Personal Taste (MBC, 2010) Lee Min Ho & Son Ye Jin

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 13th, '10, 18:22

New pictures from the official website (19 of them as of May 13^^), i managed to take them all:

Corona

Post by Corona » May 14th, '10, 00:03

LMH can do my hair anytime XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 14th, '10, 11:15

He can do my laundry anytime :lol
So, no extending. The decision was supposedly be out till May 12. If not, I get the picture.

Finally Gae In's dad appeared. Somehow I don't see a happy family reunion.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 14th, '10, 22:17

I'm at 13 now. Just started. I have to say, the "plot twist" is really simple and soap-opera-ey. I mean, they present it as a biiig secret and I'm sure they'll circle the issue for some time, but if they're not incredibly smart and misleading to do something unexpected, they basically showed us what happened.
Kae In was playing, the glass broke and her mom died. Her dad felt guilty for not building a better glass roof and hates himself and also "hates" his kid cause she inadvertently "killed" her mom, the woman he loved.
It seems very obvious and they show it to us. If Kae In figures it out right away, I'll be happy. I won't like it though if everyone is "exploring this mystery and trying to solve it". I don't like it when they show us what happened and then have the characters taking forever to figure it out. Makes the characters look stupid and you think "Come on already! We saw what happened, you know what happened, how can you still be trying to figure it out? Are you an idiot?" Either they should show it to the viewers in a way that even they can't understand what happened so they can relate to the characters not knowing either, or they should have another plot twist later to go "Aha! Bet you didn't expect this" to the viewer and make them think "Oh. Well, they weren't so predictable and cliche after all. Nice".

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 14th, '10, 22:53

I guess it was in their plan to reveal this and not to make a fuss about it.
In Ep 14 there is a conversation between Gae In, Jin Ho's mother and Gae In's father. Everything is explained.
I actually like this in the drama, they don't have oh-so-groundbreaking mysteries that character has to explore. I think the drama shifted slightly and now is more like: "a story of becoming a full human being". At least I find it like this. Gae In changed tremendously, she's now a full-grown woman, with self-respect, pride and courage. She's not constantly scared ferret like in the first episode. I really don't pay that much attention to the glass ceiling. Although what happened is a unbearable tragedy for Gae In. Seriously.
This is, in my opinion, the main appeal of it. I hope they won't loose it in the 2 last episodes.
I like watching the progress in relationship of JH and GI, I hate In Hee even more than I love JH.
No fireworks, but this was exactly what I was hoping for.

I guess I'm in the minority here.

Dramas cliches? For LMH's smile sake! Dramas are supposed to be build on cliches. That is why we can sympathize (or not) with the characters. And I don't believe in something called "breaking the cliches", because, ultimately, breaking a cliche becomes also a cliche.

I like dramas that make me feel good for one hour.
There was no drama that changed my world, that taught me something, cause I'm old enough to know what I should. I just like the way of expressing the emotions. Even if the plot is woven with cliches.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 00:41

Yes, I just saw 14. They didn't stretch it out too much. I'm pleased. Man, only 2 episodes left and so much going on. I was expecting a whole drama with Kae In leaving him "for his sake" and misunderstandings and everything, but there's not way they can fit all that in 2 episodes. I do think they should have let them do the extension after all. It's too soon for it to end when so much new stuff is happening. I'm afraid it's going to be rushed and poorly done.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '10, 07:58

I would like for them to leave some things unexplained.
I know many people hate open endings, but I actually like the idea.
There's no way they will wrap everything up.
Maybe next week they realize and decide on extending, but it could turn out badly. I'm sure they will do something that won't be rushed. After all, they were cut from 20 to 16 episodes from the beginning, so I guess they have prepared for both versions, hehe^^

Feriel

Post by Feriel » May 15th, '10, 13:24

Hello all!

I finished the 14Th yesterday and i agree with the girl who said that they might dash it off. I really don't know how they can manage to settle everything down. Maybe Jeon Jin Ho will drop the competition. I guess now that he put the glass back, dad's Gae In won't be very happy with him.
Can't wait to see what will happen. I just hope the scriptwriter will be well inspired!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '10, 13:26

Drama strayed from novel in some points, so I don't know what to expect.
But I'm hoping for an open ending.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 16:36

I don't. :P I'm ok with open endings in thriller and maybe really sad and intense dramas. When we're talking romantic comedy (or at least romantic movie that has comedy too), I want a happy perfect ending. I get into a romantic and cheerful/happy mood and I don't like that to be destroyed. If it's a drama, I immediately know it might not go well, so I am prepared.

I absolutely hate it when romantic comedy turns drama (or has a bad ending). If you start light and funny, you finish that way. You can have drama in between and problems and plot twists, but the ending has to be good. I don't watch romantic comedies to be sad and not see the main characters together. If I don't mind that and I'm in that mood, I'll watch a drama. Starting light and funny only to have things go bad or stay unfinished is a no no for me. You're tricking the viewer into thinking they'll see a romance that will go well because of the tone of the show.

I speed-watched Hong Gil Dong and
I HATE with all my heart how it had "comedy" which was really not funny and lame and also had really intense drama. Frankly, I would have wanted it to be pure drama. THEN I could justify what happened in the end too.
I gotta watch it properly this summer. Only for Keun Suk. I hate what they did with it, hate period series, HATE the leading girl and also can't stand "the hero". For Keun Suk only. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '10, 19:32

Are you badmouthing Kang Ji Hwan, you bad girl??? Repent!!

I, for my part, have no issues with beginning and ending of the drama belonging to the same "tone", if you know what I mean. It can start in a light mood, but it may change. Unless change is reasonable and explained, inevitable, I can take it.
I don't like melodramatic endings though. An open ending is better.
But I would like to see JH and GI "happily ever after", truly.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 21:47

I assume that's Hong Gil Dong? Yes. Just can't like him. He didn't leave an impression on me what so ever. I could be looking at paint drying and I'd feel more exhilarated by it. It may be the speed watch, may be the part and his face just rubs me the wrong way, but I can't stand him in that series. Sowwy. :roll

Speaking of open endings, I hope Personal Taste for one, won't have it cause it's a very light and fluffy series in general and also, and this is completely off topic, I hope the Kimi wa Petto movie will have a more proper ending too. HATED the one in the japanese version.
You spend the entire series feeling sorry for poor Momo not being seen as a man, there's drama, there's tension, the will to see them together, eventually passion too and when it's all about to end and you're thinking "They finally know their feelings now, they're a couple and will probably be humping like rabbits in heat 24/7", they're like "Yeah... Well, our relationship didn't change much... It's still a pet and master.. we didn't really become a couple or realize we love and are attracted to each other... So, pet and master.. who will occasionally do the horizontal monster mash..." Come ooooon. I hate it when they do that in series/movies. When you build a whole story on torturing the viewer on whether the characters will find out/accept their feelings and get together, you give the viewer what they want! Why did they watch the series and go through that emotional roller-coaster to get to such a lackluster ending?

I personally despise series/movies that do such a thing just to be edgy and different. I don't watch romantic stuff to get disappointment and lukewarm endings. I watch them for romance, fluffiness and maybe heat too. I watch them because they show me the good side of romance and relationships. If I want a tearjerker and dramatic love story (or an open ending), I'll watch something that's stated as a romantic drama and generally has an image of a serious toned and dramatic show. When I see comedy anywhere and it's presented to me as a light and fluffy story, I like it to remain that way. Cause I watch it to see just that, not get a surprise "all goes to hell" ending.
Personal opinion always. :notworthy: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '10, 22:47

I had the impression that
KWP ending was a bit rushed. One more episode would be nice. But, as long as I'm not satisfied with the ending, I'm not that much dissapointed either. From their words I concluded that their relationship is slowly progressing. And in contrast to episode 1, Sumire chan smiled while talking about another man. I guess she realized Takeshi as a man, not a pet.
Kang Ji Hwan
watch My Girlfriend is an Agent. You will see some familiar faces, ah, Director Choi^^ :wub: . And you will see different Kang Ji Hwan
I do hope Personal Taste will end up good and in clouds of romance.
But I would more likely go for some heavy punishment of In Hee and Chang Ryul.
In Hee because she's a "walking venom", and Chang Ryul because he's just stupid. But sending them to an uninhibited island and leaving there for the rest of their lives would suit the best. In Hee could wear extremely short skirts made from a palm leaves, and Chang Ryul could just stare at the sea and do whatever In Hee orders.
That would be my ending.

And of course a quiet wedding ceremony for Jin Ho and Gae In. As I said, I like how they became comfortable with each other. Really. Maybe afterall I'm a romantic girl?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 15th, '10, 23:12

Oooooh yes! Well, Chang Ryul's punishment sounds nice, but why give In Hee anyone to order around? I say, leave her as a slave on some household with a couple. A very smart man and woman who love each other and can see through all her crap. She'll have to watch them be happy and not be able to get even ONE tiny thing her way. It would be true Hell for that b*tch! :cussing:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 15th, '10, 23:40

So, lets make In Hee a nagini, since she's practically made of poison and venom, and let her dwell among her kind?
:lol :lol

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 00:11

Why make her a cool creature? If we're turning her into animals, make her a worm. She's closer to that than a snake. Annoying and insignificant! Oh wait! Worms have 5 hearts and this b*tch is heartless! :rofl: Scratch that...

Let's make her one of those little fish that follow bigger fish around to eat the parasites off of them. Aaalways trying to catch up to the better people and leech from them, but she'll always be one step behind and stuck with the "leftovers" for life.

Than again, those fish are happy with the little they can get. This one can never have enough.. Hmmm... I don't think there's an animal or creature pathetic enough to be her. :rofl:

She's Scylla and Charybdis combined! Btw, "scylla" in greek means b*tch, although b*tch is written with one "l" so it might not mean the same thing. I think it does though. Lol. So In Hee would be Scyla. Pronounced "ski-la" btw. Ski as in the sport and la as in..well, la. Like the music note. Lol.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '10, 11:02

No, there is a pitiful creature called gaki in Japanese (preta in sanskrit). One of 8 ways to be reborn after death in Buddhist concept. It's a hungry ghost. It sees food, but when it reaches it - the food disappears.

Lets make In Hee gaki in THIS world.

PS, no need to translate, honey, I work on world religions and myths^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 11:08

That sounds nice. Yeeees. :thumleft:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '10, 11:10

I knew it, there has to be some creature she can bu turned to!!

Or at least make her a stepping stone. Everyone would stomp upon her as she does with other people.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 16th, '10, 11:41

Stepping stone? You're not thinking mean enough.

Let's make her a crapper in some sleazy bar, in some alley, somewhere in the poorest ghetto in India or South America or something.

:scratchchin:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 16th, '10, 11:55

You're right, I'm not mean enough. I'm off to bake some cookies and I will think in the meantime what we can do.

But wasn't that strange to you that Jin Ho's mother met with that b*tch? I mean, did they ever meet? I guess, since "oppa girl" knows her, it's her doing. I would like beat them both to achieving a nice, smooth bulk...

dina_nada

Post by dina_nada » May 17th, '10, 22:18

before i say what i'm gonna say so no one may hit me or something :P
first i do loooove this drama :wub:
second Issy my "friend" sent me :mrgreen:
so here it goes :whistling: ...is there anyone who can't see some resemblance between personal taste and the movie Three to tango by Matthew Perry :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 18th, '10, 07:12

Issy sent you??
Welcome, welcome, a friend of Issy is my friend as well^^

Sorry, i haven't seen that movie, so I can't compare, unfortunately.

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 16:36

Yaaay, a whole thread dedicated to LMH/PT/Bitching about the bia** InHee/...

Now, I don't even know where to start.

BUT I HOPE InHee get some sort of punishment for what a biaaa*tch she has been throughout the WHOLE show, I mean seriously, NO change whatsoever?

Though, the preview of Ep.15 did show something something??!!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 17:04

I guess she will remain the biggest b*tch in the latest Kdramas.
I don't think any traits of change will rest with her for good. She's made from venom and will be scheming as soon as she smell the prey.
Those like her don't change just like that. She may change for the time being, because she's good at acting, but no change at all.

And the best punishment would be for her to be on Gae In and Jin Ho's wedding!!!

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 19:06

OMG OMG OMG!! I was so eager to see how PT ends that I started browsing the soompi forum looking for spoilers, I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

How can SJ do such a thing? :cussing:

Inhee is indeed one of the biggest bi**ch in Kdramas that I have seen lately. It is amazing how she makes you want to jump into the TV and just strangle her, or slap her in the face or scratch her eyes out or.....!! In a way, kudos to the writers and the actress whose name I forgot :D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 19:33

You know what they say: Curiosity is the first step to hell.

The actress name is Wang Ji Hye and she's really good in being the biggest b*tch ever!!

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 19:45

OH! you uploaded the FINAL episode!! kamsahamnida!!

Let's see if I can keep my curiosity in check and NOT see the
bed scene
that has been discussed so much in the fora. I will definitely *sqeee* while watching it :lol

AAH, I hope WITHS2 are quick with the subtitles, and I should once again be more dilligent in learning Korean. Oh Lee Min Ho, be my teacher, onegaiiii!! heh, mixing Japanese, no good :scratch:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 19:49

I put one pic of it in the slideshow, hehe. I just couldn't help it.
I like the fact they didn't wait untill the last 5 minutes to let the couple be together.
I like the way Director Choi explained some things to Gae In's dad...
Eh...

Actually mixing Japanese in his example is a good way! Mehehe :wub: :wub:

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 20:01

hontoniii??? :whistling:

I just saw the slideshow you provided, *supersqeee*

patience patience...

Dont know what I will do now that PT has finished. No LMH, NO dimples, No amazing smile :cry

Otoke??!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 20:10

You can rewatch it, after a month break (I do it that way to check if my feelings for a drama are true or were just temporary emotions).
And then rewatch again, and again, waiting for his new project.
Which I will try to provide if I get the chance^^

I will miss Ryu Seung Ryong timid smile and voice, eh...
And
Young Sun's husband(?) appeared, hehe. I really wanted her to end up with Sang Joon. But everything's possible,

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 20:29

Yeah, I so wished that DoBin would find love, but alas... :(

YS's husband is the guy from Hero!! I recognised his face.
But seriously. Inhee and SJ??!!!! I mean, say WUUUT??! I
I would actually not mind if CR and InHee got back together, sorta...

YS and SJ are really cute together, but not as a couple maybe. if you think about it, it sorta wouldn't make sense, as she does have a child AND is married. Call me old-fashioned 8) But the chemistry was definitely there!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 20:50

I haven't seen Hero, I'm not a big fan of LJK anyway, and the plot seemed uninteresting to me.
I don't think they are together for real. IH is just feeling said cause her self-esteem was crushed, her self-love abused and she ended up with nothing in hand. SJ on the other hand was charmed by her in the previous episodes when he blurted out JH is not gay. But I guess it won't last long. It doesn't look like it
But YS was always referred to this guy as Hyuk's father, not a husband. But I guess it means husband, just she didn't feel like it. The small detail, but the screenwriters paid an attention to it^^

aility

Post by aility » May 20th, '10, 21:12

YS did say in the previous episodes that they wanted to get married, but their parents were opposing it, so she just got pregnant (if my memory serves me right) in order to marry him.

If I didnt read the recaps which dramabeans and girlfriday provides, I would have missed out all the little details that the screen writers put in. Looking forward to see DB and GF's take on the YS/SJ/husband thingie :D

Hero was uhm... ok show I guess, but not WOW. LKJ played also a masculine role for ones, and looked more manly. Must admit also that I never understood why so many people find LKJ to be so HOT! :scratch:

I was starting on a long rant/comment/ about
regarding SJ and IH,
then I realised that it is way past my bedtime, so I will save it for later!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 20th, '10, 21:21

So nighty night^^
Dream about some dimples^^

Yeah, I don't get that hype aroung LJK either. :whistling:

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 21st, '10, 16:02

How to download the subs? am i supposed to watch the drama and read the subs on WITHS2 website at the same time? that would be really annoying.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 21st, '10, 16:19

You know, download subs from their website and play them with the episode.
So far they have eps for 11 episodes.
Be patient.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 22nd, '10, 08:24

riki_kun wrote:How to download the subs? am i supposed to watch the drama and read the subs on WITHS2 website at the same time? that would be really annoying.
:lol :lol :lol :lol
that's funny. with withs2 subs sometimes you need to right click and then save target as instead of just clicking on subs name. :P
also you can check out their VIA ACCESS account because you can get their subs release much earlier. if you have no patience of course :whistling:
i still have to watch this drama :unsure: just blame Chuno/TH for still not doing so :mrgreen:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 22nd, '10, 14:17

It works for Firefox users.
I really thought subs are obvious on their website, you know.

I'm blaming PT and Chuno for not doing nothing more, grrrr....

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 22nd, '10, 20:29

This will be my last post today, but I just can't help it!
Ryu Seung Ryong!
Topped seventh in Daum Cafe
His movie ("Secret")topped second/third (depends on the criteria) in Daum Cafe.
His profile on Daum:
Ryu Seung Ryong
Yup, call me crazy, but ever since his "Harimao" thing I love him!! So I was extremely happy to see his name in PT crew^^

legolasidkarlo

Post by legolasidkarlo » May 23rd, '10, 00:24

are their other source of subs for this one? :(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '10, 09:56

No, only WITH S2.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '10, 16:49

I'm watching 15 now and I gotta say, the series disappointed me. I liked how it started off very light and funny, but it's just getting too dramatic now. Can't they make a series that has a proper amount of drama and not too much of it and too cheesy? I mean, the big secret about her mom turned the show completely into a soap opera where you have these really insane and "serious" situations. Can't they learn how to create drama with actual relationship stuff instead of bringing ridiculous external factors to "ruin" things? Every romantic korean series I've seen has these kind of overly dramatic happenings. Which is why I liked Coffee Prince so much, since it didn't have too much of such things. It was down to Earth.

I mean, it just makes the whole thing non-realistic. Like in YAB, the whole thing with Tae Kyung's mom. It's like, those don't happen in everyday couples so people can't relate to them. I understand we need some drama, but don't overdo it so much, guys...

I would have loved if they had left In Hee and the gay-not-gay as the only problems. They'd be enough and also more convincing. There ARE women like In Hee and the whole gay misunderstanding can happen too. They could have built drama on that which would make it more realistic too. Not by adding a crime/mystery with deaths and stolen blueprints and turning it into a joke.

It's a cheap and lame way to create tension and drama that could very well be done with real problems and challenges if the writer was talented (or if "the boss" allowed them to). AND it would not be boring even if the problems would be simpler, or rather, cinematicaly simpler. IF the writer was talented that is (or the bosses let them). They have great actors in Korea and good production values. But this whole obsession with drama and perfection in visuals is making their stories lacking and causing wearing their actors out.

They could really do so much better and many korean works I've seen prove that.

Edit: Finished 15
Ok, Jin Ho telling that bastard of a father off at the end, I did enjoy. :wub: I like them when they're angry and bold. :clap:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '10, 17:58

It will be my last post today.

Actually the plot with "gay-not gay" is a secondary plot. The first one is "The blueprints", seriously. Jin Ho started to live in Sang go jae just because of it, he moved out when Gae In mistakenly took him for gay. So I don't think they just came up with the idea, but rather it was the main plot for the story.
"Gay-not gay" is just a subplot to keep up the emotional tension of everyone involved. It's just a side-effect.
And I don't find it overdramatic. I had big hiatus from Kdramas (OK, 3 months), I tried to watch Birth of the Rich and Man Called God, but I got bored quickly, and PT I found refreshing (plus LMH, plus RSR). They don't drag any problem over few episodes, but deal with it quickly. There is no "Goodbye for ever" scenes, even when someone gets angry, it will pass eventually. Unless someone's name is In Hee, she doesn't forgive anything.

Plus, great performance from almost everyone (Chang Ryul's dad is out, Oppa Girl is out, Jin Ho's mother is out!).

Mandugirl

Post by Mandugirl » May 23rd, '10, 18:31

Lee min is soo hooot, the drama got a little stupid at the end, but its a drama, its what i'd expect. :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '10, 19:16

Oh sure, it doesn't drag on like other series, but some things I still think were over the top and unnecessary. Mainly the thing with Kae In's mom. The only purpose it serves so far is an excuse for her father to feel guilty and angry.

I would have preferred it if it was not as shallow as that. There are bad fathers out there too. And some don't have such a convenient excuse. They could have just made him a man who was devastated because of his wife's death and couldn't face his child cause she reminded him of his wife. It's much more realistic that way and he could still be like he is now.

The way it's going
He probably made a failed design and didn't make the glass strong enough. So he feels guilty and then she feels guilty, but they're both really just hurt. It's too convenient and not like real life. They could still have the same characters with the kind of plot I mentioned. His wife died cause of a disease or normal accident, he couldn't face his kid cause she reminded him of her. So he felt guilty and tried to hide that by being overbearing. And Kae In would feel guilty because she could never match up to what her mom was. They could still, I think, keep the drama without having such an overly dramatic thing like "Kae In killed her mom". I think you can make the viewer gasp and be shocked in a much more classy and well done way than just have a really big and intense event like that.
It's a matter of taste. To me, such over the top stuff just brings "cheap soap opera" to mind and it's a shame because all these series are of very good quality and nothing like soap operas. So why do they do such soap opera cliches?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 23rd, '10, 19:39

I couldn't help it and went here again.
Actually Gae In didn't kill her mother.
glass was too weak and the design was not sufficient to bear this, this is the reason, I mean the glas would have broken any time. The bad luck it was when her mom was working under it
And I don't think that's the case with Gae In's dad. He left Sang Go Jae not because he would face his daughter, but Sang Go Jae was his failure, and he couldn't be in a place that marked both his failure and in consequence - his tragedy.
He was world famous architect overall, and this reminded him of his flaw.
Hurted pride that is.
Not sentimental feelings. He's not the type (judging from 2 episodes).

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 23rd, '10, 19:47

That's exactly what I mean. The whole thing is just too unrealistic for me. The version I talked about would have been just as dramatic, but more human and down to Earth. Which would actually make it even more sad than what's going on right now. I guess it's because the series is targeted towards younger audiences (I think?). I mean, all this is just too "nicely" done with no attempt to add real depth to the whole thing. The drama, I mean. I guess they didn't have much time to make it more proper drama (not cheap "thrills") which is why they wanted to extend the series. Unfortunately, they couldn't extend so I guess this is fine. I still don't like this twist though. It just doesn't give me what I personally want from a dramatic story. Love the series, but those 2 characters we've mentioned and this "mom" plot twist are just cheapening an otherwise good series. My personal opinion.

Edit: I'm almost finishing 16...
Ok, I officially adore Lee Min Ho. Didn't like him much with BOF, but after this HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT kissing, I officially love the man. He's got balls of effing steel to kiss like that in an entertainment industry (series) who's romance is based on pecks! Did you see that??!?!? I'm still picking up my jaw from the floor, but it keeps dropping! Now that's PROPER kissing! And how bad was that? It was sweet and sexy! Lee Min Ho and Gong Yoo. Look at these two guys, male actors of Korea! Look and learn cause THAT'S how you kiss a lady! I might just make a sig with these two and some text about their awesomness in this field! Lol. I think I just had a tiny orgasm with that kiss *she can't resist some naughtiness in her posts lately*. Man.. I wish they'll have more of that in korean series from now on. It makes me forgive the series for any of its problems. It's the perfect balance. Respectful and proper enough as to not offend the government (cause politicians are the most innocent of them all, pretentious hypocritical bastards) AND it's realistic enough. I mean, that's a couple. They kiss like a couple is supposed to! Breath of fresh air from a korean series... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Son Ye Jin was amazing too. I mean, kudos, my wonderful woman! She was kissing properly as well. In some stuff I've seen, it's usually the guy who tries a bit and the girls just sit there like someone's holding a gun to their heads, lips tightly shut. I've found myself screaming "Open your mouth, you stupid woman! It ain't gonna kill ya!". Ye Jin is actually participating instead of just standing there, which makes it very natural and realistic. She's awesome! Min Ho shiiiii!!! I humbly apologize for dissing you. You are a manly man who's revolutionizing korean tv entertainment. You rock, you hunk of a man! *kiss made her delirious*
Edit again: Finished
Well, I have to say, it did seem rushed. Also, I didn't like how everything went perfectly for everyone. In Hee is suddenly nice, Chang Ryul decided to develop a brain and so did oppa-girl. It was just too perfect for everyone. Except the one who most deserved it, Director Choi, that is. The smartest, nicest man in the series who, excluding the gay part, is any woman's perfect man. :heart: I mean, sure, I didn't want a bad ending, but they overdid it with the joy. Aaaall the relationships are suddenly mended, no one gets punished for being a jerk, nothing.. Oh well, the hot steaming kiss scene makes me forgive and forget all. That man's mouth acted like a black hole, swallowing any complaints I have. :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '10, 09:22

I said it, LMH rocks all the way!!!!!!!!
A-L-L the way.
In my case, damn I wouldn't let him out of bed, seriously!!
And yes, I did feel it a bit rushed but since they didn't get the permission to extend, they had to wrap it up (in some satin sheets, ekhemm). As you said, the only one person who deserved it all, didn't get anything.
As for Min Ho
he's so smokin hoooooooooooooot!! I noticed it in BOF, he was the reason I skipped the episodes only for his scenes, but here, damn, he's better and better. In kissing too^^ I felt sometimes knots in my stomach seeing this. Well, comparing to other Kdramas where everyone kisses as if they had to kiss a rotten rat. Min Ho is just behind Gong Yoo (whom I would eat alive here and now. Good his next movie will be romantic one, although he would prefer criminal (pabo, are you gonna kiss Magnum? Well, it does remind me of something, but some not-so-innocent girls may read this and I will be prosecuted for obscenity again). Main couple was one of the best couples of the last years. Period.
I don't think In Hee will change. She's just lying low. She's smart afterall.

Something different, look who's going to military:
http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?id ... 3351062471

Neliets

Post by Neliets » May 24th, '10, 09:36

I just though - this drama is very, very good but if only cast would be better-looking... especially Park Kae In. Or they'd look good together but...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '10, 10:00

What?? She's beautiful!! :crazy: :crazy:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 24th, '10, 11:11

Lady's got killer legs and she's sweet. True, she's not some model beauty, but Kae In had to be able to look awful too and also be someone very endearing to the viewer.

Ye Jin makes the part work by being so talented and really someone you can't hate. And such pushover female characters are easy to hate cause the actresses usually overact and just look cutesy/stupid. She manages to keep the character in a good balance.

But yes, I do agree she's not as pretty as other ladies.. Then again, I don't think Min Ho is all that awesome in the looks department (don't kill me) so I saw them equally. Plus, veeery good chemistry.

And about army boy, yes, read it a while back. Another thing that would stop the extension. Aww. Bye bye, cute hair. I hope he becomes an even more charming guy after the army. Go there and come back an even better man! :wub: Although I do feel sorry for them if korean military service is anything like the Greek one. S'God afwul. :doh:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 24th, '10, 11:40

I watched once documentary on Korean Army, brrrr...
But I guess guys after the army become men. (did you hear that Keunsuk??)

Ye Jin did a terrific job, her Gae In was a doormat (as once Jin Ho said, not in a subtle way), but she managed to show her changing in a great way, not overacting, not too much sniffing, not too much angst. I liked the scenes from Ep 12 onward, whenever she talked with In Hee. She wasn't afraid as terrified ferret, she was naturally changed. She needed someone who gives her kick in her small butt!

And LMH is adorable. Period! :wub:

aility

Post by aility » May 28th, '10, 11:01

I cant wait to see the last two episodes WITH subtitles!!! :D

And Orion, I so agree with you on the
KISSING PART! There have been SO MANY times in those kdramas where the girl just stands there with her lips closed while the guy does the whole kissing, and it seems so FAKE. I find myself :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: at the screen. And wondering if those actresses really doesnt know how to kiss on screen, or if there is a rule in the kdrama inductry that girls are NOT allowed to be sexual being? Othertimes the kissing has just been two closed lips pressed together, while they do the circle around the couple, and I am like heh...

! I so miss the passion in the kdramas.
There was a time I thought it was really cute that couple expressed their love only by hugging, but I am way past that stage. More skinskip, more kissing, more MORE MOREEE!!! Ladies, take control!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 31st, '10, 08:46

I will cut the last episode of Section TV to make a short video of the last meeting of the cast, and I will put up a link to it. That is when I'm back from work. Now I managed to sneak out^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 1st, '10, 11:44

As I promised, I made a short clip (over 5 minutes) of the last cast meeting (very, verry funny, especially Ryu Seung Ryong doing Director Choi^^, I love this guy, but I was scared in Secret with him...).
Download or watch, I don't care:
http://www.divshare.com/download/11555357-c0f

aility

Post by aility » Jun 2nd, '10, 11:33

Thanks Ethlenn for sharing!! I wish I understood what they said :(

The section where they replaced Kae-In's face with RSR's face, SO FUNNY!!! :lol

Why did LMH change his hairstyle? the bangs, looks, kinda ...

Ack, still haven't had time to see the last two episodes! Darnit, 시간이 없어요 :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 4th, '10, 11:44

aility wrote:
Why did LMH change his hairstyle? the bangs, looks, kinda ...
...emo? Lets not be afraid to state the truth. :whistling:
나도,시간이없지만,드라마를봐요 :cry:

unirous

Post by unirous » Jun 10th, '10, 18:04

Hi tank u so much.
I do'nt know why but I can'nt DL any of link it say cannt find server.
would you check plz.
tanx again

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '10, 18:29

All of the links work perfectly. It has to be problem on your side with connections or program itself.

aility

Post by aility » Jun 26th, '10, 00:41

woot wooot, I finally finished the serie! yataaa!
Have to agree that the ending was somewhat rushed, but then again, dont know if the show would be any better if they extended it. I hate it when they draaaaaaag the plot out...

and why why couldnt Director Choi get someone to love as well? it is so unfair espeially since it worked out for everyone else...!

Another thing, ugh, I was really really not understanding why the writers did such a lousy job with LMH's character those last two episodes. " go, go" she leaves, "dont go". ugh... for some reason some of the acting part wasnt convincing... But I guess in general, the PD/writers/editors or who else who is responsible, has from time to time done an awful job with the editing, music and such...

but as mentioned in the posts above, OMG, kissing scene, SO STEAMY HOOOOT! I hope all the dramas from now off will follow that example. Girl, pleeeease, move your lips and stop being so passive, letting the guy do all the movement!
Off to bed now! :salut:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 26th, '10, 06:45

The kissing in this series and Director Choi were reasons enough to want to watch again. But yes, it went downhill near the end. Too much drama, packed together and had too much of a "happy" ending for all.
They also seemed to completely scratch the main villain, In Hee. Even made her "good". I don't like it when they do that. You build up a character and emotions about them for the viewers so you don't go changing that in the last episode.
But, it was nice. Fun to watch. Enjoyable and some hot kissing, also some funny scenes here and there. And some hot kissing. And at least for a while, good acting.... and some hot kissing... Did I mention the hot kissing?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 26th, '10, 09:08

You did not, so I have to mention some nice hot kissing in this drama.
But yes, I started to watch it for RSR, he didn't disappoint me, but the last 3 episodes did.
...and now time for the commercials:
Some Hot Kissing for you!.... end of commercials.

I don't think they made In Hee "good", they gave her a comedy relief she was lacking through 15 episodes. In the end, she realized her vain attempt to possess Jin Ho's heart (I bet, only heart, hehe).
But in overall it was a funny spring drama.

On the other note, if SBS decides to show the love scene in Bad Guy, it will beat this wif a length of chain... and we know that KNG doesn't just peck at anyone. :whistling:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 26th, '10, 09:16

Swallow that gold-digger whole, Mr. Bad Guy! :rofl:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 26th, '10, 09:41

Not her, but Tae Ra... mehehe... :mrgreen:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 26th, '10, 09:51

And that is? I didn't bother to remember names. :P

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 26th, '10, 10:54

The mother of that stupid kid who tried to kill Gun Wook in the first episode. They had very hmmm scene with the hair in her cleavage. Of course director of the series got scolded for such immoral scene. Can you imagine??

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 26th, '10, 11:00

A guy grabbing a hair from a woman's cleavage was immoral? :rofl: I guess shoving his face in there is out of the question then.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 26th, '10, 11:03

As I said I hate SBS managment. I hate those backward thinking TV bosses!!

But there is some nice elevator scene that raised the tension. Aigoo... they have such an actor who can undress any woman with his gaze only, a really brave actress and they screw things up as I see it.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 17th, '10, 04:11

I finally finished this series, I admit in the beginning I wasn't as hooked as I could have been, but because I was such a big Lee Minho fan, I watched for him hehe. Anyway as it went on, it did become addicting, and it was quite enjoyable. At times some characters annoyed but I guess that is normal with most dramas.
And Lee MinHo is still GOOD as always :D

serenity1618

Post by serenity1618 » Aug 1st, '10, 10:18

Oh I wish they did more in the ending.. But hell, Min Ho was hot so I dont really care how it ended! :P

there were lot of romantic, cheezy, cute and funny scenes through out the drama that even though I was a bit disappointed with the ending I STILL WANT TO WATCH IT OVER AND OVER!

and yes there were a lot of hot kissing scenes! love it! :)

aNaStAsIa7

Post by aNaStAsIa7 » Aug 1st, '10, 16:39

Orion1986 wrote:The kissing in this series and Director Choi were reasons enough to want to watch again. But yes, it went downhill near the end. Too much drama, packed together and had too much of a "happy" ending for all.
They also seemed to completely scratch the main villain, In Hee. Even made her "good". I don't like it when they do that. You build up a character and emotions about them for the viewers so you don't go changing that in the last episode.
But, it was nice. Fun to watch. Enjoyable and some hot kissing, also some funny scenes here and there. And some hot kissing. And at least for a while, good acting.... and some hot kissing... Did I mention the hot kissing?
I totally echo your thoughts abt too much happy ending for all. In Hee totally got away with everything. Drives me crazy. This drama is also great as it's a bit more intelligent (not the typical or kiddish plot) and not as predictable as many k dramas these days. Many romantic scens too :o)

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Aug 2nd, '10, 23:08

I found that the very first episode was lacking something (bad acting) but by the second episode the acting changed considerably (it got way better). I hated Chang Ryul. I just wanted to kill him. He was one of the most boring characters I have ever met. I love the scenes consisting of Lee Young Sun and No Sang Joon. It was hilarious.
I took my time getting to watch this drama though cause I just wanted to leave during most scenes between episodes 8 onwards I think. I think I'm the only one that thinks this but Park Kae In just annoyed the hell out of me and also Hye Mi.

gilnis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gilnis » Aug 17th, '10, 14:02

I didn't like Gu Jun Pyo in Boys Over Flowers and I hated Lee Min Ho's bad acting. (If I were rude, I wouldn’t call it acting at all.) I thought it was because of the directing, that’s why I wanted to give Lee Min Ho a chance. I expected much, but it seems I was wrong. It wasn’t because of the directing, but the lack of acting. In Personal Taste unfortunately I’ve seen another Gu Jun Pyo with shorter hair and in different clothes. This drama and Lee Min Ho as well disappointed me very much. I’m totally disenchanted. :glare:

However, I really liked Son Ye Jin again :thumleft: (there’s no way I could dislike her) and I’m very happy to get to know Kim Ji Suk and Ryu Seung Ryong :thumleft: who were great, so watching it definitely wasn’t a waste of time.

cherrym

Post by cherrym » Sep 1st, '10, 20:32

I just finished watching this drama a couple of days ago and I thought it was ok.
I found it quite funny at first :lol But then it became kind of ... I don't know how to call it. The main female character was a bit too ... hmm, let's say, too clueless for my taste. But I guess she had a big heart so... :roll Oh well.

I liked the fact that Jin Ho had to endure so many awkward situations because he was 'gay' :lol Actually, it's the first drama I watched that actually approached this subject. And Sang Jun pretending to be gay was so damn funny I always laughed when I saw him XD
except that time when he gave Mr. Park's blueprints to Director Choi, I kinda wanted to murder him when he did that :glare:

The ending was somewhat ok, but I totally hated In Hee in the drama, and I felt like the ending should've had something bad happen to her :whistling: just sayin'.

And I was honestly like "awww" when I saw Director Choi all alone in the end. I mean after ALL that he did for them !!... at least get that man a date!! :doh: