Drama Info :
Title: 성균관 스캔들 / Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Genre: Period, romance, comedy
Episodes: TBA
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2010-Aug-30 to TBA
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis
This drama is set in Sungkyunkwan University during the Joseon era, revolving around the exploits and love stories of four youths. When her younger brother falls ill, Kim Yoon Hee enters the school in his place disguised as a boy in her desperation to find a way to support him, and becomes friends with Lee Sun Joon, extremely rich and the brains of the gang, playboy Goo Yong Ha and the rebellious Moon Jae Shin.

Cast
* Micky Yoochun as Lee Sun Joon
* Park Min Young as Kim Yoon Hee
* Song Joong Ki as Goo Yong Ha
* Yoo Ah In as Moon Jae Shin
* Seo Hyo Rim as Ha Hyo Eun
* Jun Tae Soo as Ha In Soo
* Kang Sung Pil as Im Byung Choon
* Kim Dong Yoon as Seol Go Bong
* Chae Byung Chan (채병찬) as Kang Moo
* Ahn Nae Sang as Jung Yak Yong
* Park Geun Soo (박근수) as Yoo Chang Ik
* Kim Ha Kyoon as Choi Shin Mook
* Kim Young Bae as Go Jang Bok
* Im Young Pil (임영필) as Ham Choon Ho
* Kim Jung Kyoon (김정균) as Ahn Do Hyun
* Jang Se Hyun (장세현) as Kim Woo Tak
* Hwang Chan Woo (황찬우) as Bae Hae Won
* Joo Ah Sung as Nam Myung Shik
* Jo Sung Ha (조성하) as King Jeongjo
* Kim Gab Soo as Lee Jung Moo
* Lee Jae Yong as Ha Woo Kyu
* Choi Dong Joon as Moon Geun Soo
* Kim Ik Tae as Minister Chae
* Han Yun as Kim Yoon Shik (Yoon Hee's brother)
* Park Dong Bin as Steward Byung Pan
* Ryu Dam as Soon Dol
* Kim Kwang Gyu as Hwang Ga
* Sung Hyun Joo (성현주) as Beo Deul Yi
* Im Yoon Jung (임윤정) as Aeng Aeng
* Jung Hye Mi (정혜미) as Seom Seom
* Kim Mi Kyung as Mrs. Jo
* Kim Min Seo (김민서)
* Im Jung Eun

Subtitles : not by me here

Last edited by The Chaos on Apr 4th, '12, 08:03, edited 2 times in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 5th, '10, 21:51

Help, Kim Gab Soo is everywhere!! Everywhere!!
Too many "flower boys" as for me. Girl looks like a girl, not a boy.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 6th, '10, 01:28

i need subs, i refuse to watch it on viikii :crazy:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Sep 6th, '10, 17:12

the first ep sub is out if you need it Click here. :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 6th, '10, 17:27

The Chaos wrote:the first ep sub is out if you need it Click here. :-)
can't thanl you enough my dear. i have run out of things to watch and i was in despaire :mrgreen:

:salut:

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Sep 6th, '10, 17:38

No problem dear and don't forgot to thanks the Subbing group ^__^

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 7th, '10, 15:32

Ethlenn wrote:Help, Kim Gab Soo is everywhere!! Everywhere!!
Too many "flower boys" as for me. Girl looks like a girl, not a boy.
ok, i am starting to get addicte to it. really really loving it. :mrgreen: and YESSS, the girl looks like girl and nothing but the girl too :mrgreen:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 11th, '10, 13:59

i am really suprised why not many people on D-A watching this drama? as for me, i am totally hooked and obsessed. keep checking the lj to see if there is more sub release or not. :goggle: can't have enough.

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Sep 12th, '10, 03:10

I AM SO ADDICTED TO THE DRAMA. Yoochun looks pretty stiff in the first episode but you could see the improvements so much in the fourth episode. I'm totally hooked on Joong Ki but there's also Moon Jae Shin (forgot his real name lol) ... fourth episode looks so good... I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIFTH! :cheers:

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 14th, '10, 09:42

Yehey! Atlast someone made a thread for this.

This is my favorite drama so far. I also watch MGIAG but I'm starting to like this better.

I read some excerpts of the book on another blog. he's translating the original novel and I must say, it's a really great novel (and there are so many explicit scenes and skinship on the book but I don't think they'll include this on the drama) and they altered some parts of the novel's plot to fit the drama. I wish there's an english translated book available somewhere.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 14th, '10, 11:11

i eally want to read the book too. i wonder if there is some English translated version somewhere to read.
i need to watch ep5. i am liking this drama alot

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 14th, '10, 14:37

Issy wrote:i eally want to read the book too. i wonder if there is some English translated version somewhere to read.
Hope this helps. I'm looking for the english version of the book too but so far this guy has translated some excerpts from the book and it's great.
Click on this link for the translated version of the SKK novel.
http://yogurutu.blogspot.com/2010/09/sk ... scene.html

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 14th, '10, 16:18

sansukini wrote:
Issy wrote:i eally want to read the book too. i wonder if there is some English translated version somewhere to read.
Hope this helps. I'm looking for the english version of the book too but so far this guy has translated some excerpts from the book and it's great.
oh, thanks alot for the link.
btw, i read that KBS have made some changes to over all story, like SJ fnds out about YH true gender much earlier in the drama than in actual book. i hope is true though.i don't like when they drag stories like this till very end.
i am going to watch ep5 raw now. :P

edit: subs for ep3 is out on goe_ss lj :cheers: many thanks to all their hard work. :salut:

Ayisha

Post by Ayisha » Sep 14th, '10, 16:37

I like Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It wasn't anything like I expected it to be. Reading the synopsis for the drama, I thought it was going to be the typical girl pretends to be a guy and ends up being friends with the pretty flower boys. I'm so glad it didn't turn out like that.

woochan11

Post by woochan11 » Sep 14th, '10, 16:41

Ayisha wrote:I like Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It wasn't anything like I expected it to be. Reading the synopsis for the drama, I thought it was going to be the typical girl pretends to be a guy and ends up being friends with the pretty flower boys. I'm so glad it didn't turn out like that.
I thought so, too! But I'm wrong! SS is unique in some ways, and though it's a period drama, it manages to have fresh and exciting twists in each episodes! I'm completely hooked! And thank you to SS, I was introduced to Micky! Haha! :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 14th, '10, 16:43

to be honest, i thought it would be sageuk version of Hana Kimi. :P

woochan11

Post by woochan11 » Sep 14th, '10, 16:49

Issy wrote:to be honest, i thought it would be sageuk version of Hana Kimi. :P
But it isn't! Let's hope for it to continue to be interesting and wonderful as it is now! And let's hope it would not change to a story like that of Hana Kimi! :-)

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 14th, '10, 16:54

of course IT ISN'T. and thank god for this. :P

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 15th, '10, 10:22

Issy wrote:
sansukini wrote:
oh, thanks alot for the link.
btw, i read that KBS have made some changes to over all story, like SJ fnds out about YH true gender much earlier in the drama than in actual book. i hope is true though.i don't like when they drag stories like this till very end.
i am going to watch ep5 raw now. :P

edit: subs for ep3 is out on goe_ss lj :cheers: many thanks to all their hard work. :salut:
I honestly don't think they'll follow the book. From what I read from the excerpts, it was explicitly sexy.

this is a scene of how Sunjooon discovered her true gender.

http://yogurutu.blogspot.com/2010/09/sk ... ene-e.html (for a more expounded translated version)

Yoonhee sits on top of a rock, not going into the water so that she's not found out. It starts to rain, so everyone starts to flee back to SungKyunKwan. Yoonhee starts scrambling for her things and covers her body, and gets her Sangtoo (the hair tied up on top of the head that all the men back in the day sported) stuck on the branches of a nearby tree. SJ notices and he stands real close to her to help her untie her sangtoo to get her hair out of the branch. Sunjoon, who's been long conflicted because he nurses a what he thinks is an unrighteous affection for Yoonhee, sheds a tear, as he says, "even if I do away with your sangtoo, you are still a man..."

Before Yoonhee can decipher what he means, she slips on boulder she's on and falls, and Sunjoon trying to grab her falls alongside her, with them in an embrace. As they enter the water (and the fall is described as not very tall, so not very dangerous), Sunjoon meets his lips with Yoonhee, and they stay submerged as though if on this side of the surface, they could be together, as though it's a dream, as though they were in the sky.

The water spits the two back out, and they are torn apart as they come up. Yoonhee can't believe what just happened, and SJ turns his back to her and starts walking out of the water. Yoonhee notices that her clothes are now completely see through, so she covers her chest with her arms. She starts going out of the water, too, but Sunjoon turns around and starts heading back to her, to now kiss her with more force (...it's stated..he was sucking the spirit out of her..but it's better said in Korean, my translation makes it sound kind of gross, but I think it means he was being passionate) and she is so shocked that she can't push him away or embrace him (she's still clutching her chest). But her knees go week. And Sunjoon grabs her arms and pushes his tongue in her mouth as though he is searching for something, and tears start coming out of Yoonhee's eyes.

Sunjoon stops, turns away, and Yoonhee grabs the tail of his clothes so that he does not run away forever, and he says that he won't say that he's sorry. He says that he will leave SungKyunKwan, saying "I do not think what I have done is wrong to you, but it is wrong to the world, wrong to everyone but us." Yoonhee exclaims that he's done nothing wrong, that all the fault is his, and she puts his hand on her breast and begs him to put away his misery. He is completely shocked and he undresses her and stares, and still thinks he is seeing things. At first, he asks if Yoonhee deceived him all this time, and as Yoonhee tries to explain herself, Sunjoon is still in shock, as though he doesn't understand anything, but he sees that she's had to cross-dress for the sake of her survival, and feels horrible. He comes to his senses, looks around, realizes they need to evade the scene and clothe her and whatnot to protect her so he grabs her hand and she follows....
I hope more people will watch this drama cuz it's really note-worthy. I've enjoyed every single episode so far and i keep looking forward to Tues-Weds now so i can watch SKKS even without subs.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 15th, '10, 13:00

sansukini wrote:

http://yogurutu.blogspot.com/2010/09/sk ... ene-e.html (for a more expounded translated version)

Yoonhee sits on top of a rock, not going into the water so that she's not found out. It starts to rain, so everyone starts to flee back to SungKyunKwan. Yoonhee starts scrambling for her things and covers her body, and gets her Sangtoo (the hair tied up on top of the head that all the men back in the day sported) stuck on the branches of a nearby tree. SJ notices and he stands real close to her to help her untie her sangtoo to get her hair out of the branch. Sunjoon, who's been long conflicted because he nurses a what he thinks is an unrighteous affection for Yoonhee, sheds a tear, as he says, "even if I do away with your sangtoo, you are still a man..."

Before Yoonhee can decipher what he means, she slips on boulder she's on and falls, and Sunjoon trying to grab her falls alongside her, with them in an embrace. As they enter the water (and the fall is described as not very tall, so not very dangerous), Sunjoon meets his lips with Yoonhee, and they stay submerged as though if on this side of the surface, they could be together, as though it's a dream, as though they were in the sky.

The water spits the two back out, and they are torn apart as they come up. Yoonhee can't believe what just happened, and SJ turns his back to her and starts walking out of the water. Yoonhee notices that her clothes are now completely see through, so she covers her chest with her arms. She starts going out of the water, too, but Sunjoon turns around and starts heading back to her, to now kiss her with more force (...it's stated..he was sucking the spirit out of her..but it's better said in Korean, my translation makes it sound kind of gross, but I think it means he was being passionate) and she is so shocked that she can't push him away or embrace him (she's still clutching her chest). But her knees go week. And Sunjoon grabs her arms and pushes his tongue in her mouth as though he is searching for something, and tears start coming out of Yoonhee's eyes.

Sunjoon stops, turns away, and Yoonhee grabs the tail of his clothes so that he does not run away forever, and he says that he won't say that he's sorry. He says that he will leave SungKyunKwan, saying "I do not think what I have done is wrong to you, but it is wrong to the world, wrong to everyone but us." Yoonhee exclaims that he's done nothing wrong, that all the fault is his, and she puts his hand on her breast and begs him to put away his misery. He is completely shocked and he undresses her and stares, and still thinks he is seeing things. At first, he asks if Yoonhee deceived him all this time, and as Yoonhee tries to explain herself, Sunjoon is still in shock, as though he doesn't understand anything, but he sees that she's had to cross-dress for the sake of her survival, and feels horrible. He comes to his senses, looks around, realizes they need to evade the scene and clothe her and whatnot to protect her so he grabs her hand and she follows....
I hope more people will watch this drama cuz it's really note-worthy. I've enjoyed every single episode so far and i keep looking forward to Tues-Weds now so i can watch SKKS even without subs.
:lol i am just wondring how much of this will get to be in the live action drama. :mrgreen:

Pkashiwamura

Post by Pkashiwamura » Sep 18th, '10, 01:41

hi

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 18th, '10, 01:49

Pkashiwamura wrote:hi
hello!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 18th, '10, 10:58

i was wondering why the ratings are rather low for this show??? :scratch: i really couldn't understand viewers. the story line is really nice and rather scandalous. its like watching boys over flowers mixed with you're beautiful with the sound track of coffee prince and goong.

so why are the ratings low?!?! :cussing:
acting wise, everyone is good. people in korea should appreciate this show more.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 18th, '10, 11:10

Issy wrote:
sansukini wrote:

:lol i am just wondring how much of this will get to be in the live action drama. :mrgreen:
i went to the site to check it out. do you know anybody who is actually translating the book and posting it in their blogs? i think the story is going to be epic and the drama is also holding on its own as well. :D

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 18th, '10, 23:47

Since Kim Tak Gu is almost over (waiting for subs from WITHS2 for last episodes), I wanted to find a new drama. I just found out about this one 2 days ago and am a fan of Song Joong Ki since Triple. Though, I know who the others are from their previous projects, they haven't impressed me much.

But right now, Park Min Young is doing a really good job. True she's too pretty to be a boy, but her acting is really good. Her character can be thought of as Hanakimi girl who isn't raised as a boy so still acts like a girl but pretending to be a boy. Ahhh yah that was too much blah.

I don't have much expectations for this drama since I only heard of it recently, but I'm liking the cast so far. Yes, it's another gender bender Korean show, but I never get tired of those stories especially if they're done well and have differences. The same goes for reading mangas ... crossdressing genre is my favorite. Funny situations always happen. At least this one is historical romantic crossdressing comedy.

A little bit of Coffee Prince, Queen Seon Duk, Painter of the Wind and a pinch of You're Beautiful . My addiction to Kdramas has come back.

PS: Who else has been disappointed by the Kdramas for 2010? Except for Kim Tak Gu, almost all the ones I've watched started awesome, then turned sour in the middle and bland till the end. I hope this drama doesn't disappoint me.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 19th, '10, 00:02

garnet07 wrote:PS: Who else has been disappointed by the Kdramas for 2010? Except for Kim Tak Gu, almost all the ones I've watched started awesome, then turned sour in the middle and bland till the end. I hope this drama doesn't disappoint me.
my BIG HUGE disappointment for 2010 is Kim Soo Ro. started really great and just in middle went down hill to the point of no return. low budget, bad writing made this drama so frustrating and painful to watch. pitty, had such high expectation for it. :-(

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 19th, '10, 14:51

Issy wrote:
garnet07 wrote:PS: Who else has been disappointed by the Kdramas for 2010? Except for Kim Tak Gu, almost all the ones I've watched started awesome, then turned sour in the middle and bland till the end. I hope this drama doesn't disappoint me.
my BIG HUGE disappointment for 2010 is Kim Soo Ro. started really great and just in middle went down hill to the point of no return. low budget, bad writing made this drama so frustrating and painful to watch. pitty, had such high expectation for it. :-(
My biggest disappointment would be "CREATING DESTINY". I've been trying to finish this drama for more than a month now but I can't find the will to finish one episode at a time. Too much "I-don't-like-you-for-my-son" family drama. It's just too.... bleh! I can't find the words but it started okay with me, not too interesting but it gets worse till the end.

I haven't felt any disappointment with SKKS as of yet, I don't think I ever will, not just because of the eye- candies, mind you. I really love the whole plot and all the characters.

I really hope it goes beyond 16 episodes.

oblivioustkdl

episode 7!!!

Post by oblivioustkdl » Sep 21st, '10, 00:52

eeps!

so cool!

the jalgeum quartet!

cant wait! for episode 8!

bwhahahaha!

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 21st, '10, 06:17

I just saw ep 7. I love love it so much! I can't wait for ep 8.

I found this news on yoguturu.blogspot.com:

Ratings for Episode 7 was 8.7% NLS, 9.7 TNS! Hurray for the rise, since usually on 추석 broadcast days ratings usually fall (Dong Yi and Giant both fell by a small percentage) ~!

Is't this great news. I'm very hopeful it would reach a double digit ratings soon. It's a slow rise but a definite improvement. The drama has been very interesting so far and it just got more fun now.

I also love the cinematography of this drama. It was especially fun when they showed how communication works back then. It was a little cartoonish but it was crafty and I kept laughing at a lot of scenes.

More! More! More!

vella

Post by vella » Sep 21st, '10, 07:07

I just watch this drama until ep4, and I really like it. So interesting, not a typical girl imposing boy story.lol. I'm so glad that Yoochun stars in it. But even without him, this drama still captured my heart. Yoochun in it is a bonus..lol. Goo Yong Ha is so cute, he is as pretty as KimYoon Hee..

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 21st, '10, 10:34

vella wrote:I just watch this drama until ep4, and I really like it. So interesting, not a typical girl imposing boy story.lol. I'm so glad that Yoochun stars in it. But even without him, this drama still captured my heart. Yoochun in it is a bonus..lol. Goo Yong Ha is so cute, he is as pretty as KimYoon Hee..
I think all the characters are adorable. Yoochun's serious/cold, yong-ha's playful/naughty, Jaeshin's a rebel. When i first watched it, i thought Hana Kimi. But the similarities becomes less the more the story progresses. I love it!

Ayisha

Post by Ayisha » Sep 23rd, '10, 07:24

I finally got to watch eps. 7 and 8, and it just keeps getting better for me. It's getting more serious but at the same time, it's not losing its humor and lightheartedness. I've even reached the point that I don't care who the female lead ends up with, because the three guys each have their own good points and she'd be okay with any of them. Although Yong Ha would probably make her crazy, LOL. And I think this is the first time I've watched a Korean series that the antagonists don't annoy me at all.

I really hope this series has 20 episodes because I don't think they can finish telling the story with just 16.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 24th, '10, 06:17

I didn't even notice there was a thread for this!
I started a few days ago, and I've watched all three subbed episodes now. I totally feel like going forward with raw epis, but as my Korean is still pretty bad (and there is some old-ish/honorific Korean which is really not my forte), I'm trying to stop myself. I never have the patience to watch an episode again after subs come up, so I'll just keep waiting for them.
Anyway, I think the drama is really interesting. Like, Song Joon Ki is not only extremely pretty, his character is lovably evil. His acting is top notch and I can't help but love him. I've also luuurrrved Yoo Ah In since I saw him in Antique and The Man Who Can't Get Married. I love his rugged look, but he cleans up nicely, too. Haha, it's too bad that Micky is really the only one of the trio that I don't go crazy for! After all, Korean dramas are so cliched, it's not hard to guess which one Park Min Young will end up with. Anyway, I think acting is really solid on everyone's part. I think I was expecting something really horrible from Micky (because all of the news before I started watching), so I've actually been pleasantly surprised. I think he's doing good. (or I might just be going soft: I also thought KHJ is doing good in Playful Kiss, yikes!)

Can't wait to see how the story develops!

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 24th, '10, 06:34

SSpiegel wrote: Anyway, I think the drama is really interesting. Like, Song Joon Ki is not only extremely pretty, his character is lovably evil. His acting is top notch and I can't help but love him. I've also luuurrrved Yoo Ah In since I saw him in Antique and The Man Who Can't Get Married. I love his rugged look, but he cleans up nicely, too. Haha, it's too bad that Micky is really the only one of the trio that I don't go crazy for! After all, Korean dramas are so cliched, it's not hard to guess which one Park Min Young will end up with. Anyway, I think acting is really solid on everyone's part. I think I was expecting something really horrible from Micky (because all of the news before I started watching), so I've actually been pleasantly surprised. I think he's doing good. (or I might just be going soft: I also thought KHJ is doing good in Playful Kiss, yikes!)
LMAO on the last comment. i haven't watched PK yet cuz I got burned by the first episode. I do enjoy reading episode recaps though.

I think YC is doing okay. NOt too shabby and he has his moments (albeit a few) when he acts really good. But of course, the supporting actors in this series are the best!

They even organized a "Moony Faction", for Jaeshin, "Yummy Faction" for Yong ha, and "Smarty Faction" for Sunjoon on dramabeans.com.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 24th, '10, 21:21

i watched ep4 to ep8 on viikii yesterday because i just could not wait for subs anymore. it's really getting better and better by each eps.
i think i am changing ships. Jae Shin is my new hero. well, he was from the start but YH and SJ more intens moments (ep1, when they were hiding ) i really liked the pair. and he looks totally different when he is in his SKK outifit.
so basically JaeShin is the only one who knows 100% about YH true gender. just loved how he was trying his best for her not to get cought. i wonder how long it would take for SJ to discover the truth.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 25th, '10, 16:07

Aww, Issy thanks for the rec! It got me hooked already. (slightly, very slightly reminds me about miindo) Damn, but here's definitely too much cuteness in one drama. I just couldn't stopp watching, even burnt the food and almost set the house on fire. Haha so much about not getting distracted by younger guys. :whistling:

That little guy from Antique is still pretty cute, especially when he smiles and the guy who reminds me about Nari is just :wub: BUT I'm gonna start a camp for the mean guy, Ha In Soo I think, the one who can't seem to blink :lol

I'm ok with the acting, much better than in PK and Gumiho *hides* and I still love that stupid guy who was also in QSD =)
Glad to hear the story's picking up, too...Can't wait for them to find out that she's a girl

Haha forget about going out, I wanna stay with these cutie pies :wub:

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 27th, '10, 03:08

Wow! This thread is really quiet. I just found a Sungkyunkwan Scandal thread on Soompi forums and up to date, it's 98 pages long already. I visited the forum last night and it was only 96 pages long and it has added 2 more pages in just a few hours. There were even times when 200+ people are reading on the thread.

Monday already~! Yay! Yogurutu just added a new novel spoiler on her blog and decided to add more scenes from the 2 installment of the book and tonight is ep 9 of SKK. I can't wait to see the new episode tomorrow.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 27th, '10, 13:38

i know what you mean. i'm affraid we can never should expect d-a to have more participants (specially in kdrama threads) than soompi. i too go there to feed my addiction to dramas that i am following.
since watching ep8, i am trying to distract myself with other stuff so not to think much about SKKS. beause it does make me impatient to be honest.
loooooooved those scenes in ep7 during archery comp. they were so clever and something new in sageuk dramas. it never fails to amuse and suprise me both at the same time. :mrgreen:
can't wait for new eps. off to read new novel updates. thanks

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 27th, '10, 20:05

OK, I found my new fluff!!
I'm not sure how they are going to end this, but as for now, I'm pleasantly surprised! Acting is far better than in PK (there are no Tables there, ufufu), scenery great, music - well, could be better, but it's the period drama!! Plus few guys from QSD, and of course pretty ex-boxer^^

Damn, this is fluff I need! :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Sep 27th, '10, 20:26

I have never watched a historical drama(if you can even call this a historical drama) but I'm considering checking out this drama.

Ethlenn, it's fluffly and cute? How many episodes have been shown already?

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 27th, '10, 20:49

Could hardly get any cuter...first time I'm watching kdrama raw cause I'm too nervous to wait :wub
9 eps out, 4 subbed by goe_ss =)

aility

Post by aility » Sep 27th, '10, 20:50

I just started to download!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

csillibilli112

Post by csillibilli112 » Sep 27th, '10, 20:51

arakira wrote:Could hardly get any cuter...first time I'm watching kdrama raw cause I'm too nervous to wait :wub
9 eps out, 4 subbed by goe_ss =)
ahh I would see too but... the seed.. sooooo slovly S:
I think I cab see only tomorrow :S ... maybe :S I hope xD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 27th, '10, 21:31

Neliets, give it a try, it's much better than any Carp on The Table, muehehe.

Ah, it's cute^^ And as for now, so well balanced :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 27th, '10, 22:39

it's more than cute. i love how every character is well balanced in this drama. non of them is poor evil or pure good except for thae guy who deos not blink :mrgreen:
and can Jae Shin get anymore adorable. i am really hating the fact that he is the second guy in the drama that has to lose to the first one.

ps. happy to see most of gang members are liking this drama. it's fun to watch it with everyone.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 27th, '10, 22:59

Aww, don't bash the poor guy who cannot blink!! (he did actually, at least 3 times! :lol) Love him.

And I agree about Jae Shin, this character is to die for. Forget about how cute the playboy is (and wasn't there a main guy, too?!?) I wish there was any chance for him to get the girl...

Btw, Issy I posted the link for you in the other thread. Hope it works. Still dunno whether to love or hate you for getting me to start this one... :D :D :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 27th, '10, 23:09

come on ara-chan, you know that you can't hate me for this :P i'm all fluffy and nice and love all fluff. :wub:
when E-chan decides to hate me for introducing KWP to her then you can hate me too. :mrgreen:
the preview for ep10 looks really good. specially YH in that outfit, she is as pretty as a doll.
and i am just totally attarcted to everything Yong Ha does. the way he talks and acts just too cute. but as i said, my number 1 in this drama is JS.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 28th, '10, 01:50

Issy wrote:it's more than cute. i love how every character is well balanced in this drama. non of them is poor evil or pure good except for thae guy who deos not blink :mrgreen:
and can Jae Shin get anymore adorable. i am really hating the fact that he is the second guy in the drama that has to lose to the first one.

ps. happy to see most of gang members are liking this drama. it's fun to watch it with everyone.
I'm a jaeshin-fan as well. But Dang! I kept forgetting he's in Antique Bakery and Boys of Tomorrow. he just acts so well here.

Don't worry dear, yogurutu, who's translating the novel, said that in the sequel of the book, jae-shin will have a new love interest.

Agh! I just can't get enough of this drama. I've been on soompi for spoilers all night and since i woke up. Watching the raws now. I'm glad someone recapped ep 09 there. I've been waiting for new eps all week.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 28th, '10, 02:20

Speaking of cuteness.....

ImageImage

....This is just oozing too much cuteness. :cheers:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 28th, '10, 02:40

^^ Can it get cuter than that? Aish, Song Joong Ki has been a favorite of mine for a year or two, but he really hasn't done much dramas, so seeing him now in such a good role is just a treat! :wub:

I'm actually currently watching OB/GYN Doctors and women in labor bleeding half to death to see SJK do some doctoring. I'm happy that he's getting more projects these days, and good publicity, too. It's hard to say if he's a good actor yet as he has only done these boyish roles up till now, but I think he has potential. Also, he is the same age as me, so I don't have to be the perverted noona (like with everyone else)! Woot!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 28th, '10, 08:51

Perverted noona??? :lol :lol :lol
I'm a noona ( or maybe ahjuma) for our cute boys here in SKKS for sure but thank goodness that all I'm finding them is absolute cuteness. :P

And good to know that Jae Shin will find a new love interest later. My heart just breaks everytime he looks at YH with those eyes. Not to mention his cute hiccups. And can I say that I prefer him in his scruffy look? :whistling:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 28th, '10, 13:22

Issy wrote:Perverted noona??? :lol :lol :lol
I'm a noona ( or maybe ahjuma) for our cute boys here in SKKS for sure but thank goodness that all I'm finding them is absolute cuteness. :P
Well said!! :D

sansukini Thanks a lot for the link to yogurutu's blog!! Really enjoy reading those snippets while waiting for more SKKS cuteness :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '10, 13:28

I feel like a perv as well while watching this... :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 28th, '10, 13:43

Ethlenn wrote:I feel like a perv as well while watching this... :whistling:
well expected from you dear E-chan. please forgive my frankness but no offence was intended. but as you know me well, i guess we still friends. :mrgreen:

can't really wait for today's ep

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '10, 14:05

No offence taken, love^^

I'm so impatient, but I limit myself to 3 eps per day, so today, next three^^ (yeah, I need to catch up quickly). :whistling:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 28th, '10, 14:08

Oh yeah, unfortunately I can't say my thoughts are that innocent, so... :) The only ones surrounded by puppies and rainbows in my head are the boys of SHINee, but they are just too young and adorable. But with SJK, I can let my mind roam freely! kekeke

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '10, 14:13

Yes, SSpiegel, but I see you're biased since there are only 3 boys from SHINee on your sigi, you left the best out. OK, Key is there, so...

Just quick spoiler for me: in which ep her gender will be known? I'm after 3rd ep.

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 28th, '10, 14:22

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, SSpiegel, but I see you're biased since there are only 3 boys from SHINee on your sigi, you left the best out. OK, Key is there, so...

Just quick spoiler for me: in which ep her gender will be known? I'm after 3rd ep.
not by everyone but by Jae Shin and i think is ep7 and the teacher will know when fainted after IS trying to shot an apple placed on her head.

ep9 subbed is out on viikii :cheers:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 28th, '10, 14:36

Ethlenn wrote:Yes, SSpiegel, but I see you're biased since there are only 3 boys from SHINee on your sigi, you left the best out. OK, Key is there, so...

Haha, actually the only one I don't especially like is Minho. I just liked that picture, and even Minho looks decent in it.
Anyway, enough with off-topic. I'm also expecting her to be exposed soon. Like, of course it's fun like this, too, but I especially enjoy it when they find out and get into all kinds of awkward and weird situations. Jaeshin hiccupping sounds awesome!

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 28th, '10, 14:40

uuuuuuuuuurgh, i just can't stand IS's sister and why on earth SJ has to pick her up in front of all people so now has to take the resposibilty for it? and for what reason? gosh :crazy: that girl is totally mad.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 28th, '10, 19:03

I also like the political intrigue here. I'm usually into political stuff^^

But what I find the most interesting here is that all of the characters are flawed. Every one has one's own motives, passions, even though they look ridiculous or cruel in other people's eyes. But still, I want to give some eye drops to In Soo, you know boy, not blinking is bad for your eyes.
He reminds me of... do not hit, Issy, but OJH sometimes. But only sometimes :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 28th, '10, 22:39

i won't hit but he does not remind me of OJH in anyway. atleast OJH blinks much more than him and i have to say i counted amount of time that IS blinks in ep9 and i think it was twice. :mrgreen:
yeah, i am liking its political aspect too. anothe fav character of mine is YH's mother. i saw her in Tamra Island for the first time and she really did impress me with he acting and now in SKKS. her impressions just right there full of emotions and feelings of a worried mother.
i read that SJK has been recognised more and more due to his unique portrayal of Yongha's character. wrote it in my earlier post that i am just liking whatever he does and talks from ep1. just so vibrant and alive. just loooove it.
and there is super funny scene in ep10. where SJ, JS, YH are sleeping :P

csillibilli112

Post by csillibilli112 » Sep 28th, '10, 22:45

yes that funny XD
near.. near.. XD hand xD

Ayisha

Post by Ayisha » Sep 29th, '10, 03:49

This is the only Korean drama I'm obsessively watching and whose characters I all like, even the antagonists. I find Ha In Soo harmless - he's conniving but somehow, since all his plans seem to break apart one way or another - it's like he's not doing any more harm than he's supposed to. In any case, I think Lee Sun Joon's father is a more formidable opponent.

I just watched ep10 raw and now I can't wait for subs. I love all the scenes with the JalGeum Quartet together. It brings a smile to my face whenever the four of them are on screen.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 29th, '10, 10:17

arakira wrote:
Well said!! :D

sansukini Thanks a lot for the link to yogurutu's blog!! Really enjoy reading those snippets while waiting for more SKKS cuteness :wub:
You're welcome. Sad though that she hasn't updated the blog yet. I guess she's still reading the sequel cuz she just got her hands on it a few days ago.

And how good is episode 9 and 10!!!

ImageImageImage
SJ, you horny bstrd!

JS, you scaredy horse!

ImageImage
YH so pretty! SJ, so dense still has no idea she's a girl. No guy could be that pretty.

Except if they're SJK.

:sigh:
these are so good. It's great that the episode has finally reached a 10.6% rating. I'm very hopeful that the ratings will soar more next week.[/img]

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 29th, '10, 10:24

Issy wrote:

not by everyone but by Jae Shin and i think is ep7 and the teacher will know when fainted after IS trying to shot an apple placed on her head.

ep9 subbed is out on viikii :cheers:
yongha has a hunch since the 1st episode. But he's not 100% sure that's why he's always trying to strip YS whenever he has a chance. :whistling: He's never succeeded though so now he's always bugging JS to tell him cuz he thinks JS knows her true gender.

sansukini

Post by sansukini » Sep 29th, '10, 10:30

BTW, pinkshades from the soompi forum posted this based on her experience in Korea about SKKS's popularity.
COMMENT ABOUT RATINGS

It's a really good sign that the ratings are increasing, even if it's little by little. But even if the ratings AREN'T as high as we think this drama deserves, I just want to tell everyone not to be too concerned. This drama's TRUE popularity is much, MUCH higher than is reflected in the ratings.

I'm currently an English teacher in Korea and I teach over 600 high school girls (a big chunk of the target audience for this drama). Trust me when I say, this drama is SUPER popular right now.... every time I mention the drama or the actors to my students, they all squeal with giddiness and rave about it just like we do, lol.

But my take on why this drama's ratings aren't as high as the others? It's 'cause of what I call "Remote Control Power." It's true that Dong Yi and Giant have established, loyal fanbases so that affects the ratings majorly, but also... let's be realistic. If your target audience is women from the young teens to 20s... trust me when I say this, their parents are definitely NOT letting them watch TV right now.

My students are all busy studying their butts off for their midterm exams, and their drama watching is not a priority right now. Suffice to say it's definitely the ajummas and ajjushis with their hands on the remotes, not the kids. If they could measure drama downloading, I'm sure that would skew the charts significantly, but like I said... the kids aren't the ones watching live TV... its their parents.

But like I said, there's a massive army of young Korean women watching this drama... so about the ratings, it's not for the lack of interest that's the problem, it's just that they're all probably watching it secretly on their computers ;)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 29th, '10, 11:20

I'm off with all episodes. And I love how te characters progress!! Man, I love this drama.

Will write more, I'm at work now^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 29th, '10, 11:38

Ethlenn wrote:I'm off with all episodes. And I love how te characters progress!! Man, I love this drama.

Will write more, I'm at work now^^
yess, LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this drama to bits.
@sansukini, thanks alot for all those caps.

now i want to have the 720p version, any idea where to get them? :salut:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 29th, '10, 11:44

I can provide them, no problem^^ Wait 3 hours, OK? :whistling:

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 29th, '10, 12:14

Ethlenn wrote:I can provide them, no problem^^ Wait 3 hours, OK? :whistling:
Thank you E-chan :salut: :salut: :salut:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 29th, '10, 13:53

Issy, did you happen to find ep 10 subbed?

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 29th, '10, 14:00

arakira wrote:Issy, did you happen to find ep 10 subbed?
not yet ara-chan. will pm you as soon as i do.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 29th, '10, 14:07

OK, torrents for Eps 1-10 720 version are zipped in one folder:
And it is right here^^

Issy, you changed your sigi^^

I can't wait till Monday, damn, I haven't felt that for a long time^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Sep 29th, '10, 14:16

Ethlenn wrote:OK, torrents for Eps 1-10 720 version are zipped in one folder:
And it is right here^^

Issy, you changed your sigi^^

I can't wait till Monday, damn, I haven't felt that for a long time^^
woow, that was fast dear. can't thank you enough. really appreciate it :salut: :salut: :salut:

yeah, just a minor change though. but you should see my desktop pic :mrgreen:

i know the feeling. :goggle: