Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Thank You (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

A life altering experience

Post by Rob Boyd » Jun 23rd, '07, 22:05

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite of amid all of the great KDramas and JDramas that I've seen since being drawn into this fabulous world, but I will say this; 'Thank You' is at least as good or better than any of them. The characters in this drama draw will you into their confused lives and situations and you'll end up riding the emotional roller-coaster in an almost breathless state until the final conclusion. Along the way, the audience learns a great lesson about compassion and understanding regarding situations that should be basic and simple, but are often lost in the translation in a world where rumor often becomes fact and ignorance breeds fear and contempt for what is unknown and misunderstood. The main characters have all been discussed at length here and in other threads but I would advise the uninitiated to pay special attention to the superb performances turned in by the veteran actor shin Goo,as Mr. Lee and the wonderful young actress who portrays little Lee Bom. You'll smile when she laughs and cry when she cries and you will come out better for having had her in your life. She doesn't dazzle you with the absolute cuteness that little Shinbi did in 'Wonderful Life' but her plain, non judgmental outlook on life breaks down even the most tainted of hearts that surround her in among those in the adult world and her touching, heartfelt performance is guaranteed to melt all but the most stoic of viewers.

If you only watch one KDrama this year, let this be the one. You will be the one that says "thank you" to the creators of this wonderful story for the warmth that it will surely bring to your heart. :cheers:
Last edited by Rob Boyd on Jun 24th, '07, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 24th, '07, 12:41

Thank you, belleza and faith696 for the explaination... I get what its means already.

And ya, this is the best drama of the year i mean 2007. Its very good, everyone who love korea drama should watch this drama..

THANK YOU IS THE BEST DRAMA SO FAR FOR 2007... watch it anhnie !
(but MISA is still number1)

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 05:37

Image

..I finished it yesterday...and I still want to watch it again today :lol
This drama is, like you said before, really one of the best this year. I was suprised after starting to watch it, because of this plot AIDS - child - single mother...
The actress who played Young Shin convinced me to like her with Lets go to school, sang Doo! and after watching Biscuit Teacher aka Hello My Teacher I decided to go for the next drama with her :lol that's the reason I thought, even if the plot sounds a bit like others I'll give it a try..

Ah, and what i have to mention is the speed of the story, how the story goes on...if you're not really into the drama you might say it's slow. But for me, the story needed this time to develop. I'm glad they didn't put in some BIG happenings and turns like she goes back to the father of Bom and then back to Min Go. And even the death of Mr. Lee *damn good actor btw* wasn't portrait as such a big event.. it was/is the flow of life

I think, Thank You lives from this statement of reality.

Ahhh, and in my euphoria I'll add a wallpaper I made from those less photos out there :scratch:
Image
Image

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 09:05

Thank You is still my favorite drama of the year, though Coffee Prince is getting really close . . . In any case, I think MBC has had a wonderful run of shows this year. HIT was very good; Good Wife was surprisingly good and one the funniest shows I've seen this year; Coffee Prince flirts with Alone in Love-esque greatness; I even enjoyed Goong S and Air City. But Thank You is still at the top for me. It's an existential drama about family -- what it means to find yourself with the bonds of other people, and to appraise life's opaque meaning through a time and place. Even though Thank You wasn't produced with the same budget as many of the other shows, no other show this year more beautifully weaves its location/setting into the show's emotional experience. These characters' desolation is married to the show's wide spaces. These characters' spiritual cleansing and rebirth is tied into the oceans and river banks and green pastures. Even the country houses with running water speak to a kind of personal labouring that each character must go through before they can heal.
The actress who played Young Shin convinced me to like her with Lets go to school, sang Doo! and after watching Biscuit Teacher aka Hello My Teacher
I think, objectively, I can see where she tends to play variations of the same role now. But for me, that role is that most actresses long to play, the "neither here not there" wanderer who has "neither" conventional family "nor" social status to claim. She's adept at interpreting the murky recesses of her character, so that the unique circumstances of the story become the person. Thank You is one of her most subtle performances, but she brings an easy hand to her style and she's also very, very good at interacting with her male costars. There's not many other Korean female actresses who can connect with their male costars as well as she does.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Aug 20th, '07, 09:55

Wah, littledraci..

I steal ur wallpaper again.. Its great.... Yayaya, i notice that MBC drama is worth to wacth. If i not mistaken Time Of Dog And Wolf oso from MBC..

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Aug 20th, '07, 12:01

:mrgreen: :lol no problem, bean :lol
yes, Dog&Wolf is from MBC too..*I'm barely looking what company it is from :scratch: *

Gong Hyo Jin, the actress, is one of the better korean actresses, that's for sure and she improved her acting in comparison to Sang-Doo and Biscuit Teacher, but the story from Thank You give her more space to show her ability, I think.
She had more to handle than 'just' her love life in the drama..

Another point i truly love at this drama, was the fact, that the illness of Bom wasn't that clearly shown as in Sang-Doo.. I mean, it's not mentioned in every episode and they don't show her feeling unwell. But throughout the drama, you'll never be able to forget the fact, that she has AIDS.
Ah, what I want to say is, that they don't have to show you every detail but you still know, what they / it means, you can think over it by yourself.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Aug 20th, '07, 22:13

Another point i truly love at this drama, was the fact, that the illness of Bom wasn't that clearly shown as in Sang-Doo.. I mean, it's not mentioned in every episode and they don't show her feeling unwell. But throughout the drama, you'll never be able to forget the fact, that she has AIDS.
About halfway into the show, I realized that Thank You wasn't going to resolve the issue of Bom's sickness at all, and that the ending of the show would be not a "true ending." And what I mean is, Thank You is written as a chapter of the life between Bom and Shin; this chapter is about Bom finding a father. The next chapter may be about Shin and her love life. Some future chapter will be about Bom's later stages. And beyond that, what happens to Shin and the people around her after she loses her child.

And because Thank You is set up that way -- a specific midpoint in their lives (when they finally found a dad and thus something of a complete family) -- Lee Kyung Hee could relax the need to write a storyline having a proper beginning, middle and end. She didn't feel a need to make Bom's illness the central part of the story, or even a romantic triangle the central part of the story. Moreover, she didn't feel a need to give us a lengthy backstory to Min Ki Seo's previous relationship or Suk Hyun's history with Shin. It doesn't matter. Because from the story's point of view, there was no real pressure to completely resolve anything except to clearly lay down what this moment meant. Instead, all of these things are embedded into the acting and the dialogue, and we're dropping in on their lives in "midpoint."

Thus, the original title of the series "There We Were" -- Lee Kyung Hee wanted to crystalize a moment in their lives, but also make us see it, feel it, from the bigger picture of all their lives. Thus we could really feel the familial and spiritual flux around Bom's sickness.

Lee Kyung Hee personally feels that Sang Do is her best script, over both Thank You and MiSa. But, I think this is her most successful experiment in regards to her writing. And, I bring up this whole "transitional drama" thing because that was the signature style of In Jung-Ok, who wrote Ruler of Your Own World and Ireland, both dramas which similar to Thank You, pit people in a state of "neither here nor there" and us the viewer smack dab in the middle of their predicament. In Jung-Ok's voice is more wry and even dispassionate, but the same sense of belonging and spiritual drift is there.

User avatar
gummonster
Posts: 290
Joined: Apr 14th, '06, 19:00
Location: USA

Post by gummonster » Aug 20th, '07, 23:32

I LOVE THIS DRAMA, i love the main leads, and especially LEE BOM, she's so adorable. the main actress and actor were incredible, they are a very cute couple, hope that they'll work together again later on.

Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

Post by Rob Boyd » Aug 21st, '07, 04:26

Has anyone had the chance to see the movie 'Meet Mr. Daddy' (which features Seo Shin Ae as a sickly girl whose mother leaves her in the care of a small time swindler)? I haven't seen the movie, but the previews show our little sweetheart being every bit as engaging as her character in 'Thank You.'

I really hope that she wins an award for giving us Lee Bom. Such a talented little girl with a great future ahead.

:salut:

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Aug 21st, '07, 05:33

Wah, beleza :O

I never tot this drama have such a point of view.. I just watch it as a drama and nvr tot about those thing at all, i mean this is oni a chapter showing them finding the 'father'. I never noe that this drama have such a deep meaning.. Wao, u really open my eyes.

Oh, ya, look like i must watch Sang Doo Lets Go To School since its the writter best script. :lol ( Still i like MISA more)

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Aug 21st, '07, 06:26

Haven't seen 'Meet Mr. Daddy' :scratch: *well I'm going to look for it :-) *

These point of view came only at the end of Thank You through my mind... I think, with this sentence at the end of the last episode. It was like a final sentence for a period - or with bellezas word: chapter - let's go to the next one....

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Aug 21st, '07, 09:30

:lol I missed Boom and the grandpa very much. Cant wait to buy it..><
What is Meet Mr.Daddy ?? Haiz. i was spamming the thread but i still wanna noe what drama is it meet meet mr.daddy..

littledraci, i notice that there is a guy from 1 litre of tears in ur siggie. N oso junki.. Glad that u like them...

Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

Post by Rob Boyd » Aug 21st, '07, 16:11

You can just google 'Meet Mr. Daddy' or it's alternate title, "Shiny Day' for information. So far, it's been released for sale by several outlets, but I've yet to see it listed on any of the sites for streaming. I googled Seo Shin Ae (Lee Bom) and found two clips of her (auditioning and in the movie) under the 'video" heading.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Aug 21st, '07, 16:20

Rob Boyd wrote:You can just google 'Meet Mr. Daddy' or it's alternate title, "Shiny Day' for information. So far, it's been released for sale by several outlets, but I've yet to see it listed on any of the sites for streaming. I googled Seo Shin Ae (Lee Bom) and found two clips of her (auditioning and in the movie) under the 'video" heading.
Thanks for explaining.. :lol

Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

Post by Rob Boyd » Aug 21st, '07, 16:24

You're welcome, bean, enjoy the clips. :-)

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Aug 23rd, '07, 00:11

I never tot this drama have such a point of view.. I just watch it as a drama and nvr tot about those thing at all, i mean this is oni a chapter showing them finding the 'father'. I never noe that this drama have such a deep meaning.. Wao, u really open my eyes.
LONG shpeel about Leen Kun

Thanks. :) LONG shpeel about Lee Kyung Hee to follow . . .
Yeah, the thing with Lee Kyung Hee is that she's kind of a virtuoso with narrative and screenwriting device tropes, but she also has problems following through with her ambition. And, this is also true with Thank You to a degree.

What initially attracted me toward Thank You wasn't the story itself, but that through the first 4-6 episodes, LKH kept on screwing with my head with how she was laying out the humorous and melodrama bits. I wasn't sure whether I liked it -- I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry (because, again, the sad bits comes at you like random accidents and many of the funny bits seems rooted from genuine tragedy) and sometimes I did both -- but I couldn't stop watching it.

The last third of the show is written more conventionally, more of a adjuhmma weepfest, but by then, I had completely given in to this drama and loved all the characters. But, again, that is classic Lee Kyung Hee ,and most of her works are like this.

A lot of Lee Kyung Hee's story seems also preoccupied with sin and salvation, and less so with the bonds of family. Most Korean melodramas -- rather unique to Korean telenovelas -- are family dramas refracted into a history of smoke and mirrors, with issues of trust and deception. The Korean melodrama is about resolving the illusion; even if the consequence is chaos and more suffering, the truth of the original family is "restored" even through death.

However, Lee Kyung Hee take this further. It isn't enough that people find out they really love or that they remember each other. In Lee Kyung Hee's world, the mystery is only a setup for the "journey"; it is merely a way for which her characters must go through the "trials" and walk the journey as brothers and sisters. She's not so much preoccupied with the experience of isolation and connection, but New Testament-friendly things like grace, forgiveness, surrender, etc. About souls in crisis, about demons and angels and an appeal to that which is greater than yourself. Now, she doesn't spell these things out and she doesn't sermonize, but it's all there within her approach toward the melodrama.

Blue Island is really about purgatory. In removing the distractions of an urban environment, the inhabitants HAVE to face their ghosts. If you watch Thank You from that kind of standpoint, the drama overall just takes you away.

MiSa kinda works like this too. From the outset it looks like a revenge melodrama with the standard "secret" plot twist, but LKH is serious about telling MiSa into a Cain and Abel fable. In terms of choices she made with the script, she decided to emphasize the duality of their situation -- master/servant, celebrity/commoner, innocent/sinner, etc.

The story has a satirical, almost cartoony sense of opposition -- the style is grounded more in comedy (esp. the rival male character) than melodrama, except that the situation is awful. And in fact, the story at times comes close to making the viewer dangerously aware of its very broad setup.

But then she does a brilliant twist with the main character. Unlike the standard K-drama, the main character has very few lines through the first half of the drama. And in doing so, she forces you not to observe the main character, but to vicariously live the main character's point of view. You understand his rage, his own sense of injustice. Because LKH sets up a world that is so patently have/have-not -- and then shuts the main character up but for his eyes glaring back at the world -- you learn to hate the masters with their irresponsible posturing, the celebrities with a cackle at their small slights, the so-called innocents with a sneer at their beatific faces. You understand how his love is vengeance, and though you know what he will do is evil, you gain sympathy for the devil. Had she written the first half of the story where the main character was allowed to normally express his own point of view or more actively "talk" with the other characters, then we would have separated ourselves from him. We would have judged him from a more objective place, and the characters against convention. But because he has few lines but functional, and because So Ji Sup can act entirely from the eyes, we are immersed in personal experience.

And, of course through this vacarious first perspective, you recognize the one light in his life. And therefore you know how deeply and tenderly he's capable of love. LKH then asks the viewer in episode 8 to relax your expectations of melodrama and love, and then ask you a more potent question. Before his time, can this man be saved? Can he find peace? Through her, can he finally go with God? Part of MiSa's power, much like Thank You's power, is that in the viewer identifying with the morality play behind the plot, and then to relax expectations of story for the sake of the characters.

Finally . . . Lee Kyung Hee's work tends to be crucial in changing how the industry views the actors/actresses. Her effect is a little like that of Steven Sodenbergh on Hollywood. She often works with actors on the comeback, up-and-coming stars, and unknown -- in other words, often people known for "image" and are now looking for "credibility" as real actors.

LKH's next project (with the writer from Autumn Tale/Winter Sonata) will be another melodrama Timeless. The cast represents the next generation of Korean starlets, Moon Geun-young, Lee Yeon-Hee, and Jang Geun Suk, and it will herald the next generation of actors/actresses.

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 23rd, '07, 02:06

belleza wrote:
Yeah, the thing with Lee Kyung Hee is that she's kind of a virtuoso with narrative and screenwriting device tropes, but she also has problems following through with her ambition. And, this is also true with Thank You to a degree.

What initially attracted me toward Thank You wasn't the story itself, but that through the first 4-6 episodes, LKH kept on screwing with my head with how she was laying out the humorous and melodrama bits. I wasn't sure whether I liked it -- I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry (because, again, the sad bits comes at you like random accidents and many of the funny bits seems rooted from genuine tragedy) and sometimes I did both -- but I couldn't stop watching it.

The last third of the show is written more conventionally, more of a adjuhmma weepfest, but by then, I had completely given in to this drama and loved all the characters. But, again, that is classic Lee Kyung Hee ,and most of her works are like this.

A lot of Lee Kyung Hee's story seems also preoccupied with sin and salvation, and less so with the bonds of family. Most Korean melodramas -- rather unique to Korean telenovelas -- are family dramas refracted into a history of smoke and mirrors, with issues of trust and deception. The Korean melodrama is about resolving the illusion; even if the consequence is chaos and more suffering, the truth of the original family is "restored" even through death.

However, Lee Kyung Hee take this further. It isn't enough that people find out they really love or that they remember each other. In Lee Kyung Hee's world, the mystery is only a setup for the "journey"; it is merely a way for which her characters must go through the "trials" and walk the journey as brothers and sisters. She's not so much preoccupied with the experience of isolation and connection, but New Testament-friendly things like grace, forgiveness, surrender, etc. About souls in crisis, about demons and angels and an appeal to that which is greater than yourself. Now, she doesn't spell these things out and she doesn't sermonize, but it's all there within her approach toward the melodrama.

Blue Island is really about purgatory. In removing the distractions of an urban environment, the inhabitants HAVE to face their ghosts. If you watch Thank You from that kind of standpoint, the drama overall just takes you away.

MiSa kinda works like this too. From the outset it looks like a revenge melodrama with the standard "secret" plot twist, but LKH is serious about telling MiSa into a Cain and Abel fable. In terms of choices she made with the script, she decided to emphasize the duality of their situation -- master/servant, celebrity/commoner, innocent/sinner, etc.

The story has a satirical, almost cartoony sense of opposition -- the style is grounded more in comedy (esp. the rival male character) than melodrama, except that the situation is awful. And in fact, the story at times comes close to making the viewer dangerously aware of its very broad setup.

But then she does a brilliant twist with the main character. Unlike the standard K-drama, the main character has very few lines through the first half of the drama. And in doing so, she forces you not to observe the main character, but to vicariously live the main character's point of view. You understand his rage, his own sense of injustice. Because LKH sets up a world that is so patently have/have-not -- and then shuts the main character up but for his eyes glaring back at the world -- you learn to hate the masters with their irresponsible posturing, the celebrities with a cackle at their small slights, the so-called innocents with a sneer at their beatific faces. You understand how his love is vengeance, and though you know what he will do is evil, you gain sympathy for the devil. Had she written the first half of the story where the main character was allowed to normally express his own point of view or more actively "talk" with the other characters, then we would have separated ourselves from him. We would have judged him from a more objective place, and the characters against convention. But because he has few lines but functional, and because So Ji Sup can act entirely from the eyes, we are immersed in personal experience.

And, of course through this vacarious first perspective, you recognize the one light in his life. And therefore you know how deeply and tenderly he's capable of love. LKH then asks the viewer in episode 8 to relax your expectations of melodrama and love, and then ask you a more potent question. Before his time, can this man be saved? Can he find peace? Through her, can he finally go with God? Part of MiSa's power, much like Thank You's power, is that in the viewer identifying with the morality play behind the plot, and then to relax expectations of story for the sake of the characters.

Finally . . . Lee Kyung Hee's work tends to be crucial in changing how the industry views the actors/actresses. Her effect is a little like that of Steven Sodenbergh on Hollywood. She often works with actors on the comeback, up-and-coming stars, and unknown -- in other words, often people known for "image" and are now looking for "credibility" as real actors.

LKH's next project (with the writer from Autumn Tale/Winter Sonata) will be another melodrama Timeless. The cast represents the next generation of Korean starlets, Moon Geun-young, Lee Yeon-Hee, and Jang Geun Suk, and it will herald the next generation of actors/actresses.
Wow, belleza, you are very good at these analysis writings. :D

I haven't seen Thank You....yet. But trust me, I will, and hopefully soon.
:offtopic: What caught my attention in belleza's post was Timeless. Boy would that be the Kdrama of a lifetime. Thank you so much for the info, I can't wait!

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:22

What caught my attention in belleza's post was Timeless.
Timeless and Cain+Abel are the two shows that I think a lot of people have their eyes on for 2008. And they represent the two major developments continuing from 2007.

A) The 1986-88 generation are making their move into lead roles. Note that, for the most part, they're taking dramatic parts, not the romantic comedic roles, and actresses like Lee Yeon Hee (17 when she did Millionaire's First Love against Hyung Bin, 18 when she acted in One Fine Day) are already doing serious art films. Like Park Shin Hye, Moon's been primed for stardom since her early teens, so this is going to be her proper debut as an adult actress.

B) The men of Hallyu are back. Jang Hyuk resurrected his career with Thank You. Song Seung Hun, Bae Yong-jun, and -- oh yeah -- So Ji Sup are all making comebacks, and I imagine Won Bin and Kong Sang Woo are going to follow suit.

User avatar
Ssang
Posts: 148
Joined: Feb 26th, '06, 07:06

Post by Ssang » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:47

I'm watching - and loving- this show at the moment. I can't seem to be able to download the avis fast enough.

Currently watching ep 5.

User avatar
teemu8
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 16:21
Location: FRANCE

Post by teemu8 » Sep 17th, '07, 11:04

i start watching this drama after reading your posts , i really like this show i just know the lead female actress :salut:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Sep 17th, '07, 13:56

teemu8 wrote:i start watching this drama after reading your posts , i really like this show i just know the lead female actress :salut:
:cheers: nice to hear, hope your mood will stay this way until the end :-)

User avatar
teemu8
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 16:21
Location: FRANCE

Post by teemu8 » Sep 19th, '07, 13:46

i finished watching this drama(one of my fav dramas this year) and the end is not too sad :thumright: and the male actor is pretty good my first time to see him ,he's a great actor.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Oct 10th, '07, 22:18

Saw Jang Hyuk for the first time here too. It seems these matured actors are more and more interesting for me ^-^ Happy to hear you liked it. :thumright:

I'm currently re-watching it *for checking it to burn*..only wanted to take a look in each episode...but it ended in watching the whole drama again...just love it... watched epsido 12 *my favorite btw* love the scenes between Jang Hyuk& Young Shin and JH & Lee Bom in this episode!! :notworthy:
Aahhh.. and the real father of Bom..... annoying..but interesting to see his story nevertheless ^-^






haha... just want to awake this thread again :mrgreen: :salut: :mrgreen:

saturnfly
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 18th, '07, 03:47
Location: Indiana

Post by saturnfly » Oct 22nd, '07, 00:30

I can't believe how long it's taking me to see episode 9 and how much stuff i've gone through! I started watching this drama on mysoju, but not they are having some problems and the link has been broken for some time now.

Can anybody tell me where I can find this with subtitles? I tried the torrent on here, but the sound is missing.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Oct 22nd, '07, 06:51

saturnfly wrote:I can't believe how long it's taking me to see episode 9 and how much stuff i've gone through! I started watching this drama on mysoju, but not they are having some problems and the link has been broken for some time now.

Can anybody tell me where I can find this with subtitles? I tried the torrent on here, but the sound is missing.
Oh, actually u can watch this drama at www.veoh.com and it have all the subtitle, plus download from veoh no need wait so long. I remmeber i dl Thank You from veoh when i watch the drama. If u ncat find the sub, just go soompi to find it.I hate dl from torrent.This streaming video website is great. It have almost all the drama i wanna watch. Erm, u can actually search it for urself. The link i was just randomly click.
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172248 << soompi website.

saturnfly
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 18th, '07, 03:47
Location: Indiana

Post by saturnfly » Oct 22nd, '07, 18:54

bean wrote:
saturnfly wrote:I can't believe how long it's taking me to see episode 9 and how much stuff i've gone through! I started watching this drama on mysoju, but not they are having some problems and the link has been broken for some time now.

Can anybody tell me where I can find this with subtitles? I tried the torrent on here, but the sound is missing.
Oh, actually u can watch this drama at www.veoh.com and it have all the subtitle, plus download from veoh no need wait so long. I remmeber i dl Thank You from veoh when i watch the drama. If u ncat find the sub, just go soompi to find it.I hate dl from torrent.This streaming video website is great. It have almost all the drama i wanna watch. Erm, u can actually search it for urself. The link i was just randomly click.
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172248 << soompi website.
I've searched on veoh, but I haven't found any with subtitles. I just discovered the aznv.tv and i'm watching it from there. I just wish the screen was bigger!

I'm so going to buy this DVD! Does anybody have it? Are the subtitles on the dvd any good?

myrie
Posts: 19
Joined: May 22nd, '07, 03:44
Location: indie

Post by myrie » Oct 25th, '07, 07:12

i like Jang Hyuk.. and this drama is BEST!! ;)

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Oct 26th, '07, 20:30

I'm so going to buy this DVD! Does anybody have it? Are the subtitles on the dvd any good?
I watched a few minutes here and there -- the subtitles are good enough. They kept the widescreen presentation too.

User avatar
littlemafia
Posts: 98
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 18:53
Location: Junki's HomE
Contact:

Post by littlemafia » Oct 29th, '07, 08:33

saturnfly wrote: [I've searched on veoh, but I haven't found any with subtitles. I just discovered the aznv.tv and i'm watching it from there. I just wish the screen was bigger!

I'm so going to buy this DVD! Does anybody have it? Are the subtitles on the dvd any good?
u can try go to midoyo.net

i loved this drama a lot.. i can say the best drama...
just d ending quite simple i guess. mb they just want the drama to b happy ending..
who still not watch yet, i suggest go watch.. :thumright:

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Oct 30th, '07, 04:32

Sorrry, Saturnfly :cry:

I just get to noe that veoh have remove lyptika video. N thank you is one of it. So i cant help u anymore, sorry..

enchantress11
Posts: 8
Joined: Oct 9th, '06, 00:50

Post by enchantress11 » Dec 31st, '07, 23:21

never knew a doctor could be so hot!! jang hyuk really is a guardian angel!
just too cute... :wub: love this drama! and especially guardian angel 1 :thumright:

User avatar
nerwen
Posts: 14
Joined: Jan 29th, '07, 11:45
Location: Felicidonia
Contact:

Post by nerwen » Feb 7th, '08, 14:19

I started to watch this dorama last night and planned to go through 1 or 2 episodes...but I couldn`t: It was SO good and touching (I cried a lot!) that I had to keep watching and with a loads of force of will I stoped at 3 am with episode 6;)
THANK YOU is really amazing, the performances are just great...and I can`t believe just how good is the child who portraits Boom. O.O

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 27th, '08, 23:55

I plan to watch this when I finish Robbers. I've fallen head-over-heels for Jang Hyuk. Would anyone who has seen Thank You and Robbers care to comment on which role (Kwon Oh Joon or Min Ki Seo) suits him more (or which role he's hotter as)? From the wiki, it looks like the two characters are very similiar.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Feb 28th, '08, 01:21

Can't speak for Robbers, but Thank You actually saved Jang Hyuk's career.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 28th, '08, 15:30

definetly go with bellezas answer... started watching "Robbers" but it doesn't caught me like "Thank you" did within the first episode..
I think, "Thank you" is in general a more outstanding story than a lot of other dramas out there.

Jang Hyuk does a good job in "Robbers", too but nothing in compare to "Thank You" :wub:

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » Feb 28th, '08, 18:26

does it have a sad ending ? cuz im not really in the mood to watch dramas with sad endings

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 28th, '08, 18:39

Let's say it's a great ending and you'll have a smile on your face ^-^

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » Feb 28th, '08, 18:42

littledraci wrote:Let's say it's a great ending and you'll have a smile on your face ^-^
ooooh damn it now I have to go and watch it.. as long as the main characters doesnt die.. im fine with it :wub:

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 28th, '08, 18:51

hope you'll enjoy it like I did Image

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » Feb 29th, '08, 09:39

i stayed up all night to watch this drama.. now that I have finished it... all i can say is WOW
I really dont know what to say.. it was just ... PERFECT


the scene where everyone came to stop her from going.. it brought soo many tears ..

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Feb 29th, '08, 13:27

you're crazy :mrgreen: already finished? :blink
I needed at least 2 days :lol

ah, you mean where the guys lay down behind and in front of her car? And the ahjuma with her regrets.. that was a nicee turning point for her, too

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » Feb 29th, '08, 14:46

littledraci wrote:you're crazy :mrgreen: already finished? :blink
I needed at least 2 days :lol

ah, you mean where the guys lay down behind and in front of her car? And the ahjuma with her regrets.. that was a nicee turning point for her, too
yea i know im crazy but the story was soo good i just couldnt stop watching it... so i didnt go to bed today :w00t: (feelin sleepy now)


the girl who played Bom is such a good actress :blink :D outstanding girl

anyway drama is definitely worth watching

Rob Boyd
Posts: 31
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 21:41
Location: California

Post by Rob Boyd » Feb 29th, '08, 16:29

Saby, It's nice to see that we've made another convert. :cheers: (Thanks to littledraci for helping to clear the way assuring that it was "safe" passage. :clap: ) Every episode in one night?!! :salut: You must be emotionally drained. :cry: Give this gift to your friends. I think it's made us all better and wiser people. :-)

As for Seo Shin Ae ("Lee Bom"), she is truly the best!!!! :thumright: :thumleft: :roll :wub: Aja, Boma...Fighting :dance: !!!

User avatar
maakopla
Posts: 299
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 14:15
Location: Finland

Post by maakopla » Feb 29th, '08, 20:39

I liek thsi drama. It keeps growing on you with every episode. Jang Hyuk is really a great actor, I have found another talent xD well Hyu Jin has been my favorte actress for along time. Also the rest of the cast are doing outstanding job as well. I can't wait to see next episode.

I just finished watching episode 7. That man who always calls Min Gi names is so funny, I laughed so much when Min Gi was jogging and that grandpa came after him with scooter ^^ I want Min Gi to become a doctor again, he should do it! Also I so wanna know what happened in the past. Suk Hyun lost his memory or something?

User avatar
Das_Phantom
Posts: 16
Joined: Jan 24th, '09, 20:34
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Post by Das_Phantom » Aug 15th, '09, 23:54

belleza wrote:Just finished Thank You right now . . . sigh . . .

All I can say is I'm really, really grateful that somebody made a show like this. If I end up watching another drama this year that approaches the inspiration I felt from this show, then 2007 will be truly a special year.

This show isn't conventionally realistic, but in its absurd, fairy tale, dreamlike prayer to the dead and allchildren, it speaks to life. It speaks to the process of living on It speaks to the demons and ghosts, old dreams and half-conscious musings which permeate our daily life. It speaks to fatherhood in a way I've just never seen in any show, because here it speaks with a deep, deep cry. Other shows may explore about the child and the father, but this show exalts in this. And alternately, it speaks to the spiritual toll of motherhood without preaching. Thank You is truly about the greatest love.

I can't describe how much I love these people. Even the grandmother in the end deeply touched me by her transformation, her genuine contrition of the sins done onto the child. How could anyone not fall in love with this angel of a child? Or the mother, whom Hyo-jin shows the full psychic terrain of a young mother, small and yet so strong. Few actresses can act out transition like Hyo-jin; especially here, her performance is a careful modulation of "what am I but my daughter's keeper?" Or the doctor, who is played by Jang Hyuk with a haggard, hungry, drunk intensity. The very strangeness of this man gives the show its off-kilter feel, that understanding that beyond his arrogance and genuinely bad disposition, he could very well have lost the plot. I've read that the success of this role has resurrected his career.

But, Thank You is about the child, innit? The acting of the child actress, the conscience that MISA's screenwriter spoke through this child's curious, happy voice. She is the message of Thank You, which resonates through and past the show's last frame. "If I'm your miracle, it is because of you. You created the miracle. Thank you."
:cry:

Beautifully summed up this show. I watched it a couple of months back, wanted to post my thoughts, but read your post and decided that there was no need for me to say anything else lol.

The show breathed life. It had such a tragic plot, but it wasn't really a main part of the story most of the time, instead it just showed us the life of a normal girl and the life of those around her in their small village. Damn, i should've replied straight after watching because now i don't remember as much and i don't feel the same crazy impact it had on me when i finished. I think i'm going to rewatch it again, one of my fav Korean dramas.

I miss the grandad(gutted when you know what happened) and Bom's cheery voice :cry: haha, remembered the Grandad chasing Min Ki Seo for a whole day and his choco balls :lol
Oh and just remembered the Mum's beautiful character. The way she looked after Bom, Grandad with a smiling face, her kind nature(when she didn't blame the doc for giving Bom aids). I watched Ruler of Your own world, would never have thought she could pull off a role like this lol. Also loved Min Ki Seo, but sad that i don't remember his passionate character that much:-(

beertax wrote:If you guys love this drama, than will you please give "Ruler of Your Own World" a chance? It's got a different story, no adorable lil girl, and the main mal lead is butt ugly, but the two dramas have the same style of writing and development. In fact, many on the "Thank You" forum noticed and commented on this similarity.

As I've stated on this and other forums, ROYOW is perhaps the best kdrama ever made, and certainly the best romantic drama.
I :wub: you lol

Introduced me to my fav Korean drama :-)

krackzer
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 7th, '11, 20:30

where is the torrent

Post by krackzer » Jan 7th, '11, 20:38

can some one please help me i cant find the torrent thank you 2007 complete i only found the drama soundtrack Thank you ost

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7226
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 7th, '11, 22:04

This drama has been licensed and therefore removed from here. You can find it as DDL on some other sites, sadly, there is a policy (FAQ first) to not post DDL for dramas here.

User avatar
Keikan
Posts: 69
Joined: Aug 16th, '11, 19:58

Post by Keikan » Aug 27th, '12, 12:09

Just finished this drama and I'm not sure what to think about it. On the one hand I really loved the way this story was told, but on the other hand I'm disappointed about certain things about the ending.
No matter what, I believe a child has a right to know who their father is. I found it extremely selfish of the mother to separate her child from her father, even though he had atoned more than once for his crimes. I'm glad she somewhat forgave him in the end, but it doesn't change the fact that a little girl with AIDS has to live (for however long she has left to) wondering who her father is. I think that's what irked me the most about the ending. If her father was a criminal, I would understand, but Hyun Suk seemed like a genuinely caring man who was truly repentant about what he'd done to the both of them. Oh and I think Dr Min had no right interfering in these matters... For some reason I couldn't warm up to the actor and even less to the character itself. I really don't know why, but there was something that made me dislike the character, so I was never rooting for him lol! Same thing for the mother, she was just too passive and selfish under the pretense of "generosity". I loooved Bom and the grandpa though. Their interactions were priceless! :D
I think this drama is the kind of drama that you watch to enjoy a beautiful landscape and an interesting way of story-telling. The story itself is not particularly interesting or addictive. Instead, the characters, their emotions, and their personal development are the heart of the drama. In this sense it reminds me of the J-drama "Aoi Tori": beautiful views of the countryside, interesting story-telling, but not a lot of consistency in the story itself. It's basically just a drama to watch when you need to relax. Would I watch it again? Hummm... probably not. It doesn't mean it's a bad drama, it's just not the kind of drama you can watch 100 times and not get tired. I think it's worth a view though, just for the way the story is told. In the same genre (and by the same writer) I preferred "I'm Sorry I Love You" a lot more.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests