Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Playful Kiss (MBC, 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
chueightchufive
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 1st, '10, 05:51

Post by chueightchufive » Oct 1st, '10, 05:55

hi everyone. is anyone having trouble downloading episode 10 here?

chueightchufive
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 1st, '10, 05:51

episode 5 & 6

Post by chueightchufive » Oct 1st, '10, 06:04

foxtoast wrote:Oh, didn't notice that a different subber is updating at the jdramas LJ com, which is where I saw the announcement for 5 & 6. I haven't downloaded their softsubs yet, but if you want to give them a try their version of 5 and 6 are here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L3I6YD0Y
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J39PE2LY
their subs are quite good. thank you for sharing them!

chueightchufive
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 1st, '10, 05:51

Post by chueightchufive » Oct 1st, '10, 06:12

foxtoast wrote:The other subs are being posted to the LJ jdramas group ( http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/ ) but you have to be a member to see the posts. The subbing group's website seems to be here: http://quemisu.blogspot.com/2010/09/mis ... iring.html . The links on their page are different and have several annoying ad click-throughs but I was able to get to a mediafire direct download for an srt, so they probably work as well as the megaupload links I got from the LJ comm. If not, though, I'll ask the poster on LJ if they mind having the link shared publicly here.
you're absolutely right! the 2nd link has so many ADs that it's getting annoying each time but i can understand the blogger's standpoint....still, it's really annoying.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 1st, '10, 08:10

chueightchufive wrote:
foxtoast wrote:The other subs are being posted to the LJ jdramas group ( http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/ ) but you have to be a member to see the posts. The subbing group's website seems to be here: http://quemisu.blogspot.com/2010/09/mis ... iring.html . The links on their page are different and have several annoying ad click-throughs but I was able to get to a mediafire direct download for an srt, so they probably work as well as the megaupload links I got from the LJ comm. If not, though, I'll ask the poster on LJ if they mind having the link shared publicly here.
you're absolutely right! the 2nd link has so many ADs that it's getting annoying each time but i can understand the blogger's standpoint....still, it's really annoying.
For serious. I appreciate the work subbers put in, but there is something sketchy about loading up a fansub download site (which is, of course, technically illegal, and only gets a blind eye when it's non-profit and not infringing on a license) with paid ads, especially now that many of these titles are being legally licensed for the foreign/English-speaking market.

User avatar
caramelchampagne
Posts: 136
Joined: Jul 2nd, '09, 18:16
Location: CAIRO - EGYPT
Contact:

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 1st, '10, 23:14

thanx dear :D

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 2nd, '10, 06:54

You know , I just want to add my 2 cents.
I'm a HUGE fan of the Taiwanese version...huge. I did not like the Japanese drama at all , and the anime tends to get annoying after awhile.

I must say I'm very much enjoying the Korean version as much as the TW one.

1. Naoki is finally potrayed by someone who pretty much has no soul , I'm not a fan of KHJ, He was much like Shun as Rui , I just thought his acting was absolutely terrible. It however works for this role , because Naoki doesn't have much to him in terms of needing extravagant acting.

2. Kinnosuke and Sudou are not screw all ugly in this version. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why Sudou looked like Hitler in the original version and why Kinnosuke looks like he should be in a mental hospital.

3. Oh Ha Ni/Kotoko is perfect in this , she's so friggin' cute. I can't help but to be sad with her , her acting is pretty decent. She's not over the top obnoxious like the original work points out , so it's a nice change of pace.

4. Kang Nam Gil is one of my favorite actors , and he does father figure well imo. I like the families in this version alot better.

I don't mind the pace changes and the re-writes , I actually think the pacing and how they changed up some stuff to work alot better. Ha Ni's stomach ailment was much better then how it was in the original work , I think it seems alot more realistic. I like the changes they have taken.
Makes me sad it's ratings are pretty much fail , because I think it's fantastic.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 2nd, '10, 10:03

I have to admit as well. I like it. I mean, I loved the anime of Itazura na Kiss and I've read the whole story after it as well. So, I've been quite ready to point out anything bad I find.
Thankfully, it's doing very good. I had my doubts in the first few episodes because of how immature it was, but they did fix that when the kids grew up so it was intentional and not bad writing.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 3rd, '10, 16:11

Are the ratings still that low? That's too bad. It's not the best drama I've ever seen, but it's pretty fun and if the ratings are that low there are probably a fair number of people who would like it but just aren't watching it.

I haven't read the manga so I don't know how much of the TW version was invented for that adaptation, but
any thoughts on what they will use as the tension for the finale? Seung Jo's parents aren't fixated on him majoring in business and taking over the company, so it's probably not going to be the fiancee character, and I can't see them using Hae Ra because he doesn't have feelings for her or any other reason to date her seriously.

And how cute was Joon Gu making his little pockets o' dumplings?

I was sad that Seung Jo didn't kiss Ha Ni when his little bro was in the hospital since I love that bit in the Taiwanese version (and how it comes up later as the little bro's wedding gift) but I don't know if it was in the original story.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 3rd, '10, 16:22

Seoul rating:
15. 수목미니시리즈 MBC 8.8%
Nationwide rating:
18. 수목미니시리즈 MBC 8.2%

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 3rd, '10, 16:45

Ethlenn wrote:Seoul rating:
15. 수목미니시리즈 MBC 8.8%
Nationwide rating:
18. 수목미니시리즈 MBC 8.2%
That's not-so-hot, but it is up from an embarrassing 3%

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 3rd, '10, 17:15

I hoping at some point it will crest into double digits... I think it deserves that.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 3rd, '10, 18:51

I saw on the wiki that a couple of the reruns had higher rankings than the original airing. If they're pushing it I think it's possible for it to break 10% by the finale, which would vindicate it a bit. I don't know what's considered a modest-but-decent rating, but a lot of my favorite dramas had ratings around the 10/11% mark. It looks like 30% is often sufficient to hit #1, and a lot of popular dramas hit 15%, so it seems like 10% wouldn't be embarrassingly low.

(Together is the lowest rated drama I've seen at .9 average, and I thought it was cute. I'm surprised they even bothered to air the whole series with numbers that abysmal.)

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 7th, '10, 15:44

Episode 11 was quite nice.
I'm kind of hating Seung Jo now, just as I hated Naoki. I mean, come on. Either accept the woman or not. There's a limit to how long someone can torture others like this. When they're hurting the other person.
She's an idiot too though. She's got so many nice men around her, especially Joon Gu. Handsome, nice men. I mean, no real woman would ever be so persistent with a guy who doesn't show any affections.

Also, this is the first time I laughed out loud with this series. With that "bug" stunt Kyung Soo pulled! Ahaha! The way he opened his jacket and waited for it was priceless! I laughed for quite a while after that! :lol

All in all, nice episode, but I guess since we're close to 16, the series won't go all the way with the story. I was at least hoping to see the marriage. Would be nice to see the first night and even the kid later on but...

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 7th, '10, 16:59

Orion1986 wrote:Episode 11 was quite nice.
I'm kind of hating Seung Jo now, just as I hated Naoki. I mean, come on. Either accept the woman or not. There's a limit to how long someone can torture others like this. When they're hurting the other person.
She's an idiot too though. She's got so many nice men around her, especially Joon Gu. Handsome, nice men. I mean, no real woman would ever be so persistent with a guy who doesn't show any affections.

Also, this is the first time I laughed out loud with this series. With that "bug" stunt Kyung Soo pulled! Ahaha! The way he opened his jacket and waited for it was priceless! I laughed for quite a while after that! :lol

All in all, nice episode, but I guess since we're close to 16, the series won't go all the way with the story. I was at least hoping to see the marriage. Would be nice to see the first night and even the kid later on but...
The point where Seung Jo interferes with Ha Ni's potential relationships by declaring that she likes only him is always the point at which I think he goes from being a fairly benign jerk to being a grade-A ass. Yanking her chain when she's following him around is one thing, but actively interfering in her personal life without yielding anything or agreeing to date her is pretty cruel. Granted, he's not supposed to be particularly emotionally mature and it shows, but c'mon. You're 19. Grow up.

I hope we see the marriage. I know we won't see anything beyond that that even hints at marital naughtiness, but I'd love a marriage, even as an epilogue.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 7th, '10, 17:11

I really really like PK , but it's TW version of Naoki is probably the best. Joe Cheng did a great job of portraying him with the love/hate thing.

Not saying KHJ is doing a bad job , but he doesn't have the little moments that JC was able to pull off , I do salute him for playing the second most aggravating lead male in my eyes.

I know it's ratings blow , but I'd Die for a extension to 20 eps..I want to see the wedding at least , and the silliness after it. Or at least pick it up for a second season. That's so rare in K-dramas though.

One can hope right.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 7th, '10, 17:26

Archaenon wrote:I really really like PK , but it's TW version of Naoki is probably the best. Joe Cheng did a great job of portraying him with the love/hate thing.

Not saying KHJ is doing a bad job , but he doesn't have the little moments that JC was able to pull off , I do salute him for playing the second most aggravating lead male in my eyes.

I know it's ratings blow , but I'd Die for a extension to 20 eps..I want to see the wedding at least , and the silliness after it. Or at least pick it up for a second season. That's so rare in K-dramas though.

One can hope right.
2nd most aggravating lead in this series or overall? :P My top spot goes to Tae Kyung in YAB (I knew that series wasn't for me when I really wanted the heroine to hook up with the 2nd lead) but in PK it's currently a pretty dead heat between the two male leads for me. ...Actually, Joon Gu has an edge for less aggravating as of ep 11, if we aren't looking at the series in aggregate.

I prefer Joe Cheng and miss him a bit, too, but KHJ is not so bad. He works okay with this cast.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 7th, '10, 17:36

Joon Gu/Kinnosuke/Ah Jin ( I'm partial to Jiro Wang ) is such a sadbox for me. I know from the start after watching every other version what's going to happen , but In my mind I always root for him.

Kang Nam Gil really wins as the father in the KR version though ( He's also one of my favorite actors ). I do love Tang Tsung Sheng though , it's a tough choice , but I don't miss the mustache.

In the end , I do think both versions are hands down better then the Original JP drama , I'm not partial to that one at all even tough it has actors I like in it. I could really compared the KR and TW one all day heh.

I missed the Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin team up that I actually just re-watched the first series again. It's still awesome.

My First most aggravating lead male is still Shin Chae Kyung from GoonG , Baek/Naoki/Zhi Shu are in a tie with Domyouji/Gu-Jun Pyo for second place overall.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 7th, '10, 21:14

I do like the dad in the Korean version; he doesn't have nearly as much screen time as Xiang Qin's dad so it's hard to really compare, but I like him. And I don't miss the 'stache, either.

I rate my most irritating male leads based on whether I root against them or for them to get the female lead, so Doumyouji doesn't make my list (I would never want to date him and I find him annoying, but when I'm watching the series I do want him and Makino to end up together; less so in the manga because he never gets over his propensity for domestic violence and sexual assault), but Tae Kyung does, and so does Shin from Goong (I'd forgotten about him; I spent basically the entire series wanting to smack him). Ah Jin is such a sad sack and I would hate to be around that in real life because there's little worse than a pursuer who just doesn't know the meaning of "no", but in the context of the series I like him, and he's such a nice guy when he's not being obnoxious over not getting the girl. Joon Gu has grown on me, but I am a Jiro girl both because I like that character and because I'm a bit of a Fahrenheit fangirl.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 7th, '10, 22:05

Archaenon wrote:
My First most aggravating lead male is still Shin Chae Kyung from GoonG
Shin Chae Kyung was played by Yoon Eun Hye, she was the Bingung Mama, The Princess. The Prince was Lee Shin Goon. :wub:

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 7th, '10, 23:24

Ethlenn wrote:
Archaenon wrote:
My First most aggravating lead male is still Shin Chae Kyung from GoonG
Shin Chae Kyung was played by Yoon Eun Hye, she was the Bingung Mama, The Princess. The Prince was Lee Shin Goon. :wub:
Er Lee Shin , I haven't seen it in so long. I have a habit of mixing names up. :D

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 8th, '10, 08:58

Sowwy, my teacher's habit kicked in... :unsure:

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 8th, '10, 11:18

Ethlenn wrote:Sowwy, my teacher's habit kicked in... :unsure:
Lol , np ,I do it all the time actually , even stuff that I know very well. My mind and my Hands are on two different plans when I'm typing at times.

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 8th, '10, 11:23

foxtoast wrote:I do like the dad in the Korean version; he doesn't have nearly as much screen time as Xiang Qin's dad so it's hard to really compare, but I like him. And I don't miss the 'stache, either.

I rate my most irritating male leads based on whether I root against them or for them to get the female lead, so Doumyouji doesn't make my list (I would never want to date him and I find him annoying, but when I'm watching the series I do want him and Makino to end up together; less so in the manga because he never gets over his propensity for domestic violence and sexual assault), but Tae Kyung does, and so does Shin from Goong (I'd forgotten about him; I spent basically the entire series wanting to smack him). Ah Jin is such a sad sack and I would hate to be around that in real life because there's little worse than a pursuer who just doesn't know the meaning of "no", but in the context of the series I like him, and he's such a nice guy when he's not being obnoxious over not getting the girl. Joon Gu has grown on me, but I am a Jiro girl both because I like that character and because I'm a bit of a Fahrenheit fangirl.
I agree with you about the Domestic violence , But I always put that down as he was socially inept , like Naoki but to a bigger extreme. His mother pretty much kept him locked up and he was to the point he had no idea how to act and it because he wasn't taught or shown how to act , so I think his behaviour is explained , well to me anyways. I liked his character alot to see how it was that Makino changed him from being the way he was. Imagined if he had married someone he didn't love?

I do admit that boys and girls who constantly follow the ones they like around can possibly annoying , but I always say that love makes people do the most insane things if not kept in check. I always chalk it up to the cute little puppy following the first person it sees lol.

I am also a Fahrenheit fan. How do you feel about WuChun being in Absolute Boyfriend? :D

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Oct 8th, '10, 11:35

So episode 11,
Hehehe, did anyone else enjoy that smile he gave when he ate that chocolate thing that Ha Ni made?
Meh, I'm still a little partial to the TW version than to the PK because
Well Joe Cheng, duh, is just an awesome actor who can express so many emotions with one look. But I can't help but enjoy TW more, even now as I rewatch over and over again. But PK seems to be doing well. I wonder how they're going to end this though. Would appreciate even just to the marriage, because for me that was well wrapped up in ISWAK. Would like to see the whole change of clothes thing too
I JUST LEARNED ABOUT WU CHUN! Hehehehe, I know I know he needs to improve a bit with his acting but he's gotten better compared to how he was in Tokyo Juliet. Plus the guy was born in Brunei and I grew up in Brunei and you gotta show that guy some love! He's the closest I'm ever going to get to an asian hottie. Hahahahaha

Plus I totally love Absolute Boyfriend! I read the manga, watched the live action...
Ending kind of sucked though. Considering how Night died and everything... it made it seem kind of a bad ending in the manga... but the live action, it somehow seemed right
Edited: Yes Jiro is AWESOME :)

User avatar
Archaenon
Posts: 435
Joined: Mar 17th, '07, 09:33
Contact:

Post by Archaenon » Oct 8th, '10, 11:50

janajee wrote:So episode 11,
Hehehe, did anyone else enjoy that smile he gave when he ate that chocolate thing that Ha Ni made?


Meh, I'm still a little partial to the TW version than to the PK because
Well Joe Cheng, duh, is just an awesome actor who can express so many emotions with one look. But I can't help but enjoy TW more, even now as I rewatch over and over again. But PK seems to be doing well. I wonder how they're going to end this though. Would appreciate even just to the marriage, because for me that was well wrapped up in ISWAK. Would like to see the whole change of clothes thing too


I JUST LEARNED ABOUT WU CHUN! Hehehehe, I know I know he needs to improve a bit with his acting but he's gotten better compared to how he was in Tokyo Juliet. Plus the guy was born in Brunei and I grew up in Brunei and you gotta show that guy some love! He's the closest I'm ever going to get to an asian hottie. Hahahahaha



Plus I totally love Absolute Boyfriend! I read the manga, watched the live action...
Ending kind of sucked though. Considering how Night died and everything... it made it seem kind of a bad ending in the manga... but the live action, it somehow seemed right
Edited: Yes Jiro is AWESOME :)
I think everyone did lol , Robot boy can be cute when he want's to be.

I think he's improved alot , I'd pretty much watching anything with my F boys in it ,but yeah. I honestly can't wait to see it , to see how it will differ from the JP one.
Yeah , I just got re-watching ISWAK actually. If they did the clothes swap it would be so cute. I was all :D when I saw Wu Ren in a dress , it worked well for him. JC had a serious chest on him with that dress too. I am very partial to the TW version as well , but this one is enjoyable as well too.
Jiro is indeed awesome.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 8th, '10, 15:41

Archaenon wrote: I think everyone did lol , Robot boy can be cute when he want's to be.
You mean when he is programmed to?
Aww, OK, OK...
Some news:
Kim Hyun-joong to watch finale of "Naughty Kiss" with fans

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 9th, '10, 01:53

Archaenon wrote: I agree with you about the Domestic violence , But I always put that down as he was socially inept , like Naoki but to a bigger extreme. His mother pretty much kept him locked up and he was to the point he had no idea how to act and it because he wasn't taught or shown how to act , so I think his behaviour is explained , well to me anyways. I liked his character alot to see how it was that Makino changed him from being the way he was. Imagined if he had married someone he didn't love?

I do admit that boys and girls who constantly follow the ones they like around can possibly annoying , but I always say that love makes people do the most insane things if not kept in check. I always chalk it up to the cute little puppy following the first person it sees lol.

I am also a Fahrenheit fan. How do you feel about WuChun being in Absolute Boyfriend? :D
Yeah, there is that element of Doumyouji, but I thought the live action adaptations did a better job handling it than the comic because you just can't root for a guy who's so screwed up that he beats his girlfriend. Those are issues you need to get over before you date anyone, ya know?

I didn't know about Absolute Boyfriend until recently, and I thought it was a weird rumor at first because I didn't know that co-productions with a multinational cast were a thing. I don't know if I can envision Goo Hye Sun / Wu Chun chemistry, but I'll watch it. I haven't read the comic and I only watched one ep of the Japanese series because I was indifferent to the actors and didn't think the story was independently my thing. But I'll watch nearly anything with my fictitious husband in it :) Wu Chun isn't the most gifted actor, but this is probably a role he'd be okay in since he's well-suited to comic-book-style roles.

User avatar
Kind
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 8th, '10, 18:07

Post by Kind » Oct 9th, '10, 12:47

I think Kang Nam Gil may be typecast as 'lead female's father', I've seen him in this role a few times now. Not that he isn't great in it. :D

I am not really liking Baek Seung Jo, though I'm not sure if that's just how Kim Hyun Joong is playing him. He's so blank and wooden. I haven't read the manga.

I like Oh Ha Ni , cause that's just the coolest name ever. :)

I think they should have called this series; "Stalking is Love." cause that seems to be the message I'm getting from it. :p

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 14th, '10, 13:43

I'll give my opinion on 13 later, but I'm now at the part where
Joon Gu asked Ha Ni to marry him. All I can say is that I yelled "Yes!" at that point! Ahahaha. It just came out of me. I mean, who wouldn't love this guy? Really...

booklovers
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 12:03

Post by booklovers » Oct 14th, '10, 14:12

foxtoast wrote:The other subs are being posted to the LJ jdramas group ( http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/ ) but you have to be a member to see the posts. The subbing group's website seems to be here: http://quemisu.blogspot.com/2010/09/mis ... iring.html . The links on their page are different and have several annoying ad click-throughs but I was able to get to a mediafire direct download for an srt, so they probably work as well as the megaupload links I got from the LJ comm. If not, though, I'll ask the poster on LJ if they mind having the link shared publicly here.
Hi guys,

Just catching up till episode 10 and wondered why the eng sub thread have been deleted?

btw, nice to meet you guys. I'm a fan of Manga first and then TW later. for those who havn't read Manga, it's absolute recommended.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 14th, '10, 14:27

booklovers wrote:
Just catching up till episode 10 and wondered why the eng sub thread have been deleted?
Because the posting person violated lots of D-A rules, and also common courtesy rules. Dura lex sed lex.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 14th, '10, 14:33

And I gotta admit something about the Table
He may have a soulless blank stare all the time and he's still a bad actor, but dang, that was a hot kiss.
Good good. We need bold young men who kiss properly to change this prudeness issue in kdrama.

booklovers
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 12:03

Post by booklovers » Oct 14th, '10, 15:05

Ethlenn wrote:
booklovers wrote:
Just catching up till episode 10 and wondered why the eng sub thread have been deleted?
Because the posting person violated lots of D-A rules, and also common courtesy rules. Dura lex sed lex.
I see!

So that's mean there's no official eng sub thread in d-addicts? this is a curious situation, if you ask me.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 14th, '10, 15:11

No, they aren't here. Uploader of this drama points where you can find those. But it takes some time to sub one episode even with a bunch of subbers, so the patience is what all need. :salut:

booklovers
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 4th, '07, 12:03

Post by booklovers » Oct 14th, '10, 17:03

Ethlenn wrote:No, they aren't here. Uploader of this drama points where you can find those. But it takes some time to sub one episode even with a bunch of subbers, so the patience is what all need. :salut:
Okidoki!

Thanks for the tips!

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 14th, '10, 17:54

Orion1986 wrote:And I gotta admit something about the Table
He may have a soulless blank stare all the time and he's still a bad actor, but dang, that was a hot kiss.
Good good. We need bold young men who kiss properly to change this prudeness issue in kdrama.
The kiss was a pleasant surprise, but I gotta say the scenes leading up to it weren't as impressive. Maybe it's a combo of Seung Jo being a mediocre actor and the tenor of the show being different, but when he caught up with Ha Ni I got the impression that he wanted to date her, but if she said she'd accepted Joon Gu, well, he'd get over it. There was no urgency; I didn't feel like he truly feared that he'd lost his chance with her and couldn't handle it, or that he was legitimately jealous of Joon Gu. It was cute, but I wish there had been more of a payoff.

But anyway, yes, more hot kissing would be a definite plus in k-drama land. They do tend to be really uptight.

SunSama
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 27th, '10, 07:56
Location: USA

Post by SunSama » Oct 15th, '10, 15:09

I also think BSJ was not as passionate as Joe Cheng was; however, the Taiwanese drama is based on the Manga and the Korean drama is following the Anime. So if you see this scene in the Anime is exactly like that. He just talk softly and made his point. Even though he does not want to lose her, he does not show how jealous he could be, that comes afterwards.

Hopefully they will make the 2 season.
That would be great to start seeing the changes and the love behind.

BSJ is doing a good job [still I love Joe Cheng's performance]

Oh Ha Ni is so cute and beautiful [that is how Kotoko is in the anime] and she is doing a great job! She has the charisma of Shirley Temple or Elizabeth Taylor. Something that makes you love her just to look at her. Really impressive !

Ariel Lin did a great job as Xiang Xin but it was too dumb, almost retarded. I prefer the version of Kotoko from the Korean drama. She is a regular girl with different interests than BSJ.

I love the mother in the Korean drama. She should be best supporting actress.

The overall presentation of the Korean drama is very good however they tried to fit in 30 episodes in 16 and it lose too much of the meaning and the important moments are too short. I still think the Taiwanese is No.1 because of this [even though the clothes or the scenery are not as pretty or impressive].

Finally in regards to kissing scenes, II have not seen yet a drama better that "It started with a kiss & they kiss again" For me they win by far. Let's wait and see how Playful kiss is going to develop this.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 15th, '10, 19:45

SunSama wrote:I also think BSJ was not as passionate as Joe Cheng was; however, the Taiwanese drama is based on the Manga and the Korean drama is following the Anime. So if you see this scene in the Anime is exactly like that. He just talk softly and made his point. Even though he does not want to lose her, he does not show how jealous he could be, that comes afterwards.

Hopefully they will make the 2 season.
That would be great to start seeing the changes and the love behind.

BSJ is doing a good job [still I love Joe Cheng's performance]

Oh Ha Ni is so cute and beautiful [that is how Kotoko is in the anime] and she is doing a great job! She has the charisma of Shirley Temple or Elizabeth Taylor. Something that makes you love her just to look at her. Really impressive !

Ariel Lin did a great job as Xiang Xin but it was too dumb, almost retarded. I prefer the version of Kotoko from the Korean drama. She is a regular girl with different interests than BSJ.

I love the mother in the Korean drama. She should be best supporting actress.

The overall presentation of the Korean drama is very good however they tried to fit in 30 episodes in 16 and it lose too much of the meaning and the important moments are too short. I still think the Taiwanese is No.1 because of this [even though the clothes or the scenery are not as pretty or impressive].

Finally in regards to kissing scenes, II have not seen yet a drama better that "It started with a kiss & they kiss again" For me they win by far. Let's wait and see how Playful kiss is going to develop this.
But saying it's 'like the anime' isn't an excuse; anime is just simple 2D art, not real people with real expressions. (And if I wanted to watch an anime, I'd watch one. But I don't.) Having him talk softly isn't the problem, it was the lack of emotional investment. He needed to seem like he cared what her answer was--however the director wanted him to express it--and that just didn't come across. If he wasn't talented enough to deliver it subtly they should have rewritten the scene a bit to give him a way to express that emotion within his acting range.

There are things that I quite like about this adaptation and things that drive me a little crazy. I like the characterization of Ha Ni, and I legitimately sympathize with Joon Gu now, but sometimes the emotional scenes with Seung Jo are just soulless, because he's written that way, directed that way, just a mediocre actor, or some combination of all three.

SunSama
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 27th, '10, 07:56
Location: USA

Post by SunSama » Oct 16th, '10, 19:08

foxtoast wrote:
SunSama wrote:I also think BSJ was not as passionate as Joe Cheng was; however, the Taiwanese drama is based on the Manga and the Korean drama is following the Anime. So if you see this scene in the Anime is exactly like that. He just talk softly and made his point. Even though he does not want to lose her, he does not show how jealous he could be, that comes afterwards.

Hopefully they will make the 2 season.
That would be great to start seeing the changes and the love behind.

BSJ is doing a good job [still I love Joe Cheng's performance]

Oh Ha Ni is so cute and beautiful [that is how Kotoko is in the anime] and she is doing a great job! She has the charisma of Shirley Temple or Elizabeth Taylor. Something that makes you love her just to look at her. Really impressive !

Ariel Lin did a great job as Xiang Xin but it was too dumb, almost retarded. I prefer the version of Kotoko from the Korean drama. She is a regular girl with different interests than BSJ.

I love the mother in the Korean drama. She should be best supporting actress.

The overall presentation of the Korean drama is very good however they tried to fit in 30 episodes in 16 and it lose too much of the meaning and the important moments are too short. I still think the Taiwanese is No.1 because of this [even though the clothes or the scenery are not as pretty or impressive].

Finally in regards to kissing scenes, II have not seen yet a drama better that "It started with a kiss & they kiss again" For me they win by far. Let's wait and see how Playful kiss is going to develop this.
But saying it's 'like the anime' isn't an excuse; anime is just simple 2D art, not real people with real expressions. (And if I wanted to watch an anime, I'd watch one. But I don't.) Having him talk softly isn't the problem, it was the lack of emotional investment. He needed to seem like he cared what her answer was--however the director wanted him to express it--and that just didn't come across. If he wasn't talented enough to deliver it subtly they should have rewritten the scene a bit to give him a way to express that emotion within his acting range.


There are things that I quite like about this adaptation and things that drive me a little crazy. I like the characterization of Ha Ni, and I legitimately sympathize with Joon Gu now, but sometimes the emotional scenes with Seung Jo are just soulless, because he's written that way, directed that way, just a mediocre actor, or some combination of all three.


[Either if is Anime or Manga it doesn't matter. All these dramas: Itazura Na Kiss, Playful Kiss, It started with a kiss and they kiss again are based on those comics, even ff you like to watch them or not. I am not fan of Anime but I think that only watching that part in the Anime you will understand the character of BSJ in Playful kiss and that is why I like more Joe Cheng in this scene, he is more passionate or maybe better actor? Could be].

[I agree with you, there are parts I love very much and others seems soulless, but still that is the character of BSJ, and he will be learning to be more open and loving... that's what's suppose to happen. Hopefully.. but in two more episodes is going to be difficult, i guess.]

User avatar
caramelchampagne
Posts: 136
Joined: Jul 2nd, '09, 18:16
Location: CAIRO - EGYPT
Contact:

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 19th, '10, 05:18

'Mischievous Kiss', which will ended on the 21th, will send out special features on Internet.

According to 'Group Eight', the company that produced 'Mischievous Kiss', production crew will start shooting special features on the 21th right after the last episode goes on air. These special features will be uploaded to YouTube in November.

There were few cases where dramas made special features and broadcasted through cable channels but 'Mischievous Kiss' is the first drama to broadcast them on internet.

One official from 'Group Eight' said, “This is Group Eight's first movement after we made a contract with YouTube. It is also YouTube's first experiment to create a channel only for special features.

There will be a total of 9 episodes for these special features, and will be about Baek Seung-joo (Kim Hyun-joong) and Oh Ha-ni's (Jeong So-min) story after the last episode.

The official from 'Group Eight' added, “It won't show much difference with the flow of the original or Taiwanese version, but there will be a special something that only Korean dramas can have.”

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 19th, '10, 06:09

caramelchampagne wrote: The official from 'Group Eight' added, “It won't show much difference with the flow of the original or Taiwanese version, but there will be a special something that only Korean dramas can have.”
...Soooo, something like dialogue in Korean? I honestly don't even know to what this official is referring.

I'm looking forward to these little mini-eps, though. To be honest I thought ISWAK 2 dragged a bit and didn't have enough character development (which I also presume is partly the fault of the source material, since ISWAK seems like a fairly faithful adaptation of the manga) so I'd welcome a little mini-series of mini-eps, especially with BSJ/OHN cuteness. I wonder if they'll be 9 or 10 minutes long to fit neatly into the YouTube running time limit.

User avatar
caramelchampagne
Posts: 136
Joined: Jul 2nd, '09, 18:16
Location: CAIRO - EGYPT
Contact:

Post by caramelchampagne » Oct 19th, '10, 06:48

@ foxtoast u can check the news here
http://www.hancinema.net/-mischievous-k ... 25532.html

actually i felt this drama is lil bit draggy i mean no need for such special mini epis to do
there are alot of better series that need such thing like for me iris it was worth this one is nice to wast some time but not wow to do such special thing if u got what i mean
KHJ is hansome guy but that is not enough to be a good actor his eyes like a glass it doesn't show any thing also i feel the characters are shallow but i don't know if this mini series gonna be subed or not i don't think they gonnna add something more but they say there will be like surprice in da end

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 01:16

I had to skip to the ending of the latest episode to find something and I did. All I will say for now (since I haven't seen this yet) is
HOLY COW!!! We got the bed scene! Ok, so they were in full pajamas and the camera paned out after the kissing, but heck, it's more than I hoped for! A lot more!
We got him on top of her, some hot kissing and that "I can't wait any longer". I'm very pleased. It was important for the story. Confirmation of a full on relationship.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 21st, '10, 06:56

Orion1986 wrote:I had to skip to the ending of the latest episode to find something and I did. All I will say for now (since I haven't seen this yet) is
HOLY COW!!! We got the bed scene! Ok, so they were in full pajamas and the camera paned out after the kissing, but heck, it's more than I hoped for! A lot more!
We got him on top of her, some hot kissing and that "I can't wait any longer". I'm very pleased. It was important for the story. Confirmation of a full on relationship.
I thought that was hilarious, in a sweet way. Korean dramas are sooooo conservative they barely acknowledge that sex exists, so I suppose that scene was positively risque, but nothing says "honeymoon sexy" like flannel pajamas. I mean, sure, I may rock the flannel during my honeymoon, but I'm in my late 20s and ain't nothing he hasn't seen yet, many times over. You'd think bright, young, 21-year-old virginal newlyweds would maybe not dress like they're going to a 10-year-old's slumber party.

But it was cute, and I did like his line. (And just like a guy to not care one wit what she's wearing.)

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Oct 21st, '10, 13:16

Yeps. Which is why I didn't expect much or anything. Kdramas. And the scene is important in the work itself. After all those denials and dissing from him, you kinda wonder if he even likes women and her. XD

I have to admit though, if that's what Hyun Joong looks like when he's horny, then there's really no hope for more emotions out of the man. :rofl: I didn't ask for huffing and panting, but do show SOME urgency, man!

As for the pajamas, maybe just as well. Who knows what Ha Ni's idea of "sexy lingerie" is? But yes, it's ok for the guy to be in pajamas, but would a sleeveless white top for him and some more womanly nightgown for her be that bad?

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Oct 22nd, '10, 18:08

It appears from episode 16 that they are using matching couple's plaid 1950s pajamas as birth control. Also little bro needs to learn not to wait for an answer before walking into someone else's bedroom. Plaid pjs or no, he could've walked in on something he'd want to see a lot less than fully-clothed canoodling.

Anyway, I though the ending was cute. He finally says he loves her, and they paired everyone off in proper sappy romantic comedy fashion. I mostly forgive PK its faults, which run from BSJ's complete lack of emotiveness to its tendency to include episodic content that did nothing to further plot or character development (i.e. why did we need the clingy-girl-from-the-honeymoon plot? At least they made an awkward attempt to turn Hani-runs-away into the impetus for her deciding to become a nurse). Maybe it's because I have nothing else to watch right now, but I found myself being pretty generous with this series and enjoying it for what it was.

User avatar
Viande
Posts: 876
Joined: Jul 15th, '10, 07:48
Contact:

Post by Viande » Oct 26th, '10, 08:15

Now after seen all episodes, I must say not bad at all. I totally loved the family, especially Seung Jo's mother and little brother. Little Eun Jo's actor was so good & cute. At some scenes felt like he was Kim Hyun Joong's senior. :D But yeah, I think this series' best side was the family.
And really, honeymoon bed scene with flannel pyjamas :lol But I guess it's acceptable in balance to horny Seung Jo... ^^
I was also surprised that there was so many kisses, usually they only allow one or max two in whole series. Well ok the title is Playful kiss so...

QueenDjo
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 22nd, '10, 06:55

Post by QueenDjo » Oct 30th, '10, 14:02

Here's my take on the kdrama vs. the twdrama: There IS a jdorama of Itazura na kiss but it was not memorable to me and it really does not compare to these two versions of the story.

The Pros:

1.Playful kiss is better than ISWAK in the part that Oh Ha Ni is not as pathetic as Xiang QIn. At least she has something that she is good at. And she does not look retarded.

2. The drama also emphasized on Oh Ha Ni's diligence, in that when she puts her mind to do something, she is really able to do it. Unlike in ISWAK, most of the things that happen to Xiang QIn seems to be due to an accident or something.

3. The dream sequences were great. Very modern and funny. Love the part where she imagined she was hitting Baek Seung Jo with the pillows. ^_^ and also her dream about her being fought over by two guys.

4. Also, the two leads were really eye candies. Very cute and they seem to be compatible with each other.

The Cons

1. There did not seem to be any chemistry between the two leads. They look good together but there was just something that is missing.

2. Baek Seung Jo's expressions...he did not show much jealousy and just plain too much arrogance. I mean Joe Cheng's was very expressive in his displeasure whenever Ah Jin was around Xiang Qin. Though he says that he didn't like Xiang QIn, his expression usually turned sour whenever Xiang Qin said that she was going to forget him.

3. Very very disappointing was the scene in Episode 13, this was where BSJ finds out that Bong (forgot the whole name) was going to propose. The drama did not show BSJ being scared of losing OHN. Unlike in ISWAK...that was my most favorite scene. Where Zhi Shu was imagining Xiang QIn's face instead of his fiancee and then when he was running in the rain... :cry: That was the best scene ever. So I was really looking forward to it in this drama...but it fell flat. BSJ was just sitting there waiting for OHN...ugh! no hardship on his part whatsoever.

4.the kisses. Well I know that the koreans are much more conservative but when you compare the kiss in the rain and the kiss after graduation from both dramas...the ones from ISWAK have my votes all the way. Plus...there are some kdramas were the kisses were convincing. and not just putting their closed lips together to simulate a kiss.

Overall, I like Playful Kiss but I LOVE ISWAK 1 and 2.

babblysweet
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 13th, '05, 06:38

Post by babblysweet » Nov 1st, '10, 14:18

I heard there will be special episodes to be uploaded in youtube.... anyone knows who will sub these episodes??? I so love this series!!!

JaJe
Posts: 249
Joined: Aug 7th, '09, 20:35
Location: on the silver cloud of dreams ^o^

Post by JaJe » Nov 1st, '10, 16:25

babblysweet wrote:I heard there will be special episodes to be uploaded in youtube.... anyone knows who will sub these episodes??? I so love this series!!!
They will be translated in Youtube channel I think, because the others (makings and promos) have all been translated into English. You just have to switch the C button on. :roll They really think of their overseas fans. :wub:

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 2nd, '10, 19:25

I gotta say, as much as the Table annoys me, I love it that the series is ongoing in Youtube. Also, a veeery smart way to avoid the silly korean tv censorship!!!
More series should do tricks like that and show the damn channels how much people want to see more human and normal relationships and intimacy! Yay Youtube!

I do hope they make subs for these. I mean, Viikii is subbing it, but I hope we get an actual file version with srt. That would rock and I'd watch that too.

Dang... Had no idea the series grew on me that much. Then again, me and Itazura na Kiss have history. ^^

babblysweet
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 13th, '05, 06:38

Post by babblysweet » Nov 3rd, '10, 00:16

Really??? there's eng subs already??

Orion1986: I also hope that there will be an actual file version with SRT... I like watching it in higher resolutin than in youtube

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 3rd, '10, 04:06

Well, the youtube version is HD too, but it's nice to actually watch the series on your television, in your living room, nice and cozy and comfy.
My PC is in my room and when I have to watch something here with my mother (we'll be starting the drama soon), it's hell to squeeze on one bed. XD
I usually re-encode my series to a format for my Xbox 360 and we watch all of them on our TV. It's big, it's HD and we each have a couch to ourselves. :P

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 5th, '10, 09:11

CNN to hold exclusive interview with Kim Hyun Joong on the success of ‘Playful Kiss’

I for one, am very happy about the recognition the series is getting. I've been watching it again with my mom and I love it more and more. I don't know if it's because I always did love the story, but I do.
I think making the Youtube channel was a very smart idea. Not only because they are utilizing a cross-media tactic which can only benefit a show in today's networked society, but because it makes it global.

Maybe, just MAYBE they'll now realize that the world isn't only 4-5 countries in Asia, but that there are actually thousands of fans in Europe and the U.S who love Asian cinema and television. A whole audience.
I hope that this will also force channels in Korea to see how putting such silly skinship and thematic restrictions in their series is a bad move, since the Hallyu is bringing worldwide attention to the country.

I honestly wish the series will keep gaining attention as I feel very honored as a fan from abroad about the Youtube project. They even have english subtitles posted. Finally, english-speaking fans have some attention.

User avatar
ilovetrenchooo
Posts: 31
Joined: Jan 29th, '10, 13:13
Contact:

Post by ilovetrenchooo » Nov 5th, '10, 13:28

I haven't seen ISWAK (Jap and TW) version so there's nothing for me to compare really. I really like PK because it's so simple and the actors are really cute. BSJ most of the time would be emotionless but based on the storylinel, I think he acted just fine. OHN may not be the prettiest female lead but her acting skills were great. And her style actually improved as the series moves on. BSJ's mom is really pretty and I like her performance.

I like how it ended with the right amount of closure (some series would leave you hanging--and I really hate it.). Too bad, they had to compete with two equally great series (My GF is a gumiho and Baker King) and received poor ratings.

I've seen the first 3 episodes of PK Special on YT. Even without eng subs I still had a great time watching it. Very funny and light-hearted series. I hope they would extend it and not limit it to 7(or is it 10?) episodes~ O.o

SunSama
Posts: 38
Joined: Jan 27th, '10, 07:56
Location: USA

Post by SunSama » Nov 5th, '10, 17:03

QueenDjo wrote:Here's my take on the kdrama vs. the twdrama: There IS a jdorama of Itazura na kiss but it was not memorable to me and it really does not compare to these two versions of the story.

The Pros:

1.Playful kiss is better than ISWAK in the part that Oh Ha Ni is not as pathetic as Xiang QIn. At least she has something that she is good at. And she does not look retarded.

2. The drama also emphasized on Oh Ha Ni's diligence, in that when she puts her mind to do something, she is really able to do it. Unlike in ISWAK, most of the things that happen to Xiang QIn seems to be due to an accident or something.

3. The dream sequences were great. Very modern and funny. Love the part where she imagined she was hitting Baek Seung Jo with the pillows. ^_^ and also her dream about her being fought over by two guys.

4. Also, the two leads were really eye candies. Very cute and they seem to be compatible with each other.

The Cons

1. There did not seem to be any chemistry between the two leads. They look good together but there was just something that is missing.

2. Baek Seung Jo's expressions...he did not show much jealousy and just plain too much arrogance. I mean Joe Cheng's was very expressive in his displeasure whenever Ah Jin was around Xiang Qin. Though he says that he didn't like Xiang QIn, his expression usually turned sour whenever Xiang Qin said that she was going to forget him.

3. Very very disappointing was the scene in Episode 13, this was where BSJ finds out that Bong (forgot the whole name) was going to propose. The drama did not show BSJ being scared of losing OHN. Unlike in ISWAK...that was my most favorite scene. Where Zhi Shu was imagining Xiang QIn's face instead of his fiancee and then when he was running in the rain... :cry: That was the best scene ever. So I was really looking forward to it in this drama...but it fell flat. BSJ was just sitting there waiting for OHN...ugh! no hardship on his part whatsoever.

4.the kisses. Well I know that the koreans are much more conservative but when you compare the kiss in the rain and the kiss after graduation from both dramas...the ones from ISWAK have my votes all the way. Plus...there are some kdramas were the kisses were convincing. and not just putting their closed lips together to simulate a kiss.

Overall, I like Playful Kiss but I LOVE ISWAK 1 and 2.
I fell the same way and I totally agree with you. I think Playful kiss is just beautiful in the outside, decoration, scenes, actors, etc. but in the inside there is no display of emotions at least from BSJ, which is the difficult character. [Of course, Oh Hani and the mother are very cute] Instead the relationship between Zhin Shu and Xian Xin gets better and better and the kisses are wonderful. I can watch it over and over and not get tired of it.
I am still hoping for season 3...!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 18th, '10, 10:05

Here's a making of video from the channel over at Youtube.

I can't believe he messed up with the table. "Table", he goes! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to say though. As much as I don't like him in any series, I can't help but love his attitude and all.
At least he isn't in real life like he is in the series. That would be creepy. Don't like his acting, like the guy.

thina75
Posts: 29
Joined: Sep 14th, '06, 00:46

Post by thina75 » Nov 18th, '10, 12:36

Will there be a part 2 of this series ? thanks

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 19th, '10, 19:11

Sorry to say, but as much as I like Hyun this is probably the worst drama I saw lately. And I do not even say it`s becouse of actors (that too, but please, find actor who can make something like that bareable), it`s plot and characters. I just do not have words.. Main heroine... uh, how someone can be so clingy and plain stupid! And any guy fall for her? Shame on him, she deserved all comments from beginig of drama she received from this main gay, whatever his name and his little brother (only more or less sane person here), and after that he changed his heart? Where his genius went? Love is blind? In this drama is like lobotomy case. But you can undersand poor guy, after having mother like him (tendency to maintain in disfunctional relationship?). Ijust felt like shouting: You are grown woman here, how can you embarass your son like that? And wishing him such burden for wife? He deserved better, he looked resonable at the begining. There is not even excuse that she is pretty, almost all girls around are better looking (except that hairdresser - they put her here to have at least one who is not prettier I guess). There are better mangas to adapt I'm sure...

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 19:18

I also think the drama is pretty far-fetched, but you should have seen the japanese version of the story. Or have you? Since you mentioned it.
This was originally a japanese manga. A shoujo. Meaning, romance for teen girls. Hence the weirdness and all around lack of realism and all.

I actually think the Korean version did very well on toning all the exaggerations and "shoujoness" down.
It's still quite immature though so it's not everyone's cup of tea. Especially if you don't warm up to the cast and all.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Nov 19th, '10, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 19th, '10, 22:45

I knew that it was based on manga but I didn't read it and I did not watch Japaneese version.. it could be worse? You are seriously scaring me here! And not all shojo is on such low level.. but maybe Korean drama and manga do not mix well? Boys Before Flowers was frustrating as well (but you could help yourself but looking at Kim Boom - very refreshing :wink: ).
I went through most of it by fastforwarding becouse I kept hoping someone will mature a little bit (whoever actors, script writers) but no such thing! And warming up? I think only one I could liked was this coach gay, he was a fun even if in kind of pathetic, kicked puppy kind of way.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 23:01

Oh trust me. This is the very realistic and toned down version. Ha Ni (Kotoko) is 10 times more annoying and she doesn't mature much either.
And the family and other characters like the chef and the tennis instructor are even more crazy and "comical". So it could be a looot worse.

And don't mention Boys Over Flowers so suddenly. You'll give me a seizure. Ahaha. That series was a nightmare. XD

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 19th, '10, 23:28

Uh... nice to hear such opinion, it's on most of The best... lists, why, I can't imagine??!! :scratch: For me it was like watching train, plain and major car crash incident together - it's so traumatic that you can't simply stop watching even if this tiny voice of reason inside your brain keep screeming at you! This one I didn't even fastforwarded, I skiped almost half of it (rest come through as I was frozen by not being able to belive what is happening on the screen). By the way the same Hyun as reason I even tried.. I must stop choosing drama this way.. but when I went with high scores I saw.. please be prepared .... Briliant Legacy!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 19th, '10, 23:33

Oh, I've watched Brilliant Legacy too... It was one of the first dramas my mom watched by herself and she remembered she liked it so she made me watch it too.
Of course, she soon realized she didn't know better at the time she first watched it and we both hated it then. Ahaha. Too much bad acting and crying for my taste.

But Playful Kiss, I warmed up to quite a bit. I loved the anime back when I had watched it and part of my liking the korean version was nostalgia, I guess. It's ok.

You should be careful about rating and popularity. Polls show how much a drama is talked about and mean it's popular. But popularity does not mean that it's good.
Usually, popular kdramas become that way because they have idols in them with a lot of fangirls. And those are the ones that vote and promote it as awesome.
That's what happened with BOF. So many fans found it great because it was a manga and a series and has handsome men and they make it out to be a masterpiece.
Because such fans can't judge real quality. To them, anything that's cute or has their favorite idol, is a real masterpiece, just as their idol is the best actor ever.

You should look at the plot and cast and see if that attracts you. Then, you should read a few posts or ask a few people about it and make sure you get educated opinions.
If a person talks like "kyaaa! OMG, he's so CUTE! (^_^)", then it's likely they love it blindly without even judging it with their minds. Those are fangirls and can't form a proper opinion.
Read opinions from people capable of making a complete sentence with logical and clear reasons why they like or dislike the series. Then you can trust their opinions more.
Ok, not that people like us don't kyaa and make smileys. Ahaha. We do. A lot. We usually have some more adult and coherent text with those as well though. That's the difference.

And of course, it all comes down to taste. One might like the same things that fangirls like. And a show being popular with fangirls does not mean it's definitely bad. Not at all.
Many shows with lots of fangirls are very very good. But that does not change the fact fangirls are not a trustworthy source on real quality. Taste varies, but good quality doesn't.

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 19th, '10, 23:49

I noticed. But unfortunately I also noticed that usually the first 2-3 parts are not enough (especially if it is one of looong dramas) for me to decide if I want to watch it. So I tend to download almost all and then start by skipping very fast and if I saw something which capture my interest I start to really watch it properly. Tme consuming, not to mention bandwidth :lol . But after I almost gave up on Time between Wolf and Dog and later Iris it is only way to do for me. Of course this way I have expirienced such gems like those mentioned above :lol.
On the other hand based of rankings I watched some really nice and funny ones too so I 'm checking forums from time to time.
And Japaneese versions generally: I like them - they are shorter :P And humor, maybe I just used to it as I was and still I am big fun of anime and manga (now I even learn French this way :whistling: )

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 20th, '10, 00:01

Hee hee. I started with anime and then moved to manga juuust a bit and then series. Jdrama. Pretty soon, I went to Korean stuff.
Now I don't watch anime anymore, neither jdrama. Although there's one I'd like to check out. Guilty. Want to see how Tamaki is doing.

But I think with Playful Kiss (getting back to the series, lol), they really did well with making it "Korean". Meaning, the adaptation was good and smartly done as well.
I haven't watched the old Japanese series, but I do think they did good with the Korean one, even with the cast. The "flaws" in the plot are from the original mostly.

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 20th, '10, 00:28

I 'm still mixing everything depending what I feel like doing at time, add K-pop and J-pop and you have full picture :lol
And back to actual drama, OK I do not deny it was crap from begining I just did not realized such when I started. As I am big fan of action drama I love romantic comedies and like to look back to high school times through it too so I was hoping for some nice time with a bit of laugh. And I did laugh - but it was mad one as I was going crazy. She put herself together and made it to this special study class but droped once again becouse he could not flirt there :blink . And the underhanded methodes she is using all the time? Sorry, in any other story the most hated "second girl" would be ashamed to play like this! And here they find it cute :crazy:. She is so shameless that I kept blinking and clean my ears. And he is tolerating it? Who would? I would personaly slaped her few times and deliver strong kick just for my own pleasure :wub:. The second girl (second, second I mean, from uni) is nice, pretty, inteligent and descent (for drama standart of course), good at sport... take her, boy, please, make us belive that inteligence will be passed to next generation. If not North Korea is waiting, remember! Be patriot!
Hm.. In case of Japan (as origin to this horrible thing), I do not know who is waiting, but can do it between themselves remember lemings - this is island!

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Nov 20th, '10, 02:43

I've always been a fan of this story, but I am glad they toned down the retardness of Ha Ni. As Ate Orion has mentioned, the rest of the versions has her being so much more grrrr-inducing dumbness. But since this is the first drama I've watched and loved (the Taiwanese version), it's all about nostalgic and love for me. Even now when I watch it, I can't bear to hate it. It's a thing for me, you know?

That's why even though it's a little far-fetched and unbelievable, and even though KHJ is a little cold, (a little?? hahaha), it's a must finish for me. If only for the sake of my love for ISWAK XD

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Nov 20th, '10, 21:17

I can only admire your dedication :thumright:
and understanad him being so cold :lol

User avatar
Yolchen
Posts: 62
Joined: May 21st, '08, 16:06
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by Yolchen » Nov 26th, '10, 10:35

I was honestly disappointed with this one. Managed to watch it till the end anyways (I don't know how)

Compared to the Japanese version (which was so-so) and the Taiwanese version (which I loved!) this one was very, very weak. They should've shortened the plot a lot more to fit it into 16 short episodes. This way it felt to me like random things were just happening all the time, but the characers didn't have time to develope. Watching it I could not at all understand how he would fall in love with her? At times the acting on her side made the whole scenes feel so awkward and fake (I also blame the script here..)

It's a pity because I liked the rest of the cast... They should've just skipped a few characters and events and made a 20 episode show out of it, then it would've been much better....

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Nov 26th, '10, 11:16

I also think they went too fast and I disagree about Ha Ni. Kotoko was much more annoying and clueless in the original. But for not understanding where and when he fell for her, I blame Kim "The Table" Hyun Joong.
He had to be the cold type of character, but he also had to show all those subtle emotions that make us realize Seung Jo is falling for her and he didn't succeed at that. You can't tell it's happening and suddenly, it's there.

It's cute and I forgive it cause I liked it as a whole, but the romance was no romance at all. Something which the original did have a bit more. Heck, even an animated character had more emotion that Seung Jo did here.
Although he did better than I expected, he still failed at showing us just how, little by little, Seung Jo fell for her. Which is why this role needed a strong actor that can do both. I had said so from the beginning. But anyway.

I still like the series. Partly because of emotional attachment to the anime and original story, also because of part of the cast, which was good and because it's light, fun and a good adaptation. I can't complain. They did good.

luffyhaci
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 26th, '10, 12:56

Post by luffyhaci » Nov 26th, '10, 13:02

if you want to download raw drama please take a visit at dramasnack.com..directdownload

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 2nd, '10, 00:46

You know what? I give up! Frustration just took over, so I posted, but after reading here a bit I went through next bit and grrrr!!!! :crazy: !!! I'm not cut for it. I'm going back to blood, swords, guns, fast cars and things like that. By the way, girls in such productions are pretty and devious not ugly and stupid (I'm still girl, if someone wonder, I'm just objecive).
Who wrote it? Any other manga of her was made to drama?

shiofmedea
Posts: 506
Joined: Jan 27th, '09, 10:08
Location: Paris

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 2nd, '10, 00:53

I found it! 23 volumes :blink . Ha! I know it now, he was just so tired after 22 that he gave up in 23? :whistling: I'm sarcastic I know. sorry, this drama just did it to me, I don't know why :scratch: usually I just do not care...

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Dec 2nd, '10, 00:55

I think it's because she died that she didn't get to finish it. That's what I've heard. There was more actually to come, but she had an accident and died at 38.

I'm actually waiting to finish this drama so that I can watch it in YouTube, I'm actually looking forward to that one. Hehehe

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest