So, What Kdrama are you currently watching?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jun 13th, '11, 14:45

trying to finish return of iljimae :-)) jung il woo is so cute...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 15th, '11, 04:35

It's 5h30am and Im watching "Family's Honor" , I'm at episode 31 so if you already watched this you can understand! PSH Im gonna sue you for my sleepless nights !
Add City Hunter , Greatest Love and Joseon X-files, OMG how am I still alive ?I wonder! :scratch:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 15th, '11, 05:30

So, right at the moment:

Lie to Me
Babyfaced Beauty
The Greatest Love
City Hunter
God's Quiz 2 and slowly rewatching Season 1 as well

Gotta love a full summer... XD

BSQUARE

Post by BSQUARE » Jun 15th, '11, 05:39

watching lie to me, city hunter and the greatest love

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '11, 17:54

Lie to Me - My weekly addiction source at the moment ^^
Miss Ripley - I'm not sure why I watch it, I guess because it's ok?
City Hunter - I have to say, not my thing but continuing anyway. Might drop it at some point though.
1% of Anything - Seems like a class b drama, but it has Kang Dong Won so... ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 17th, '11, 18:00

Watch Magic, woman. He's hot and evil there. Much more pleasing. Rawr...

middlefour

Post by middlefour » Jun 17th, '11, 19:03

I added The Greatest Love in my current list. I'm loving it! :))

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '11, 19:58

I have seen Magic already. That's why I'm on 1% of Anything. :mrgreen: It's not as good as Magic but his character so arrogant that I can't but just smile.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 18th, '11, 01:08

Shinning Inheritance- Despite the fact I've despised 4 characters throughout the first 19 episodes, first it was Hwan, him mom, his sister and the step mother, now it's the step mother, Seung Mi, Hwans mom and Hwans sister I still like it it's quite enjoyable

My Girl- it's fun

Gloria-

nurfatin

Post by nurfatin » Jun 18th, '11, 03:34

I'm currently watching 'Lie to Me', love Ji Hwan in this drama compare he in Coffee House... 'The Greatest Love', 'Can You Hear My Heart', 'City Hunter' and 'Miss Ripley'

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 18th, '11, 11:35

I'm currently sampling a few dramas.
Need to decide which to pick next, after I'm done with Greatest Love.

One curious thing I noticed, is that some translation recently ( at least to me ) started writing 'Unni' in some different variations 'Uenni' or 'Eonni' or such. This a fashion thing or a new way of romanization?

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jun 20th, '11, 13:09

i just finished return of iljimae. JUNG IL WOO is so so girly..haha :-)) now im watching queen of housewives. im enjoying it so far its funny im on episode 5. anyone here watched sign? was it good?

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 20th, '11, 14:42

gensigayo wrote:i just finished return of iljimae. JUNG IL WOO is so so girly..haha :-)) now im watching queen of housewives. im enjoying it so far its funny im on episode 5. anyone here watched sign? was it good?
Don't know abt Iljimaeso...
QoR gonna make your heart beat so freaking fast , sure PSH's the king of confessions !
About sign , it's one of my fav dramas , the plot was good , the acting , the technology , it 's may be too heavy to watch so many episodes in one day ,add to that the endin wasnt a happy one , give the first episodes a try :salut:

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jun 20th, '11, 15:02

i heart park shi hoo as well :-)) thank for the sign I'l give it a try :-))

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 20th, '11, 15:13

I think I will start on City Hunter now that I am about to catch up with latest eps of New Tale of Gisaeng. the drama is good enough to watch but sometimes you makes you think you are watching a documentary or something.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jun 29th, '11, 01:09

I'm currently on episode 6 of Marry Me Mary.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '11, 01:14

Myxale wrote:
One curious thing I noticed, is that some translation recently ( at least to me ) started writing 'Unni' in some different variations 'Uenni' or 'Eonni' or such. This a fashion thing or a new way of romanization?
Fashion? No, mostly people are to lazy/dumb to look up to the new romanization. In old system it would be "unni", in the new "eonni".
Uenni is a complete mistake.

@Biozombie: why?? So many dramas and you picked the overly 16-hour-long horror. Brr...

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jun 29th, '11, 02:08

So maaaaany people did like MMM it's tooo overrated like BOF , full house and so on...A waste of time !
Til now, I dont understand why ! Tastes ?

And Im gonna start "Conspiracy in the court", as a change !

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 29th, '11, 15:12

MMM sealed the deal of NEVER EVER wanting to see any drama with JKS for me. it's matter of taste of course.
I am watching City Hunter and loving it at the moment. getting to ep10, I really want to start on something else to make passing time waiting for new eps each week more bearable. LMH, you are way too young for me and I already have one dear KID, but I keep getting impressed by you. :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 29th, '11, 15:43

The Greatest Love ended, and new dramas I'm interested in start in July, so I'm catching up with oldies. Watching Star In My Heart (1995) and On Air. Well, apart from few currently airing dramas, of kors.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jun 30th, '11, 00:12

A Man Called God- I'm only 4 episodes in but I like it so far its very comicy but I understand its based on a manhwa so that makes sense.

On Air- its ok so far but at this point I like The World That They Live In, which is also about the people behind the scenes better, both the female leads in On Air annoy me so far, especially the writer I can't remember her name, but since I'm only 3 episodes in hopefully that will get better.

Heading to the Ground- its entertaining I don't think I'll see anything I haven't already predicted but its well enough done to keep me going.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jun 30th, '11, 13:17

Ethlenn wrote:@Biozombie: why?? So many dramas and you picked the overly 16-hour-long horror. Brr...
Thought it was OK, faded a bit. Was a bit let down by the ending. Gonna start either Sign or Painter Of Wind next.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 1st, '11, 14:24

Marathon of City Hunter. Currently on ep. 4.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 1st, '11, 15:54

On Air- I've changed my mind from earlier and I love it now I do however still hope the women grow up

Paradise Farm- I don't know why but I like personally I'm rooting for Da Ji and Dong Joo get back together because ever since I saw Joo Sang Wook in That Fool I haven't been able to stand him on sight
Last edited by Sajen16 on Jul 3rd, '11, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

Yul

Post by Yul » Jul 1st, '11, 16:40

Am watchin City Hunter ..........OMG am so into it

Other drama watching it on the side just to make time pass is can you hear my heart & baby-faced beauty.

Also, I just finished lie to me and 49 days.............So great drama's

Jaybocyclone

New to KDramas

Post by Jaybocyclone » Jul 3rd, '11, 03:20

I have an account on Hulu and randomly when i'm watching a show, for example Stargate, it would give me a commercial saying something like "89% of Stargate fans also enjoy The Dresden files" or something like that, just giving me ideas for new shows to watch. Well randomly one time it goes, "We think you would enjoy this show" and gave me a preview for a KDrama. Needless to say, since then i've been hooked. Anywho, not that you cared about how I got into KDramas, i'm still pretty new to them so i'm watching...

Just finished Coffee Prince and LOVED IT
Now about 10 episodes into Boys Over Flowers (or Boys Before Flowers as Hulu calls it)

Not sure what i'll move onto after I finish BOF but i'm definitely addicted to KDramas

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 6th, '11, 20:51

Started watching Baby faced beauty/Youthful Beauty. Waiting for more episodes of City Hunter. Dropped Heartstrings for obvious reasons. :salut:

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Jul 7th, '11, 00:21

City Hunter :)
And in between episodes I'm watching Boys Over Flowers. Currently on Episode 8.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 8th, '11, 09:34

watching City hunter ^^
I put both Lie To Me and Greatest love on-hold >__<

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 8th, '11, 15:47

Personal Taste- It's good not really sure what else to say

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 10th, '11, 18:21

Finished the greatest love and baby faced beauty. they take 1st and second for me of this years best dramas so far. Really had a great time watching them. Only bad thing is that they are over now :cry: Also finished manny and lie to me. Manny i only started watching for the kids and the hotness but It was so boring a few funny moments here and there but overall...i really don't know how i managed to finish it. Had more fun picking it apart than watching it. Lie to me..what a letdown. I guess i knew from the beginning not to expect to much but still I was really disappointed. Only reason i kept watching was for KJH and YEH they are so cute together I hope they do another drama together(a better drama). I am currently watching sexy hunter and i need romance both really good. I need romance is my new addiction. Also watching My love by my side, tw's drunken to love you. I will catch up with new tales of gisaeng when it finishes and romance town I hope to get back to eventually. I started call of the country and at ep 3 i am hooked. This is real funny. Hope it keeps up in this vein and doesn't go all dramatic on me. will also be starting myung wol the spy. My schedule is full. looks like i will be losing what little sleep i have. coffee is my friend.h

vella

Post by vella » Jul 10th, '11, 18:41

Currently watching City hunter, Heartstrings@You've fallen for me, and Ripley.
I really like CH, already watch until the most recent one, ep14. The plot is very nice and I like both of the main character, Yun Seung and Na Na.
Heartstring started sloopy but it is getting better and better, the most recent ep, ep4 really caught my interest.
Ripley is a bit boring..but I think I can still manage to watch until the end (why did they have to add 4 more episodes..ish).

I'm considering watching The greatest love. Luckily I didn't started watching Lie to me, still have so many Kdrama and Jdrama on my list.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 10th, '11, 23:23

"Family's Honor" on hold , yeah I know it takes me a long time to finish but it's okey , it's my first family drama so Im prettey proud of my self keke !
Still watching "City Hunter" , whish i still like , watching also "I Need Romance" that is very very addictive , wanted to see more dramas and however I read so many synopsis I don't find anything that captured my attention , that's very strange ! :scratch:

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 10th, '11, 23:58

Was a toss up between Sign, Fugitive Plan B, Coffee House and Oh My Lady. I've gone for Coffee House.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jul 12th, '11, 22:56

Baby faced beauty & City Hunter

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 13th, '11, 23:09

Im watching "Smile, you " so addictive and funny , also "Goodbye Solo" Im at ep03 ! all this while waiting desperatly for subs for "I need romance" :cry:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 14th, '11, 00:35

After finished Lie to Me I started I Need Romance and I really like it. I guess I'm in the mood for realistic romance series. Now I'm just waiting for new subs. ^^ While waiting I'm probably going to try Heartstrings. I'm not sure what to expect though.

Also, still struggling with City Hunter, Miss Ripley and 1% of Anything. If something is draggy it's 1% of Anything. I should really count how many times they have repeated "I'm not going to marry you", but that would take too much effort. >.< Kang Dong Won, my only reason...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 09:13

If you don't expect anything from Heartstrings, you may enjoy it. If you expect a bit of decency - fail.

Added Warrior Baek Dongsu and Romance Hunter to my list^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 14th, '11, 10:42

Watching I Need Romance - best kdrama in ages
Still following City Hunter and added Myeong Wol the Spy which is hilarious so far. Gonna try the Warrior Baek Dongsu today.
Dropped Lie to Me, 49 Days and Sign. I just can't be bothered to keep watching when better stuff is around.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 17th, '11, 09:22

I'm just about to start Coffee Prince.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jul 17th, '11, 09:53

I need Romance :wub: and City Hunter.
thinking of adding another one to the list though.
watched the 1st ep of Heartstrings and I am pretty sure that is not for me. :whistling:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 17th, '11, 23:56

I'm somewhere in the middle of The Greatest Love and Lie to me.

I downloaded A Man's Story quite a long time ago. But not long ago I watched the first episode and I started to really love it. The drama is very, very good but the ending, just like most of the dramas, is quite off. But still - really recommend this drama. From Plot it may seem like it's a very, very sad and intense drama but actually it's not that intense. The last 2 episodes were off, but the ENDING OF THE ENDINGS(with that I mean the very last 5 minutes of the last episode) were just perfect. No doubt. They left it on a very, very interesting note and damn I'd kill to see more. This drama is really made with some thought. It's not just random events happening, even though I don't approve few of those.

I may not make a lot of sense since it's 2:56 AM here :D

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 18th, '11, 01:12

watching I Need Romance, as you can tell from the signature :D, watching the first epi right now of heartstrings.....it ok....just ok right now, and WBDS- so far a good Sageuk drama. Will be watching Greatest Love and a oldie Gourmet. I heard its good. Will have some time in the future to add more in the list. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 18th, '11, 19:20

I tried to continue The Greatest Love but it's just too painful to watch. Dropped.

I should see if I can continue Try Lying To Me where I left off. I'm having doubts about this, too.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Jul 19th, '11, 06:25

ack!!! Can't believe you dropped greatest love. That was the best imo....ohhh well to each his own. I admit parts are painful but others are so sweet it makes my heart melt. Dokko jin! ok im done. Hope you find another drama that floats your boat :lol.............lie to me i don't recommend. I was kind of mad at myself for finishing it. i did it for YEH and KJH they are just too cute together but what a letdown....for me anyway. I would try i need romance if you haven't already. Extremely addictive.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 19th, '11, 17:25

Just finished Coffee Prince which I thought was great so I'm gonna start Princess Hours next I think.

shuzzack
Malaysia

Post by shuzzack » Jul 19th, '11, 19:12

currently watching City Hunter,Miss Ripley, New Tales of Gisaeng and i just finished Can You Hear My Heart.no one here watched CYHMY??one of the best kdrama in a long time imo.great actings,great storyline and i love everything about the drama.now i'm re-watching it again lol :D

oceane-marine

Post by oceane-marine » Jul 19th, '11, 19:26

-Fugitive Plan B
-City Hunter
-Heartstrings
-I need romance
-the greatest love
-crime squad
-coffee house

ArcadiaLynn

Post by ArcadiaLynn » Jul 20th, '11, 01:59

Just finished Lie to Me. I liked it, but it totally dragged the last few episodes. The cola kiss was so sexy though :D I Need Romance has got me hooked! I can't wait for the next episode, I need to start learning how to speak Korean. lol. Warrior Baek Dong Su started off really well, so I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint! Will probably start with City hunter soon.

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jul 20th, '11, 15:38

exactly one week resting for drama's, i don't know which drama shall I start after finishing greatest love..As much as I want to watch I need romance, I can't watch since there is no hanrel version or much lower size videos, im thinking about watching ON AIR until withs2 finish the subs for Lie to Me.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 24th, '11, 17:41

Had to throw the towel in on Princess Hours, just couldn't get into it so I am about to start Fantastic Couple.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 24th, '11, 19:26

As always - I'm fast. I just finished Harvest Villa. Huh, yesterday at 3pm I started watching it but now I've already finished it, and I did go to sleep. :>>>

But that's not why I posted here -
I recommend Harvest Villa to anyone. It's really a very unique story. You can basically laugh your ass off first episodes, later it gets a bit serious but still - you can laugh, but the last 4-6 episodes are serious ones.
I party disliked the ending. Not a fan of those "few seasons later"-kinda crap. I think ending was a bit too plain for a drama like this.

I decided to drop Try Lying To Me, too. I liked it at first(I liked Greatest Love at first, too) but I don't think that it will be able to entertain me anymore.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 27th, '11, 08:07

I'm currently watching Time Between Dog And Wolf. The first episode is just exceptionally boring. But it gets better. I feel that it will be very good. Anyhow, the lead girl is just... mmm... I think I love her :D I like that she is not as skinny as other actresses.
Anyhow, Lee JunKi is just lovely, just like in My Girl.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 27th, '11, 09:36

watching City Hunter and Fantasy Couple ^o^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 27th, '11, 09:52

Neliets wrote: Lee JunKi is just lovely, just like in My Girl.
I read "Lee Junki is a lovely girl".
Time Between Dog and Crap was one of the worst dramas for me, dropped that quickly, but everyone has one's own taste.
3 sageuks on my list: Warrior Baek Dongsu, Gyebaek and Princess' Man. Have to force myself to catch up with City Hunter. Plus, I Need Romance which is ending next week...

isath_021

Post by isath_021 » Jul 27th, '11, 16:42

i hope somebody will keep on seeding crime squad... i am a fan of ji hyo :D.. thanks...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 27th, '11, 17:11

Ethlenn wrote:
Neliets wrote: Lee JunKi is just lovely, just like in My Girl.
I read "Lee Junki is a lovely girl".
Time Between Dog and Crap was one of the worst dramas for me, dropped that quickly, but everyone has one's own taste.
3 sageuks on my list: Warrior Baek Dongsu, Gyebaek and Princess' Man. Have to force myself to catch up with City Hunter. Plus, I Need Romance which is ending next week...
I've only finished 3rd episode, but, yes, it seems like nothing much right now for me, too, but I'm still hoping for the best. But I do think that actors are doing quite well actually.

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Jul 27th, '11, 17:37

I just finish watching The Greatest Love. I enjoyed it very much.
City Hunter and Heartstrings are the two dramas that i am currently watching. I'll probably continue watching I Need Romance once City Hunter is finished.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 27th, '11, 21:24

Just finished Fantastic Couple and starting Oh My Lady.

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jul 28th, '11, 14:31

baby faced beauty episode 17

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Jul 28th, '11, 14:43

im thinking about watching LIE to ME but most of the viewers dropped this

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 29th, '11, 15:55

Greatest Love- I liked the beginning but the middle part is annoying me because I hate the doctor I'm in the middle of episode 10 how much longer do I have to wait before she goes to Dokko Jin?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 30th, '11, 21:44

I'm watching Time Between Dog and Wolf. Ethlenn said it was just plain crap, but I have to disagree. The beginning is quite long and a bit stupid, but it gets better. At least I think so. But the lead girl - is somehow very, very appealing. But that geeky co-worker is just, just very, very cute and lovely with her cute round eyes. :D

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Jul 31st, '11, 06:49

Harvest Villa- honestly it kind of throws me off I both love it and hate it at the same time

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 31st, '11, 19:45

Really enjoyed Oh My Lady and next up will Sign.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Aug 4th, '11, 07:08

Star's Lover- I've watched 2 1/2 episodes and I find the cast and story enjoyable so far but also the story seems to be moving too fast so something major must happen to through it off, right?

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 4th, '11, 09:34

Neliets wrote:I'm watching Time Between Dog and Wolf. Ethlenn said it was just plain crap, but I have to disagree. The beginning is quite long and a bit stupid, but it gets better. At least I think so. But the lead girl - is somehow very, very appealing. But that geeky co-worker is just, just very, very cute and lovely with her cute round eyes. :D
yes, people have different tastes. I also did not find TBDW "plain crap" I thought it was best of LJK's dramas. sometimes issues and personal feelings with actors/actresses themselves have great influence on how we see a drama. believe me, I have been there and I think I still am. :P

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Aug 4th, '11, 21:43

"Time between wolf and dog" was my first full-watched K-drama and I still love it even if begining is a bit too long. I still could kill main girl myself but you can't have it all. Besides dramas with LJK are among this small procentage those I like main guy the best so, I agree that actors have great influence..
I started after big break so: I started City Hunter now when it is over and have all subtitles so I do not need to have my fingers bitten (after I finished with nails :lol ).He has nice martial arts parts and he look beter here then in drama I would not even want to remember. And going to check "Protect the boss" simply to have pure joy with watching Jae smile :wub: ( silly me! :P ). And this ".. Spy" thing even if it is kind of stupid. I have bets with myself if I can see commerade from North (very handsome BTW, more then main guy) making any expresion without some kind of microscope thing to be able see it.. still sober but maybe someday..

Issy

Post by Issy » Aug 5th, '11, 17:54

finished watching Personal Preferences with LMH :wub:
I have to say he has improved alot since then till CH. much better in acting. I liked the drama over all and it was fun to watch. but have to admit that I did some of FFing of boring annoying scenes too.
not sure what to watch now. all dramas that I am following are currently airing so I am waiting for subs.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Aug 5th, '11, 17:57

started "49 Days" today ^^

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Aug 5th, '11, 21:09

No time this month and next month school starts again !
I'm watching "Hello Franceska" not great technically but some parts are just so hilarious and "Scent of A Woman"!
And since I won't be at my parent house next monthes and my own conexxion sucks , I'm downloading as many dramas (and movies)as I can but won't start them .

Yaaisan

Post by Yaaisan » Aug 5th, '11, 21:35

I'm currently following both "You've fallen for me" and "Scent of a woman".

Both are so far really good, and since I like romance series a lot, I enjoy watching them. For me, the female lead actresses are the ones that makes the shows. Both male lead actors, I guess needs a bit more time for me. But considering other things in productions really helps to lift the shows (different things for each show of course).

Soon time to more of these show. Some good to look forward to.

toenail

Post by toenail » Aug 6th, '11, 02:29

Not watching anything at this moment although I've got quite some series d/l in full. The reason is Pasta, it's next on my watching list and I can't get past the first 10 min of it... but somehow feels I gotta stick to watching it because I've been skipping it so many times over many other newer series.

Finished d/l-ing The Greatest Love, but I think I'll skip it for New Tales of Gisaeng when it finished d/l-ing - but why of why is it so long 52 ep... Anyway, either Pasta or Gisaeng next.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Aug 10th, '11, 20:49

Had to give on Sign, Park Shin Yang is just too crap. Now watching Will It Snow For Christmas, on episode 8. Good stuff.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 11th, '11, 04:19

I'm now watching 2 dramas. Bad Love and War Of Money. Bad Love seemed that it will be something I'll like a lot but it turns out that it isn't. But watchable.
War Of Money, on the other hand, is something quite interesting and good. I like these series.