Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Playful Kiss (MBC, 2010)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
User avatar
The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict
Posts: 692
Joined: May 23rd, '09, 07:30

Playful Kiss (MBC, 2010)

Post by The Chaos » Sep 5th, '10, 21:17

Image

Drama Info:
Title:장난스런 키스 / Jangnanseureon Kiss
Also known as: Playful Kiss, Naughty Kiss
Genre: Romance, school
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2010-Sep-01 to TBA
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Related TV shows: Itazura na Kiss , It Started with a Kiss

Story:
Based on the popular manga, Oh Ha Ni is a clumsy student who falls for the perfectionist, Baek Seung Jo. However, Seung Jo is indifferent towards her and rejects her love. When Ha Ni's house collapses, she and her father moves into his long-time friend's house. It turns out that Seung Jo is the friend's son and Ha Ni is given the opportunity to be near the guy she loves. Will she be able to move Seung Jo's heart?

Image
Last edited by The Chaos on Oct 8th, '10, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 5th, '10, 21:32

Okay-ish. Can't knock it yet, but I'm not impressed so far. Most of its elements and actors just annoy me. And of course, Kim "The Table" Hyun Joong being the main bad thing here.

I'll watch 3-4 episodes juuust to be sure cause I don't want to give it up before I give it a chance. It's just not my taste. I liked the anime, like the story, but just don't "feel" it this time around.

qeyzn
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 5th, '10, 19:04
Location: miri,sarawak

Post by qeyzn » Sep 5th, '10, 21:49

i just hope hyunjoong oppa's acting would be better this time. i would totally hate his acting ruin the drama...

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 5th, '10, 21:50

He actually did it. He ruined it!

User avatar
Sasorika
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 21st, '10, 22:10
Location: Prague

Post by Sasorika » Sep 5th, '10, 22:09

I think this role suits him. Main role should be emotionless or am I wrong? I have to say I like this version better than taiwanese so far.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 6th, '10, 07:00

Sasorika wrote:I think this role suits him. Main role should be emotionless or am I wrong? I have to say I like this version better than taiwanese so far.
I wouldn't say the role should be emotionless; there is actually a lot of nuance that needs to be in the role because the character doesn't realize his love for a little awhile, and then after that pretends he doesn't. I thought Joe Cheng was good at this in the Taiwanese version. He had subtle facial expressions when he was jealous, and his "trying to fake sternness while fighting laughter" face was convincing.

I'm finding the Korean version okay so far. I like that Ha Ni is less cartoonishly dumb (thus far) than Xiang Qin was and they've given her a talent (art), but I don't like that the rest of the characters are more cartoonish and her fantasy dream sequences run a bit overlong. I can't tell if the main characters have real chemistry yet, but Joe and Ariel were so charming in the original that it might be tough to match, even for the TW version's flaws. I don't like the Korean version parents as much, either.

Quistounette
Posts: 116
Joined: Jun 11th, '07, 11:24

Post by Quistounette » Sep 6th, '10, 07:39

I still have not see the 1st ep, I'm not fan of k-drama (I think it will be my 4th one) but I really liked the TW version, the japanese one was not so bad either, the two main actors were really convincing.
I don't really know the 2 actors playing (didn't see HDY korean version concerning the guy) so I will see later ^^.

foxtoast>I agree with what you say, his character is particular and difficult to play, Joe Cheng was amazing in the role, especially in the 2nd season ^^

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 6th, '10, 07:59

Well I've "seen" the first and second episode, and even though I haven't understood a single word of what they're saying but I'm seriously enjoying myself really so far. Sure I was hoping for a better actor other than Mr. Table, but hey me thinks he's improving. He's actually showing some emotions in the second episode. Also I really liked the smile he gave when Ha Ni said thank you to him. It was a pretty nice smile, really. I'm also looking forward to the next few episodes because... as I've heard... people say he got "better" at least at the third episode, so I'm looking forward to that :)

Now ISWAK, that's my most favoritest, hahahah, drama ever. It's what got me started watching all kinds of dramas. And sure it has a lot of flaws but Joe Cheng was awesome in it. He acted really well in there because like someone mentioned up there, he really could convey some serious emotions with a slight smile or a slight look. Ariel Lin was pretty good too, but I have to agree Ha Ni's portrayal is a slight improvement as Xiang Xin was seriously idiotic... but Ha Ni... seems well... she just seems goofy (referring on some vikiii videos I've watched because I'm still waiting for the proper subs to come out).

All in all, it's not as bad as I was expecting, really, and I look forward to adding this to my ISWAK collection in my brain. Hahahah I've watched the Japanese version, the anime and of course the taiwanese version

knuts
Posts: 273
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 20:43

Post by knuts » Sep 6th, '10, 18:31

After reading a lot about KHJ having improved, I think I started to expect too much.

He did not bother me in BOF, but here?

I wished Lee Min Ho had taken this role. It may not have been a challenging role for him, but it would have made this drama much better.

oh well...maybe things will improve

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 6th, '10, 21:53

Maybe a silly question, but when it says it airs "Wed & Thrs" does that mean that they show two new eps per week or that they rerun the Wednesday episode on Thursday? I know two eps are already out but I didn't notice the ad and thought it was because they did a double-length premiere.

knuts
Posts: 273
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 20:43

Post by knuts » Sep 6th, '10, 22:13

foxtoast wrote:Maybe a silly question, but when it says it airs "Wed & Thrs" does that mean that they show two new eps per week or that they rerun the Wednesday episode on Thursday? I know two eps are already out but I didn't notice the ad and thought it was because they did a double-length premiere.
2 eps per week. One on Wed and one on Thu normally.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 7th, '10, 00:15

@knuts, really? I think he showed more emotion here than in BOF. Because in BOF he was practically a wooden table right there... and now at episode 2 there's actually expressions of emotions and you actually know what his character is thinking. Though I have to admit he was pretty much a wooden puppet in the first episode.

Also, try not to raise your expectations because if he doesn't act well, it won't bother you as much, and if he does... well what a pleasant surprise right? Ah the power of pessimism. Nothing bad happens without you expecting it, and when something good does happen it's a happy surprise.

User avatar
Sasorika
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 21st, '10, 22:10
Location: Prague

Post by Sasorika » Sep 7th, '10, 11:42

janajee wrote:@knuts, really? I think he showed more emotion here than in BOF. Because in BOF he was practically a wooden table right there... and now at episode 2 there's actually expressions of emotions and you actually know what his character is thinking. Though I have to admit he was pretty much a wooden puppet in the first episode.

Also, try not to raise your expectations because if he doesn't act well, it won't bother you as much, and if he does... well what a pleasant surprise right? Ah the power of pessimism. Nothing bad happens without you expecting it, and when something good does happen it's a happy surprise.
I think his character should be like this in first episode. I have to agree in BOF he was a rock but it was cool on the other side :D.
I really like his smile in second ep :)
Good advice :)

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 11:48

From those shots dongsaeng posted (luv^^) I saw his smile was rather a contraction of muscles, but I can be wrong. Waiting for any more snapshots from anyone of the Ep 03 when it comes.
I know, I can take fluff, but I can't take stupidity.

The horse in ep 01 was nice, though. Wish I saw more of it^^

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 7th, '10, 13:05

Jana is talking about another scene. Ha Ni thanks what's-his-name and after he turns his back to her, he smiles cause he liked the thanking. That was a proper smile indeed. On my way to make a screenie.

Actually, I'll make a video. You can actually see him smile a little first and then make a wider one. It's fascinating to see the nightstand actually smile like that.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 13:10

I need proof for that. Can't believe it sorry.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 7th, '10, 13:15

Uploading the proof in about 2 minutes. :P

Here:

Tables Do Smile

I'll erase it after you see it, so tell me when you've downloaded it.

He even does this head tilting thing, as if he's thinking "Yeah, I do rock, don't I?". Ahahaha. Personally, I've seen more expression in this smile than I did in all of BOF. XD
This looks natural. It made me smile too and it made the character approachable. I am still watching this cause I do want to see what he does when "Naoki"'s emotions kick in.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 13:25

Omo, was it a smile?? A Smile???

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 7th, '10, 13:30

That was a smile! A real smile! You should've seen MY face when this happened.

I smiled a wiiiide smile and thought "Ahaha. That's cute" followed by an awe stricken expression at the reaction I actually had to an EMOTION he showed.
Never expected to react to this actor. Well, only as much as he "acted" for me. XD He might still be salvageable yet! He could actually not suck this badly in the future!

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 7th, '10, 15:23

Orion1986 wrote: He even does this head tilting thing, as if he's thinking "Yeah, I do rock, don't I?". Ahahaha. Personally, I've seen more expression in this smile than I did in all of BOF. XD
This looks natural. It made me smile too and it made the character approachable. I am still watching this cause I do want to see what he does when "Naoki"'s emotions kick in.
Yeah, it wasn't so bad, was it? I'll wait and see how he does as the plot progresses and the character develops, but I think he gets a lot of flack for bad direction. He's not a gifted actor, but directors have a lot of control over whether a performance is good or bad. The direction he got in BOF was probably part of why he was as interesting as a cardboard cutout. Average/mediocre talent + bad direction (especially with a character who's already a bit boring/mildly autistic) = train wreck.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 15:29

And I thought it was only me and Orion being b*tchy about him. Good to know there are people outside!!
I can watch this as the universal tale of Kimnocchio wanting to be a human^^
But if they don't tone down the Toji Suzuhara-wannabe a bit, I'm out.

User avatar
12bucklemyshoe
Posts: 165
Joined: Jul 15th, '07, 02:24

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Sep 7th, '10, 15:47

Kim Hyun Joong has got quite a smile, hasn't he? I think he's going to be my fall drama crush. His acting isn't as bad as I expected and I enjoyed the cuteness and chemistry in the second episode. I think I'm going to enjoy this drama.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 7th, '10, 16:27

My Fall crush is Lee Seung Ki. :heart:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Wish I could see Ethlenn's face when she read that. :P
No. Just kidding. I don't enjoy the idea of kissing dead carps.
I still don't find The Table a decent actor OR handsome, but I'm willing to give him a chance.
I mean, he'd only done BOF, which was horrible in itself, so I guess one more go is ok.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 16:40

That was my face when I read it:
Image
But after a second:
Image
Like I would believe you...


On the less bloody note:

SBS announced that the booklet titled "READY, ACTION!" will be released in the country on September 15, while preorders for the book began on September 1 in Korea and was pre-sold in Japan last month.

And I think the title is crucial.
KHJ is READY for some real ACTION.
That is he started to move his face muscles.
Image

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 7th, '10, 16:58

Ahahahaha. Those are some lovely expressions. Na Gil-nim should shave more often. He's cute. (don't bite now, I'm just sayin') :P

And yes, KHJ seems to be learning how to control his facial muscles now. He's doing good. Keep it up man. For our eyes' sake.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 17:01

:offtopic: Nooooooo!!! Don't let him shave!!! :offtopic:

I'm calm now. But he's not afraid of wrinkles, that's for sure, those faces he makes on plan and behind it... jeez, behave man!
Edit: I wasn't talking about The Table.

User avatar
MikiBlue7
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 27th, '10, 16:47
Location: My room

Post by MikiBlue7 » Sep 7th, '10, 17:30

Haha, hi I'm new here
I didn't know people called Kim Hyun Joong "Mr. Table"

Well about this series, I've seen the taiwanese version and I watched also the anime. Like some of you said I enjoy that in this version Ha Ni it's not so "dumb" as the taiwanese version. I'm really happy that Jung So Min (Oh Ha Ni) took this role, this is only her second drama and I think she rocks! She really knows how to act. As for the fantasies, altough it's supposed for her to daydream and not to concentrate in class, 3 fantasies are too much for an episode.
I was so scared in the first episode, II didn't see much of Kim Hyun Joong acting because of the fantasies. But we can see that he is A LOT MORE MEANY that Joe Cheng in the taiwanese version. He really embarrass her in front of everyone and I think he plays well the ARROGANT part. We can not see much of his acting on episode 1. But I love the fact that he doesn't give DAMN to Oh Ha Ni, this guy is cold, he thinks that he's really the BEST.
As for EPISODE 2 is a total different story to me - the guy that it's supposed to be cold to her actually really cares about her (I love the part that he was very procuppied about her when she was going out at night and that pervert could do something to her, ttaht was COOL!).
As when she discovers that his mother dressed him as a girl and she threats him with a picture of him I was surprised with his facial expression he was like "Where did you got this?!" and I don't know if you noticed but on 00:44:17 when he's running to catch Oh Ha Ni when he does it he's so close to her I felt like he is SHY on that moment and also SCARED! Wow! I think that in this part when he's running to catch you may REALLY start to see their chemistry, which I think it's pretty good!
I also love his smile when she says "THANK YOU!"

I feel like you, episode 1 was a little bit boring, but I think we mustn't forget that Hwang In Roe is the same director as Goong and took this project. Goong in my opinion at the beginning was pretty more boring than (almost till episode 9 the sotry is very boring) - GOONG IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DRAMAS SO I JUST SAY "Have faith on the director" and Kim hyung Joong is not that bad", anyway this is just my opinion... give this drama a chance since spidoe 2 was very good

User avatar
Sasorika
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 21st, '10, 22:10
Location: Prague

Post by Sasorika » Sep 7th, '10, 17:34

MikiBlue7 wrote:Haha, hi I'm new here
I didn't know people called Kim Hyun Joong "Mr. Table"

Well about this series, I've seen the taiwanese version and I watched also the anime. Like some of you said I enjoy that in this version Ha Ni it's not so "dumb" as the taiwanese version. I'm really happy that Jung So Min (Oh Ha Ni) took this role, this is only her second drama and I think she rocks! She really knows how to act. As for the fantasies, altough it's supposed for her to daydream and not to concentrate in class, 3 fantasies are too much for an episode.
I was so scared in the first episode, II didn't see much of Kim Hyun Joong acting because of the fantasies. But we can see that he is A LOT MORE MEANY that Joe Cheng in the taiwanese version. He really embarrass her in front of everyone and I think he plays well the ARROGANT part. We can not see much of his acting on episode 1. But I love the fact that he doesn't give DAMN to Oh Ha Ni, this guy is cold, he thinks that he's really the BEST.
As for EPISODE 2 is a total different story to me - the guy that it's supposed to be cold to her actually really cares about her (I love the part that he was very procuppied about her when she was going out at night and that pervert could do something to her, ttaht was COOL!).
As when she discovers that his mother dressed him as a girl and she threats him with a picture of him I was surprised with his facial expression he was like "Where did you got this?!" and I don't know if you noticed but on 00:44:17 when he's running to catch Oh Ha Ni when he does it he's so close to her I felt like he is SHY on that moment and also SCARED! Wow! I think that in this part when he's running to catch you may REALLY start to see their chemistry, which I think it's pretty good!
I also love his smile when she says "THANK YOU!"

I feel like you, episode 1 was a little bit boring, but I think we mustn't forget that Hwang In Roe is the same director as Goong and took this project. Goong in my opinion at the beginning was pretty more boring than (almost till episode 9 the sotry is very boring) - GOONG IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DRAMAS SO I JUST SAY "Have faith on the director" and Kim hyung Joong is not that bad", anyway this is just my opinion... give this drama a chance since spidoe 2 was very good
Nice said, I totally agree in everything with you :).

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 7th, '10, 21:27

Hahahaha, yes Ate Ethlenn that was the smile I was talking about. I totally tried to get a screen of shot of it but it was really hard to do cause it always came out blurry. Hahahha, like even my comp is shocked at the expression of emotion. Hahahaha.

@MikiBlue; i'm hoping to see more emotions by episode 3 actually. Meh, I'm cheering Mr. Table on! Gambate! Hwaiting! Because I know that even though he was horrid in BOF, he seems to be showing some improvement in this episode. Episode three, according to some preview, promises to more emotion too.

@Ate Ethlenn, are we talking about the elvis looking guy? Cause he annoys me too. I mean in the Taiwanese, that character was one of my favorites, but... Mr. Elvis is pretty much ruining it for me.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 7th, '10, 21:45

Yes, love, the same guy. He annoyed the crap out of me.

But be careful, the more emotions out of KHJ and your PC may go on strike, hehe... Cause of the surprise, of course ^^

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 8th, '10, 23:21

Well currently downloading Episode 3. Most likely will watch it again without subs, because I'm quite excited for the sports fest that they're going to have. We'll have to see whether KHJ will have more expressions of emotions this time around. My fingers have been practicing to catch it as a picture! Or maybe make it into a tiny gif or video.

:)

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 8th, '10, 23:32

I'm having a significant experience right now... I feel time and space being distorted. Planets align and sea currents shift.
This is what it must feel like to be on LSD... Either that or the Apocalypse is upon us. Something is definitely up.
Kim "The Table" Hyun Joong is making even more expressions in Episode 3. He has emotions!!!! Not only that, I'm also finding him a bit cute.
I'm finding The Table cute! My God... Keun Suk's madness has finally driven me 'round the bend... I think I need a moment to gather my wits...

Ok, jokes aside, Episode 3 is looking good. Plus, I love Ha Ni for doing that "finger up yer "drainpipe"" trick on him. Even made him do another expression!
Well, he does deserve it, the bastard. It's still a bit too childish and boring though. I mean, a school sports tournament? Can't you leave such stuff out?

As for The Table, I really am shocked to see more and more faces on him. He's still bad, but at least he's not a complete furniture anymore.
And yes, he is cute. Look, he doesn't have much of a face, but at least he's not as sickly thin as he was in BOF and the hair isn't as "Go Nippon!" either.
What do you expect? I'm so used to seeing the Princess look so awful that any guy looks decent. Ok, not Lee Seung Ki. He's too damn fugly.

He's doing ok though. I mean, it's Episode 3 and we're already having a few different expressions. Imagine what we'll have in 2-3 episodes! Ahaha.
He's trying. He's trying hard (I think). Plus, BOF was too bad for me to be forgiving of yet another crappy element of it, that being his "performance".
I can forgive it more here and I guess I was expecting something so awful that his slight improvement just feels all the more better. Makes one hopeful.

Jana, Viikii has it with subs. If you're interested. And I'll be making short clips of his emotions too. By the end of the series, I think I'll make a special collection. :rofl:

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 8th, '10, 23:45

There's always school sports stuff I think everywhere. I mean we have it here in the Philippines, so I think it's like that as well everywhere... do they actually have that in other Asian countries? Cause I was only sure that it happens in Japan, and here because we have it here... even colleges have it here... In Brunei though, we didn't have anything like it... we tried at my high-school once, but they didn't do it again. I don't know why though because it was such a fun event. Hahahahaha.

I tried using vikii but it doesn't seem to be working properly for me. That's why I couldn't appreciate it. Huhuhuhuh, so anyway, I'll just patiently wait for the subs to come out at Haru2.

As for emotions? Really? Cooooolies! Hwaiting Mr. Table! I'm cheering for you on your continual improvement!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 9th, '10, 00:24

I watched the whole episode. I think I'm gonna cry! He has emotions! This is so moving! Ahaha! He can FEEEEEEL! :rofl: Surely a sign of the Apocalypse!
I really have to make clips of all of these. He's doing great. We got proper frustration, jealousy, surprise and even some smile variations. He's got variations! XD

Also, I don't know if he really has issues with touching, but he's doing plenty of it here. From being lifted and hugged by a whole group to giving piggy-back rides.
He seems comfortable enough with it so I guess it's not a big issue. Either that, or he actually managed to hide it very well. He doesn't seem afraid of people though.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '10, 01:12

Am I the only one who thinks that study hall looks like a punishment rather than a reward? What a weird way to acknowledge the top 50 students.

Joon Gu is going to drive me up the wall. I didn't know how good we had it with Ah Jin, who was a bit annoying but pretty sweet. I would chew my own foot off to get away from the greaser.

(And there were smiles and little flickers of emotion! It lives!)

User avatar
Sasorika
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug 21st, '10, 22:10
Location: Prague

Post by Sasorika » Sep 9th, '10, 01:23

Oh girls, It's 3 AM and I actually fell on a floor from laughing :D. Your posts made my day/night :D.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 01:55

Still haven't finished downloading it... That's what I get for living in a country where slow downloading speeds is a national epidemic.

Let's talk about Elivs-look-alike. Does he seriously have to be like that? I miss Ah Jin. Ah Jin was just the right type of loveable idiot. I mean I actually felt sorry for him when Xiang Xin chose Zhi Shu over him. But with how Elivs Wannabe is acting... I think I'm going to be more than happy that he gets his greasy self dumped.

Study hall? Against actual listening in class? Possibility of free time all to yourself? I think that's a valid reward. But maybe that's how I understand study hall over here. It usually equates free time. Hahahahah :)

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '10, 02:18

So study hall is instead of regular class? (Does that mean Ha Ni's friends were cutting class when they came to see her?) That makes more sense, since you could get your homework done and have less to do after school. But it's still a funny way to reward students who do well--take them out of class. When I was in high school the only thing that looked like this 'study hall' was on Saturday morning, and it was a punishment.

I've already expressed dislike of Grease Monkey. Give it another episode or two and my hatred will fully solidify. I hope Christine never shows up because I couldn't wish that guy on anyone.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 02:43

I also can't possibly find any girl who find that man attractive. It's just impossible to think... Though I have to admit, I still don't hate him as much as some may have. Probably because of the fact that I can't understand what they're saying.

I need proper subs soon.

Hahahaha.

Also I can't wait to see how KHJ evolve. Hopefully Mr. Table will continue surprise. Will probably have more to say when I actually finish watching it, with out without the subs :)

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '10, 03:02

The actor is really cute, so it's a testament to how unappealing that character is that I think he's really unattractive in this drama.

Are you just downloading them raw? The sub team at viikii gets the English subs up really quickly for streaming. That's what I'm watching now; they put about 98% complete subs this evening, which is a pretty impressive turn around.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 04:51

I actually prefer raw, and then wait until the quality subs to come out and sync them, because vikii doesn't seem to work with me at all. Haaaay. But since I've watched ALL of the versions, except maybe read the manga, so I can pretty much understand what was going on.

I totally agree with that actor being cute cause I saw a proper picture of him somewhere... but the character he is playing is seriously screwed up. Which is a real shame, really.

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 9th, '10, 06:21

I'm still downloading the drama, but I've finished watching the anime and I've watched all the long previews on youtube so far. I can safely say the korean version is quite faithfully following the anime storyline. The changes they made didn't affect the plot much.

I wish people would stop comparing this role to Yoon Ji Hoo. If you know how different Naoki Irie is from Hanazawa Rui, you'd find that it's a ridiculous comparison. I love Hanazawa Rui, and if you describe KHJ acting in BOF a 'rock' then you've perfectly described Hanazawa Rui's character in the manga. KHJ used the manga as reference, not Meteor Garden or Hana Yori Dango. In fact, Yoon Ji Hoo becomes a more approachable character by the end of BOF. I think the production team, esp the director, cracked under pressure from the demands of the uninformed mob.

Anyway, back to Playful Kiss.. I couldn't like Naoki Irie's character in the anime or Zhi Shu in ISWAK. He's just.. evil... grrr. The actors did a good job. But I like it that Baek Seung Jo says mean things to Oh Hani and yet follows her lead reluctantly.. even taking care of her behind her back. His eyes are always following her.. *love* ...he's gentler in his approach despite his impatience.

Joon Gu was exactly like Kin-chan in the anime. Ah Jin is too adorable and cute to be annoying. Kin-chan is really reaaaaally annoying. Christine is bullied severely by the guy. I think the cast for the Korean drama really fits the anime pretty well. Hope the storyline will keep getting more and more interesting.

...and the school race is a pretty big scene in the anime, ok. Why should they take that one out of the drama?? Arggh, the demands of the mob. Can't win against them..

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 06:43

But the whole purpose of a remake isn't really to be completely faithful right? I mean if that were the case then what's the point of creating a remake that pretty much is the same is pretty much creating the same thing all over again. I like the differences, it makes everything fresh and brand new.

I very much disagree however with Hanaza Rui's character. I've read the manga, and he was not a rock. Yeah, he was phlegmatic and slow, but definitely not a rock. Hana Yori Dango, the japanese version, was pretty well done too. Even the taiwanese was pretty great. I'm not bashing BOF because I enjoyed it too, but I didn't enjoy it because of Yoon Ji Hoo... Gu Jun Pyo was the star of that show for me. In fact it was the first time I preferred Takeshi's character over Rui's character because it was that bad, honest.

And Zhi Shu being evil? Really? I just can't see that either. I mean honestly, at first he just didn't care, but evil? *shakes head* When he got jealous, when he tried to stifle his laughter, whenever he protected her especially in season 2? That is not evil. That is awesome.

As for Joon Gu, I get that he has to be annoying, but there's annoying in a classy way that doesn't ruin the character, and there's just plain cheesy. Grease Elvis falls under that cheesy category.

In fact I'm hoping that they DON'T copy the anime, because if they did... then what's the point? I'd be watching the same thing again in just a different language, with different characters.

And I hardly think we're the mob. We're the minority thank you very much.

...

Still downloading maaaaaan. Takes far far FAR too long.

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 9th, '10, 09:03

janajee wrote:But the whole purpose of a remake isn't really to be completely faithful right? I mean if that were the case then what's the point of creating a remake that pretty much is the same is pretty much creating the same thing all over again. I like the differences, it makes everything fresh and brand new.

I very much disagree however with Hanaza Rui's character. I've read the manga, and he was not a rock. Yeah, he was phlegmatic and slow, but definitely not a rock. Hana Yori Dango, the japanese version, was pretty well done too. Even the taiwanese was pretty great. I'm not bashing BOF because I enjoyed it too, but I didn't enjoy it because of Yoon Ji Hoo... Gu Jun Pyo was the star of that show for me. In fact it was the first time I preferred Takeshi's character over Rui's character because it was that bad, honest.

And Zhi Shu being evil? Really? I just can't see that either. I mean honestly, at first he just didn't care, but evil? *shakes head* When he got jealous, when he tried to stifle his laughter, whenever he protected her especially in season 2? That is not evil. That is awesome.

As for Joon Gu, I get that he has to be annoying, but there's annoying in a classy way that doesn't ruin the character, and there's just plain cheesy. Grease Elvis falls under that cheesy category.

In fact I'm hoping that they DON'T copy the anime, because if they did... then what's the point? I'd be watching the same thing again in just a different language, with different characters.

And I hardly think we're the mob. We're the minority thank you very much.

...

Still downloading maaaaaan. Takes far far FAR too long.
*agrees* I actually sort of liked Ji Hoo, but I think I may have been in the minority, and I don't think he was particularly well-written or well-acted. And he definitely couldn't hold his own against Jun Pyo, unlike Hanazawa Rui in the manga or JP drama. (I don't normally care much about the quiet, cold guys, but Rui really grew on me because they managed to develop his character a bit beyond sitting there and looking quietly surly.) And Zhi Shu? Calling him evil is practically sacrilege. Dense and sometimes inconsiderate and immature, yes, but not evil by any stretch of the imagination. Unless by "evil" you mean "adorable" in which case, sure...

I don't want them to copy the anime, either. Trying to translating things literally from manga or anime to live action drives me a little batty because it ends up being so ridiculous and cheesy. Ah Jin is a good example of how to do it right--he was a bit OTT, but not unbelievable as a person, and he captured the devotion to Xiang Qin and why he annoys her without be a completely irritating farce and cardboard cut out of a person. They're doing okay with Ha Ni and Seung Jo, so why not turn the metaphorical volume down on Greaser? The whole point of doing a live action version is to adapt it to live action, not do an anime in 3D :glare: (The live action adaptations of Hana Yori Dango cut out all the parts in which Tsukasa hits Tsukushi, but nobody complains about that. Thank goodness. Completely literal translations from page to film aren't necessarily a good thing.)

And I can't believe you're still downloading! I can't believe I'm still awake at 4 am, either. Insomnia is evil.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 09:23

Yes. Sacrilege. Blasphemy. All kinds of other irreligious things that one can think of. Zhi Shu was one of my favorite characters ever created. He wasn't even a bad boy, which sometimes gets overplayed nowadays. He was just a normal smart (intellectual) person with a quiet personality. Sure genius, but pretty darn believable human being.

Ahem.

I'M DONE! Hahahah, just finished. DUDE, the Philippines has a world-wide epidemic of slow downloads. While Europe and America complain when speeds reach on 60kbps... we call that speed a good day in the internet world.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 9th, '10, 09:36

Oh btw, since not everyone here follows Viikii, please post any spoilers in tags till we get the "official" subs.

Jana, does Viikii give you the message that you need to download the plugin? You should. It's awesome.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '10, 09:41

But it has a bug^^
OK, it's awesome (the plugin, not you know who).
I will folow this thread, although I seriously dropped this drama. May watch it when everything else get obliterated from the Earth surface.

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 9th, '10, 09:47

We'll be documenting his expressions for science. Lol. I really will make a video of them after the series is over. These are worth their own video! :rofl:

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '10, 09:51

And they will hit over 200 millions of views on Youtube! muahahahaa!!!

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 9th, '10, 09:52

I'm sure they will. It will probably be covered by all the major networks around the world. It will be on big screens everywhere! The Table is revealed to have emotions!

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 10:46

Hahahaha, alright, alright, I shall give it a shot.

Though... what kind of bug is it, Ate Ethlenn??

User avatar
Orion1986
Posts: 3027
Joined: Dec 28th, '09, 20:50
Contact:

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 9th, '10, 10:54

No bug for me. Works just fine. I just have to close it, cause it's open each time I turn on the PC, and only turn it on when I'm watching. Other than that, it hasn't given me any problems.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '10, 11:44

I didn't have any problems as well, but there were many people who had. That is why I'm reporting.

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 9th, '10, 12:28

Re-read Hana Yori Dango manga right after I made that comment. I dunno.. maybe it's just personal preference. I like the 'rock' Ji Hoo a lot. When he becomes more approachable nearing the end of the drama, I was not happy. At the time I didn't know who KHJ is and I knew Rui was supposed to have Asperger syndrom. I just finished watching a movie on an Asperger character so I thought Ji Hoo was played nicely. Hanazawa Rui by Shun Oguri was the reason Hana Yori Dango was a big turn off for me. Luckily I'm Matsu Jun fan so I could still watch it to the end. But it's not my favourite version.

oops.. I should have spelled evil with a 'b' ..don't want to commit blasphemy in the dramaverse.

Joe Cheng's long hair and plain shirts in ISWAK distracted me so much.. I just can't see why Xiang Qin bothers. But TKA worked for me completely due to Zhi Shu and Ah Jin..oh, and Qitai.. lemme make that clear. Xiang Qin just plain annoyed the sox off me in ISWAK. But in TKA she could be cute. So I concluded that it's the hair style in ISWAK that did it. She looked retarded and not adorable at all.

But hey.. I think Playful Kiss has what it takes to be a memorable drama. FIrst the very low initial rating controversy. Now the 'inapporiate for kids' controversy. What next?
Last edited by cghu007 on Sep 10th, '10, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MiiutaChan
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 22nd, '10, 06:13
Location: Nirvana

Post by MiiutaChan » Sep 9th, '10, 13:17

I think that this drama is not so good how some people are saying, I was watching the first 2 episodes but I'm not to enthusiastic about what's next , but I will give it another chance and watch the next episodes.

User avatar
MikiBlue7
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 27th, '10, 16:47
Location: My room

Post by MikiBlue7 » Sep 9th, '10, 13:28

OMO OMO, THINGS ARE NOW GETTING HOT HERE! :lol

I knew episode 3 was going to be awesome! ;D

Btw, hey people you are discussing now more... that's good to know ;)

Ok, after watching ep.3 I may say that I'm impressed with Kim yung Joo, he really has improved his skills =). I just loved when he gets so angry with Ha Ni, especially at the end when he sees the pics of he and Ha Ni sleeping together in the computers of school.

I will even make avatars of him....

BUT HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED THIS?
Have you seen his facial expressions when he won the running race ??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::wub:
OMG he was so freaking HANDSOME, smiling and touching his heart? When I saw this I said "WHy is he doing this?" :wub:

I think it's because when Ha Ni was angry to him when he was rude to Bank Jung go (is this the name of the guy tthat loves Ha NI??) she did not only get EXTREMELY angry but defended Bank Jun Go, in an indirect way she said "HE is way better than you" -

I think that that really made him freaking SCARED! He was looking at her in his house and he was impressed at the fact that Oh Ha Ni showed him DISDAIN! :D ~nice girl

The running race was a way (this is only my opinion) to show Ha Ni that he's way better than Bank Jun Go - it's like "I won, she only loves me, I'm the only that can make her heart race" - That's why his extremely happy face:wub: :wub: ~ Ha Ni was so confused when he started smiling at her HAHAHA :D ...if he smiled like that to me, I think I would fall to the ground hehe :wub:

ANyway I just loved this episode and can't wait for the next one :D
BTW
cghu007
"Anyway, back to Playful Kiss.. I couldn't like Naoki Irie's character in the anime or Zhi Shu in ISWAK. He's just.. evil... grrr. The actors did a good job. But I like it that Baek Seung Jo says mean things to Oh Hani and yet follows her lead reluctantly.. even taking care of her behind her back. His eyes are always following her.. *love* ...he's gentler in his approach despite his impatience."
cghu007 - I don't agree with you HATING Joe CHeng (Naoki Irie) in ISWAK, I think he played well the caracther... but there was a thing that I didn't like it at all!!!
The final episode of the first season of ISWAK just proved how PROUD Naoki Irie was, not confessing even at the end (in the wedding ceremony) that he REALLY LOVED Xiang Qin.
I love the fact that in the korean version we can see that this Naoki Irie (Bank Seun joo) really does care about Ha Ni :-) and doesn't want to show... ahhh in episode 3 when Ha Ni was so tired and with pain and was going to help in the kitchen he said "You should re... Oh well, if you wanna help!" - oh so cute.... :P this Naoki Irie is more sweet in my opinion =) I love it...but more pervert too...what was that with the boobs?! :lol
mod edit: you were asked to do it. Please comply with the rules, and this place will be a funny and comfy place.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '10, 13:36

Either you will use spoiler tags, or I'm going to do it for you!! There are people who didn't watch it yet.
I'll give you 5 minutes!

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 9th, '10, 14:55

*runs away from the fray of bullets that will come soon*

We ought to do it real soon! I think we'll definitely get punished.

Sorry Ate Ethlenn, will edit my posts now :)

EDITED
@cghu; hmmm, well I've never really encountered said disease so um, my bad? Hahahah, but I really do think it's a matter of perception. Rui in the manga could totally hold up his own against Takeshi. I read the manga first before I watched any of the versions, including the meteor garden one, so I was totally happy with the Japanese live action. Maybe it is a manner of perception.

JUN FAN?! Me too?! How awesome is he? I mean WOWZER :) Hahahah
Now ISWAK related stuff like Zhi Shu, I admit his hair was weird around the end. Hahahah, but everything else... He just acted so cool that I cannot even begin to describe the awesomeness that is him. Hahahaha. He was pretty amazing in TKA too... Though I was slightly frustrated by how they fought and how Zhi Shu acted toward Xiang Xin when the "other man" came around. Hahahahaha. It was totally Zhi Shu's fault man. He was jealous and he didn't know how to handle it. Hahahaha in fact Ah Jin's reaction totally made me laugh. I've totally loved it when he said that that's what he's been feeling all these years. HAHAHAHAH
Last edited by janajee on Sep 9th, '10, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 9th, '10, 15:00

That wasn't you, but MikiBlue7 post. 5 minutes has passed.

User avatar
MikiBlue7
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 27th, '10, 16:47
Location: My room

Post by MikiBlue7 » Sep 9th, '10, 15:08

so sorry Ethelen =( I still don't know very how to make these things... I will have more careful :salut:

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 02:57

So having just finished downloading episode four and watching it raw again, hahahaha, I have to say I'm becoming very much nostalgic of some of the scenes of this episode.
Hehehehe it was funny when Joe Cheng said no to teach Xiang Xin's classmates, and it's still funny when KHJ said it. Hahahaha. I also completely liked the whole scene where Hani chased him around, after falling down several times. Hahahahaha they looked like they were having fun. Hahahaha
So far still good :)

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 10th, '10, 04:52

Yeah, so far so good, but I still can't help but compare Seung Jo to Zhi Shu. Such as --
I think Zhi Shu is much more seductive than Seung Jo. With Zhi Shu, you get the feeling that he can push *any* girl's buttons and knows it, but Seung Jo really only works on Ha Ni. In the bed scene at the end of ep 4, I dunno, in the TW version it's like Zhi Shu is hungry and hiding it by tormenting Xiang Qin. Even though Seung Jo is also just doing it to get a rise out of Ha Ni, I don't get the sense that he's having nearly as much fun as Zhi Shu does, or that he even necessarily does want to kiss her.

But it's sort of cute how ridiculously immature Seung Jo is. A girl who isn't even your girlfriend compliments another guy's cooking and you take her food away? Way harsh, Seung Jo. :P
They're cute, and I like Ha Ni quite a bit, but they haven't shown whether they have a lot of chemistry yet. But... I'm still rooting for them.
Last edited by foxtoast on Sep 10th, '10, 05:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 04:59

Hahahahaha
Well true, but Joe Cheng was an amazing actor, and KHJ isn't.... so much as amazing. Hahaha, I'm actually quite relieved that it didn't look as bad as I was expecting. Speaking of jealous scenes... do you think they'll actually do the scene with Xiang Xin and the tennis playing senpai dude, when they were planning to pretend to be together. And they were whispering behind some bushes and laughing... Zhi Shu's face right there... with the jealousness was pure priceless. I'm not expecting much, but I hope they do that scene because it's also one of my favorite scenes. Hahahaha

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 10th, '10, 05:10

janajee wrote:Hahahahaha
Well true, but Joe Cheng was an amazing actor, and KHJ isn't.... so much as amazing. Hahaha, I'm actually quite relieved that it didn't look as bad as I was expecting. Speaking of jealous scenes... do you think they'll actually do the scene with Xiang Xin and the tennis playing senpai dude, when they were planning to pretend to be together. And they were whispering behind some bushes and laughing... Zhi Shu's face right there... with the jealousness was pure priceless. I'm not expecting much, but I hope they do that scene because it's also one of my favorite scenes. Hahahaha
Yeah, I think Joe Cheng is just a good actor even by non-drama standards (though I think it's really funny when there are bits in ISWAK when he's basically playing himself, usually when he's laughing with Xiang Qin and it's not very Zhi-Shu-ish), and KHJ just isn't, so when you compare the two KHJ will always seem lacking, but maybe a little bit of it is also that Korean dramas are typically more conservative? In the TW version he practically crawls up her body and gets very close. Maybe on Korean TV that's considered a little too risque for a "kid's" show? But... a big part of the difference is KHJ, I can't lie. Poor KHJ. He's got a tough act to follow.

I love that scene with Xiang Qin and ...(how terrible, I can't remember his name and I'm rewatching ISWAK right now) Tennis-senior. That and the scene where she goes to Zhi Shu's cafe with the boy who wants to date her and for a split second Zhi Shu is really upset and jealous and then Xiang Qin immediately blows her cover and he knows she's not really interested in him, and so proceeds to tease her by playing along. They'll probably put those both in, but their success relies on subtly from the actor, so I don't think they'll be as good with KHJ.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 05:29

Hahahah, yeah. I find it completely hilarious that in real life he's really this funny guy, whilst Ariel Lin is the serious one. Well I guess that's also true about the Korean TV because as far as I've seen Taiwanese Dramas are usually "liberated" compared to the Korean ones. Yeah, I really feel for KHJ, he's not that great of an actor, and he's pitted after an actor who played the role splendidly? We're lucky he's actually preforming on the level that he's doing now.

There are so many awesome scenes in that show that I want in, just to see how the Koreans will play it... though there are also a lot that they could just get rid off, mostly because some are unnecessary. But hey, gambate KHJ, you're doing better than my quite low expectations :)

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 10th, '10, 05:34

@MikiBlue7 HATING Joe Cheng? I don't believe I said anything about hate. I'm not in the business of hating actors or dramas/movies. Just indifference, that's all. I like Joe Cheng in TKA.. in short hair, he's quite yummy. But nothing that can inspire the rabid fangirliness in me. My favourite would be the two guys he's jealous of.. Ah Jin and Qitai. I wish Figaro Ceng would act in more dramas/movies in the future.

@janajee Yep, I'm a Jun fan, though not a very active one I'm afraid. But I can scream just as loud as the loyal fangirls when I watch him on-screen.. hehe. Miss his Domyouji hair. I never thought any guy could look good in big curly hair until Jun came along.

@foxtoast Mmmm.. different fans have different opinions about adaptations. Me, coz I like the anime.. I don't want the production team to go off at a tangent, like make the drama from the POV of Baek Seung Jo or something. I like that Oh Hani is the main character like Aihara Kotoko is the main character in the anime. I don't like the japanese version much coz all the 'going to college, training to be a nurse, bla bla bla' should be done while Kotoko is married to Irie.. that angle would give the story more angst and "I want to hit Naoki-sama with a brick but I can't coz he's such a perfect guy" moments IMO. The scriptwriters should insert cliffhanger-ish changes while keeping the story arc close to the original. If that sounds too difficult for them, they should go find themselves a more suitably less challenging job.

I've finished downloading up to episode 3 of the drama.. yeay! Going off to watch it now.
Last edited by cghu007 on Sep 10th, '10, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 05:45

I've had the hugest crush on the actors who played Ah Jin, Qitai and the gay friend of Xiang Xin in TKA. They inspire the rabid fan-girl in me. Of course Joe Chen ranks among the highest as well. Hahahaha.

As for Jun, I've just recently became a fan. What with HYD and Kimi Wa Petto. Currently downloading Smile just to see him there... even though it seems like a serious drama, and I'm not really a fan of the seriousness. Give me fluff any day of the week. The only actors I would watch non-fluff for are: Ryan Reynolds, Jang Keun Suk, Robert Downey Jr., Lee Min Ho and Johnny Depp. But other than that, I'm pretty much all-fluff all around.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, ep 3 i mean :)

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 10th, '10, 14:17

Just finished watching ep 4 without sub.. yeay! Even when I didn't understand a word, I got the gist of what they're saying.. thanks to JSM's expressive face and KHJ's levels of annoyed expressions:
Annoyance Level 1 = bothered by her to answer the questions in text book, Level 2 = annoyed with the presence of Hani's friends, Level 3 = annoyed at having to tutor Hani's whole class, Level 4 = bothered to answer the whole question set (am I bad for liking the book-throwing gesture? So ebil), Level 5 - 6 I haven't seen yet coz he jumps straight to Level 7 = (accompanied with extreme childish reaction.. poor food) I didn't get this at first, but I read the spoiler above. Seems she was praising some guy's food and he got highly irritated..LOL
Last scene.. Seung Jo's so mean!!!! Poor Hani.. getting teased almost 24/7. She's a masochist.. LOL.

And Joon Gu is as irritating as Kin-chan in the anime.. no, it's as if Kin-chan jumped out of the anime as flesh and blood. I want to smack the guy everytime he's within a 2-metre radius of Hani.. grrrr.
Can't wait for episode 5.. kyaaaaa! College entrance exam story arc.. here we go! (this is not a spoiler if you've followed the PK cast interviews)
Playful Kiss fighting!!!
Last edited by cghu007 on Sep 10th, '10, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 15:06

Hmm.. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but...
“Mischievous Kiss” the worst drama ever?

And please, pretty please, with the cherry on top, use the spoiler tags. Not everyone watches the interviews and all.

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 10th, '10, 15:54

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm.. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but...
“Mischievous Kiss” the worst drama ever?

And please, pretty please, with the cherry on top, use the spoiler tags. Not everyone watches the interviews and all.
oops.. yeah. Not everyone who regularly post in this thread are here to spazz about this drama, they're here to thrash it. I forgot.. my bad.

Done editing!

And the link isn't necessary. Their & your opinion is not my opinion, so it's not like I'd care if you paste all the links to the bad reviews.. which I've most probably read on the day they're published online anyway. But thanks for your hard work~~~ ^o^
Last edited by cghu007 on Sep 10th, '10, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 16:09

I think we misunderstood each other.
The link is part of the drama world, either positive or negative. I do find this drama worth watching.

User avatar
cghu007
Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 12:47

Post by cghu007 » Sep 10th, '10, 16:19

Ethlenn wrote:I think we misunderstood each other.
The link is part of the drama world, either positive or negative. I do find this drama worth watching.
Well then.. if you like the drama even a little bit, I consider that we're on the same page with regard to it. So just lemme spazz in peace, even if only by myself. Why rain on my parade by pasting that link? I don't get it. Is it not cool to even spazz about the drama in a thread created for it? Even if so many people here think ISWAK and Joe Cheng are the more superior creation, not everyone here has watched the TW version so yeah.. whatever.

I'm sorry for assuming everyone's watched the interview or watched the anime though, so I've put that under the spoiler tag.. and will do so in the future.

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 10th, '10, 16:33

Well, as for me, I don't mind spazzing :mrgreen:
And this was a quote from some movie, I assumed some may know what kind of movie it was, but... my mistake.
:whistling:

User avatar
foxtoast
Posts: 81
Joined: May 14th, '07, 01:49
Location: USA

Post by foxtoast » Sep 10th, '10, 16:45

Ethlenn wrote:Hmm.. I don't wanna rain on your parade, but...
“Mischievous Kiss” the worst drama ever?

And please, pretty please, with the cherry on top, use the spoiler tags. Not everyone watches the interviews and all.
Worse drama ever? Apparently someone's never seen Hana Kimi. I'd give this series a C+, with the potential to work its way to a solid B. Not excellent, but a passing grade; I've most definitely seen D and F dramas. And if the scene mentioned was enough to make some think it's inappropriate for its targeted age range than K-dramas really are more conservative.

janajee wrote:I've had the hugest crush on the actors who played Ah Jin, Qitai and the gay friend of Xiang Xin in TKA. They inspire the rabid fan-girl in me. Of course Joe Chen ranks among the highest as well. Hahahaha.

As for Jun, I've just recently became a fan. What with HYD and Kimi Wa Petto. Currently downloading Smile just to see him there... even though it seems like a serious drama, and I'm not really a fan of the seriousness. Give me fluff any day of the week. The only actors I would watch non-fluff for are: Ryan Reynolds, Jang Keun Suk, Robert Downey Jr., Lee Min Ho and Johnny Depp. But other than that, I'm pretty much all-fluff all around.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, ep 3 i mean :)
I have an inexplicable crush on Jiro Wang. I haven't seen his newest drama yet but he has short hair, looks a bit different. He's one of a few actors whose series I'll watch more or less regardless. (ToGetHer was pretty cute; I did enjoy that one on its own merits.)

Kimi wa Petto is probably my favorite drama ever. MatsuJun was the first actor who made me watch something just for the actor, but I eventually gave up on Bambino! and I don't know if I'll make it through his current series. He can be really adorable, though. I'm mostly into fluff for dramas, too. I watch a lot of serious stuff in my native language, and don't really care for the style of most serious j/k/t dramas.

User avatar
janajee
Posts: 668
Joined: Jun 24th, '10, 00:11
Location: Great Philip of Pines
Contact:

Post by janajee » Sep 10th, '10, 17:59

Ah worse drama ever? Well that's a little too much. I've seen much worse than this one. I guess to each his own eh?

@cghu, Let's take a chill pill ne? I mean, I'm pretty sure by pasting that link, Ate Ethlenn had no ill intentions of trashing the drama... and even if she does, it's her deal whether she wants to or not. Just like it's our deal to talk about the fact that some of us think that ISWAK was the superior (for the moment, because you know PK still isn't finished yet and stuff) of the versions. Just like it's your deal to think otherwise.

@Ate Ethlenn thanks for the info on the review. If it wasn't for your hardwork I would never have learned any of the news in the drama world. So keep posing stuff, good or bad. :)

@foxtoast; Me too. I'm currently trying to finish downloading ToGetHer, it looks cute. Hahahaha, I've even watched KO One just because he was there... though drama, admittedly was a little... well cheesy. Hahaha, but I liked him there because Jiro Wang is adorable usually anywhere.

And Hana Kimi? Hahaha I enjoyed both the Japanese version and the Taiwanese version of that... even though both the endings kinda left me wondering out loud if that was it. *shrugs* It wasn't the best drama, but still wasn't so bad.

I don't like serious stuff whether in my native language, in English or in dramas. I've had enough of reality without the need to be reminded about it when I watch. There are exceptions, of course... but usually when I watch a drama that's serious, no matter how much I was moved by it... I usually don't watch it again.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest