Boys Before Flowers (KBS2) Korean version of "Meteor Ga

Discuss Korean drama series here.
taniyama_mai

Post by taniyama_mai » Apr 29th, '09, 05:44

really really hope that someone can upload F4 After Story at d-addict..
really miss those guys... :wub: :wub: :wub:

technohive

Post by technohive » May 12th, '09, 13:30

Its currently shown in the Philippines

TNS National TV Ratings (May 8-11): Boys Over Flowers smells sweet on its debut

Erwin Santiago

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boys Over Flowers, the Korean version of the hit Taiwanese series Meteor Garden which starred the phenomenal F4, premiered last night, May 11, in ABS-CBN. The Korenovela generated a rating of 24.6 percent on its debut to place 8th overall.

May Bukas Pa still holds the crown as the No. 1 primetime series with 38.7 percent. Tayong Dalawa climbed to No. 2 with 37.5 percent, while Only You dropped to No. 3 with 36.8 percent.

Completing the Top 5 are TV Patrol World (29.1 percent) and Zorro (25.6 percent).

Occupying the rest of the Top 10 are 24 Oras, Totoy Bato, All About Eve, and Fated To Love You.

Meanwhile, the daytime race has a new leader. Precious Hearts Romances Presents Bud Brothers slipped past Wowowee; 23.2 percent vs. 22.9 percent.

They were followed by Kambal Sa Uma, Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?, and Paano Ba ang Mangarap? to complete the Top 5.

Rated K topped the primetime race last Sunday, May 10, with 28.2 percent; while ASAP '09 led the daytime race with 18 percent.

The new season of Your Song Presents Boystown premiered strongly with 13.5 percent to place second. Janno Gibbs's new game show Power of 10 also had a modest start with 20.7 percent to rank fifth.

Maalaala Mo Kaya and Wowowee ruled the ratings game last Saturday, May 9.

Finally, May Bukas Pa and Wowowee were the topraters Friday, May 8.

Here are the comparative TV ratings of ABS-CBN and GMA-7 programs from May 8 to 11, based on the overnight ratings of Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) among national households:

pink_topaz06

Post by pink_topaz06 » May 14th, '09, 11:12

I had fun reading the posts. Now it's time to give my own opinion. LOL

WARNING: Spoilers!!

I already watched the Taiwanese and Korean version. But unfortunately, I haven't watched the Japanese version. Why? Because i didn't like the actors. Sorry! I wasn't interested in them. LOL. Again, sorry! :unsure:

The Taiwanese version was good. But as the story unfolds, it went to a different path. It got more and more unrelevant, i think. :-) Shancai was too weak considering the female lead character. And Vaness Wu didn't look rich as the character should be. Or at least he doesn't seem rich to me. :P I'm just curious, why was the title "Meteor Garden" instead of something with relevance in Hana Yori Dango which means Dumplings Before Flowers. :P I've heard that the upcoming Chinese version would have "Meteor Shower" as its title...

Now, to be honest, I love the Korean version the most. It is because:

1. The actors themselves were interesting to watch. :-) Lee Min Ho acted very well as Gu Jun Pyo. You could feel the atmosphere of arrogance when he walks in. But that atmosphere would be turned into a silly one when JanDi entered his life. The flashbacks to Gu Jun Pyo and the other F4 member's childhood were a great help to understand the characters. JanDi, at first, was a funny character but as the story continues, the true character is revealed. She becomes emotional as the character dictates especially the Macau part. I love it. :-)

2. I loved the lines. They were well-delivered although Wu Bin's "yo, yo, yo" parts irritate me sometimes. But I still love him... :-) Gu Jun Pyo's wrong idioms were very funny especially the way Lee Min Ho delivers it. He says there are 38 strategies to fight instead of 36. And eating the train's smokestack instead of train's heart. :P These were the lines I remembered because of its significance:
"You're like a stain I want to remove"
"Let me be your firefighter."

JD: Why me? I don't have the looks, money, status. I have nothing.
JP: Because I have all of those. All you have to be is to be Geum JanDi.
(squeals!!! :lol )

3. The props and designs were very believable...well, at least for me.

BUT:
1. I didn't like the Gu Jun Pyo memory loss part. I mean, I don't like the selective memory loss thing. And the only peson he doesn't remember is Geum JanDi. And he lost his memory for just a short time. Making it less exciting. :-(

2. Geum JanDi isn't expressive when it comes to showing her love for Jun Pyo. Even when they hug, she doesn't hug back... :-(

But then again, I love the Korean version. I'll try to watch the Japanese version. :lol
And I'm trying hard to learn how to read, write and speak Korean because of this. It just sucks that I have to read subtitles just to understand. haha! :lol

Keep watching the Korean version, everyone! Eventually, you'll love it, too!

NECKLACE (Star represents Jun Pyo, Moon represents JanDi):

FINAL:

pink_topaz06

Post by pink_topaz06 » May 14th, '09, 11:18

I had fun reading the posts. Now it's time to give my own opinion. LOL

WARNING: Spoilers!!

I already watched the Taiwanese and Korean version. But unfortunately, I haven't watched the Japanese version. Why? Because i didn't like the actors. Sorry! I wasn't interested in them. LOL. Again, sorry! :unsure:

The Taiwanese version was good. But as the story unfolds, it went to a different path. It got more and more unrelevant, i think. :-) Shancai was too weak considering the female lead character. And Vaness Wu didn't look rich as the character should be. Or at least he doesn't seem rich to me. :P I'm just curious, why was the title "Meteor Garden" instead of something with relevance in Hana Yori Dango which means Dumplings Before Flowers. :P I've heard that the upcoming Chinese version would have "Meteor Shower" as its title...

Now, to be honest, I love the Korean version the most. It is because:

1. The actors themselves were interesting to watch. :-) Lee Min Ho acted very well as Gu Jun Pyo. You could feel the atmosphere of arrogance when he walks in. But that atmosphere would be turned into a silly one when JanDi entered his life. The flashbacks to Gu Jun Pyo and the other F4 member's childhood were a great help to understand the characters. JanDi, at first, was a funny character but as the story continues, the true character is revealed. She becomes emotional as the character dictates especially the Macau part. I love it. :-)

2. I loved the lines. They were well-delivered although Wu Bin's "yo, yo, yo" parts irritate me sometimes. But I still love him... :-) Gu Jun Pyo's wrong idioms were very funny especially the way Lee Min Ho delivers it. He says there are 38 strategies to fight instead of 36. And eating the train's smokestack instead of train's heart. :P These were the lines I remembered because of its significance:
"You're like a stain I want to remove"
"Let me be your firefighter."

JD: Why me? I don't have the looks, money, status. I have nothing.
JP: Because I have all of those. All you have to be is to be Geum JanDi.
(squeals!!! :lol )

3. The props and designs were very believable...well, at least for me.

BUT:
1. I didn't like the Gu Jun Pyo memory loss part. I mean, I don't like the selective memory loss thing. And the only peson he doesn't remember is Geum JanDi. And he lost his memory for just a short time. Making it less exciting. :-(

2. Geum JanDi isn't expressive when it comes to showing her love for Jun Pyo. Even when they hug, she doesn't hug back... :-(

But then again, I love the Korean version. I'll try to watch the Japanese version. :lol
And I'm trying hard to learn how to read, write and speak Korean because of this. It just sucks that I have to read subtitles just to understand. haha! :lol

Keep watching the Korean version, everyone! Eventually, you'll love it, too!

NECKLACE (Star represents Jun Pyo, Moon represents JanDi):

FINAL:

pink_topaz06

Post by pink_topaz06 » May 14th, '09, 11:24

technohive wrote:Its currently shown in the Philippines

Erwin Santiago

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boys Over Flowers, the Korean version of the hit Taiwanese series Meteor Garden which starred the phenomenal F4, premiered last night, May 11, in ABS-CBN. The Korenovela generated a rating of 24.6 percent on its debut to place 8th overall.

May Bukas Pa still holds the crown as the No. 1 primetime series with 38.7 percent. Tayong Dalawa climbed to No. 2 with 37.5 percent, while Only You dropped to No. 3 with 36.8 percent.

Completing the Top 5 are TV Patrol World (29.1 percent) and Zorro (25.6 percent).

Occupying the rest of the Top 10 are 24 Oras, Totoy Bato, All About Eve, and Fated To Love You.

Meanwhile, the daytime race has a new leader. Precious Hearts Romances Presents Bud Brothers slipped past Wowowee; 23.2 percent vs. 22.9 percent.

They were followed by Kambal Sa Uma, Dapat Ka Bang Mahalin?, and Paano Ba ang Mangarap? to complete the Top 5.

Rated K topped the primetime race last Sunday, May 10, with 28.2 percent; while ASAP '09 led the daytime race with 18 percent.

The new season of Your Song Presents Boystown premiered strongly with 13.5 percent to place second. Janno Gibbs's new game show Power of 10 also had a modest start with 20.7 percent to rank fifth.

Maalaala Mo Kaya and Wowowee ruled the ratings game last Saturday, May 9.

Finally, May Bukas Pa and Wowowee were the topraters Friday, May 8.

Here are the comparative TV ratings of ABS-CBN and GMA-7 programs from May 8 to 11, based on the overnight ratings of Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) among national households:
sorry if i quoted the whole post. :D
uhm, i'm from the philippines, too so i'm just curious on how were you able to see all these ratings. and i love bof so i wanna know when bof will be able to be a part of the top 10. :D

pink_topaz06

Post by pink_topaz06 » May 14th, '09, 11:28

uhm, i'm from the philippines, too so i'm just curious on how were you able to see all these ratings. and i love bof so i wanna know when bof will be able to be a part of the top 10. :D

pink_topaz06

Post by pink_topaz06 » May 14th, '09, 11:29

Joreska

Post by Joreska » Jun 15th, '09, 07:51

Can anybody tell me who was the stylist in this drama? Jan Di's dresses so cute!!!

jicks

Post by jicks » Jun 15th, '09, 09:05

I enjoyed this version immensely but when I start looking back at the Japanese & Taiwanese versions, not to say that it was bad at all, I think BOF is probably a little overrated.
pink_topaz06 wrote:
I didn't like the Gu Jun Pyo memory loss part. I mean, I don't like the selective memory loss thing. And the only peson he doesn't remember is Geum JanDi. And he lost his memory for just a short time. Making it less exciting. :-(
^That's actually the way it's meant to be.
In the Meteor Garden II, the writers made Dao Ming Si lose all his memory, forgetting Shan Cai completely. He didn't even maintain that burning, natural protective instinct to save her when she was in danger. I remember, many fans of the anime/manga were really upset at how they changed the plot this way. It was unnatural for the Domyouij character to be completely lacking in feelings towards Makino.
srs.cassiopeia wrote:This series could have been really good! Had their editing been better, had they chosen the scenes more wisely with better pacing, had the writing been more consistent (for the sake of Jandi’s character!), Kkotboda Namja could have been so good...
^Sorry, I had to edit your post but I didn't want to quote too much!

I agree w/ alot of the points you raised. I think the last 6 or 8 episodes let the series down... it was like they didn't know how to end it?? It all just got a little too "let's feel sorry for the main characters" for me. I think the story is mean to be more inspiring.

Contrary to many ppl's views, I thought Goo Hye Sun did a great job at acting her part. But I actually disliked the way her character was written! In the beginning, I loved JanDi, I loved her absolutely OTT feisty attitude. But as the story progressed, she seemed to lose that spark. I didn't see the same strength in her as I did in Makino or Shan Cai. It was like her soul would've disintegrated had she not ended up w/ Jun Pyo... so not the Makino spirit!

I also disliked the way JanDi forced herself into JiHoo's life ><" Fair enough help him out when he's down but she made no reservations in doing every possible cutesy, lovey-dovey coupley thing w/ him. No offense, but if I was Ga Eul I would've smacked JanDi upside the head & tied her up at home to stop her from meddling w/ Ji Hoo's heart. Poor boy T___T
Zarine wrote:1. Why oh why can't people recognize their ex-president and how did he become a doctor?
2. Who was Yi Jung referring to when he was talking about a "kid" in his sleep?
3. Can a person hear anything with a helmet on (Ji hoo using cell this way)?
4. Jae Kyung must really be stupid or pretending to not know the relationship between Jun Pyo and Jandi and just really manipulative.
^lol @ points 1+2. As for point 4, Jae Kyung most definitely knew (womanly instincts after all) but at the same time, everyone can be a little selfish at times when it comes to love. Sometimes you rather not believe certain things. But in the end, she realised, there is no point in keeping the man you want if their heart isn't with you.

Woo Bin, Ji Hoo & Joon Hee were by far my favourite characters in this series.

Joon Hee was awesome (not to mention, freaking gorgeous) xD

Woo Bin is ultimate cool. I loved the "Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo!" xDD I wish they gave him more screen time!

Out of all 3 versions, this is the only one where I seriously thought that Ji Hoo deserved to be w/ Jan Di more than Jun Pyo. I don't think at all Jun Pyo did nearly enough to prove to us he loved Jan Di just as much or more than Ji Hoo. I Min Ho + GHS had as much chemistry as they could've had.

It sounds like I despise BOF but I reiterate, I did very much enjoy it overall. I just don't think it is as great as many people claim it to be as I do see many flaws.

Karenuno

Post by Karenuno » Jun 16th, '09, 06:31

Joreska wrote:Can anybody tell me who was the stylist in this drama? Jan Di's dresses so cute!!!
Haha, i like her dresses, too,Goo Hye Sun looks so pretty and sweet in this drama

umi1978

Post by umi1978 » Jun 17th, '09, 06:48

Its currently showing up to ep 5 in the Singapore and the ratings is quite good. :lol

twistedmind

Post by twistedmind » Jun 22nd, '09, 06:11

I just finished watching this KDrama about a month ago. Don't take me wrong but the tandem of Kim Bum and Kim So Eun worked for me rather than the team-up of Lee Min Ho and Koo Hye Sun. Well, there's nothing wrong with Lee Min Ho. It's Koo Hye Sun who didn't really work for me. Her features doesn't quite match for a High School girl. I think she's too old to play the lead part. I think there are better actresses who could have played the role of JanDi. Just an opinion. :)

nemer028

Post by nemer028 » Jul 4th, '09, 09:04

this the 3rd remake of the manga hana yori dango
Watch this here:
http://moviez-db.co.nr/2009/07/abut-boy ... lower.html

dabogy

meteor garden

Post by dabogy » Jul 14th, '09, 09:33

whoever played each role for the meteor garden, it is expected that it was screened thoroughly to produce a quality movie to watch.
just sit back and lets watch
I love the original version.. :salut:

funtango

Post by funtango » Jun 28th, '10, 06:09

i enjoyed the version immensely..the role played by each one was remarkable.

same day flowers[/url]

galford9

Post by galford9 » Jul 15th, '10, 07:05

I think it's a good remake from the Taiwan version, even much better. I really like watching these version