Boys Before Flowers (KBS2) Korean version of "Meteor Ga

Discuss Korean drama series here.
User avatar
Iki_Iki_Banaan
Posts: 68
Joined: May 15th, '08, 12:56
Location: Joongie's heart
Contact:

Post by Iki_Iki_Banaan » Jan 6th, '09, 03:52

ooh how was the first ep? ^^

wondering who will sub this o:
i hope "with s2" ^^ they are good ;D
waah, cant wait till its subbed (:

ill help seeding the subbed eps ^^""
Image
Image Tokyo Dogs ❤ IRIS Image

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jan 6th, '09, 04:08

Just a little heads up, I'll be uploading the NotoriouS mkv file.
Honey, honey, honey...

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 6th, '09, 04:19

About how long will it be before you upload it?
Should I stick around another half an hour or just wait for tomorrow?

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jan 6th, '09, 04:21

lmaonade wrote:About how long will it be before you upload it?
Should I stick around another half an hour or just wait for tomorrow?
Probably tomorrow.
The person is still uploading it so I have to wait an hour or two before I can download it. Should finished when I get up.

EDIT: I really don't know if it will be up tonight. But if it is, I'll download it and upload it tomorrow morning. If its not, I'll download it in the morning at post it at about 3 PM PST

EDIT again: Still not done being uploaded.
Last edited by Zealousy on Jan 6th, '09, 23:40, edited 3 times in total.
Honey, honey, honey...

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 6th, '09, 04:22

kk thx

kbsamerica
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 6th, '09, 21:09

Post by kbsamerica » Jan 6th, '09, 21:16

When is US going to make Meteor Garden? Taiwan, Japan, Korea already did. But, China and Hong Kong have not.

petemoooo
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 4th, '08, 00:21

--'

Post by petemoooo » Jan 7th, '09, 04:59

kbsamerica wrote:When is US going to make Meteor Garden? Taiwan, Japan, Korea already did. But, China and Hong Kong have not.
are you seriously asking for a US version of this? tried watching my sassy girl US version and tell me if American directors really did get the asian drama style. may be they will make it into another the oc or gossip girl.
theres a reason why a lot of americans think this is just another one of those soap opera type, no offense, all my friends are americans and thats how they viewed it. its too much of a cultural differences.

Arsenal1508
Posts: 117
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 18:10

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 7th, '09, 07:12

Frankly...I'm slightly pissed off. They're basically coping the exactly storyling of the Japanese version. I thought it'd be the same F4 but with a different story. Just watched the first episode subtitled version on veoh...and just feel it doesn't have its own identity. Granted the series just began but I wish it may a more original identity unlike the Japanese version which rocked.

Also...the main girl needs to get rid of that murshroom hairstyle and pin it back. She'd look way prettier that way.

Btw...here's the subbed version of the first episode: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14321611HXn ... g&order=cp

User avatar
kakeya
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 31st, '08, 22:40

Post by kakeya » Jan 7th, '09, 13:48

Well, since both of the dramas are based on the same manga the storyline can't logically be too different. The korean version has shown some slight differences in the plot already, but just like Arsenal I'd want them to explore some of the twists the japanese verison didn't have so it would't feel like I'm merely re-watching the show.

On the positive side, I have to say that the cast for F4 is a hundred times hotter than the japanese cast (MatsuJun and Oguri fans are going to kill me for this :D )

User avatar
Corona
Posts: 160
Joined: Sep 20th, '05, 11:19
Location: Netherlands

Post by Corona » Jan 7th, '09, 15:18

I'm not sure what you'd expect Arsenal, both of them are based on the manga, which so far has been followed extremely close by Meteor Garden, rather close by HYD and pretty close by KHYD. I don't see what the fuss is all about. If you'd expect a totally different story I think you'd have to watch another drama not based on Hana Yori Dango ;)
Image

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 8th, '09, 01:58

wow...that guy is freaking fast with the subs, but i'm still going to wait for WITH S2 subs, and hopefully they won't drop the project since someone is already posting the subs in streaming.

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jan 8th, '09, 05:58

All the 720p I can find got deleted. I only managed to get 1.2GB/1.5GB.
Honey, honey, honey...

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 8th, '09, 06:25

kakeya wrote:Well, since both of the dramas are based on the same manga the storyline can't logically be too different. The korean version has shown some slight differences in the plot already, but just like Arsenal I'd want them to explore some of the twists the japanese verison didn't have so it would't feel like I'm merely re-watching the show.
i totally agree things that was add in the beginning which was really nice i have to say :P

On the positive side, I have to say that the cast for F4 is a hundred times hotter than the japanese cast (MatsuJun and Oguri fans are going to kill me for this :D
yea i think they might :whistling:
:cheers: Image :wub:

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 8th, '09, 12:30

Zealousy wrote:All the 720p I can find got deleted. I only managed to get 1.2GB/1.5GB.
are they still 720p?
if not you should still upload them
1.5 gigs has got to be better quality than ental. no disrespect to him but sometimes i can't stand to watch his encodes, they get rly grainy.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 8th, '09, 17:05

one thing i really liked in this HYD korean drama... the actors really looked like from the ones in the manga. seriously they have closer resemblance than the HYD cast in Japan... (sorry for the HYDJ fans, though i am also a big fan on that version)

but i just had to say this. the hair, the bearing, the face... it looks like they're taken out of the manga and brought to life. :D love it!!!

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jan 9th, '09, 05:34

lmaonade wrote:
Zealousy wrote:All the 720p I can find got deleted. I only managed to get 1.2GB/1.5GB.
are they still 720p?
if not you should still upload them
1.5 gigs has got to be better quality than ental. no disrespect to him but sometimes i can't stand to watch his encodes, they get rly grainy.
The file is not complete, I only have the first hour of the file. I'll download and upload the 720p once another becomes available. Clubbox is really cracking down on copyright matters..
Honey, honey, honey...

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 9th, '09, 06:16

does anyone knows who is sings in the drama?
Last edited by misuzana on Jan 11th, '09, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
:cheers: Image :wub:

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 9th, '09, 12:31

Zealousy wrote:
lmaonade wrote:
Zealousy wrote:All the 720p I can find got deleted. I only managed to get 1.2GB/1.5GB.
are they still 720p?
if not you should still upload them
1.5 gigs has got to be better quality than ental. no disrespect to him but sometimes i can't stand to watch his encodes, they get rly grainy.
The file is not complete, I only have the first hour of the file. I'll download and upload the 720p once another becomes available. Clubbox is really cracking down on copyright matters..
thx for the info
sry about all the trouble ur having

User avatar
kakeya
Posts: 5
Joined: Dec 31st, '08, 22:40

Post by kakeya » Jan 9th, '09, 18:01

does anyine knows who is sing in the drama?
Umm...if you mean the ending song heard in the first 2 episodes it's "I'm Stupid" by SS501. The other song in the middle of the first episode is "Paradise" by T-Max.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jan 9th, '09, 22:32

Arsenal1508 wrote:Frankly...I'm slightly pissed off. They're basically coping the exactly storyling of the Japanese version. I thought it'd be the same F4 but with a different story. Just watched the first episode subtitled version on veoh...and just feel it doesn't have its own identity. Granted the series just began but I wish it may a more original identity unlike the Japanese version which rocked.

Also...the main girl needs to get rid of that murshroom hairstyle and pin it back. She'd look way prettier that way.
Hana Yori Dango is Hana Yori Dango. It's going to be similar. I expected similar story with different casts and different culture embedded in it. But after first episode, I probably won't continue. It's a disappointment. My favorite character Rui is killed --;

Anyhow it's not completely same I story I think. So far, Domyouji seems to act pretty mature compared to the manga (he doesn't seem as violent so far). Except he is still mean and stupid. If I were to watch, it would be for Domyouji cuz he's so stupid (and not just in grammar). ^^; yea..I think he's the highlight of episode 1 for me. I usually don't really like Domyouji that much. There's so many complaints I have for episode one I don't want to bother to keep watching. It would just upset me.

kudoushinichi
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 03:26

Post by kudoushinichi » Jan 10th, '09, 08:06

Just skimming the first episode, and I think I'm not impressed. Doumyouji is good-looking, but that's just the ONLY good thing I could find from this episode. Rui and Makino are total let-downs.

1aco
Posts: 48
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 10:14
Location: Denmark

Post by 1aco » Jan 10th, '09, 09:30

love it so far... it is not perfect but I Think it is a matter of time to understand the character and somehow warm up to them... The main cast are good.......love Jan Di she is perfect ... . maybe some of F4 character are left out but I think we will see more of them later in the drama sens most of us knows how the story will fold out.........





---------------------------------

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jan 10th, '09, 12:53

Looks aside, I don't find them bad looking. But story/directing wise it could have been better. Not that good. And acting is not up to par. Well, I usually notice the main characters. I don't like the actress's look for Makino. Domyouji seems to fit the bill. Very tall. Better than matsujun who's too short for the role. Rui...KHJ needs to go back to acting class, he's not analyzing his character correctly. You would think Rui would be the easiest role to play cuz he hardly talks. But it seems this proves to be the hardest role.

User avatar
xxemz19xx
Posts: 70
Joined: Mar 1st, '08, 17:48
Location: England

Post by xxemz19xx » Jan 10th, '09, 14:09

I Love it!!!

I'm a huge fan of the Japanese series so I was unsure about watching it... However I think I made the right choice ^^
I think the ALL the actors are great choices. I'm not going to compare with the Japanese actors because I think it is unfair. There could be improvements but the actors cast are all fairly new.... It was going to be the same Story its based on the same manga, what were people expecting? Its sad to see that some people have already made their minds to not like the drama already, is it loyalty to the Japanese version?

I however am hoping we see more character development with the mains I see a lot of potentcial from Jan Di and Jun Pyo

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jan 10th, '09, 19:36

It's not loyalty to the Japanese drama. I have no loyalties to any particular culture. okay fine. I'll smack KHJ first since that upsets me the most. First impression of him. Why do they need to show him playing the violin immediately? It felt like that's the only way to identify him as Rui. Later looking at him from an angle, I thought he was a girl. The hair is too long. He's not looking princely more like girly. Then hearing him yawn on the stairway and then you see him and his eyes are wide open. Usually if people just woke up from a nap, their eyes are half closed cuz they're drowsy from sleeping. This happened twice. His eyes were wide open. If he didn't yawn or strech, I wouldn't have known he was sleeping earlier. There was scene of Domyouji making Makino lick his shoe. I was expecting Rui to do something about it but fine he didn't, but he looked away as if in arrogance. Rui isn't arrogant. Then there's scene at stairway where Makino is all dirty. Rui was helping Makino wipe away flour or whatever. I just felt it was so awkward the way he did it. Firstly, Rui is austic and an introvert. That's why he only likes Shizuka. He's only close to people he knows. He wouldn't touch another girl unless they were close. And even if Rui were to wipe, it would be gracefully. But that didn't look graceful. Maybe difference of culture? Koreans just aren't graceful? (wait, that's not true. KJW was pretty graceful and princely in my love patzzi) Anyhow I think it would have been better if Rui just handed Makino the handerchief and let her do it herself. It's the gesture that counts. That's also a closer Rui since he doesn't know Makino well, so wouldn't be that nice to her. Even he himself says don't bother returning the handerchief to me.

About the story itself. It wasn't so funny. Some scenes they try to make funny wasn't. Maybe a difference of culture humour? Anyhow I know this is hanadan and things don't always make sense like how can a poor girl attend a rich school. The Korean version seems to make it more realistic by saying she was invited to go. But the way they went about it is so up there. No one notices F4 in school abuses students they don't like? Then some girl comes and saves one of the student and it becomes headlines and everyone makes such a big deal about it. But after Makino is invited to the school, everyone forgets about it. And I get the impression schools in Korea don't seem to have swimming pools? Is that common? I thought at least some schools would have them at least. How would they swim and have competitions otherwise or don't they? KHYD seems to make it like only the very rich schools have swimming pools.

Another weird thing. Makino seems to work for her dad at the dry cleaners. But she also works at a restaurant? She holds 2 jobs and goes to school?

LoveWillB4U
Posts: 52
Joined: May 4th, '06, 06:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by LoveWillB4U » Jan 11th, '09, 01:23

Did anyone notice the song in the gameroom? It was from "My Girl" right? That was a nice flashback. Also, doesn't Jang Di sort of look like Nodame a little bit? I'm not talking about how they act or anything... just basic face structure.
Currently Subbing:
Completed Dramas: Gakko ja Oshierarenai! [ENG]
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63522.htm

User avatar
Chen Yisi
Posts: 173
Joined: Feb 28th, '08, 00:07
Location: Reading/Paris

Post by Chen Yisi » Jan 11th, '09, 01:28

LoveWillB4U wrote:Did anyone notice the song in the gameroom? It was from "My Girl" right?
When I heard the song I was "Noooooo way!!!!", it was funny because I had just finished to rewatch My Girl few days ago.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the Korean version and I think Min Ho is the better Tsukasa (so far) who is a mix between the crazy one played by MatsuJun and Jerry Yan's good look.
Image

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 435
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 11th, '09, 01:32

Well, I'm finally done with the first two episodes and while I wasn't totally impressed, I was entertained enough. I've already learned to ignore all the illogical and unrealistic stuff, because face it, HanaDan is illogical and unrealistic.
Anyway, Domyoji and Nishikado were the highlights for me. At first I thought Lee Min Ho looked ridiculous with the ahjumma hairdo, but damn, he was so hot! :lol And Kim Bum, he's just soooo fine! They were really good acting-wise, too. (Jun Pyo, how in the world can you be so conceited? :lol )
I agree that Hyun Joong was a bit stiff, but he was better than I thought. While Rui is my favorite of the bunch, too, his character is also the stupidest. The fact that he's supposed to be autistic... wow, the mangaka must have no idea what an autistic person is like. Rui has always been (in every HanaDan) way too sensetive to human emotion to be autistic.
The only thing I didn't like was Kim Joon as Akira. When he did that "Yo! Yo! Bro!" -thing (first episode, in the restaurant)... Soooo disgusting and not in a good way! :-(

garnet07
Posts: 536
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jan 11th, '09, 01:56

As someone who has watched the anime version, Meteor Garden and HYD Japanese version, I thought this version was pretty good. The main guy playing Doumyoji really looks and can actually act like his role. The girl playing Makino is funny and oh ya LOVE her kick :lol . I was waiting for the punch like the Japanese version, but I thought wow Korean took the cake with a strong back kick.

For the story ... well first for those people who complain that the story is a copy of HYD japanese version .... well duh what do you expect .. it came from a manga and without the manga, there wouldn't be HYD or Boys Over Flowers. Oh and without the dumb, violent Doumyoji, there wouldn't be F4 . People read the original source first before complaining why something is similar or why can't they change it. As for the introduction of Rui playing his violin, I think they introduced him that way too in the anime (yes it is old, but that was the first HYD I watched/read first and how I came to love the story).

From comment above, true I got irritated by Akira as well and his Yo yo u yoyo (u know crazy) stuff. I mean it got lame every time he does it.

Anyways, good first two episodes and waiting for more episodes to come out.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
akiko-chico
Posts: 153
Joined: Apr 5th, '08, 05:57
Location: Australia

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 11th, '09, 02:04

I really enjoyed the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango. I know people have their perception already of what and how characters should act, but you should watch it as if this was the first HYD you've seen and not judge on the previous versions. The reason the manga is doing so well is because it's a great story and that's why so many versions have been made.

I like the two eps so far, and yep definitely liked the flyer kick lol :lol
Can't wait for more eps :cheers:
Imagecredit: absolutemblaq

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 435
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 11th, '09, 02:39

garnet07 wrote: As for the introduction of Rui playing his violin, I think they introduced him that way too in the anime (yes it is old, but that was the first HYD I watched/read first and how I came to love the story).
I thought that, too!
I also got thinking, when seirin mentioned that it's totally unlike Rui to wipe the flour off of Makino... Help me here, garnet, do I remember totally wrong if I say that in the anime Rui actually grabbed Makino into his arms when those people were chasing her after the red card? Then Shizuka took her to the bathroom to clean her up... Right?
So, while my memory is a bit fuzzy (it's been years since I've watched it), if I'm right, they've downplayed that a lot in the live action versions. Wiping flour off of her is nothing.

donna8157
Posts: 396
Joined: Feb 11th, '04, 19:38
Location: USA

Post by donna8157 » Jan 11th, '09, 04:41

Hello. I've been reading through a few comments about the drama thus far and agree with most of it. I've read the manga and watched both the Taiwanese and Japanese versions. First of all, I don't like the choice for Rui at all and Rui was my favorite character in the series. I don't think he fits the role. Rui is supposed to be quiet and reserved, but graceful. He's supposed to look nonchalant, but I'm finding that his acting is either way too detached or he has this look of stupidity. Lol.

There are also a lot of inconsistencies within the story like how Makino got into this school. One of the main premises of the show was that her parents were poor, but wanted her to go to this special school and paid whatever money they had so she could attend. So many things happen later in the manga that revolve around the difficulties with her parents' financial status and the movement of the plot.

On the positives though - I love their choice for Domyouji. I think he's perfect for the role. Same with Nishikado. It's unfortunate that he's much better looking than Rui.

As for Makino, I didn't like her very much in the beginning - but as I continued with the second episode - it wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

Lichan_
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 26th, '05, 23:06

Post by Lichan_ » Jan 11th, '09, 04:56

I'm quite disappointed with the Korean version.
Of course it is still the beginning and I know I should judge it once it is finished but still...
In my point of view the actors are well elected but... the story is kind of weak and lacks of consistency...

I hope my way of thinking changes once finished. :-)

garnet07
Posts: 536
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jan 11th, '09, 06:35

SSpiegel wrote:
garnet07 wrote: As for the introduction of Rui playing his violin, I think they introduced him that way too in the anime (yes it is old, but that was the first HYD I watched/read first and how I came to love the story).
I thought that, too!
I also got thinking, when seirin mentioned that it's totally unlike Rui to wipe the flour off of Makino... Help me here, garnet, do I remember totally wrong if I say that in the anime Rui actually grabbed Makino into his arms when those people were chasing her after the red card? Then Shizuka took her to the bathroom to clean her up... Right?
So, while my memory is a bit fuzzy (it's been years since I've watched it), if I'm right, they've downplayed that a lot in the live action versions. Wiping flour off of her is nothing.
I can't remember the anime exactly, but I do remember that they did a lot of harsher things to Makino than the Live Action. And Rui then grabbed Makino by her hand and lifted her up and carried her to another room and Doumyoji was shocked with that. I do remember Shizuka helping out Makino afterwards, but I don't think she was actually right next to Rui when he was helping Makino out.

Ahh, also is it just me or does the actor for Doumyoji look like the younger version of Ju Jin Mo

Image

and Rui as younger version of Bae Yong Jun

Image
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

minuberry
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 18th, '06, 10:30
Location: NJ

Post by minuberry » Jan 11th, '09, 07:03

kbsamerica wrote:When is US going to make Meteor Garden? Taiwan, Japan, Korea already did. But, China and Hong Kong have not.
Actually, I believe China just announced they are also making a new Meteor Garden.
It seems like every Asian country wants to jump in the band wagon.

Also back in dec. The mangaka of HYD visited Korea secretly (well.. not so secret anymore that there are articles out) and saw the cast of KHYD and loved them. She drew a picture of the cast in manga form and she also changed Makino's hairstyle to match with the actress playing the role's hairstyle. It was really cute^^

petite6stix
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 3rd, '09, 19:34

Post by petite6stix » Jan 11th, '09, 16:04

Okay, is it just me or does this Rui remind you of Michael Jackson after his third nose operation? Adding, this Rui's silent acting for brooding and mysterious is a bust which means he won't be my favorite in this series but if his character talks more I could think of something else besides "Ma-ma-se, ma-ma-sa, ma-ma-kossa,"

Domyouji's role is well played and Makino's too. The actress is talented and adds a interesting dynamic to the cast BUT she also annoys me and her hair cut is dangerously taking over her performance...who ever did that should be fired. It's too early to say if I'm going to enjoy this series but good so far.

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '09, 23:17

LoveWillB4U wrote:Did anyone notice the song in the gameroom? It was from "My Girl" right? That was a nice flashback. Also, doesn't Jang Di sort of look like Nodame a little bit? I'm not talking about how they act or anything... just basic face structure.
yea i did but didn't want to say anything :D yea more like the hair and color
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '09, 23:24

garnet07 wrote:As someone who has watched the anime version, Meteor Garden and HYD Japanese version, I thought this version was pretty good. The main guy playing Doumyoji really looks and can actually act like his role. The girl playing Makino is funny and oh ya LOVE her kick :lol . I was waiting for the punch like the Japanese version, but I thought wow Korean took the cake with a strong back kick.

.
Now for me that was one of the biggest difference fromm all the others
but nonetheless unexpected
i like that part good job :cheers:
damn she could kick :P
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '09, 23:26

kakeya wrote:
does anyine knows who is sing in the drama?
Umm...if you mean the ending song heard in the first 2 episodes it's "I'm Stupid" by SS501. The other song in the middle of the first episode is "Paradise" by T-Max.
oh ok thankz
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 11th, '09, 23:33

petite6stix wrote:Okay, is it just me or does this Rui remind you of Michael Jackson after his third nose operation? Adding, this Rui's silent acting for brooding and mysterious is a bust which means he won't be my favorite in this series but if his character talks more I could think of something else besides "Ma-ma-se, ma-ma-sa, ma-ma-kossa,"

.
^^ :mrgreen: :rofl:
:cheers: Image :wub:

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 12th, '09, 00:05

i'm enjoying this series a lot
it's not the japanese one
and that's good
watching the same thing over again would be boring
dont' rly have any complaints so far
looking forward to the rest of the eps

lol and i love the "yo yo yo" parts
made me lol

User avatar
spiral_flare
Posts: 16
Joined: May 13th, '06, 17:50

Post by spiral_flare » Jan 12th, '09, 06:15

I actually really like this drama. I can't wait for episode 3 and 4 which come out tomorrow. Though it will take a little while with the subbing.

hidoiyatsu
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 6th, '09, 10:11

Post by hidoiyatsu » Jan 12th, '09, 06:24

out of curiousity, are the 720p versions still available anywhere?

User avatar
wrongwaves
Posts: 13
Joined: Jul 12th, '07, 19:50
Location: Mx

Post by wrongwaves » Jan 12th, '09, 07:01

I really enjoyed this drama, I waited for so long to watch korean version, it's just I think Hana Yori Dango it's quite overrated and Meter Garden umm.. I don't like it at all, mostly I don't like Xu Xi Yuan :)

I'm sure there will be more surprises and I like the changes in the story. It's korean version, nobody said that this version will be the same as previous.
Image

athene121
Posts: 25
Joined: Aug 11th, '08, 04:57

Post by athene121 » Jan 12th, '09, 08:57

Some mixed comments in here. Mine's going to be almost entirely on the pros rather than cons of this drama.

I wasn't initially planning to watch or like this drama at all, but I actually watched this drama twice - once without subtitles and then again with WITH S2's subs. And both times were absolutely entertaining! Which is surprising for me since I prefer serious dramas like 'Time Between Dog and Wolf.' But I so enjoyed eps. 1 & 2. While not 100% perfect, they still rocked and really lightened up my week! It's really just the little things that I found entertaining to enjoy, analyze, and write this long commentary for:

1. I liked how they started off by introducing the Shinhwa group and how it dominates the Korean market and economy. It really gives us a bigger picture outlook to the whole drama and the world they live in. The opening really drew me in because we realize this show is not going to be as bubble-gummy and glycirine-drenched as most romance/comedy high-school dramas are. It's pretty clear by the first fiew mins. of the first episode that - whether it's the news channel, commercials, newspapers, blogs, etc. - the media is going to play a much larger role in this series than before. If ever. And the way how F4 supporters spread news and gossips via cell phones kind of reminds me of a familiar U.S. mature teen drama show currently airing... :whistling: But, it's all good and well done!

2. The way she saved the kid who was contending suicide is a little far-fetched, I'll admit. He was waaaay heavier than her, so how could she have managed?! But I still liked that Boys Before Flower gave a rationale why someone like Jan Di attends the school - esp. since her family has every reason to conserve money. Already it's really different from TW and J versions. Plus, the violence is really... .gruesome. Wow. My friend was flinching the whole time the poor boy got beaten and bloodied up. But that's how it is, I guess. Already, we're off to a pretty good start. Not bad!

3. F4 enters. Yes, yes, yes! MatsuJun and Oguri finally have got competition. These K-actors are PERFECT. The playboys are funny. Ji Hoo is aloof as he should be. And the leading man, Gu Jun Pyo! When he is not smiling in a goofy way or acting conceited... he is actually frightfully handsome when he is solemn or serious. Also, I never really cared much for the other two minor F4 playboys in past adaptations, but I really like them in this one. I think it's just because of their good looks or that they have more charisma or something. But for once, I am going to be paying close attention to all four members of F4 - not just Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo.

4. I'll skip over the torture scenes. Jan Di is what I want to focus on. When I see this drama, I don't think of Gu Hye Sun as Makino. Because she's not! She plays the role in a new way. And that's why I like her. She is cute in her own way. Unlike past Makinos, she is a bit more coarse and rough around the edges. Not cute like Barbie Hsu or bubbly like Inoue Mao. But she does her job well when she's hurt. Or when she yells for "More! Do more!" to F4 supporters while being egged and bullied.

5. Any scene with Jan Di telling Jun Pyo off is hillarious and well worth watching. 'Nough said.

6. I LOVE the editing in this drama! I love how there was more to the convo after Jan Di leaves Jun Pyo to his confusion ("Where did I go wrong") when she is kidnapped and brought to his mansion for a little airbrushing and ... 'wooing'. I'm glad they decided to flashback the part where she tells him seriously and with less venom, "You use your heart to reach out to others." It's good that they flash-backed this bit of dialogue because most of the 'Proposal scene' was quite comedic and entertaining while the latter part of the flash-back convo is more somber in tone. Esp. since we know and find out later just how lonely Jun Pyo really is. And to cap it all off, I loved Lee Min Ho's face and reaction when she explains how there are some things that exist cannot be purchased with money. And I love that they decided to leave us hanging with no answer when he asks, "Is there really? Tell me up front and right now if you are that confident. Is there something that cannot be bought with money?" It's almost like he's pleading with her to help him get the thing his parents never gave him. The one thing he never had in his life. The one thing that leaves a void in his heart that's so unbearable that he tries to compensate and get by in the world by trying to making others feel unworthy and empty as he feels. Aww...

7. Oh, I almost forgot! The exact moment when Jun Pyo starts to like Jan Di! In the past installations, which I have not seen in a long, long time, I think it was always when Makino hits Tsukasa. But in the K-version, it seems that it's not just the high-flying kick that makes Jun Pyo fall for Jan Di; I really believe it's because of the the whole proceeding "I am chaste, innocent, and haven't had my first kiss yet, you dolt" speech rather than the twisting, back-kick that makes Jun Pyo so ... I dunno, aroused? I am not sure what the kick is supposed to accomplish because she already stood up to him once before - when she smudged her ice cream in his face and give him the Jan Di Dry Cleaning business card- that was the funniest and best fight between them. Ever! Even better than past versions! But yeah, I think he really falls for her when she realizes just how bold she is and hey... he is a guy. Can you blame him for thinking she's into him when a girl starts throwing around phrases like "sleeping around with" and 'kissing'? I'm sure his mind and hormones went into overdrive right then and there. Hahahaha! I like! :P It's a bit more ... realistic? Not sure if that's even the right word here, but so, far so good!

8. Aww... the part where he tries to clean up her bloody nose... aww! That was tender, even though he is still a bit arrogant. I just loved Jun Pyo's sympathetic look - both times when she is bloodied up on the field and publicly humiliated at Seo Hyun's homecoming party. The acting is just so much different, and, yes, better in these two scenes. I really love this new love-struck K-version of Tsukasa. And omg - that brief shower scene? *drool* Sorry, I just had to mention it b/c Min Ho is HOT in that scene! I've never seen a naked Tsukasa before. WOO! But, above all, this I love how the director really focuses on Min Ho's little reactions and facial expressions to the situations he finds Jan Di stuck in after he starts to crush on her. And how he dropped his plate when she enters with Seo Hyun all dolled up and pretty as a swan. And how *perfectly* the emotions of jealousy is carved into every countour and lines of Jun Pyo's face when Ji Hoo offers to dance w/ Jandi.

9. Han Chae Young as Seo Hyun is absolutely beautiful! And I love how she tells off the three shallow and evil girls solemnly like a mother rather than spraying them with water or drinks. She keeps in line with her role and acts really quite... mature. I love her already!

10. I am glad Jan Di had that little chat with Seo Hyun about Jun Pyo in the dressing room. Obviously, as a result (and from what we know of the preview trailers), Jan Di is going to be more sympathetic towards Jun Pyo but I'm glad they give a reason before they just follow the manga story lines. I'm looking fwd to the bit where Jun Pyo falls into the swimming pool, and Jan Di the Wonder Woman saves him. Maybe they have filmed kiss scene a bit differently - she may do a bit CPR and Jun Pyo takes the opportunity to kiss her? Maybe? I'm just hoping here. I guess we'll wait and see!

All in all, this is a really great start to what I think will be a very different and entertaining take on the manga series! K-dramas are so refreshing and their editing and plot lines are much more tighter. I love it! I can't wait 'til tomorrow!

Peas out! :salut:

User avatar
yobuseyo
Posts: 57
Joined: Feb 20th, '08, 14:25

Post by yobuseyo » Jan 12th, '09, 11:39

ok. here's my opinion:

-first of all i like the main actress.i think she fits in her role. she is not that boyish nor too girlish.

-second i really like the f4 except "hanazawa rui". i dont like his acting. i dont like his attitude..

-but doumyoji, akira, sojiro are super fantastic especially joon pyo(doumyoji). i think he is succesful in showing us an arrogant but actually a lovely and lonely person. (of course he is very handsome :D)

as for the storyline, its mostly the same as the anime with a little bit diffrences.but i dont think that it would be a problem. they would do like this: jandi's parents will have financal problems and joon pyos mother will force them to take jandi from the school or sth like that..

anyways it will be good drama. after all its hana yori dango! and korean version! wow ! what can i want anymore??
thanks to the subbing team.!

User avatar
AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 634
Joined: Apr 20th, '06, 00:50
Contact:

Post by AkumaX » Jan 12th, '09, 16:26

OK I'm hoping real videophiles are reading this thread -_-

I have the 1280x720 h.264 .mkv, and surprisingly it comes with Chinese Softsubs (AND is 99% compatible with WithS2 ;))

edit: i know some people out there might have this video file (just rename your actual file to fit the torrent file name), so if you're out there, please help seed! :)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_69537.htm

garnet07
Posts: 536
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jan 12th, '09, 20:22

athene121 wrote:Some mixed comments in here. Mine's going to be almost entirely on the pros rather than cons of this drama.

I wasn't initially planning to watch or like this drama at all, but I actually watched this drama twice - once without subtitles and then again with WITH S2's subs. And both times were absolutely entertaining! Which is surprising for me since I prefer serious dramas like 'Time Between Dog and Wolf.' But I so enjoyed eps. 1 & 2. While not 100% perfect, they still rocked and really lightened up my week! It's really just the little things that I found entertaining to enjoy, analyze, and write this long commentary for:

1. I liked how they started off by introducing the Shinhwa group and how it dominates the Korean market and economy. It really gives us a bigger picture outlook to the whole drama and the world they live in. The opening really drew me in because we realize this show is not going to be as bubble-gummy and glycirine-drenched as most romance/comedy high-school dramas are. It's pretty clear by the first fiew mins. of the first episode that - whether it's the news channel, commercials, newspapers, blogs, etc. - the media is going to play a much larger role in this series than before. If ever. And the way how F4 supporters spread news and gossips via cell phones kind of reminds me of a familiar U.S. mature teen drama show currently airing... :whistling: But, it's all good and well done!

2. The way she saved the kid who was contending suicide is a little far-fetched, I'll admit. He was waaaay heavier than her, so how could she have managed?! But I still liked that Boys Before Flower gave a rationale why someone like Jan Di attends the school - esp. since her family has every reason to conserve money. Already it's really different from TW and J versions. Plus, the violence is really... .gruesome. Wow. My friend was flinching the whole time the poor boy got beaten and bloodied up. But that's how it is, I guess. Already, we're off to a pretty good start. Not bad!

3. F4 enters. Yes, yes, yes! MatsuJun and Oguri finally have got competition. These K-actors are PERFECT. The playboys are funny. Ji Hoo is aloof as he should be. And the leading man, Gu Jun Pyo! When he is not smiling in a goofy way or acting conceited... he is actually frightfully handsome when he is solemn or serious. Also, I never really cared much for the other two minor F4 playboys in past adaptations, but I really like them in this one. I think it's just because of their good looks or that they have more charisma or something. But for once, I am going to be paying close attention to all four members of F4 - not just Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo.

4. I'll skip over the torture scenes. Jan Di is what I want to focus on. When I see this drama, I don't think of Gu Hye Sun as Makino. Because she's not! She plays the role in a new way. And that's why I like her. She is cute in her own way. Unlike past Makinos, she is a bit more coarse and rough around the edges. Not cute like Barbie Hsu or bubbly like Inoue Mao. But she does her job well when she's hurt. Or when she yells for "More! Do more!" to F4 supporters while being egged and bullied.

5. Any scene with Jan Di telling Jun Pyo off is hillarious and well worth watching. 'Nough said.

6. I LOVE the editing in this drama! I love how there was more to the convo after Jan Di leaves Jun Pyo to his confusion ("Where did I go wrong") when she is kidnapped and brought to his mansion for a little airbrushing and ... 'wooing'. I'm glad they decided to flashback the part where she tells him seriously and with less venom, "You use your heart to reach out to others." It's good that they flash-backed this bit of dialogue because most of the 'Proposal scene' was quite comedic and entertaining while the latter part of the flash-back convo is more somber in tone. Esp. since we know and find out later just how lonely Jun Pyo really is. And to cap it all off, I loved Lee Min Ho's face and reaction when she explains how there are some things that exist cannot be purchased with money. And I love that they decided to leave us hanging with no answer when he asks, "Is there really? Tell me up front and right now if you are that confident. Is there something that cannot be bought with money?" It's almost like he's pleading with her to help him get the thing his parents never gave him. The one thing he never had in his life. The one thing that leaves a void in his heart that's so unbearable that he tries to compensate and get by in the world by trying to making others feel unworthy and empty as he feels. Aww...

7. Oh, I almost forgot! The exact moment when Jun Pyo starts to like Jan Di! In the past installations, which I have not seen in a long, long time, I think it was always when Makino hits Tsukasa. But in the K-version, it seems that it's not just the high-flying kick that makes Jun Pyo fall for Jan Di; I really believe it's because of the the whole proceeding "I am chaste, innocent, and haven't had my first kiss yet, you dolt" speech rather than the twisting, back-kick that makes Jun Pyo so ... I dunno, aroused? I am not sure what the kick is supposed to accomplish because she already stood up to him once before - when she smudged her ice cream in his face and give him the Jan Di Dry Cleaning business card- that was the funniest and best fight between them. Ever! Even better than past versions! But yeah, I think he really falls for her when she realizes just how bold she is and hey... he is a guy. Can you blame him for thinking she's into him when a girl starts throwing around phrases like "sleeping around with" and 'kissing'? I'm sure his mind and hormones went into overdrive right then and there. Hahahaha! I like! :P It's a bit more ... realistic? Not sure if that's even the right word here, but so, far so good!

8. Aww... the part where he tries to clean up her bloody nose... aww! That was tender, even though he is still a bit arrogant. I just loved Jun Pyo's sympathetic look - both times when she is bloodied up on the field and publicly humiliated at Seo Hyun's homecoming party. The acting is just so much different, and, yes, better in these two scenes. I really love this new love-struck K-version of Tsukasa. And omg - that brief shower scene? *drool* Sorry, I just had to mention it b/c Min Ho is HOT in that scene! I've never seen a naked Tsukasa before. WOO! But, above all, this I love how the director really focuses on Min Ho's little reactions and facial expressions to the situations he finds Jan Di stuck in after he starts to crush on her. And how he dropped his plate when she enters with Seo Hyun all dolled up and pretty as a swan. And how *perfectly* the emotions of jealousy is carved into every countour and lines of Jun Pyo's face when Ji Hoo offers to dance w/ Jandi.

9. Han Chae Young as Seo Hyun is absolutely beautiful! And I love how she tells off the three shallow and evil girls solemnly like a mother rather than spraying them with water or drinks. She keeps in line with her role and acts really quite... mature. I love her already!

10. I am glad Jan Di had that little chat with Seo Hyun about Jun Pyo in the dressing room. Obviously, as a result (and from what we know of the preview trailers), Jan Di is going to be more sympathetic towards Jun Pyo but I'm glad they give a reason before they just follow the manga story lines. I'm looking fwd to the bit where Jun Pyo falls into the swimming pool, and Jan Di the Wonder Woman saves him. Maybe they have filmed kiss scene a bit differently - she may do a bit CPR and Jun Pyo takes the opportunity to kiss her? Maybe? I'm just hoping here. I guess we'll wait and see!

All in all, this is a really great start to what I think will be a very different and entertaining take on the manga series! K-dramas are so refreshing and their editing and plot lines are much more tighter. I love it! I can't wait 'til tomorrow!

Peas out! :salut:
Couldn't have said it any better myself. I don't get why some people get too critical or hate the Korean version so much. I know we'll be comparing all the different versions, but there are a lot of refreshing scenes going on with the Korean version. It's entertaining and interesting to see how a time old fairytale (well the Cinderella story has been redone so many times but no one complains about it) can have different interpretations depending on the culture.

Here's a warning before watching the first episode then, have a low expectation initially (like I did since I've seen pretty much all versions) and once you start watching, let it take you to another world of HYD, enjoy it for the story and stop analyzing details like your nitpicking everything.
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 183
Joined: May 27th, '07, 21:21
Location: Texas

Post by XiaoPauli » Jan 12th, '09, 21:23

garnet07 wrote:Here's a warning before watching the first episode then, have a low expectation initially (like I did since I've seen pretty much all versions) and once you start watching, let it take you to another world of HYD, enjoy it for the story and stop analyzing details like your nitpicking everything.
This is honestly a very good comment, and I also agree. Since I'm posting I also wanted to give my perspective.

I decided to check out the show out of curiosity and really had a great time watching it. Pure fun. Then I went here to check out the thread to see what other people thought. At first, while reading through this thread, I was kind of amazed (in a bad way) seeing the comments made by the people here. For example:

* When people were making harsh, negative comments about the appearances of the characters, I thought, "Holy crap, these people are shallow."
* When people starting writing what seemed like a thesis discussion comparing the different versions, I thought, "You have to be kidding me..."

Then I remembered that there are hardcore HYD fans obsessed with stuff like that, and their tastes differ from casual fans like us. I know that I have hardcore interests in Korean music and Hong Kong movies, so I can relate to those people. I've decided to let the HYD fanatics have their fun and just skip their posts. :D

But onto serious matters. Lead actress is cute hawt.
Attachments
Koo Hye Sun (small).jpg
Koo Hye Sun (small).jpg (151.08 KiB) Viewed 1176 times

obb_18
Posts: 6
Joined: Feb 2nd, '07, 16:06

Post by obb_18 » Jan 13th, '09, 03:48

Any info on where to get the HQ clip of KHYD opening title (I mean...like Ental ver.)?

I like such a title but it's always cut off HDTV rips found here.

Many thanks for your help!

yeonga
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 13th, '09, 04:53

Post by yeonga » Jan 13th, '09, 05:05

I am so far liking the series. I think the chemistry is pretty good. The Korean Rui is not bad. He's not as aloof and coarse as Shun's portrayal. I am waiting to see how he develops.

The actor playing Jun Pyo is perfect for the part. I agree with Jan Di, I hate that hair do he has but at different angles when he's not being silly or snarky, in seriousness as someone else said ... he's very handsome. The actor is doing good with subtle expression.

Koo Hye Sun is a good fit for Jan DI. I like what someone said about her not being as refined. I think this gives the character a more realistic feel. She feels less fabricated. I too love her telling off Jun Pyo. I like this interpretation so far. I can't wait for more episodes.

Goodnessgracious
Posts: 67
Joined: Jul 12th, '07, 00:18
Location: UK

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 13th, '09, 20:34

I am trying to like this drama, but so far (after watching episodes 1-3) I have more critisisms than praises.

- the sountrack is dreadful
-the f4 guys are good except for the one who plays Rui. Kim Hyun Joong is sooo stiff, he literally ruins most of the scenes
- Jan Di hates Jun Pyo for no particular reason. The worst he has done was spilling juice on some guy's uniform.
- the sequence is messed up. In one scene Jan Di pushes Jun Pyo away and obviously hates him, but then in the next scene they are sitting in the bar like they are best of friends
- the special effects are silly. In episode 3 the ducks in the swimming pool are fake and the scene with younger f4 is badly done, it feels that drama producers did not have enough money to film it properly.
- Jandi is a stalker, she is following Ji Hoo everywhere
- some scenes are draggy and boring


I am not saying this drama is bad, it is just after HYD I was expecting something as awesome. The only advantage Korean version has so far is good looking cast. But I choose acting ability over looks, so it doesn't impress me at all.

sPark*
Posts: 13
Joined: Mar 11th, '06, 14:54

Post by sPark* » Jan 13th, '09, 22:24

Goodnessgracious wrote:I am trying to like this drama, but so far (after watching episodes 1-3) I have more critisisms than praises.

- the sountrack is dreadful
-the f4 guys are good except for the one who plays Rui. Kim Hyun Joong is sooo stiff, he literally ruins most of the scenes
- Jan Di hates Jun Pyo for no particular reason. The worst he has done was spilling juice on some guy's uniform.
- the sequence is messed up. In one scene Jan Di pushes Jun Pyo away and obviously hates him, but then in the next scene they are sitting in the bar like they are best of friends
- the special effects are silly. In episode 3 the ducks in the swimming pool are fake and the scene with younger f4 is badly done, it feels that drama producers did not have enough money to film it properly.
- Jandi is a stalker, she is following Ji Hoo everywhere
- some scenes are draggy and boring


I am not saying this drama is bad, it is just after HYD I was expecting something as awesome. The only advantage Korean version has so far is good looking cast. But I choose acting ability over looks, so it doesn't impress me at all.
i agree with some of ur criticisms. however jandi does have more reason to hate. remember the first episode? she inititally had a bad impression of F4 (led by junpyo) after having stopped the student from committing suicide. i mean, i would have a terrible impression of someone who had driven someone to such a fate. also junpyo rejected a girl's confession by smooshing the cake against her face. this all piles up (along with the juice spilling). to jandi all those actions just show how arrogrant and low junpyo is and so i dont think her hatred towards him is for "no particular reason"

i think the "special effects" are purposely done in such a way to seem "fake" since this is a manga/comic adaptation. it gives the drama a more manga-like feel, but thats how i take it. but i get how it may seem too fake. i think its kinda cute in a hilarious way.

also i dont take jandi as a stalker rather someone who is curious since jihoo is a mysterious person. (though i must say, hyunjoong's acting makes me cringe a lot ;X)

also i think all dramas have their fair share of "draggy and boring" scenes but i havent seen a whole lot in this one so far. i think if all the scenes (in general) add to the story or comedy or whatever. but thats just me.

i am going to do what i dont really do... compare.
ive only seen the japanese version (which i enjoyed very much). and so far i like the korean version.

its different and im GLAD its not the same. i like the new reasoning for jandi attending shinhwa high school because if they followed the manga or hyd completely then i would not really want to watch this. although i feel oguri shun made a much much better rui (*drool*) than hyunjoong, i believe minho makes a better domyoji. he is able to portray the childishness, arrogance, innocense, etc etc of domyoji while matsujun kinda was able to but not completely. also i love kimbum and kimjoon together. very cute chemistry lol. i liked shota and abe too but i dont think they had as much chemistry as bum and joon (haha bum) and of course i cant leave out jandi. i honestly prefer makino but i think jandi and makino are very different character portrayals. they both fit the drama they featured in. if makino were to be in this vers it wouldnt feel right. (and vice versa). i still like that both were/are tough yet still soft (?). [[side: guhyesun is a very pretty actress however jandi should not be over the top pretty since shes supposed to be an average girl. but still, i dont like her hairstyle lol]]

watching this with an open mind definitely helps.

its getting better. its a new interpretation and the storyline will NOT be exactly the same (cuz that would be VERY boring).

the advantage this version has over HYD is that it is longer therefore it can include more (key/memorable) scenes from the manga and still put its own twist to it. also, there can be more character and relationship developments.

all in all, i enjoy/ed both versions.

josean06
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 12th, '07, 06:39

Post by josean06 » Jan 14th, '09, 11:19

I'd like to give my two cents if u don't mind.

I actually have some criticism for this specific drama. It start alright, but I think the producers were trying to push away from the manga with the little things too much. Maybe trying to put a Korean touch I guess. I didn't like where they put Jan Di and her best friend (I don't remember her name, I need to get used to them still, but in this case it's Yuki) for their workplace. I think it's a restaurant, and their manager is some guy. That's one of the big things I liked about the Japanese version in where they added their Okami-san, where she gave her "advice," to the the girls. I also didn't like how her family's business was dry-cleaning. It made it seem like, "We should change most of these things shouldn't we?" Then my question was, "how is any of this going to link into the story?" I don't think it's going to mesh very well, since in both the Taiwan and Japanese versions, the father worked in a company, and Doumjouji's mother would have control over that. And it's weird what the reason that Jan Di's role model is (let's say Shizuka), just because she all over the tabloids and in a few magazines?

I really think that the school is ridiculous, or at least the way they described it. At Eitoku, you can get in if you get great scores on your exams, you just have to afford it. But here, you HAVE to be rich, and not even smart at all.

These little tidbits are what made the Japanese version the most definitive version of any of the live action incarnations.

I'm not saying that the Korean version is bad, but it's very hard to connect everything together. It seems that everything that's been happening is coincidence... Not at all connected what so ever. It's a little confusing....

Although it's moving at a slower pace, it's really not getting the details that we missed in the Japanese version. She still has only one friend, and Sakurako's her only friend at her school. I was wondering if they were going to add her other two friends from the manga. Or make Yuki be invited to the party also. The added part where her fathers truck comes honking, didn't amuse me, and was actually just a filler. I think there's a lot of filler parts, because of the changes, it makes it just confusing. I mean it's like lets put a different story, and paste a part from the manga (ie. Rui's entrance). Then something else. Or how she goes to the school just because they have a swimming pool. Jan Di's a little too rough on the edges, and should be a little more shy.

I liked how in the manga and the Japanese version, Makino has had knowledge of the F4, since she's been going to the school since freshman year. But in this she's totally at a loss.

It seems like, they just added a bunch of useless things, and should've just kept with the real story, at least the ones that counted. I do have to say that I can't wait for the next episode, I'm just hoping that all these additions and changes all fall into place, because for me, it's looking to be weird.

Please don't get mad, there actually a whole lot more that I could point out and criticize, but most of you probably have heard it before. I have high hopes for this series! Please be great!

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 435
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 14th, '09, 17:03

josean06 wrote: I also didn't like how her family's business was dry-cleaning. It made it seem like, "We should change most of these things shouldn't we?" Then my question was, "how is any of this going to link into the story?" I don't think it's going to mesh very well, since in both the Taiwan and Japanese versions, the father worked in a company, and Doumjouji's mother would have control over that. And it's weird what the reason that Jan Di's role model is (let's say Shizuka), just because she all over the tabloids and in a few magazines?
I don't think that the changes they've made are a problem. Dry-cleaning... well, while it's kind of lame, I'm pretty sure Jun Pyo's mother is powerful enough to bring down any company she wants. If you remember, in the Japanese version she even got the Okami's pastry shop (or whatever) into trouble, so some pesky dry-cleaners can't be too hard to close down.
And as for Shizuka, she didn't consider her as a role model because she was in magazines, she admired her for being smart and beautiful (she passed a French bar exam? to become a lawyer) and for following her own dreams instead of giving into the expectations of her parents (I think she was supposed to be a heir to her parents' company?). Anyway, it's the exact same reason she admired her in the Japanese version.

I'm actually pretty pleased with how different this version is. I stopped comparing after the first 30 minutes or something, since the atmosphere is just so different. I'm enjoying (and criticising) it as a work of its own. (But if I was to compare :P I'd say the Korean cast is sooo much better looking [since the F4 is supposed to be 4 gorgeous men/boys], Kim Bum is yummy, even Lee Min Ho is hot, and his portrayal of Jun Pyo (or Domyoji) is excellent, much better than MatsuJun's or Jerry's.)

Arsenal1508
Posts: 117
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 18:10

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 15th, '09, 02:45

What I don't like are the cliffhanger endings in every episode so far. In the Japanese version...each episode was concluded withing the timeframe. In the Korean version...there has to be a cliffhanger.

Also...the soundtrack is cheesy and the girl is too emotional for no reason. Inoue Mao was so funny in her Makino role.

conmeocho
Posts: 32
Joined: Aug 2nd, '07, 01:25

Post by conmeocho » Jan 15th, '09, 13:07

lol next there'll be a C version, Hana Yori Dango is such a popular story that it started out from manga...turning into something all over asia XD. Make's me so happy thinking about it. It's also interesting how the same basic stuff is containing a little bit of originality as well.

chadssi
Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 29th, '07, 16:43

Post by chadssi » Jan 15th, '09, 13:27

OMG why the hell is everyone comparing each versions when it should've been different. It's the same franchise but it would become cheesy if they'd follow the same events/storylines as what the original Hana Yori Dango was. They're trying to change some storylines to make it unique from the other franchises of Hana Yori Dango dramas. And I'm happy that this drama is improving every episode. That's all!

busyizzy
Posts: 74
Joined: Oct 9th, '04, 21:41

Post by busyizzy » Jan 15th, '09, 15:01

Most of the criticisms you guys have .... that's just what it comes with being a Korean drama, meant for Korean people, more suited for Korean culture and understanding.
What I don't like are the cliffhanger endings in every episode so far. In the Japanese version...each episode was concluded withing the timeframe. In the Korean version...there has to be a cliffhanger.
Have you seen any other K-dramas? They all end this way. It is a way to boast ratings, because in Korean, ratings are very important to the show.
I also didn't like how her family's business was dry-cleaning. It made it seem like, "We should change most of these things shouldn't we?" Then my question was, "how is any of this going to link into the story?" I don't think it's going to mesh very well, since in both the Taiwan and Japanese versions, the father worked in a company, and Doumjouji's mother would have control over that.
Again, that's a cultural thing. I think they were trying to emphasize Jandi's family's economic status. In Korea, someone who works at a company has more respect than someone who owns a small dry cleaner's. Just the image they give is very different because if you work for a company, you just go to work on time in a suit - you look like you have more money than you do, even if you might make the same as owning a dry cleaner's. But a dry cleaner's, Jandi's dad does not have to come out wearing a suit and a tie, and I think it makes for good contrast with Junpyu's mother, who does work in a company (owns the company...), and thus comes out looking very refined and elegant ... and business-cut-throat.
I really think that the school is ridiculous, or at least the way they described it. At Eitoku, you can get in if you get great scores on your exams, you just have to afford it. But here, you HAVE to be rich, and not even smart at all.
It's to emphasize that status - the status of your family and their business - is the most important thing in this culture that Jandi has fallen into. Brain do not account for anything. I think it is a good set up for later problems involving Junpyu's mother and Jandi's economy status.

Besides, the very concept of F4 is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? The best looking and richest 4 guys, being a dictator over the whole school. It's VERY ridiculous, and I think the "ridiculous-ness" of the school falls in line with the concept of F4.

I agree, this series is far from perfect, but people are being such sticklers about it. It is obviously not going to be the same, and no, I guess you guys definitely don't understand or appreciate the changes. The makers of the drama do not care though; they have made the changes for their Korean audience because they are worried about whether the Korean audience this is geared towards will enjoy and love it. Everyone seems to be forgetting, no one promised a perfect adaptation of the manga; this is a Korean show above all else. The people with overly negative criticisms comparing the different versions needs to accept that. I can understand criticisms, but when it's all these criticisms about "Boo, I don't like this change and I don't get why they did" - understand there is a reason that they did, even though it might not be obvious to you.

User avatar
Jazzl
Posts: 550
Joined: Jun 10th, '08, 22:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Jazzl » Jan 15th, '09, 15:22

i like this version, 'cuz it 's completly different from the others and that's good.It'`s much like the anime but than it's not.. like k-domyoji isn't this violent(like the scene of "half rape"?)
Jun Pyo is really cool, I like him very much and he looks much like the original.
Jan Di is ok too and she`s totally different from the original... her hair, her attitude.. all, that ok, because it would be bouring to see her like this again.
Jin Hoo or something like that(K-Rui) is really a beauty and what I really like about this Rui: he is more active. I didn't like the Rui from Japan at first because.. he was so boring

pj04
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 16th, '09, 02:39

Post by pj04 » Jan 16th, '09, 03:24

Here is my two cents.

I have see both the taiwanese version as well as the japanese version (I loved HYD) and watching this korean version now.

Taiwanese version was a dragged out travesty of the storyline (sorry Twdrama fans...no offense meant). Shancai got on my nerves and Domsi was so love struck that he ended up behaving like wimp. The leads had zero chemistry and f4 were hard pressed to behave like millionaires. The only saving grace Rui Played by Vic zhou. Clearly it is out of running for me if I were to draw a comparison amongst all the versions

However I cannot help but compare jversion and kversion. Jversion was very well cast and the acting was stellar. The ambiance was maintained through out the show. Despite the fact that the show had almost no kisses or intimate scenes, the chemistry and the tension amongst the lead was palpable through out the series. I admire Jun since he pulled off a domyouji despite being an unlikely choice for the character.

Kdrama on the other hand does not seem to be very well cast (though i would wait and watch until I pass my judgment). The only actors who seem to be comfortable in their skin/role right now are Jun Pyo and probably the secretary. Jun Pyo has really grown on me in last 2 episodes.

While Domyouji was violent to extreme (the only thing , i disliked in jversion), here he is shown to be a better person (conceited , lonely but not without a heart). I must admit , I like Jun Pyo more that Domyouji's character. Strangely Domyouji never shares his troubles with his friends and enjoys rebelling in front of his mother. Jun Pyo on the other hand seems to be scared of his mom and is very comfortable with his friends. I am keeping my fingers crossed that his character grows here positively.

Oguri shun and Vic Zhou both made a better Rui than the one here. I just hope that at some point this character picks up.

I still feel that Makino was a better characterization that Jan Di. Jan Di comes across as dumb specifically with all the exaggerated faces she makes. Makino came across as an intelligent, strong and decisive personality who cleaned up pretty well. I still fail to see the elusive beauty of Jan Di that made Jun Pyo drop his plate :lol . I think this character was either miscast or is not being treated the way it should have been.

Now to Jun Pyo's mon...I think the korean version is following the storyline of taiwanese version. In Jversion , domyouji's mom was an enigma, she was a snob, opportunist and manipulative but also kind at times(she actually allows Domyouji to meet Makino in the end of HYD1. In Hyd2 , she accepts makino gracefully in the end). There was a matronly no nonsense look about her. Here Jun Pyo's mom gave me a scare, she actually looked cruel.

Somehow I feel that jversion was quite realistic despite flimsy subplots at times.

In all honesty, it is too early to like/dislike this version but Korean shows normally have very tight story-lines. I am hoping we will see that here.

User avatar
misuzana
Posts: 333
Joined: Nov 5th, '08, 00:03

Post by misuzana » Jan 16th, '09, 06:38

wow some of u all have some really strong points and as well likes/dislikes well i will say all that somes with a show that iswell watched (from my POV)and some i agree with and somewell that ur point of view so awsome :whistling:
however nuthing much i have to say beside that punch JunPyo gott after where he "drown"was funny :D so dumb but funny and unexpected :mrgreen: it was just different
it was another thing that stand out in the Kversion
but then that was it everything else flowed like normal
yea i think that is it for now :P
:cheers: Image :wub:

User avatar
Jazzl
Posts: 550
Joined: Jun 10th, '08, 22:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Jazzl » Jan 16th, '09, 09:16

mh..my thoughts
Till now I think JVersion is the best, it`s the funniest version too and it has the most effects.
Like pj04 said: The choice for Domyoji is unlikely but MatsuJu created a good Dpmyoji(my favourite Domyoujis). I didn't mind the violence because Domyoji is a violent charactere and he needs to relief is anger and stress. MatsuJun and Mao are a good OnScreen pair.
I think Nishikada and Mimamasaka have their good points too but it's to early to compare these both characters with the K-Version because in the K-Version there apperance wasn't that big til now.

Jun Pyo is a good. He's another type of Domyoji. He is the serious buit childish typ. Domyoji was childish and sarcastic most of the time with a little shot of seriousness. It was a good mix. He always gave his bad comments.
Jun Pyo is tall, good locking, lonly and. mh.. i like him.

Jan Di.. i don't know what I think about her. She's there and she is always loud. Like pj04 said: you can't really see the reason why Jun Pyo falls for her and till now I don`t really get it.
They don't really match each other but maybe this is a good think.

Ji Hoo is not the typical Rui. He's more active and he's actractive, i like him.

Maybe I don't like comparing MG to BBF or HDY because it's not the same for me.
MG is like another Drama and that's why I can like it. If I would think MG=HYD then I wouldn't like it - maybe.

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jan 16th, '09, 16:55

Hi. This is another comparison post. :P

The jversion was fast-paced. everything was intense ... I could feel the characters' feelings, indulging into their world. kdrama's version was s...looo...ww...

In episode 1 of jversion, with Makino's narrating ... I got a better idea of what is going on. About F4 & the red tag & all. kversion ... nuh-uh.

The camera angle for kversion is also ... rather boring. always wide-angle shot?

I didnt like the rap **** thingy that one of the f4 members did. sounded phony.

but wow, the props are definitely more w0wzers than the jversion. in episode 1, everything looks more glamorous; the food served at the school cafeteria. and this made me want to compare jversion's HYD season 1. the props paled in comparison to kversion. But i watched HYD season 1 & enjoyed it very much.

having said all that, i will still continue to watch. 'cause it's HYD after all. :D

User avatar
hepcat05
Posts: 39
Joined: Jul 12th, '05, 20:10
Location: Maryland, USA

Post by hepcat05 » Jan 16th, '09, 21:29

I decided to watch this program since I thoroughly enjoyed the anime and both seasons of the Japanese TV series. Here are my thoughts after seeing the first 2 episodes.

Please keep in mind that this is the first Kdrama I have ever watched, so I have no idea if some of the things I’m seeing are common in Kdramas or unique to this show.

Jan Di/Tsukushi: Appearance wise, the actress playing Tsukushi’s role seems to be a good choice. Like Inoue Mao, Koo Hye Sun is merely cute instead of being so good-looking as to be completely unrealistic for the part. Unfortunately, she’s not a good actress, and is overacting far more than Mao ever did. I’m laughing at her antics, but not always for the right reasons. Hopefully she’ll improve in later episodes.

Yoon Ji Hoo/Hanazawa Rui: The actor here is doing OK so far. Rui is the most complex character in the story, and it hasn’t progressed far enough for me to fully decide whether I like him or not. I do hope he wakes up and shows some real anger at both Tsukushi and Domyoji as he did in Japanese show. Speaking of Domyoji...

Goo Joon Pyo/Domyoji Tsukasa: He’s the biggest surprise so far. I like the actor playing him and his performance. Joon Pyo is definitely an arrogant douchebag and has a mean streak, but he’s not as bad as Domyoji. Joon Pyo seemed genuinely angry at the guys who attacked Jan Di, saying they went too far. In other words, he seems redeemable, which I didn’t believe about Tsukasa for a long time.

Shizuka/Min Seo Hyun: All I can say is...wow...this woman is amazingly beautiful. :wub: I’ve never seen her before, but I’m guessing she’s been in some other popular Kdramas. Does anyone have any recommendations for other shows she’s appeared in?

So far the story seems to be sticking pretty close to the Jdrama and the anime with a some things switched around chronologically and a few minor surprises. I’m looking forward to future episodes and I really hope they include the beauty pageant because that was the funniest part of Jdrama.

Finally, thanks a million to the folks subtitling this show. After three years of watching Jdramas and taking lessons, I can get the gist of what they’re saying, but I don’t understand a word of Korean, and I’m not ambitious enough to try tackling yet another Asian language. :P

Goodnessgracious
Posts: 67
Joined: Jul 12th, '07, 00:18
Location: UK

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 16th, '09, 22:08

hepcat05 wrote:
Shizuka/Min Seo Hyun: All I can say is...wow...this woman is amazingly beautiful. :wub: I’ve never seen her before, but I’m guessing she’s been in some other popular Kdramas. Does anyone have any recommendations for other shows she’s appeared in?
You should definitely watch Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. She is the main female character. It is a romantic comedy and one of the best Kdramas I've seen. It is from the same director as Boys Over Flowers.

Sny
Posts: 45
Joined: Feb 2nd, '06, 04:44
Location: TX, USA

Post by Sny » Jan 16th, '09, 23:20

hepcat05 wrote: So far the story seems to be sticking pretty close to the Jdrama and the anime with a some things switched around chronologically and a few minor surprises. I’m looking forward to future episodes and I really hope they include the beauty pageant because that was the funniest part of Jdrama.
I read this so many times, a lot of people thought BOF is based on Jdrama :glare: Just for clarification, the korean version doesn't stick to Jdrama, but it's based on Boys Over Flowers Manga. So, it's based on manga, not based on Hana Yori Dango Jdrama.
I actually didn't like the pageant story, I thought it's very unnecessary to put on the storyline. I read the manga, lots of good stuff happened, but the pageant was the least interesting part (well.. this is my opinion though :-) )

User avatar
Jazzl
Posts: 550
Joined: Jun 10th, '08, 22:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Jazzl » Jan 17th, '09, 09:17

[quote="hepcat05"]

Jan Di/Tsukushi: Appearance wise, the actress playing Tsukushi’s role seems to be a good choice. Like Inoue Mao, Koo Hye Sun is merely cute instead of being so good-looking as to be completely unrealistic for the part. Unfortunately, she’s not a good actress, and is overacting far more than Mao ever did. I’m laughing at her antics, but not always for the right reasons. Hopefully she’ll improve in later episodes.
/quote]

i thought about it.. maybe it looks like she can't act good or something like that.
But maybe this is on purpose because I think director wouldn't let it be like this when he is unsatisfied.

josean06
Posts: 19
Joined: Aug 12th, '07, 06:39

Post by josean06 » Jan 18th, '09, 19:30

Is it me or does Jan Di and Jun Pyo have no chemistry at all?? Jan Di does look a little old.... Jun Pyo looks cute when he gets vulnerable, but it doesn't seem like they mesh well.. any thoughts?

athene121
Posts: 25
Joined: Aug 11th, '08, 04:57

Post by athene121 » Jan 18th, '09, 20:11

josean06 wrote:Is it me or does Jan Di and Jun Pyo have no chemistry at all?? Jan Di does look a little old.... Jun Pyo looks cute when he gets vulnerable, but it doesn't seem like they mesh well.. any thoughts?
Yeah, I have thoughts - lots of them! See, it was bothering me, too, as to why they are meant to mesh well together. So I wrote full analysis on Jan Di and Jun Pyo's relationshp. And after writing it all out (filed w/ screen caps and all), I feel much better about their relationship!
Here's an excerpt from my weekly episode gushing/euphoria-release thread (I might move this thread to a private blog, if I ever get around to setting one up). Spoilers abound for those who are unfamiliar with Eps 3 & 4. And I deeply apologize about the length!!:D :

*************************************************************************

Gone with the Wind - Jun Pyo and Jan Di’s Complicated Relationship

I have arrived at the conclusion that Jan Di and Jun Pyo are very much like Scarlett and Rhett, respectively. Look at them go! And Ji Hoo is sort of like Jan Di’s version of Ashley. Always hankering after her love idol while unknowingly making Rhett (ahem, Jun Pyo) jealous to the point that he would even assault her. Anyways, while Jan Di may not valued much for her beauty the way our infamous southern belle was, she definitely has a fraction of Scarlett’s fiery and feisty spirit – and THAT, my fellow d-addicts, is one of the main why Jun Pyo is in love with her. I mean, whenever she attempts to be polite and apologize, Jun Pyo reminds her, “Don’t do that; it doesn’t suit you.” Like in the scene below where she thanks him and then withdraws her thanks after he provokes her back into her feisty self. And her stuborness in refusing to see Jun Pyo as the person who really loves her whole-heartedly, flaws and all, adds yet another point to the whole GWTW comparison

Image
(Above) Jan Di thanks Jun Pyo until he provokes her into yelling at him as she usually does. Satisfied, Jun Pyo leaves though not without passing on a valuable package and advice to her.

I have to say, whatever other viewers may think, that Jan Di by far is the best heroine yet for a HYD series. Her temper is consistent and she never *once* gives in to Jun Pyo’s wooing and lets him kiss her the way Barbie and Inoue Mao do with their respective Tsukasas. I mean, sure she places her fight for justice high up there and hates everything he did and stands for, but I still do think she is a little stubborn for not liking him wholly at this point – especially when he straightened his hair and wore the school uniform especially for her, buying the auction swimming goggles, saving her face in front of Seo Hyun and Ji Hoo, and renting an entire bar for her to vent out her emotions. I like how Jun Pyo;s notion of ‘kamsahamnida’ changes from a practical joke (ducks in a pond, I ask you?) to more sincere and well-thought out gifts. I don’t know what made him realize what the right thing to do is, but maybe he felt bad about attempted assault on Jan Di.
Image
(Above): Jun Pyo regrets being almost violent with Jan Di though he is obviously hurt she rejected him for Ji Hoo.

But, whatever the reason, the things Jun Pyo does for Jan Di are the kind of things Rhett did for Scarlett; the difference, though, between the two characters is that Rhett kept his feelings for Scarlett almost completely to himself while Jun Pyo actively pursues Jan Di and makes it known to her (not in public’s eye - not yet anyways). And in spite of first/bad impressions, at least, like Rhett and Scarlett, even Jan Di and Jun Pyo are able to have casual and sweet, tender moments despite their regular roughness and abruptness. She obviously is beginning to appreciate him for his handsomeness and intelligence and maye even his wealth, something she didn't do before since she was so strung-up on being treated unjustly. But her heart still yearns for Ashley - I mean, Ji Hoo.


Caption: F4 share a rare and cuddly moment as Jun Pyo flashes a grateful smile at Jan Di for her role in getting Ji Hoo to come out of his depressive shell
Image Image

Why on Earth Does Jun Pyo Love Jan Di so unconditionally?

There are those who might ponder why on earth Jun Pyo is even in love with a girl like Jan Di when she isn’t even cute looking as Barbie Hsu or she makes awkward facial gestures, etc. etc. I have thought about this carefully and realized that there are A LOT of things he loves about her – some of which I might have already mentioned:

1. First of all, this version of HYD is different in that Jun Pyo has more redemptive qualities than any of the past Tsukasas so it's more easier to believe and plausible that he appreciate someone like Jan Di for her 'inner beauty'. In fact, after the night they spend together in the bitter cold, Jun Pyo has almost completely lost his arrogance and insensitivity. Almost. By mid-episode 3, Lee Min Ho’s facial expressions are more mature and serious for the most part. Not once do we see the arrogant face like the one we see when he pouts at Jan Di, “But what don’t you like about me? I’m handsome, rich, and smart,” In fact, not once does he even panic in front of his sinister businesswoman of a mother (he must really hate her! And not without reason). As far as the love-shipping goes, Jan Di hasn’t changed Jun Pyo. Not really. I am arguing that Jun Pyo already possessed these attractive qualities and personality; it’s just that Jan Di brings out the best in him the way he brings out the worst in her. ;) And that's just one of the reasons he loves her for (and in turn hates his witch of a mother).

Caption: (Top Left) Jun Pyo help Jan Di save face as they negotiate the debt he still owes her. (Top Right) Though both are underage, Jun Pyo rents out an entire bar for the night out of consideration that Jan Di might want to vent over Seo Hyun and Ji Hoo
ImageImage
ImageImage
(Bottom left): Though Park Tae Hwon's goggles holds no interest for him, Jun Pyo keenly observes Jan Di's admiration and interest in the item. In one of his first acts of love and kindness, he later purchases the item on her behalf as a sign that he cares for her, not to merely flaunt his wealth. (Bottom Right) F4 (sans Ji Hoo) dress up in school uniforms at Jun Pyo's request, who secretly wants to impress Jan Di and as a way of letting her know that he valued and respected her words from Episode 2. [END CAPTIONS]

Btw, someone please give Lee Min Ho more good dramas to act in the future! Thank you!

2. Because Jun Pyo wants THE BEST - something unattainable by the common man, something that's invaluable, and something no one else *should* have access to or claim.
Image

According to Seo Hyun, Jun Pyo has always been lonely and his entirely life has been devoid of motherly love and care. He actually hates the world he lives in. Sure, it has benefits like the Mercedes, private tutoring, expensive wardrobe, maids and butlers to boss around, etc. These things are all easily accesible to him - and to all other millionaires like himself. But Jan Di .... she is the opposite of everything that is petty, emotionless, and inanimate in his world – everything that is empty and makes him feel like so. Again, I argue Jun Pyo has always been a good person from the start; it’s just that he wasn’t raised right or at all. Still, it is no surprise that he see Jan Di as a prize more worth treasuring than any of the things he owns because she, unlike, other people and things, possesses a capacity for boundless love, is highly loyal (she sticks up for her friend), and believes that people should use their hearts, not money, to reach connect with and reach towards other people. Or at least the things he does should come directly from the heart and have it mean something. And he does do that! Eventually anyways…


3. She isn’t pretty or beautiful. Just cute! Yeah, I am actually listing that as a reason. Have you seen the super-model beauties at the school they attend? Enough said! Oh, and to back that up, Jun Pyo said to Jan Di in the empty bar scene that beauty, brains, and background aren’t much, but *she* is still the first girl he has ever paid attention to.

Image
Whoo! *fans self* It's hot, isn't it?

4. Her temper. What would Jan Di be without her temper? Inoue Mao. No, he loves her because she is the only girl who would dare be temperamental with him and fight with him and actually physically hurt him and not be afraid of repercussions. Again, so GWTW, isn’t it? Jan Di is the only girl who does not think of him as the ‘Great Gu Jun Pyo” and plus, he can totally keep up with that feistiness of hers. I am pleased with the director/writers because they continue to have Jan Di verbally and physically attack her love interest - even after that memorable high-flying back kick. But whatever her behavior with him, Jun Pyo really wouldn’t have it any other way and it amuses him to bait her like a cat and mouse game. Acting is so consistent along these lines and this is where it strays a bit from the manga because of the nature of their characters. Yay! Go Jun Pyo! You sly fox!

So, all in all, I am going to say I wholeheartedly ship JunPyo - JanDi. :wub: Jan Di is going to get in a lot of trouble with Jun Pyo the way Scarlet did by building castles in the air with Ashley. Even though both Rhett and Jun Pyo use their money to give love, comfort, and security to the women they love (because it's the only way they know how to show their love), we have to ask - why are we women represented as so stubborn and stupid as to yearn for an emotional connection with the handsome Ashleys/Ji Hoos, when the person who loves them unconditionally and beyond boundaries and accept all their flaws... is always the one person by their sides?! THIS - not their pettiness, ugliness, etc. - is their ultimate flaw. Love has blinded them.

Can't wait for this Monday/Tuesday's episodes (5&6)! Whee!

*****************************
Btw, re: the screencaps: they are taken from Ental (of WITH S2); these commentaries are not for sale, and all pics and vids are the works of KBS and the talented cast and crew. I and the rest of us own nothing. Just clearing the air out! :salut:
Over and out.
Last edited by athene121 on Jan 18th, '09, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Jazzl
Posts: 550
Joined: Jun 10th, '08, 22:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Jazzl » Jan 18th, '09, 20:32

:cheers: liked it to read.
But do you really thing Inoue Mao didn't have any temper?

athene121
Posts: 25
Joined: Aug 11th, '08, 04:57

Post by athene121 » Jan 18th, '09, 20:43

Kamenashi wrote::cheers: liked it to read.
But do you really thing Inoue Mao didn't have any temper?
I have to confess, I am not qualified to say anything about Inoue Mao, actually. Or Barbie Hsu. I haven't seen either past versions of HYD for a LONG, LONG time. I am sure both had tempers b/c that is what the manga character is supposed to be like ...somewhat. :unsure: The only point I wanted to make was - at least the way my memory serves - is that compared to past heroines, Geum Jan Di is more coarse and rough and Gu Hye Sun is not afraid to contort her pretty features into 'commoner level' antics and speech. Jun Pyo even *encourages* her to be that way with him. He *likes* her for it as we've seen time and time again. He doesn't like it when she is vulnerable, cries, apologizes to him, etc. In my opinion, I think Jan Di is the *strongest* of all HYD heroines I've seen so far. She sticks like a weed. But even weeds eventually grow out and become beautiful, don't they?
And I guess I just don't recall Tsukasa (MatsuJun) actively encouraging Makino to behave that way with him. Just clarifying my random thoughts. Sorry for my bad memory! (I'd re-watch the past versions, except I am having too much fun w/ the K-drama). Thanks! :D And thanks for reading! :wub:

User avatar
Jazzl
Posts: 550
Joined: Jun 10th, '08, 22:35
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Jazzl » Jan 18th, '09, 21:03

It's true that Tsukasa never really encouraged Makino but he apreciates her that way at least( you can clearly see it in the beginning from the movie). He fell in love with her because of her temper.
Till now I think MatsuJun is the Best because he really played at..hm.. ironic character and I laughed really often.
Jun Pyo is gorgeous and I really like this character. I never got the feeling that he is a bad person but in the beginning i thought he is more serious than Tsukasa. Now he think he is really playful and he really likes tu argue with Jan Di(like you said):“Don’t do that; it doesn’t suit you." He is really different from Daomin Si or Tsukasa.

xD I think all 3 have temper, but actually Barbie Hsu has the weakest and Jan Di is really the strongest I think - for now, because it's only the 4th episode and in the beginning the other two were pretty strong too.

I'm really looking forward to the next epsiodes.

Arsenal1508
Posts: 117
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 18:10

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 18th, '09, 21:13

Do you lot think they'll have a similar happy ending like the Japanese version? Both of them get married and she has a kid?

Hope so...I hate sad endings.

Sny
Posts: 45
Joined: Feb 2nd, '06, 04:44
Location: TX, USA

Post by Sny » Jan 18th, '09, 21:19

Arsenal1508 wrote:Do you lot think they'll have a similar happy ending like the Japanese version? Both of them get married and she has a kid?

Hope so...I hate sad endings.

Actually, that ending was made for the HYD Jdrama. In manga, they didn't get married.
But, it's a happy ending

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests