I Am Sam (KBS2, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
MartinLi

Post by MartinLi » Sep 26th, '08, 00:45

normally the drama is around 60 minutes, the bad edited ones are around 40 minutes, so 20 minutes worth of scenes were deleted. Thats why i couldnt understand most of what was going on =(

btw could you tell me where did you download them again? like whats aigoo at megaupload?

quotie

Post by quotie » Sep 26th, '08, 08:38

You can find aigoo here: http://www.omo-omo.com/

And Megaupload is something similar like rapidshare.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Sep 26th, '08, 15:48

quotie wrote:How do I find out which version is edited and not? I got my copy from aigoo trough MU.
The version at Aigoo is the good one. I'm pretty sure it's the same links as when it was posted at idols unlimited.

MartinLi

Post by MartinLi » Sep 28th, '08, 05:00

what ever happened to idols unlimited?

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:58

im watching it right now. the girl falls for the teacher ?! OH MAN : (
the girl with TOP ! : D
but TOP didnt get much scenes in this drama since hes busy with big bang, maybe thats why he couldnt end up with main girl. : (

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:59

TOP was so cool in this serie, was hoping him to go with the main girl but some reason she felt deep for the teacher XD

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:59

It was kinda weird, since the girl fell for the teacher -___- I honestly watched for TOP too (: He was so cute and good in acting

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:02

haha...TOP was in the drama!! honestly,I watched for TOP.
this drama is also hilarious^^*
but just wonder why some ppl said they don't really like this drama??

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:02

I'm watching this right now and it is pretty good since like half of the students that play the part are just newcomers. I love the main homeroom teacher, Yang Dong Geun =] He is so funny! And I was pretty impressed with TOP in his first drama. Park Min Young wasn't that bad either.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:03

this show is really interesting and the actress is pretty cute too i think subs are out on veoh but top gets really little air time like an average of 2 to 3 minutes of each episode T_T

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:04

i really really want to watch this drama but unfortunately i can't find ones with subs on it :[. i'm learning korean but they speak WAYYY to fast for me to understand fully. hahahaha. i saw bits & pieces with TOP in it and i was impressed by his skills.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:04

the story is quite good but what i really love from this series is that i can see my lovely choi seung hyun a.k.a T.O.P

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:05

I wanted to see this drama...But didn't got a chanse to see it:(

I saw only 2 eps and i liked it...so funny

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:05

did anyone esle feel the last episode was a let down for the series. I was really enjoying it, very funny but it felt like it could of had a better ending.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:06

The early part of the series was very good, & funny. Didn't quite like the storyline when the main actress and the teacher fell for each other. He's too old for her, even though they waited till she graduates from college.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:07

i like this series, just didn't like how it ended (since i have my own favorites), but still a good series, funny and meaningful. yang dong geun did well in this drama, i can't believe it's him, tempo did well too for his first series

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:07

ahhh! tempo is love~ (:
i didn't like his haircut at firsst, but seeing him in this drama, HE WAS SO ADORABLE!!!
i wanted to hug him. lol

the main teacher is SO HILARIOUS.
must watch this! :3

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:08

I'm dying for the subs. Hopefully soon. But I saw some clips to it. And it looked kinda boring? But hey, I haven't watch it yet. But hopefully it's good. Totally loved Tempo's acting. Love his tough, jjang side. Hehe.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 02:08

I recommend this show. It's funny. Yang Dong Gun is good, playing the dumb teacher. Hope the main girl is not falling for him. They should stay as teacher/uncle/student relationship. I don't know much about TOP, but he seems to be very popular (amongst younger audience). Don't know why shaved two perpendicular lines on his left eyebrow. Is this the fashion?
Funny, enjoyable show. DIdn't like them making Ryan like a gay person? Really it doesn't add anything to the story.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Oct 26th, '08, 03:06

lazyalexa wrote:I'm dying for the subs. Hopefully soon. But I saw some clips to it. And it looked kinda boring? But hey, I haven't watch it yet. But hopefully it's good. Totally loved Tempo's acting. Love his tough, jjang side. Hehe.
I'm not sure if you're refering to English sub? If so, they're done already: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63238.htm

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 19th, '08, 21:02

To me it seems thatf "I'm Your Teacher" and "I.Am.SAM" HDTV version are a little different.
Is there two different versions?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 22nd, '08, 11:08

Yes, there is a HUGE difference between the two:

I'm Your Teacher version is a heavily edited version broadcast by KBS-LA. Something like 30 mins was edited out of each episode.

I.Am.Sam HDTV version is the full, unedited version straight from KBS2.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 22nd, '08, 11:15

Thank you, I'm almost done downloading the unedited version. :)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 22nd, '08, 11:20

Ah good, you chose the right one! Now the challenge is to watch this drama without falling in love with Park Min Young :)

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 22nd, '08, 12:33

kobe23 wrote:Ah good, you chose the right one! Now the challenge is to watch this drama without falling in love with Park Min Young :)
I watched the few first minutes of this drama.
A very good and funny opening!
I can't remember the title of the song now, I just think of hearing "Pissing the night away" in the background throughout the song! :lol
It's so typical "If you don't want to learn - Leave!"
Come to think of that Swedish students have compulsory school attendance, no matter what. So if a student are disturbing the class the teacher can't exactly tell the person in question to leave.

magaling

Post by magaling » Dec 2nd, '08, 12:25

you can watch this in crunchyroll.com

or in mysoju.com <-- im not sure if there's I am sam in mysoju.

kmixhd

Post by kmixhd » Jun 19th, '09, 18:38

I love this show

funkyfurball

Post by funkyfurball » Aug 30th, '09, 06:32

i'm 2 years late but............ just finished watching the last episode!

gosh.... i can't believe i watched the heavily edited versions. no wonder there were a few times when i actually thought my player was acting up on me, or that i wasn't paying enough attention -- i actually rewinded to rewatch some parts. >.<

Oh well. at least i got to watch it, although many parts were missing! (i only reaaally started taking note when i finished the series and wanted to see what others thought about the ending. I went to coolsmurf and saw that i haven't seen some of the scenes that he posted on his blog)
example: her on mooshin's bike??! gosh i wanna see that part.. after all to be honest i watched for Top. xD. the other part i noticed was the part where the 3 girls (what're their names again?) went to her house to spy to see if she lived with Sam)
anyway. i didn't like the ending. :(
where she most probably ends up with Sam. i actually would prefer her ending up with mr.kim (xD, i know. HAHA) or Moo Shin.
heee. phew. now that i'm done with the series and talked about it, time to go to bed. XD Wish i was smarter and not dl the small file, was too greedy, i thought i was just giving up the video quality. :( :(

__Doc_

Post by __Doc_ » Mar 28th, '10, 19:42

Does anyone have the HDTV torrents w/subs?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 28th, '10, 22:29

I think this was 2nd series of Kdramas I ever watched and I loved this one ;]

Doc, it`s licensed drama, i think, so you probably wont find that kind of torrent file. You can download it through Megaupload @ silentregrets.

__Doc_

Post by __Doc_ » Mar 28th, '10, 22:31

Thanks Neliets

I even tried to buy it a few months ago and it was a no go.

So does anyone have any links? MU/RS whatever

mhek

Post by mhek » May 17th, '11, 06:23

Hi everyone
Can anyone help me and say the name of the teacher ringtone in this drama??
Download link would be great
Thanks

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Dec 28th, '11, 11:34

I just finished watching it. I watched it at first ONLY because of TOP. Later I watched it becasue I liked well all the side stories. The ending was adorable (I mean for the side stories!!!) THe characters I wanted to end up together really ended up together! Haha I liked everything else about the story than the story between the main leads. At the end I really hoped that Sam would get a bullet! But Moo Shin - SaKang, Mr. Ji - So Yi, Da Bin- Mo Se, Mr. Kim stories really saved the drama for me.

Tecky

Discussion about I AM SAM (spoilers)

Post by Tecky » Jan 10th, '13, 19:28

I just finished watching the Korean drama called "I Am Sam". About the romance between a high school teacher and his student (eighteen).

To cut a long story short, I would like to start a discussion thread for those of you who like the series. I will start the ball rolling.

In episode 15, there is a scene which puzzles me. The teacher (Jang) found the star necklace in the house he used to share with Eun Byul. I don't really understand the significance of it.

I know Eun Byul bought the necklace because she thought she lost the one her teacher (Jang) bought her. But did she meant to keep it for herself or did she mean to give it to Jang as a present?

Because she obviously left it in the house during Episode 15. And anyway, why did the teacher return it to Eun Byul later on? Did he mean to say "forget about me" with that gesture?

Tecky

Post by Tecky » Jan 10th, '13, 20:24

XrayMind wrote:This show is broadcast locally as I'm Your Teacher by KBS-LA. It has better English subtitles. The only problem is that is heavily edited. Anyway, I have up on Veoh.com, http://www.veoh.com/series/iamyourteacher ... Also, it's not HDTV.

I can have put it here on torrent, if there is enough request for it.
I just went over to the veoh site to watch the show. But there's no English subs. How do I get English subs on the clips you uploaded?

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 10th, '13, 23:28

there is already a discussion thread for this drama in here
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_54146_105.htm

please check before creating a new thread.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Discussion about I AM SAM (spoilers)

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 11th, '13, 00:41

Tecky wrote: To cut a long story short, I would like to start a discussion thread for those of you who like the series. I will start the ball rolling.
I have to disappoint you, there is already thread on this, reading wouldn't hurt.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

tofu21

Post by tofu21 » Jan 17th, '13, 11:01

Have watched up to the first half of Episode 2: I find many of the jokes not funny 'cos the chemistry between the characters not that good. So, some of the humour probably feels flat.

Also, this is turning out to be another series where the side characters are more interesting than the main leads. Not sure if I'll watch some more.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 5th, '13, 08:34

so I watched through episode 5 and I love the show I do have some questions.

Park Min Young and Yang Dong Geun are clearly the male and female leads at this point through episode 5, Eun Byul is starting to show signs of caring for Yi San does he start to show sings of caring for her soon or does it stay as her one sided crush, or all get shoved into the last 2 or 3 episodes?

Also I looked ahead at the end and it appears that Yi San has won the respect of his class do they show that or is it something they put in the last episode for kicks?