Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Why do women put up with that?

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Baruch Menachem

Why do women put up with that?

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 22nd, '09, 20:20

I am watching a really good (for me) Kdrama "Oh! Phil Seung And Bong Soon Young" and I am wondering why the women in most drama's put up with stupidity and jerkiness that is way beyond the pale. Over and over again Yoon has done things to Soon Young that had had me yelling at the screen "Knees to the nads, Girl! That is why a girl has knees for in the first place!" instead, she hugs him!

Of course, what Phil Seung does to his secretary is only marginally not so bad. Is there another guy on the planet quite so oblivious and blind?

Speaking as a guy, guys really don't like doormats. One of the reasons Phil Seung liked Soon Young in the first place was that even when she knew who he was, she still stood up to him and was honest. Something she won't do to Yoon. Who treats her like something he stepped in. And I don't believe he actually even likes her, but he just wants to do one more bad thing to Phil Seung.

This isn't just a Korean thing BTW. I see the same kind of thing, but not to the same degree here in the states. Why do people consistently choose the worse possible option in love?

tkah

Post by tkah » Jul 22nd, '09, 20:35

LOL I thought the same thing. Good Drama... I think they need to come up with some new drama structures. There are so many that are the same, where the woman gets walked all over until the last episode. It was refreshing to watch My Name is Kim Sam Soon as she was such a strong character compared to most Kdramas.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 22nd, '09, 20:44

Yoon's record at the company is such that I wonder why he had a job at all. First episode he was trying to exercise droit de seignor on the sales staff, he was consistently late and drunk when he did bother to show up, and his record at West Market was pathetic. Of course, he had no problem firing the 150 folks who did their jobs well, but keeping his own corner office. Phil Seung put in 14 hour days and improved revenues 3% in six weeks. And Yoon wants him dumped. (I am up to the episode where he reveals the problem with Phil Seung's birth certificate. )

At the end of the series I want to see him alone, jobless, and living under a "You will never have a job in Korea again" order from Grandma

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 22nd, '09, 20:46

Because when it comes to love people are often idiots. It's the reason abused people stay with their abusers.
People are never logical when it comes to their emotions.

DreamAngel0802

Post by DreamAngel0802 » Jul 22nd, '09, 21:09

I agree with Puppet Princess. I didn't really think of things like that.. Why people take the "wrong options" when it comes to love. But my friend is "in love." And well lets put it like this; the saying love makes blind makes a lot of sense.. ^^"

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 23rd, '09, 03:56

Just got to episode 14. She turned him down. All Right! In your face Yoon!

(I like his dad, BTW)

And it looks like Yoon really should get a job he is more qualified for.... Like schlepper in the fish market They are loosing suppliers. that is beyond incompetence.

Baruch Menachem

Post by Baruch Menachem » Jul 31st, '09, 01:42

I am even more annoyed now than I was before with the women in these dramas.

I just finished Sweet Spy. What was she thinking? The boss was cuter, spoke Korean and was just plain nicer. She still preferred the jerk! Why did she go to bed with him only after having his perfidy spelled out to her in graphic pictures!

interesting about the cynicism level in these dramas. Especially City Haul and Sweet Spy. The Parks got off with almost total victory. The guy just got beat up by his wife. Big deal.