Page 4 of 4

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 14:18
by Orion1986
Ahahaha.Yes yes. I see. Look, he's bad still. Quite bad. He's stiff (no, not where it counts although I haven't checked) and in some scenes, he looks like a coat hanger that speaks.
He's got the same problem many singers-gone-actors have, that he has no acting skills and sometimes comes off as cold and awkward and also fake in what he tries to portray.

BUT, the kid can convey emotion through the lens. He's good with his facial expressions and he has expressive eyes that do a lot more for his scenes than his speech does.
If he gets some good coaching and works hard on it, he can do well. Same with Jae Wook. The potential was there, even in Coffee Prince, and now look at him. He's doin' it.

I mean, all the crying we did for Gumiho, was because of Min Ah and him. The Carp can't generate sympathy or show pain. Min Woo makes one sad face and you're sobbing.

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 14:25
by Issy
arakira wrote:Keke Issytan...so many kids lately...playing family with OJH and the boys?!? :mrgreen:

Oririn...thx for the info another rock-drama?!? Why am I looking more forward to one about an actual band than to MmM?!? Well at least the guy's got some prior 'rock' experience...
:roll :roll :roll lovely family images comes to mind. :mrgreen:
wait

NOOOT REALLY. :goggle:

ori, you are making me excited for his drama. 8)

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 14:26
by Orion1986
I am making you excited? I thought Min Woo took care of that. :roll

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 14:34
by Issy
Orion1986 wrote:I am making you excited? I thought Min Woo took care of that. :roll
ok, correction. YES. Min Woo takes all the credits here. still, i need to see him act first. so many actors i liked when i saw and left as soon as i saw them act. 8)

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 14:44
by arakira
True, he can't really act. Saw him only in Pasta and the first few eps of the Gumiho drama, that I did watch...but then, yes Oririn, he's got expressive eyes. Playing a musician shouldn't be hard for a musician, so maybe he can concentrate on working on his acting skills^^

Issy, LOL, a penny for the pictures in your head :twisted:

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 15:32
by Orion1986
Actually, he doesn't show much in the beginning of Gumiho. He has that cold creepy guy facade. Later on and especially near the end, when we know where he stands, you see a whole lot more.

Posted: Nov 6th, '10, 15:42
by arakira
Yep, I did skip through the last 2 eps to see what kind of end they got...still, this series just wasn't my cup of tea - even though Shin Minah is the cutest girl ever^^

Posted: Nov 16th, '10, 05:19
by killabeez87
heloo

Posted: Dec 2nd, '10, 01:08
by shiofmedea
Is it normal to watch drama because in first episode you saw one guy for maybe 1 min? Sorry to say, but it was my only reason, he took glasses off and I was hooked :wub:

Posted: Dec 2nd, '10, 03:06
by janajee
Ah, you met the Mr. Emo Doctor. He's pretty awesome, but I do hope the drama is good enough to get you hooked on it. :)

Posted: Dec 2nd, '10, 09:14
by Myxale
Orion1986 wrote:Actually, he doesn't show much in the beginning of Gumiho. He has that cold creepy guy facade. Later on and especially near the end, when we know where he stands, you see a whole lot more.
A whole lot..more??

Why, did they re-shoot the Drama and gave the doc more Depth and character? :scratch:

I was more curious about him and his past, than about Wong-ah and Miho, at one point.

Well, yeah...Poor Doc, just a plot device...

Posted: Dec 3rd, '10, 21:39
by shiofmedea
Ah Orion, I just found love story I liked! (Do you remember? it's me who is bashing Playful Kiss :lol ) And do not tell that it is about Doctor (maybe a little too :whistling: ) - me being fan of SS501 couldn't help PK case.

janajee
Oh I finished it. I didn't liked main male character, but I liked girl.. even if I do not agree with her choice, do foxes have eye-sight problems?

Myxale
I share your feelings, I was like "ok, move faster, I want doctor scene!". And maybe becouse even at the end you still do not know much this is so interesting.. mystery is the best to keep you wanting more... and cold, sophisticated aura is nice contrast to other characters who are sweet and all but rather simple (not this main male one, he is simple but nice? I do not think so, he is using her most of plot time)



By the way, she do not have real tail in the end, right? So Min Woo is free? 8)

Posted: Dec 3rd, '10, 23:02
by Orion1986
Hee hee hee. See? There's something for everyone. And I do agree she has issues with the men she picks. Lee Seung Ki is not exactly the most charming guy around. And I still think he's a horrible actor.
Don't get me wrong, No Min Woo ain't Blue Dragon material either, but like I've said before, I prefer cold-bad than annoying-bad. Plus, the guy is very charming. A bit too skinny in this one, but he's a charmer.

As for the tail, it's real, I think. Many people might think it's not because it's a prop instead of CG. But I think they just had issues with it being CG since it had to actually wrap around/grab Seung Ki. Not easy.
I mean, contact of CG and real isn't easy to do, if the budget ain't good or the team not a top one. So, I guess they chose to go for a prop, which looked terrible, but it's cheaper. I wish they'd used the CG though.

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 00:56
by shiofmedea
Orion

Just like I said, I like romantic comedies, it's that PK's girl I can't stand. And you could be a little bit stupid (maybe underinformed is better word in this case :-) ) in charming way, too. Ha! And one more times ha! Did you see? I was soooo nice here :whistling:

Oh, I just have a thing for mysterious gays in black :wub: .Composed, a bit cold, especially if they know how to fight (blades, mmmm...). And just think what you can come with if you had such long life experience to depend of? And I'm not talking CV here :whistling: And always young and soooo good looking... stoping right here :sweat:
I agree he is more promissing and better actor here, not that is so difficult to supress this, whats his name.. Lee Seung Ki guy. I feared sometimes he will hurt himself for trying to play his supposed emotion so hard, poor guy! He shuld stick with being singer, why make so bad publicity this way... Oh sorry, I forgoten, he was soo good in BL :P :roll . Cold bad seems to be easier but taking Hyun as example you could overdid it (or I should say, not being able to do it?), too, so I'm just going to give him some credit saying he mean it this way... And he better do not disappoint me next time! I would like to have somebody to look at, I like a bit of estetics in my dramas.
By the way why is almost always this second guy I like better (Lee Jun Ki is exception, he is always better, but two years break, so I'm looking for new one :lol )?

Tail was real? I thought it was some kind of stick to make fun of him! You just broke my heart :cry:
:lol
:lol
So WHN (What HisName) will die from old age and she will be free and helpfuly more carfull for whom to fall for.. :whistling: I'm so bad...

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 01:18
by Orion1986
Well, I choose to think that she may have a tail she can make appear, but is otherwise human. I hope the granny gave her enough juice to live and just one tail to make it possible.
So, she could just live like a human and grow old, but maybe not have children or be able to get sick or something. It's a fairytale and I choose to give this ending to it. Ahaha. That's all.

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 02:00
by shiofmedea
for everybody his/her own end it seems :lol , I prefer Shrek over Sleeping Castel or whatever classical story was named. I like twist in history. And granny seems a bit twisted kind of goddess, do not you think?

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 03:34
by JiveTalkinRobot
Orion - I'm a guy that is unbiased by the looks....and let me tell state...No Min Woo's acting is HORRIBLE in this show. Like a guy reading lines off a teleprompter without any emotion horrible. He may be good looking or whatever, but he's horrible.

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 10:23
by Orion1986
Oh yes he is. I'm not saying he's not. He's bad. I'm saying I'm personally less bothered by this cold and lifeless type of bad acting than the overacting Seung Ki is doing.
I've said that before, if you recall. I may find a guy the hottest of them all, but I'll judge his acting separately from that. As hot as this guy may be, he's just not an actor.
Both suck, in different ways. But if I'm going to watch horrible acting anyway, I might as well like what I see. That and I forgive bad acting less when it's the leading man.

Even poor Min Ah had to lower her acting level to match better with these two guys. Lovely series, but it would be much more awesome with a better cast. Its only problem.
Although after what they almost went and did, I shouldn't complain much. Thanks goodness they didn't go with that original "Let's pretend we're serious screenwriters" ending.

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 21:56
by shiofmedea
on the other hand her dying regardles this being comedy, and cute, and all, seems more logical to me.. in old tales' logic kind of way

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 22:05
by Orion1986
It does, but would be completely off in this series, I think. The whole show is fluffy and romantic and funny.
It's rom com and a tragic ending would not fit the mood or the audience it gathered with its happy style.

Posted: Dec 4th, '10, 22:18
by shiofmedea
Bad publicty, ne? :lol

But I must say I used to changes in Korean productions. They start with blowing half of the city, move to comedy, present you heart breaking love story (it's good that cancer is not so popular any more, I was always speculating if they did some super, hyper secret Abomb experiments to have so high procentage of this :scratch: ), put some ghost just to sure, and finish with killing most of staff to avoid sequel. This is why I do not really care what kind of drama it is when I'm starting - most of melodramas are crime stories or political fiction anyway and you can use skip forward buton if they start to cry.

Posted: Dec 5th, '10, 22:51
by Myxale
If someone could recommend a more down to earth k-drama about families and people in general. Not the same fairytale style- Rich, young bored, hot looking meets-poor, young hot looking or such.

Need something more of a cultural kind of drama, where one learns more about people and country.

Yeah, kind vague here, but i thing you get the drift.

Posted: Dec 6th, '10, 03:51
by janajee
Have you watched Sungkyunkwan Scandal? That'sa pretty good non-fantasy drama if I ever saw one. It's also pretty much historical with it's background, so I'm thinking it's believable that it actually could happen in real life.

Posted: Dec 6th, '10, 06:12
by JiveTalkinRobot
Myxale wrote:If someone could recommend a more down to earth k-drama about families and people in general. Not the same fairytale style- Rich, young bored, hot looking meets-poor, young hot looking or such.

Need something more of a cultural kind of drama, where one learns more about people and country.

Yeah, kind vague here, but i thing you get the drift.
Check out Soulmates, not exactly cultural or anything but definitely more down to earth.

Posted: Dec 6th, '10, 06:15
by JiveTalkinRobot
Orion1986 wrote:Oh yes he is. I'm not saying he's not. He's bad. I'm saying I'm personally less bothered by this cold and lifeless type of bad acting than the overacting Seung Ki is doing.
I've said that before, if you recall. I may find a guy the hottest of them all, but I'll judge his acting separately from that. As hot as this guy may be, he's just not an actor.
Both suck, in different ways. But if I'm going to watch horrible acting anyway, I might as well like what I see. That and I forgive bad acting less when it's the leading man.

Even poor Min Ah had to lower her acting level to match better with these two guys. Lovely series, but it would be much more awesome with a better cast. Its only problem.
Although after what they almost went and did, I shouldn't complain much. Thanks goodness they didn't go with that original "Let's pretend we're serious screenwriters" ending.
Ah gotcha, you're right. I see your point now and believe you did mention something similar before. I apologize.

My personal opinion I would rather have the lead's overacting than the Dr.'s lifeless acting. But again, it's just personal preference.

I love you from now on

Posted: Dec 19th, '10, 09:13
by nevrene
I like the OST very much so I decided to play it ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48u3gpqW5a8
I hope you guys enjoy it!

Andreas

Posted: Dec 20th, '10, 18:52
by SnugglyFoo
I thought it was only a 2/5. The series started relatively interesting pretty funny and cute, but after about ep 7-8 it started dragging on. I was constantly frustrated how stupid all of the characters are. There are only two people who really cause drama between mi ho and dae woong and the problems that the two face are the exact same things, each will try to hide information from the other and take the most extreme option to protect the other. I didn't view this as sweet or cute, it just seemed like a bad decision on their part. And these situations just happen over and over and over for the last 6 or so episodes. I will admit that I did not even finish the series. I got up to halfway through episode 15 and I had finally had it with the series and dropped it only 1 and a half episodes to its end. The music was unimpressive, the characters with the exception of the dog did nothing to make me like them, the plot while seemingly interesting only served to keep the two together long enough for their love to flourish. After that it was just a typical sacrifice drama. Just my 2c.

Posted: Dec 20th, '10, 19:00
by Ethlenn
Myxale wrote:If someone could recommend a more down to earth k-drama about families and people in general. Not the same fairytale style- Rich, young bored, hot looking meets-poor, young hot looking or such.

Need something more of a cultural kind of drama, where one learns more about people and country.

Yeah, kind vague here, but i thing you get the drift.
Watch Life Is Beautiful, or Giant.

Posted: Dec 21st, '10, 20:54
by Myxale
Thanx for the recs, will look into them!

And sorry for OT-ing MiHo's thread!

Posted: Dec 24th, '10, 17:13
by aility
Yaaay, I finally finished this show, and can actually join this discussion.

So, it is a typical Hong sister drama, with a fluffy tone filled with slapstick humour and of course angst. They have been using the same recipe for ages, and this drama is no exception. Now over to the performance of the cast.

Shin Min Ah is adorable as Mi Ho and did a SUPERB job! I love the way she portraited Mi Ho, as this innocent and pure girl with such frankness and spunk. How can you not love her?! She basically carried the drama with her cuteness, in my humble opinion.

As for our beloved Ca..., I mean Lee Sung Ki. He still needs some improvement. He does know how to do a semi-believeable cry scene, but the way he delivers his line in those emotional scenes, aah... side by side Shin Min Ah, he still needs to work on his face, eyes... But aside that, I found him and Mi Ho a really cute couple. Their chemistry was obvious, though, not the greeeastest, but still, it was present on screen and certain scenes were really really really cute!! :wub:

The Emo doc, Aka No Min Woo, omo, my dear boy, your face is SOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!! SOOO PRETTY!!! I couldnt get over how pretty it was, with this milky white skin and yeah... I already noticed his hawtness in Pasta, although his acting was like ehm... I had hoped he had improved in this drama, but omo... it was at times painful to look at his face, seeing him TRYING so hard to covey emotions. The best scenes were those he wasnt supposed to show any feelings, eh... He needs to work on the "try not to look constipated" look which was supposed to be " I am sad". Aah... hopefully he will improve. I am all to sad about how many Tables there are out there, although this one is one goood-looking table, and I wouldnt mind at all having him decorating my living room :whistling:

as for our second lead girl, Hae-Inn. I have no words. She simply CREEPS me out! Those eyes, those empty, HUGE GOLDFISH EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, CREEEEEEPY!!!!!!!! And ok, she doesnt deserve more words. She ruined the drama for me. period.

Loved the side kicks, especially Byong-soo ^^ The director and Aunt provided many funny scenes, (but the fart humor sorta well...not so funny the second time around), but well...

As for the drama in general. I do like Hong Sisters' works, and this drama is no exception, but it is still not my top-favorite. The story is good, but I know the recipe by heart now, and really miss something refreshing! My favorite Hong sister drama is still "Delightful girl ChunYang", which was simply too hilarious, great and refreshing at that time. This one was more so-so. It just didnt manage to pull me in, maybe it is due to the two leads, or generally the plot. Hard to explain.

It is a perfect drama for those who want fluff, cuteness and romance, with not too much angst. Quite enjoyable :)

And one more thing, who adorable isnt it that BOTH leads have the most amazing dimpled smiles? Yeah, I am a sucker for dimples, and Shin Min Ah is just :wubs:

Posted: Jan 3rd, '11, 08:01
by odi862
I just found out about this drama last week and I think it is superb. Is there any recommendation for other recent k-drama that kind of similar to this one?

Posted: Jan 6th, '11, 19:48
by Sham26
This drama mad me laugh and cry out loud ,that's the things that mad a drama one of myfav ,much emotions , its my second ffav drama of 2010 after SKKS!
Shin Min Ah Shin Min Ah , AH AH I envy herwhy is she that PRETTY ? even if Im a girl I would fall for her ! Its a drama that Ill rewatch for sure !

Posted: Jan 9th, '11, 17:07
by Viande
Started this a few days ago and found myself again falling for the bad guy and not for the lead guy. He's so pretty! (yes that's right word for it) :lol But then again I like colder men more than "clowns" so I guess it was inevitable. Also I don't like Lee Sung Ki's acting, he's a bit too much. Well ok the bad guy, No Min Woo, isn't any better but at least he's not annoying. And there's Shin Min Ah who will make you forget both of them. ^^ I would actually like to see Shin Min Ah in a "bad"/evil role for once, but I guess her smile and dimples are her trademark so... Hmmmmmm evil dimples! Now I want to see them! :D

About the story, I like it so far. It's simple but cute and there's enough comedy to make up for it. I like watching Dae Woong's aunt and the Director making a fool of themselves. Older people are usually seen as cool in dramas, so it's nice change to see them akward for once.

Posted: Jan 12th, '11, 16:07
by mayxi
seung gi and min ah is so cute in this drama. other than dae woong and gu miho couple, his aunt and the director are my new fav couple. they're so cute and chessy. everytime they're together, they always make me smile. i don't like old people's love, but their love kept me hanging in there. this is definately one of the best drama of the year. the ost, the cast, the storyline, everything is just too good. 2 thumbs up and 5 star for this one.

Posted: Jan 19th, '11, 20:53
by Viande
Finished this today and it was good. I voted very good though I'd say it's between so-so and very good (why there wasn't option good?). So-so just sounded too harsh and I wouldn't say this is my favorite but it was enjoyable. I don't think there was anything wrong with the drama, it just didn't hit me that hard for some reason. (well ok, maybe the fact that last dramas I finished were Secret Garden and Sungkyunkwan Scandal so... :lol )

Anyway, sweet story. Cute main couple. Cute old couple. Umm and cute baddie (Dong Joo, not Hye In!!). :mrgreen: I liked how the "bad people" (Hye In and Dong Joo) changed at the end. I'm so tired of those clingy 3rd wheels that don't learn anything during the drama...

Also spotted Go Mi Nyu and Jeremy (from YAB), did I miss someone?

Posted: Jan 26th, '11, 23:30
by circuitlovers
THIS DRAMA WAS SO CUTE!

I loved the ending :) It's so cute, ahh Mi Ho's sayings are still in my head ... numma numma chaue!
And Lee Seung Ki is just about one of the hottest things in this world!

Posted: Jan 26th, '11, 23:52
by misuzana
This was a good one on the comedy side ... well put together :P I'll watch this a second time :mrgreen:
The Girl who played the Guminho was to cute and could have found two more handsome Guys :wub: :w00t: :w00t:

Posted: Apr 1st, '11, 01:24
by Sajen16
I'm on episode 5 and I love it so far mt only question is why does Cha Dae Woong like Eun Hye In I think her name is she's not really attractive and a jealous asshat

Posted: May 30th, '11, 16:11
by Tyrea
Been meaning to post this for a long time. Has anyone else noticed it?
Image[/url]
At first I thought I was hallucinating, then I realized I'm actually seeing well - that's transparent nail polish coming off. No Min Woo is far too androgynous for my taste, but in the beginning he had a sexy aura about him. And then I saw this. Eh ^^;

Posted: May 30th, '11, 22:40
by Viande
It actually might be, I don't know what it is in english but the "nail polish" that either strenghtens your nails or prevents you from eating your nails by tasting horrible. They are usually transparent.

But nice spotting, I didn't notice it! :lol

Posted: May 31st, '11, 13:28
by Tyrea
Viande wrote:It actually might be, I don't know what it is in english but the "nail polish" that either strenghtens your nails or prevents you from eating your nails by tasting horrible. They are usually transparent.
Nail hardener. You can tell by his nails that he's never had a problem with biting them, even if you did it as a kid and stopped as a kid, they never recover fully. So it's nail hardener or simply nail polish to make them shiny. I know it's social conditioning and prejudice, but I just can't take nail polish on men (unless they're hardcore goths, punkers or whatever, but I don't like those either). I mean imagine sharing your nail polish with your bf, or asking him "honey, where's that nail hardener of yours, I need it for a few minutes". Sheesh. Drink milk or calcium supplements, but please don't use shiny nail polish.

Posted: May 31st, '11, 21:17
by Viande
Well his nails are so short that you can't really tell if he bites them or not. Not all nail biters eat their hands. (Somehow this conversation amuses me hehe ) But yeah, transparent nail polish is a bit silly on men. Black nail polish isn't that uncommon on men (among certain groups).

Posted: May 31st, '11, 21:42
by Orion1986
And it's an image addition they're probably forced to have. I mean, their nails are supposed to look all shiny.
Heck, men even have proper lipstick/gloss in rom-coms. Sometimes even "louder" than the leading girl does! XD

Posted: May 31st, '11, 22:09
by Sham26
@Tyrea you sure have a good eye !
Orion1986 wrote:And it's an image addition they're probably forced to have. I mean, their nails are supposed to look all shiny.
Heck, men even have proper lipstick/gloss in rom-coms. Sometimes even "louder" than the leading girl does! XD
Yes exactly , this is something that we can find not only in the dramaland!
Moreover No Min Woo depends on his image than his acting skills !

Posted: Jun 1st, '11, 14:44
by Tyrea
Well I can't be 100% sure, but I am 99.99% sure he doesn't bite them. Not just because of the size, but also the shape of the pink part of his nails (oh gee i feel so...female now, so not used to it)

i can use self-delusion and think of actors as having lips of a prominent color :) and there are guys whose eyes naturally look as if they used the eyeliner. and i got used to that. but i happen to think that the hands are the sexiest thing on a man after his mind so i just...can't...take it. please not the hands :cry: that being said, this was the first time i noticed it (i bet the diva uses it too though), and with no min woo, it just stripped him of his already shaky masculinity ^^; (of course, this is my opinion, no insult intended to fans. i do think he's pretty. but not handsome, pretty XD)
if it was on a manly man with a killer charisma, i would overlook it. or if i got to see it often.

oh boy, i feel so silly XD

Posted: Jun 18th, '11, 07:29
by VangBby
aaaaaaaaah, i soo just love this drama ;A; I cried when Miho had to disappear from Daewoong <3

Posted: Jun 18th, '11, 09:17
by Orion1986
Thank goodness they didn't do what I was afraid they would. XD

Posted: Jun 29th, '11, 21:12
by airboy
I liked it a lot, very funny, even if it's a bit silly story :-)
I also liked that the drama was focused on the main plot and the two leads, often the support charcters take too big part of a drama and make them a bit slow.

What i can't undestand is the picture to the drama, looks like a rich girl and rich guy, nothing at all as they look like in the drama..... :unsure:

Posted: Jun 30th, '11, 03:12
by Orion1986
Well, concept pictures aren't always literal with such shows. I guess they were aiming for the fact that's she's an "older" woman, a creature of grace and sort-of-refinement. Ahaha.
You can't really visually translate those with many outfits. She would either have to be dressed in traditional expensive clothing or modern. Meh. Concepts are a funny thing and all.

Posted: Apr 6th, '12, 15:24
by nari1208
i miss watching this. i like no min woo a tot! ♥

Posted: Apr 7th, '12, 07:03
by tails2
This drama was so cool. A break from the norm. I hope they make more dramas like this in the future. The Gumiho aspect was creative compared to some stories that are the same old recipe.

Shim Mina played her part with style and a sense of ease. It seemed she was comfortable playing a bit of a dimwit, ah but oh so sexy ^ ^

Posted: Apr 11th, '12, 02:24
by fatr
Shin Min Ah is so hot. This is the first kdrama I've seen in maybe 6 years (and only cuz it's on Netflix), last which was also coincidentally a Shin Min Ah series "A Love to Kill" :)

BTW her looks have not changed one bit in 6 years. However, her acting has gotten even better.

Posted: Apr 11th, '12, 04:22
by tails2
fatr wrote:Shin Min Ah is so hot. This is the first kdrama I've seen in maybe 6 years (and only cuz it's on Netflix), last which was also coincidentally a Shin Min Ah series "A Love to Kill" :)

BTW her looks have not changed one bit in 6 years. However, her acting has gotten even better.
Yeah she is hot indeed. I just finished watching a movie she was in called 'A Million'. It wasn't bad. A little like the Japanese movie ' Battle Royale'. It reminds me of another movie I saw but just can't remember what the name is.

I agree about her acting. Her acting in 'My GF is a Gumiho' was an improvement on 'A Love to Kill'.

Posted: Apr 11th, '12, 15:40
by airboy
tails2 wrote:
Yeah she is hot indeed. I just finished watching a movie she was in called 'A Million'. It wasn't bad. A little like the Japanese movie ' Battle Royale'. It reminds me of another movie I saw but just can't remember what the name is.

I agree about her acting. Her acting in 'My GF is a Gumiho' was an improvement on 'A Love to Kill'.
I saw her in the movie "Sister on the road" were she plays one of the sisters. The roll and style she had in that movie is so totatly diffrent from "My girlfriend is a Gumiho" that the only reason i know it was her was because i read the movie information. I would never have guessed it.

Posted: Apr 11th, '12, 16:23
by ziliey
I have been putting this drama off for more than a year and I've just finished watching the drama today. I have to say that this drama has made its way to my Favorite drama list and I will be rewatching this drama very soon!!! I love Shin Min Ah, she is just perfect for the roll and I have to say that she and LSK make a very very cute couple!! I love the Director and Aunt relationship, had me curling my feet and fingers through the whole series!!! The Vet doctor is real cute and I have nothing to complain about this series. Oh! and the song!!! :D Totally in love with the SOUNDTRACK! :D

Posted: Apr 11th, '12, 17:43
by tails2
ziliey wrote:I have been putting this drama off for more than a year and I've just finished watching the drama today. I have to say that this drama has made its way to my Favorite drama list and I will be rewatching this drama very soon!!! I love Shin Min Ah, she is just perfect for the roll and I have to say that she and LSK make a very very cute couple!! I love the Director and Aunt relationship, had me curling my feet and fingers through the whole series!!! The Vet doctor is real cute and I have nothing to complain about this series. Oh! and the song!!! :D Totally in love with the SOUNDTRACK! :D
I couldn't stand the vet guy. HE. CANNOT. ACT!!! He has no acting skill at all and what was up with his hair style.

The OST is awesome. Shin Min Ah sings 2 songs on it herself. 1. Sha La La 2. I Can Give You My All. Her voice is very nice and soothing to listen to. Very soft.

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 04:20
by ziliey
tails2 wrote: I couldn't stand the vet guy. HE. CANNOT. ACT!!! He has no acting skill at all and what was up with his hair style.

The OST is awesome. Shin Min Ah sings 2 songs on it herself. 1. Sha La La 2. I Can Give You My All. Her voice is very nice and soothing to listen to. Very soft.

Hahahaha Yeah well I kept thinking of the vet guy as eye candy, nothing more!! :P

I agree with you on her songs.. I was very surprised to hear that it was SMA who sang those songs.. it was different from her voice, but I love it!

Are you watching LSK's King2 hearts drama??? I am watching it and it kinda reminds me of him in MGIAG.. :D
I find him very attractive whilst playing a bad guy attitude :D

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 04:46
by tails2
ziliey wrote:
tails2 wrote: I couldn't stand the vet guy. HE. CANNOT. ACT!!! He has no acting skill at all and what was up with his hair style.

The OST is awesome. Shin Min Ah sings 2 songs on it herself. 1. Sha La La 2. I Can Give You My All. Her voice is very nice and soothing to listen to. Very soft.

Hahahaha Yeah well I kept thinking of the vet guy as eye candy, nothing more!! :P

I agree with you on her songs.. I was very surprised to hear that it was SMA who sang those songs.. it was different from her voice, but I love it!

Are you watching LSK's King2 hearts drama??? I am watching it and it kinda reminds me of him in MGIAG.. :D
I find him very attractive whilst playing a bad guy attitude :D
I am not watching that yet. I am currently watching a few dramas at the same time. Keeps me going while waiting for some to have the next episodes subs released. I am watching Dummy Mommy, History of a Salaryman & a couple of others.

We have opposite though. I am a guy so I only see his awful acting and not his 'supposedly' handsome looks haha! On the other hand, if you wanna chat about how pretty/sexy SMA is then let's go :D

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 04:56
by ziliey
tails2 wrote:
I am not watching that yet. I am currently watching a few dramas at the same time. Keeps me going while waiting for some to have the next episodes subs released. I am watching Dummy Mommy, History of a Salaryman & a couple of others.

We have opposite though. I am a guy so I only see his awful acting and not his 'supposedly' handsome looks haha! On the other hand, if you wanna chat about how pretty/sexy SMA is then let's go :D
Hahahaha!! sorry I mistook you for a girl!! :P SMA is actually my girl crush and I love her to bits and I'm cool with talking about how pretty/sexy/adorable she is with you! :P

You should totally watch K2H and Rooftop Prince.. both of these are real good, the latter is hilarious.. I havent checked out Dummy Mommy and History of a Salaryman.. are they good???

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 05:20
by tails2
ziliey wrote:
tails2 wrote:
I am not watching that yet. I am currently watching a few dramas at the same time. Keeps me going while waiting for some to have the next episodes subs released. I am watching Dummy Mommy, History of a Salaryman & a couple of others.

We have opposite though. I am a guy so I only see his awful acting and not his 'supposedly' handsome looks haha! On the other hand, if you wanna chat about how pretty/sexy SMA is then let's go :D
Hahahaha!! sorry I mistook you for a girl!! :P SMA is actually my girl crush and I love her to bits and I'm cool with talking about how pretty/sexy/adorable she is with you! :P

You should totally watch K2H and Rooftop Prince.. both of these are real good, the latter is hilarious.. I havent checked out Dummy Mommy and History of a Salaryman.. are they good???
I really want to watch Rooftop Prince, have the subtitles been released yet? I don't know
if it hasn't finished yet, has it?

I have only finished EP2 of Dummy Mommy and it is a little slow at the moment. I can see where everything is and where it is going, so I hope they can switch the story up a bit as time goes on. I hope it won't just be a rehash of past dramas.

I am only on EP1 of Salaryman but I am enjoying it so far. I'll let you know as I get into it more. You should watch Padam Padam if you liked Gumiho. Both have a fantasy theme with a love story thrown in for good measure. I am not finished Padam Padam yet but it has kept me intrigued the whole way, although I wasn't into it at the start.

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 05:41
by ziliey
tails2 wrote:

I really want to watch Rooftop Prince, have the subtitles been released yet? I don't know
if it hasn't finished yet, has it?

I have only finished EP2 of Dummy Mommy and it is a little slow at the moment. I can see where everything is and where it is going, so I hope they can switch the story up a bit as time goes on. I hope it won't just be a rehash of past dramas.

I am only on EP1 of Salaryman but I am enjoying it so far. I'll let you know as I get into it more. You should watch Padam Padam if you liked Gumiho. Both have a fantasy theme with a love story thrown in for good measure. I am not finished Padam Padam yet but it has kept me intrigued the whole way, although I wasn't into it at the start.

The subtitles are out on Darksmurfs.. I've been watching it weekly.. The subtitles up till episode 6 have been released. 8) It really is worth watching! :D

I have tried watching Padam Padam but I was bored in the middle of the 1st episode so I am a bit hesitant to watch it.. I like watching things with humor in it.. I hate watching things that make me cry (which is weird since I cry watching happy humorous things) and Padam Padam had that sorta feeling in it so I stopped.. :blink

I need to find stuff that'll have me laughing and that's why I like Rooftop Prince and GumiHo.. Is Padam Padam a serious drama? :unsure:

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 05:52
by tails2
ziliey wrote:

The subtitles are out on Darksmurfs.. I've been watching it weekly.. The subtitles up till episode 6 have been released. 8) It really is worth watching! :D

I have tried watching Padam Padam but I was bored in the middle of the 1st episode so I am a bit hesitant to watch it.. I like watching things with humor in it.. I hate watching things that make me cry (which is weird since I cry watching happy humorous things) and Padam Padam had that sorta feeling in it so I stopped.. :blink

I need to find stuff that'll have me laughing and that's why I like Rooftop Prince and GumiHo.. Is Padam Padam a serious drama? :unsure:
I'll start watching that tonight so.

Padam Padam is a bit of a tear jerker. I really like Jung Woo Sung. He is a great actor and keeps the story interesting. I watched the first EP and put the rest of it in the recycle bin, I then realized I hadn't anything else to watch so I gave it another try and got hooked.

I recently finished Bad Guy. That wasn't funny but was a good drama, even if the end was frustrating. Hmm, I can't think of any funny dramas that I have watched recently. Salaryman has been funny so far. I don't think it would make you cry. I have to admit that I have a bit of a sensitive side and always forcefully hold back any tears when movies/dramas call for it :wub:

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 06:02
by ziliey
tails2 wrote:
I'll start watching that tonight so.

Padam Padam is a bit of a tear jerker. I really like Jung Woo Sung. He is a great actor and keeps the story interesting. I watched the first EP and put the rest of it in the recycle bin, I then realized I hadn't anything else to watch so I gave it another try and got hooked.

I recently finished Bad Guy. That wasn't funny but was a good drama, even if the end was frustrating. Hmm, I can't think of any funny dramas that I have watched recently. Salaryman has been funny so far. I don't think it would make you cry. I have to admit that I have a bit of a sensitive side and always forcefully hold back any tears when movies/dramas call for it :wub:
You watched Bad Guy??? And lived to tell the tale?? That drama was the most frustrating thing that I have seen!!! I think I could have made up a way better ending than that! I love the actors in it and was excited at first but it was a huge disappointment!
:crazy:

I think I am going to start on Padam Padam tonight.. I have been so bored that I have already started watching Secret Garden for the 3rd time! Was gonna watch Iris as well.. I like watching a lot of things at once so this is perfect.. I guess I better prepare a box of tissue :mrgreen:

I am a real sensitive person but that's only when it comes to dramas and movies.. I rarely cry in real life but when I watch the lead actress being yelled at, I start bawling as if my cat just died.. I try my best not to cry and try to hold back the tears but in the end it makes it worse!
I recently finished watching The Moon That Embraces the Sun and I was wailing like a mad woman through and through.. I have to say, that was one of the best dramas of this year! :D :cheers:

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 06:25
by tails2
ziliey wrote:
You watched Bad Guy??? And lived to tell the tale?? That drama was the most frustrating thing that I have seen!!! I think I could have made up a way better ending than that! I love the actors in it and was excited at first but it was a huge disappointment!
:crazy:

I think I am going to start on Padam Padam tonight.. I have been so bored that I have already started watching Secret Garden for the 3rd time! Was gonna watch Iris as well.. I like watching a lot of things at once so this is perfect.. I guess I better prepare a box of tissue :mrgreen:

I am a real sensitive person but that's only when it comes to dramas and movies.. I rarely cry in real life but when I watch the lead actress being yelled at, I start bawling as if my cat just died.. I try my best not to cry and try to hold back the tears but in the end it makes it worse!
I recently finished watching The Moon That Embraces the Sun and I was wailing like a mad woman through and through.. I have to say, that was one of the best dramas of this year! :D :cheers:
I think the end was rushed considering the time restraints. I thought it was a good drama with an interesting story and a few great actors. I was glued to that right to the end and then BAM!!! A big WTF. I think some of the middle could have been taken out and the end been a bit better. I could see what was going to happen and was hoping I would be wrong but alas I wasn't.

I have heard mixed things about TMTETS. I might watch 1 or 2 eps and see how it grabs me. I have so much to watch at the moment though and so little time.

I wouldn't be a big crier in everyday life myself. The last time I would have cried would have been when my grandmother died a few years ago and before that I couldn't tell you. I think it's a mix of the mood, emotions and those bloody heart-string-pulling OSts they have going all at the same time. But like I said, they have yet to get the better of me. I don't part with my tears easily 8)

To stay on topic, what do you think was the most out of place part of Gumiho? The thing that really didn't fit the drama?

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 07:27
by ziliey
tails2 wrote: I think the end was rushed considering the time restraints. I thought it was a good drama with an interesting story and a few great actors. I was glued to that right to the end and then BAM!!! A big WTF. I think some of the middle could have been taken out and the end been a bit better. I could see what was going to happen and was hoping I would be wrong but alas I wasn't.

I have heard mixed things about TMTETS. I might watch 1 or 2 eps and see how it grabs me. I have so much to watch at the moment though and so little time.

I wouldn't be a big crier in everyday life myself. The last time I would have cried would have been when my grandmother died a few years ago and before that I couldn't tell you. I think it's a mix of the mood, emotions and those bloody heart-string-pulling OSts they have going all at the same time. But like I said, they have yet to get the better of me. I don't part with my tears easily 8)

To stay on topic, what do you think was the most out of place part of Gumiho? The thing that really didn't fit the drama?
Ummm.. the thing that really didn't fit the drama?? Hmmm.. I would have to say.. The bead/pregnancy thing.. The scene where everyone thought that she was preggers but wasn't.. they didn't tell Grandpa what the bead was and stuff.. I found that part weird and unexplained... and the whole vet dude saying my blood will kill you since he is a goblin but in the end, Mi Ho ended up being the reincarnation of a goblin.. So I didn't get why the Vet's blood would kill her..

What about you?? What did you think was out of place? Oh and do give TMTETS a try.. i had mixed feelings about the end and stuff but it was very well played so I don't have a lot to complain about :D

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 08:38
by tails2
Similar to what you are saying about the goblin blood. That if she was formed from goblin fire then how did the blood do what it did. A few other small things and plot holes.

Posted: Apr 12th, '12, 10:34
by ziliey
I couldn't quite figure that out and I don't get the grandmother.. a promise is a promise I dunno what they were saying about the heaven going crazy...and why couldn't she come back earlier...

Posted: Dec 11th, '12, 10:55
by edimulyana
Anyone can tell me what the title of Song / Soundtrack in Episode 2, when Dong Ju kill Kil-Dal??

I have been searching arround.. but still no luck :-(

Posted: Feb 8th, '13, 23:41
by toenail
ziliey wrote:I couldn't quite figure that out and I don't get the grandmother.. a promise is a promise I dunno what they were saying about the heaven going crazy...and why couldn't she come back earlier...
The Grandma promised Mi Ho if she found herself a husband, Mi Ho could be human, but that time Mi Ho is already dieing. Grandma doesn't have enough authority from " Heaven" to resurrect Mi Ho as human, but she still wanted to keep her promise. So Grandma waited until "Heavens going crazy" on events such as solar eclipse to resurrect Mi Ho (sneaky!).

Posted: Aug 14th, '13, 20:27
by Secret_Symphony
I tried to watch this show. It had some cute moments and I liked the mythology with the gumiho. But when the male lead found out her biggest fear and put it in that fearful situation, it was too much of a jerk move for me to like him nor care to continue the series. I stopped watching it after that moment.