Dramas you just couldn't finish

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » May 18th, '12, 11:20

moadeep wrote:
Archaenon wrote:Marry Me, Marry
It's flat out horrible, everything from the writing to the acting. I got about 5 episodes in and just deleted it from my computer.
You got through 5 episodes? Impressive! I couldn't finish the first.
I tried to get through it, some of my fav dramas the first few episodes lack, so I was hoping this was the same.

Sadly that drama is now in my top 10 horrible dramas last. I'm waiting for something to unseat QUIZ SHOW II (jp) as #1.

Serienjunkie

Post by Serienjunkie » May 22nd, '12, 14:42

Actually, i wished i had not finished Fashion King. Worst ending ever. :crazy:

I really wanted to end this by Ep13. My bad.

:glare:

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » May 24th, '12, 12:18

Marry Me, Mary.
It was funny and sweet at the start but I gave up when things turned so dramatic. Should have never started it with that kind of plot.

Paradise Ranch
Changmin's so fine but I can't understand why they divorced in the first place.

Pasta
Worst use of supporting actors. Uggghh. I thought the other girl was going to do something to take back the lead guy but sadly, the whole show just revolved around the 2 leads.

Tamaki

Post by Tamaki » May 24th, '12, 12:50

lenrasoon wrote:
tsurashi313 wrote:Witch Yoo Hee - I watched this drama because of Jae Hee but the story seemed to get a little "ehh" by the 7th episode.
i totally agree with this, that drama started quite nice but i couldn't finish either although i think i lasted longer than 7 episodes lol than i finally realized that if you sleep more than once during an episode is better to quit it all together XD

I actually watched Yoo Hee all the way when it aired, it was my first K Drama, but here recently I tried to rewatch it and was just not feeling it... 1 Mom 3 Dads lost interest for me, Dream High .. I just couldn't get into not sure why.

The only drama that I watched and hated and felt I lost precious hours of my life never to get them back was the J Drama of Honey and Clover...

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » May 25th, '12, 19:42

fashion king for me i cant stand all actors in this drama annoying and the ending wtf :)

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jun 3rd, '12, 10:27

A lot of people complain about the ending of Fashion King, so i thought, that i have to see that one, so i skipped through the last episode(since i don't care for the drama i also don't care for spoilers). And really what a f'''d up ending indeed...good, that i didn't watch it.

We all know, that some dramas you can't finish, because they are really bad and/or boring.
But i have sometimes problems to finish or even start a drama, because it's good(for me). It's like the 3 eating habits of humans. There is eater type 1, who eats the "bad" things first and the good thing as last. Type 2 eats the good thing first and then the less tasty food. The 3rd type alternates between the good and "bad" food on the plate. I'm type 1 for dramas and i postpone some dramas i really anticipated for a long time so long, that i'm ending not watching them at all. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes. Am I the only one here, who can't end his FAVORITE dramas?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 24th, '13, 14:29

I can't seem to finish Baby Face Beauty... I only have a few more episodes to go and its been almost a year since I watched it.. It just doesn't have any raw emotional love rival type stuff that I like so...

I started Gentleman's Dignity and after watching 1/2 of the second episode... I can't do it... at least not anytime soon. There are too many couples and different scenes to follow. Its a bit of a circus to me so I think I will give that one up.

I still have Love Rain but I think that JGS is out of character in the drama. The love rival isn't intense enough and Im Yoon Ah's acting is so BLAH! She is too stiff... I don't think I can bear to see my JGS in such a mismatched role.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Sep 24th, '13, 20:28

Baby Face Beauty - I really like the story and I'm fond of Jang Na Ra, but somewhat I can't go to episode 2/3.
The Painter of The Wind - I think I was at episode 4 or 6 when I stopped watching it, ahhhh, I need to gain strenght to finish this one someday.
Gu Family Book - I still didn't watch the final episode, weird isn't it? I think the story lost it sparks near the end of the series, but I need to finish it someday as well.

There are others who I saw lots of episodes, then skipped a lot and then just watched the ending episode, like Chuno, Protect the Boss, Boys Over Flowers...
I think about Chuno, is because it was my first sageuk drama, I loved it, but I was too unfamiliar with it, so it was a quite a pain to watch something I didn't know about, but since I've grown a lot in terms of historical stuff from Korea (thanks sageuks and taehas!), I also need to check the missing episodes.
Protect the Boss and Boys Over Flowers are both good, but I think I did end forgetting about those and when I remenbered I only watched the final ep. I need to have a final and proper watch on those 2 as well.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 25th, '13, 19:06

kathia_sophia wrote: The Painter of The Wind - I think I was at episode 4 or 6 when I stopped watching it, ahhhh, I need to gain strenght to finish this one someday.

There are others who I saw lots of episodes, then skipped a lot and then just watched the ending episode, like Chuno, Protect the Boss, Boys Over Flowers...
I think about Chuno, is because it was my first sageuk drama, I loved it, but I was too unfamiliar with it, so it was a quite a pain to watch something I didn't know about, but since I've grown a lot in terms of historical stuff from Korea (thanks sageuks and taehas!), I also need to check the missing episodes.
I agree with these two. POTW was a struggle to finish but I managed to skip parts and get to the end. Chuno was okay but not as good as I hoped for at the time I believe I skipped parts just to finish it too.

Daskameen

Post by Daskameen » Sep 25th, '13, 20:43

Big ! believe it or not, i couldn't finish big. i heard bad reviews about the ending, and couldn't go forward just stopped at 8th episode and called it off...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Sep 25th, '13, 22:27

I didn't finish BIG either... I thought it was just me.

I just realize that I haven't finished Que Sera Sera and Sorry, I Love You. Actually I know why I didn't finish Sorry I Love You because
The main character only has 3 months to live and there was too much vulgar language in it for me to stand
but that was a few years ago... I might be able to watch it now but I don't have interest so..

Que Sera Sera I think
the main characters got together too soon. It should have been more rival for longer time
but I do plan on watching it to the end even if I have to skip some parts.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Sep 26th, '13, 07:29

Ohh I forgot, there's other drama that I didn't finish: Monstar.
I truly like the storyline, music, etc...and I understand why people like it but I guess I'm losing interest with High School dramas with time because I'm growing old, well I'm in my 20s, but it seems that growing older every year, changed my interest on another fields, I used to enjoy non-stop school related dramas, now I can't even finish them, I was hesitant to pick Monstar at first.

ZeldAx

Post by ZeldAx » Sep 26th, '13, 11:12

snow white, too long

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Oct 5th, '13, 22:37

Serienjunkie wrote:Actually, i wished i had not finished Fashion King. Worst ending ever. :crazy:

I really wanted to end this by Ep13. My bad.

:glare:
Wish I read some of these comments before starting and finishing Fashion King. The story was on ongoing downer and played same each episode. I've seen some pretty awful dramas and this one thus far is among my top 2. :thumbdown: :stress: This is a show to stop after the first episode and my brain should have realized it by ep 3 in slow mode. I must have been in brainless dummy mode to make it through 20 episodes. Well, I was drinking through most of it but that still didn't soften the ending. :pale:

Now that I know this thread is here, I'll go back and check for older dramas on the potential watch list.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Oct 6th, '13, 16:12

Fashion King, I didn't saw that one. Is the ending really that bad? Can someone tell me about it? I'm really curious right now, but better use the spoiler tag because of other members here.

darkw1zard

Post by darkw1zard » Oct 6th, '13, 18:16

kathia_sophia wrote:Fashion King, I didn't saw that one. Is the ending really that bad? Can someone tell me about it? I'm really curious right now, but better use the spoiler tag because of other members here.
Blessed & saved are you.. Dont waste time on FKing.
Its not just the final, it was bad right from the start.
No, I couldnt get past ep3. So many better dramas out there.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Oct 6th, '13, 21:47

The female character cried multiple times in each episode. It is heartache and her character is so 50-50. My wife would comment how can a female be that stupid and unfeeling towrds her actions involving the two men. That was why she was crying in the first place. :doh:

Character development of this story comes from reading between what is happening but it leaves to much imagination for the viewer to have a factual basis of the development There were enough instances through the series that one had to assume the prior history by what was involved with others. I wondered how the rich father would entrust such decisions to the son who has constantly demonstrated failure time and again. Especially to be so easily maneuvered into being such an easy mark.

The other male character was from a poor and rough working background. He succeeded well. He'd shown forethought into planning his rise that in the end it was a contrived way to cut it. To constantly beat on the rich family was another tiresome playout. The rich son had told him he's trash and he'd continue to be trash. So yeah, he's going to make the rich family his target for retribution.

Summary and ending:
The poor character Kang Young-gul worked hard and didn't find happiness. The rich character Jung Jae-hyuk failed in business but got the girl through deceit. Each character here was manipulated and that ongoing premise just wears thin.

Young-gul is shot while drunk in the wading pool of his luxo NY apartment. (Having milked the rich family one last time for $150 million/150 billion won) To add shock to viewers, he's talking with the girl he loved at the same time he's killed. Gun fire is heard on her end but she keeps talking as if nothing happens.

lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs » Oct 29th, '13, 00:00

Autumn Tale. Just something about the first mother in the series got to me when the show moved to the present(well for when it aired). I so wanted to love the show so I tried sticking with it a couple more episodes but it just wasn't doing it for me, even if the area it was shot in was very beautiful.

Gierma

Post by Gierma » Nov 19th, '13, 20:01

Hmm...

I usually watch all Korean Dramas I get, even those that I don't find really interesting.I am always curious about the ending. Of course I have to say that I might not actually watch them in the full sense of the word, I might just fast forward them, so they can easily get to the end.I consider myself to be,to put it nicely, very "lenient".

The ones I found difficult to watch even in fast forward were

Panda and Hedgehog
Color of Woman
Bad Couple-from the ninth episode onwards

From Japanese Dramas I actually didn't watch

Rookies- I just couldn't
Ushi ni Negai wo: Love & Farm- I just couldn't get over the cow birth scene in the beginning of every episode

I also HAVE to mention Hoshi no Kinka although I watched it- In the beginning it was sweet and kind of interesting, but when they put Sakai Noriko helping in surgery, it completely lost me. She was deaf and mute. I guess I could not comprehend how that actually worked while in surgery since everyone wore masks :blink Also I think she casted bad luck to the people around her... ah how...romantic... :goggle: Well anyway :-)
Last edited by Gierma on Nov 20th, '13, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

kliesen11

Post by kliesen11 » Nov 19th, '13, 20:30

Athena: Goddess of War

alexk777

Post by alexk777 » Dec 7th, '13, 00:20

I could not finish any drama which has lead actor / actress lack charm and acting ability or boring story and repeat plots ( forced)

1. FULL HOUSE
2. GUMIHO
3. Delightful Girl
4. My princess
5. Brain
6. All In
7. Kim samsoon
8. Stairway heaven
9. Shining inheritance
10. Boys over flowers
11.gentleman destiny

..many many started 3 episode and stopped because there was nothing new for me to watch them

toenail

Post by toenail » Jan 6th, '14, 11:34

alexk777 wrote:I could not finish any drama...... (list)
That's a long list full of dramas that many people like!
Are you sure you should be watching k-dramas? :P

I can't finish King2Hearts even though I usually like Lee Seung Gi. Shoot me, but Ha Ji Won isn't my favourite. LIked her in the Duelist, but couldn't really enjoy in anything else.

Baby Faced Beauty, can't even started even though I have the episodes lined up ready to watch. Same as New Tales of Gisaeng, Get Karl Oh So Jong (or something like that), The Master's Sun, and Pretty Man. Maybe I'll try Pretty Man again when I am out of things to watch.

hackertaz

Post by hackertaz » Mar 28th, '14, 17:41

The Heirs

Download is a bit slower than usual....

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 11th, '14, 13:34

Boys over Flowers - was one of the most boring and crappiest drama ever. I don't get why it is so popular. I just found it annoying and boring. After a few episodes I gave up. (even fashion king is better than this crap)

When a Man is in Love - Oh god, After watching 4 episodes I still couldn't understand what the heck is going on on and WHY so I gave up. Nothing made any sense and I really hate the lead actress. The stupidest drama ever aired.

khadijah1112

Post by khadijah1112 » Jul 15th, '14, 16:58

boys over flowers because it just wasn't the type of show i wanted to watch. lee min ho is my favorite Korean actor and he was great in it. i just did not like the plot of the story. :-(
Attachments
lee min ho is still the best though
lee min ho is still the best though
lee min ho 4.jpg (6.25 KiB) Viewed 12347 times

mjf

Post by mjf » Jul 19th, '14, 20:48

Romance town, boring, boring and boring.

Everlasting

Post by Everlasting » Aug 14th, '14, 20:38

Heirs: I watched this drama until ep 9 but I found this drama boring so I stopped watching it, instead it was my little sis' first drama she watched (she's 12), she began to love asian dramas when she started this drama ^^

My Dear Cat: Boring... I watched 3 episodes but then it wasn't the type of show that I like plus this drama is very slow since it's a daily drama (100 ep I think)

diediebydie

Post by diediebydie » Oct 29th, '14, 14:44

infinity challenge

tboune

Re: Dramas you just couldn't finish

Post by tboune » Jul 28th, '18, 21:41

Ironically two of my favorite dramas. I lost interest the first time I watched them. The first two episodes are packed w facts important to the story. QUEEN SEONDEOK and CITY HUNTER.

tboune

Re:

Post by tboune » Jul 28th, '18, 21:45

maakopla wrote:Boys over Flowers - was one of the most boring and crappiest drama ever. I don't get why it is so popular. I just found it annoying and boring. After a few episodes I gave up. (even fashion king is better than this crap)

When a Man is in Love - Oh god, After watching 4 episodes I still couldn't understand what the heck is going on on and WHY so I gave up. Nothing made any sense and I really hate the lead actress. The stupidest drama ever aired.
When a man loves is one of my favorite. But I did not like the lead actress.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Sep 3rd, '18, 02:37

The Undateables- Hoon Nam and Jung Eum.

Just getting past the half way point the show went into a landslide. Was a light-cute "romantic-comedy". The second half, turned into what one may expect from a romance semi-melodrama striking the comedy side out. Also increased with filler material that dragged each episode down more. Every time the couple's romance song came up it was a queue that here is where they pad and can fast forward. Was wondering what happened so looked at the ratings and yup...that was exactly where other viewers lost interest in the show. Skipped to the 31'st episode but by then we'd already been beaten so into the circular file of delete. Was to many episodes to run 32/16, the story wasn't good enough to stretch that long.

Romance By Luck and She Was Pretty were entertaining.
Nam Goong Min's dramas have been pretty good.

It happens.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Jan 20th, '19, 04:50

Tale of Gyeryong Fairy is one I wish we'd moved on from much earlier. Went to the end and realized that at ep 5 or so we should have called it quits. Extra characters that had minimal support for the story, loose ends that had us wondering why even have that character at all.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Apr 24th, '19, 05:23

Top Star U Back/Yoo Baek was another one we finished and wished we stopped midway when it began the decline. 11 episodes that ran at the 1.20 minutes/episode just made it to long. Another diffused story line. Moving onto 12 Days...

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Mar 21st, '22, 19:47

Been quite a spell that a drama really left us feeling this way, Uncle adds to my list. It is a well written story which just became a turnoff with the constant ongoing negative scenarios to overcome. Mean scheming people to cause problems for the lead characters...the moment some good comes out, there is a bad scenario to tear it down. At episode 9 we began skipping in 15 minute chunks to get through, by Ep 12 that was enough.
To have J King's character require a heart transplant when he is making it is the stab in the back for viewers.
By then to have endured this much we were was glad to have stopped watching. The wife commented that she wants an escape from daily real life scenarios not a enhanced variant to watch on TV. :crazy: :x