You're Beautiful (SBS, 2009)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Apr 6th, '10, 17:38

I dunno if anyone noticed this, but Jang Geun Seuk's acting in this series (because his role in HGD was totally different) seems rather similar to Han Ye Seul's style in Couple of Fantasy. Is it a Hong Sisters thing, or do certain Koreans really speak like that?
Actually I think JGS copied Kim Myung Min from Beethoven Virus with his added mouth quirk he got from "devil wears prada".
Orion1986 wrote:
Eita is cute as pie and Tamaki Hiroshi was hot back in 2006 (now he looks like a mummy, sooo thin). Also, Matsuyama Kenichi a.k.a Koibito will always be special. :roll

There are certain celebrities. Common japanese folk are just not my thing though. :-)
There's quite a few hot guys out there actually. And some Japanese guys are so tall. They're over 5' 11". My Japanese friend whose 5' 11" doesn't think he's tall cuz there are so many tall guys around. 5'11" seems to be the average norm now.

I think you missed Tamayama Tetsuji on your list :P He's pretty good looking. Oguri Shun is hit and miss. Sometimes he looks really hot and sometimes he looks bad (it's the hair). Shosuke Tanihara isn't too bad looking now either. He looked bad in HYD movie O_o Osamu Mukai, Tackey Hideaki, Takenouchi Yukata, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Mokomichi are pretty hot too. Narimiya Hiroki and Miura Haruma more on the boyish cute side.

Herry

Post by Herry » Apr 7th, '10, 02:06

You are beautiful is cute and funny... it was one of the most entertaining dramas in a long time... it also covers one of my favorite subjects, which is gender blender...:) for some reason i love this subject... it opens so many funny possibilities...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 8th, '10, 15:58

Oh my... *faints*

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '10, 16:35

Sukkie thread, my dear, Sukkie thread here. No news from Javabeans^^
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 8th, '10, 19:54

Did you mean I should post it on his thread or that this is his thread? And why not javabeans? Actually, it's dramabeans. :blink Did I do something wrong? Cause I honestly didn't understand what you said. Sowwy :unsure:

A few seconds later: You mean the author of the post? Do you have something against him/her? Should I too? Lol. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '10, 19:57

No, no!!
I still can't become familiar with dramabeans (it used to be javabeans).
And I meant there is plenty of articles on it in Sukkie thread, honey^^
Sorry for misunderstanding^^
Gomen...
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 8th, '10, 20:01

Aaah. I sees. :D I'm trying to stay away from actor threads. I can't stand fangirls. At least the ones that don't have some sort of sense of boundaries and propriety. :lol

Btw, my Xbox 360 is back (well, a new one they sent me is) so we're watching YAB in HD again. My God... I had forgotten how awesome HD is. Keun Suk in HD too. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 8th, '10, 20:47

No, Sukkie thread is very civilized, Issy and I keep it that way (hahaha :lol: ). It's a place for noonas like ourselves (well, you're pretty young...).
I finished rewatching YAB.
Hwang Tae Kyung (speaking like Hae Yi, hehe)...

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 18th, '10, 16:23

If someone has money to spend:

価格:980円(税込)
thanks to:yahoo.jp

And something from my growing universe of Sukkie's pics^^
Attachments
Sukkie (2087).jpg
Sukkie (2087).jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Sukkie (3002).jpg
This is for photoshop. Just place your head on the girl's place and voila! Mehehe :D
Sukkie (3002).jpg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 932 times

danae_luna

Post by danae_luna » Apr 28th, '10, 20:45

I was looking in d-addicts for a thread on this drama!!! MY GOD IT IS SOOO GOOOD!!!!

:wub: :w00t:

I normally watch j-doramas and not k-drama: but this was an apocalypse!!! I am an addict of the Hana Yori Dango story, but I really think this one may even be better. What can I say???

With a friend of mine that we are watching it together, weI like it soo much that we don't want it to end, so we stopped watching it at episode 10, hehe. We will resume once we get together and can watch it then. 8)

It is also the first time I am not even clear who I like best!!!! I normally go for the wilde-violent guy, but in this case I cannot choose a preferred one!!! hehe

Lee Hong-Ki is amazing as Jeremy, he is so fresh, funny, his "Jolieeeee" line is already a favourite. Shin-woo is just plain perfect, whenever he appears the screen goes like "woom" / zen, like the perfect guy, there is not one ugly take of him in the whole drama - how did they do this??? And then Huang Tae Kyong character... this guy is just simply amazing, his grimaces, the way he stares!!!! I could hardly imagine a guy looking so good in drappe blouses hhahaha and the eyeliner: just perfect! Cannot praise it enough!

The girl is also so nice!!! Very cute, really convincing [although OK you can tell she is not guy, too small IMO]
In general the whole cast is amazing! [apart from the stupid girl UEE: she has a very nice body, but apart from that, what??? Nothing!! what a face my god.... Really annoying]

Apologies for the blabbing, but I really can help it I like it sooo much!!! :wub: Gomennnn

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 28th, '10, 21:40

I actually liked UEE in it. Se was really convincing as a national fairy who has nothing more to offer^^ I liked her pouting and visible thinking ( I felt the pain with her, hehe).
Don't stone me, but I maintain that Shin Woo was the weakest character, but Jung Yong Hwa wasn't much of an actor playing him. He did a good job, really, yet somehow... nantonaku...

On the pic I posted above with straps, Jeremy became Germi. Sounds like some germs, and it makes me wanna go for some toilet cleaner, yikes!

@danae_luna: welcome to the world of YAB^^

Issy

Post by Issy » Apr 28th, '10, 22:58

On the pic I posted above with straps, Jeremy became Germi. Sounds like some germs, and it makes me wanna go for some toilet cleaner, yikes!
:lol :lol :lol , i did not notice this. soooo funny. poor Jeremy

as for Uee, i have to agree with TK on naming her fake fairy :mrgreen: i just can't see where the national fairy name came from. i could not see anything remarkable about her. if you want to show someone worthy for this name, atleast bring someone that fits the description. i guess her only beauty was her body and hight and i hated her choice of clothing just to highlight this.

geeez, i'm a bit b****y tonight :blink

FrEEwilL

Post by FrEEwilL » Apr 29th, '10, 04:36

actually Germi(*) is the right one according to original script.
i have no idea why they chose Germi (an italian name, afaik) considering he play a korean british.

(*) its korean spelling is 제르미 [je-r-mi] while Jeremy is 제레미 [je-re-mi].

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Apr 29th, '10, 04:48

제르미: is Je reu mi actually, with half mute second mora (like Japanese u or i in some instances).
I was talking about what we were used to, and now... Even in Latin transcription it was written Jeremy. So Germi struck me at once.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 11th, '10, 13:11

FrEEwilL wrote:actually Germi(*) is the right one according to original script.
i have no idea why they chose Germi (an italian name, afaik) considering he play a korean british.

(*) its korean spelling is 제르미 [je-r-mi] while Jeremy is 제레미 [je-re-mi].
The translation of the name Jeremy to Italian is Geremia , not Germi , there's no such a name in Italy.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 11th, '10, 15:53

Ok ok. No need to get crazy. Whatever his name is, he's CUUUUTE :wub:

And danae_luna, the blouses and eyeliner are a sad story indeed. XD Good in the capacity of the show, bad when they leave the show with the actor. Or actually, he leaves with them.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 11th, '10, 20:08

danae_luna wrote: I am an addict of the Hana Yori Dango story, but I really think this one may even be better. What can I say???
You can start with repenting.
:whistling:
If not, I will prepare my whips and we'll talk differently. :twisted:

And Orion is right. Sukkie forgot he's no longer on the film plan... poor girl...

Issy

Post by Issy » May 11th, '10, 22:40

Ethlenn wrote:
danae_luna wrote: I am an addict of the Hana Yori Dango story, but I really think this one may even be better. What can I say???
You can start with repenting.
:whistling:
If not, I will prepare my whips and we'll talk differently. :twisted:

And Orion is right. Sukkie forgot he's no longer on the film plan... poor girl...
calm down dear. no harm done to our baby Jun. :mrgreen:
i love YAB alot too but HYD is just something different. no drama (in the same genre ) can compete with it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 12th, '10, 10:20

Amen to that.

I'm calm. Usually... :D

damarikomu

Post by damarikomu » May 14th, '10, 21:32

Just started watching this show and I saw the first 4 episodes. I love it so far! it's so goofy and a funny story so far...

I'm in love with Jeremy XDDDD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 14th, '10, 22:59

Jeremy is the best character in it indeed.
So cute^^

skylarkoko

Post by skylarkoko » Jun 7th, '10, 05:21

OMGGG THIS DRAMA IS SOOOO GOOD :D :D :lol :lol :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

elevensundays

Help! :s

Post by elevensundays » Jun 12th, '10, 10:26

Hi everyone, could someone out there help me out here? I'd like to find somewhere where I can download the You're Beautiful Drama (korean with english subtitles) and it can be opened with iTunes cause I want to sync it into my iTouch. Can someone please help? I've been trying to find it for a REALLY long time :( Those that I found on the Internet are all in other formats that I can't open. HELP! Thank you very much! :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '10, 12:40

Well, I got it from the jdramas livejournal, but I have no idea about iTunes, Touch, Pod or any of that what file form does it need to be? Do you know anything about video re-encoding? There are a lot of programs one can use to change file form. I used it with YAB too, but to make them into wmv my Xbox360 could read. It does take about 1-2 hours per episode, but it's worth it.

If you have a friend who knows about such things, you can ask them if they have time to re-encode the episodes for you. Otherwise, I don't know of a solution. Sorry. :-(

elevensundays

Thanks! :)

Post by elevensundays » Jun 12th, '10, 12:43

Thank you so much for suggesting! I'll try to figure something out? (I hope!) Thanks for being so helpful! :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jun 12th, '10, 20:47

No problem. Sorry I couldn't help out more. :-)

starrygal91

Post by starrygal91 » Jul 4th, '10, 08:23

hellos all :D
anyone knows where to get the full ripped you're beautiful director's cut DVD??

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 4th, '10, 10:35

Can't help with that one since I bought it myself. Sowwy. :-(

starrygal91

Post by starrygal91 » Jul 4th, '10, 11:31

iic.
ahhh but my daddy dont allow me to buy the DVD set cause he say its too expensive and i dont have a credit card so i cant make online purchases myself. :(
hope someone will be nice enough to ripped and post a full version of the dvd~

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 4th, '10, 12:07

I'd do it myself, but I don't have the equipment or fast connection needed. Ask around though cause someone might have already done it. But it might be so that it's in korean or japanese language sites or forums.

starrygal91

Post by starrygal91 » Jul 4th, '10, 13:07

ahhh iic.
hmm but im not sure of which korean/jap website to search for it in

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 4th, '10, 13:24

There are batches on different Korea websites, but I'm too lazy to check if they are DC, sorry... just type in Korean: title +directors cut+torrent. If they are already, something will pop up.

starrygal91

Post by starrygal91 » Jul 4th, '10, 14:02

tried but still cant find it :(
im still rather weak in korean.

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Jul 4th, '10, 15:48

Is there any hardsubbed version of this drama? possibly .avi or divx that my ps3 can read?

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 6th, '10, 06:37

Hahaha, this drama is totally a favorite. Yup, yuppers! ehehehehe. Jeremy is adorable!!!! I loved it when he went, "Jolie!" but it always comes out as "Cholieeee," hahahahahaha one of the most adorable characters to date!

I haven't watched HYD, hahahahaha don't hit me Ate Ethlenn!!!!!! I'm downloading it and will be able to watch it soon.... I'm doing this so that I can pass the test! Nyahahahaha :)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '10, 07:11

It won't be the test on J-dramas though, I've seen maybe 20, 30 of them. Issy could do that, hehe...

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 6th, '10, 07:43

Oh no.

Then it would be a quiz on Kdramas???? But... the only ones I've ever watched were....

BOF
YAB
Personal Taste
Full House
My Sassy Girl Chun Hyang

Is that it?

OWH MY GOSH THAT'S ALL!

:'( I'm gonna fail. :(

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '10, 08:02

It will be on those who are well known, I won't include the ones I like cause I'm pretty sure none of you have seen them, aigoo....
Don't worry, dear.

PS. How are you today?

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 6th, '10, 08:20

I only know five. Hahaha, so hopefully I'd get to answer five correctly.

I'm trying not to let it get to me... Being busy and talking, and laughing about nonsensical stuff is helping. I guess in a way I'm just thankful that everyone is safe, at the very least.

I'm waiting for an attack. Hahahaha, you never know it just might come out of the blue. Hahaha, I'm weird like that. I just hope it doesn't though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 6th, '10, 08:45

Aww, poor baby, let me
Hope you'll be strong!

janajee

Post by janajee » Jul 6th, '10, 08:53

Hahaha, as much as I don't like kitties, it's adorable. They're adorable. Thanks. You guys are the best! hahahaha

Sarah Sama

Post by Sarah Sama » Jul 20th, '10, 02:05

hi there ^^

i watched YB i totally loved it

and my sister is currently watching it ..she totally fall for it lol

yesterday when we were watching ep 10 in go mi nam legend final part about the mother thingy, there was a song its really an epic !! i dont know what its name but i assumed that maybe its famous or classic korean song

so anybody have a clue about it ? please help i want it so baaad xD

it appears in 5:53

plinta

Post by plinta » Aug 1st, '10, 10:03

have you checked - you are beautiful soundtrack
its on this website
maybe the song is there

my internet istoo slow right about now
but im wondering if its the............. o to ka jo song (what should i do ....)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 1st, '10, 19:12

Wish I could help, but I can't. Maybe if you could find someone who knows korean and could look up the lyrics or something.

I got another 2 friends to watch YAB as well. I personally dread watching it again after all this Jang Keun Suk mess, but I do miss the series. Really love it.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 2nd, '10, 00:35

Focus on Yong Hwa instead. Or Hong Ki, I managed to rewatch the drama in March just for those two.
From that time, our paths just separated. I was aiming for the stars, Keunsuk started to shine like one.

Plus: that song is definitely not Ottokajo. I'm just lazy too look up for it, mianhae...

Sarah Sama

Post by Sarah Sama » Aug 3rd, '10, 22:42

plinta wrote:have you checked - you are beautiful soundtrack
its on this website
maybe the song is there

my internet istoo slow right about now
but im wondering if its the............. o to ka jo song (what should i do ....)
yeah i have all the osts and this song wasnt included .. cuz its just a side folk song XD

no its not.. i really love What Should I Do btw <3
Orion1986 wrote:Wish I could help, but I can't. Maybe if you could find someone who knows korean and could look up the lyrics or something.

I got another 2 friends to watch YAB as well. I personally dread watching it again after all this Jang Keun Suk mess, but I do miss the series. Really love it.
too bad i dont know any korean in person!! tho in twitter i have lee hong ki on my list but like hell he will response to me XD

this drama have some sort of magic!! i could not get bored of it every time i rewatched it i fell in love with it more and more .. well i'm a big fan of Jang Geun Suk but i love shin woo and jearmy as well they're adorable~ ~

thanks anyway guys for trying to help me :-)

alchocoholic

Post by alchocoholic » Aug 13th, '10, 09:35

Hey peeps :)

Was wondering if any of you can help me out. I was planning on getting the Director's Cut DVD set from yesasia but I would like to know if there are deleted scenes/extra footage in the episodes before I buy it? Or are the episodes the ones that aired on TV?

The set I'm talking about is this one: http://www.yesasia.com/global/youre-bea ... /info.html

I hope anyone who bought this particular set can help me! Thanks in advance!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Aug 13th, '10, 22:30

I can't tell you for sure since I got the pre-ordered one from innolife (the one with the most stuff), but I think yours might have the deleted scenes as well. I'm not sure though.

Go to this blog and send an e-mail to them. Maybe they'll know if your version has them or not. Cause it seems identical to the one I have, save for the cover.

Personally, I don't think the deleted scenes were only for the pre-ordered ones, but I don't know that for a fact so I don't want to mislead you. Make sure before you buy it.

There's also this edition. It says limited so this might have extra stuff? I have no idea. The contents seem to be the same. Wish I could help more, but since I bought mine, I haven't been well informed on other versions out there.

Hope you do find the best one out there. It's money well spent. Very nice package with lots of goodies, even if the extras and commentary don't have english subs. At least they subbed the series for us though.

emeralda

Post by emeralda » Aug 18th, '10, 08:25

i wonder if all you're beautiful actor and actress can act on HANAKIMI korean version..
waah, if my dream can be true, i will go crazy right now..
im referring to japanese version..
- Sano - of course hwang tae kyung will take this role.. if you cannot do high jump, u can just use the stunt man right?
- Ashiya - Go Mi Nam - the face quit similar to ashiya.. so cute~~~
- Nakatsu - I wonder who will become better Nakatsu - Jeremy or Shin Woo.. Can Shin Woo be crazy like nakatsu?? Jeremy is not mature enough to take this role, i think~~~
- Nanba Senpai - I have decided, Shin Woo will play as Nanba... So, Jeremy will play Nakatsu..
PERFECT~~~
What do you all think... this is my imagination coz right now im really crazy about YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL(I have been replay the series every night for almost 3 months now~~~)...
reminds me my craziness towards HANAKIMI back then...
LOL~~~

lau321

You're Beautiful ep?

Post by lau321 » Sep 20th, '10, 04:44

Can someone tell me from which episode of You're beautiful is this picture? :s

http://img.youtube.com/vi/yAPlpVJj3dM/0.jpg

Thank you very much!

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Sep 20th, '10, 12:48

Episode 5. I recognized the scene right away, but it took me a few minutes to figure out which episode it was :)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 12:54

But your post will be moved to the YAB thread, I guess. You should have asked there instead of making a new topic.

lau321

Post by lau321 » Sep 20th, '10, 18:23

and sorry, i didn't know :s

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Sep 20th, '10, 18:31

You didn't know?? :crazy:

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Sep 20th, '10, 19:02

A simple search on google or even here could have shown you the page. I get it when a site is difficult to navigate, but D-Addicts really isn't.

Still, if one hasn't been using the internet and participating in forums for a while, it can be a bit daunting. Just read and follow the rules from now on.

bellaital

You're Beautiful

Post by bellaital » Dec 13th, '10, 17:54

Hey Guys!!!

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where i can find the soundtrack for this kdrama???.

Thanks for your help!!!!

-Bella ^^[/u]

dreamysleeper

Post by dreamysleeper » Dec 28th, '10, 22:41

To me, this has got to be the best drama I've ever watched. Not only was it my first one, but I loved everything about it. The actors were pretty damn great, (Especially Jang Geun Suk. That guy has an amazing acting talent, srsly.), the plot kept me entertained every second, & the music was terrific :) I was hooked already on the first episode.

I wish it would've gotten higher ratings though D: It's worth it.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jul 13th, '11, 14:39

Tae Kyung his hair... and the eyeliner... Why? WHY?
He could be so cute if he would get a nice haircut and would wear zero make-up. (':

It's the only thing that currently bothers me in this drama. But yeah... I'm only at the second episode. :-)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '11, 14:53

@Jazzapple, you will not want to see what the actor looks like now then... If Tae Kyung is too much for you, you'd have a stroke if you saw that. XD

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jul 13th, '11, 17:12

Hair like this makes him hot.

And this... This is just... pretty bad?
But still better than the awful haircut he has in the drama.
I'm totally repulsed by it, just because of the haircut I don't want him and Go Mi Nam ending up together. :crazy:

Yeah, I know. I should be ashamed. (':

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 13th, '11, 17:26

You shouldn't. Why you should force yourself to like what 1 million people like? *shrugs*
If YOU think it's bad, it's bad. Simple as it is. Some find it hot, I find it (*frantically looking for a moderate word...*)...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 13th, '11, 17:49

Oh yes. Don't force yourself. Trust us. We tried to be understanding of his public image for quite a while and failed.
You should see some even more recent ones... Just stick to his older works and never ever google him again. XD

That was my one mistake. Now I can't even watch his older works which I like. Immersion has gone out the window.

But YAB is a lovely show so I think you're gonna enjoy it. It's funny, light. All the goodies of a rom-com and everything.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Jul 14th, '11, 00:02

That was the first K-drama I watched. I thought it was fun and sweet.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 14th, '11, 00:16

Same here. First kdrama ever. Liked it very much. I wish I can watch it again soon.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Jul 14th, '11, 01:20

Too many dramas I want to watch now before I can watch that again :)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jul 14th, '11, 03:12

II discovered JGS for the first time in "DOREMEFA.."and liked him , I thought he has skills , then I watched all his movies and liked him more until "You're beautiful" !
I don't remember the whole drama but I remember that I didnt like it maybe because I saw "Coffee prince" first !
And thinking about it ,I hate more and more YAB , for the simple reason , it was the grow for his ego and beginning of his transsexualism !
I'm sorry JGS but I'm straight !
@Jazzapple I second what Ori said :'Just stick to his older works and never ever google him again'
P's "No offence to the fans it's just my oppinion !and everyone to his taste afterall!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 14th, '11, 03:52

Just to clear some confusion for Jazzapple, it's not just his style that has worsened. It's the fact that he purposely uses his works to promote his public image that was the end for me.
Meaning, he does not change his looks, behavior, acting to fit the character. He is acting like his public self. Letting his wish to promote himself seep into his works and his characters.

Now, I could handle his weird fashion and even behavior if it were natural (although no matter what your kicks, keep them in your private life), but he actually chose this to gain fame.
So, abusing your works, ignoring the needs of the production, role and other actors to promote your own Diva image, that one I don't forgive. So don't Google him. It will ruin YAB for you.

Both aesthetically and because of his unprofessional shenanigans and behavior. Like Sham said, no offense, but this is how I feel and I have the right to express it as much as I please.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jul 14th, '11, 11:38

So he's like the Korean Lindsay Lohan (just without the rehab)? :lol

Meh, I still don't like him in the drama. Normally I really feel sympathy for the not-so-likeable-characters-who-end-up-to-be-likeable-and-sweet-and-all-that-jazz, but him; no. It's not a exception, though. I also didn't like Gu Jun Pyo and desperately wanted Jan Di to end up with Yoon Ji Hoo (although I knew that wouldn't happen, because I had seen Hana Yori Dango before BOF - and there I wanted Domyouji to end up with Tsukushi, zomg).

I guess it sometimes happens... You just dislike a character from the beginning and keep disliking him, although he turns out to be really sweet, nice and caring.

But I really, really, like Kang Shin Woo. I find it quite interesting that he isn't confused by his feelings for Go Mi Nam. Interesting... :whistling:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 13:32

Oh gods, somehow I see two more people here getting stoned really soon, :twisted:

This drama had funny secondary characters - managers, agents... and Jeremy, mehe.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 14th, '11, 14:24

Jazzapple wrote: But I really, really, like Kang Shin Woo. I find it quite interesting that he isn't confused by his feelings for Go Mi Nam. Interesting... :whistling:
hehe you're not the only one. I liked Kang Shin Woo from the first episode ^^; IMO he was the best looking guy in the group. His sweetness also made him the most attractive too. Although he was sweet in a kind of stalkerish way. Only thing I didn't like was he was too slow and trying to hard to be romantic. He should have just told her he liked her from the get go and we wouldn't have all this issue.

The tables have turned in "you've fallen for me" though. It's the other way around now :) Let her do the chasing for once.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 14th, '11, 15:39

YAB is one of these dramas, which are silly, unpolished and simply lacking (a bad story, mediocre actors etc.), but still likable. Well im not sure if its the actors faul. I think its more the directors fault. For example PSH. She is cute and i like her, but come on who in the world would believe, that its a man? Its not just bacause she is very feminine, but her character is also very girlish. Come on, she pouts 90% of the screentime and in the last 10% she cries. I don't think the actor would act like that, if the director wouldn't say "and now pout plz". Yoon Eun Hye in Coffe Prince is far more convincing and it's more or less believable, that it's just a girlish boy.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jul 14th, '11, 19:34

I'm currently at episode 5 (I'm being slow (': ), and I'm really disappointed that Kang Shin Woo already knows (or that impression I get) that Go Mi Nam is a girl.
It makes everything less interesting and funny. :-(

And that crazy **** also knows it. Bleh. Luckily Jeremy doesn't know it yet. And I hope he'll only discover it in one of the last episodes, because I really like the gay/confusion parts in dramas like this. :lol

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 14th, '11, 21:19

Jazzapple wrote:I'm currently at episode 5 (I'm being slow (': ), and I'm really disappointed that Kang Shin Woo already knows (or that impression I get) that Go Mi Nam is a girl.
Well, Shin Woo is suppose to be pretty smart and observant. Tae Kyung is just in his own little world all about himself. I don't think he would notice anything unless it hit him in the face. Jeremy, well, he's just slow.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 14th, '11, 21:51

Well, some level of "idiocy" is to be expected from characters in gender bender dramas as they have to believe the person is of that sex and all, but it is a bit too obvious in YAB.
I mean, if I met Go Eun Chan from Coffee Prince, I'd see a girly young man. Who loves and takes care of his family. Hell, I'd probably get a crush on her if I didn't know her gender! :lol

But with Mi Nyu, you just have to accept that everyone thinks she's a guy. I would have liked more effort from makers and actress on that, but what can you do. Just accept it. XD

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 14th, '11, 21:55

Well, change of the dress worked in Sailor Moon, why not here?