Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Coffee Prince Number One Shop (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 06:48

Teiragu wrote:Here are a couple of songs from the Coffee Prince OST that I like.
Go Go Chan!! (고고찬!!) (Feat. 요조)
http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/17820/0 ... 20Chan.mp3
White Love Story
http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/17820/0 ... 0Story.mp3

P.S. Has anyone seen "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy"? It has Gong Yoo in it, and It's about a year old but it's really funny :D

you can have the whole ost from this site:
http://www.dramabeans.com <---- she has the complete list (even the unofficial songs are there). just go to her site..

i also have some of it in my multiply account, you can see it in my siggy and visit my page for direct download. but i suggest you go visit dramabeans site too, coz hers is more complete. :thumright:

sweetrala

OSTI lo

Post by sweetrala » Aug 16th, '07, 06:49

I love the song White Love Story...whenever i hear this song it reminds me of the scene that when GY first hugged YEJ at the patio (epi 7?)...its one of the sweetest scene, and when they broke apart and it was clear how affected they were of their feelings for each other.Perfect song for a perfect scene. :wub: :roll

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 16th, '07, 07:01

Teiragu wrote: P.S. Has anyone seen "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy"? It has Gong Yoo in it, and It's about a year old but it's really funny :D
:cheers: Yeahh, it's great entertainment :cheers: I like it a lot :-) You can read a bit within the Gong Yoo Thread, Teiragu:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27876_0.htm

:music: I think, all the songs are well choosen in Coffee Prince. I like especially the songs from Tearliner & Arco :wub: but the others are great too

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 07:01

jooliepoolie wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:
haha glad i could help! the past couple of episodes of hana kimi have veen some of the best.
Your sig is making me desperatly want to watch coffee prince but its usless for me without subs :( cry

i know how that feels... but i really really lack self descipline. so decided to just watch the raw and get it over with. but im still waiting for the subs...
:mrgreen:
hey wats hanakimi stuff doin in coffee prince thread?? :glare:
:P hahahaha jk but i guess they relate b/c of the girl disguised as guy theme....
i guess thats a 'thing' now :scratch: :lol

haha.. can't help seeing someone else's siggy... !!! :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 16th, '07, 07:04

my bad! ^_^

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 07:06

littledraci wrote:
jblue wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
i know how that feels... but i really really lack self descipline. so decided to just watch the raw and get it over with. but im still waiting for the subs...
I just decided to do that today, and then ended up not having the time to, lol. I'll probably be doing to tomorrow though... the files are just sitting on my computer taunting me after all ^^.
Keep on waiting, Subs are almost done ^-^ *watched the first few minutes of the 11th raw episode....it took me a lot to stop XD
i can't help watching the raws!!! haha.. its just too addicting. i could catch up some lines though, but not entirely... and its not really a waste of time to watch it again and again :D with of without subs :whistling:

littledraci wrote: :music: I think, all the songs are well choosen in Coffee Prince. I like especially the songs from Tearliner & Arco :wub: but the others are great too
yup...!!! i do agree with you on that one. it was meticulously chosen by the song producers that the effects of the songs are just simply fantastic. you should hear the wannadies!!! the romeo and juliet song.. i think it was in eps. 8 or 9? im not sure... its a really good song... :music: :cheers:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 07:10

Yorokobi wrote:my bad! ^_^
dude.. its not your fault. you're like a blessing in disguise...
Coffee Prince or for the young/adult people
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e is for the young at hearts...
so where are we categorized? :O
haha...!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 16th, '07, 07:14

biniBningPunkista wrote:
littledraci wrote: :music: I think, all the songs are well choosen in Coffee Prince. I like especially the songs from Tearliner & Arco :wub: but the others are great too
yup...!!! i do agree with you on that one. it was meticulously chosen by the song producers that the effects of the songs are just simply fantastic. you should hear the wannadies!!! the romeo and juliet song.. i think it was in eps. 8 or 9? im not sure... its a really good song... :music: :cheers:
Yeah, I have to admit, the use of the songs is great.. I like the music from f.e. DGCH or My Girl a lot but I'm impressed how these quiet tunes catch me. I prefered the strong and powerful songs like from DGCH/My Girl but now I love the songs from Coffee Prince *going to bed with them every night since 3 weeks :blink :lol :wub: *

Teiragu

Re: OSTI lo

Post by Teiragu » Aug 16th, '07, 07:32

sweetrala wrote:I love the song White Love Story...whenever i hear this song it reminds me of the scene that when GY first hugged YEJ at the patio (epi 7?)...its one of the sweetest scene, and when they broke apart and it was clear how affected they were of their feelings for each other.Perfect song for a perfect scene. :wub: :roll
I know me too! It was a great moment. Episode 10 really shocked me though, can't wait to see what happens in ep 11 & 12.

Teiragu

Post by Teiragu » Aug 16th, '07, 07:37

biniBningPunkista wrote:
jooliepoolie wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
hey wats hanakimi stuff doin in coffee prince thread?? :glare:
:P hahahaha jk but i guess they relate b/c of the girl disguised as guy theme....
i guess thats a 'thing' now :scratch: :lol

haha.. can't help seeing someone else's siggy... !!! :D
My stupid sig isn't even showing up! GRR and it's so awesome. It's an angry strawberry with sharp teeth haha >.>
littledraci wrote:
Teiragu wrote: P.S. Has anyone seen "Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy"? It has Gong Yoo in it, and It's about a year old but it's really funny :D
:cheers: Yeahh, it's great entertainment :cheers: I like it a lot :-) You can read a bit within the Gong Yoo Thread, Teiragu:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27876_0.htm

:music: I think, all the songs are well choosen in Coffee Prince. I like especially the songs from Tearliner & Arco :wub: but the others are great too
Thanks! I'll check it out, hes such a good Actor.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 07:38

littledraci wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Yeah, I have to admit, the use of the songs is great.. I like the music from f.e. DGCH or My Girl a lot but I'm impressed how these quiet tunes catch me. I prefered the strong and powerful songs like from DGCH/My Girl but now I love the songs from Coffee Prince *going to bed with them every night since 3 weeks :blink :lol :wub: *

haha... as for me, i've been making it my very own soundtrack everyday.. lolz... i have my headphones always when im out of the house... hearing CP Ost is like being in the show and having the Ost in my life. its a kinda cheezy feeling. but i don't care. :D

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 16th, '07, 07:41

Teiragu wrote:My stupid sig isn't even showing up! GRR and it's so awesome. It's an angry strawberry with sharp teeth haha >.>

maybe you don't check the box under the edit page? that's why your siggy don't show up. you have to check it first.

Teiragu

Post by Teiragu » Aug 16th, '07, 08:02

If any of you like Japanese music, heres a good site to download the newest releases. They sometimes have OST's for Dramas and Anime. Enjoy!

http://forums.jpseek.com/thread.php?fid=16
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Teiragu wrote:My stupid sig isn't even showing up! GRR and it's so awesome. It's an angry strawberry with sharp teeth haha >.>

maybe you don't check the box under the edit page? that's why your siggy don't show up. you have to check it first.
Thanks, it works now! :D

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 16th, '07, 08:19

Teiragu wrote:I
biniBningPunkista wrote:

Thanks, it works now! :D
and its damn scary too!

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Aug 16th, '07, 17:33

@teiragu... UR SIG IS HILARIOUS!!!! i almost fell off my chair ^^
o and i didnt mean offense to anybody by my comment about the hanakimi sig
i'm watchin it rite now and i rly like soo.... yea...

anyhoo just watch ep 13&14 of coffee prince (raw)!!!! soo good!!!!
maybe later i shall put up spoilers.... BUWAHAHAHAH

jblue

Post by jblue » Aug 16th, '07, 17:57

biniBningPunkista wrote:
Yorokobi wrote:my bad! ^_^
dude.. its not your fault. you're like a blessing in disguise...
Coffee Prince or for the young/adult people
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e is for the young at hearts...
so where are we categorized? :O
haha...!
Haha, I think I'm in the same predicament! Am I a young adult or just young at heart? But I can't help but love them both ^_^. Though, Coffee Prince makes me so emotional... every time Eun Chan cries, I cry, >_<;;

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 16th, '07, 18:48

waaahh i just started watching coffee prince like 2 or 3 days ago and oh my goood, it's better that i expected.. it was my first time seeing goo yoo acting but he's soo great. i admire how he acts and his facial expressions... it seems soo real and just priceless... *sigh* the feeling of in love.. and eun hye is suuuuch a pretty boy... (OH MY PRETTY BOY...)

im not actually against gay/same sex relationship but i just couldn't exactly get why would one person have that kind of feeling towards their same gender but after watching this drama, i felt that i understood... like everything... especially the scene at the beach at ep 9.. it was really touching how he tries to supress his feeling for her (in that scene... him) but he "can't take it any longer....".. i was like,, "wow.. love can really defy everything eh?"

it's getting better every now and then.. such great actors and actresses:):)

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 16th, '07, 19:00

I have all the Mickeybaby's episodes but my TMPGenc won't convert it because the window size is 800x450, which is not a multiply of 8. I heard Yall's versions are as good as Mickeybaby's, so can someone direct me to the right direction as to where I can download Yall's versions? Cubbox anyone?

gihee

Post by gihee » Aug 16th, '07, 19:38

blue_smurf wrote:I have all the Mickeybaby's episodes but my TMPGenc won't convert it because the window size is 800x450, which is not a multiply of 8. I heard Yall's versions are as good as Mickeybaby's, so can someone direct me to the right direction as to where I can download Yall's versions? Cubbox anyone?
The website is: yall10.blog.com

However, I've been having problems downloading from that site. I think there is a limit to how many people can download it.

But on clubbox I usually go to: clubbox.co.kr/withs2cb

They have 2 versions. MickeyBaby and Ental.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Aug 16th, '07, 19:55

gihee wrote:
blue_smurf wrote:I have all the Mickeybaby's episodes but my TMPGenc won't convert it because the window size is 800x450, which is not a multiply of 8. I heard Yall's versions are as good as Mickeybaby's, so can someone direct me to the right direction as to where I can download Yall's versions? Cubbox anyone?
The website is: yall10.blog.com

However, I've been having problems downloading from that site. I think there is a limit to how many people can download it.

But on clubbox I usually go to: clubbox.co.kr/withs2cb

They have 2 versions. MickeyBaby and Ental.
Thank u. I've been there and I have problems downloading from that site.
I have problems converting Mickeybaby's files and Ental files, that's why I'm hoping it would be different with Yall versions :)

there's another site. I think it's DCInside, if I'm not mistaken.
Dang, I dunno how to DL from there LOL

Bill.Zeebub

Post by Bill.Zeebub » Aug 16th, '07, 20:39

Hmmm.. theres also two 1280 X 720 versions "720p.XviD-MickEyBABy" divx and "720p.XviD-MickEyBABy HDTV.x264-Experiment" versions. I've deen downloading those with emule, but theres only one or two sources wich are dead most of the time. Its really slow.:cry:

I'm sure that there must be some clubboxes that have these 720p files , any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: @gihee Thanks a lot for the link yall10.blog.com. Found everything that I was looking for :lol

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 17th, '07, 00:39

im not actually against gay/same sex relationship but i just couldn't exactly get why would one person have that kind of feeling towards their same gender but after watching this drama, i felt that i understood... like everything...
The beauty of Coffee Prince is how it tweaks the question of what brings men and women together, what is the basis of attraction. YEH's performance is so key here. It's not just we have a flawless depiction of a girl who has always lived as a boy; YEH is so far into this character that even her emotional reactions also dance over the line of "boy/girl." Her character's psychology is all there. Her character also US ask what or who is the "real" Eun Chan.

What about Eun Chan makes her a woman, where does her femininity begin? What aspect makes Han Kyul so attracted to her? If Han Kyul had viewed her as a girl, would he have been mean-spirited to her? Would he have been as honest/vulnerable? What about Han Sun? He knows her true gender, and so he's not afraid of exploring/showing his own curiosity/fascination toward Eun Chan. At one point, he himself admits toward trying to figure out what that is.

In Coffee Prince, we see all of the typical male bonding and conversations (mostly about their appetites) that float among guys. And, yet, because we know she's a girl, it makes us self-conscious of what those rituals really "mean" to Han Kyul and Han Sun. What would otherwise be silly bits of "guys being guys" turns into romantic gestures? Or is it still just guys being guys?

How often do we see a male protagonist that is genuinely terrified of what he wants? How often do we see a female protagonist who outright challenges the man to love outside of his own boundaries, who says "you hate me because you love me!"

What I love most about YEH's performance as Eun Chan is that she's playing her romantic life as also her awakening, both emotional and yes sexual, as a woman. At times, Eun Chan looks like she's in rapture.

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Aug 17th, '07, 04:07

you summed it up right there. that's exactly what this drama is about.

one thing you mentioned, about how Han Kyul would have treated Eun Chan if he knew she were a girl from the beginning (and they were in the similar situation with the robbery thing) is something i've been thinking about while watching this drama. he probably wouldn't have treated her very nicely (admittedly, he didn't treat her too nicely in the beginning anyway) and would probably be judgmental about her tom-boyish attitude. but then again, it could have been one of those "fated" things, and no matter what, they would end up together. it was just something i thought was interesting.

i remember there was one scene in the episode where they go to the apple orchard (can't remember which episode) when Han Kyul is on the toilet and they're talking about constipation. i was just thinking, wow, he would never be that open with her if he knew she was a girl. i think he mentioned something like that (i'm getting confused between reading the book and watching the drama) when
He finds out Eun Chan is a girl and says that he shared stuff with her that he wouldn't share with a girl...is that in the book? i can't remember...

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 17th, '07, 07:41

OMG this MV is hilarious and the music fits so well for Coffee Prince: :wub:

Teiragu

Post by Teiragu » Aug 17th, '07, 10:05

Does Coffee Prince make anyone else want to drive a Mini Cooper? or is it just me?! O_O Damn that Han Kyul anyway.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 10:43

Teiragu wrote:Does Coffee Prince make anyone else want to drive a Mini Cooper? or is it just me?! O_O Damn that Han Kyul anyway.

Mini Cooper :scratch: only with Han Kyul :lol
well, no, don't really like this car and had to laugh when I saw Han Kyul the first time driving it :mrgreen:
But now I think it fits him and almost every scene in the Cooper is one of my favorites...*omg, I have a lot of favs in Coffee Prince XD *

Why damn him anyway :lol ?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 17th, '07, 11:48

littledraci wrote:
Teiragu wrote:Does Coffee Prince make anyone else want to drive a Mini Cooper? or is it just me?! O_O Damn that Han Kyul anyway.

Mini Cooper :scratch: only with Han Kyul :lol
well, no, don't really like this car and had to laugh when I saw Han Kyul the first time driving it :mrgreen:
But now I think it fits him and almost every scene in the Cooper is one of my favorites...*omg, I have a lot of favs in Coffee Prince XD *

Why damn him anyway :lol ?

me me me!!!! i want that mini cooper!
off topic again: ever since i've watched that movie "the italian job" all that juicy mini coopers!!!! so so so wanna have and drive one.

back to coffee prince: its just today that i realized, han kyul's car is a freakin mini cooper! ack! now i'm so so so.... into coffee prince!! haha...

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 17th, '07, 11:58

biniBningPunkista wrote:
back to coffee prince: its just today that i realized, han kyul's car is a freakin mini cooper! ack! now i'm so so so.... into coffee prince!! haha...[/color]
Just now ??? :scratch: You only saw Han Kyul then the things around him, ne? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: * completely understandable :whistling: :lol *

Teiragu

Post by Teiragu » Aug 17th, '07, 17:21

littledraci wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
back to coffee prince: its just today that i realized, han kyul's car is a freakin mini cooper! ack! now i'm so so so.... into coffee prince!! haha...[/color]
Just now ??? :scratch: You only saw Han Kyul then the things around him, ne? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: * completely understandable :whistling: :lol *
Thats such an unhealthy addiction biniBning! Rehab for you. Lol jk :D No I don't really like the Mini Cooper either, it's just me watching too much CP.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Aug 17th, '07, 17:32

Dont know about you but I just clicked on that link and it tried to give me a virus...Dont know if you did that intentionaly but i suggest you remove the links.

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 17th, '07, 17:36

i remember there was one scene in the episode where they go to the apple orchard (can't remember which episode) when Han Kyul is on the toilet and they're talking about constipation. i was just thinking, wow, he would never be that open with her if he knew she was a girl.
Absolutely. I mean, would a man be giving ANY woman a noogie for affection? He let her drive his car; he let her carry him on her back to his home. He played make-believe toys with her; dude that's so uncool . . . :D

Eun Chan is herself around Han Kyul, but she is struggling to live to Han Kyul's definitions/expectations of their friendship/relationship. If and when Han Kyul forgives her, how does this fundamentally change their relationship? He can't treat her like a boy anymore, but Eun Chan can't fake being a "real" woman like Han Yoo Joo.

The beautiful thing about Coffee Prince is that Eun Chan is self-aware of this too. The mess they're in.
It makes her despair in Episode 10 moving. She's like "I'm neither a guy nor a girl to her" -- in essence, she's saying that she doesn't know *how* to have any friendship/relationship with him anymore. She's lost herself in front of this man. And at the same time, she can no longer deny how much she hurt and is hurting Han Kyul by prolonging this lie.

YEH's just so good here -- at many times in the story, she is crying like a guy, with a lot of big breathing and crouched over like a boy in the corner. But, here, she cries like a girl, her whole body accepting that she's ruined their relationship.

It's the same thing when they kiss in Episode 10. Earlier in the show, she kissed him kinda like a guy would, kinda learning over from the hips and guiding her mouth to his. But, here, after he kisses her, she kisses him back like a female does, pulling herself into her body with her arms, so that their mouths can meet. It's a marvelously choreographed scene.
There's an emotional intensity here that you just don't see with K-drama romantic comedies . . . but at the same time, it's not a melodrama. And, at the same time, it's also one of the most physical/sensual K-dramas in recent memory. What they do with their bodies is always one step ahead of what they will admit to themselves.

jblue

Post by jblue » Aug 17th, '07, 18:08

belleza wrote: Eun Chan is herself around Han Kyul, but she is struggling to live to Han Kyul's definitions/expectations of their friendship/relationship. If and when Han Kyul forgives her, how does this fundamentally change their relationship? He can't treat her like a boy anymore, but Eun Chan can't fake being a "real" woman like Han Yoo Joo.

The beautiful thing about Coffee Prince is that Eun Chan is self-aware of this too. The mess they're in.

There's an emotional intensity here that you just don't see with K-drama romantic comedies . . . but at the same time, it's not a melodrama. And, at the same time, it's also one of the most physical/sensual K-dramas in recent memory. What they do with their bodies is always one step ahead of what they will admit to themselves.
I absolutely agree. The emotional intensity between not only Eun Chan and Han Kyul, but all of the characters is one of the many reasons I love this k-drama. K-dramas always seem to grab my heart with the way they depict relationships, both of friendship and love, and this one is definitely the most sensual I've seen as well. Your body language is always a tell to how you feel and what you think, truely, and Coffee Prince has used that to it's advantage to make this an amazing show.

Though, I don't think you can really classify Han Yoo Joo as a "real" woman, as there are many different definitions of femininity, but I can see Eun Chan's dilema. She sees Yoo Joo as the type of woman she could never be, simply because that's not who she is, but hopefully both her and Han Kyul realize that's not what -he- needs or wants.

truefaceman

Post by truefaceman » Aug 17th, '07, 21:28

can any1 please help me....i so dont kno how to frickin download the dramas??im so confuse???:( n i really wanna watch coffee prince with subs??ny1 help me? im new in this site:(

truefaceman

Post by truefaceman » Aug 17th, '07, 21:35

can any1 upload this drama in youtube?...coz i cant download it:( :cry:

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 17th, '07, 23:37

The emotional intensity between not only Eun Chan and Han Kyul, but all of the characters is one of the many reasons I love this k-drama.
This adaptation is just so inspired. I went into this drama thinking (esp. since it was based on manhwa) it would be a slapstick-y show a la Hana Kimi or, erm, "Goong in drag." Instead, Coffee Prince is a nuanced romance about 4 adults who are in kind of a strange place in all of their relationships. Three of the characters here are about 30, and they all see their 20-something lives through Eun Chan..

Yoo Joo seems to be warm toward Eun Chan; Yoo Joo seems to be happy in her career and all that, but her ambition in her starving artist 20s has made her compromise her love life and maybe sense of happiness. She sees Eun Chan, who seems to be happy enough to live in the moment.

You can tell Han Sun is mentally comparing his friendship with Eun Chan toward his complicated on-and-off relationship with Yoo Joo. Nothing between Yoo Joo and Han Sun seems to surprise the couple anymore -- they know each other too well and been through too much -- and you sense that Han Sun longs for "simpler times." I love both the affectionate (also surprisingly physical and casual for a K-drama) and kinda "are you cheating on me?" half-jokes between this couple -- it just feels really authentic, really right.
I really loved the writing over how Han Sun's feelings for Eun Chan changed Yoo Joo and Han Sun's relationship, and how Han Sun can't seem to resolve it themselves. Han Sun has loved and longed over the same woman for years (as long as Han Kyul?) They just got back together; Han Sun is probably still angry about certain things, but he probably intends to spend the rest of his life with her, given this second chance.

Eun Chan doesn't figure into his plans. He, like Han Kyul, enjoys his relationship with her like a guilty pleasure, like a little secret between them that could threaten his intentions with Yoo Joo. He may be in love with Eun Chan, but he can't lose Yoo Joo. Not again. Not if this time, *he* was the reason they broke up.

Though, I don't think you can really classify Han Yoo Joo as a "real" woman, as there are many different definitions of femininity, but I can see Eun Chan's dilema. She sees Yoo Joo as the type of woman she could never be, simply because that's not who she is, but hopefully both her and Han Kyul realize that's not what -he- needs or wants.
I love how that the museum episode was written between Han Sun and Eun Chan over the above issue. And in a way, to me, it seemed like that was when Han Sun started to fall in love with her, because here this "boy-girl" was so vulnerable and generous with sharing her emotions for him, and her insecurities of not being a "pretty girl", with him.

Such beautiful acting too -- YEH didn't look for sympathy for her character in that part. It just flowed out from her character's "not a boy not really a girl" view of herself. And Sun Gung didn't overplay his character's compassion for her or his own sense of responsibility over her broken heart -- he is soothing, gentle, kind, decent. That is, he is the same friend as he was in the beginning of the drama.

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Aug 17th, '07, 23:47

belleza wrote:
The emotional intensity between not only Eun Chan and Han Kyul, but all of the characters is one of the many reasons I love this k-drama.
This adaptation is just so inspired. I went into this drama thinking (esp. since it was based on manhwa) it would be a slapstick-y show a la Hana Kimi or, erm, "Goong in drag." Instead, Coffee Prince is a nuanced romance about 4 adults who are in kind of a strange place in all of their relationships. Three of the characters here are about 30, and they all see their 20-something lives through Eun Chan..

Yoo Joo seems to be warm toward Eun Chan; Yoo Joo seems to be happy in her career and all that, but her ambition in her starving artist 20s has made her compromise her love life and maybe sense of happiness. She sees Eun Chan, who seems to be happy enough to live in the moment.

You can tell Han Sun is mentally comparing his friendship with Eun Chan toward his complicated on-and-off relationship with Yoo Joo. Nothing between Yoo Joo and Han Sun seems to surprise the couple anymore -- they know each other too well and been through too much -- and you sense that Han Sun longs for "simpler times." I love both the affectionate (also surprisingly physical and casual for a K-drama) and kinda "are you cheating on me?" half-jokes between this couple -- it just feels really authentic, really right.
I really loved the writing over how Han Sun's feelings for Eun Chan changed Yoo Joo and Han Sun's relationship, and how Han Sun can't seem to resolve it themselves. Han Sun has loved and longed over the same woman for years (as long as Han Kyul?) They just got back together; Han Sun is probably still angry about certain things, but he probably intends to spend the rest of his life with her, given this second chance.

Eun Chan doesn't figure into his plans. He, like Han Kyul, enjoys his relationship with her like a guilty pleasure, like a little secret between them that could threaten his intentions with Yoo Joo. He may be in love with Eun Chan, but he can't lose Yoo Joo. Not again. Not if this time, *he* was the reason they broke up.

I love how that the museum episode was written between Han Sun and Eun Chan over the above issue. And in a way, to me, it seemed like that was when Han Sun started to fall in love with her, because here this "boy-girl" was so vulnerable and generous with sharing her emotions for him, and her insecurities of not being a "pretty girl", with him.

Such beautiful acting too -- YEH didn't look for sympathy for her character in that part. It just flowed out from her character's "not a boy not really a girl" view of herself. And Sun Gung didn't overplay his character's compassion for her or his own sense of responsibility over her broken heart -- he is soothing, gentle, kind, decent. That is, he is the same friend as he was in the beginning of the drama.
i agree... the actors are doing such a nice job portraying complicated emotions
like for ex. when han kyung thought eunchan was a boy and was struggling b/c he liked her nevertheless
i was more surprised with yun eun hae though... her acting has really matured!!
i mean the way she can pump out tears its crazy!!!!!!
on the otherhand i'v always known gong yoo could act

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 18th, '07, 02:04

OMG! Subs up to episode 12 realeased im so happy must watch must watch!!!!!!!!
But not up on veoh yet arrggghhh!!!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 18th, '07, 06:26

Yorokobi wrote:OMG! Subs up to episode 12 realeased im so happy must watch must watch!!!!!!!!
But not up on veoh yet arrggghhh!!!
yeah!!! im so happy they have it now!!! yeyeyeyeyey!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 18th, '07, 10:23

Do not click if you dont want to be spoiled:
bed scene for episode 15: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/coff ... e/preview/

credit: soompi

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Aug 18th, '07, 10:45

deb1430 wrote:Do not click if you dont want to be spoiled:
bed scene for episode 15: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/coff ... e/preview/

omg...... :w00t: :w00t:
i was itching to click the spoiler but iwas having second thoughts i told myself im going to control myself but in the end i was defeated....i didnt believe what i was seeing...can't wait for this episode.. :lol :lol :lol

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 18th, '07, 11:02

sweetserenity08 wrote:
deb1430 wrote: omg...... :w00t: :w00t:
i was itching to click the spoiler but iwas having second thoughts i told myself im going to control myself but in the end i was defeated....i didnt believe what i was seeing...can't wait for this episode.. :lol :lol :lol
I almost fainted when I saw that preview.
it looks like HG is finally gonna get some :mrgreen:

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Aug 18th, '07, 11:04

deb1430 wrote:
sweetserenity08 wrote:
deb1430 wrote: omg...... :w00t: :w00t:
I almost fainted when I saw that preview.
it looks like HG is finally gonna get some :mrgreen:
:lol :lol :lol
they really do some serious lovin this time... :mrgreen:

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 18th, '07, 11:13

sweetserenity08 wrote:
deb1430 wrote:[quote="sweetserenity08 :lol :lol :lol
they really do some serious lovin this time... :mrgreen:
here's the long preview

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 18th, '07, 13:27

jealous.. i wish i was that in love..LOL.... im soo soo looking forward to this drama.. it always leave me sooo much good feeling!!!!!=)

sweetrala

Post by sweetrala » Aug 18th, '07, 14:11

Yehey found epi 11& 12 subbed...
http://hoomie.com/asian/moviedf416a837.htm
really made my day

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Aug 18th, '07, 18:16

:goggle:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 19th, '07, 03:52

jooliepoolie wrote:

:goggle:

OMG!!!!!!

what happened??? did anything happen??? omg! i wanna see episode 15!!!!! with or with out subs!

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 19th, '07, 14:00

I just finished watching episode 12 with subs. Man I love this show!
I was almost crying at the end of episode 11, the power in that last scene........i was speechless
And then I couldnt see episode 12 for a whole day after so I while i was doing stuff today the whole time in the back of my mind I was thinking, 'Whats gonna happen in Coffee prince!!!'

shayla

Post by shayla » Aug 19th, '07, 19:16

Just wondering.... what kind of fruits are on the table that Choi Han Kyul eats at his parents and grandmothers place? I know there are atleast kiwi there. It's in the ep1 at 18 minutes into the episode.

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 19th, '07, 19:22

Does anyone know the name of the song the play when Eung Chan and Han Kyul are at the beach at night. A really soft/sad one with english lyrics?
I really loved it but it wasn't on the OST :cry:

sweetserenity08

Post by sweetserenity08 » Aug 19th, '07, 19:28

Cleo wrote:Does anyone know the name of the song the play when Eung Chan and Han Kyul are at the beach at night. A really soft/sad one with english lyrics?
Its Across the Ocean by Azure Ray..love that song i keep on singing it.. :lol

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Aug 19th, '07, 21:25

i love that song too....i was listening to it over and over last night when i was doing my homework. :-) but of course then i couldn't concentrate because i was thinking of coffee prince!

episode 11 was amazing. i liked all the dramatic scenes, even the ones between Han Sung and Yu Ju. i found as i was watching that i almost care about their relationship as much as i care about Eun Chan and Han Kyul. at first i would just skip over it all but now i'm realizing that those scenes are just as well executed dramatically as the others. the dramatic scenes in 11 were really moving...even though it was filled with arguing its one of my favorite episodes. extremely well directed.

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Aug 19th, '07, 21:32

thanks you guys!! :cheers:
Now I'm gonna go look for it to listen to it over and over again^^
I love so much this drama :wub:

ayshaella

Post by ayshaella » Aug 19th, '07, 21:43

kotatsulove wrote:you summed it up right there. that's exactly what this drama is about.

one thing you mentioned, about how Han Kyul would have treated Eun Chan if he knew she were a girl from the beginning (and they were in the similar situation with the robbery thing) is something i've been thinking about while watching this drama. he probably wouldn't have treated her very nicely (admittedly, he didn't treat her too nicely in the beginning anyway) and would probably be judgmental about her tom-boyish attitude. but then again, it could have been one of those "fated" things, and no matter what, they would end up together. it was just something i thought was interesting.

i remember there was one scene in the episode where they go to the apple orchard (can't remember which episode) when Han Kyul is on the toilet and they're talking about constipation. i was just thinking, wow, he would never be that open with her if he knew she was a girl. i think he mentioned something like that (i'm getting confused between reading the book and watching the drama) when
He finds out Eun Chan is a girl and says that he shared stuff with her that he wouldn't share with a girl...is that in the book? i can't remember...

yes it was in the book. :) ive read the whole english translation. thanks to biniBningPunkista. it was in the latter part, i think.. maybe chapter 20.

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Aug 19th, '07, 22:38

yea that's what i thought. yea the book was awesome, i'm sad that its over. the author (Lee Sun Mi) had a big part in the script as well. the differences between the book and drama all seem pretty justified, though.

lostinasiandramas

Post by lostinasiandramas » Aug 20th, '07, 00:22

sweetserenity08 wrote:
Cleo wrote:Does anyone know the name of the song the play when Eung Chan and Han Kyul are at the beach at night. A really soft/sad one with english lyrics?
Its Across the Ocean by Azure Ray..love that song i keep on singing it.. :lol
I love that song too! :D
I don't know if it's just me, but I think the songs in Coffee Prince are really good and seem much better than other kdramas... especially the songs that are not in the official OST.
And they definitely bring the emotional level up in some of the key scenes! They are very well chosen.

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 05:54

8) satisfied til the next release-----

finally watched ep 11&12... and I'm really happy I was able to watch them right after another :notworthy:
after such a climax in with 11th episode....love it....*still speechless....*

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 20th, '07, 05:57

does anyone have any links where i can download the songs from the ost and those not on the ost??

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 06:02

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 20th, '07, 06:09

thank you!!!!!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 06:20

:-) no need since we're all addicts :lol

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 20th, '07, 06:48

Episode 16 english summary and bonus spoiler pic most likely for episode 17 (???)
Epi 16 Summary - (credit princessarwen)
HK felt that EC likes him but not to the level of wanting to be married to him.
EC says that liking and marriage is a different issue and asked if the reason for rushing into marriage is due to HK's grandma health condition.
A disappointed HK says that is one of the reason but he wants to eat, chit-chat and be with her forever that's why he wants to get married.
EC suggested to get married 5 years later.
An upset HK asked if she wants to get married or break up.
EC fell silent and look at the disappointed and upset HK.
HK's grandma wanted to see if EC is indeed a good girl so she asked HK to bring her home.
A disappointed HK says there's nothing to rush and talk about it next time.
After knowing that EC does not wanna get married, grandma decides to handle this herself and gives EC a call....

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 08:13

Thoughts on Episodes 11/12

1) Gong Yoo's emotional scenes with YEH for me, reiterated that, among the romantic leads in K-drama TV, he's maybe the most generous. Really, the difference of the "Gong Yoo style" is that he's just so in the moment with you, just so hanging on your every word and look, that his own readings are totally and believably about the other person.

So, if he plays somebody who's in anguish, he doesn't try to show the actress (i.e. the camera) that he's in anguish. Instead, he just lazers in on the actress, through his character, searching and searching until there's such a uncomfortable, piercing intimacy between him and his costar. THAT is how he conveys his anguish, just as a real lover would. It's not about him, it's about the other person . . . and therefore it becomes about him. Just wonderful acting on his part.

2) Apparently, Lee Sun Gyun (Han Sung ) is known as "The Voice" in Korean dramas. And, for his part, you can absolutely see it used in wonderful effect in his pivotal scene between Han Sung and Yoo Joo. His sonorous, gentle readings, which convincingly beguiles and soothes Go Eun Chan into a friendship, here crackle into this intense, scary roar. His eyes almost change too -- very warm and gentle into this piercing black rage. Sun Gyun's such a wonderful counterpoint to Gong Yoo, revealing in his character, somebody who like Otis Redding would say, has been loving her too long. And it's one beautiful thing about Coffee Prince, watching a contrast of acting styles and relationships to show how lovers deal with the issues of trust and forgiveness.

3) Very powerful, emotionally charged acting all around. I almost can't believe this was based on a comic, or that this was originally hyped up as a romantic comedy. This is as much a romantic comedy as, say, Alone in Love, and as this show progresses, it's moving closer and closer into that sublime Alone in Love territory, where humor is created from hightened sensitivity, and emotions are delivered levels upon levels. The story outline may be "trendy drama", but the execution is way, way, way above the outlines of this story.

4) Wonderful use of tone and unlit, moonlight spaces to show loneliness and private reflection. Again, very reminiscent of Alone in Love.

5) The use of pop songs is about the level of what you see in Korean romantic movies. It's probably not, but the soundtrack and song selections seems like something Kang Hyun Min (of Loveholic) would put together for one of his film projects. I bring that up, because one of the instrumentals sounded a bit like a version of a Loveholic tune.

6) It may be just me, but I think this series is taking a physical toll on YEH. She's starting to look really tired and emotionally spent, which ups the emotional ante of the story, but you can sense from her that she's cried a lot for this part. It could be the hours
From Goong, you could tell that Yoon Eun-hye has strong talents as a comic actress, particularly with physical comedy. In terms of facial expressions, hand gestures, and quirks with her walk, she will do 4 things where other actresses may do one or two. Also, her comic timing is about as good as a J-drama actress, knowing when to react to a line and kinda deliver the punchline. At times, in Goong, she gets near Jun Da Bin level in balancing adorability and comic wackiness.

The difference here is that, she's really, really connected the physical gestures and mannerisms into bringing out the internal life of her character. Most Korean actors do representational acting, which is that they access things in their lives and recreate a naturalistic, realistic appraoch to their roles. But YEH seems instinctively acting through observations and gestures, more of a presentational style not unlike what you see with many good J-drama and British acting leads. In that way, having to play a "boy" has forced her to build her character from the inside-out, Go Eun Chan's joy of life (through her stomach), her pragmatic approach to her own emotions, and her unresolved insecurities over being a woman. When Go Eun Chan cries, YEH cries like she imagined Go Eun Chan would. And deeply. Watch how her breathing goes heavy and erratic as Go Eun Chan can't handle what her love is saying. Watch how her eyes glaze over as if she can't get herself to think of anything else but the stinging pain of his words. Above all, watch how she looks at him, both when she's happy or sad, it's unlike anything she's done before or of any of her previous characters have conveyed. Go Eun Chan loves this man, and so does her conscience.

In that respect, episode 8-12, kind of show how much YEH has given herself into this role. She became this person, lived the emotional and physical life of this person, and she's depicting the anguish, joy and sexual awakening of her character, not a version of herself or her plucky Goong heroine. In terms of character acting, this is my pick for performance of the year in Asian drama. Goes beyond a stone-cold impression of a dude into an inspired commitment toward living as somebody else and expressing the emotional experience of somebody who wants to be truly loved and accepted on their own terms.

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Aug 20th, '07, 08:19

its not based on a comic but a novel

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 20th, '07, 08:39

belleza wrote:Thoughts on Episodes 11/12

1) Gong Yoo's emotional scenes with YEH for me, reiterated that, among the romantic leads in K-drama TV, he's maybe the most generous. Really, the difference of the "Gong Yoo style" is that he's just so in the moment with you, just so hanging on your every word and look, that his own readings are totally and believably about the other person.

So, if he plays somebody who's in anguish, he doesn't try to show the actress (i.e. the camera) that he's in anguish. Instead, he just lazers in on the actress, through his character, searching and searching until there's such a uncomfortable, piercing intimacy between him and his costar. THAT is how he conveys his anguish, just as a real lover would. It's not about him, it's about the other person . . . and therefore it becomes about him. Just wonderful acting on his part.

2) Apparently, Lee Sun Gyun (Han Sung ) is known as "The Voice" in Korean dramas. And, for his part, you can absolutely see it used in wonderful effect in his pivotal scene between Han Sung and Yoo Joo. His sonorous, gentle readings, which convincingly beguiles and soothes Go Eun Chan into a friendship, here crackle into this intense, scary roar. His eyes almost change too -- very warm and gentle into this piercing black rage. Sun Gyun's such a wonderful counterpoint to Gong Yoo, revealing in his character, somebody who like Otis Redding would say, has been loving her too long. And it's one beautiful thing about Coffee Prince, watching a contrast of acting styles and relationships to show how lovers deal with the issues of trust and forgiveness.

3) Very powerful, emotionally charged acting all around. I almost can't believe this was based on a comic, or that this was originally hyped up as a romantic comedy. This is as much a romantic comedy as, say, Alone in Love, and as this show progresses, it's moving closer and closer into that sublime Alone in Love territory, where humor is created from hightened sensitivity, and emotions are delivered levels upon levels. The story outline may be "trendy drama", but the execution is way, way, way above the outlines of this story.

4) Wonderful use of tone and unlit, moonlight spaces to show loneliness and private reflection. Again, very reminiscent of Alone in Love.

5) The use of pop songs is about the level of what you see in Korean romantic movies. It's probably not, but the soundtrack and song selections seems like something Kang Hyun Min (of Loveholic) would put together for one of his film projects. I bring that up, because one of the instrumentals sounded a bit like a version of a Loveholic tune.

6) It may be just me, but I think this series is taking a physical toll on YEH. She's starting to look really tired and emotionally spent, which ups the emotional ante of the story, but you can sense from her that she's cried a lot for this part. It could be the hours
From Goong, you could tell that Yoon Eun-hye has strong talents as a comic actress, particularly with physical comedy. In terms of facial expressions, hand gestures, and quirks with her walk, she will do 4 things where other actresses may do one or two. Also, her comic timing is about as good as a J-drama actress, knowing when to react to a line and kinda deliver the punchline. At times, in Goong, she gets near Jun Da Bin level in balancing adorability and comic wackiness.

The difference here is that, she's really, really connected the physical gestures and mannerisms into bringing out the internal life of her character. Most Korean actors do representational acting, which is that they access things in their lives and recreate a naturalistic, realistic appraoch to their roles. But YEH seems instinctively acting through observations and gestures, more of a presentational style not unlike what you see with many good J-drama and British acting leads. In that way, having to play a "boy" has forced her to build her character from the inside-out, Go Eun Chan's joy of life (through her stomach), her pragmatic approach to her own emotions, and her unresolved insecurities over being a woman. When Go Eun Chan cries, YEH cries like she imagined Go Eun Chan would. And deeply. Watch how her breathing goes heavy and erratic as Go Eun Chan can't handle what her love is saying. Watch how her eyes glaze over as if she can't get herself to think of anything else but the stinging pain of his words. Above all, watch how she looks at him, both when she's happy or sad, it's unlike anything she's done before or of any of her previous characters have conveyed. Go Eun Chan loves this man, and so does her conscience.

In that respect, episode 8-12, kind of show how much YEH has given herself into this role. She became this person, lived the emotional and physical life of this person, and she's depicting the anguish, joy and sexual awakening of her character, not a version of herself or her plucky Goong heroine. In terms of character acting, this is my pick for performance of the year in Asian drama. Goes beyond a stone-cold impression of a dude into an inspired commitment toward living as somebody else and expressing the emotional experience of somebody who wants to be truly loved and accepted on their own terms.
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your detailed comment. I couldn't have said it better myself.

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 08:41

I thought it was based on a manhwa. But I didn't look into the translation of the novel yet, so I wasn't sure whether it was a real novel or a graphic novel (i.e. comic.)

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 13:37

You guys won't believe it :blink I'm not believibg it myself...
Since Getaway - Texas is one of my favorites from CP I'm hearing it up and down while driving.....and the radio station plays it right now :goggle:... :lol They didn't play it for years and now they found it again :cheers:
Last edited by littledraci on Aug 20th, '07, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

anime76

Post by anime76 » Aug 20th, '07, 15:44

wow belleza, i really enjoy your analysis of CP. Love it !

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Aug 20th, '07, 19:11

i love reading such a detailed analysis. i'm glad people are thinking deeply about this series...i think its awesome when people explore the features of a drama, the actual aspects that make it the hit that it is.

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 20th, '07, 21:33

Episode 15 was just the BOMB!!!! :wub: I dont think I'll be able to sleep my heart is beating so fast it's insane! spoilerish:

caffienejunkie

Post by caffienejunkie » Aug 20th, '07, 23:26

Did anyone else think it was adorable when in episode 12
Eun Chan and Han Kyul just made up and went back to Coffee Prince. Suddenly all the other Princes were making fun of her in an adorable way :wub: :wub: :wub: . Oh my gosh, that scene was so CUTE!!! That was the first time I remember seeing all of those guys relaxed, especially the Japanese guy. And the little text message thing--CUTE!!! I also loved it when those 2 princes were in the bathroom and the Japanese guy asked "which one do you think she likes better? She saw mine, too." rofl
@ deb1430 - I watched the spoiler link you gave... *dies*. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! It's been such a long time since I liked a korean show this much.... Maybe the last one was My Girl or MNIKSS

@ belleza - Your analysis was perfect. I love the actors and actresses in this drama--there's not a single one that I dislike. Han Kyul and Eun Chan's relationship looks so REAL. They have great chemistry. And you're right when you say YEH is great in this show. She is already acting better than she did in Goong (IMO). Or maybe it's just because I feel that her character has a lot more depth in this show. Whatever it is, she is acting wonderfully and has become one of my favorite actresses. Same with the male lead.

Coffee prince = :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 21st, '07, 03:28

Since Getaway - Texas is one of my favorites from CP I'm hearing it up and down while driving..
Oh I know. When I heard Texas, I was like "ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!" :D
And you're right when you say YEH is great in this show. She is already acting better than she did in Goong (IMO)
I should probably mention that I'm not a big fan of YEH, per se. I kinda went into the show expecting Hana Kimi slapstick comedy (i.e. My Girl with a wig), and certainly she would have been a good choice for that kind of show. I think Lee Sun Gyun was cast before Gong Yoo, and I had thought they were really going to pair those two together. I wouldn't be surprised if Gong Yoo was actually a second choice. Nonetheless, he was why I decided to watch the show.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/08/gong- ... -pictured/

What the screenwriter/novelist says:
Gong Yoo (playing Choi Han Gyul) was undoubtedly that character. He came across both like a youthful boy as well as a man, as well as being difficult to please… Even without having signed the contract, afterward when I was adapting the story, I only had Gong Yoo in mind as I wrote
From YEH's side, this show and Vineyard Man, playing off late 20/30-something male leads, also means that YEH's made the transition from idol actress to a top romantic lead actress. Keeping that in mind, watch how your and other people's perception of YEH changes when she goes back to Goong 2. After you've seen her play off of The Voice and The Eternal Adolescent, I don't know . . . I mean, no offense to the boys from Goong, but uhh . . . ;)
Did anyone else think it was adorable when in episode 12
>> I also loved it when those 2 princes were in the bathroom and the Japanese guy asked "which one do you think she likes better? She saw mine, too." rofl

And they were probably serious too -- I mean, guys gotta know, you know? :D

Another thing I love about Episode 12 is that the episode starts out with Han Gyul and Eun Chan swinging away at each other. Instead of prolonging the inevitable makeup and following through with the obligatory romantic triangles, the writers just let them fight all through Episodes 11 and 12 until they got it out of them. No delays. No endless pontification.

And no easy apologies either. YEH must have lost a litre of water with all the tears she shed through the 2 episodes, but it was a brave choice by the writers to make them fight like real lovers would, and not in the distant passive-aggressive stuff we're used to seeing K-melodramas. They fight and fight until they've done fighting. And then they forgive each other, grow from it, and move on.

The original novel more or less ends with Episode 12, and you have to credit the writers for not overextending the emotional release of the core story. Moreover, by not dipping into another romantic triangle, the writers allow us to appreciate the friendships they already have with the supporting characters. Love is complicated, but it's not always selfish.

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 21st, '07, 04:19

source: Movieweek & dcgung.u.to

credit for the translation: smr05 of soompi

Coffee Prince's heroine YOON EUN HYE

"For my next project, I want to perform in an artistic production"

YEH has risen to stardom through her portrayal of a bright young female character in both Goong and The Vineyard Man. In Coffee Prince, YEH's portrayal of tomboy Eunchan has earned her the love from the whole nation. Here is the brief, yet hard-earned interview we had with a very schedule tight YEH.

Q. In the past you've acted as a pretty character in romantic comedic genres. This time you are playing the role of a "not so pretty" Eunchan, which i'd have imagined wouldnt have been as desirable to take up.

YEH: No not at all. I was actually looking for a character to bring me a new change. I thought of the role of Eunchan as taking myself up for new challenge. I took this role because I wanted to be transformed. But of course, I did get a little frightened when I had to cut my hair short. This was the time when I was just starting to be labelled as being "pretty" by various media, haha. :lol

Q. In the drama we get to see you sleep with your mouth slightly open. Is this a habit of yours or is something you created for the role?

YEH: Well, im not sure. Whenever i look at pictures of myself when i was a kid, and seeing as there hasnt been too much of a difference since then...~ :lol

Q. In the first half of the drama, we could see an Eunchan who was contemplating between HK and HS. In real life, which style of men do you go for?

YEH:
I like a man who doesnt talk as much but still has wit and a sense of humour.* Honestly, arent both HK and HS moshitso? To me, both men are moshitso. (im going to assume we all know what "moshitso" means.. to this day i still dont know an exact english replacement)

Q. Lee Yoon Jung PD who directed 'Taereungsun Soochun' (a dramatic 4 episode miniseries) has taken a more feminine approach to this drama. Im assuming there would have been a difference in working styles between LYJ PD and Hwang InRoi PD who produced Goong.

YEH: When it comes to producing, both PD's are brilliant. HIR PD is scary yet pin points the actors' strengths and weaknesses which helps in our development. His words of encouragement also helps us to act better. LYJ PD makes the environment of the set very enjoyable. She lets us act well by making us feel comfortable. Both PD's have given me a tremendous amount of help which im very thankful for.

Q. Through this Coffee Prince transformation you have once again been praised and acknowledged as an actress. Performance wise, what will you be doing after this?

YEH: Im really looking for a project that isnt solely after the general mainstream production. An artistic project. I want to perform in an artistic project where i can be acknowledged solely for my acting ability as an actress. If I wait the chance will come right?
Last edited by deb1430 on Aug 21st, '07, 04:52, edited 2 times in total.

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Aug 21st, '07, 04:19

belleza wrote: Keeping that in mind, watch how your and other people's perception of YEH changes when she goes back to Goong 2. After you've seen her play off of The Voice and The Eternal Adolescent, I don't know . . . I mean, no offense to the boys from Goong, but uhh . . . ;)
Actually she will not be doing Goong 2. She terminated her contract with 8Peaks (Goong Production company which is also her management company) They have been having a dispute for a very long time because they also tried to prevent her from taking The Vineyard Man, Que Sera, Sera and even Coffee Prince.
Eunhye was confirmed to be starring in the MBC drama "Que Sera Sera" and had even participated and completed the script reading/practising for the upcoming drama shoot. However, 8 Peaks had cancelled Eunhye's involvement in Que Sera Sera without her permission in order for Eunhye to star in 8 Peaks' self produced drama. Because of QSS filming getting delayed the QSS PD were kind of blaming YEH cause they thought that she was being flaky, when that is far from the truth. She had no idea that 8 Peaks would just cancel her participation like thatt. Eun Hye was hospitalized from stress because of what happened.

It got pretty messy, thank God she is finally free from 8 Peaks.

source: yooneunhye.cn
Credit for translating: kfanatics

韩国女星近来经纪约「大风吹」,包含尹恩惠、金宣儿和宋慧乔等合约到期的女星,都成了各大经纪公司争夺的目标,其中最抢手的是尹恩惠,因为各公司争抢,她身价又涨,拍戏一集的价码高达2000万韩币(约71万台币)。
Many korean actresses contracts are up for renewal, those with expiring contracts include Yoon Eun Hye, Kim Soon Ah and Song Hye Kyo are the targets of many artistes management agencies. Due to interest shown by many agencies, YEH’s worth had risen again, one drama episode commands up to 2000 thousand won ( about 71 k Taiwan dollars)

韩彩英首先在日前签入「星南Actors」经纪公司,准备以新片改走熟女路线;尹恩惠与前东家Eight Peaks合约纠纷已解,身价高涨的她,成为各家经纪公司积极抢人目标。
Han Chae Young recently had signed up with 「星南Actors」Agency, is ready to take up mature womanly roles: the dispute between YEH and 8Peak has been resolved, many agencies are now eyeing to sign her up.

同属Sidus HQ的金宣儿、宋慧乔,合约则分别在本月底、下月初到期。金宣儿自「我叫金三顺」後就无代表作,电影也临阵喊卡,因此传出她对经纪公司不满想跳槽。
Sidus’s HQ Kim Sun Ah and Song Hye Kyo, both contracts will expired this month end and early next month respectively. Kim Soon Ah since「我叫金三顺」had no other drama and film offers, therefore it was rumoured that she is not satisfied with the agency and have intention to move to another agency.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Aug 21st, '07, 06:26

i will not look for spoilers..
i will not look for spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: