Hong Gil Dong (KBS2, 2008)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Jan 19th, '08, 08:09

HGD will start showing on KBS World from 23 Jan at 7:00 PM GMT..

after I watched Ep1.. :-)
it's the first time to me to watch a drama like this, I found it really interesting specially the character of GD, he really impressed me with his acting & his skills , also LN acting improved from the spoiled girl in SQ to the strong in the drama, how funny what she did with her gradfather to sold the medicine & the most funniest when GD won against her & he become her hubby :mrgreen:, CH become really handsome & Hottie specially with this role he is taking in the drama & i want to know more about his character in the drama.. I think the drama in the almost was fuuny with GD & LN foolish behavior :D
looking forward to Ep2.. :thumleft:
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 26th, '08, 03:06

I've finally had the time to catch the first episode and I enjoyed it. As always, though, I have a few questions.
The only thing I don't understand is: who is the ruler? Is it In-Hyung, Gil Dong's father's son, or Chang Whe's older brother who set the fire? There seem to be multiple "Your Majesty"s. Like, who was the guy who had his own personal "brothel" (or "house of prostitution" - courtesy of dictionary.com; i had to look the word up)? At first I thought that was Chang Whe's brother - the king. But then at the nightclub Gil Dong's half-brother was there and I got confused. In-Hyung seems to be a pretty important character, so is he the tyrant everyone hates?
Hong Gil Dong is funny, although there are some eye-rolling moments. (The animated birds were overkill - I was so close to giving up on this drama when I saw that..ugh.)
Everything is just so appealing. I'm already addicted, even though there's really nothing to be addicted to, plot-wise. I couldn't care less what happens next in the story (after all, it's just the first episode), but I love looking at the screen. I could do without so many special effects, but I can't take my eyes off the pretty colors and cast. Kang Ji Hwan is not incredibly attractive, but I'm in love with his acting. His character is really hot, which makes KJH really lovable. I would probably compare Sung Yuri's acting in Hong Gil Dong with Han Chae Young's in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. HCY disappointed me, but since I'd had low expectations for Sung Yuri, I'm pretty satisfied. She has great chemistry with Kang Ji Hwan so far. Plus, she looks amazing as Heo Yi Nok (how the hell can people not be able to tell if she's a girl or not?).The only actor I'm disappointed with is Jang Geun Suk. Not with his acting like everyone else is; he is a little stiff, but for now I'm assuming that's how his character is supposed to be portrayed. What I don't like is his face. Isn't he supposed to be one of the "cuties" in the business? I just don't see it.

1aco
Posts: 48
Joined: Apr 3rd, '07, 10:14
Location: Denmark

Post by 1aco » Jan 26th, '08, 15:46

This is a really funny and good drama.. I like the way the director chose to include some of our time music and dance... and the cast are really in character.. and I also like that is not so dark like the drama The Legend...
Watch it if you are lokking for something new...

User avatar
dopeyR12
Posts: 29
Joined: Jul 5th, '07, 23:43
Location: USA

Post by dopeyR12 » Jan 27th, '08, 04:35

arabian wrote:HGD will start showing on KBS World from 23 Jan at 7:00 PM GMT..

after I watched Ep1.. :-)
it's the first time to me to watch a drama like this, I found it really interesting specially the character of GD, he really impressed me with his acting & his skills , also LN acting improved from the spoiled girl in SQ to the strong in the drama, how funny what she did with her gradfather to sold the medicine & the most funniest when GD won against her & he become her hubby :mrgreen:, CH become really handsome & Hottie specially with this role he is taking in the drama & i want to know more about his character in the drama.. I think the drama in the almost was fuuny with GD & LN foolish behavior :D
looking forward to Ep2.. :thumleft:
I'm glad you like this drama because your love for this show will only continue to grow
This show is good break from all the serious drama from Bad Love.
Sung Yuri's character's name is Yi Nok or Enok (according to Dramabean's blog).
Totally agree about CH (he's so adorable! and I love his hair even if it is a wig...)
I've finally had the time to catch the first episode and I enjoyed it. As always, though, I have a few questions.
The only thing I don't understand is: who is the ruler? Is it In-Hyung, Gil Dong's father's son, or Chang Whe's older brother who set the fire? There seem to be multiple "Your Majesty"s. Like, who was the guy who had his own personal "brothel" (or "house of prostitution" - courtesy of dictionary.com; i had to look the word up)? At first I thought that was Chang Whe's brother - the king. But then at the nightclub Gil Dong's half-brother was there and I got confused. In-Hyung seems to be a pretty important character, so is he the tyrant everyone hates?

Hong Gil Dong is funny, although there are some eye-rolling moments. (The animated birds were overkill - I was so close to giving up on this drama when I saw that..ugh.)
Everything is just so appealing. I'm already addicted, even though there's really nothing to be addicted to, plot-wise. I couldn't care less what happens next in the story (after all, it's just the first episode), but I love looking at the screen. I could do without so many special effects, but I can't take my eyes off the pretty colors and cast. Kang Ji Hwan is not incredibly attractive, but I'm in love with his acting. His character is really hot, which makes KJH really lovable. I would probably compare Sung Yuri's acting in Hong Gil Dong with Han Chae Young's in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. HCY disappointed me, but since I'd had low expectations for Sung Yuri, I'm pretty satisfied. She has great chemistry with Kang Ji Hwan so far. Plus, she looks amazing as Heo Yi Nok (how the hell can people not be able to tell if she's a girl or not?).The only actor I'm disappointed with is Jang Geun Suk. Not with his acting like everyone else is; he is a little stiff, but for now I'm assuming that's how his character is supposed to be portrayed. What I don't like is his face. Isn't he supposed to be one of the "cuties" in the business? I just don't see it.
To answer your questions:
The current King is Kwang He (i think that's the spelling...He's the dude that sees ghosts of all the people he's killed...he's the person who's so eccentric and all the ministers answer to him) He's also Chang Whe's older half-brother. He's a spoiled brat who doesn't care for the country as well as should.

In-Hyung is Gil Dong's older half-brother. He's the legitimate son of Minister Hong. He hangs around the brothel (the place with the disco music and lights) and gambles regularly. In-Hyung doesn't rule over anybody, he's just a spoiled Minister's son trying to pass his Civil Servant Exams.

I hink that Jang Geun Suk is cute in this drama (My opinion on his acting, however, is completely negative). I love his hair and while the eye liner might be a turnoff...I think it adds to him. He's so cute. I also love KJW's straight hair style in the first episode...I'm not a big fan of his curly permed hair...

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jan 27th, '08, 16:26

dopeyR12 wrote:
To answer your questions:
The current King is Kwang He (i think that's the spelling...He's the dude that sees ghosts of all the people he's killed...he's the person who's so eccentric and all the ministers answer to him) He's also Chang Whe's older half-brother. He's a spoiled brat who doesn't care for the country as well as should.

In-Hyung is Gil Dong's older half-brother. He's the legitimate son of Minister Hong. He hangs around the brothel (the place with the disco music and lights) and gambles regularly. In-Hyung doesn't rule over anybody, he's just a spoiled Minister's son trying to pass his Civil Servant Exams.
Okay, I watched the second episode and understood the part about Kwang He and Chang Whe. But you did answer the question I still had about In-Hyung. Thanks!

lmaonade
Posts: 54
Joined: Aug 23rd, '07, 05:40

Post by lmaonade » Jan 30th, '08, 03:01

just saw the 1st ep and i rly enjoyed it
i'll b watching the rest

1 think i rly liek
techno music
i love it
and it's rly random 2
cuz it's a historical drama
but techno music is great

az_lu
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 23rd, '07, 11:35

Post by az_lu » Jan 30th, '08, 12:16

I like this drama so much..
GIl dong and Yi Nok are funny...
The ending every eps always make me curious..
Looking forward for the next Episode.. :-)

User avatar
ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 727
Joined: Mar 22nd, '04, 13:51
Location: Germany

Post by ironicwave » Jan 31st, '08, 17:32

this one puts me through all the appropriate emotional stages, i'm lovin it...
very few people in this show don't crack me up and the ones who don't at the very least make me snicker...
gil dong + yi nok = just plain fun to watch
yi nok + chang hwui = highly entertaining :lol

i really like the contradictions between outward attitudes and inner reactions that more often than not peek through...
i guess i'm just partial to cheesy stuff like that...
total sap here... :mrgreen:

i couldn't care less what music they play or how it fits, those are all just window dressings, as long as i like the characters, i'm glued to the screen...
i've finished ep 5 so far and already looking forward to the next free hour i can watch another one in, so hong gil dong makes my thumbs up list...
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________

M!sS DantE
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 11th, '06, 15:18

Post by M!sS DantE » Feb 6th, '08, 17:10

plz some one Upload this OST to another links coz all this link it's blocked in my country

THIS

http://www.sendspace.com

OR THIS
http://www.sendspace.com

you wil find all this link to this ost here
http://asianosts.cjb.net/index.php?show ... ry10686308

and ALL this liks it's BLOCKED :cry:

I Need them plzzzzzzz

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ysy5cm
and this
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6akvoi

Ineed them so plz someone help us to another links like this site
www.zshare.net
it's ok in my country

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 14th, '08, 01:25

Hong Gil Dong OST
01. My luck is great - No Brain
02. What if - Girls Generation (Tae Yeon)
03. Green star - Kim Hyun Jung
04. When it begin - Kim Yeon Woo
05. Brushwood boat - Girls Generation
06. Fate - Park Wan Kyu
07. New direction - Kim Eun Hee
08. U can’t stop (keep on moving)
09. Wild plain
10. WAVE OF REV.
11. Merry-go-round
12. The Day
13. Forgiveness
14. Hairdresser Mister, beautician Noona
15. Room of secret
16. Action borrow clan
17. Start of love
18. Last Tango
19. Rain pouring
20. Sword
21. Quick knife Hong Gil Dong

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZTXRBLCQ
credit: flyingcrispi

I am in love with the song "If" by Tae Yeon of Girls' Generation (So Nyuh Shi Dae). I never thought the leader of a bubble gum pop idol group could have such a beautiful voice.
Watch this flawless cut of her singing on Star Golden Bell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Yjo2OI ... re=related
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » Feb 14th, '08, 06:51

fizzlex3mh.. ur siggy is really cool.. :lol
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

User avatar
teemu8
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 16:21
Location: FRANCE

Post by teemu8 » Feb 14th, '08, 10:19

to fizzlex3mh

thanks a lot you rock :cheers: :thumleft:

User avatar
nileey
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 18th, '05, 15:34

Post by nileey » Feb 16th, '08, 16:07

fizzlex3mh wrote: I am in love with the song "If" by Tae Yeon of Girls' Generation (So Nyuh Shi Dae). I never thought the leader of a bubble gum pop idol group could have such a beautiful voice.
Watch this flawless cut of her singing on Star Golden Bell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Yjo2OI ... re=related
Yeah, I totally love that song! Been listening to it non-stop! Anyone has the translation of the lyrics?

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 16th, '08, 20:47

And here is another one who is totally in love with this song :salut: :wub:

And this drama, I have to admit :lol

I'm not in this historical things, but because of Yuri gave it a try.. and yes, like fizzlex3mh said before: I've got to roll my eyes,when I see these animated parts.. but they get less with every episode.

I catched up to ep.12 in around 3 days and can't wait for the next release of the great subs from With S2 ^--^.

I really like the pairing Gil Dong & Yi Nok, but even Chang Hwe is likeable, especially with his interacting with Yi Nok...and not to forget his fellow/servant/friend-all in one.

I'm listening to the soundtrack * hehe,what else ^--^ * : another great song is Yun from Park Wan Kyu *great voice &violin*. Does anybody know more about him, 'cause I haven't found anything til now..

Therefor a translation would be nice,too.... :lol :wub:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 16th, '08, 23:21

Found the lyrics, thanks to aiko21892@ zero degrees :cheers:

If
If I should go, should I go close to you?
How would you think about it? I am so fallen-hearted
If you should leave, should you leave me?
How could I let you leave? continuously I am scared

The reason that I am a fool is because I'm only watching you from a distance
It's maybe because I am worried about your heart turning my feelings away and I become alienated between the two of us.

The reason that I'm really a fool is because I cannot say 'I love you'
It's because I am afraid of the pain and the sad days expected after I say these words

If you should come, should you come to me?
What I should do, I really have no idea.

The reason that I am a fool is because I'm only watching you from a distance
It's maybe because I am worried about your heart turning my feelings away and I become alienated between the two of us.

The reason that I'm really a fool is because I cannot say 'I love you'
It's because I am afraid of the pain and the sad days expected after I say these words

The reason that I'm a fool is because I cannot say 'I love you'
It's because I am afraid of the pain and the sad days expected after I say these words



And here a link to "Yun" by Park Wan Kyu, seems to be selfmade and especially for all the chang hwe fans ^-^: [/b]

User avatar
nileey
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 18th, '05, 15:34

Post by nileey » Feb 17th, '08, 12:46

Thanks a lot for the lyrics :wub:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 18th, '08, 23:31

you're welcome ^-^, was happy to find them, too :lol

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 19th, '08, 23:14

some more wallis *better...* :lol

Image

Image

and a single tribute to Gil Dong ..since Yi Nok already had hers :lol

Image
Aaahhh,it seems like years til javabeans recabs and pics :pale:


:heart: Love you Javabeans & With S2 :notworthy:

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 20th, '08, 06:16

hello everyone.... at first i never even thought about watching this drama, because the title seemed boring. but after my sister told me i should watch it, i then watched the first episode, at first i was confused, but later i got it. I am on episode twelve. I absolutely love this drama. it is so different from all the other korean dramas that usually always have the same aspect and love stories. I love the story line and the characters. they all are doing a great job at acting. it's so funny, sad and entertaining. I love Gil Dongs character and, Yi Nok and Chang Hue. i don't agree with most people about Chang Hue...it's the first time i have seen him. when i saw him for the forst time, he caught my attention. I love his long hair, he is so damb cute and hot. I think he's doing a great job at acting. The reason why he is so stiff is because his character is suppose to be that way. i hope he doesn't get killed or something, he is my favorite character along with Gil Dong and Ni Yok. what i am amazed by is how young Chang hue really is. He is only 20 years old. He looks so much more older, but in a good way. He looks very mature. I love his sexy voice, i think that's what makes him captivating, also gil dong is very cute too. Hope they all keep up the good acting. Can't wait for the next episode. Finally i am seeing a new and fresh korean drama that is not like all the other normal dramas. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT!!! ^____^

Oh and here is a picture of CHang Hue....he really looks young with short hair and so damb cute.....Jang Geun Suk I guess that's how he really looks without the short hair...
He looks damb hot and sexy as the prince with his long hair....PRETTY BOY! ^____^
Attachments
Chang hue.jpg
Chang hue.jpg (35.54 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
chang hue 2.jpg
chang hue 2.jpg (73.43 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
janggeunsuk.jpg
janggeunsuk.jpg (98.17 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
chang hue 5.jpg
chang hue 5.jpg (151.32 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
chaNG HUE 7.jpg
chaNG HUE 7.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
chang hue 9.jpg
chang hue 9.jpg (13.5 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 20th, '08, 19:29

Hi, everybody.
Me too, I'm so in Hong Gil Dong.
I really love Chang Hui/Yi Nok pairing. The prince is so cute with Yi Nok.

Does anybody know where I can find the lyrics translation of Yun (fate) by Park Wan Kyu. Because it seems that it's the theme song of Yi Nok/Prince relationship, just like the song "If" is the theme song of Yi Nok/Hong Gil Dong relationship.

PS : Thanks for the translation of "if".

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Feb 20th, '08, 20:50

4everU wrote: Oh and here is a picture of CHang Hue....he really looks young with short hair and so damb cute.....Jang Geun Suk I guess that's how he really looks without the short hair...
He looks damb hot and sexy as the prince with his long hair....PRETTY BOY! ^____^
:O
do you have any pictures with short hair???
he has short hair recently (i think)
and he looked nice~~ xD xD

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 20th, '08, 22:34

Image
Image

He's actually quite adorable in real life. I know in my previous post I said I couldn't see why everyone says he's cute. When I saw some short-haired pictures of him I finally realized. It's just the ugly long hair and eyeliner he has in Hong Gil Dong that makes him look not-so-cute. His acting, however, can not compete with Kang Ji Hwan's.
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 21st, '08, 10:32

kawaiigarden wrote:Hi, everybody.
Me too, I'm so in Hong Gil Dong.
I really love Chang Hui/Yi Nok pairing. The prince is so cute with Yi Nok.

Does anybody know where I can find the lyrics translation of Yun (fate) by Park Wan Kyu. Because it seems that it's the theme song of Yi Nok/Prince relationship, just like the song "If" is the theme song of Yi Nok/Hong Gil Dong relationship.

PS : Thanks for the translation of "if".
Haven't found a translation forYun yet. T-T But I keep looking for it,'cause *damn* I want it :salut:

:w00t: the last two pics are so cute :w00t: :w00t: thanks fizzlex3mh& 4everU for the short-hair pics!
Last edited by littledraci on Feb 28th, '08, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 21st, '08, 15:30

Thanks a lot littledraci, me too I keep searching, but I can't find it. :-(
Image
Avancement des projets de KG Fansub:WIKI FR

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 21st, '08, 15:44

kawaiigarden wrote:Hi, everybody.
Me too, I'm so in Hong Gil Dong.
I really love Chang Hui/Yi Nok pairing. The prince is so cute with Yi Nok.

Does anybody know where I can find the lyrics translation of Yun (fate) by Park Wan Kyu. Because it seems that it's the theme song of Yi Nok/Prince relationship, just like the song "If" is the theme song of Yi Nok/Hong Gil Dong relationship.

PS : Thanks for the translation of "if".

I agree with you 100% ....i thought i was the only one who likes the prince and Ni Yok relationship. I really want them to end up together. I just think Gil Dong and Ni Yok are cute as friends. I think Gil Dong looks good with the daughter of the government official. The guy whose close to Gil Dong's father.

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 21st, '08, 15:51

fizzlex3mh wrote:Image
Image

He's actually quite adorable in real life. I know in my previous post I said I couldn't see why everyone says he's cute. When I saw some short-haired pictures of him I finally realized. It's just the ugly long hair and eyeliner he has in Hong Gil Dong that makes him look not-so-cute. His acting, however, can not compete with Kang Ji Hwan's.

YUP ^____^ he is. The first time i saw him i still thought he was very cute...but i understand what you thinking when you saw him. the long hair i think would look better if t were soft and straight like Lee Junki's hair in King and the clown. Hey....i actually think Lee Junki would have made a great prince as Chau Hui if he couldn't play the role...none the less i am happy he did. I agree with you on Kang Ji Hwan's acting being better because he is older and has much more experience. I love him....Chau hui will get better at acting since he's still very young and has lots of time. But he's doing good so far. Keep it up! :cheers: :w00t: :wub:

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 21st, '08, 16:17

Hey..guys here are some more pics of him....with short hair...so cute.........and adorable.

and look how mature and serious he looks with his long hair....sexy... looks so different and hot with his long hair...it would looks so much sexier if his hair was black and strait with un even bangs..
Attachments
041.jpg
041.jpg (72.96 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
j1.jpg
j1.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
jgs21.jpg
jgs21.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
0000.jpg
0000.jpg (203.51 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
eunho1.jpg
OWW looks how cute...he was so young
eunho1.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
sdfhdf.jpg
super cute
sdfhdf.jpg (155.72 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
jang_2.jpg
jang_2.jpg (255.18 KiB) Viewed 1822 times

User avatar
minju120
Posts: 55
Joined: Feb 22nd, '07, 03:18
Location: New York City
Contact:

Post by minju120 » Feb 21st, '08, 17:50

4everU wrote:Hey..guys here are some more pics of him....with short hair...so cute.........and adorable.

..
aww second to last picture. xD
i really dont like his hair in HGD.
he doesnt look like him :O

heres him with short hair.
Attachments
근석2.JPG
근석2.JPG (46.75 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
근석.JPG
근석.JPG (33.98 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
New Heart / On Air / Boys Over Flowers
Image

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 21st, '08, 18:04

well, extremly short :lol ... the pics before looks better :roll
I read somewhere he's going to make a movie after Hong Gil Dong..

User avatar
RoOoNaH
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 11:55
Location: KSA

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 21st, '08, 19:07

I want the OST too!!
So~ please ...please!!

I Know I'm asking too much but can U up loud it using the

www.zshare.net

cuz it one of the few websites that allowed in my country..
:cry:

User avatar
fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 289
Joined: Apr 8th, '05, 13:23
Location: planet earth

Post by fairytwix » Feb 21st, '08, 19:19

lol...the main reason i actually watched this drama was because of jang geun suk...*blush* i loved him in nonstop and in hwang jin yi.. ~ XD iv been waiting for soooooo long for a new drama project from him..altho, this actually surprised me as he's acting to be much much older than he actually is..i hated the eyeliner..lol..but it DOES make him look TROUBLED and SAD that you just can't help but FEEL for him..hahahaha..im so lame..><" he's obviously not as good as kang ji hwan in acting, but he's definitely BETTER than joo ji hoon(don't kill me fans..i like him too!!!)..hehehehehe...its just annoying that he can't show his lighter side..i hope theyL give him a chance to do that..lol..atm he's just TOO STOIC...
i love the ep where he hugged yi nok and said that he wudn't let her go..and then when they were hanging out together..lol..when he didn't even bother giving her that bean bun..pwahahaha..so cute..the cutest bit was when yi nok kept on hitting him and he glared at her and said.."stop it" lol....so cute
i love kang ji hwan here too..he's just such an experienced actor..he's one of those few korean actors who i think are just NATURAL in portraying their roles..you could really see their emotions in their eyes and movements..and even when he shouts, its not forcefully done..it seems just so natural..*sigh*

on sung yuri..she's doin better than i thought she wud be..heheheh..altho, i agree with someone here on one thing..i just can't stop imagining lee da hae doin this role..i SWEAR..the more i watch it, the more i keep on thinkin on what if it was lee da hae doin the role of yi nok...lol..but sung yuri isn't that bad..
Image
gimme some bigbangin lovin
b-b-b-but I love you boy ~

User avatar
Rosegirl
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 16:54
Location: UAE

Post by Rosegirl » Feb 21st, '08, 19:31

@RoOoNaH: u can't download it from SendSpace or MediaFire cuz I donload it from SendSpace @ soompi forums :D

@fizzlex3mh: WaW OMG!! OMG!! that's Jang Geun Suk I didn't know how adorable he is :wub: cuz his style @ HGD not fair enough for his beauty to be showed off :-(

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 21st, '08, 21:29

it's me again...you guys now see what i mean....he's super cute///i agree that in HGDdoes not show his beauty.....but i love the eyeliner and the long hair.....hehehehehe :D When i also saw him with short hair...i was surprised and shocked, especailly when i found out how old he really was before looking at his pictures.....hope he makes more dramas and movies....its the first time i have seen him...i am happy i am watching HGD :cheers:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 21st, '08, 21:58

RoOoNaH, if you're still looking for it, I can upload it tomorrow @ zshare.net - just PM me ^-^

I can't stop.... :mrgreen:

Image
another version:
Image
Last edited by littledraci on Feb 21st, '08, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jit3rbug
Posts: 21
Joined: Jun 14th, '06, 04:08
Location: ~ sunny California ~

Post by jit3rbug » Feb 21st, '08, 22:31

fairytwix wrote:lol...the main reason i actually watched this drama was because of jang geun suk...*blush* i loved him in nonstop and in hwang jin yi.. ~ XD iv been waiting for soooooo long for a new drama project from him..altho, this actually surprised me as he's acting to be much much older than he actually is..i hated the eyeliner..lol..but it DOES make him look TROUBLED and SAD that you just can't help but FEEL for him..hahahaha..im so lame..><" he's obviously not as good as kang ji hwan in acting, but he's definitely BETTER than joo ji hoon(don't kill me fans..i like him too!!!)..hehehehehe...its just annoying that he can't show his lighter side..i hope theyL give him a chance to do that..lol..atm he's just TOO STOIC...
i love the ep where he hugged yi nok and said that he wudn't let her go..and then when they were hanging out together..lol..when he didn't even bother giving her that bean bun..pwahahaha..so cute..the cutest bit was when yi nok kept on hitting him and he glared at her and said.."stop it" lol....so cute
i love kang ji hwan here too..he's just such an experienced actor..he's one of those few korean actors who i think are just NATURAL in portraying their roles..you could really see their emotions in their eyes and movements..and even when he shouts, its not forcefully done..it seems just so natural..*sigh*

on sung yuri..she's doin better than i thought she wud be..heheheh..altho, i agree with someone here on one thing..i just can't stop imagining lee da hae doin this role..i SWEAR..the more i watch it, the more i keep on thinkin on what if it was lee da hae doin the role of yi nok...lol..but sung yuri isn't that bad..
I totally agree on everything you said! I just finished Nonstop 4. Jang geun suk is so cute when he doesn't play serious. I like him better in the cute funny roles.

User avatar
RoOoNaH
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 11:55
Location: KSA

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 22nd, '08, 08:29

Really!! :cheers:

Thanx a lot Littledraci :wub:

RoseGirl I looked for it not only there....BUT every where I found its name...and all what I found just forbidden pages :pale:

So~ thanx for your caring

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 22nd, '08, 10:05

I'm so happy to see that there're fans like me of the Prince/Yi Nok pairing. It's so cute to see them together.
The fate seperated them and bring them together again.
Image
Avancement des projets de KG Fansub:WIKI FR

User avatar
RoOoNaH
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 11:55
Location: KSA

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 22nd, '08, 13:26

Comm'on the relationship between Yi Nok and the Prince is Kinda of great..

BUT I think Yi Nok should be with Gil Dong after all.Don't U see how hers eyes shin whenever she being with him!! :wub:

User avatar
Rosegirl
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 16:54
Location: UAE

Post by Rosegirl » Feb 22nd, '08, 17:56

RoOoNaH: u most welcome sweaty :wub: I care cuz we r from the same region :D
and I upload the OST 4r u :-) here the link @ zShare
hong gil dong ost
:mrgreen: enjoy it :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rosegirl on Apr 5th, '08, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 22nd, '08, 22:58

:crazy: Rosegirl was faster... :lol

User avatar
fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 289
Joined: Apr 8th, '05, 13:23
Location: planet earth

Post by fairytwix » Feb 22nd, '08, 23:21

waaaaaah...atm, im the chang-hui/yi-nok advocate mode..lol.. ~ i seriously am..i wonder if theyr goin to surprise us with the ending and people will end up with someone else..lol.why does gil dong have to get everything?? hahahaha..love kang ji hwan tho.. just love jang geun suk atm more..heheheh
Image
gimme some bigbangin lovin
b-b-b-but I love you boy ~

User avatar
RoOoNaH
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 11:55
Location: KSA

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 23rd, '08, 12:42

RoseGirl!!

Thanx Dear!! I'm really speechless!! :cry:


I really appreciate that!! :wub:

also..

thanx dear littledraci... :wink:

I like these Songs so much!! especially Keep Moving ...it's awsome! :thumright:
do'nt U think so?

User avatar
Rosegirl
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 16:54
Location: UAE

Post by Rosegirl » Feb 23rd, '08, 16:19

:D littledraci Oops :P I didn't read ur post carefully cuz that Imgs u post :crazy: my eyes went dazzled over HGD :roll eps 12-16 made me fall 4r CH how poor he is :-( he in love the stupid girl YN and she doesn't realized his emotion 2 him what a pain :-(

RoOoNaH: :wub: u most welcome :D we DA community love 2 share great stuff with each other :D

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 23rd, '08, 16:29

Me too, I'm with Chang Hui, moreover he was supposed to have Yi Nok in the first place and he's so cute with her. Why Gil dong must have everything, Chang Hui suffered a lot, so at least he can have the girl he likes.

Yi Nok /Chnag Hui's pairing = Aja Aja Fighting.
Image
Avancement des projets de KG Fansub:WIKI FR

User avatar
4everU
Posts: 359
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 07:32
Location: USA

Post by 4everU » Feb 23rd, '08, 16:43

yeah...i am super happy there are more people who wnt chang Hu and Ni Yok to be together....I think they r super cute together and i agree the poor guy doesn't have anyone like that to love...she's makes him happy and actaully smile...i love when he smiles it's so cute. :w00t: ...keep it on guys.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

User avatar
RoOoNaH
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 7th, '07, 11:55
Location: KSA

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 23rd, '08, 16:59

kawaiigarden!!
hope that U won't get mad at me!! :sweat:

BUT ...do u hate Gil Dong or what!! ... he so~ poor!! nobody approciate him... his father does'nt look at him as a son
his commenty( Un like OURS :wub: ) look at him as a disease .. his brother and stebmother keep Framing for him...
so~ he suffering too :cry:

and about Yi Nok she is much happier with Gil Dong!!

So~ I'm with Yi Nok & Gil Dong relationship :roll

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 23rd, '08, 17:03

no prob ^-^.....

I actually liked CH from his first appearance... but I still like HGD more. Had to laugh when I read this one recap from javabeans with all this bad language 8) :mrgreen:
But in some parts it was true...yes..

And to fight for Gil Dong ^.^: he had his bad memories of his past like CH too, but both have another fate to fulfil.. and so another way to walk - I mean the way they have to act..

This is the 3dr drama I'm obsessed with in such an extent since Coffee Prince and MISA...I'm going crazy over javabeans recaps and can't wait for the next sub releases.. and for not to watch the next episode without subs I'm rewatching the other episodes more than once..
and listen to the ost all day long :wub:

hope it will get some more attention.

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 23rd, '08, 17:22

Sure Gil dong has a diificult life, but somehow, right now he has friends, Yi Nok, and he can live his life the way he wants.
On the contrary, Chang Hui saw his mother die in a big Fire, he was almost killed by his half brother, he lived like a homeless in China, and now he have to see his people suffer under his eyes, but he can't do anything or all he fight for for so many years will be in vain.Moreover he has no friends, except Yi Nok, the sun of his life who seems to be in love with another guy, just under his eyes.
So I prefer Gil Dong fate. But I do love Gil Dong, it's just that I prefer Chang Hui.
Moreover I'm so sad for the young lady (the daughter of the minister) who is really in love with gil dong.

143dOrKy
Posts: 9
Joined: Feb 8th, '08, 23:30

Post by 143dOrKy » Feb 23rd, '08, 19:31

thank you for the lyric! i love this song!!!!

bluebyul34
Posts: 14
Joined: Nov 17th, '06, 01:50
Location: S. Cali, USA

lyrics

Post by bluebyul34 » Feb 24th, '08, 17:59

I don't know if people are still looking for this, but I just downloaded the OST from this discussion and it seemed people were asking for lyrics for Park Wan Kyu - Yun -- so i translated it right now =) I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct but here you go~~

Park Wan Kyu – Yun

Because I am so weak, because I am so bad
I am just watching you like this.
My worn-out mind and my deep scar
I must have forgotten them like an old memory.
I cannot handle myself,
I end up clinging on to you.

Don’t leave like this
(Don’t you see) My heart is calling out to you.
In this cruel fate, that drives me crazy,
There is nothing more I can do.

My sad appearance and the sad look in your eyes –
I wonder if they are just a passing wind.
Although I try to block my ears from the rough sound of the wind
I cannot block my eyes from seeing you.
You and I under the same sky
We must be looking towards different places.

Don’t leave like this
(Don’t you see) My heart is calling out to you.
In this cruel fate, that drives me crazy,
There is nothing more I can do.

In an endless feeling, this greed I can’t abandon
Although, like this, I want and want
It is I that has no right to have you.
It is I that has no right to have you.

User avatar
sad_dumpling
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 21st, '08, 21:53

Post by sad_dumpling » Feb 24th, '08, 19:38

i absolutely love this drama :wub:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Re: lyrics

Post by littledraci » Feb 24th, '08, 20:18

bluebyul34 wrote:I don't know if people are still looking for this, but I just downloaded the OST from this discussion and it seemed people were asking for lyrics for Park Wan Kyu - Yun -- so i translated it right now =) I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct but here you go~~

Park Wan Kyu – Yun

Because I am so weak, because I am so bad
I am just watching you like this.
My worn-out mind and my deep scar
I must have forgotten them like an old memory.
I cannot handle myself,
I end up clinging on to you.

Don’t leave like this
(Don’t you see) My heart is calling out to you.
In this cruel fate, that drives me crazy,
There is nothing more I can do.

My sad appearance and the sad look in your eyes –
I wonder if they are just a passing wind.
Although I try to block my ears from the rough sound of the wind
I cannot block my eyes from seeing you.
You and I under the same sky
We must be looking towards different places.

Don’t leave like this
(Don’t you see) My heart is calling out to you.
In this cruel fate, that drives me crazy,
There is nothing more I can do.

In an endless feeling, this greed I can’t abandon
Although, like this, I want and want
It is I that has no right to have you.
It is I that has no right to have you.
Yaayyyy!! Was still desperate looking for it!! Thank you, bluebyul34 :notworthy:
Thanks for your effort!

And another addicted fan *great :cheers: *

didiellza
Posts: 59
Joined: Feb 1st, '08, 16:24
Location: vienna

Post by didiellza » Feb 26th, '08, 10:09

kawaiigarden wrote:Sure Gil dong has a diificult life, but somehow, right now he has friends, Yi Nok, and he can live his life the way he wants.
I do not really agree with your comment! I am voting for a Chang Hui and Yi Nok relationship too. Why?? First the way he changed from the first episode to the last a saw (episode 14), is so sweet and he is sweet too. Then 2nd like you said fate separeded them and brought them back together And yes she is the sun in his life. And Third and Last there is a possibility that HGD and Yi Nok will not or can not end up together becaue HGD's Father killed Yi Nok's parents. We will see! :unsure:

And to your comment. HGD can't live his life the way he wants. until ep 14 he lived his life as a dead man, and as soon as his father found out he is still alive he got arrested and by his own father investigeted. come one HGD has suffered a lot too like Chang Hui, but still he has more logic and the will to change the world.
now he have to see his people suffer under his eyes, but he can't do anything or all he fight for for so many years will be in vain.
This is just a excuse! he has the power to change things but still what was he (Chang Hui) doing all the time. He was sacrificing his own people for his sake.
Like HGD asked him "What gives you the right to be the king? Just because you were born as the prince??"

I really hope that HGD and Yi Nok will change him and so he will get more corage to fight for his people.[/quote]

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Feb 27th, '08, 01:57

I tried to like this drama but I can't... maybe it's all the statistically improbable coincidences that keep popping up, which is so typical of kdramas; plus the memory loss, which is also typical; and finally, and most important, I cannot get to like the lead lady at all. Yinok or however you write it in alphabet, is just too tomboyish, has no feminine qualities, and plus the female lead is not pretty to begin with... she'd fit well as HGD's sidekick during one of his heists but as a love interest? I think not.

But this drama had some genuinely funny moments - such as the nightclub, and the gold scene - and so I think this is worth a watch for killing time.

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 28th, '08, 16:42

BlueByul34 thank you so much for the translation of "Fate", you rock.

Didieliza, you're right but I think everyone can have his or her point of view and some people will be more touched by HGD's fate and other more touched by Chang Hwui's fate.
Moreover, when you write that Chang Hwui has the power to change things, right now he has no power, he's supposed to be dead, and all of the minister, except one, are with his brother.
Before doing anything for his people he must put all the chance by his side. Because if Chang Hwui is discovered and killed, his people will never have a chance to escape his brother's madness. So I think it's a little too harsh to say that he only tries to protect him. In all the great cause thare are sacrifice. That's haw the world works.
Moreover, there's a lot of thing that were Lady Noh doing, and Chang Hwui doesn't even know a word of it. His right hand man often say to Lady Noh : If the prince knows what you've done he will be upset".
So please, don't hate the poor Chang Hwui like that.

And I'm still on Yi Nok and Chang Hwui pairing, I'll never change my point of view, it's really too cute to see the way Chang Hwui acts around Yi Nok.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 28th, '08, 22:43

Another word then 'cute' can't be found to describe Chang Hui's behaviour next to Yi Nok Image
It's really sweet and these little smiles excuses for his earnest face in the beginning, I think....

but to be true, I have a bright smile on my face everytime I see Yi Nok interacting with one of them - no matter if it's Gil Dong or Chang Hui.
It's almost the same like with Delightful Girl -except *the for me not good looking* Uhm Tae Woong- I'm going crazy with all these small parts of funny & romantic pictures..
Especially in these things the Hong Sisters seems to be a guarantee :lol


so, like I said before: I can't stop ^-^ :
Image
and one for Jang Geun Suk:
Image

didiellza
Posts: 59
Joined: Feb 1st, '08, 16:24
Location: vienna

Post by didiellza » Feb 28th, '08, 23:59

BlueByul34 thank you so much for the translation of "Fate", you rock.
Yeah thank you too!!


To kawaiigarden!

First of all I want to apologize if I made you think that I don't accept other people opinions! That was really not my intent. And I am happy that not everyone has the same opinion as I, because then it wouldn't be fun to have discussions with other people. :wink:

Second!! I REALLY DO NOT HATE CHANG HWUI, in contrast I LOVE HIM. :wub: Like I said before I hope at the end he and Yi Nok will be together. (even though HGD isn't bad too, they are two great boys(characters).

Now let me tell you how I see Chang Hui's situation.
Yes you are right that Lady No is the one who does all the bad things behind his back, but finally when he is aware of some of her acting he closes his eyes. (only if Yi Nok is in danger then he is willing to help!)
I do not blame him for his acts. His parents were killed by his own halfbrother, and since then Lady No educated him and he is only taking her path, he is just a puppet for her.
What I mean is that this boy needs to find his own path. His own way of leading a nation not Lady No's. If it were not like that then Hong Gil Dongs question "Why he has to be the king, what is the difference between him and his brother?" wouldn't leave him without an answer. I think it is a good idea that both of them work for a time together. HGD can teach him and with Yi Nok's influence, I am really sure that he will be able to escape from Lady No's influence and become a great KING.
The fact that he can't do anything because he is supposed to be death is, in my point of view, an excuse! Hong Gil Dong was supposed to be death too but still he helped the people.

Hopefully I didn't make you angry! :unsure:

PS: sorry for my english, i am not good at it! :sweat:

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 29th, '08, 12:04

Me too I'm not so good in english, and I'm not angry, on the contrary, it's really great to speak about this wonderful drama with different people with different point of view.
I'm totally agree with you when you say that Chang Hwui has to choose his own path.
But I'm sure that with Yi Nok and Gil Dong he'll learn to do the right thing.
Before, his universe was turning around Lady Noh and his mission, but with Yi Nok and Gil Dong he realizes the reality of the world.
Moreover, since Gil Dong spoke to him, he can't stop thinking about what he said, so it prooves that he's changing.

For me HGD is a very good drama, because there is an evolution in the characters' personnality, and I think that is what interesting in a drama. To see the characters move on, change, and find their path.

So didiellza don't be afraid, on the contrary, you just made a new french friend who is a fan of HGD just like you.

asdfghj
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 22nd, '08, 18:48

Post by asdfghj » Feb 29th, '08, 18:55

noooooooooooooo, a want this drama to end wit GIL DONG and YI NOK.....that guy is a prince..an he might become a king...cause am guessing that's how it might end....but do you guy remember the master's saying that YI NOK has the apperance of a queen....so from that it might be c will end wit CH....but if that happens a will be really sad.......a want ha 2 end up wit GIL DONG. But since we are dealing with a flash back....and at the start they didnt show their relationship but they seem to be together...so maybe it might end that way...ohhhhhhhhhh then a will be happy..cause i think they right for each other,....an the prince can get any one he wants

User avatar
kawaiigarden
Posts: 197
Joined: Sep 15th, '06, 22:22
Location: France
Contact:

Post by kawaiigarden » Feb 29th, '08, 20:17

But the prince only wants Yi Nok, it's the first time he really wants someone.
But the song "fate" which seems to be the theme for Yi Nok/Prince relationship, seems to tell that they're looking for two differents place and that he has not the right to have her. So maybe, she'll not end up with Chang Hwui, and maybe with Gil Dong.
But technically Yi Nok is the only one who can become the future Queen.

We'll see what's going to happen.
Even if she ends up with Gil Dong I'll be happy, I love Gil Dong, it's just that I prefer Chgang Hwui.

SunStar
Posts: 225
Joined: Feb 21st, '05, 18:41
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A.

Post by SunStar » Mar 7th, '08, 00:49

oh my... i'm so stupid for not picking up this series when it first came out b/c i thought it was going to be long and boring like a lot of the ancient dramas... but this one is AWESOME AND MUCH BETTER!!!

it has touches of modern culture in it, it's so funny to watch... besides... the chemistry b/w Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yu Ri is amazing...

can't wait to see the ending...hopefully it's good and not disappointing like a lot of others i've seen recently...
RICH MAN POOR WOMAN...please have a second season for those of us who cannot get enough of Hyuga Toru & Natsui Makoto!!

aznguy808
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 7th, '07, 07:59
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Post by aznguy808 » Mar 7th, '08, 11:03

i guess i should start watching this one
what happened to the torrents for eps 1-7?

MeLu
Posts: 20
Joined: Feb 2nd, '07, 18:57
Location: South-France

Post by MeLu » Mar 7th, '08, 11:31

I can't say for the ENTAL version, but i've been downloading (and now uploading) SHINWHA episodes from 01 to 09 (complete) and 10 to 19 (not complete yet) during the past 3 days without any problem.
Hope you find what's the problem ;)

Ah, yeah, I've been missing 0,8% for episode 10 since yesterday, but that's really all :)

MeLu-waiting-for-these-horrible-0,8%!


(EDIT: I checked the peers list for episode 10, and apparently there's currently no one with more than 99,2% of the file... I know it's not nice to request that, but could anyone upload for a little bit? I'll be uploading it too when I'm done so that the other downloaders can get the missing parts as well ^^)
Anything uninteresting can be found there

didiellza
Posts: 59
Joined: Feb 1st, '08, 16:24
Location: vienna

Post by didiellza » Mar 7th, '08, 19:31

Oh Heaven I wish Yi-Nok would exist twis. So HOng Gil Dong and Chang Hwui would have her at the end and nobody's heart would get broken.

Chang Hwui is so sweet, he has confessed his feeling soo often to her. It's as plain as the nose on your face, but unfortunately she is really soooo dump (but cute at the same time).
Thanks god at Ep 17 She saw daylight and felt sad for him and had the feeling that she could have done something bad to him after he left he hidehouse. Maybe one day she will get it that HE LOVES HER.

HAHAHA HONG GIL DONG's jealousy is soo amusing. Kang Ji Hwang is one of my favourite comic actors. Since Capital Scandal, he was soo funny there too, I love his charisma. hehe

two of my favourite scenes that really creaked me up!!
Hong Gil Dong: You! What happened?

Yi Nok: Well...

Hong Gil Dong:
Something happened to Mal Nyeo, didn't it?

Yi Nok: Yes, she got hurt.

Hong Gil Dong: And so you told her, "I'm lucky." ....You even told her that you've caught tigers before, so don't worry, right?...........I should never have hunted tigers with you! You've lost all sense of fear!

Yi Nok: But it all turned out well, didn't it?

Hong Gil Dong: And if it didn't? You know how shocked I was?

Yi Nok: Then what should we have done?......If we missed this chance, it would have been worse! .....And besides, we found the sword too! ........ And besides, you weren't the one that caught the tigers! I helped out too!....... Everything turned out well, so why are you so angry?

Hong Gil Dong: You were in front of the king dressed all strange!
Why wouldn't I be angry? Do you know where that is? Why were you sitting there like that?


Yi Nok: Strange? Mal Nyeo said I looked lovely.

Hong Gil Dong: That makes me even more angry!

Yi Nok: I'm lovely?

Hong Gil Dong: The clothes are lovely. That's why it doesn't suit you! In any case, get dressed!

Yi Nok: So you think I'm lovely, right?

Hong Gil Dong: Lovely, my foot.

or at Ep 17

Yi Nok: You were beaten up by that giant,but you didn't even get any attention.

Hong Gil Dong: Beaten up? I BEAT HIM UP!!

Yi Nok: Being chief is tough. You can't even be in pain. I respect you!

Hong Gil Dong: Respect? I don't like the sound of that.

Yi Nok: I'll make your tonic soon, so wait.

Hong Gil Dong: Forget it! Give it all to the prince.
I took another kind of medicine (he means the kiss he took from her while she was sleeping). It's good stuff, and I'm cured now.


Yi Nok: What medicine?
If it's that good, give some to the Young Master too.

Hong Gil Dong: No! Absolutely not! IT IS MINE!! Stupid girl!
and there were so many others hehe love this drama so much and every next episode more! haha

I am so curious what dramatic way it will take since they now Know that Yi-Nok is the daughter of the killed Minister of Defense!! POOR YI-NOK!!

Faye-Valentine
Posts: 21
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 21:53
Location: Paris, France

Post by Faye-Valentine » Mar 9th, '08, 00:43

i'm happy to see that other people would like that YN ends with CH sometimes i fell lonely....i like HGD too but i really prefer the CH character !!!! he's sooo mysterious and all.....i just watch the ep 19 and 20 and even if i don't understand a single word of korean found them very sad, i'm afraid of the end of this drama will be............

Lucille
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 9th, '08, 00:57
Location: Virginia

Post by Lucille » Mar 9th, '08, 00:59

I agree, I just want the prince to find some happiness. I feel sorry for HGD and YN, but the prince is the one who captured my heart. However, I hope he don't do anything rash inorder to keep her.

User avatar
macross
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 28th, '05, 04:31
Location: Long Beach, CA

Post by macross » Mar 9th, '08, 01:01

I hope the prince dies then they make yi nok the queen. Is it just me or is the prince guy kinda fugly?

Lucille
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 9th, '08, 00:57
Location: Virginia

Post by Lucille » Mar 9th, '08, 01:07

How can you say that? The prince is my favorite character and I think he is very cute. He looks way better than HGD. How can you not feel sorry for him? His life is so tragic. Granted all of their lives are tragic, but his seem to have a deep physcological affect.

User avatar
macross
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 28th, '05, 04:31
Location: Long Beach, CA

Post by macross » Mar 9th, '08, 01:11

Well, from my guy point of view, he's kinda fugly lol...
I just hate him cause he trying to steal yi nok from HGD.

Is it just me or does the girl who playe eun hye look like Tokiwa Takako?
And mal nyeo reminds me of misaki itoh too!

Lucille
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 9th, '08, 00:57
Location: Virginia

Post by Lucille » Mar 9th, '08, 01:16

He was not trying to steal her. He wanted her but he wasn't going to do anything about it because he knows who has her heart. However, now that she is his intended bride and no longer a commoner, who knows what he will do.

I don't know who those people are that you mentioned. However, I do know I don't like the way eun looks. She does a weird lip thing. I don't know why HGD thinks she is cute.

User avatar
macross
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 28th, '05, 04:31
Location: Long Beach, CA

Post by macross » Mar 9th, '08, 01:22

If I were the prince, i'd get him killed and have her all to myself. But we already know from the very first opening sequence she will be with HGD in the end as a bandit.

Hrm, Tokiwa Takako was the chick from beautiful life, and misaki itoh was the chick from densha otoko. Dunno if you have seen those.

Lucille
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 9th, '08, 00:57
Location: Virginia

Post by Lucille » Mar 9th, '08, 01:26

No, I haven't seen those. Are they good? I will look for them and aren't you a little blood thirsty? First you wanted the prince to die and now you want the prince to kill HGD. I think I can tell the type of dramas you like. Did you watch DAMO?

User avatar
macross
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 28th, '05, 04:31
Location: Long Beach, CA

Post by macross » Mar 9th, '08, 01:34

Oh I said I hated the prince, but if I was him I'd want yi nok for myself.
Can't belive you never heard of beautiful life and densha otoko! Both are really good! They are jdramas though, not kdramas. Beautiful life is very sad, about a girl in a wheel chair, and densha otoko is funny funny stuff, about a nerd who loves a hot chick.

Can just google the two girls, they are very pretty from my guys point of view, dunno what a girl would think. Just like how I think the prince is kinda fugly lol but you think he's cute.

Oh I've seen some of DAMO, got it all downloaded but never watched the whole thing. Only got to episode 3 or so, forgot I had it hehe. Saw snow queen recently (cause hgd chick was in it) and watching delightful girl choon hyong or someting like that atm.

tourette
Posts: 30
Joined: Jul 17th, '07, 13:32

Post by tourette » Mar 9th, '08, 10:50

i don't know about the original fictional story of HGD but,
even if that's something that never happened before in a Hong sisters story/drama, i barely imagine a "happy" ending here; and after seeing ep 17, i would not be surprised if Hong Gil Dong was killed trying to protect the prince. ah... all that assumptions...

Faye-Valentine
Posts: 21
Joined: Jan 12th, '07, 21:53
Location: Paris, France

Post by Faye-Valentine » Mar 9th, '08, 10:53

mmmm i'm happy to see that i'm not the only people here to prefer the prince character !!! and you're right, if i were him i would have had HGD killed to keep YN just for myself !!! but i don't think HGD will be killed by protecting the prince...it's a Hong sisters drama and there is always a happy ending (even if i would prefer that...)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest