La Dolce Vita aka The Bittersweet Life-- With2 side project

Discuss Korean drama series here.
didiellza

La Dolce Vita aka The Bittersweet Life-- With2 side project

Post by didiellza » Apr 30th, '08, 12:02

Big thanks With2 for picking up this drama (even if it is a side project :D )

Finally Dong Wook comes back after 2 years in a new project with a totall different character. I'm so looking forward to catch this drama, and I really hope not to get dissappointed like Bad Love. Because of that I will not put my expectations too high, I don't want to get the same experience with BadLove.

Again Thanks With2 you are the best :thumleft:
[/code]
Attachments
20080423214831.jpg
20080423214831.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 778 times

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Apr 30th, '08, 12:16

I was happy to hear something new about him, cause I really like his acting.

My expectations won't be high for that, too - because he was gone for a long time and the story... well, 'til now it hasn't catched me completly..

Yeah..it's controverse with affair & marriaged people...but I fear, that 24 episodes are to long for this topic....

Will there be more comedy or only tragedy? Nevertheless, I'm eager to see it!

KissedInuyasha

Post by KissedInuyasha » Apr 30th, '08, 12:19

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Bittersweet_Life

Yoon Hye Jin and Ha Dong Won's marriage is on the rocks. Though they have two daughters together, both have secret love affairs with other people. Lee Joon Soo is a man that accidentally meets Hye Jin in Japan and falls for her.
Cast:
* Oh Yun Soo as Yoon Hye Jin
* Lee Dong Wook as Lee Joon Soo
* Jung Bo Suk as Ha Dong Won
* Park Si Yeon as Hong Da Ae

It's sounds scandalous. I'm looking forward to it. :D

Looking up info for it is hard seeing as how there is a Korean movie called "A Bittersweet Life" and an Italian? movie called La Dolce Vita.

KissedInuyasha

Post by KissedInuyasha » Apr 30th, '08, 12:21

Wow...in the time it took me to post that, lol, there was another post. Maybe there will be divorces in the middle? I hope so, because 24 episodes is a lot for just having affairs.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Apr 30th, '08, 12:25

^-^ happened to me several times, too KissedInuyasha, so don't bother ^-^

Mmmhhh.. but even with a divorce......my doubts are getting bigger before it even started airing:blink

didiellza

Post by didiellza » May 7th, '08, 11:06

hmmm I just saw the first Episode and as I thought this is complete different from other dramas I have watched so far!!! Well this drama arouses my curiosity.
Well first: what is the reason Lee Joon Soo (Wookie) died at the beginning? Was is it really suicide or did someone kill him? And the young lady who died at the same way *Was it Hong Da Ae (Park Si Yeon)??* And the detective seems to be connected with all of them!
Second: From What didYoon Hye Jin's (Oh Yun Soo) husband saved her, by marrying her? She looks soo desperate. How can she even think about suicide when her husband is the one who is cheating on her. Women kill him instead!!! (that is what I would do if my husband would cheat on me!! :P )
Third and least Question: Why did Wookie say that even he didn't like his character. What makes his character soo bad?? Her husband cheated on her, so why shouldn't he fall in love with her. (I am really curious!!)

And at the last scene where the beautiful song was played, it was soo emotional. Love the OST so far.

WOW damn it how can Oh Yun Soo look soo beautiful and young. This agjuma looks more like a agashi!! hehe and setting up Wookie with her doesn't look strange as I thought at first, because SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.

Actually I wouldn't have paid any attention to this drama if it were not for Wookie but I am surprised that i really liked the first episode. It is well done soo beautiful scenes. I'm really looking forward for the next episodes.

And is "Love Letter" worth watching it!! It never captured my interest, but should I give it a try??

1aco

Post by 1aco » May 7th, '08, 18:55

just finsihed watching Ep1... At fisrst I din't know what to make of it. it has a verey uniq way of telling the story.. To be honest I liked it.. You should watch it.. it is different from other kdrama. Great acting..Beautiful scene and OST.....but like many kdrama they start great but then they keep on draging the same story on and on... I really hope it is different with this drama... 24Ep hmmm... Thanks to With2 for subbing..

kitty_1434456

Post by kitty_1434456 » May 8th, '08, 10:58

I'VE SEEN THE TV RATINGS OF THIS DRAMA IN DRAMA WIKI AND THE RATINGS ARE VERY LOW!!! OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED? THEIR PILOT EPISODE RATING IS 8.1%

8.1%

OH MY GOD!!!

WHAT A RATING!

episode

Post by episode » May 10th, '08, 13:44

sounds like interesting drama to me
just watchiing MBC now and episode grab my interest
Oh , or mey be cuz 2 My Girl cast is here...........i dont know
I will give a try for this drama for shure

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » May 11th, '08, 17:35

hi,
i want to see this kdrama because it seems a good kdrama but i don't know where i can find the torrent because in daddict i don't find it
so if someone can help me to find the torrent of " dolce vita" it will be cool
thx in advance

rann

Post by rann » May 11th, '08, 17:43

you can download them from their clubbox ^^ I got mine from there http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB click on the file name and choose either the first or second option )
it'll install the clubox software and after that you can download the episodes

hatshepsout

Post by hatshepsout » May 11th, '08, 17:48

oh thank you i will trie

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » May 12th, '08, 00:39

I'm really liking this drama. Has the feel of Bad Love. How I love dramas like that. The story is really good and I love the cast.
And yeah, Kitty can't believe the ratings are so low. Such a shame.

tourette

Post by tourette » Aug 1st, '08, 13:35

after reading so much good things about that show on Twitch (cf. http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/k-drama ... olce-vita/), i wanted to give it a try as soon as i could; but after watching the first 3 episodes, i have some difficulties understanding what the reviewer found that great in it. okay, it is probably too early to say that. that's too much of a fast judgement. but still...
the show has indeed a really gorgeous cinematography, the various sceneries (mostly shot in hokkaido so far) create a great atmosphere, but what give me difficulties is the scriptwriting. the characters' masks are a bit obvious and, despite some good acting, the climate of mystery around them seems forced (see Lee Dong-Wook's character overacting his darksides and mystery). the dialogues, voiceovers are really explicit and, then, lack simplicity... subtlety. instead of acting and making us feel their inner-self, the script makes them tell it, what drags the interest down. i will continue to watch that show because that's definitely not a bad one, probably even better than the usual but, to say that the script is "A story, fire written on [...] blank pages by (a) maestro"... that's a bit too much for me... so far.

tourette

Post by tourette » Oct 19th, '08, 11:47

so... i already was the last one to put my thoughts about La Dolce Vita more than 10 weeks ago.
and 10 weeks after, now at ep 22 (still 3 episodes to the end), did my opinion changed ? definitely. i still don't think it is a really enjoyable drama. it doesn't give you the rush to go on another episode a soon as one ended but really makes you understand what the characters are going through. there is not much going on there (no wicked twists, no sudden action burst) but what i, at first, found annoying & tedious, like the voiceovers, are all of what the story is about. that drama is very close to Stanley Kubrik's Eyes Wide Shut and tell the similar story. a couple that's falling apart and roughly, how men & women can do the same thing with very different meaning. it's a bit old fashioned and can only applied to a certain kind of relation between husband & wife.
i am not sure to like the use of that mystery, murder-thing since it seems to only exist to force the ending into a particular way. without that, even at ep21, you wouldn't have a clue about how it could end for the 4 characters. also, it could be only a smoke barrier hidden the lacking of the writer. his weakness at understanding his own creature (Lee Dong-Wook's character). i could be wrong but i think it is the only one who doesn't have voiceovers and all is doing seems logically guided and it results to a really superficial character. so, Lee Joon-Soo is, for me, the weak point of the drama. Lee Dong-Wook' acting also being the worst and Jun Bo-Suk providing the best acting i ever see at that time in a kdrama. he is so good at creating a vivid characte that, despite all his wrong thinking, will be really enjoyable. compared to the other 3, his acting is on a completely different level.

morserachel

Post by morserachel » Oct 20th, '08, 14:24

I too agree that among the four main characters Lee Dong Wook's Jun Soo was the weakest link. That's not to say that Lee Dong Wook acting was not good but because Jun Bo-Suk was outstanding in his potrayal of the cad husband that Wookie's portayal pales in comparison. I would think this is actually Lee Dong Wook's best performance so far in his career and kudos to him to take on the role of Jun Soo. That aside I think Lee Dong Wook does not have the ability to carry a character as demanding as Jun Soo at this point in time. As I watch the show I couldn't help but imagine how Lee Byung Hyung would be perfect for the role of Jun Soo except that he is a bit too old for the role. (He was excellent in the first 1/3 of Beautiful days playing the role of the bad guy). Alternatively I think Chun Jung Myung will fit the role of Jun Soo perfectly after having seen him in fashion 70s. Lee Dong Wook did a good job but I think where he fails is in expressing his dark side. We don't feel the anguish, the fear and the countless demons in him that finally drove him over the edge that not even Hye Jin's love was able to save.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jan 17th, '10, 10:37

just finished watching. I liked it :-) I first caught this, changing channels on my big screen tv. I didn't even know the title of the show 'til I found it by accident on crunchyroll. As someone else mentioned, it had beautiful cinematography, and that's what made me want to watch it from the beginning. It was the scene where Joonsoo and Hyejin went out on a date. Man! it was gorgeous. Everything in the show was beautiful. From the sceneries, to the clothes, their cars, and of course the actors themselves. There was nothing ugly to look at.

But umm, the story was kind of confusing at times. I think because of how it was portrayed. The husband acting the jerk was great. The docile and obliging wife was believable. Even the selfish and bratty young mistress was acceptable. But I think the whole of the story relied heavily on the biggest character, Joonsoo, which unfortunately, I thought, was not portrayed as... well, it just didn't show the depth of the character, as the actor should have, I think. So I got confused at times, with the way he portrayed the Joonsoo's different sides. I really couldn't tell what I was supposed to be feeling for the him at times. It was too bad really, because everything else about this show was beautiful. Even the characters' long lines, I thought was nice. I just finished watching the new Glass Mask anime before this show, about a young girl's love and passion for acting on stage. So sometimes, when the characters would say these long lines, it reminded me of the epilogues that actors in theater would recite.