Don't care
13%

Total votes: 67

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Thousand Years of Love (SBS, 2003)

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 14th, '04, 20:02

I think about this drama all the time and I can’t help but grin just thinking about it. I am obsessed with this series and I need to talk to someone about it! I can’t believe how amazing this show is. It’s well written and acted perfectly! I gotta say it’s one of the best things in my life right now. :P Many thanks to Matts19 and Bludawn. :notworthy:

All three actors have perfect chemistry together. It has mystery, action, romance and its funny too…sigh…what more can I ask of a drama. I love watching In Chul and Tatsuji cruising everywhere just to find the princess. I’m gonna be really sad when it’s over. I hope it doesn’t end the way it ended in her past life. I have never seen anything so good. (ha ha...I say that with like half the drama I watch)

Anyways, I finally watched the 13th episode and it’s just killing me. :cry: It’s by far the most angsty and saddest ep yet. Since ep 12 didn’t have any previews, I wasn’t prepared for this kind of sadness. *sniff sniff* I loved ep 13 but I just hated how it made me so sad. Like in the preview for 14, why does she have to go to Kim Chun Choo’s place! Ahhhhh…He really needs to play a smaller role in this drama. I hope it’s not as bad as I think its gonna be. I hope the future eps won’t be too sad or else I just don’t think I could watch it. lol. :lol I am so sad that the princess left Fujiwara’s place and then saw In Chul with Eun Bee. *cries* I really really liked her with Tatsuji. I’m not looking forward to watching the 14th ep if she doesn’t go back to him. *bawls*

Actually, I can’t decide who I want the princess with. XD I really liked her with Ari when they were back in the old days but since things have changed in the future I would really like to see a romance between her and Tatsuji. The only thing I dislike about Tatsuji is that every time the princess rejects him he always goes to another girl and doesn’t try hard enough to get her back. *sighs* I was sooo filled with joy when Tatsuji proposed to her. Even though it was kinda soon, I just wished she would have said yes or something!

Anyhoo, I am going to add a poll because I am curious to know who you all want the princess to end up with. Kang In Chul, Tatsuji, undecided, or you just don’t care. :)

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Sep 14th, '04, 20:20

As they've been saying recently regarding to politics... Anybody but the ROOSTER!! :lol :lol :lol (Typically uses the word "Bush" instead but eh, details, details..)

I agree with what you said Kai Lien -- I liked Ari, but I hate Kang In Chul. Why did he have to turn into a such a fruity bastard??? Meanwhile, Tatsuji turned into a veritable Prince Charming! Not that I mind of course... he's the hotter one of the two anyway. :wink: This drama just makes it very easy for me to distinguish who I prefer -- because one plays a turd AND isn't hot at ALL in the present, but the other is "OMG, I-think-I'm-going-to-faint" hot AND perfect in every respect (as far as not being an arse goes..) Sometimes I'm stuck between deciding who I like better, if both happen to be hot and perfect in every way, but I almost immediately preferred Tatsuji to In Chul from the beginning (save the past... I liked Ari there ^_^).

missxmoody

Post by missxmoody » Sep 14th, '04, 20:38

from someone who has watched the ending, i won't ruin it for anyone, but i must say i didn't the ending.

i loved the series however, even with my blahy korean so yes like you said a big thanks to matt for subbing and bludawn for distrubiting the drama with english subs.

i rooted for kim namjin in 'Thousand Years of Love' and 'Prince's First Love'!! i just think he's so hott and yuri's so pretty, they belong together haha :D

Chiharu2003

Concerning who the princess should be with.

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 17th, '04, 00:42

One Comment.. She should be with In Chul cause they both liked each other.
It not his fault that he is poor and can't provide her a good living life style....
So all of you can kiss me ass..... Beside i think his hair is COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ang3lHart

Post by Ang3lHart » Sep 17th, '04, 00:52

I think Tatsuji should end up with her. They are so cute together. SOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEE. In Chul is cute too but I don't think they're that great together.

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Sep 17th, '04, 00:59

Chiharu2003 wrote:One Comment.. She should be with In Chul cause they both liked each other.
It not his fault that he is poor and can't provide her a good living life style....
So all of you can kiss me ass..... Beside i think his hair is COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well that's the reason why Sung Yuri keeps going back to So Ji Sup -- because she still thinks of him as Ari. Nevermind the fact that he's an utter arse in the present now, and the fact that her reincarnated enemy has turned into a completely nice guy... I don't care about the fact that So Ji Sup is poor -- I end up rooting for the poor but nice guy 99% of the time anyway... just that in this series, he's poor AND an arse... making him a no-no. Whatever happened in the past should stay in the past; Ari and In Chul are two separate entities.

Chiharu2003

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 17th, '04, 04:26

i understand what you are saying. but are you sure he is a nice guy?
The part where yuri say in chul will come back and get her. he say in chul wont. But In chul really did.. and so he lied to yuri wouldn't let yuri meet him by meeting in chul down stair. I understand that he loved her very much. but should that be the reason for trying to rape her? if it not for the butler i don't know what would happen to yuri... The reason why inchul got what people call messed up hair LoL. Because he is in the Fashion business got to look new and funky :D . i'm not backign Ichul up and i know how Tatsuji feel. it like one of savage garden song " I Knew I Love You Before I Meet You". i just don't like his personality. Btw I think he the guy who beat me in Starcraft :glare: ... ahahaa...

Touya
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Touya » Sep 17th, '04, 04:32

One of the worst dramas of the year. My opinion :x

Chiharu2003

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 17th, '04, 04:45

haiz... this drama is really good. it not the best, but it one of the top... But ofcorse people have different teste.. :)

kukuri
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kukuri » Sep 17th, '04, 05:35

Kim Nam Jin! :w00t:

Chiharu, I like your avatar a lot! :P

duckie

Post by duckie » Sep 17th, '04, 05:45

My vote goes to the cool guy. 8)

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 17th, '04, 23:09

Ang3lHart wrote:I think Tatsuji should end up with her. They are so cute together. SOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEE. In Chul is cute too but I don't think they're that great together.
I couldn't agree with you more!!! Too too too cute! :wub: And Chiharu2003, it's not that I don't like In Chul or anything. I like him a lot. Especially his hair, it's his best feature. :lol I was really sad that he got it cut. :-( It's just that he knows he likes the princess and he still keeps treating her badly because of his own selfish reasons. I enjoy watching In Chul and the princess in the eppys but when it really comes down to it, I just prefer Tatsuji more. I actually really wouldn't mind if In Chul got together with Eun Bee. :P Personally, I think the princess and Tatsuji love each other but she's just hinding her feelings because of Kim Yu Suk and the fact that Ari was her lover in the past.
Touya wrote:One of the worst dramas of the year. My opinion :x
Really? May I ask why? To me, its like the best drama ever. The only thing they could've improved on was making it longer :P , not making Kim chun choo have that big a part in the show, and ummm that's all I can think of right now. :P

Chiharu2003

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 18th, '04, 17:33

In Chul is a great guy. He care for her through the whole series. Tatsuji is a bad guy. He lie to her and really doubt her even tho he said he believe her. He even try to rape her if i recall correctly. In chul did lie to her and steal from her, but it because he's poor. He really want to give her back the necklace after he's attach to her, but didn't have a chance. In conclusion. I believe In Chul would be there for her everytime she's in bad situations. But i doubt Tasuji would. After hearing his "stepmother" said that the princess is a fake and the necklace is a fake, he believe her. In Chul is a good guy. Tatsuji is an attemp rapest and a liar. He look down on other becuz he's rich. Calling people trash and dirt.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Sep 18th, '04, 22:34

Kai Lien wrote:
Touya wrote:One of the worst dramas of the year. My opinion :x
Really? May I ask why? To me, its like the best drama ever. The only thing they could've improved on was making it longer :P , not making Kim chun choo have that big a part in the show, and ummm that's all I can think of right now. :P
I don't know about being worst drama of the year, but there was nothing special about the drama itself except for the charisma of the cast for me. I don't like In Chul or Tatsuji's character, but I'ved liked SJS since his earlier dramas, he's cool whereas KNJ is new, so I'm loyal to SJS. Thinking in terms of memorable scenes, lines..there aren't many I can think of.

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Sep 19th, '04, 07:59

How are you guys voting for Kang In Chul?!

That guy and his rooster hair is just horrible. First, he doesn't look good. In fact, he looks stupid. Second, he IS stupid. He acts like a complete @sshole to not only he Princess but to his friends also. Then he gets pissed off at Tatsuji always even though that guy is the only one treating her well. Kang In Chul has done NOTHING to deserve the Princess, and hes damn lucky that he has Ari's face. Ugh, I hate him so much.

Chiharu2003

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 20th, '04, 04:52

@ scyth3r. U ....., u hater. why hate on In Chul so call "stupidity". It is wrong to love or hate people just because they are stupid? U are so not understanding of other people situation. I got nothing else to say to you.. In the word of the princess, " Withdraw from my presence".

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 21st, '04, 09:07

I think some of you are way too superficial.

Kang In Chul is a cool guy, notwithstanding the mullet. :P

His qualities require some taste to appreciate.

Anyway, Sung Yuri should end up with M E. Where's the zdoon option on the poll? :D

krntmac

Post by krntmac » Sep 21st, '04, 10:07

she has to be wit in chul cuz he hasnt done nething really that bad
that necklace thing was a misunderstanding, he wanted to make a copy and he did
and you can tell he cares for her
and its so ji sup, that foo always get the girls in the things he is in

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Sep 21st, '04, 18:27

zdoon wrote: Anyway, Sung Yuri should end up with M E. Where's the zdoon option on the poll? :D
I'd give you the vote since you weren't acting in this terrible drama, but I already voted I don't care, I don't like this drama, wasted my time...someone should take notes from Damo on how to direct fight scenes w/ a chick using a sword. It just needs better execution IMO, but seems like there are a lot of lovers for this drama out there, to each there own, glad you guys enjoyed it.

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Sep 21st, '04, 18:59

I hate Kang In Chul because he has many features to hate.
I can't help it.

- He treats the Princess like an ****, and abandons her several times.
- He STILL does not believe the Princess.
- He jacked her necklace. He lied about having it. And he STILL has not returned it.
- He thinks hes a badass suddenly, and gets pissed off at Tatsuji (who has done nothing wrong.)
- He treats his designer friend, as well as the other girl horribly. They've done him numerous favors but Kang In Chul only thinks of himself selfishly. Wow, risk your life to help him, and in return he tells you to go away? Ass.
- He thinks the Princess should be with him, when he has done nothing to deserve her.
- He has the worst hair possible, and his outfits aren't much better. :crazy: :lol

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 21st, '04, 23:31

Scyth3r wrote: - He treats the Princess like an ****, and abandons her several times.
Wouldn't you after someone smashes your apartment up?
- He STILL does not believe the Princess.
But tha'ts ok, since obvsiouly that kind of trust has to be developed and is a part of the intrigue of the show.
- He jacked her necklace. He lied about having it. And he STILL has not returned it.
I thought he made a copy of it and with intention of giving it back. Besides, that's clearly not a personality thing. It's more a plot device.
- He thinks hes a badass suddenly, and gets pissed off at Tatsuji (who has done nothing wrong.)
they know each other, apparently. and, remember, Tatsuji has several times mocked him and his station in life. Also, the idea is that their is some sort of resisdual hatred and tension from their past lives.
- He treats his designer friend, as well as the other girl horribly. They've done him numerous favors but Kang In Chul only thinks of himself selfishly. Wow, risk your life to help him, and in return he tells you to go away? Ass.
Na, he's not that bad.
- He thinks the Princess should be with him, when he has done nothing to deserve her.
He bails her out. He tries to help her. There's a good dynamic going on, though Kang gets kind of jealous. There is a good degree of substance between him and the Princess and their relationship grows. Whereas for Tasuji and the Princess, it's pure infatuation and possession. Tasuji, like that gangster boss, doesn't really understand why he likes her at all. He merely seeks after her.
- He has the worst hair possible, and his outfits aren't much better. :crazy: :lol
The mullet was pretty bad, but his new hair cut is pretty cool. I like his fashion sense too.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 21st, '04, 23:37

puccakiss79 wrote:
zdoon wrote: Anyway, Sung Yuri should end up with M E. Where's the zdoon option on the poll? :D
I'd give you the vote since you weren't acting in this terrible drama, but I already voted I don't care, I don't like this drama, wasted my time...someone should take notes from Damo on how to direct fight scenes w/ a chick using a sword. It just needs better execution IMO, but seems like there are a lot of lovers for this drama out there, to each there own, glad you guys enjoyed it.
As far as what I remember the fight scenes were more than adequate. I don't approach this drama as a kung fu flick anyway so the fight choreography doesn't really bother or interest me.

But you say it's "terrible drama" - but how does it differ from other dramas? I like Thousdand Years of Love a lot because it's effervescent, the music works with it, the relationships flow well. I like the chemistry and the basic plot line, it's got mobility, whereas for shows like Bool Sae, for instance, it's stasis and regression and deceoption all the time. Reltaionships don't develop, they're maniupulated for 20+ episodes.

Thoughts?

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Sep 22nd, '04, 00:55

zdoon wrote: As far as what I remember the fight scenes were more than adequate. I don't approach this drama as a kung fu flick anyway so the fight choreography doesn't really bother or interest me.

But you say it's "terrible drama" - but how does it differ from other dramas? I like Thousdand Years of Love a lot because it's effervescent, the music works with it, the relationships flow well. I like the chemistry and the basic plot line, it's got mobility, whereas for shows like Bool Sae, for instance, it's stasis and regression and deceoption all the time. Reltaionships don't develop, they're maniupulated for 20+ episodes.

Thoughts?
OMG, *note to pucca, don't give 2 cents about Thousand Years again* apparently this is the second time I said something about this drama that must have come off as a challenge to its fans. Like I said, to each his own. You like the relationships....the chemistry...the basic plot line...great. Give me something w/ more substance, better acting, better directing (I could care less how the music affects this drama, cuz music don't make the drama...may make it better, but won't get me to like it if I think it sucks). If you're gonna have someone do a fight scene, why not mess up their hair to make it look like they really did fight. I just felt it had a "B" connotation like those "B" horror movies w/ terrible acting, directing, storylines, etc. etc. Even the dancers at the club look "B" to me, hahaha. That guy that plays Tatsuji, what is it...Nam Jin? similiar to namja...anyway, his character here isn't different from his in Crown Prince's First Love. I hope he steps it up in his next drama cuz he isn't impressing me w/ his acting skills. It would be a waste if not cuz he's oh so good to look at. At least Eric Mun of Bul Sae got better from his last drama, Running for a Dream or whatever. As far as So Ji Sup, what a drastic difference in choice in dramas. What Happened in Bali and this one is on totally different levels. There I will give him credit for having different characteristics and at least challenged himself to try out the different roles. Now as for the beautiful and adorable Sung Yuri, sorry girl, but your agent needs a big kick in the ass for getting you this gig. I would hope they would choose a drama that would have the producers spend more money, time and energy at making it better than what they did here. The whole plot and idea about traveling to time and a love that is strong enought to last throught that time is a very dynamic idea, but the drama's production was crap...it needs to be on the same level, but for me, it wasn't. The thing that differs from this drama and others is it's execution. The producers failed to execute it well IMO.

Btw, I don't like Bul Sae either, but I know that there are people that do like it, so I will continue to share it. People's opinions differ, to each his own. I was trying to be nice in my first post by saying glad you guys like it since it would be a total waste if no one did. Who knows maybe by the time this drama is finished uploading, I will have a bigger imagination to better believe the crap that flowith from it. :) :D Enjoy

Scyth3r

Post by Scyth3r » Sep 22nd, '04, 01:06

He abondoned her numerous times. Not once, not twice, but somwhere probably near the number of ten times... if not more. :P
But that's ok, since obvsiouly that kind of trust has to be developed and is a part of the intrigue of the show.[/quote
Yes I know that obviously, but I'm not talking about how it fits in the drama. I'm talking about the character of Kang In Chul himself. He does not believe in the Princess. Simple as that.
I thought he made a copy of it and with intention of giving it back. Besides, that's clearly not a personality thing. It's more a plot device.
He took the necklace in the first place with intentions of stealing of it. Furthermore, he has had several opportunites to return it even after making a copy, yet he has not. And again, yes I know its part of the plot device, but we're talking about Kang In Chul the character.
they know each other, apparently. and, remember, Tatsuji has several times mocked him and his station in life. Also, the idea is that their is some sort of resisdual hatred and tension from their past lives.
Yes yes, again you're talking about how these characters fit in the drama. Blah blah. Let's move on. Tatsuji has only mocked Kang In Chul after his inrecibly stupid acts and rude manner. When something happens to the Princess he immediately goes after Tatsuji (even though it was Kang In Chul's fault.) Idiot.
Na, he's not that bad.
His designer friend has gotten beaten up quite bad numerous times. Does Kang In Chul return the favor ever? Nope, he still takes him from granted. The other girl is in love with Kang In Chul and treats him nicely, yet all Kang In Chul doesin return is treat her like an ass as well.
He bails her out. He tries to help her. There's a good dynamic going on, though Kang gets kind of jealous. There is a good degree of substance between him and the Princess and their relationship grows. Whereas for Tasuji and the Princess, it's pure infatuation and possession. Tasuji, like that gangster boss, doesn't really understand why he likes her at all. He merely seeks after her.
While Tatsuji may not have the purest of intentions, Kang In Chul bails her out AFTER he's the one to put her in that situation in the first place.
The mullet was pretty bad, but his new hair cut is pretty cool. I like his fashion sense too.
Well... whatever floats your boat I guess. :blink

In other words, if Kang In Chul did not have the face of Ari, there is nothing to like about him.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 22nd, '04, 01:16

zdoon wrote:
puccakiss79 wrote:
As far as what I remember the fight scenes were more than adequate. I don't approach this drama as a kung fu flick anyway so the fight choreography doesn't really bother or interest me.

Thoughts?
My thoughts exactly! The three of them had sparking chemistry that really made the drama outstanding. The drama was well produced and had a creative storyline going on. I thought the acting was pretty good in my opinion. I never really liked Sung Yuri or So Ji Sup before I saw this drama but since watching it, I am fascinated with So Ji Sup and Sung Yuri gets an ok in my book.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 22nd, '04, 01:23

Scyth3r wrote:
He abondoned her numerous times. Not once, not twice, but somwhere probably near the number of ten times... if not more. :P
He abandons her once or twice at the most. Cosidering the context, that's not bad at all.
But that's ok, since obvsiouly that kind of trust has to be developed and is a part of the intrigue of the show.[/quote
Yes I know that obviously, but I'm not talking about how it fits in the drama. I'm talking about the character of Kang In Chul himself. He does not believe in the Princess. Simple as that.
The context is important. Besides, why would he believe the Princess? Is it better to know her blindly?
He took the necklace in the first place with intentions of stealing of it. Furthermore, he has had several opportunites to return it even after making a copy, yet he has not. And again, yes I know its part of the plot device, but we're talking about Kang In Chul the character.
i'll admit it wasn't entirely honest of him, but it was not entirely bad. but again considering context i get the idea that we're supposed to be suspending disbelief. let's see what happens. will kang "redeem" himself? what's going on? we can't judge his character just yet.
Yes yes, again you're talking about how these characters fit in the drama. Blah blah. Let's move on. Tatsuji has only mocked Kang In Chul after his inrecibly stupid acts and rude manner. When something happens to the Princess he immediately goes after Tatsuji (even though it was Kang In Chul's fault.) Idiot.
i wouldn't say it's "idiot" of him. he doesn't know what's going. and neither would anyone else in his situation. Tatsuji is certainly not any more enlightened than Kang In Chul.
Na, he's not that bad.
His designer friend has gotten beaten up quite bad numerous times. Does Kang In Chul return the favor ever? Nope, he still takes him from granted. The other girl is in love with Kang In Chul and treats him nicely, yet all Kang In Chul doesin return is treat her like an ass as well.
At least he's an honest guy as far as his feelings go. He's sincere. It doesn't mean he's bad.
While Tatsuji may not have the purest of intentions, Kang In Chul bails her out AFTER he's the one to put her in that situation in the first place.
But the point is he does bail her out, he does feel responsible for her. And he does it again he finds her there at the bar again. That's relationship with substance. There are real feelings, guilt, a sense of responsiblity thats' going on. On other hand, what's there between the Princess and Tatsuji? Not much at all, really.
Well... whatever floats your boat I guess. :blink
Hehehe.
In other words, if Kang In Chul did not have the face of Ari, there is nothing to like about him.
I get the sense that Kang is related to Ari in some spritual way. There's a relation there. But anyway, I find a lot that's like about Kang In Chul. He's a laid back kind of guy and despite superficial appearances, he's solid, he's upright. He starts off as a bastard but the show is directing to see that there's more to him. And that's kind of way I prefer So Ji Sub's acting here. He plays Ari and yet completely transforms into someone else, a classic underdog. I find that interesting. It makes for a fun watch, imo. :P

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 22nd, '04, 01:38

puccakiss79 wrote:OMG, *note to pucca, don't give 2 cents about Thousand Years again* apparently this is the second time I said something about this drama that must have come off as a challenge to its fans. Like I said, to each his own.
I'm just discussing the drama. There's no hate. 8)
You like the relationships....the chemistry...the basic plot line...great. Give me something w/ more substance, better acting, better directing (I could care less how the music affects this drama, cuz music don't make the drama...may make it better, but won't get me to like it if I think it sucks). If you're gonna have someone do a fight scene, why not mess up their hair to make it look like they really did fight. I just felt it had a "B" connotation like those "B" horror movies w/ terrible acting, directing, storylines, etc. etc. Even the dancers at the club look "B" to me, hahaha.
I don't know, I get the opposite impression. I think this show is Quality. The fight scenes are not Damo, but they were adequate. And the girls at the club act they way they do because they are secondary actors. Overall, this drama is so refreshing from most of the k dramas that have been around. By now, I've seen quite a few. So I'm not a total newb.
At least Eric Mun of Bul Sae got better from his last drama, Running for a Dream or whatever. As far as So Ji Sup, what a drastic difference in choice in dramas. What Happened in Bali and this one is on totally different levels. There I will give him credit for having different characteristics and at least challenged himself to try out the different roles.
I never watched SJS in any other drama. But I can already appreciate his range of acting. He gives a lot of nuance to his semi bastardly underdog character that is Kang In Chul. While when he plays Ari it's a totally different ball game. That's interesting to me.
Now as for the beautiful and adorable Sung Yuri, sorry girl, but your agent needs a big kick in the ass for getting you this gig.
But why? I think this "gig" is great. Sung Yuri is gongju. Gongju is her. :wub: :wub: :P
I would hope they would choose a drama that would have the producers spend more money, time and energy at making it better than what they did here. The whole plot and idea about traveling to time and a love that is strong enought to last throught that time is a very dynamic idea, but the drama's production was crap...it needs to be on the same level, but for me, it wasn't. The thing that differs from this drama and others is it's execution. The producers failed to execute it well IMO.
I disagree with your opinion and you give me no reason to believe otherwise, IMO. 8)

Btw, I don't like Bul Sae either, but I know that there are people that do like it, so I will continue to share it. People's opinions differ, to each his own. I was trying to be nice in my first post by saying glad you guys like it since it would be a total waste if no one did. Who knows maybe by the time this drama is finished uploading, I will have a bigger imagination to better believe the crap that flowith from it. :) :D Enjoy
Well, I'm enjoying Bool Sae, though I don't like it as much as Thousand Years of Love, the latter which I find quite entertaining, though definitely nothing seriously good.

Anyway, again, I'm just discussing things here. :wub:

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 22nd, '04, 01:42

Kai Lien wrote:My thoughts exactly! The three of them had sparking chemistry that really made the drama outstanding. The drama was well produced and had a creative storyline going on. I thought the acting was pretty good in my opinion. I never really liked Sung Yuri or So Ji Sup before I saw this drama but since watching it, I am fascinated with So Ji Sup and Sung Yuri gets an ok in my book.
I'm glad you agree. :lol

I totally agree with your post too. :)

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Sep 22nd, '04, 02:16

Whoa, some major disagreement in this thread! That's good to see. ^____^ To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired to TYOL, mainly because I haven't seen much plot development in the last couple episodes. Sung Yuri is like a pingpong ball, bouncing between So Ji Sup and Kim Nam Jin, and there's that *background* plot with the mother and the necklace... but everything seems to have come to a stalemate.

I also dislike how they haven't explained how Yuri traveled 1000 years in the future as well. It's okay to leave some plot holes, but we're 75% through already and there's been no attempt to describe how she ended up there! If they do explain it thoroughly and *somewhat* believably in the next couple episodes, I'll retract my statement, but I thought that travelling 1000 years into the future had great potential -- they just didn't act on this potential. I think a drama has to be somewhat believable to be enjoyable to the watcher, otherwise the watcher can't relate it to his own life relationships etc. I mean, there is a degree of understanding and sympathizing with the characters when they suffer, but for me, in a drama where she time travels a thousand years in the future with no explanation whatsoever.... doesn't really work.

Actually, I remember loving this drama up until episode 9 or 10.... the bickering and bouncing between Kim Nam Jin and So Ji Sup was cute. But it's lost its charm... I'm still watching it for the oh so hot and suave Kim Nam Jin though. Is a man allowed to be so goddamn sexy by wearing so many chest-baring clothes?!!! :mrgreen: As far as the past went, I liked Ari, but his character is so different in the future that I dislike him. Very very much. >____<

I forget who mentioned that So Ji Sup plays the underdog, but he really really doesn't. He's the one who Sung Yuri clings onto when she travels to the future -- not Kim Nam Jin. Kim Nam Jin had to earn her respect and trust before he was even allowed to come near her before she kicked his ass. :blink So Ji Sup really had everything handed to him on a silver platter as far as Sung Yuri goes.... she keeps returning to him despite anything he ever does. How can you still call him the underdog??? LOL

I don't have anything against So Ji Sup, as I think he's a pretty versatile actor. In Dating Now, he plays a sweet guy whose character I really like. ^_^

Chiharu2003

Post by Chiharu2003 » Sep 22nd, '04, 06:06

let not argue anymore and just wait and see how the drama go. cause really everyone have thier opinion. now let just wait for the next episode. btw i think all of the girl are pretty and cute so it doesn't matter who end up with who.

YuanFen21

Post by YuanFen21 » Sep 22nd, '04, 07:31

i agree with chi. let just wait and see. who is really her true knight in shiny armor. will it be In Chul, tatsuji, or YuanFen21.. :D :P

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Sep 22nd, '04, 14:30

iceberri wrote:Whoa, some major disagreement in this thread! That's good to see. ^____^ To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired to TYOL, mainly because I haven't seen much plot development in the last couple episodes. Sung Yuri is like a pingpong ball, bouncing between So Ji Sup and Kim Nam Jin, and there's that *background* plot with the mother and the necklace... but everything seems to have come to a stalemate.
That's fair in itself, but you can say the same thing of like 90% of every K drama. So I don't take this criticism as significant. My point is that relative to other dramas, Thousand Years of Love is not bad as far as the above goes.
I also dislike how they haven't explained how Yuri traveled 1000 years in the future as well. It's okay to leave some plot holes, but we're 75% through already and there's been no attempt to describe how she ended up there! If they do explain it thoroughly and *somewhat* believably in the next couple episodes, I'll retract my statement, but I thought that travelling 1000 years into the future had great potential -- they just didn't act on this potential. I think a drama has to be somewhat believable to be enjoyable to the watcher, otherwise the watcher can't relate it to his own life relationships etc. I mean, there is a degree of understanding and sympathizing with the characters when they suffer, but for me, in a drama where she time travels a thousand years in the future with no explanation whatsoever.... doesn't really work.
If the show ends without so much as explaining that, then yeah there's something wrong. But pointing to this aspect in the series is meaningless since neither yor nor I understand how the show ends and goes about tying its story and its elements to a close.
I forget who mentioned that So Ji Sup plays the underdog, but he really really doesn't. He's the one who Sung Yuri clings onto when she travels to the future -- not Kim Nam Jin. Kim Nam Jin had to earn her respect and trust before he was even allowed to come near her before she kicked his ass. :blink So Ji Sup really had everything handed to him on a silver platter as far as Sung Yuri goes.... she keeps returning to him despite anything he ever does. How can you still call him the underdog??? LOL
I meant underdog in terms of being the guy with something to prove. He's the one people don't like. He's the one written off as a petty conman. He's the guy who has something to achieve. Tatsuji is just the guy who drives the BMW and tries to look cool in the office.

YuanFen21

Post by YuanFen21 » Sep 22nd, '04, 17:55

woah... yall all have your point. In Chul is not a perfect guy and so is Tatsuji. In Chul social condition is nowhere Tatsuji that why he have to act and do the stuff he did. Imagin this you got a girl following you around and keep telling you that she is a princess in this time. Come on now who would believe that? that why try to abandon Yuri cause he think she is a "Crazy Woman" i would do the same thing too. as for Tatsuji soo far he have done soo much for the princess. but he have made a wrong move out of his love for the princess. is Attemping Rape. i even feel sorry for him sometime cause heonly got her body. not her heart.. as a guy i know how painful it is knowing that the girl you love is constantly thinking of some1 else. they both are not bad guys. but love is a selfish game. people only think of themself. let just wait and see what will happen next.

YuanFen21

Post by YuanFen21 » Sep 22nd, '04, 17:59

i voted for In Chul cause he seem to be a better guy. i know tatsuji is great and all. but a love must servive many test and obsticle. that why it would be more interesting watching In chul and the princess. Tatsuji and the prince if happen to be together. thier wont be much of an obsticle.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Sep 22nd, '04, 23:53

zdoon wrote:
Kai Lien wrote:My thoughts exactly! The three of them had sparking chemistry that really made the drama outstanding. The drama was well produced and had a creative storyline going on. I thought the acting was pretty good in my opinion. I never really liked Sung Yuri or So Ji Sup before I saw this drama but since watching it, I am fascinated with So Ji Sup and Sung Yuri gets an ok in my book.
I'm glad you agree. :lol

I totally agree with your post too. :)
Heh hee...I am so glad there is someone out there who feels exactly the way I do about this drama. :D
iceberri wrote:I also dislike how they haven't explained how Yuri traveled 1000 years in the future as well. It's okay to leave some plot holes, but we're 75% through already and there's been no attempt to describe how she ended up there! If they do explain it thoroughly and *somewhat* believably in the next couple episodes, I'll retract my statement, but I thought that travelling 1000 years into the future had great potential -- they just didn't act on this potential. I think a drama has to be somewhat believable to be enjoyable to the watcher, otherwise the watcher can't relate it to his own life relationships etc. I mean, there is a degree of understanding and sympathizing with the characters when they suffer, but for me, in a drama where she time travels a thousand years in the future with no explanation whatsoever.... doesn't really work.

*sighs* That's why this drama should be longer than 20 eps! :P Yeah, I guess I hope they kinda explain how she ends up where she is in the present but I think that's minor. Or maybe I just don't care about it much. When Yuri fell off that cliff she didn't die in that river but ended up 1000 years in the future. :D Since the concept is kinda far out, I really don't know how they can justify something real out of it.
YuanFen21 wrote:
i voted for In Chul cause he seem to be a better guy. i know tatsuji is great and all. but a love must servive many test and obsticle. that why it would be more interesting watching In chul and the princess. Tatsuji and the prince if happen to be together. thier wont be much of an obsticle.
Oh, so you're the one who's making Tatsuji lose in this poll as of late. :lol Even though my vote would probably go to Tatsuji, I haven't voted yet...don't really know why. :blink I don't think In Chul is any better than Tatsuji though. Even though he likes the princess a lot, I really think he should treat her better. I know he wants to but for some reason his actions come out all wrong when he's with her. Poor guy.

If you think about it, wouldn't there be more obstacles to overcome if the princess ends up with Tatsuji? I mean she hated Kim Yu Suk in the past and vowed to kill him but couldn't because he's so kind to her in the present. If they both could survive their relationship than that would be greater than the princess ending up with the man with Ari's face. I mean I would feel really sorry for In Chul but she had Ari in the past and now it's time for Tatsuji in the present. :)

jixi

Post by jixi » Aug 10th, '05, 09:24

1) Burst of JOY! YEAH! finally found a post on this drama. really wants some spoilers to this series, so wanna watch but stupid thing won't go past 47kb/s :cry:
2) :cry: thanx matts19, bludawn, all seeders, and all voters for this as series o'the month, if not i wouldn't even see this, i didn't like the looks of this drama and only dl it at like the end of the month cuz there wasn't any else tah do. so regretted doing that now, since i'm so totally hooked after watching the first two eps. i stayed up the nite waitingfor eps 3 tah finish loading, two hrs away.
3) in terms of looks, i would say ari, in the past, and tatsuji in the present cuz In Chun's hairdo really makes me cringe and pink suit under black jack? gay! and cuz i normally go for the evil guys anyways, since people are evil only b'cuz they been thru circumstances that made them that way. so whether past or present, it was tatsuji, settled on taht after eps3 preview. what sortof a bastard lives a girl standing out in the cold, damn him, idiot, bastard, **** In Chun! damn touya, but i am no judge of others' feelings, everyone has their own thoughts... as pucca exclaimed.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i wanna watch! load faster faster faster afajf a;oujle;u\\ argh! ack! grrrrr!

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Aug 10th, '05, 18:48

The drama itself is very confusing at some points.

Bad acting at some points.

Bad directing at some points.

Very boring at some points.

It sucks basically.

The main character girl is the only saving grace. She has a pretty face but she can't act.

doramaoni

Thousand Years of Love. My observations/comments

Post by doramaoni » Aug 12th, '05, 05:43

The following contains SPOILERS! Do not read if you haven't finished this series.

Ok, I just finished this series and here goes...

1. At the end of the series, the Princess returns to her time and we assume that she lives the rest of her life with General Kim Yu Suk, who is suppose to be the ancestor to the Fujiwara clan. Which means that the princess is the great great great great.....etc grandmother of Tatsuji Fujiwara. Which....is kinda disturbing....

2. I kept waiting for the professor guy to tell Kang In Chul that he is Ari reincarnated. That would have made the whole story so much better. But instead the writers decided only to have the professor mention to In Chul that he has the form of someone who commands thousands of men. Just think, if Princess and In Chul both know that he is Ari reincarnated...the ending would've been MUCH better.

3. Speaking of the ending... Why did they end the series with In Chul going off to "find the princess"? It's just so unsatisfying. They could have easily shot 5 more minutes of film and have In Chul meet a girl who looks like the princess (maybe a reincarnate of her) and end the series at that point. Don't you agree?

4. What's with the soundtrack? It's like they got too lazy or too cheap to hire a composer and just stole music from other series. It's even got scores from The Bourne Identiry/Supremacy. Anybody notice that?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 12th, '05, 07:45

There's already a discussion thread for the series, so please post here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7508

JackJ

Post by JackJ » Aug 17th, '05, 08:05

Jannah wrote:There's already a discussion thread for the series, so please post here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7508
eh? that link just brings me back to the same thread?

anyhoo, just finished watching it and i agree with pucca and iceberri...i did not find this drama all that enjoyable, it was boring and the acting weren't all that great. i'd rate it a "see it if you have absolutely nothing else to do"

was hoping that this would be as awesome as "im sorry, i love you" since SJS was in it, but nope...still looking for a drama that's comparable to "im sorry" *sigh*

edit: oh, and i didnt like the ending either...booo... :x

lucybobby

Post by lucybobby » Aug 25th, '05, 04:32

VietZeus wrote:The drama itself is very confusing at some points.

Bad acting at some points.

Bad directing at some points.

Very boring at some points.

It sucks basically.

The main character girl is the only saving grace. She has a pretty face but she can't act.
yup....totally agree with that..the girl could end up with in chul or tatsuji or the butler for all i care...whatever...the bottomline is it sucked..

Michael

Post by Michael » Aug 25th, '05, 17:22

just finish watching, great Show, one of the best kdrama, hope there is a part 2

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 26th, '05, 20:45

Wow!!! finally finish the series... For me, it's not really as bad as what other people are saying... I guess, it differs from one person to another... It was OK for me... Maybe I was expecting too much since it's So Ji Sub, but this is his earlier work... I still love him on this series... even with his rooster like hair do in the beginning of the series... :lol :lol :lol
I really like Ari in the series... Ji Sub looks so good and so manly.. (*fanning herself)...
I vote for In Chul in this poll... I mean, he was mean in the beggining of the series... but who could blame him...realisticly, if someone approach you, wearing wearing weird clothes and telling you that you're this person and she loves you... what do you expect...
I like their relationship better, because, it actually develop, compare to the Tatsuji, where she was just an obsession... I like the fact that she accepted the fact that In Chul is not Ari and she love him as In Chul :wub: :wub: :wub: ...
Ending was a disaapointment for though... it's like, it went back to zero with no explanation whatsoever...
:-( :-( it's an OK series for me... I love So Ji Sub, so i'm a little bias a little bit!! :D :D anything with SJS is ok in my book!!!
I didn't particularly cared for Yuri (the girl) :crazy: .. very pretty but need to take some acting lesson.. :D

rel

Post by rel » Aug 31st, '05, 01:44

I found the series interesting...not the best, but not too bad :p I didnt really like the ending at all :P I voted for In Chul, the Tatsuji guy was totally obsessed and wanted to possess the princess haha, psycho :P Anyway, Sung Yuri as the princess.. wow she is pretty :p

Spoiler:

My problem with the ending..is why she goes back. Recall how the princess lost her nation and her lover Ari, she did not want to live anymore, thus she decides to commit suicide. It does not make any sense for her to even come back to the past when she was supposed to be dead :P She lives in future and makes new friends and finds new love, therefore, it only make sense for her to stay, damn ending :P

DonlySuperman

Post by DonlySuperman » Sep 2nd, '05, 08:08

I just watched a few episodes of this series. I've read a lot of the comments also. It was really good for like the first two or three episodes and then it gets really bad. How da hell did Ari become such a faggot wimp. That doesn't make any sense. They should have made the story continue from the previous life. Kinda like The Classic. Continue the unfinished love. That's just my opinion. Also, they should've made the ancient time scenes longer, I enjoyed those scenes in the beginning where they were just arguing with each other all the time, more of those would have been really nice.

pyh

Post by pyh » Sep 5th, '05, 23:15

I just finished watching. It was better than some dramas. It was good at the beginning and than the whole middle just dragged with nothing happening. I was rooting for Tatsuji and I'm glad it ended that way. It was not a good ending but when she went back she ended up with that general Fugiwara which is Tatsuji. Remember at the end when she said that the prince gave up his position and went with her in the unsettled world. and that she wanted to forgive him 'cause he was so much like Tatsuji. I'm glad she ended up with someone even if it was going back.

Quadrono

Post by Quadrono » Sep 6th, '05, 05:54

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and Thousand Years of Love was the first drama that I have downloaded from d-addicts, though I've watched a few others on video.

Is there a plot analysis for this drama? As much as I enjoyed it, I don't get what really happened and why, and the ending made me even more confused.

Yes, I agree, the plot was somewhat pointless, and the ending emphasized it... but the script was really well done! And the characters aside from the main ones, like the mobsters, for eg. 'H', and Kang In Chul's fashion designer partner.

To me, everything was saved by the excellent script and the comedy.

And as for that comment about the hair... I didn't think that was that bad, I mean, it's easier to like Kang In Chul for his personality in TYOL... than when I think of the step-brother who loved Jung-Seo in Stairway to Heaven.

rubi

Post by rubi » Sep 6th, '05, 06:40

*Minor(?) Spoilers for does that haven't finished the series*

I can't really say I liked this drama. I just kept watching it to see what the ending would be like. I'm glad the princess didn't stay with any of the future guys.. I just couldn't picture her with either of them. I'm glad she went back to her time. Also, I wanted In Chul to stay with the other girl... I forgot her name Eun (something like that). Sure, she was a little mean at first but then she changed.. poor girl.

I thought by the end we would be seeing some lady that looked like the princess. Everyone one else was there in the futuret except for the princess... so I thought she would show up at the end.. but nothing.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Sep 6th, '05, 10:48

I'm getting bored with this drama... But I promised myself I'd watch it till the end for SJS. :P I couldn't really care less who the princess ends up with, actually. But I wanna see how she makes it back to the past, after reading soem spoilers here.

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » Oct 29th, '05, 20:41

**My comments will contain spoilers for those who haven't seen TYOL in its entirety so please DON'T READ if you do NOT want to be spoiled.**

I've just finished this series. It was okay, not as bad as some people made it out to be. The plot was promising, but somehow I didn't feel it was executed to its full potential with poor fighting scenes, obviously fake add-on hair on the two leading men in ancientwear, and overdone slapping. A lot of it was also repetitive. What kept me watching was So Ji Sup and curiosity in wanting to find out what would become of the princess at the end and whether/how she'd go back, who she'd end up with, etc. Sung Yuri is very cute, but she didn't seem convincing as a princess who could kick-butt from the shaky way she wielded a sword. I'd say her crying was pretty convincing, but the tears were kind of fake. In any case, she did a better job in that department than the actress who played Go Eun Bee.

As for the poll, I voted for Kang In Chul. It's not just because I'm a SJS fan, but I liked his character much more than Tatsuji Fujiwara. I found the latter pretty boring and stone-like for the most part and he didn't really appeal to me physically. Everytime In Chul would appear before him, I'd expect him to be punched and that did happen about 90% of the time. In Chul's no Prince Charming with that foul-mouth and ill-temper of his, but his heart was in the right place. I found his character to be realistic. He's a poor fellow whose parents died early and is struggling to make ends meet; the last thing I'd expect would have been for him to shell out all his dough and take a girl claiming to be a princess from an era long past seriously from the get-go. Sure the mullet hairstyle wasn't very flattering and choice of clothes questionable for a potential "hidden gem" fashion designer, but he did look better and better as the series progressed. SJS looked especially good as Ari with the facial hair and from some angles, he reminded me of Chen Dao Ming.

Some questions the series didn't really explain to my satisfaction...

What secret was Eun Bee's father trying to hide when he'd get all paranoid about his wife having his cell phone and when she was going to get a credit card from his bag?

When Tatsuji gave the princess the ring he had said he'd wanted to give his birth mother, was the series insinuating that his birth mom probably looked a lot like the princess since it's assumed the princess ended up with Tatsuji's ancestor in the past? So, technically, they're related and it would make sense that In Chul would eventually find and end up with the princess in the present if mixing of the same bloodlines is to be avoided. Of course that wasn't shown in the series, but that's what I would like to think happened. :mrgreen:

At the end, why did it say 134? years later instead of 1400+ years later? The return to the present took place after the princess had already returned to the past and Tatsuji was preparing to leave for Japan (though I thought he was injured while trying to help the princess return to the past?).

Also, does anyone know if Kim Nam Jin is really fluent in Japanese?

chinot chan

Post by chinot chan » Nov 2nd, '06, 20:34

is there any direct download links for thousand years of love? I'm using a uni server so can't use P2P :pale:
thanks

Aki Himemiya

Post by Aki Himemiya » Feb 18th, '07, 00:32

CAn PLEASE anyone seed this series again???????
please. please,please,please,please,please,please.................................
:( :( :( (: (:( (:(: (:(( :(: (:(((

The download of ep 13-14 and 19 is very very very slow..... :( :( :( :(

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 3rd, '11, 15:29

I'm thinking about watching this as I love Sung Yu Ri and So JI Sub but ever since I saw Prince's First Love I've hated Kim Nam Jin, the dude is Korea's version of Keanu Reeves a talentless actor whose projects would be improved considerably by replacing him with a cardboard cut-out, so does Kim Nam Jin ruin the show, like he did Prince's First Love, or is it worth watching for So Ji Sub and Sung Yu Ri?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Nov 3rd, '11, 15:34

Don't watch it. It's horrible on every level.
If you like Jisub, watch Sorry I Love You, not this piece of crap.