't mind him in paradise ranch. he actually did pretty good for his first time. I didn't like the female lead all that much. when she was crying, she looked like she was smiling! but that's just me! i probably wouldn't buy the drama though if it came out on dvd! there are some I'm waiting for impatiently to come out! sungkyunkwan scandal (which has another DBSK singer oddly enough), secret garden, my girlfriend is a gumiho and more! so many drama's to buy, so little money! :goggle:

User avatar
middlefour
Posts: 93
Joined: Jan 16th, '09, 00:04

Post by middlefour » Mar 22nd, '11, 03:18

Changmin's really bad at acting. He's so predictable and by the book.
Plot-wise, Paradise Ranch is pretty okay. Generic, yes, but okay.

el_canuck
Posts: 207
Joined: Apr 30th, '08, 18:38

Post by el_canuck » Mar 22nd, '11, 03:42

Since when is the "Looney" doing that well? Buy, are you nuts, DOWNLOAD. It's free, that is what this is all about.

Hook a laptop to a flatscreen TV and enjoy.

The last two episodes had 5.0% for 15 and 5.5% for 16, ratings that low only their parents were watching.

I'm sorry, dork face wrecked it for me and I used to live on a ranch. No not on Jeju.

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 22nd, '11, 08:14

I'm all for buying. You download if there is no other possibility (subtitles) and to check if it is good but if you can you still should buy. It is just what person shoud do. Whatever you call it it is some form of stealing, sorry to say. I have huge collectiond of CD and DVD, not so much with drama as most are out of print.

User avatar
Helanite
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 24th, '06, 17:14
Location: Canada

Post by Helanite » Mar 22nd, '11, 10:04

I've always been the type to support buying boxsets if the drama is good! why not buy the boxset if it comes out?! if you like a drama enough, you should buy it or encourage others to buy it so they'll keep bringing them out on dvd! i download first, like everyone else, but having to hitch up the laptop over and over to the tv is annoying to me, so I'd rather just buy it!

looking for a drama to watch on the weekends, seeing as 49 days, and midas are on monday-thursday. are there any good weekend drama's airing?

User avatar
Helanite
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 24th, '06, 17:14
Location: Canada

Post by Helanite » Mar 22nd, '11, 10:10

oh and if anyone is interested, i buy my boxsets at either yesasia.com, hanbooks.com, or sometimes rightstuff! hanbooks has the biggest collection i've seen for drama's , although, alot of the drama's are for region 3-6, but they still have alot for region's 1-2! makes me want to buy an all region dvd player to get the ones i'm missing! i found the soulmate drama at hanbooks! can't find it anywhere else! and the subtitles are awesome! two thumbs up!

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 10:32

This is heavily offtopic.

Weekend drama? I'm watching Twinkle Twinkle and NToG, but they are long ones (50 eps), so beware.

User avatar
Helanite
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 24th, '06, 17:14
Location: Canada

Post by Helanite » Mar 22nd, '11, 13:33

lol thanks! after watching dong yi, i think i'll be able to handle just about anything! boy that was long! but i enjoyed it! i was debating on twinkle twinkle, it looked interesting. any good?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest